Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 5, 2017 4:59 AM
Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just saw the raw of this episode, and first thing's first, no recycled animations! At least from what I saw.

Episode continues directly from ep5. And it seems someone figured out Lord Grim's true identity. More tensions between that someone and Ye Xiu continue. Ye Xiu's team broke the Frozen Forest record, but then Excellent Dynasty took back the record. Then there's a bit of yo-yo in breaking the record.

The star of the show, Huang Shaotian appears. And boy, is he the really talkative/loudmouth type :P Ye Xiu then proceeds to show off some new skills at Bone Graveyard (another dungeon) as he and his team try to break the record there.

Will have to wait for the subs to better understand this episode as usual, but great episode as always :)

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
ShockedJun 18, 2017 9:43 PM
May 5, 2017 5:40 AM
Apr 2017
This episode is my favourite since ep2.

Very well done in storytelling, I'm so happy they managed to show us the process of LiuHao spying on team YeXiu without dragging the whole storyline. Huang Shaotian's debut is exactly what I imagine when reading the LN.

ps: Wang Jiexi, Qiao Yifan & Zhou Zekai in next episode OMGOMGOMG//fangirl scream
May 5, 2017 6:02 AM

Apr 2014
hahaha, the number one opportunist showed up, "The man who forced league to change the rules" is exactly the way I imagined him.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
May 5, 2017 8:43 AM
Apr 2017
louissnape said:
This episode is my favourite since ep2.

Very well done in storytelling, I'm so happy they managed to show us the process of LiuHao spying on team YeXiu without dragging the whole storyline. Huang Shaotian's debut is exactly what I imagine when reading the LN.

ps: Wang Jiexi, Qiao Yifan & Zhou Zekai in next episode OMGOMGOMG//fangirl scream

episode 7 trailer Σ( ° △ °|||)︴ ∑(っ °Д °;)っ

how can i wait for the week (/= _ =)/~┴┴

ycchen226May 5, 2017 8:42 PM
May 5, 2017 12:42 PM

Jun 2014
Feels kinda slow this episode, not much actions happening.
May 5, 2017 1:25 PM

Feb 2015
I'm screaming Shao Tian is so cute. Holy crap, this makes me want to rethink every scene in the novel with him.

Edit: That ep 7 teaser though, Zhou Zekai is beauty defined.
May 5, 2017 2:24 PM

Apr 2017
So many dialogues and slangs in this episode, I wonder if sub team is able to translate those slangs to make them sound interesting in English.
May 5, 2017 7:21 PM

Dec 2016
Kevin_Lyf said:
So many dialogues and slangs in this episode, I wonder if sub team is able to translate those slangs to make them sound interesting in English.

("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")
May 5, 2017 7:28 PM

Apr 2017
Tyiriel said:
Kevin_Lyf said:

("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")("Watch my sword")

Lmao, the most savage spamming kid
we'll see
May 5, 2017 9:32 PM

Jul 2013
Huang Shao Tian rocks!

edit: can't wait for the next episode all those new characters yessss! so many bishies and Qiao yifan looks adorbs
May 6, 2017 2:33 AM
Apr 2017
Hello guys, We are the fan subbing group that translated Episode 4 when it was delayed. This time also we were able to do the episode 6, thanks to JojoYang from our server.
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/RVZs8pP
If anyone want to help out in the future, feel free to join in and do so.
P.S the subs might not be as good as Bayi official but still nice enough i believe.
May 6, 2017 3:11 AM

Aug 2014
Well, definitely better than no subs at all. So, you have my thanks.

By the way, would you mind me sharing the download link on my blog? Don't worry, if I'm lucky 2 people will read it.
izanaginookamiMay 6, 2017 3:17 AM

May 6, 2017 4:12 AM
Aug 2015
intrnetofthngs said:
Hello guys, We are the fan subbing group that translated Episode 4 when it was delayed. This time also we were able to do the episode 6, thanks to JojoYang from our server.
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/RVZs8pP
If anyone want to help out in the future, feel free to join in and do so.
P.S the subs might not be as good as Bayi official but still nice enough i believe.

so where is the subbed ep 6?
May 6, 2017 4:38 AM

Aug 2014
HeicPy said:
so where is the subbed ep 6?

Accept the invite and you should find it immediately.

Thought that's true, wouldn't a torrent be more accessible? I know nothing of torrent though, so I may be saying idiotic things.

