Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 15, 2017 3:54 AM

Jan 2010
Not sure anyone had checked this out yet, but i just want to share!

First Character Popularity Poll (Opened on chapter 52)

1. Izuku Midoriya 2314 votes
2. Shouto Todoroki 1987 votes
3. Katsuki Bakugou 1764 votes
4. Ochako Uraraka 652 votes
5. All Might 627 votes
6. Tsuyu Asui 589 votes
7. Fumikage Tokoyami 485 votes
8. Tenya Iida 390 votes
9. Shouta Aizawa 378 votes
10. Denki Kaminari 224 votes

Second Character Popularity Poll (Opened on chapter 120)

1. Katsuki Bakugou 3020 votes
2. Izuku Midoriya 2217 votes
3. Shouto Todoroki 1795 votes
4. Shouta Aizawa 943 votes
5. Eijirou Kirishima 722 votes
6. All Might 521 votes
7. Kyouka Jirou 446 votes
8. Tenya Iida 331 votes
9. Tsuyu Asui 309 votes
10. Ochako Uraraka 292 votes

I only listed top 10, if want to see more, check the source!

So what do you think? Did your favorite character make it to top 10?
I'm pleasantly surprised at Bakugo's ranking in the second poll! he beats Izuku and Todoroki lol. I wonder which arc that made him so popular! So excited!
Also surprised to see Kirishima and Kyouka so high in the rank! Also Aizawa-sensei from 9th to 4th! This poll made me really excited to see what make the seemingly not so important side characters now so high in the rank at the second poll!
No manga spoilers please!

P.S until what chapter do you think this season would cover?

Source: http://bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/Popularity_Polls

New!

Third Character Popularity Poll (Opened on chapter 163)

1. Katsuki Bakugou 5909 votes
2. Izuku Midoriya 3205 votes
3. Shouto Todoroki 3205 votes
4. Eijirou Kirishima 2006 votes
5. Tenya Iida 1822 votes
6. Shouta Aizawa 1453 votes
7. All Might 1378 votes
8. Kaminari Denki 1223 votes
9. Ochako Uraraka 1211 votes
10. Shinsou Hitoshi 1178 votes

Wow!! Bakugou is on the top again!! The margin is quite large too, much more so than last time! Just look at him, he is so beautiful (。♥‿♥。)
I think he won't be de-throned so easily now. All hail my king!
It's nice to see Kaminari and Shinsou!!! Does it mean they get some more screentime in some arc? Looking forward to that! I really like them both!

There are the US popularity polls too, and I think the result is a bit weird haha

First Character Popularity Poll (US) (27 July 2015)
1. Midoriya Izuku
2. Asui Tsuyu
3. Uraraka Ochako
4. All Might
5. Bakugou Katsuki
6. Todoroki Shouto
7. Tokoyami Fumikage
8. Stain
9. Hatsume Mei
9. Ashido Mina

So many female characters even the minor one like Hatsume! That's weird but I don't complain! She needs more love! <3

Second Character Popularity Poll (US) (22 September 2016)
1. Bakugou Katsuki 1343
2. Midoriya Izuku 851
3. Toga Himiko 525
4. Todoroki Shouto 345
5. Asui Tsuyu 340
6. All Might 245
7. Uraraka Ochako 239
8. Tokoyami Fumikage 191
9. Kirishima Eijirou 178
10. Aizawa Shouta 146

Wow Kacchan wins again! My some margin too! I never expected him to be as popular as in Japan, I mean, pretty sure he got a lot of hater on this site. Just how amazing his development in the manga? Will anime only watcher follow suit?
And TOGA HIMIKO BEST GIRL yeah! She even beats Todoroki lmao

I'm loving all these results. I'll be expecting Bakugo popularity will keep going higher!
CrimsonMidnightDec 11, 2017 10:42 PM
May 15, 2017 4:48 AM

Apr 2013
Kachan 2nd in the first poll and 1st on the second poll. Horray for Bakugo!!!
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
May 15, 2017 10:32 AM

Dec 2016
wow that's mean we will see more about other characters in the next episodes ??
May 15, 2017 5:15 PM

Dec 2015
Thanks for sharing!

