Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (36) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
May 24, 2017 6:00 PM

May 2015
@Gruffin when I was making the town/scum list I realise I had too many town reads and I didn't feel comfortable listing them all. It didn't feel right. That's why I went with my most comfortable ones.
May 24, 2017 6:04 PM

May 2015
@Astros I'm getting tired of this dialogue we are having. Is not helpful at all to the game, just a waste of time. Let's talk again after you get some free time and made some comments on people's alignments okay? (:
May 24, 2017 6:40 PM

May 2012
/Phew, finally caught up completely.

@Astros Ruu's probing of you. Town getting frustrated with a lack of a read or scum trying to look busy by targeting lurkers? If undecided, what parts of your conversation with her do you think will prove to be useful hints when you do decide?
May 24, 2017 6:49 PM

Jan 2010
The footsteps of an unknown figure break the silence. He looks around the room then asks. "With Rinto gone how will we manage?" Just then the rowdy troublemaker jumps up to everyone's chagrin. Without watching he shouts...
"Rinto mode activate!!!"

A more subdued logic enters the thread.

Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 24, 2017 6:50 PM

Dec 2016
Suzune-chan said:
Grapefruit21 said:

So you didn't see a large risk to PRs accidentally outing themselves if I hadn't stepped in?

@CorruptedPurity turns out I was barking at shadows with Astros. I completely misunderstood one of his posts and missed another. He's not in the town block, but not in the heat of suspicion. With Abu it's the lack of impact and lack of voting in RVS.

And reading how neatly you laid the case out I'm back on suspecting Rinto!Slot. I think, but not as strongly as logic.
Nope, I like to believe that our power roles are smarter then needed. Plus given what they were talking about and the direction it was going, the mafia was unlikely to draw out power roles instead, it would be curious to see what way people responded to things. Everything is not always worst case senerio. Instead, I feel like you spoiled things...

That is a completely reasonable stance to take. Are you still scum reading me? Or more just annoyed at me ending the trap?
May 24, 2017 6:57 PM

Jun 2009
Grapefruit21 said:
Suzune-chan said:
Nope, I like to believe that our power roles are smarter then needed. Plus given what they were talking about and the direction it was going, the mafia was unlikely to draw out power roles instead, it would be curious to see what way people responded to things. Everything is not always worst case senerio. Instead, I feel like you spoiled things...

That is a completely reasonable stance to take. Are you still scum reading me? Or more just annoyed at me ending the trap?
well considering you did it more then once and were eager to keep botching traps you are in the gray zone of possibly scum.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 24, 2017 6:59 PM

May 2012
@Ruu I'll look back through your posts and respond in a bit.

For now, @Grapefruit21 (This link is referred to a lot in this)

My current reads on Togs is he is a light townread. Our view of the gamestate is eerily similar, and the way he responded to my quadruple-scoop Ruu question told me that he's willing to think critically about both myself and Ruu. In addition to that, he also offered his own opinions on her when he really didn't have to in order to evade my suspicion at the time. One thing in particular that I liked about it was this line:
I don’t know if that makes sense and this I already typed too much for just a slight feeling but.. either way not enough to fully read her.
It flows naturally, and it's....not really a thing that I can see him pulling off so well as scum. This is because it's much easier to get caught up in explaining your reads when they are genuine.

Despite everything I said above, he is still only a light townread. This is because I haven't seen him do much pushing on others and he hasn't been doing a whole lot to change that. @Togs Can you check in and give us an update?
---
Oh, another quick note about Togs is I'm super tempted to sheep his read on Logic (as I'm seeing a lot of what he's seeing on that read too), but I'd really hate to be pocketed by him twice in a row. Fence sit, hooray!
@Logic340 Tagging you because I believe you asked for opinions on this read awhile ago?
May 24, 2017 7:03 PM

Aug 2013
Just got home~

And realized why I don't play anymore; game is far better when you don't have to back read every time you open the thread lel
May 24, 2017 7:17 PM

Feb 2014
@Suzune, do you have any plans for tonight? if not can i come to investigate you?

@Ruu it is okay I wont let them lynch you. you can keep doing your thing.