May 6, 2017 8:57 AM
Nov 2010
So, I've just watched the episode again with subs, and I'm just wondering, how does sending the monsters into the cracks save time for the players? Is it like by sending monsters into the cracks, they're considered defeated?
May 6, 2017 8:59 AM
May 2012
eplipswich said:
So, I've just watched the episode again with subs, and I'm just wondering, how does sending the monsters into the cracks save time for the players? Is it like by sending monsters into the cracks, they're considered defeated?

Where did u what this with subs?
May 6, 2017 9:06 AM

Dec 2014
Perfect display of Huang Shaotian's character. I seriously love this guy. <3

eplipswich said:

I think you don't have to kill the monsters in dungeons to finish it. You only have to get rid of the monsters that aggro you at some point and by pushing them in the cracks you don't have to deal with them.

Bigazsben said:
Where did u what this with subs?

Try oniichananime.
CyandrisMay 6, 2017 9:09 AM
May 6, 2017 10:21 AM

Apr 2014
Episode kicked major butt out there. Simple but fun. Breaking records and a stooped up spy in the episode.
May 6, 2017 10:28 AM

Jun 2015
Liu Hao figured out Lord Grim's identity and went on to spy on him. Ye Xiu already knew who he was and used him to clear a dungeon. Huang Shaotian appeared. He's quite the loudmouth. He was helpful in the Bone Graveyard dungeon.
May 6, 2017 10:45 AM
Jun 2014
One of the best episode so far.

Haven't read the LN, but it's kinda convenient Ye Xiu knew Liu Hao's identity and was suspicious the moment Liu Hao joined the chat lobby. Maybe I missed something, beside that, enjoyed the episode. 8/10 for me this episode. Still 7/10 as awhole, hope it will change in the future to 8, because my enjoyment has always been an 8 for this anime so far!
May 6, 2017 11:32 AM

May 2008
eplipswich said:

Maybe you have to have played a MMO to understand this. Sending it to a crack is maybe like a bug.
The monster is stuck and all you have to do is keep attacking it (without running around dodging its attack)
May 6, 2017 12:32 PM
Mar 2013
eplipswich said:

They never explained this in anime, but in order to finish the dungeon they simply need to defeat final boss, so they can just send monsters into the wall and leave them there. (Point is that monster are stuck and cannot leave) This way is much faster than taking your time to kill them.
May 6, 2017 12:38 PM
Aug 2015
Another good episode! The new character Huang Shaotian sure is talkative lol, Steam Bun and him are so funny!
Good to see there wasn't recycled animation in this episode (although it wasn't bothering me in the previous ones).
New characters to appear in the next episode, can't wait to see that!
May 6, 2017 1:02 PM

Aug 2013
Huang Shaotian sure talks a lot. A trash-talker. But I like his character.

I loved it how Ye Xiu played and fooled Liu Hao. He's a real fool.

May 6, 2017 1:10 PM

Mar 2017
episode 7 preview

next episode going to be dope with all these PVP :D
2B or not 2B?
May 6, 2017 3:15 PM
Nov 2015
So why are the offical subs being delayed exactly? Does anyone know?
May 6, 2017 3:52 PM
Apr 2017
Tehatomicpotato said:

It's not delayed anymore. The official episodes are now released on YouTube at the same schedule as in China. Episode 5 is the official release for this week worldwide, paid customers in China get one episode ahead each week. So basically, everyone is just watching leaked videos unless you've paid a membership to Bilibili or Tencent.
May 6, 2017 4:36 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
MoMoePom said:
Tehatomicpotato said:

It's not delayed anymore. The official episodes are now released on YouTube at the same schedule as in China. Episode 5 is the official release for this week worldwide, paid customers in China get one episode ahead each week. So basically, everyone is just watching leaked videos unless you've paid a membership to Bilibili or Tencent.

Thanks for the heads up on that
May 6, 2017 6:41 PM
Jun 2014
echiomega said:
eplipswich said:

Maybe you have to have played a MMO to understand this. Sending it to a crack is maybe like a bug.
The monster is stuck and all you have to do is keep attacking it (without running around dodging its attack)

From my point of view.

