Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Jun 3, 2017 8:11 AM

Mar 2009
I miss Annie so much.
Jun 10, 2017 3:29 PM

May 2013
I enjoyed the...restraint that Shingeki showed these past two episodes. Of course I'm using the word "restraint" very loosely here, because restraint isn't in this show's blood (which isn't necessarily a bad thing and often is a very good thing). But between Reiner casually revealing to Eren the answer to one of the story's biggest mysteries and the battle between Reiner and Eren consisting more of clever strategy than over-the-top spectacle and gore, it feels like Shingeki's finally begun to understand some of the merit in underplaying rather than overplaying scenes. Reiner's reveal of his and Bertholdt's identity surprised because it seemed to have come from a different show. The flippancy of the reveal was so stunning largely because of its contrast with Shingeki's M.O. of EVERYTHING IS INTENSE ALL THE TIME EVERYBODY SCREAM in its approach to storytelling. That reveal was so brilliant because it used understatement to deliver a scene more shocking than any amount of camera-shaking, character-screaming, and music-booming would have been able to achieve. Shingeki's characteristically dramatic pyrotechnics only maximized the reveal's impact, which is why it might be my favorite moment this season.

This episode displayed that same preference for restraint, subverting the expectation of massive spectacle by grounding the fight in a more cerebral tactical contest. I found something delightful in watching a fight between two towering Titans that was not an all-out brawl but an intimate grappling match short on destruction.

I don't expect Shingeki's newfound use of quieter avenues to generating excitement to last long, but I am pleased to see the show recognize that its typical melodramatic excess provides valuable opportunities for maximizing the impacts of certain scenes by scaling back said excess.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jun 10, 2017 3:59 PM

Oct 2013
MrAM said:
I enjoyed the...restraint that Shingeki showed these past two episodes. Of course I'm using the word "restraint" very loosely here, because restraint isn't in this show's blood (which isn't necessarily a bad thing and often is a very good thing). But between Reiner casually revealing to Eren the answer to one of the story's biggest mysteries and the battle between Reiner and Eren consisting more of clever strategy than over-the-top spectacle and gore, it feels like Shingeki's finally begun to understand some of the merit in underplaying rather than overplaying scenes. Reiner's reveal of his and Bertholdt's identity surprised because it seemed to have come from a different show. The flippancy of the reveal was so stunning largely because of its contrast with Shingeki's M.O. of EVERYTHING IS INTENSE ALL THE TIME EVERYBODY SCREAM in its approach to storytelling. That reveal was so brilliant because it used understatement to deliver a scene more shocking than any amount of camera-shaking, character-screaming, and music-booming would have been able to achieve. Shingeki's characteristically dramatic pyrotechnics only maximized the reveal's impact, which is why it might be my favorite moment this season.

This episode displayed that same preference for restraint, subverting the expectation of massive spectacle by grounding the fight in a more cerebral tactical contest. I found something delightful in watching a fight between two towering Titans that was not an all-out brawl but an intimate grappling match short on destruction.

I don't expect Shingeki's newfound use of quieter avenues to generating excitement to last long, but I am pleased to see the show recognize that its typical melodramatic excess provides valuable opportunities for maximizing the impacts of certain scenes by scaling back said excess.

Its probably because this season is done by a different director, Though Araki is still on the team as chef director, I don't think he has a huge control over this season.
Jun 11, 2017 6:06 PM

Feb 2013
It sure has been a while since I saw a giant's arm go flying... (eva)
... and Mikasa with that back-of-the-knee slicing... mmm very nice.

Intense episode was intense.
Jun 11, 2017 8:59 PM
Mar 2014
Oh wow. What an episode.
Jun 11, 2017 11:20 PM

May 2016
Shivers run down my body every time Eren used Annie's moves against Reiner ♥ Seeing the mighty Armored Titan being pinned and ripped apart was so awesome! Comparing Mikasa and the Armored Titan's arm's sizes made me realize how gigantic he is, let alone the Colossal Titan.

Hange Titan fangirling for the first time in season 2 despite being so serious due to the situation at hand. Mikasa with the battle support~

If only they had cannons...It was so close then Bertholdt just came crashing down towards both of them.

Jun 16, 2017 1:43 PM

May 2013
I still think they should've at least talked it out with Reiner and Bertholdt before an all-out battle D:
Reiner seems like he wanted Eren for something :/

Maybe the smarter, more human like titans can coexist with the humans. But that's being too optimistic, I know ;[

Kokoro_KotashimaJun 16, 2017 1:49 PM
Jun 17, 2017 2:47 AM
Jul 2018
HANJI'S REACTION TO EREN RESPONDING TO HER WITH A NOD. I DIED. Also, holy shiiit. What a THRILLING episode *q* the fight between Eren and Reiner was so amazing. Eren was impressive being able to use the technique he learned from Annie. Gosh, cliffhanger literally had me screaming eue; SO GOOD.
Jun 19, 2017 6:50 AM

Jan 2014
Whooaa Bertholdt fall, what happened to Ymir and the other people that got eaten? are they beyond saving?
also, Connie didn't get a clue the whole time.
Jun 19, 2017 9:50 AM

Jun 2012
Fucking EPiC!