@logic so that is it ? you give up ?
May 24, 2017 7:18 PM

Dec 2016
Suzune-chan said:
Grapefruit21 said:

well considering you did it more then once and were eager to keep botching traps you are in the gray zone of possibly scum.

Then explain this issue to me: if I was scum then I knew about the trap and it wasn't catching anything and stopped the slim chance of the best case scenario for us of a PR slipping and revealing too much.

I also did so knowing it would draw the ire of everyone trying to keep it a secret. Doesn't seem like a scum plus play overall.

Edit: except of course for this particular line of trying to clear myself, but playing along and staying in on the secret is a better way to stay in the clear. And this can never really clear me because it's all wine.
Grapefruit21May 24, 2017 7:22 PM
May 24, 2017 7:20 PM

Jun 2009
grrr said:
@Suzune, do you have any plans for tonight? if not can i come to investigate you?

@Ruu it is okay I wont let them lynch you. you can keep doing your thing.

Sure, go ahead. I have no plans.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 24, 2017 7:22 PM

Jun 2009
Grapefruit21 said:
Suzune-chan said:

Then explain this issue to me: if I was scum then I knew about the trap and it wasn't catching anything and stopped the slim chance of the best case scenario for us of a PR slipping and revealing too much.

I also did so knowing it would draw the ire of everyone trying to keep it a secret. Doesn't seem like a scum plus play overall.
Unless you stopped it to look townie, especially since you stopped it because you are worried about townies? Or you stopped it on accident or walked into it on accident, or possibly responded on instinct. There are a number of answers.

May 24, 2017 7:22 PM

Aug 2013
CorruptedPurity said:
No hard cc? Do you not see what's my angle? Wyndz as a player looks suspicious to me but currently I have 2 major suspects and 1 strong suspect so wyndz can sit at the back of my list til I exhausted the rest of my leads. I really do feel strong coming into this game so doc pls consider going on me.
Um yea; but the entire idea was a reaction test that hinged on scum not knowing town flavor so I figured playing along with what you and laby were doing could've shook something else loose or at least I didn't want to obscure rinto's next post again after you relaxed on him and laby claimed a character, , in hindsight you voting him directly after probably curbed all that but I digress

circling back to that quick i wanted to say that rinto claiming to be a side character was awkward, like he's trying to claim zombie in a way that's trying to come off like he isn't aware what the stock flavor is which doesn't seem like a town-mindset first off but also a little too.. selfaware I guess is the word

also agree that 3 shot doc + bulletproof could be argued inelegant (this point will be more spec-able after some flips) but moreover just a really convenient claim in general. but my top theory is that he's a scum-doc that knew he was safe to claim doctor so he tried it for town-points and failed hard.

Like the biggest question is what is the town motive for a doctor to claim there under no pressure? Can't really think of any But a scum-doc with talks of a doctor swimming around is probably hungry for some low-effort cred.
on top of it all his reaction to pressure was p scummy in general

vote: rinto
so going back here, could still do wyndz if it came down to it but I believe this has more momentum at the moment
May 24, 2017 7:23 PM

Jan 2010
grrr said:

when have you seen me do that?
I've flooded the thread with my fluff I thought you'd be upset?

May 24, 2017 7:24 PM

Aug 2013
I see suz and togs have given me some responses really anxious for those.

Got some townreads I feel pretty good about.

Still a bit of a lurker-pool to hopefully skim down in the coming pages.
May 24, 2017 7:30 PM

Jan 2010
Just a reminder we do have lynch lock in this game and today it takes 8 to lynch.
Let's put our heads together and see if we can get something close to the majority?
@PentaFlare can we get a vote count please?

May 24, 2017 7:37 PM

Feb 2014
By the way, I am nameless zombie (I litteraly have no name, just zombie cop) and from my role description it is clear that the entire town is zombies but I am not sure if that is true for the other zombies. Is there anyone else, beside Rinto, who based on his role description can't tell if his allies are zombies?
May 24, 2017 7:40 PM

Feb 2014
Also does anyone knows if not zombies, what are the mafia and SK ? my role description doesn't say anything but I doubt they are zombies too.

