Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 13, 2017 12:09 PM

Oct 2014
And the anime Grail war is really starting with all characters having been summoned :D
May 13, 2017 12:11 PM

Mar 2012
StarSlay said:
I mean so many cool stuff happened in this episode..I wonder why so many little spoken about this anime..

anyhow, really enjoyed the episode. I hope it will stay the same till the end.

It is largely overshadowed by the amount of High tier sequels. right now AOT s2 is at its peak, bahamut is also a big talker and MY hero Academia is the next generation shounen. so it is in a bad spot right now.

However i will say this. this series is definitely my fav of the season and my fav new show. it is just in a bad spot of being overshadowed.

Hoho people wanted progress well they got it. we have all the characters come into play. the new girl is a monster and a lot of action that people wanted out of this show has been delivered.

Hopefully it will get a more good reception now.
May 13, 2017 12:39 PM

Jul 2014
Finally! the fights kicked in, and that OST!
Our main characters are getting their asses kicked tho, fcking Gundam boy is too busy flirting with school girls.
Was I the only one that found it funny when Meteora was calling for permission? also where is badass purple sword guy!
5/5! Me want more of this!
May 13, 2017 12:49 PM
Sep 2016
May anyone know the name of the music what was played during the fight ? :D
May 13, 2017 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
A new character appears and boy, do I like her.
She is just insane and crazy which I like.
I still hate that piece of shit mahou shoujo...I understand her logic, but still, she is annoying.
May 13, 2017 1:12 PM

Dec 2016
Good episode, but I had 2 problems and a question regarding the first problem:
Our Male MC kept quiet about *Ominous music ZOOMED in* scene - What the fuck is his character good for? He's just like a "shounen drama" MC who can't reveal any important information for the plot before it's too late. Shitty character drags the show down.
This episode had awful sound quality in battle, however that might be affected by my video source.
And about our Male MC, is he supposed to be "the MC" or not? I've never seen a show that doesn't have at least a character who is a tiny bit more important than the others, and even though he's the best target for MC vibes, he gets 0 screentime and has 0 interaction.
May 13, 2017 1:13 PM
Jul 2014
Anathor said:
Wish they would have explained more about the World Etude video. Instead they were the same scenes as last week... Shouta kept silent about it, he obviously feels his actions in the past would be judged by the others as being the origin of this whole mess.

Mamika jumped ships, but I wonder if Alicetelia might follow her; she doesn't like Makagami, so I don't know if she'll be able to cooperate with GnH and co.
The last character sure is the psycho that was previewed from the op; the first confirmed civilian victim was claimed by her.
Now I want to see more of the old man. Gravity bombs in a pistol?!
[quote=KatanaBR message=50714176]

Personally, this episode was a bit of a disappointment for me. It felt rough and disjointed, particularly because Souta chose to hide his information on Altair. It was still a good episode, but it felt like the fight was just there for the sake of fighting rather than being integral to the plot as a whole.

KatanaBR said:
KatanaBR said:

I think it too, I call Alice "Saber" (both are knights and lawful good). That yangire girl (chaotic evil) remembers me "Genocider Syo" from Danganronpa, but I think she's inspired in other show too. The Mahou Shoujo (neutral good) is a generic mahou shoujo, can be any magical girl, I call her "Madoka". Celestia (lawful neutral) remembers me Emilia from Hataraku Maou-sama, but it's a completely different show. Rui (chaotic good) is from a random mecha anime, can be a Gundam character.

Character alignment:

I largely agree with this alignment chart, but the alignments for Mamika and Aliceteria seem somewhat off in a way that I can't properly express.

Tony_SansNom said:
KanameFujiwara said:
The new girl seems like the devil...

You have a strange idea of the devil ahah.

Sharkteeth is pure chaotic evil; she's the Heath Ledger's Joker of this world, and only does anything if she considers it "fun." Anything she does, including killing, is because she takes personal pleasure out of it. Her powers are mild form of reality warping in that they appear to rely upon magical gaslighting in order to work--essentially getting the accuser to lie or deny their own logic, and then using it as part of a hex to kill them.

She's definitely one to watch, if only because she's vastly more dangerous than any of the other characters, who can at least be reasoned with to varying degrees.

