Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 3, 2017 12:10 PM

Jun 2009
when you squeeze 62ch into 2 hour movie.
it was good on its own, but I notice the personality of Shouya kinda become weaker...
Aruciel said:

...What I disliked about it though, was the audience. During some scenes where Shouko was getting bullied, there were many people in the audience that burst out laughing. Made me question if it was just me or if people are just assholes. Waiting for it to come out and watching it alone may make for a more enjoyable experience.

wow, rly??

it angered me when read it (in fact I skipped some bullying scene), and angered me more when watching it.
May 3, 2017 10:26 PM

Sep 2013
hands down, one of the best anime movie I have ever watched. Although the movie skip a few scene, I can accept that since they didn't skip most of important scene.

Aruciel said:

...What I disliked about it though, was the audience. During some scenes where Shouko was getting bullied, there were many people in the audience that burst out laughing. Made me question if it was just me or if people are just assholes. Waiting for it to come out and watching it alone may make for a more enjoyable experience.

My thought are same as you, I was like wtf are these people. It really pissed me off.
May 4, 2017 4:17 PM
May 2017
Just watched it at theater yesterday the movie was awesome,eventho i didnt read the manga i think this movie really delivers the feel for the non manga readers, a lack of side characters development is a fine tho cause its movie
overall its 5/5 i hope the japanese make more movie like this or even better
the ending song was beautiful
May 6, 2017 6:35 AM

Sep 2013
watch it yesterday and hate to say this but it doesn't as good as other people say (maybe because the atmosphere at the theater where i watch it or different in "feels" taste).
my friend who watch it before me who watch it at the release day here on the 3rd May GMT+7 so i asked his opinion about it and said that it's "amazing" in story, art, and feels department.

when i hear that i thought that it's going to be like Clannad After Story or at least Little Busters Refrain in the feels department but when i watch it yesterday it's just good but nothing like what he said (maybe different in taste). and i don't even drop a single tears when watch this movie (and maybe like i said before it's because the atmosphere/ different in taste like people cry when they watch Anohana but i don't).

the story was good but at the first half especially the story at their grade school is a little bit confusing/random, jump future-past-future and so on. well maybe because like some people here said that the movie has a "limited" budget. in the art department in my opinion the character design was good but there's a better one from KyoAni and the background if i remember it correctly doesn't even better than "Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash". also there's no moment that can be categorized as "right in the kokoro" at least for me

hope there's no some "suddenly became a fanboys/fangirls of the series" people getting offended from what i said here after watch the movie yesterday (5/5/17).
and maybe for some reference what "feels" in my opinion was like:
- father and son dialogue at Clannad when Tomoya said to his father that it's enough and Tomoya asked his father to go home to his grandma's home (Tomoya meet his grandma when go on a trip with his daughter if i remember correctly and there's a little flashback about his father at Tomoya's younger days)
- Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (almost dropping tears but getting trolled) at the last moment when MC need to say goodbye to the main heroine but the viewer then getting trolled
- and some other
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
May 6, 2017 6:23 PM

Nov 2014
Just finished it and all i can say is that its so close to being a masterpiece, enjoyed it a lot and the theater atmosphere was amazing as well (75% of occuped seats, very rare here in my country Panama) 10/10 too much feels
Siul-08May 7, 2017 1:35 PM
May 7, 2017 9:12 AM

Jul 2016
Amazing movie. It's one movie I can't relax myself watching at all. Things keep happening all throughout the whole movie. Well, that's what you get for squeezing 7 volumes worth of content into 2 hours.

I have to hand out a lot of credit for KyoAni. Despite all the time limitation, they did it excellently.
May 7, 2017 5:58 PM
Jan 2017
Yamada Naoko's direction is as always ahhhh!! perfect for this kind of story (you can so tell it's her by the feet scenes haha). The water and everything is beautifuly animated (I know it's a wierd thing to talk about but I need to see KyoAni animating water for the rest of my life). THAT scene (*coff* the balcony *coff*) was perfect, the music was pretty good as well, specially the theme song (Koi wo shita no wa) and LIT (ahhh sooo good). There were some changes and things that were omitted, some did bother and almost anger me since the character development of some characters is severly cut, also some scenes could've used a bit more time and intensity that they rather used in other scenes. The latter part of the movie turned into much more of a cry-fest than I think it should have but oh well. I do think they did the best they could to adapt 64 chapters into 2hr and 10mins, this definetly needs atleast a 12ep series, but n the end if you want the whole unaltered story just read Yoshitoki Ooima's manga.