Really like the top 10 character results! Happy to see Kirishima on Second poll but Tokoyami needs more love...
Kachann's my Fav char and its so satisfying to see that he still made it to top 3 in the first poll even though he's a shitty little bastard back then... XD Second poll is quite understandable and you'll soon find out why if you're gonna read the manga or watch the anime, but its still a bit surprising that he beat Izuku
QueenSapphireMay 15, 2017 5:42 PM
May 16, 2017 1:50 AM
Jun 2016
I honestly really liked Bakugou even from the first episode alone, his personality and reactions were hilarious. They are still now, but it felt consistently toned down to allow for more character development. Although I can see why others have preferences over characters such as the inspiring Midoriya / AllMight or the cool Aizawa/Todoroki/Tokoyami. For me, he is still best boy and non-manga readers will find out soon if the anime will still continue. In fact, they can find out for themselves later on ;). I'm also waiting for other undeveloped characters like Yaozuru and Kirishima to have their time to shine sooner or later.
May 16, 2017 2:59 AM

Sep 2016
bakugou is indeed the best among these wimpy overdramatic characters
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 16, 2017 3:20 AM

Jun 2015
Bakugo was my favorite character since episode 1.

:)
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
May 16, 2017 11:26 AM

Jan 2010
Takamura-sama said:
Bakugo was my favorite character since episode 1.

:)
Mariecat1 said:
I honestly really liked Bakugou even from the first episode alone,

Same same <3
I like him more and more each episodes
May 20, 2017 5:02 AM

Jan 2017
BakuGOAT is there where he belongs.
May 20, 2017 5:05 AM

Jan 2013
I cant understand how can people like Bakugo? There's no redeeming attribute in his character, he just exists as an annoying childhood friend of the MC.
May 20, 2017 5:22 AM

Jan 2010
Klad said:
I cant understand how can people like Bakugo? There's no redeeming attribute in his character, he just exists as an annoying childhood friend of the MC.

Actually he has a lot of redeeming qualities to his character. Which is mentioned by Deku himself. He still admired him remember?? Despite all the horrible things Kacchan did to him? Somehow Kacchan is always the one who managed to make Deku realize of his own dream of becoming the greatest hero just like in the episode when Shinso and Tetsutetsu challenged class 1-A.

I understand why some people hate him/can't like him for obvious reasons. But to say that he has no redeeming qualities is just wrong?? Maybe in your case, his redeeming qualities just not enough to make him likeable.
May 20, 2017 6:49 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Klad said:
What makes him great have been kind of subtle at this stage in the series but as things progresses you'll understand why Bakugou is nothing like how most paint him out to be
May 20, 2017 6:55 AM

Dec 2015
The second poll has quite a few changes from the first one.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 26, 2017 7:45 PM
Jul 2018
joe_g7 said:
The second poll has quite a few changes from the first one.

I noticed that there's one more girl on the second poll than on the first one, and that's Jirou. I wonder if Jirou gets some development on later chapters. She's one of my faves because of her punk style.
Jun 13, 2017 1:33 AM

Oct 2014
Shicchi said:
Klad said:

Actually he has a lot of redeeming qualities to his character. Which is mentioned by Deku himself. He still admired him remember?? Despite all the horrible things Kacchan did to him? Somehow Kacchan is always the one who managed to make Deku realize of his own dream of becoming the greatest hero just like in the episode when Shinso and Tetsutetsu challenged class 1-A.

I understand why some people hate him/can't like him for obvious reasons. But to say that he has no redeeming qualities is just wrong?? Maybe in your case, his redeeming qualities just not enough to make him likeable.

