Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 6, 2017 10:16 AM

Feb 2017
"oh hey btw i'm the armored titan". Are you kidding me? This entire episode was just a trainwreck of poor writing. It baffles me that anyone can defend the writing quality of this series after this episode.
AoT is trash and you're trash for liking it.

Mar 2009
---

Goddess of War

Oct 2013
Haha the scene when Reiner casually reveals his identity was pretty dang funny

Aug 2015
Sarah-Sama said:
Madlib said:
Well holy shit.... I can't wait for next week. Someone tell me what chapter to read, I can't wait. 0:

today's episode adapted ch. 42 so you can start with ch. 43

Awesome thank you.

Oct 2016
Xenocrisi said:
fuyuki said:
I laughed so hard when Reiner just casually told that he's the Armored Titan like it was nothing.

Yeah what the actual fuck, it was like the Author just wanted to tell us who were the colossal titan and the armored titan already

It is just as Eren and Bertholdt said, Reiner is going crazy and doesn't realize the consequences of his actions.
May 6, 2017 10:17 AM

Sep 2016
OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS EPISODE IM SCREAMING

May 6, 2017 10:23 AM

Mar 2012
That CGI colossal was absolute garbage and looks like it's going to be the same next episode, shame...
Waifus only represent ideals
May 6, 2017 10:23 AM

Oct 2011
Waited years to see this scene, they animated it perfectly! Seeing mikasa tear through both of them like that was worth the wait. And their transformations were so epic, only wish there was no CGI for the colossal titan.
May 6, 2017 10:24 AM
May 2015
When I read this chapter 2 years ago, I couldn't feel Reiner's madness. But now with voices and music, everything was well done.

I've been waiting for this since 2 years.
May 6, 2017 10:26 AM

Nov 2016
HungrySquirtle said:
"oh hey btw i'm the armored titan". Are you kidding me? This entire episode was just a trainwreck of poor writing. It baffles me that anyone can defend the writing quality of this series after this episode.

That writing is exactly why the cliffhanger is so intense.
May 6, 2017 10:26 AM

Jun 2013
Holy shit what an awesome episode!
May 6, 2017 10:27 AM

Mar 2013
xXcorbanXx said:
That CGI colossal was absolute garbage and looks like it's going to be the same next episode, shame...

Yep, looked garbage, to the point where it's distracting (not usually bothered by this kind of stuff)
May 6, 2017 10:28 AM

Apr 2008
Stupid move by Mikasa, did she really think she could kill them like that? :P
Plot finally thickens for real. Had forgotten that Reiner reveal their true id like that.

It's hard not to spoil non manga readers :P
Is it spoiling to tell that certain things won't happen in this season, and that people will have to wait until season 3 for such? :P

May 6, 2017 10:28 AM

Mar 2012
RainbowIslands said:
champdude17 said:
Did any other non-manga readers see this reveal coming? After it was revealed that titans were living among humans in Season 1, I was pretty sure those 2 would be titans, mostly due to them being unusually close to each other and the hair of the colossal looking exactly the same as Reiner's. I never expected them to just be like "yeah we are the titans" just casually.

Even though I saw it coming, this episode was so hype, CGI Colossal titan didn't look that bad in all honesty, next episode looks even better.

5/5

Saw Reiner coming (OP2, Female Titan incident gave it away), but Bertolt was unexpected. Bertolt was a suspect because of his association with Reiner, but he doesn't look like Colossal Titan at all, and he's no last boss material (at this point anyway), so I dismissed it.

Reiner is a warrior, that'll be clear from now on even more. But Berthold is a friend, a bro, someone you want to have to your side due to his loyalty.

About the colossal, that's the best part, Eren, Reiner, Annie resembles their titans and that killed the mistery before the reveal, but because how the Colossal works (they'll explain it in S4 xD) Berthold doesn't resemble him and that's what should have been for every shifter.
Waifus only represent ideals
May 6, 2017 10:29 AM

May 2015
Harlequina said:
xXcorbanXx said:

Yep, looked garbage, to the point where it's distracting (not usually bothered by this kind of stuff)

Yea, so true. I mean this CGI titan was in show for like 10 sec. They've got 4 years for this crappy CGI moment. Shame.

Still this show is amazing. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 6, 2017 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
AHHHHH I WAITED 4 FUCKING YEARS FOR THIS.

And what do you mean there's still people that haven't been spoiled for this. I was spoiled when season 1 was airing (or close to when it finished, don't remember anymore)

Anyway, breathtaking, Mikasa's crazy face, Reiner slowly losing it, Bert's desperation, everything was on point.