#YuzuruIsBestGirl

Overall it's an 8.5 for me, the things that were taken out really hurt the movie for me and took it down from the masterpirece that was advertised to me...
Ren22May 7, 2017 6:01 PM
May 8, 2017 5:50 AM

Jan 2014
watched it this afternoon, at first im worried maybe this awesome movie wont be showing in Indonesia.
anyway this movie is awesome, the emotion, the warmth, the animation, the art, the music it all awesome. especially Saori Hayami the VA of Shouko. as expected from my favorite seiyuu.
the movie really get me, it makes me want to cry a couple times but fortunately im not crying cause i will be embarassed to cry in a cinema with a lot of people watching.
im so glad to have watch it, thank you the author of Koe no Katachi and thank you for KyoAni who adapt this into an amazing movie.
VonatraMay 8, 2017 5:54 AM
May 8, 2017 7:33 AM
Apr 2017
Finally watched this movie,,😆 from the start until the end,,I cried a lot today,,the best movie, thanks to KyoAni after all,,
And my favorit is nishimiya yuzuru😆,, I like this type imouto😂 ,, 10/10 yeayyy
HarunopandaMay 8, 2017 11:17 AM
May 9, 2017 5:50 AM
Sep 2016
Kyoto Animation really did their job

Comparing it to the manga really shouldn't be done but as a firsthand manga reader it really missed the development of side characters and missed a few key moments i thought was really important.

Still the ending was executed well, plus the O.S.T is really great.
9/10 The feels hit me at the end
May 9, 2017 12:14 PM

Sep 2013
Just back from cinema today
It was an amazing movie, I really love it 10/10
A lot of people comparing this to Kimi no Na Wa, both are amazing movie, but I dunno, I like this more
Actually, I want to watch it again now
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
May 10, 2017 4:31 AM
Dec 2012
Just watched this, loved it. Good thing I avoided the manga :D It's my 2nd time watching anime in a theatre though there were only like 20 of us :D but damn this movie was great!
Not perfect but definitely one of the better anime movies I've watched. The ending was a bit underwhelming for me but that scene was beautiful.

May 10, 2017 5:20 AM

Oct 2015
Yeah they cut a lot of parts especially the making a movie parts and some of Shouya's monologues which somehow made Nagatsuka and Mashiba's role useless TBH 7/10
May 10, 2017 10:58 AM

Jan 2016
I actually watched this at the cinema with my mom today(it was weird watching anime with my mom :/). After finishing the movie, she was confused with what was happening haha. I don't blame her though. There were a lot of skipped parts from the manga that it made the movie a little hard to understand of what was going on.

Don't get me wrong, I understand how difficult it is to make 60+ chapters fit into a 2 hour movie.
But I kind of feel bad because there might be others like my mom who won't fully understand of what was going on, or won't experience all the emotions I've felt while reading the manga, because the movie wasn't able to tell the whole picture,
like who the side characters are and the interactions between them and Shoya that the movie missed,
or the thoughts of the characters that we weren't able to hear,
... just because they had limited time to tell the whole story T^T

That aside, I still enjoyed the movie, and I'm glad a lot of people did too :D The voice acting and osts were perfect, and the animation was really amazing <3 Shoya is such a cinnamon roll. I really loved him and his character development. And I loved his voice actor fufufu~ 8/10 for me :))
ZachirinaMay 10, 2017 11:29 AM
May 10, 2017 8:04 PM

Apr 2013
tbh I was 50% extremely excited about this movie but also 50% cautious because they had to fit a lot of content in 2 hours. In the end though, all of those worries were forgotten as I was fully immersed in the film and even cried a few times. This is the first time I really wanted to applaud in a theater (I did along with the rest of the audience). A lot of things were cut from the manga, but they were able to make it surprisingly coherent, and the movie I think is able to stand on its own as an amazing movie.

The performances were great, and the soundtrack wasn't that amazing but then again, this is a movie about a deaf person.

Two things bothered my viewing though:

1. I don't like how they went with the translation "A Silent Voice", especially when in the movie itself the first and last scene showed literal text saying "The Shape of Voice" which imo is more meaningful.

2. In the most dramatic scene
, someone behind me literally chuckled/laughed, which broke a bit of my moment, but it was negligible

Amazing movie, all in all.