Also if you are curious I can find the SK too, but I wont know if he is mafia or sk.
May 24, 2017 7:42 PM

Aug 2013
logic340 said:
AbuHumaid said:
@Togs I'm sleepy right now it's late here, I'll see when i wake up
Why is it you chose not to participate in RVS?
They participated technically; but it pinged me slightly for just how useless the participation was.

Sorta like a "i'm here but not [i]really[/i[ here kinda thing which you see from scum more than town and that part of it I sorta chalked up to maybe just unfamiliar with the crowd kind of the new guy not sure where to get a footing but it does seem as if abu said he's played a few games here.. Curious to see if he actually gets around to providing some real content
May 24, 2017 7:43 PM

Feb 2014
I am against killing rinto today. lets give him chance to "protect" someone. Rinto I would advice you if you fake claimed to take it to your grave because if you try to say it was fake claim you will get lynched hard : D. Being doctor is the only thing that keeps you alive yet after you slipped.
May 24, 2017 7:45 PM

Feb 2014
@penta I appreciate the stylish vote counts
May 24, 2017 7:48 PM

Feb 2014
I wonna poke something. I already poked logic but he is no fun. Suzune will be poked tomorrow. I think I can poke gruffin today.

Gruffin we can lynch you today and tomorrow we can lynch someone else.
vote: gruffin
May 24, 2017 7:50 PM

Feb 2014
@Fo since we are both town I guess you can just sheep my votes. As long as we help each other we wont get lynched.
May 24, 2017 7:50 PM

Jun 2009
grrr said:
I wonna poke something. I already poked logic but he is no fun. Suzune will be poked tomorrow. I think I can poke gruffin today.

You are welcome to poke me. I'm hanging around for about an hour and then I will have to be off.

May 24, 2017 7:51 PM

Aug 2013
CorruptedPurity said:
Laby-Gaga said:

I think you mean, how does it feel to have an easy way to catch out scum mechanically thrown right out the fuhkken window by someone who durped, clicked then posted before thinking about it at all.
To anyone in the know, you were far from silent about what you were playing at and my claim should have stood out a mile away.
I'm still baffled that someone would actually throw this away so early into the free train on me.

Edit: Fixed then having read "the"

You were online from all the way when you first claimed and I asked whether it was bait to my vote on you til Grape opened up the game and told everyone the setup til now. Funny thing is you only went, "Oh I knew this all along, I was just baiting maf to make a mechanical mistake" after Grape revealed whats up. This is like claiming miller after being caught by cop...
Not quite; I think it's actually more likely a town laby saw a chance to get reactions and took it rather than the two options he'd be taking as scum: outright claiming scum (ballsy as fuck) or taking a very high-risk almost no reward play for no real reason.
May 24, 2017 7:52 PM

Feb 2014
@Suzune a town suzune would say "when I am town I usually got killed early so you better not waste your investigation on me" but you welcomed my investigation which is SUZPICIOUS.
May 24, 2017 7:53 PM

Feb 2014
@Suzune I really want to poke you tomorrow. If I poke you now, then it will be easier for you to defend and once you successfully deflect a poke it would be way easier to deflect the pokes to come. I want to get enough data for my first poke to make sure it hurts.
May 24, 2017 7:54 PM

Jun 2009
grrr said:
@Suzune a town suzune would say "when I am town I usually got killed early so you better not waste your investigation on me" but you welcomed my investigation which is SUZPICIOUS.
Would I really say that? That does not sound like me.

May 24, 2017 7:55 PM

Jun 2009
grrr said:
@Suzune I really want to poke you tomorrow. If I poke you now, then it will be easier for you to defend and once you successfully deflect a poke it would be way easier to deflect the pokes to come. I want to get enough data for my first poke to make sure it hurts.
Sure, that's fine. I can wait. I enjoy talking so whenever is fine.

May 24, 2017 7:57 PM

Aug 2013
Suz who's scum?
May 24, 2017 7:57 PM

Aug 2013
grrr said:
@Fo since we are both town I guess you can just sheep my votes. As long as we help each other we wont get lynched.
You should know I don't sheep pally
May 24, 2017 7:58 PM

Jun 2009
Fo said:
Suz who's scum?
At this very instant, Laby-Gaga is.