May 13, 2017 1:21 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
What is the next one? a Dragon xD

The Magical girl changes of team, and now he is with the "goods", but just this fight!!!
This nwe character, was interesting, because her power is the "grudge", right?
May 13, 2017 1:22 PM

Aug 2015
Glad that mahou shoujo protected Meteora but damn I think she's one of the powerful Creations in the series, I don't think old man won't stand a chance on her.

I don't know what they're planning to do with Souta, he only have 5 minutes of screentime this episode and half of it was from previous episode.
May 13, 2017 1:27 PM

Jan 2016
Wow I really like the fights and its good to see Mamika went to the good side
May 13, 2017 1:31 PM
Jan 2015
I really think its retarded that the show went for the over used "I have valuable info but I'm to ashamed to talk about it" cliche.

Otherwise nice episode.
May 13, 2017 1:38 PM

Sep 2015
Yay the Magical Girl might change sides? But dam that schoolgirl is pissing me off
May 13, 2017 1:40 PM
Jul 2014
Nevalwald said:
I really think its retarded that the show went for the over used "I have valuable info but I'm to ashamed to talk about it" cliche.

Otherwise nice episode.

Exactly this. There was no reason for them to do that, and it would have been better if they hadn't.
May 13, 2017 1:41 PM

Jun 2016
Yay one of my favourite characters of the show joined the good side! I hate that new creation though.
May 13, 2017 1:41 PM
Jul 2014
Hinata said:
Yay the Magical Girl might change sides? But dam that schoolgirl is pissing me off

She's the forbidden love-child of Sean Spicer and Heath Ledger's Joker.
May 13, 2017 1:49 PM
Jan 2017
Alice went straight into laser cannon mode. I think she also has a final form if I saw the image with the concept arts correctly. I guess they'll start one-upping each other in terms of power levels from now on.
May 13, 2017 1:54 PM

Mar 2012
I thought the new comer will be the same as the previous purple haired man. Evil looking but is actually on good side, too bad she isn't. Her powers also looks more complicated than others. I was actually starting to get annoyed with the magical girls, but what she did at the end made my re-asses her.

The main heroines are pretty much useless though. One accidentally left her what looks to be a mecha in her world. While the other can only make barriers and teleport things.
May 13, 2017 1:55 PM
Jun 2012
firemagnet said:
Nevalwald said:

Otherwise nice episode.

Exactly this. There was no reason for them to do that, and it would have been better if they hadn't.

I would have agreed with you guys if Red didn't come in when he just found the damn things out. The guy wasn't even over the shock or whatever trauma he had.

Wait a few episode before calling it bad. Heck We actually didn't even know what he decided apart from not immediately telling her.
noireoMay 13, 2017 1:59 PM
May 13, 2017 1:58 PM
Mar 2016
OMG, the final girl appears and she is Evil........,
May 13, 2017 2:03 PM
Jul 2014
noireo said:
firemagnet said:

I would have agree with you guys if Red didn't come in when he just found the damn things out. The guy wasn't even over the shock or whatever trauma he had.

Wait a few episode before calling it bad. Heck We actually did't even know what he decided apart from not immediately telling her.

Well, my primary issue is that while it's in keeping with his character, you have a massive cliffhanger that could have been used as a formative event to drive the plot forward, but instead just fizzles like a dud model rocket engine. There's the requisite hiss of the electrical fuse when you press down the launch button, but instead of the launch, your rocket just sits there.

It disturbed the pacing of the show, in my opinion.
May 13, 2017 2:12 PM

Jun 2010
Man, Not-Saber IS DEFINITELY a Saber expy. Not that it was a hard identification to make early on, but that, "Defeating those who would do evil is just." Line basically writes that letter, stamps it, seals it, ships off to be be a approved and clears it with 100% accuracy. She has just as much self-awareness and consideration when it comes to the fact that humans were the ones who created morals in the first place, as Saber her self does.
May 13, 2017 2:31 PM
Jul 2014
neonie said:
Man, Not-Saber IS DEFINITELY a Saber expy. Not that it was a hard identification to make early on, but that, "Defeating those who would do evil is just." Line basically writes that letter, stamps it, seals it, ships off to be be a approved and clears it with 100% accuracy. She has just as much self-awareness and consideration when it comes to the fact that humans were the ones who created morals in the first place, as Saber her self does.

Except that her idea of humans being gods is remarkably naive and incredibly dense.
May 13, 2017 2:44 PM

Jan 2008
Would have been nice to see an actual anime of the new girl. Seems like she would be such a fun going character with the way she interacts with others.