Vonatra said:
watched it this afternoon, at first im worried maybe this awesome movie wont be showing in Indonesia.
anyway this movie is awesome, the emotion, the warmth, the animation, the art, the music it all awesome. especially Saori Hayami the VA of Shouko. as expected from my favorite seiyuu.
the movie really get me, it makes me want to cry a couple times but fortunately im not crying cause i will be embarassed to cry in a cinema with a lot of people watching.
im so glad to have watch it, thank you the author of Koe no Katachi and thank you for KyoAni who adapt this into an amazing movie.

Seems like anime movies have good traction in Indonesia now, not just the "mainstream" ones. Every time I go to the cinema here in Surabaya (at least CGV) there's an anime movie screening.
May 12, 2017 8:32 AM

May 2013
I didn't cry..but I have a flu instead orz

this anime..so many drama QwQ ohhh I feel like I wanna rewatch it again ;w;
too good orz especially when Ishida's hospitalized..
made by bunnyama
May 14, 2017 3:00 AM

Apr 2015
I've watched this from the cinema and it was great.
10/10
May 15, 2017 7:35 AM

Dec 2012
I'm disappointed with that ending :(
Still 9/10 for me

May 15, 2017 7:43 AM

Oct 2015
Haruka said:
tbh I was 50% extremely excited about this movie but also 50% cautious because they had to fit a lot of content in 2 hours. In the end though, all of those worries were forgotten as I was fully immersed in the film and even cried a few times. This is the first time I really wanted to applaud in a theater (I did along with the rest of the audience). A lot of things were cut from the manga, but they were able to make it surprisingly coherent, and the movie I think is able to stand on its own as an amazing movie.

The performances were great, and the soundtrack wasn't that amazing but then again, this is a movie about a deaf person.

1. I don't like how they went with the translation "A Silent Voice", especially when in the movie itself the first and last scene showed literal text saying "The Shape of Voice" which imo is more meaningful.

, someone behind me literally chuckled/laughed, which broke a bit of my moment, but it was negligible

They left out quite a lot of things which practically made Nagatsuka and Mashiba useless af. Ishida's monologues/inner thoughts were left out as well which kinda made his character incomplete. They also didn't explain well enough why Nishimiya is smiling all the time and such which made their characters half-baked compared to the manga in comparison. Could have been better tbh
May 15, 2017 8:46 AM

Apr 2013
EGOIST said:
Haruka said:

They left out quite a lot of things which practically made Nagatsuka and Mashiba useless af. Ishida's monologues/inner thoughts were left out as well which kinda made his character incomplete. They also didn't explain well enough why Nishimiya is smiling all the time and such which made their characters half-baked compared to the manga in comparison. Could have been better tbh

All of that may be true, but it doesn't take away from how difficult it is to adapt all that into a movie which for the most part was coherent and hit all the most necessary parts. Things such as side character development and the deeper explanations would have taken more time. It's arguable that they could have done it better, but the fact that they made it as great as it is is pretty amazing imo, as a manga reader I was pretty fulfilled by it, especially since it's been a while since I've read the manga, so I do have the pre-connection but not the short term memory to get more detailed expectations, if you get what I mean.
May 15, 2017 9:21 AM
Apr 2017
I'm surprised that they used The Who's My Generation as opening song.
May 16, 2017 1:47 AM
Mar 2013
Just saw it in theater, Aside from the soundtrack, It's very beautiful. I was honestly looking forward for a disappointing ending, but when i stopped looking in a romantic POV, i realized how good the ending was. 9/10
May 16, 2017 5:38 AM
Nov 2015
Finally coming out tomorrow on Blu-ray... Yeas!
May 16, 2017 8:13 PM
Jun 2015
amazing movie, amazing theme about dealing with the complexities of life
granted, i haven't read the source material so i don't know too much about the difference
still, 9/10

slightly off topic,
indonesian sub sure is a shit, it must be translated from english...
i mean, there's even some idiom translated literally
i sure am glad to understand english....
May 16, 2017 8:41 PM

Mar 2012
I give this a 9/10. I feel like the manga had a lot more depth with the characters but the movie on its own was great. My favourite scene was probably when Ishida called out Shouko's during the balcony scene. That was directed nicely. The music was 10/10, the animation was 11/10.