Edit: Also possibly grapefruit

May 24, 2017 8:02 PM

Dec 2016
Alright so reads list:
Town
Grape

CPurity
dono/Wen
Fo
Togs

Gruffin
Ruu
Grrr
Laby

Astros

Wyndz
Suzu
Abu

Rinto!Slot
Logic
May 24, 2017 8:05 PM

Dec 2016
Suzune-chan said:
Fo said:
Suz who's scum?

The fact that you're scum reading me largely for blowing the secret is a huge part of why I'm scum reading you fwiw. Your progression doesn't make any sense to me.
May 24, 2017 8:07 PM

Jan 2010
Fo said:
logic340 said:
Why is it you chose not to participate in RVS?
They participated technically; but it pinged me slightly for just how useless the participation was.

Sorta like a "i'm here but not [i]really[/i[ here kinda thing which you see from scum more than town and that part of it I sorta chalked up to maybe just unfamiliar with the crowd kind of the new guy not sure where to get a footing but it does seem as if abu said he's played a few games here.. Curious to see if he actually gets around to providing some real content
visibility concern because I've seen it as a scum partner recently but I've also seen it in his town game. From my PoV a shy player trying to learn the game and find hid footing but he's always behind. Feels like a newer player acc hard for be too nail down here with such little content but as for the current behavior is NAI to me.
3 games with Abu prior to this. All of them pretty much the same behavior. Vote pressure will get him active but it could lead to a mislynch as easily as a lynch on new mafia. We should all try to converse/engage with him?
I was scum he was town Sailor Moon
I was town he was town Stray Dogs
I was scum he was scum Easter Egg

May 24, 2017 8:09 PM

Jun 2009
Grapefruit21 said:
Suzune-chan said:

The fact that you're scum reading me largely for blowing the secret is a huge part of why I'm scum reading you fwiw. Your progression doesn't make any sense to me.
What about it does not make sense? Perhaps I can clear it up for you. I have been reading the topic all day, I think the progression is quite natural. It first I was humored by you, then you did some things I thought were questionable, then you continued to fight over the things that initially humored me, and now you want to know what I think and I am left with not a very good opinion on your stance this game however, since you opinion of you stems from how you handle things that appear in the topic and not on what you say, I cannot lynch you today because I want that intuition feeling I get too before I seal that. I am missing the obvious motive, so I ponder it.

Edit: Basically I think you wasted a couple of good opportunities and see stuck on past things instead of looking forward.

May 24, 2017 8:09 PM

Feb 2014
Grapefruit21 said:
Suzune-chan said:

It is okay grape, we can catch her tomorrow. Once I check her she would have no place to run and she will have to surrender.
May 24, 2017 8:10 PM

Jan 2010
Grapefruit21 said:
Suzune-chan said:

I have been scum reading you for the same reason though. Because they are not just a mafia traps they can help get reads on townies as well? It's exactly what I said to Gruffin earlier on page 2 about letting things happen organically?

May 24, 2017 8:11 PM

Jan 2010
grrr said:

I guess I'm losing my edge *shrugs*

May 24, 2017 8:11 PM

Feb 2014
Fo said:
grrr said:
You should know I don't sheep pally
Fine I will find myself other sheep.
May 24, 2017 8:14 PM

Feb 2014
@Abu

You are the only one I trust. Join me and we can catch the mafia together. I am your cop so you should trust me.
May 24, 2017 8:18 PM

Dec 2016
@Suzune-Chan that wasn't super clarifying but since you want to see more I'll let it be.

@logic340 495 doesn't make any sense to me. Can you rephase it.

@grrr what do you think of CorruptedPurity now? And yup sounds good.
May 24, 2017 8:23 PM

Jun 2009
Grapefruit21 said:
@Suzune-Chan that wasn't super clarifying but since you want to see more I'll let it be.

@logic340 495 doesn't make any sense to me. Can you rephase it.

@grrr what do you think of CorruptedPurity now? And yup sounds good.
I'm getting prison mafia vibes from you and I pushed you really hard and then got blindsided by figuring out it was logic too late. Therefore, I want to stay out of that kind of direct conflict with you, because I get obsessed with our discussion that I lose focus in other places and only realize to late that I was wrong.