Looks like we got the entire cast from the OP, hopefully there's less exposition now and more clashing.
May 13, 2017 2:47 PM

Feb 2016
pekuses said:
So the Lance Creation is based on Saber from fate? Magical girl, well... And Evil girl has many aspects from Bakemonogatari! Cool, too bad Attack On Titans and Hero Academia came in the same season as well as this anime and outshine it :( Still my top 3 favorite of this season.

New girl reminds me of Ougi, but with a darker tone
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 13, 2017 2:51 PM

Oct 2014
>
thebrentinator24 said:
Finally all the babies crying about too much talking and no action can shut up.

>
thebrentinator24 said:
Although this episode didn't really have any action until the last few minutes.......either way though, it was pretty good and entertaining, so I can't complain..

There was still a plenty of really boring talking, especially in the beginning of second half. And the problem hidden not in the amount of talking in the series, but in the amount of boring talking, which is reaaaaly big.

Glad they made a proper appearence scenes for Occultic girl, it was a shame not to do this for Detective guy. Nonetheless, the previous ep's cliffhanger wasn't developed at all. Thanks TROYCA, it was the worst part in the Aldnoah S2 and then you're doing it again.
May 13, 2017 2:51 PM

Feb 2016
Loving the new Creation, Hope to see great things on her from now on

thebrentinator24 said:

^This, someone finally said it, they complain about not fight scenes, but they would be the first ones to complain when something important isn't explained
~Blackwall
May 13, 2017 2:55 PM

Feb 2016
PizzaWarrior said:
>
thebrentinator24 said:

>
thebrentinator24 said:
Although this episode didn't really have any action until the last few minutes.......either way though, it was pretty good and entertaining, so I can't complain..

There was still a plenty of really boring talking, especially in the beginning of second half. And the problem hidden not in the amount of talking in the series, but in the amount of boring talking, which is reaaaaly big.

that "boring" talking would be the first thing you would complain of if there wasn't enough development/explanation
~Blackwall
May 13, 2017 2:57 PM

Jan 2017
Another great episode. And another example of how well this show balances action scenes with exposition and character development (which some people here too quickly dismiss as "too much talking").
May 13, 2017 2:58 PM

Oct 2014
Jack_Corvus96 said:
PizzaWarrior said:
>

>

that "boring" talking would be the first thing you would complain of if there wasn't enough development/explanation

Em... no, am I really should? Did we meeting not for the first time?
May 13, 2017 2:58 PM

Apr 2008
Great Episode. Action and music was on point. I do like Magane as character. I wonder how she will tip the balances in this show.

May 13, 2017 3:01 PM

Apr 2013
Seriously, we're going down the "main character noticed something that could save many lives, but he's not going to tell anyone because reasons" route ?

I seriously hope he's not going to stay silent for long, that's so stupid.

I like that new character's appearance (probably my fav with the mecha pilot and Meteora), but her reactions are too overdone to like the character itself so far.
In fact so far none of the character that were summoned are really likeable for me. They're all quite bland in their own way.

May 13, 2017 3:03 PM
Aug 2015
Now that the important main characters are all introduced. I can expect the future episodes to be even better than the first 6.

Maybe we some surprise appearances later on in the series from importantly mentioned side characters(?). For example, Charon, who is supposedly the male protagonist of Selestia's story.
May 13, 2017 3:26 PM

Apr 2012
damn this episode was great, that battle was intense!

When the new girl was lampshading what was happening and wondering what's next, I was half expecting Rui Kanoya to suddenly appear with his giant mecha.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 13, 2017 3:30 PM

Jul 2014
The action and the animations of the occultist girl are nice (I really like her design, would've watched, had she been in a real anime). I like how scary of a power a magical girl is, she stands for her ideals and acts on her "character description" - and that's what the "creations" should do, instead of being amazed with a phone, while they came from a world with giant fighting mechas, or being reluctant to use their weapons in a life or death battle.

On the other hand, this episode sure upped the amount of fanservice with those ass-shots. Also it's interesting how only female waifu-material characters are in the spot.