It's a calming movie. I find it a shame that this movie was left in the dust when it released in theatres and while Your Name was known worldwide. I'd easily rank this over it any day.
May 16, 2017 11:36 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, this work is such real and so deep. It's about living mixed with friendship, disability, bully, suicide (and probably love?). At first from the trailer, I thought young main guy bullied the hearing impaired (well, almost because she can hear a bit) girl out of boredom (and curiosity to her) and realized the circumstance so he wanted to amend her, but it was because of "ignorance" (is the word correct?) in childhood that bully happened.

tsubasaloverMay 17, 2017 11:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 16, 2017 11:52 PM
May 2017
Watched it, loved it. Amazing art/design, it's very pleasing in my eyes. Story is also very good; too much drama and some good important parts are cut from the manga, but still good. Music is good, but nothing special though. Overall, I really enjoyed watching this and even cried a little.

It has nice character development, but unfortunately, some characters do not get the same treatment and that has given a dent to the story. Well, I guess that is what you get from forcing 62 chapters of manga into one movie. Manga version makes more sense to me, but the movie still awesome. I can relate to the MC's feelings so much for some reason. :')
May 17, 2017 2:40 AM

Apr 2009
I only got to watch the movie once while being in Japan. I've also watched Kimi no Na at the same time. Both impressed me very much, however Koe no Katachi was more complex while Kimi no Na's story was simpler and easier to understand. Many have mentioned the problems, being a 2-hour movie adaption of a 7 volume manga. But it was a touching and very emotional movie nonetheless, especially thanks to the superb perfomance of the voice actors involved, particularly by Hayamin and Miyu-kun (Matsuoka-san who voiced younger Shouya however was wooden, but bearable).
I just watched the raw again now that it's out. It's even more touching now that I've read the manga. I haven't seen/read a anime/manga about such difficult topics like depression, bullying and suicide so well portrayed and delicately handled before. Too bad that it was kinda overshadowed by Kimi no Na.
May 17, 2017 7:58 AM
Nov 2010
Finally got to watch it. Sad that they cut out some stuff from the manga but regardless it was absolutely fantastic. Definitely one of my favorites.
MrJcMay 17, 2017 8:06 AM
May 17, 2017 2:40 PM

Sep 2012
Wow. gotta say, one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen my entire life. now, I've seen alot of anime movies, trust me. including the most recent one "Your name." (Kimi no Na wa), and I didn't like it as much as I did like this one. this movie had more of a depth to it, and it also felt real.. something you could have experienced yourself in real life.
the connection between me and this movie is at the top. 10/10 tbh, and I'm really not exaggerating, it was just THAT GOOD. definitely a favorite. beautiful production and beautiful animation. I also really liked the main characters. Especially Shouko ♥ .
May 17, 2017 2:48 PM

Apr 2014
Amazing

I didn't even try to contain my tears, went all in
May 17, 2017 4:32 PM

Jun 2012
Im getting my copy tomorrow, cant wait to finally watch it.
May 17, 2017 6:10 PM

Nov 2014
By viewing how they conclude the manga into one movie, I thought it was great. But somehow, I just can't feel satisfied enough. It has been more proper to make it into one cour tv anime, I think.
May 17, 2017 8:46 PM

Jan 2015
Saw the raws, about what I was expecting. Better than the manga for sure, but there's still some character storylines that aren't as good, along w/the side characters. Thankfully main 2 characters carry the film. Also the use of My Generation during the OP was 10/10, probably one of the best additions for Ishida's character. Ending was better than the manga, but nothing will compare to the beginning. Solid 9/10 over all though. Hayami Saori killed it as well.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 17, 2017 9:44 PM

Sep 2016
First part was kinda hard to watch where they bullied nishimiya (really cool that they targeted an issue such as bullying because that's probably the biggest issue for most of the students). Really great story & animation was top notch as well. I really hated ueno. Almost cried at the end lol.

I wish they could've shown us a bit more in the ending because the ending wasn't quite satifying but I'm not complaining.

This movie was simply beautiful <3
SenpieXMay 17, 2017 11:19 PM
May 17, 2017 10:12 PM
Dec 2012
I saw several posts with people stating that the movie's ending is better than the manga. Can anyone give a summary of why (without to many spoilers)? I'm about to start into the manga to try to get some better context for some of the scenes in the movie.

