Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 »
Mar 12, 2015 11:38 AM

Aug 2009
ijuka said:
@k0k0 Just have the attitude that I do and watch UBW in anticipation for well animated action sequences.

And that, lol. Every time I think of expressing a sentiment, I think again if it might contain anything that might provoke the Priests to shoot me with an RPG.
As far as it goes for me, I've been watching all this for purely entertainment purposes.

CookingPriest said:
His role is literally "that person who saved Shirou from fire and then died"

But then isn't it more powerful if the viewer knows that wasn't the whole story? I mean, from my perspective, I'm actually learning a lot more about what Kerry did after he settled down with Shirou, as opposed to being introduced to some minor foster father who left the protagonist unheeded.

Context of a lot of things can get very wrong interpretations in different watching order, not to mention placing expectations in the characters the show does not even expect you to expect anything out of.

And that is exactly what is happening with me. But then doesn't this make our sentiments five times stronger and, therefore, the show more enjoyable? The viewer may not be surprised by many revelations, but he would be eagerly awaiting that same reaction from the current characters. This, in itself, is one way of enjoyment in my opinion.
Mar 12, 2015 11:40 AM

Oct 2014
k0k0 said:
ijuka said:
@k0k0 Just have the attitude that I do and watch UBW in anticipation for well animated action sequences.

And that, lol. Every time I think of expressing a sentiment, I think again if it might contain anything that might provoke the Priests to shoot me with an RPG.
As far as it goes for me, I've been watching all this for pure entertainment purposes.

CookingPriest said:

But then isn't it more powerful if the viewer knows that wasn't the whole story? I mean, from my perspective, I'm actually learning a lot more about what Kerry did after he settled down with Shirou, as opposed to being introduced to some minor foster father who left the protagonist unheeded.

Context of a lot of things can get very wrong interpretations in different watching order, not to mention placing expectations in the characters the show does not even expect you to expect anything out of.

And that is exactly what is happening with me. But then doesn't this make our sentiments five times stronger and, therefore, the show more enjoyable? The viewer may not be surprised by many revelations, but he would be eagerly awaiting that same reaction from the current characters. This, in itself, is one way of enjoyment in my opinion.

f/z spoilers

Mar 12, 2015 11:41 AM

Aug 2014
But you learn the truth of the matter in Fate, if we're talking about Kerry here.
Mar 12, 2015 11:42 AM

Aug 2009
nocorras said:
It's more powerful in the VN because y ou learn things in different routes and then HF throws you a shocker. It's a wtf moment.

Yes, you must be right. But then VN also had many explicit scenes that might have taken away from the enjoyment factor for me.
Mar 12, 2015 11:44 AM

Oct 2014
Insertanamehere said:
But you learn the truth of the matter in Fate, if we're talking about Kerry here.

f/zero spoilers
Mar 12, 2015 11:45 AM

Feb 2009
ChickenFry said:
HungryPriest said:

Partly true. If you watch or read something purely for entertainment purposes, sure. Otherwise it does matter a lot.

So what is the purpose of anime in general? Education?

Some anime are pure entertainment. Some anime have deeper purpose. It's an art, after all, it's purpose is to enrich us. In what way, it depends on the anime in question.

Say that there's a picture where the artist wanted to convey a message. We can simply enjoy the picture for it beauty or we could invest more in understanding it and learn about the autor himself, his time, place, circumstances, etc. and through that figure out the message. Depends on our priorities, what is more important to us.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 12, 2015 11:47 AM

Sep 2014
k0k0 said:
ijuka said:

As far as it goes for me, I've been watching all this for purely entertainment purposes.

CookingPriest said:

it's all your suppose to think until it's revealed. most series dont just up and hand you all it's cookies right away look at steins;gate. or even trigun the shit didnt hit the fan until like ep 10. of course if this gives you more enjoyment then by all means.
Mar 12, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2009
Maloghurst said:
it's all your suppose to think until it's revealed. most series dont just up and hand you all it's cookies right away look at steins;gate. or even trigun the shit didnt hit the fan until like ep 10. of course if this gives you more enjoyment then by all means.