Mobs will spawn during the Raid boss. This forces the players to waste time on mobs, since they will get in the way during the boss fight. To prevent new mobs from spawning, they will trap the mobs in those cracks. This way: Mobs won't spawn, since the first wave mobs are still in the field, but unable to attack the player, aka easier for the players to focus on the main boss no matter how many damage the boss takes. They are also doing it on the "secret second" boss, since the main boss is their target to clear the dungeon as fast as possible, the second boss is irrelevant and does only exist to make the dungeon harder. So trapping the second boss makes it easier and less time consuming aswell.
May 6, 2017 7:42 PM

Sep 2011
Great episode. It looks like we'll get some 1v1(?) action next week between the MC and some other dude. Man, I really can't wait ;_;. I wish all the episodes were already released.
May 6, 2017 8:17 PM

Nov 2014
Wow, things are moving a long very quickly. I guess it's expected, but the entire dungeon run was skipped. Good they kept in the delivery gun part at least.
May 6, 2017 8:46 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Action is great as always. I love how Grim figured out Hao and still played with him.
Hao got wrecked in his tourney game. :)

Episode was mostly just going back and forth with breaking records but it was still really fun to watch.
Speaking of which this Shaotian guy is awesome, I laugh with the way he keeps talking. Trash Talk op. xD

PvP next week? This is getting really interesting, there were a couple of new characters as well and I assume this PvP might lead to people figuring out Grim's identity?
I want more Ye Xiu x Su Mucheng scenes. XD
Lelouch0202May 6, 2017 9:05 PM
May 6, 2017 10:29 PM

Mar 2016
Very good episode! The plot thickens and it seems like Ye is always a step ahead by using his strategic planning and ability to use other players skills to create a team that compliments each other! I'm interested to see how Hao responds to being figured out and what the next step in the story will be!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 6, 2017 11:57 PM

Dec 2015
Wow someone ACTUALLY got interested in the umbrella weapon!!! This was the perfect chance to explain to everyone that doesn't know just what the hell actually that weapon he uses is, yet they didn't, why??? (rhetorical question)

Yet another boringly bad episode. I keep wondering how can anyone consider any episodes so far as anything above average.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 7, 2017 12:09 AM
Nov 2010
joe_g7 said:
Yet another boringly bad episode. I keep wondering how can anyone consider any episodes so far as anything above average.

Well, you are in the minority, so :/

Anyway, it's clear that this anime is more for promotional purpose (make people want to read the source novel which is free online. And I mean legally free). So yeah. Just saying. Of course, they could have chosen the course of adapting everything in the source instead, but there's always the problem of budget.

Also, thanks to everyone who replied to me for explaining the crack thing :)
eplipswichMay 7, 2017 12:15 AM
May 7, 2017 12:23 AM

Dec 2015
eplipswich said:
joe_g7 said:

Anyway, it's clear that this anime is more for promotional purpose (make people want to read the novel which is free online. And I mean legally free). So yeah. Just saying. Of course, they could have chosen the course of adapting everything in the source instead, but there's always the problem of budget.
Yeah I realised I was in the minority a few episodes ago. Cutting out every meaningful thing and just sticking with mindless action isn't really a good promo. If they really had budget problems (which is debatable) then they shouldn't have made 12 20-minute episodes, but instead should have focused on either making less episodes or decreasing the episode durations, but they didn't which shows just how incompetent the people who made this are.

Also fun thing, if this was a good anime, you would not need to search the forums for the answer about the wall cracks, the anime would have explained it, I don't think saying "it's a bug I discovered in the game" would have been too heavy on their budget.
joe_g7May 7, 2017 12:29 AM
May 7, 2017 12:34 AM
Nov 2010
Yeah, I get what you mean and I respect that. There's definitely room for improvement for this anime as a promo, but as it is right now, this anime is already starting to gain popularity outside China, which goes to show that the creators are doing something right.

I won't say this is one of the best anime I've watched, but it certainly gets me hyped. And this is clearly one of the better Chinese anime out there and is a stepping stone in the Chinese animation industry. I hope they pick it up from there and do even better.
eplipswichMay 7, 2017 12:38 AM
May 7, 2017 1:29 AM

May 2016
joe_g7 said:
eplipswich said:

Anyway, it's clear that this anime is more for promotional purpose (make people want to read the novel which is free online. And I mean legally free). So yeah. Just saying. Of course, they could have chosen the course of adapting everything in the source instead, but there's always the problem of budget.
Yeah I realised I was in the minority a few episodes ago. Cutting out every meaningful thing and just sticking with mindless action isn't really a good promo. If they really had budget problems (which is debatable) then they shouldn't have made 12 20-minute episodes, but instead should have focused on either making less episodes or decreasing the episode durations, but they didn't which shows just how incompetent the people who made this are.

Also fun thing, if this was a good anime, you would not need to search the forums for the answer about the wall cracks, the anime would have explained it, I don't think saying "it's a bug I discovered in the game" would have been too heavy on their budget.