Now I could give this a 10

Jun 20, 2017 7:34 PM

Jul 2013
That's so good I could cry. I can't really believe what I'm watching.

Mikasa realized pretty fast that she had the best chance to kill Reiner and Berthold to prevent their transformations. However I don't think that she would have been able to do it no matter what. I mean from one to another moment your friends became traitors and you have to kill them? Pretty hard.

Fucking Colossal Titan with his steam made it impossible to attack him. It was also pretty unclear what he intended to do on that wall after he ate Ymir.

The fight between Eren and Reiner was absolute epic. I could imagine that Mikasas blades or normal blows of Eren wouldn't do anything against Reiner. Otherwise he would have never been able to crush the wall all the years ago when Erens mother died and the titans were able to come in.

I loved when they showed the flashback when at first Annie was fighting Eren and then the fight against Mikasa was about to happen. Will they ever show how this ended? A fight between 2 monsters >.<

And with this flashback Eren remembered how to fight an supposedly stronger oponent. Hanges reaction when Eren affirmed what she said was so funny, best moment for her :D
But even Reiner as the Amored Titan has some weak points and Mikasa did a perfect job to cut his hamstrings. At this point it was only a matter of time until Eren would have broke Reiners neck. I was surprised that Reiner even without an arm and the cutted hamstrings had so much power left.

That last scene when the Colossal Titan precipitate to Eren and Reiner was such a cliffhanger. At this point I wonder what will happen because the fight is definitely over.

What I asked myself over the last 2 episodes, what's that place Reiner and Berthold wanted to go with Eren? It must be the same place Annie tried to bring him to. I'm so excited for what I will see in the next episodes omg >.<

Natsu88Jun 20, 2017 9:04 PM

Jun 21, 2017 6:54 AM
May 2014
Best episode so far!
A lot of good action, animation was perfect. I hope Eren won't be smashed up xd
Jul 1, 2017 3:01 PM

Dec 2014
The fight between Eren and Reiner was awesome but I thought it was a bit convenient that Eren thought about the martial arts at the right time while he was almost completely useless against Annie at the end of season one where he just acted out of emotions.

And I'm still baffled for what reason they animated the colossal titan with CGI when he didn't even move much while the other titans were beautifully animated. Was it because of the tracking shot when they moved around his arm?
Jul 3, 2017 6:55 AM

Apr 2013
That was a belter of an episode. Loved the bit where Eren recalled what Annie did in training
KilnerbankerJul 3, 2017 11:55 PM
Jul 3, 2017 12:52 PM

May 2012
Get rekt fucking traitors but fucking hell that lame cliffhanger! Let's see what's next!
Jul 7, 2017 1:53 AM
Jan 2015
intense episode
at the manga , i think it is only a good fight
at anime , I guess I should consider this epic fight !!!
Jul 7, 2017 1:53 AM
Jan 2015
intense episode
at the manga , i think it is only a good fight
at anime , I guess I should consider this epic fight !!!
Jul 8, 2017 1:57 PM

Jul 2009
That fight with Anne in the past helped Eren a lot in this one.
Jul 30, 2017 6:42 AM

Aug 2016
That was one goddamn sweet episode.

1st did they prolonged fight in anime? I would swear it's ending in manga after first Eren's grab while he is trying to pull off Reiner's arm.(dont remember about Mikasa cutting him, did that happened?) That's when collosal titan strikes. Speaking of which.

2nd that CGI collosal titan bothered me so so much. I guess good new Berserk prepared me for worst? Seriously, fok CGI in anime.

3rd remember Mikasa trying stab Reiner intho shoulder? Where is his armor seems thickest?? WHEN there is clearly unprotected neck just right on long of arm? WHAT AN ACTUALL FOK, MIKASA???
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 9:13 PM
Mar 2017
Such an intense fight, as expected.
Aug 1, 2017 6:08 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, intense and amazing fight, surprised they didnt figure out that Reiner was calling for Bertholdt.
Aug 8, 2017 10:40 AM
Aug 2014
Didn't expect Reiner to be such a poor fighter. Once Eren stopped slugging it was completely one-sided. You'd think he never had any training.
Aug 11, 2017 2:27 PM

Sep 2014
Wew, really amazing animation this episode <3
Aug 14, 2017 3:25 AM

Mar 2015
Whew this confrontation was a long time coming and didn't disappoint! Sadly Eren was never gonna win against someone who spent much more time being a titan aware of their powers
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 17, 2017 1:58 PM

Dec 2010
I absolutely hate this show for its cliffhangers. And this time it's probably the laziest execution I've ever seen.
Sep 18, 2017 8:02 PM

Mar 2012
Ugh, why did they have to use CG for the Colossal titan. Looks weird asf.