But what remains the same is how they act and most importantly speak stupidly. I mean, they get to any easy thought in a terrible roundabout way with Meteora being aggressively boring. Like that phrase of hers "A villain character. She must be that type of a character" - gurl, writers, that's "She must be a villain", even if it must be told, because that's bloody obvious to the viewers from what we've just seen and for the characters because of all the blood on the walls.
The occultist is also fun but way too wordy in the end. The warrior princess, coming from a dangerous world, should know better than listen to the wordy traps of magicians or than believeing that powerless people are omnipotent.
And why the MC doesn't want to share the info he "remembered"? Also why and how does he not remember stuff he worked on (as far as I understand)?

The writing is a mess, but a lot can be forgiven when fighting scenes start, too bad that it's too rare, and I am not sure for how long that'll work for me with poor context. I doubt I can complete the show, but I'll stick for one more episode.
deadoptimistMay 13, 2017 3:36 PM
May 13, 2017 3:32 PM
Jul 2014
Jack_Corvus96 said:
Loving the new Creation, Hope to see great things on her from now on

thebrentinator24 said:

^This, someone finally said it, they complain about not fight scenes, but they would be the first ones to complain when something important isn't explained

It's called hypocrisy. They're here to complain because it gets them attention and a captive audience.
May 13, 2017 3:35 PM

Jun 2010
firemagnet said:

Except that her idea of humans being gods is remarkably naive and incredibly dense.

If put in the exact same situation, in the same scenario, I think Aliceteria and Saber's actions and ideals would be pretty much identical. Saber is also incredibly naive and dense, and they both exhibit and a stammering lack when it comes to the ability to talk things out and reason with their opponents. Thinking that their personal ideals and definition of justice are absolute and infallible.
May 13, 2017 3:40 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Man, that schoolgirl chick is mean, killing that library clerk for no good reason. Good episode overall imo, action was entertaining and I wish Souto had the guts to at least tell everyone about the Military Princess girl.
May 13, 2017 3:42 PM
Jul 2015
Finally a very solid episode.
Not just because there was something else than talking, but because the dialogue, ESPECIALLY for the new girl, was delivered very well. For once the dialogue didn't bore me to death.
I really like the new girl. The way she talked really reminded me of the way the Monogatari Series characters talk, which happens to be one of my favourite anime, so I really like that.
But yeah, good animation, great OST, well delivered dialogue and good action.
Also, the plot finally seemed to have progressed more than just a centimeter, though I wish Souta had immediately said why he knew Military Uniform Girl.
JakkoFourEyesMay 13, 2017 3:54 PM
May 13, 2017 3:44 PM

Jun 2013
awesome insert song
May 13, 2017 4:10 PM

Jan 2017
Man this anime is getting interesting. It's the first currently airing anime that I have ever watched, and I have to say it keeps me entertained the entire time and keeps me looking forward to next week's episode. I think this might become one of my favorite anime when it is finished.

Meteora is currently my favorite character. Perhaps I like her because I see a lot of myself in her. Who knows.
I've seen a bit of hate on her though, why is that?
Meteora is Waifu
James (Kojiro) is Husbando
Nageki Fujishiro is Bird Husbando
Osamu Dazai is suicide partner

Also, I'm obsessed with Hatoful Boyfriend.
May 13, 2017 4:12 PM

Dec 2016
Wow an evil schoolgirl, she absolutely wasted the book store owner.

She is also pretty smart, she trash talked Alice and then quietly stepped away and watched everyone else fight.

Meteora will need to thank Mamika later for the save.
May 13, 2017 4:18 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
YESS Meteora got rekt!!

Also Magane is certainly the most interesting character atm, i wonder what her world is like. Killing a person will not make me sympathize for her surely.

Blitz Talker is a badass.

Mecha guy likes to flirt with other girls apparently.

What i enjoy the most about this series so far is the music (Sawano obviously) and the dynamic between Alice and Mamika. Mamika herself, too, i'm just really wondering how they will deal with her character throughout this.
May 13, 2017 4:28 PM

Sep 2016
I loved this episode, but I think the writers missed the chance for a good gag by not having the Grimdarkmonogatari expy flee the scene while Infodump-chan was busy showering Totally-Not-Saber with information.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

May 13, 2017 4:41 PM

Dec 2014
"For justice" should normally imply that things have to happen for the general public's sake versus the self-centered focus of "for fun", but Alice is pretty close-minded so I'm not sure her saying that really means anything.

Anyway, I was shocked that there's finally action, and it's nice to look at. Not-Madoka had some pretty cool moments.