Now onto the fight.
Baby, daijobanai...
May 6, 2017 10:30 AM

Jul 2016
I thought that the reveal was done perfectly-
and I thought the CGI colossal titan looked rather formidable... although it appears I am alone in that opinion. Oh well, I suppose everyone has different tastes in animation, especially when it comes to anime.

The last half of this episode definitely appeared as if it had received a significant amount of attention. After all, this episode marks the greatest tonal shift in the anime so far. Despite knowing that Anne was the female Titan, no information about the goal of the three (enemy?) titan-shifters had been given so generously up until this episode.
May 6, 2017 10:32 AM

May 2014
My gay boy Reiner was hurt mentally there and I felt for him.. Man why does this have to happen to my favorite character..
I just hope they'll find a way to resolve this without anyone actually dying.. We need to know their reasons, Eren don't go too crazy please..
ZoroZoldyckMay 7, 2017 4:52 AM

May 6, 2017 10:33 AM

Jun 2015
Wow what a stretched out episode. It baffles me how easy it is to blend the audience with a twist the whole episode. Atleast the reveal of the 2 titans in a casual talk was well adapted. 3/5
May 6, 2017 10:34 AM
Jan 2017
No geral um episodio lento mas muito bom e necessário para os proximos eventos, um final de episodio incrivel q me deixou louco para o proximo episodio!

May 6, 2017 10:34 AM
Sep 2016
HOLY SHIT. This episode was hype af, great way to go into the second half.
May 6, 2017 10:36 AM

Dec 2013
Well, it's been a long time coming so any surprise for manga readers has been thrown out the window at least a few years ago now. Overall it was just as absurd as I remember the reveal to be. PTSD Reiner giving away all the secrets and forcing everything into motion.

Not too impressed with the Kyoujin animations, as the 3D rendering was made like it came out from the game, which kind of didn't match with the rest of the animation. However cheaper those shots may be, it just felt off.

Wondering just how far we'll actually get into by the end of this season.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 6, 2017 10:37 AM

Jul 2015
omg , my heart was about to stop in the second half
cant wait for the next ep

BOYS THIS IS SNK GREATNESS

also plz shitty cgi stay away from my beloved Snk
tragedydesuMay 6, 2017 10:42 AM
May 6, 2017 10:38 AM

Sep 2008
> I'm the armored titan and he's the colossal titan.
Our primary goal was to ensure all of humanity was wiped out, but now there's no need for that. We killed your mother, but leave it in the past and come with us to enjoy the pleasures of the life.
As someone said once, the most easiest thing of the world is to create and feed a mystery. Hard is to conclude this one as well as it started. Though that ''primary'' looks doubtful, I really disliked how one of the most important secrets in the show was revealed.

"We were young?" Holy shit, nobody is too young to break a fucking wall and kill a lot of people, lol
May 6, 2017 10:39 AM

Dec 2016
My GOD did I get chills. That was a nearly perfect adaptation. It flawlessly captures how the original chapter was when this happened.

After Utgard Castle, you think everything's going fine. You find out Ymir's actually alive, and there really was no hole in the wall. Then, amidst Hanji's conversation, Reiner tells Eren the truth in the background. You're confused, so you rewind it, only to see that you read it correctly: "I'm the Armored Titan, and he's the Colossal Titan." Then, it cuts to a flashback, a flashback that makes you realize how evident it was that they were titans. You slowly put your thoughts together and by the end of the flashback your heart is pumping and you're ready to see some action. Reiner charges toward Eren but Mikasa comes out of nowhere, and you're still excited af, and seeing her about to stab Bertholdt just leaves you in awe. Then, the transformation finally happens, leaving you on the most gigantic cliffhanger ever that any series has ever done.

Only problem is the CGI Colossal Titan. Other than that, 5/5.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”

-Donquixote Doflamingo, One Piece
May 6, 2017 10:40 AM
Feb 2017
Bertolt the 3D titan
May 6, 2017 10:42 AM

Jun 2016
Crazy good episode, totally caught me off guard with that reveal at the end.
May 6, 2017 10:43 AM

May 2016
This is more likely to hear the fans and us saying "Perfect Adaptation but within the cliffhanger killed our hypes apparently. xD

At least I'll rate this episode with: 4.5/5
May 6, 2017 10:44 AM

Aug 2016
I literally love how Bertholdt does nothing in the plot in his human form (even Reiner is more talkative) but his titan form is the main cause of everything.
May 6, 2017 10:45 AM

Aug 2016
You are a titan, and you, and you, let's not forget that you are a titan! , woop woop titan party.
May 6, 2017 10:50 AM
Jan 2016
this episode was epic..... don't care about the CGI as long as the episode is good
May 6, 2017 10:51 AM