It does, but you're correct as well: I think entertainment can be derived in many different forms from the Fate/ series, all depending on what you watch first and what last.
My form of watching depends heavily on you all, in one sense, to constantly guide me where I see black holes in the story.
Mar 12, 2015 12:01 PM

Nov 2010
k0k0 said:
CookingPriest said:

The thing is, whole VN is designed around it giving reader a piece by piece of the story and having reader slowly form a complete picture out of those pieces. Kiritsugu's backstory is such as well, with Shirou's and Saber's contradicting memories of Kiritsugu indicating that there's more about Kiritsugu than reader's let to know, with the final piece finally being given in HF to form a complete picture of Kiritsugu.
F/SN is quite good at leading you to think one thing and then throwing a shocker in there for the lulz.

After F/SN picture is formed, you then get F/Z to see how the whole situation came to being.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Mar 12, 2015 12:12 PM

Aug 2009
Aurioch said:
The thing is, whole VN is designed around it giving reader a piece by piece of the story and having reader slowly form a complete picture out of those pieces. Kiritsugu's backstory is such as well, with Shirou's and Saber's contradicting memories of Kiritsugu indicating that there's more about Kiritsugu than reader's let to know, with the final piece finally being given in HF to form a complete picture of Kiritsugu.
F/SN is quite good at leading you to think one thing and then throwing a shocker in there for the lulz.

After F/SN picture is formed, you then get F/Z to see how the whole situation came to being.

Yes, I can imagine that. Watching /Zero after would've brought more reaction from me upon Kiritsugu's character. This is one of the greater revelations that I've missed out on, sadly.
Mar 12, 2015 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
HungryPriest said:
ChickenFry said:

So what is the purpose of anime in general? Education?

Some anime are pure entertainment. Some anime have deeper purpose. It's an art, after all, it's purpose is to enrich us. In what way, it depends on the anime in question.

Say that there's a picture where the artist wanted to convey a message. We can simply enjoy the picture for it beauty or we could invest more in understanding it and learn about the autor himself, his time, place, circumstances, etc. and through that figure out the message. Depends on our priorities, what is more important to us.

Well yeah, but when making an anime, what is the most important for a studio?

Answer: Making the viewers entertained and getting money.

What comes after is just the result of 2 things above.

This is not pure art. Anime is an industry.
Mar 12, 2015 12:59 PM

Feb 2009
ChickenFry said:
HungryPriest said:

Well yeah, but when making an anime, what is the most important for a studio?

Answer: Making the viewers entertained and getting money.

What comes after is just the result of 2 things above.

This is not pure art. Anime is an industry.

What does any of that got to do with what I said? Are you saying that animes are devoid of anything deep in them? That studios don't care at all about the original work when doing adaptations? That's a very shallow point of view.

Movie industry. Music industry. Anime industry. They all contain both the mindless entertainment and the more intellectual pieces of art.

And what is this "pure art"? When does something become pure art? Good or bad, it is still art.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Jul 6, 2015 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
Sure Shirou, let's fight the more-powerful-than-a-human servant with a stick and with a disabled arm while losing blood rapidly.

Sure, let's go to the house of someone who was trying to kill you 30 minutes ago.

Let's be real. If Emiya didn't have plot armor, he'd be the first to die with his stupidity
Jul 7, 2015 1:22 AM

Jul 2007
RedTie47 said:
Sure Shirou, let's fight the more-powerful-than-a-human servant with a stick and with a disabled arm while losing blood rapidly.

To take attention from Rin and allow her to actually get the injured person away instead of them all being a target? Why not.

Sure, let's go to the house of someone who was trying to kill you 30 minutes ago.

He knows she would not have gone through with it.

Let's be real. If Emiya didn't have plot armor, he'd be the first to die with his stupidity

There's zero plot armor.
Jul 7, 2015 7:16 AM

Sep 2014
RedTie47 said:

you think rin is such a bitch that she wouldnt even show graditude to shirou after he saved her ass from getting head shotted?

you think shirou should have just sat there with rin and let the "attacker" continue to take sniping shots at them? i do understand the anime left out shirou's line about "something's not right here" but that's a whole dif cna of worms...

plot armor? not really CIS would be the better choice of words since the actions being taken are from characer motive and some character motives wont be revealed until next adaptation..you could say it's a flaw of transfering UBW from it's VN format but UFO announced Heaven's feel the same day they announced UBW so it should aleviate most of the missing content.....hopefuly.....
Jul 23, 2015 4:11 AM

Mar 2012
S-chan has arrived~
Oct 6, 2015 5:47 AM

Jul 2015
Awesome
Oct 8, 2015 5:15 AM

Dec 2013
I officially declare that one of the best things in this adaptation are Rin's expressions.
Nov 30, 2015 8:04 PM

Sep 2012
dat rider

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Dec 3, 2015 11:08 AM
Nov 2015
the fight was so cool, damn Rin and her gandr shots are so cool, and of course Rider who was the best thing in this episode
May 20, 2016 8:33 PM

Dec 2012
DAT RIDER! I'd love to RIDEHER!