The redeeming quality you mentioned is nothing more than an unintentionally good aspect of the character. I'm sure Bakugo wasn't intentionally trying to make Deku 'realise' his goal. In fact I'm sure Bakugo wants nothing more than to see Deku fail/beat him up so that his ego can be boosted even higher than Mt Everest: Proof in the fact that every time Deku wins or does well he gets incredibly frustrated (that Deku who was once nothing, is now a thorn in his side) and even has flashbacks to points in time where Deku was weak. The only time that I saw Bakugo do something remotely good was when he acknowledged that Uraraka was strong post-fight, and even then that isn't really something worth praising, since villains do that all the time... So what other good qualities does he have that I don't know about?
Jun 13, 2017 3:08 AM

Jan 2010
8797 said:
Shicchi said:

The redeeming quality you mentioned is nothing more than an unintentionally good aspect of the character. I'm sure Bakugo wasn't intentionally trying to make Deku 'realise' his goal. In fact I'm sure Bakugo wants nothing more than to see Deku fail/beat him up so that his ego can be boosted even higher than Mt Everest: Proof in the fact that every time Deku wins or does well he gets incredibly frustrated (that Deku who was once nothing, is now a thorn in his side) and even has flashbacks to points in time where Deku was weak. The only time that I saw Bakugo do something remotely good was when he acknowledged that Uraraka was strong post-fight, and even then that isn't really something worth praising, since villains do that all the time... So what other good qualities does he have that I don't know about?

Well Horikoshi said so himself that his character was meant to be unlikeable so you're not wrong for disliking him.

And I believe it's intentional. Bakugou is great at everything (he is strong, he is smart, has natural battle instinct, very determined, aim to be the top but still knows his limitations) his only downside is his pride, ego and personality.

I think you just need to understand him more to be able to appreciate him. I personally find him extremely entertaining with high potential to develop into somone amazing. Not saying his actions shouldn't have concequences, but If the spoilers are true, he is going to gradually change to a better person. He, after all, wants to be the no.1 hero.

My points is, he is the type that meant to be disliked and change gradually throughout the story. Like Deku who goes from a guy with low self esteem and low confidence, growing more and more bold and confidence throughout the story. I believe Bakugou too, will change throughout the story.

I think he's supposed to be this bloated blob of self confidence who has pretty much all that Izuku doesn't just in the worst possible way. But just as Izuku gets more of those traits Bakugou will also become more "human" over time.
I believe that we aren't necessarily supposed to like him just right now but respect his development and growth.

I'm going to quote someone's character analysis about Bakugou from various source (since I don't trust my english to be able to explain it to you the way I want)

For more in depth, panel to panel analysis, here is the source:
http://catsandanimenerd.tumblr.com/post/142832473556/ok-so-ive-vagued-about-it-but-ive-been-busy

ANYWAY, It's perfectly understandable people find him unbearable, but he intended to be that way plus I somewhat can relate to him (the superiority complex part and how showering kids with praises and only praises is bad) which is why I like him as a character. Plus I always liked arrogant, unfiltered characters who is strong and smart. I'm hyped to see his development.

So to answer your question, if bakugou is a goodie, a likeable character, he would practically become a Gary Stu, flawless, bland, unrealistic character. I treat his bad personality as his flaw and I accepted it. And I think his other character traits are redeeming qualities enough in my eyes. And I'm eager to see his character development.
You know, even Deku, who Bakugou bullied for years still admire him and thought he is an impressive person despite his nasty personality. Despite his personality to scare people off, people still wants, tries, to befriend him. Because they think there is some qualities in Bakugou that's worth it. If it's not redeeming qualities I don't know what is
CrimsonMidnightJun 13, 2017 3:23 AM
Jun 13, 2017 3:47 AM

Oct 2014
@Shicchi

I understand what you're trying to say; Bakugo as a child had a sheltered life with little competition and over time he developed a superiority complex which justifies his personality and massive ego. However, this doesn't really justify his childish behaviour, where he screams, "I'll kill you" whenever things don't go his way.