Those are things you can easily figure out without the show cramming the information to your face. Most of the details they skipped haven't been crucial to understanding what is going on.
-Abyss_Walker-May 7, 2017 1:36 AM
May 7, 2017 2:14 AM

Dec 2015
-Abyss_Walker- said:
Those are things you can easily figure out without the show cramming the information to your face. Most of the details they skipped haven't been crucial to understanding what is going on.
>Implying that one line of dialogue is information cramming.
If dumb unexplained action is what you like, props to you 👍
May 7, 2017 2:23 AM

May 2016
joe_g7 said:
-Abyss_Walker- said:
>Implying that one line of dialogue is information cramming.
If dumb unexplained action is what you like, props to you 👍

My poor wording there, it should be more like " without spoonfeeding everything to you"

The fights aren't dumb just because you don't get what is happening, its not rocket science to figure these things out even if one hasn't read the source material.

May 7, 2017 2:33 AM

Sep 2015
Huang is prob my fav char next to Ye Qiu
May 7, 2017 2:34 AM

Dec 2015
-Abyss_Walker- said:
My poor wording there, it should be more like " without spoonfeeding everything to you"

They aren't dumb just because you don't get what is happening.
I'm really curious to know about what flaws you think this anime has so far, and IF it has any?
May 7, 2017 3:32 AM
Apr 2017
its plot is really neat.
May 7, 2017 4:04 AM
Jun 2014
joe_g7 said:
-Abyss_Walker- said:

They aren't dumb just because you don't get what is happening.
I'm really curious to know about what flaws you think this anime has so far, and IF it has any?

I'm really curious to know why you're hating this anime so much, while this anime is mainly about having fun and gaming.

We don't need info dumps, since it breaks the flow the anime currently has. The umbrella question you asked has even been explained in the anime before this episode was even made:
"Wow someone ACTUALLY got interested in the umbrella weapon!!! This was the perfect chance to explain to everyone that doesn't know just what the hell actually that weapon he uses is, yet they didn't, why???"

It's a custom made silver weapon he created when he was material farming. This isn't the first time he made the weapon, as Su Mu Cheng recognizes the weapon and Ye Qiu saying he made this weapon with his friend. Back at Episode 6, we see a photo of Su Mu Cheng with another guy along with Ye Qiu. That same guy is in the flashback of Ye Qiu aswell when he made the umbrella weapon in the past episode, showing us that guy is the friend Ye Qiu is refering to and showing us the weapon has some emotional attachment to both Ye Qiu and Su Mu Cheng aswell, beside being "the perfect" weapon for a classless character.

Picking a class means you're only good at one thing. For example, a Gunner is only good for distance fight, but as shown in the previous episode and during Ye Qiu vs Tang Rao, they aren't reliable at close combat. Ye Qiu's weapon enables Ye Qiu to be a classless character while enabling the functions of the different classes like Gunners, Battlemages, etc and not having those mayor weaknesses. This was confirmed when Tang Rao wanted to be classless aswell, untill the manager said the only reason why Ye Qiu is classless is because of his weapon. Not because classless is the way to go.

You asking this question means: You either don't understand the language and watches it RAW, don't read the subs, don't understand the subs or reads the subs and already knows the answer, but talks as if the anime doesn't explain things when it actually does. I was confused you critiqued the anime(which I agree, since it has flasws), yet the question you asked to support your statement has been explained in the anime... Making your whole critique being questionable from my point of view.

So currently, depending on your reply, I agree with: "They aren't dumb just because you don't get what is happening."
TKMikeMay 7, 2017 4:20 AM
May 7, 2017 4:22 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Huang Shaotian cannot stop talking lol. But he back up his shit talk, really good player.

Also nice action scenes, i didn't much reuse of animation.

Next episode looks sick.
May 7, 2017 5:06 AM

Dec 2015
TKMike said:
I'm really curious to know why you're hating this anime so much, while this anime is mainly about having fun and gaming.
We don't need info dumps, since it breaks the flow the anime currently has.
Not quite, I'm just asking questions the average viewer would have and things that should have been addressed while making the anime. Also, in the episode discussions everyone that has read the novel says that the anime skips over too much and subsequently is moving too fast, every single episode you see someone saying "oh they skipped that part", so I think it would be better for the flow to slow down, but that's subjective so whatever.

The umbrella question you asked has even been explained in the anime before this episode was even made:

It's a custom made silver weapon he created when he was material farming. This isn't the first time he made the weapon, as Su Mu Cheng recognizes the weapon and Ye Qiu saying he made this weapon with his friend. Back at Episode 6, we see a photo of Su Mu Cheng with another guy along with Ye Qiu. That same guy is in the flashback of Ye Qiu aswell when he made the umbrella weapon in the past episode, showing us that guy is the friend Ye Qiu is refering to and showing us the weapon has some emotional attachment to both Ye Qiu and Su Mu Cheng aswell, beside being "the perfect" weapon for a classless character.
Yes I know that he crafted it, if I'm not mistaken it was from the items he requested from that one guy in some episode, sorry can't remember character or alliance name since they're so many and complicated in Chinese.