Also, man. Some of the scenes in the movie they were really sprinting through. I loved the movie but it bordered on confusing.
May 17, 2017 10:27 PM

May 2014
Gaichi said:
Whoa, after one day there is subbed version too :o

Too bad the versions that currently exist are mediocre in the translations field.
I was going through patching it up personally but ended up giving up cause it was a lot of mistakes.

I was also going over missing sign translations and having the English to the Broken text.
Random Example (no spoilers):
I'b doigg mah bezd! (Provided Subs)

I'm doing my best!
I'b doigg mah bezd!
(Edit)

Just found out there's a v2 edit.
Much better than the v1.
Much less errors which is good. However it's still missing sign translations.
SpikestuffMay 17, 2017 10:34 PM
May 17, 2017 11:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This movie was amazing.....I knew that bullying in Japan is a big problem, but if it's like how it was in this movie, then I can't help but feel bad for every kid affected by it and I hope that this film can raise awareness on just how disgusting bullying is everywhere....The suicide related stuff really fucked with me too >.<

My only gripe with this film is that I wish that the ending gave us a bit more....Like it would have been nice to get a time skip and see where everyone ended up in life, plus even though they kinda implied it, I wish that we got a definite confirmation that Ishida and Shouko got together

Other than that, I had no issues with this film and I loved how much emotions both positive and negative that this film brought out of me

9.5/10
May 17, 2017 11:16 PM

Jun 2014
It's okay. Lacking a good ending though.
May 17, 2017 11:26 PM
Jun 2014
Alot of the supporting cast didn't feel fully fleshed out. But then again I haven't read the manga rip.
May 17, 2017 11:36 PM

Jun 2015
I loved hearing "My Generation." His mom is the real MVP.
:)
May 17, 2017 11:48 PM

Apr 2015
ummm
can someone explain me the ending? it's hard for me to understand the meaning behind it
May 18, 2017 12:22 AM

Jul 2012
Man, this was so sad and heartbreaking.
May 18, 2017 1:04 AM

Aug 2016
It was worth every second of waiting for this amazing movie, I fall in love, in simple words... I'm completely in love with this movie, undoubtedly one of the best anime movies created in recent years. I applaud the beautiful work of Kyoto Animation, they make a perfectly adaptation of the manga in this movie, simply beautiful.

10000/5
May 18, 2017 3:34 AM
Mar 2017
Tasukuu said:
evyyy said:
ummm
can someone explain me the ending? it's hard for me to understand the meaning behind it
Are you talking about when he finally takes his hands off his ears and looks at people's faces, then cries?
Let's say he was closing, not looking faces / hearing the world around you can not enjoy life and you would feel empty. When he could see / hear EVERYTHING I suppose he enjoyed life a lot ... It's what I understood about the end. :)
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
May 18, 2017 5:15 AM

Dec 2014
Absolutely fantastic, Outstanding movie overall. The wait was worth it.

Great characters, stellar animation, the plot might have been simple but it held a lot of weight. The best of all was the drama execution which was not only great but also very meaningful within the context of the story and it's characters. Everything just worked to create an emotionally powerful experience, I don't remember how many times I teared up during this movie.

The movie showcased a multitude of themes that are very prevalent around the world, bullying, ostracizing, the breakdown of friendship, decay of relationships over time, deprecation of one's worth, selfishness and ultimately suicide. I think the movie really shines with how it not only tackles all of these issues but also showcases how all these negative and painful experiences can eventually change and grow into something positive and beautiful. In that sense, the movie while having a lot of depressive and really gloomy moments it is still optimistic. The final scene with all our characters coming together and making up with each other despite all the earlier shortcomings was beautiful. The final moments with Shouya opening up to the world around him was a very powerful uplifting moment. To me it resembles him finally hearing his voice to live to the fullest as he breaks free from his enclosed shell where he once refused to look at people's faces. It kinda represented him finding the courage to enjoy and live.

I second @Tokoya on the fact that I hope this movie can raise awareness about suicide and bullying.

I don't know if it was intended, perhaps I'm just looking too deep into things but I draw a very optimistic existential message from this movie about how no matter how painful your experiences maybe, even if you loathe yourself, you can and things can change. For that reason life is always worth living.

Special mention to Ishida's mom, she was a really awesome character. Nagatsuka also deserves special mention for his super swag speech about friendship. XD
Shoko and Shouya definitely deserve the most praise for they were great leads and had an amazing dynamic together. The moonlit scene was absolutely stunning, technically all the scenes were stunning so yeah that. Yuzuru also played an amazing role as a supporting character.