May 2012
Ruu said:
@Gruffin when I was making the town/scum list I realise I had too many town reads and I didn't feel comfortable listing them all. It didn't feel right. That's why I went with my most comfortable ones.
Why weren't you comfortable with listing them all?

Aug 2013
Ruu said:
I'm responding as I read btw

@Gruffin I joined the game at 1 am so I just wanted to read what was going on, I didn't want to be MIA for so many hours. I still don't get what was the point of asking togs. Did it worked?

@Togs If you are townreading grape why are you still okay with your vote on him? this makes no sense.

What's up with this claims?! First grr and now Rinto? this is so... bizarre. I don't know what to think. Claiming so early makes no sense. I understand why grrr would do it, but Rinto? I don't believe grrr's but I can't figure out if Rinto is also bluffing or just trying to make people believe he is lying so they won't bother him. @CorruptedPurity I think Rinto passed the test? I think his answer was correct.

@Laby-Gaga (#166) I consider my vote on grrr rvs because I don't have a real reason to vote for him. He could be lying about his claim but that doesn't mean he is town nor mafia. Like I said, I was planning to vote for him or Fo during rvs but grrr has being meaner to me so he got the vote >_>
(#169) mmm I think I don't understand your question. Can you rephrase it?
Also what the hell? @CorruptedPurity I get why you are so confused. I'm so confused right now. SO MANY CLAIMS, STOP IT! I DON'T KNOW WHO TO BELIEVE!

@WyNdZ (#207) because I don't think grrr would claim if he really had that role.

Still catching up

Super mixed on this ruu post. On the one hand hey at least it's some content from someone who hadn't really given any content up until this point so thumbs up there I guess.

Question to gruffin is alright on a surface level but I'd need to relook at the exchange to see if there was anything vague in gruff's reply about why they asked togs specifically I recall that being clear (albeit wordy).

Question to togs is okay but does tread on too much benefit of the doubt territory and doesn't really give a stance so gonna look for followup on that.

Reaction to the claims is kinda all over the place; like yes the concesus had already agreed that for grrr it was forgivable because he's grrr (and btw the concesus was wrong there grrr wasn't town for the claim it was for his thought process behind the claim: Not wanting the doc to waste his save on CP when he's a cop and needs it more is something that I can follow but don't really agree with) which rinto, who I'm currently voting *hint hint* lacked completely.

@Ruu so why is it surprising to you the difference in a lot of the players reactions to the claims when you yourself seem to have touched on some of what made them different?

Do you think grrr is scum?
May 24, 2017 8:29 PM

May 2012
grrr said:

Hm...Reaction post? In that case I don't think you're going to gain as much from this as you would from reading my posts.
May 24, 2017 8:31 PM

Aug 2013
Ruu said:
how did I end up in the lead? :/
Yikes
May 24, 2017 8:31 PM

Jan 2010
CorruptedPurity said:
Ok... For logic, my thought process this game:
thank you for doing this..I can totally see where you're coming from now but being that I see things a bit differently than you do it's just an agree to disagree type situation.

You know what I do when I see something out of the ordinary? I jump on it instead of paying with it and keeping it close to my chest. I tell what in thinking in a very direct manner. You've been there you know this? We did know about the countermeasures the host took as it was discussed in the sign up thread Rinto asked.
You gain back a little tired equity as I kind of agree with Gruffin that this feels somewhat similar to SM where you tried yo use mechanic to catch scum early. As I started it's a good place for scum to hide (as I like time hide in it as scum).

May 24, 2017 8:33 PM

Aug 2013
WyNdZ said:
PentaFlare said:

Going to post an explanation of what everything means in a second since I haven't used this type of vote count before.

Voting lists looks messy with all of those crosses
Grapefruit21 said:

@logic340 I still have strong suspicions on Astros and to a lesser extent Abu, I just think that we caught scum through flavor and moved my vote accordingly.

Curious what are your reasons for suspecting them.

AbuHumaid said:
catching up

You've barely posted at all. Reminds me of the last game where you were inactive and then flipped scum. Do I have to place my vote on you again to get your attention

Vote AbuHumaid

I'd like your thoughts on the state of the game so far
Still scum^
May 24, 2017 8:35 PM

Dec 2013
im doing a vote count now give me like 10 mins

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (36) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.