Picking a class means you're only good at one thing etc etc.
Yes I also know what picking a class is and that he's classless.

You asking this question means: You either don't understand the language and watches it RAW, don't read the subs, don't understand the subs or reads the subs and already knows the answer, but talks as if the anime doesn't explain things when it actually does. I was confused you critiqued the anime(which I agree, since it has the question you asked to support your statement has been explained in the anime... Making your whole critique questionable from your point of view.

So currently, depending on your reply, I agree with: "without spoonfeeding everything to you"
I'm watching it in the fansubs.

You know, in a normal case, I would go back and download the episodes to see if I'm actually wrong, but I saw your profile and you've already put an anime (the one we're talking about right now) that's only halfway finished, in your favorites. Which tells me that you won't get convinced no matter what or how I try to prove to you, this anime has a lot of blind fans that refuse to acknowledge any form of criticism --I speak from experience. From the years that I've been in the forums I've learned that trying to convince fans about smth is just a waste of time and energy. So I'm just not gonna give a fuck if you agree with me or not and that's it. Problem solved.
May 7, 2017 5:09 AM

Feb 2014
Dude still sleeps in this normal clothes. Buy some pyjamas man. Has he even changed once since arriving at the cafe?

Shaotian's voice is annoying and cringe af. 10/10 casting I guess.
May 7, 2017 5:37 AM
Jun 2014

Oh no! Is this the way how you debunk my claims!!! Welp, you convinced nobody.

Also side note:
You can favorite an anime while knowing its flaws. You seen the score I gave it? Unlike most people, I scored it currently a 7, instead of giving it 9's or 10's, while being my fave anime of this season. Heck, I'm amazed how well this anime is doing, since it started with 7.5+(5+ being: I dunno the exact number it started) and is now 8.12. But nice straw man though, shows people how invalid your critique is, because you can't actually debunk my argument and starts to attack my personal list, without even starting to defend your own ignorant statement :'D

Anyways, I know enough. Have the last word, I now know the type of person you are.

EDIT: I put a SPOILER tagg to prevent unnecessary long comments while not deleting the replies for the people who are interested and questioning to what I'm actually replying to.

Just checked your list aswell, giving Bleach a 10, while knowing 10 is only used for an anime which is excellent at every aspects. Ty for checking my list and giving me a good reason to reply something about your list aswell :D You must be the type who acts to be objective, while in reality: You aren't.
TKMikeMay 7, 2017 6:04 AM
May 7, 2017 6:15 AM

Dec 2015
@TKMike I don't care about your score, bottom line is that this anime is one of your favorites which makes everything I say invalid. You WILL defend it because it's one of your favorites. And unlike you, I don't stalk Bleach's forum discussions to defend it from every bad word every random user says about it, because Bleach has many many flaws and I know that, I've been changing my score almost every month just because I'm unsure what to put.
Also, could your 'attack' have been directed at anything more obvious? At this point I've gotten used to the "Bleach is shit" thing. It's like me 'attacking' you for giving SAO anything above 5. It's gotten cliché.
May 7, 2017 6:21 AM

Mar 2017
Oho! Interesting. This gunna be gud. *grabs popcorn*

BTW, I have a couple of questions to the readers. How does PVP actually work? I see a 3v3 and a 5v5 but how is it structured? The goal? Just pure elimination mode? Is there flag captures? Escort missions? Just one map? Multiple maps? Is warding present? Do they see a minimap while in-game? Are healer spells line-of-sight? How useful are the supports' positioning? Are there dedicated shotcallers or does the entire team make decisions inefficiently under fire or both? Do they had to have equipment level parity? How do they split roles? How often does the top teams scrimm against each other? How are the tournament structured? One mega-tournament running for the entire year or individual events and mini-seasons? I assume it's a LAN tournament... yes?

I'm not invested to read the novel so spoil me because I want to cut through the MMO fluffs. I didn't come here to watch MMOs. Log Horizon already exist.
EankiMay 7, 2017 6:25 AM
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

225 by Rineczka »»
Jan 11, 12:47 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjohn »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

163 by Nat_V »»
Oct 13, 2022 11:53 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - Jun 15, 2017

148 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 18, 2022 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.