I haven't watched Kimi no na Wa yet but I don't think it's gonna have the same effect this movie had on me. Anyway, we shall see that in a few months. XD

I want a full anime adaptation of this and needless to say I'll be picking up the manga soon cause it's been in my Planning list for a long time now. :3
10/10
May 18, 2017 5:23 AM

Feb 2016
pretty good movie. the best part is a final conflict that drain my emotion about their friendship
May 18, 2017 5:31 AM

Apr 2015
Aside from some lack of character development for side characters and missing some scenes, this was done fantastically. I'm so glad they removed the movie making part, which felt very slow and boring in the manga. The animation, character movements and facial expressions are in itself worth the watch. But combining it with one of my favorite manga stories, gives a masterpiece that I had to wait for almost half a year. I want to re-watch this again when it comes out in 1080p.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2017 5:38 AM

Jan 2016
Yea as i thought the movie was better than the manga afterall and by that i mean that i enjoyed it being animated more than in the manga. The ending was so much better than the mangas. Ofcourse reading the manga first and then watching the movie enhances the experince by alot, character development and everything.

Damn now i want a full 24 episode anime of this. Magnificent movie, one that i will not forget for a long time. I honestly did miss a few panels from the manga like that red haired guy punching Ishida but fair enough, they also skipped the whole movie project thing which honestly was a good thing as the short fat guy didn't get annoying like he did in the manga.

Brilliant 9/10 because some side characters would have feelt empty if it wasn't for me who have already read the manga. Still amazing movie
May 18, 2017 5:39 AM
Jun 2016
So last night after a long day of college and work i downloaded the movie and watched it.

Just pointing that I have read the manga and love the shit out of it, prob my favorite so far.

I will first cover my impressions on the execution:

I felt so weird about how the story was presented, the progression from scene to scene felt disconnected for me, I felt like there was no "bridge" between one scene to another, it made the plot look rather random for me. I can't explain exactly I don't think pacing is the right word, but it felt like it was a montage of an anime series made by a fan, with a bunch a scenes thrown together, that you can't really grasp the plot when watching, it made me feel super distant from the history, I felt the exact same problem with scenes progression in the latest Ghost in The Shell live action. Usually good stories make you feel like you're living the story yourself.

A lot other things like when they presented that Shoya was going to kill him self, I felt nothing... while in the manga that made me pretty sad. Maybe that's why there was a better build up for that in the manga, tbh I thought the transition from the bully from Nishimiya to Shoya was just random, they didn't "explain" why, and the whole movie felt like that for me, a bunch of "hey guess why that happened" or maybe is because I've already know the plot prior to that?

Now for the plot:

I already knew they would cut a lot of things from that, but I felt that the exposure to nishimiya was so light that I made me feel little empathy for her and the bully she suffered, it was totally different for me in the manga.
Now one of the things that made me fall in love for the manga was the depth they've given to the side characters, one of my favourite parts was when the narrative switched from Shoya to the side character in question so you could see the contrast between what people thought they were like and what they were really like, their thoughts, insecurities, that was just pure art.

As a result I felt nearly no emotion through the whole movie, despising having cried through the whole manga, I don't know if I was to tired or biased because I've read the manga, the only scenes that did something for me were the ones in the very end.

So I was really tired when I watched it, I will watch it again and I will read some parts of the manga again, I hope it was just me who was tired and not the movie as disappointing as it felt for me :(

Please can someone tell me if you feel the same, or not at all, about the story progression and the execution of it? Also, do you know if that what I described has a name? It is not pacing, I think.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Did you cry? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stacias - Aug 1, 2022

258 by kaycooo »»
Apr 20, 3:52 AM

» Ueno and miki (Spoiler)

Gilbertaxel17 - Jan 14

17 by Marianolove_55 »»
Mar 16, 9:39 AM

» Sharing Whispers with Shoko - Moments that Made Us Fee

Sad-Life - Dec 31, 2023

11 by Aryan422 »»
Jan 2, 9:21 AM

» What are your opinions on Tomohiro?

Aldanaonair - Dec 29, 2023

7 by Squatch70 »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:52 PM

» This is about loneliness

Soroush_07 - Dec 8, 2023

22 by Rohan_King »»
Dec 15, 2023 8:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.