Unfortunately, I can't call her best Rider any more, but she's still best female rider.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 9, 2016 9:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Fate/stay night : Children

Confirmed the fourth master, another school children. Presumably, it can be the master of Rider of one of the brother´s Matou, bet for the shy sakura...
Oct 30, 2016 12:47 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm I'm guessing he is talking about his step dad.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 12, 2017 9:46 AM

Apr 2013
Sure Tohsaka, request a truce after you failed to kill him... bitch :P
Best girl appears, damn Rider looks awesome in this <3
Apr 15, 2017 10:50 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode. Finally Rider appears!!! I'm surprised Emiya was able to took that blow on his arm. Can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 30, 2017 10:42 AM

May 2013
RIDERRRRRRRRRRRR <333333333333 I was waiting til she appeared C:
She looked so cool in the opening :D

I'm glad Rin decided to attack Shirou. He IS dumb =____= AND annoying for being so weak yet not taking precautions to having Saber around, even if she has to hide on the outside of the school
May 4, 2017 2:12 AM

Jul 2007
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
He IS dumb =____= AND annoying for being so weak yet not taking precautions to having Saber around, even if she has to hide on the outside of the school

What makes him dumb? Rin is the one trying to blow up half the school out of sheer bias and impulse even though Shirou knows she does not have it in her.

Just what precautions could he have taken to having Saber around? He knows how magi work. They would not attack a public location in broad daylight unless they want a death sentence passed upon them by Association.
May 6, 2017 9:35 PM

May 2013
Fai said:
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
He IS dumb =____= AND annoying for being so weak yet not taking precautions to having Saber around, even if she has to hide on the outside of the school

What makes him dumb? Rin is the one trying to blow up half the school out of sheer bias and impulse even though Shirou knows she does not have it in her.

Just what precautions could he have taken to having Saber around? He knows how magi work. They would not attack a public location in broad daylight unless they want a death sentence passed upon them by Association.

Rin wouldn't reveal herself as a mage like that unless she was fine with slaughtering the whole school for being witnesses. Obviously she isn't insane like that because it shows her personality has a caring side. She's also more experienced by miles-- starting magic at a young age. I'm sure she knows what she's doing and even if it WAS out of impulse, it's only for her to come out on top. She can't have him thinking she's his "friend" by going easy on him. Nobody was there and Shirou is way too pacifist to be taking part in this, which is exactly why everyone targets him first-- the weakest link.

Yes, Saber can't dematerialize like Archer can, but just have her patrolling outside the perimeters of school grounds yet close enough to sense any danger that happens to him.
May 6, 2017 10:06 PM

Jun 2010
-Great episode :3
Jan 7, 2018 11:53 PM

Sep 2010
Having Saber hang around outside of the school would have been helpful. She can probably easily hop the fence if she senses any magical energy and swoop in to save Shiro. Oh well at least Rider showed up in this episode.
Sep 14, 2018 5:52 AM

Sep 2014
Introducing, once again, Rider. Ahh oh how I miss her ~

A little skirmish between Shirou and Rin but glad to see they made up

WTF face on point haha!
Nov 5, 2018 1:32 PM

Feb 2015
I'm glad this version of Shirou isnt annoying as Studio DEEN's.

Rider's got thighs now?! Oh boy *continuously fans self*
Jan 2, 2019 11:33 AM
Jul 2013
I'm starting to think whole F/SN would be much better if it happened 20 years after the last Holy Grail War. Having fellow high school students meeting years after graduation in a deadly battle instead of yet another fantasy romance comedy.
Jan 11, 2019 6:02 AM

Aug 2017
Shirou needs to be more careful. Rin almost killed him.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 22, 2019 5:35 PM
Aug 2018
Shirou is rather laid back about the fact that there are 5-6 master + 5-6 servants out there that want to kill him.
And Rin announces that she will kill him as if it's nothing. I still can't wrap my mind around the mentality of the people in this story.