Also, it's pretty amusing that the UA doesn't seem to give two shits or raise any eyebrows whenever Bakugo does something questionable or unethical, so in a sense they are partially to blame. But at the moment, like you said, he comes off as just unlikable to me even though I understand where he came from. I hope he does change like the author and rumours suggest, because at the moment I can only judge based on what I see.
Jun 13, 2017 4:19 AM

Jan 2010
8797 said:
@Shicchi

I understand what you're trying to say; Bakugo as a child had a sheltered life with little competition and over time he developed a superiority complex which justifies his personality and massive ego. However, this doesn't really justify his childish behaviour, where he screams, "I'll kill you" whenever things don't go his way.

Also, it's pretty amusing that the UA doesn't seem to give two shits or raise any eyebrows whenever Bakugo does something questionable or unethical, so in a sense they are partially to blame. But at the moment, like you said, he comes off as just unlikable to me even though I understand where he came from. I hope he does change like the author and rumours suggest, because at the moment I can only judge based on what I see.

I think him yelling "I'll kill you" is just his way of speech... or something. He doesn't really mean it, like in his battle with Ochako, how could he said "She is still... not dead!" to Ochako?! He probably has different definition of that word lmao.

In the first season when he lost to Deku, it made him realized that it's because he was acting childish and blinded by anger and swore to not acting like that again if he can help it. He is very hot-headed, very aggressive, and impulsive. Really childish is just one of his many bad personality for him to fix.

Yeah you're right, I mean, Present Mic clearly dislike Bakugou but didn't do anything about it (or can't). Even All Might let Bakugou did what he did to Deku in that battle trial. But then again there is friggin Endeavor, the number two hero who probably more evil than some villains. So, it seems like as long as someone has potential to defeat villain (remember Bakugou is ranked first in the entrance exam), they let things like that slide.

You're definitely not the only one who hope for Bakugou to change. Me as his fans too, can't wait for him to get his shit together and grow up. I want him to make it up to Deku for all the nasty shit he'd done to him.

Looking at how he even beat Deku in the second poll, and by a quite large margin too, I guess he did change and I reaaaaaallly can't wait to see that!
Jul 8, 2017 2:24 PM

Jan 2010
@8797

GUYS THE ENDING IS BASED ON THE SECOND CHARACTER POPULARITY POLL ART I'M SO BEYOND HAPPY
Jul 9, 2017 12:13 AM
Jul 2014
So fujoshi hijacked the second poll? Then the results make sense.
Jul 9, 2017 1:29 AM

Jun 2009
Bakugo is number 1. I can get behind this. x3
And my personal fave is number 5(Kirishima). Wish he could be closer to his bf but oh well. ;n;

I wish Mina made it though she's another one of my faves. :C

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Jul 9, 2017 2:39 AM

Dec 2013
ChocoBar9 said:

They are less guys in the first poll as there is in the second.
G_Spark233Jul 9, 2017 6:39 AM
Jul 9, 2017 5:56 AM

Oct 2014
Bakugo is where he belongs XD.

I think the popularity pools just reflect the importance of certain character throughout the arcs that preceded those polls, so it makes perfect sens for Midoriya to be no 1 in the first one, and for Bakugo to be no 1 in the second one.
Jul 9, 2017 6:20 AM

Jan 2010
ChocoBar9 said:

Huh??? Why??? I'm lost here XD

If anything, there are more girls in the second poll than in the first one XD (there is Jirou in the second poll in addition to Uraraka and Tsuyu-chan)
Aug 31, 2017 5:06 AM
May 2015
Mineta shouldn't even be here...
Aug 31, 2017 5:10 AM

Jan 2010
KittyxChan said:
I wish Mina made it though she's another one of my faves. :C

Me too :( she is my second best girl after Momo
Aug 31, 2017 5:46 AM

Apr 2017
*sees todoroki on second place in the first*

Finally , japan has some nicu tasto

*sees todoroki on third place in the second*

Fuck u japan :D *cries in the corner*

Edit: the MAL top is the best
S-quare22Aug 31, 2017 5:51 AM

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Aug 31, 2017 6:41 AM

Jun 2016
To be honest, I don't really like Katsuki Bakugou that much.. but anyway, not bad. I was hoping that Tsuyu would be higher XD
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Aug 31, 2017 8:49 AM

Jan 2010
Yaboku said:
To be honest, I don't really like Katsuki Bakugou that much.. but anyway, not bad. I was hoping that Tsuyu would be higher XD

Horikoshi said in an interview when asked about Bakugou explosive popularity, that he totally didn't expect Bakugou to be popular let alone this popular!