Nice fight but not as good as the one with Annie.
Oct 9, 2017 11:23 AM

Apr 2012
Looks like Erin has another girlfriend.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Nov 12, 2017 12:54 AM

Sep 2012
are u for real Hange got turned on by hes Titan form XD
Nov 17, 2017 4:14 PM

Sep 2010
Allright I got what I came from.... out of the portion of the manga that I assumed was going to get adapted this was what I wanted to see the most.
Dec 10, 2017 12:30 AM
Apr 2017
Eren's titan voice in the dub is awful.

Still wondering what we'll learn about Annie. From what I've heard, the manga's presentation of her was less one dimensional.
Dec 10, 2017 12:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
If you speak about Annie in the new Ovas we will enjoy with her again ;)
Dec 12, 2017 12:20 AM
Jul 2010
0217 said:

Still wondering what we'll learn about Annie. From what I've heard, the manga's presentation of her was less one dimensional.

You can watch the new OVA about Annie
Dec 15, 2017 12:36 AM
Apr 2017
richardtengcy said:
0217 said:

You can watch the new OVA about Annie

I plan to check it out
Dec 22, 2017 4:43 AM

Dec 2012
CG Colossal Titan looks like shit.
Oh, Connie.
lol Eren getting fucked up even after his MC speech.
Oh shit. Eren using techniques.
lol at Hange blushing.
Dat Mikasa cut.
Colossal Titan is falling.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 7, 2018 6:37 PM

Sep 2011
That was some great mix martial arts!
Feb 11, 2018 12:10 PM

Apr 2014
-That epic and intense fight was glorious to watch.

-CGI Colossal Titan doesn't as intimidating or good as in season 1.

-Beautiful maneuver by Mikasa to slash behind the Armored Titan's knees.

-Eren is filled with RAGE.
Mar 14, 2018 4:54 PM

Mar 2016
ACTION! Brilliant action! For the whole episode!
That was some great close quarter fight. Speaking of CQ, who won in the fight between Annie and Mikasa though?
May 20, 2018 12:48 PM

Mar 2018
Super animation quality
Sep 7, 2018 1:43 PM

Nov 2014
This series has been amazing with its fight choreography so far.
First off, I was pleasantly surprised when the author incoporated muay thai into Annie's fight stance, made me proud as a muay thai amateur fighter.
Then this episode hit and it was honestly really cool when i could predict each submission hold that Eren used against Reiner before he did it. Felt like i had a sharingan. Too bad titans dont breathe, or that guillotine wouldve made quick work of Reiner
Mar 20, 2019 5:35 PM

Sep 2018
I don't know why but I root for Reiner and Bertolt !!
Jul 10, 2019 5:51 AM

May 2016
God damn this anime is good. That is all I have to say.
Nov 13, 2019 2:48 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The fights are just too awesome, the CGI are bad, that's a pity but at least the rest catch up everything.
Nov 28, 2019 6:41 AM

Jan 2016
HOLY SHIT...

I am still shocked as I have not expected this
Reiner and Berthold are the mass murderer titans from Eren's home town...WTF

For the female titan it was easy to find out that it is Annie but this one...I have never thought of this..Reiner maybe but Berthold to be the Colossal Titan still flashes me
Jan 3, 2020 8:45 PM

Aug 2018
Damn what a great ep!
The fights were very detailed and it just not a mindless brawl mc did use of brain and tactics to overcome the enemy which i really like. Eren learned a lot from Annie even Mikasa want to learn from her. Like Annie was inspiration to Eren when it comes to fighting. Im glad they showed her in this ep i really miss Annie.

Annie vs Mikasa
Two of the strongest in their group I wonder who won damn i hope they show us their fight.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 14, 2020 7:47 AM
Apr 2019
SapphyeePH said:
Damn what a great ep!
The fights were very detailed and it just not a mindless brawl mc did use of brain and tactics to overcome the enemy which i really like. Eren learned a lot from Annie even Mikasa want to learn from her. Like Annie was inspiration to Eren when it comes to fighting. Im glad they showed her in this ep i really miss Annie.

Annie vs Mikasa
Two of the strongest in their group I wonder who won damn i hope they show us their fight.
Isayama said this in a interview "The instructor had come and the fight ended without fighting. " So It's a draw.
Jan 28, 2020 9:56 PM

Jun 2009
eren doing some BJJ shit. pretty cool.
Feb 6, 2020 6:52 AM

Jun 2017
the fear in their eyes when Mikasa was close to executing them..Sure they got a heavy past .Somehow part of me wants them to live and cooperate .
Yeah teach those techniques to your enemy and guess what it would come back to bite your ass lmao..
Mar 21, 2020 9:44 AM

Mar 2019
Amazing fight,with the use of close hand combat! I wonder if this plan failed because it looked like the colossal titan was going to kidnap them
Jun 2, 2020 7:54 AM

Oct 2019
So even this episode wont allow me to take a break..another cliffhanger damn..

But seriously this was a awesome episode and well paced which kept entertaining till the very end..

Why Reiner though..Whyyyy

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jul 8, 2020 6:25 PM

Jul 2016
THIS HYPE WAS SO FUCKING LIT LETS GOOOOOOO RIP HIS FUCKING HEAD OFF!!!!!

Anyways erhm, Mr. Colossal is about to swallow them both huh... shit.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.