5/5
I need sleep.
May 13, 2017 4:47 PM

Sep 2013
I largely agree with this alignment chart, but the alignments for Mamika and Aliceteria seem somewhat off in a way that I can't properly express.[/quote]Yeah, in a way. Aliceteria though fits the Lawful Stupid stereotype regardless as a result of the conditions she described in her world (so, taken to an extreme). The only NG character in my dnd game acts more like LN sliding towards LE so I honestly don't know what neutral good looks like.
May 13, 2017 5:28 PM
Jan 2017
This episode turned this series into a season favorite
May 13, 2017 5:39 PM
Jul 2014
AntwanMantilla said:
Man, that schoolgirl chick is mean, killing that library clerk for no good reason. Good episode overall imo, action was entertaining and I wish Souto had the guts to at least tell everyone about the Military Princess girl.

She kills because she enjoys doing it like most people enjoy sex. Murder and seeing others suffer is her raison d'etre, so in a way she's like Dexter, if Dexter was never mentored and had the ability to summon demons formed from the lies of his accusers. Everything she does is designed to twist people's logic in a way that justifies her actions and allows her to (ideally) kill them and get away with it.
firemagnetMay 13, 2017 5:43 PM
May 13, 2017 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
Though the series is definitely becoming better in the short-term. The characterization of the creations is lacking. Celestia was originally introduced as a social stratification of a princess and warrior parody, (which I believe was intended) was completely dismantled. Instead of having this Saber-esque character we have a 2 dimensional 'add-on' who's role at this point in time is to fight other creations and act amazed at a 5S when she comes from a world where they utilise mechas and magic.

The new character became forcefully irrelevant as she moved to watching the fight from the sideline. The tension she posed against Alice was ruined.

IMO it would've been much better to introduce an extremely powerful character who's ideology contradicts Alice's instead of using Celestia since she herself comes from a world which is a hell-hole. At least then I'd be hyped to see them all band together against a common foe and get beaten, allowing for shifts in alliances and better characterization. The psycho could still introduced and a better introduction would've been done at the end of episode 5, at least we'd get more characterization.

Heck, why not give the OP villain a fleshed-out back story and an intuitive end-goal in an emotional character arc spanning from Episode 7 to 12 about a deceased loved on, concluding with her death (it's sadder when girls die) as a motivation point for the protagonists to confront Gunpuku. At least then this story will have actual depth. You could also add scenes where this OP girl becomes immersed in the culture of Japan to make her more human. Add some colour grading for a melancholy theme where she's depressed about her life. I highly doubt they'd do this due to director's mental limitations.

neonie said:
firemagnet said:

If put in the exact same situation, in the same scenario, I think Aliceteria and Saber's actions and ideals would be pretty much identical. Saber is also incredibly naive and dense, and they both exhibit and a stammering lack when it comes to the ability to talk things out and reason with their opponents. Thinking that their personal ideals and definition of justice are absolute and infallible.

Saber isn't naive nor dense. The only character who truly feels like her is Celestia. To understand Saber fundamentally and her role in F/Z you'd have to imagine her as Kiritsugu's counterpart and in a sense a mental introspection of Kiritsugu. Furthermore Saber follows the ideals of a king being a servant to both fate and country; unlike Alice who is just some dumbass who can't accept the fact that she lives in the normal.

I wouldn't really agree about their personal ideals or their sense of justice. Though I can understand what made you come to the conclusion, they're both wanting to rewrite history though it's not exactly right.

Saber is a character, who if you've read the VNs frankly doesn't care about anything other than her desire to retrieve her former kingdom's glory. Furthermore her character becomes over-encumbered by hubris which she comes to later regret especially when she's summoned by Shirou. Saber has a chivalry code.

Alice on the other hand is some mentally-limited meathead who tries painfully to act like a 'knight' yet gives into her aggressive tendencies to a girl in a sailor-dress.
removed-userMay 13, 2017 7:38 PM
May 13, 2017 5:59 PM

Jun 2015
Genocider Sho is finally here! Such an intense episode, this show is really getting better each episode
May 13, 2017 6:05 PM

Jan 2011
was hoping the new girl was gonna be bait like maybe she just looks real evi- ah yep shes evil

so many different ideologies clashing together ,i wanna bet Alice with her sense of "justice " got a lot of people killed in her world
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.