So, yeah, even the author himself doesn't expect Bakugou's popularity lol (he had said he made Bakugou's character unlikeable on purpose)
But then Bakugou totally beat the protagonist here.

I can't wait for the third poll! Who is going to de-throne Bakugou? Or will he stayed comfortably at the top?

Well, as a fan of him, I'm just glad majority of readers love him too. <3

p.s. I can't believe Momo was not in the top ten :( she is my best girl ; w ;
Sep 7, 2017 6:31 PM

Feb 2009
Yaboku said:

I second you in both statements (regarding Bakugou and Tsuyu). =P

Tsuyu is my favorite character and I was kinda hoping she would become more important since she's frequently featured in the anime's promo images AND she has a lot of favorites on MAL too, but we're past middleway of season 2 and she has barely done important so far in the story... =(

BNHA needs more girls in the spotlight, I hope these ranking serve to show this the author. So Uraraka is the only female character with significant development.

And Bakugou pisses me off, honestly.
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Sep 13, 2017 2:57 PM

Jul 2008
Gutted Ashida didn't even make it into the top twenty (although she did much better in the US poll), she's definitely my favourite secondary character and has one of the most interesting designs. Surprised Bakugo is so high up — I find him to be one of the most irritating characters in the entire series.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Sep 13, 2017 10:22 PM

Jan 2010
Touka said:
Gutted Ashida didn't even make it into the top twenty (although she did much better in the US poll), she's definitely my favourite secondary character and has one of the most interesting designs. Surprised Bakugo is so high up — I find him to be one of the most irritating characters in the entire series.

I love Mina too ; w ; she is my second best girl after Momo.

Lmao. The thing with Bakugou is, he is kind of a hit or miss character I think. People either love him or hate him XP

Seems like he is much less popular in western. I wonder why?
Sep 14, 2017 2:58 AM

Oct 2015
Second poll happened right after a Bakugo arc iirc.
Sep 14, 2017 3:18 AM

Jan 2010
MoonStar9 said:
Second poll happened right after a Bakugo arc iirc.

Oh that make sense!
Dec 11, 2017 3:34 AM
Jun 2017
Light- said:
Shicchi said:

Actually, you’re quite wrong with the idea that Bakugou only wants to see Deku fail. I’m not going to spoil and ruin your experience, but he does later give advice to Deku on how to improve his quirk, which no one or even I would’ve expected from Bakugou. It was truly a genuine and sincere suggestion with in-depth analysis since Bakugou is extremely intelligent in terms of combat, so Deku really appreciated his input. I’m pretty sure you’re not a manga reader, so you can’t really judge Bakugou as of now since season two doesn’t really go hand in hand with the manga. It’s probably only 30-40 chapters in out of a 160 chapter manga, so that’s why Bakugou won the two most recent popularity polls from both the US and Japan. Don’t get me wrong though, I did hated Bakugou with all of my heart, but his character development absolutely trumps my love for Deku and any other character.
Dec 11, 2017 3:45 AM

Jan 2010
JenLN said:
Light- said:

Actually, you’re quite wrong with the idea that Bakugou only wants to see Deku fail. I’m not going to spoil and ruin your experience, but
I’m pretty sure you’re not a manga reader, so you can’t really judge Bakugou as of now since season two doesn’t really go hand in hand with the manga. It’s probably only 30-40 chapters in out of a 160 chapter manga, so that’s why Bakugou won the two most recent popularity polls from both the US and Japan. Don’t get me wrong though, I did hated Bakugou with all of my heart, but his character development absolutely trumps my love for Deku and any other character.