So we have families that were mages for generations and then the youngest generation risks to let the whole heritage disappear for the sake of the grail wars.

I think the whole "fight until death" thing of the story makes it ridiculous. One moment it's all super serious, then the characters act all friendly again as if nothing ever happened. They should have limited the killing to the servants.
Once the servant was defeated, you are out and that's it.

And we met the second servant that indirectly said that their masters are cowards.
tr25a3Mar 22, 2019 6:09 PM
Jun 15, 2019 8:04 AM

Dec 2018
All Shirou need to do was protect her so she doesn't kill her, lol.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 8, 2019 6:29 AM

Jan 2015
It felt a bit rushed tbh. But still good.
Sep 22, 2019 6:27 AM

Dec 2014
hmmm finally a truce...now that's more like it... five servants introduced two to go
Nov 1, 2019 11:21 PM

Apr 2018
Shiro finally did something useful
Jan 4, 2020 9:14 AM

Aug 2017
Shirou is officially a dumbass.

Who goes after a servant without his servant?

That is just suicide.
From there, I wanted Shirou dead LMAO. He was asking for it.

And of course Rin Tohsaka saves his ass.
She's literally the only reason Shirou got a chance at life.

Get your shit back together, Shirou!!!!!!!

GOD...THIS INFURIATES ME!!!!

Dec 19, 2020 2:29 AM

Apr 2018
Welp, we finally see Rider for a second I thought she was Assasin based on how she looked but she is indeed Rider.

We caught a glimps of Shinji being Rider's master, so looks like he is in the Holy grail war now.
May 13, 2021 9:17 PM
Oct 2019
through 5 episodes this is nearly a carbon copy of the 2006 fate/stay night series. WOOF. why do people like this one more? i couldn't finish the 2006 version and i'm not going to finish ubw, either. i don't enjoy this

maybe if i hadn't watched some of the 2006 series before starting this i'd have more patience with it. but to rewatch the same scenes all over again is doing nothing but upsetting me. this series is supposed to be better, but so far it's the same

i don't care about any of the characters, either, which is a huge problem. the overall plot is interesting, but the storytelling is not all that exciting

english dub: "toe-SOCK-uh"...cringe

my enjoyment level is a 4 or 5/10, but i think that's partly affected by having watched the 2006 series. so i'll be generous and give this a 6/10. #dropped
Jun 19, 2021 7:14 AM

Jul 2008
Can't be a hero if you're an adult?
Jul 28, 2021 7:00 PM
Jul 2021
I'm enjoying this so far. I like how Shirou has been fighting using his wits and his own talents, showing that while he is a shitty mage, at least he knows how to defend himself a little.

I get that Rin is just saving Emiya because she probably has feeling for him a little, and plot reasons, but it's honestly a smart tactic to take the weakest player, make him stronger but dependent on you, and then kill them last.
Aug 8, 2021 3:40 AM

May 2020
So there's another master at school,and the one who's not coregeous.Good to see another servant which makes it five until now.
Aug 27, 2021 12:13 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh he's soooo dumb! 🤬. "Let's just go to school and have a good old time" Does getting a spear THROUGH the heart and almost dying other times not set the seriousness of the situation you are in yet? No training, and even though she told him ALL kinds of stuff to stay alive, he ignores it all, and then when she attacks him he's blown away. Granted she said she didn't want to kill anyone so I don't understand why she wants to kill people now. But he's got so few brain cells he should be in special education. After the first attack and basically death, he should have woken the F up to what is going on and tried to do something about it.
Jun 14, 2022 8:37 AM
May 2021
Ufotable really added many different Rin expression compare to deen.Almost feels like different character but I still like it.
Jun 17, 2022 3:55 PM
Nov 2020
Damn rider much more sexy here 69x compared to the 2006 version
Aug 4, 2022 10:40 PM

Aug 2018
I knew that girl would go missing or get killed! But maybe I shouldn't pat myself on the back because those cues last episode were anything but subtle.
Nov 14, 2022 5:18 AM

May 2020
kiritsugu is dead???
nooooo

and the new rider got me feeling some kinda way

Pages (19) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.