Jan 2010
Been waiting for this to get adapted for a while and it did not disappoint!
I was at the edge of my seat towards the end there! Next week, it's Eren vs Reiner!!
Mikasa was a badass!
And the song used towards the end was right in point! Loved it!
"Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don't underestimate us!"
-Gintama
May 6, 2017 10:51 AM
Nov 2012
Every episode never fails to make my hand shaking and freezing. Armin is smarter than I thought. I did not expected them just revealed their identities out of nowhere. Eren was still trying to believe in them just like he did to Annie. That music started when Reiner shows his arm was so epic. Mikasa was fast as always. Next episode!
Fun fact pointed out by Dao:
https://twitter.com/OtakuDao/status/860903105000607744
GinjiroMay 6, 2017 11:00 AM
“Townsperson B has its own kind of awesomeness” — Shōyō Hinata
May 6, 2017 10:52 AM

Jun 2016
I already knew about Reiner being a titan. but I did not know about Bertholdt! Holy smokes!
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
May 6, 2017 10:53 AM

Nov 2016
Reiner was like fuck it, I ain't gonna die for these idiots
God I love Mikasa, she doesn't and never waste time, she's a true warrior unlike those kids who are playing soldiers and the supposed titan "warriors"
May 6, 2017 10:55 AM

May 2009
Kris said:
Does anyone know the name of the ost playing when they transformed? Sounds like a new version of something they've used before, but I might be wrong.
New version of vogel im käfig. The OST will be out on June 7th.

https://youtu.be/w3UR7nsTLlQ?t=285
May 6, 2017 10:56 AM

Feb 2017
Apocalypx said:
HungrySquirtle said:

Wait you actually think this is good writing? I get that fanboys for this series are blindly loyal but this is just irredeemable.
AoT is trash and you're trash for liking it.

Sep 2014
There's seriously no way that Mikasa would fail to kill at least one of them in that situation. Fucking plot armor.
Dec 2015
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. They handled the revelation better than i could've ever imagined. And the way the music got heavy as Eren yelled the word "traitor" made me jizz my pants no fucking joke.
May 6, 2017 10:58 AM

May 2016
Best episode of the season 2 for the moment
May 6, 2017 11:04 AM

Jun 2016
Literally everyone to Bertholdt and Reiner:

I've waited for 4 fucking years for that revelation and I loved how they made it as close as possible to the manga, and the fact that I preferred the anime version. Fuuuuuuck! Daaaamn, they will literally cover the whole Clash of the Titans arc. I was literally screaming and it's 2AM here! Haaalp!

Praise Wit Studio. Praise Hiroyuki Sawano for the Vogel im Kafig remix. Praise Hajime Isayama-senpai.

Fuuuuuck!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 6, 2017 11:07 AM
Jan 2014
I... I just...
What?
What the actual fuck just happened?
I was expecting just some regular backstory and then I suddenly read the reveal line.
I don't even know anymore.
Someone send a therapist I need help.
May 6, 2017 11:07 AM

Feb 2016
It's still funny how casually Reiner told eren he's the collosal titan and Bertholdt the armored titan :p

May 6, 2017 11:08 AM

Mar 2014
HungrySquirtle said:
Apocalypx said:

Wait you actually think this is good writing? I get that fanboys for this series are blindly loyal but this is just irredeemable.
nah, the writing is great.
I'll wait for your reasons why it's irredeemable
May 6, 2017 11:09 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man i was laughing my ass off when they casually said that they are the armored and the colossal titans to eren.

also, that face when mikasa heard them

Feels good being an anime-only watcher.

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 6, 2017 11:11 AM

Jan 2015
DatRandomDude said:
Feels good being an anime-only watcher.

It won't feel good anymore when the second season will end and we will have to wait for 4 years again for another season
May 6, 2017 11:12 AM
Sep 2014
Everyone is talking about Reiner's transformation and forgetting Mikasa's reaction

May 6, 2017 11:13 AM

May 2016
I knew it was going to happen but it was still so god damn intense and awesome + Mikasa is a freaking badass, she'll just cut a bitch without any regrets
May 6, 2017 11:15 AM

Jul 2014
Well they were very suspicious and Reiner looks like his titan form so........anyway The final moments were so tense and exciting. Mikasa is a fucking beast xD

May 6, 2017 11:16 AM

May 2016
Navios said:
Everyone is talking about Reiner's transformation and forgetting Mikasa's reaction

That part was great, she absolutely wrecked them lmao
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.