Hey some of the things you wrote's like, totally a spoiler, so please put in a spoiler tag! Thankfully, I already got spoiled about those bits so I won't get mad orz

Spoilers aside...

I really really really happy reading your comments about Bakugou!!!! I heard he gone through such amazing development and I just couldn't wait for S3!!!!
Do you think S3 will cover all the way through the part you mentioned?
Dec 11, 2017 1:36 PM
Jun 2017
Shicchi said:
JenLN said:

Actually, you’re quite wrong with the idea that Bakugou only wants to see Deku fail. I’m not going to spoil and ruin your experience, but
I’m pretty sure you’re not a manga reader, so you can’t really judge Bakugou as of now since season two doesn’t really go hand in hand with the manga. It’s probably only 30-40 chapters in out of a 160 chapter manga, so that’s why Bakugou won the two most recent popularity polls from both the US and Japan. Don’t get me wrong though, I did hated Bakugou with all of my heart, but his character development absolutely trumps my love for Deku and any other character.

Hey some of the things you wrote's like, totally a spoiler, so please put in a spoiler tag! Thankfully, I already got spoiled about those bits so I won't get mad orz

Spoilers aside...

I really really really happy reading your comments about Bakugou!!!! I heard he gone through such amazing development and I just couldn't wait for S3!!!!
Do you think S3 will cover all the way through the part you mentioned?

Oh ok, thanks then! The advice doesn’t do anything to the plot, it’s just something he says, but I’m so sorry if it ruins your BNHA experience! And no, absolutely the third season will most likely not cover that part since it’s quite far from the main plot in season three, BUT OMG, it’s beautiful. Bakugou will definitely prove to the fans that keeps mocking him for his constant rude and villainous attitude, his genuine side. I don’t want to overhype it since no one did it for me, so that’s why I truly came to love him, but just simply expect a slight change in your opinion on Bakugou if you don’t already despise or feeling neutral towards him currently.
Dec 11, 2017 10:11 PM

Jan 2010
ak47 said:
I just can not comprehend this 3rd popularity poll. Bakugou could be even entertaining as a character if his actions weren't so easily accepted by others. Every time someone in the series talks about Bakugou's and Izuku's relationship as "they both just can't get along", or something along those lines, it irks me to no end. It's Bakugou the Rude Bully (there's not much more to him than that at all, to my eyes) who is the problem, not Izuku. Sadly I don't see the ranking changing all that much with the next poll either, but at least the gap might not be so big

"It's Bakugou the Rude Bully (there's not much more to him than that at all, to my eyes)"

There, my friend, is the prove you're just a blind hater. And you certainly not the only blind hater Bakugou has. Thankfully, people like you is just a minority, seeing that apparently Bakugou is well liked by majority of the fans. He is in the top of the polls for a reason!
Dec 12, 2017 9:24 AM

Jan 2010
ak47 said:
Shicchi said:
"It's Bakugou the Rude Bully (there's not much more to him than that at all, to my eyes)"

There, my friend, is the prove you're just a blind hater. And you certainly not the only blind hater Bakugou has. Thankfully, people like you is just a minority, seeing that apparently Bakugou is well liked by majority of the fans. He is in the top of the polls for a reason!

"Blind hater" is such a dumb thing to say. hahah
Feel free to disagree with me, it's alright.

Is there any better term? XD

Because I refer to myself as Sakura's blind hater because no matter what she did it'll still pisses me off lol
Not to compare Bakugo to Sakura tho lol, just saying I thought blind hater is a legit term lol

Well yeah, I never intended to force anything on anyone in the first place, I was just saying! ;D
Dec 12, 2017 9:33 AM
Jun 2017
ak47 said:
Shicchi said:

You've gotta admit, Deku keeps continuing to see Bakugou at such spotlight that he barely confronts him about his cruel and rude attitude towards him unless in a dangerous or the typical "shounen" rivalry moment. I know they're childhood friends, but Jesus Christ, I wouldn't accept what Bakugou did or said back then no matter how much I loved him. However, if you have read the manga and up to date with it then you would know that
. Deku may grown a lot in terms of power, which is obvious since he has One for All, but Bakugou definitely grown more in overall character development. He's, without a doubt, not a likeable character so I'm not forcing you to like him, but he's respectable in a sense that's he didn't go easy on girls like Uraraka unlike Tokoyami and truly wanted Todoroki to actually fight at his best in order to sincerely claim first place. Then, even though it was really rocky at first, he was able to make some time for Deku to reach the exit by distracting All Might while breaking bones at their Final Exam testing. There's more, but I know a lot of people are anime watching, so I can't continue further in detail.
Dec 12, 2017 11:46 PM

Jan 2010
JenLN said:
ak47 said:

You've gotta admit, Deku keeps continuing to see Bakugou at such spotlight that he barely confronts him about his cruel and rude attitude towards him unless in a dangerous or the typical "shounen" rivalry moment. I know they're childhood friends, but Jesus Christ, I wouldn't accept what Bakugou did or said back then no matter how much I loved him. However, if you have read the manga and up to date with it then you would know that. Deku may grown a lot in terms of power, which is obvious since he has One for All, but Bakugou definitely grown more in overall character development. He's, without a doubt, not a likeable character so I'm not forcing you to like him, but he's respectable in a sense that's he didn't go easy on girls like Uraraka unlike Tokoyami and truly wanted Todoroki to actually fight at his best in order to sincerely claim first place. Then, even though it was really rocky at first, he was able to make some time for Deku to reach the exit by distracting All Might while breaking bones at their Final Exam testing. There's more, but I know a lot of people are anime watching, so I can't continue further in detail.

You know that's the first thing that make me really really really like and respect Bakugo as a character. LITERALLY EVERYONE talked how you have to go easy on Uraraka because she's a girl and it pisses me off. Uraraka is your classmate aiming for hero too, duh! I really respect Bakugo greatly for that.

Also yeah, I've rewatched that episode countless time already. I'm actually quite a prideful person, and to let yourself be helped by people and let go of your pride is not something easy. Let alone character like Bakugou. For him to even let Deku uses his gauntlet, I was really proud of him ; w ; (he even shed tears because how much he hated it). In the end, he able to put aside his pride and tried his damndest to pass the exam. Both Bakugo and Deku really reckless like that. (as in doing their damndest to reach their dream, not minding their own body)

Bakugo also doesn't underestimate All Might in a sense that, he never thought that they can make a clean run from All Might (unlike Deku who insist for them to run from the get go, Bakugo already realized that that's impossible in the first place) so he decided he'll try his chance beating All Might instead of running away because he knows either way they're doomed.

Of course what he did during middle school especially what he said to Deku is unforgivable. Deku's right. He's lucky Deku is not suicidal nor depressed. If Deku commit suicide, it'll be the end of Bakugo's hero dream too. I don't think Bakugo is that stupid. So I have this thought that Bakugo said that already damn sure that Deku will never do it. They might not in the best of terms, but they really do understand each other in a way nobody else can. Not that this thing make it any better though. It's still an unforgivable thing of him to say.

I think what make people like Bakugo is, he's so extreme in both good and bad you know? He's a complex character compared to others, and his flaws, his mistakes, only make him more human and interesting compared to other characters, at least in my eyes.

Gosh I can't wait to see his character development!!!!! I have to be patient and not give in to the urge to just read the manga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CrimsonMidnightDec 12, 2017 11:50 PM
Dec 17, 2017 12:17 AM
Dec 2015
Honestly, Bakugo's haters doesn't affect my boy's popularity and it's their mindless misunderstanding I don't have any energy to discuss anymore since they probably won't even try to see him other than what they already hate. So yeah, I'll just ignore the people who hates him. I expected as much seeing with him winning the polls twice, even in the future.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2017

234 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 6:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2017

205 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 11, 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.