Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 30, 2017 1:13 PM

Jan 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was a lot better than the others. Had an ok plot, better visuals (in my opinion) and a twist that I didn't expect.

That said, it was still very flawed. The concept of robots taking over is nothing new and nothing is added to make this telling of the story unique. Nothing was very developed but it was ok given the 3:30 runtime (plus a minute for the opening and ending).
Apr 30, 2017 1:18 PM

Mar 2016
So, the machines won against human. First I thought that guy was like a John Connor, but that plot twist... Damn! Now, here's a (silly, perhaps?) question: He's a robot, his wife is a human, how could he have a daughter?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 30, 2017 2:10 PM

Aug 2015
Woah, I have to admit it. This episode was so impressive (at least compared to the others) despite the plot holes. Let's see if they are still on the right track.

P.S.: That ending music is so good.
Apr 30, 2017 2:53 PM

Aug 2016
The future is doomed it sees...

This was a great episode, really liking this anime, imo, it doesn't deserve the score it now has on MAL.
Nanika ga Okashii
Apr 30, 2017 3:09 PM

Sep 2012
best episode so far
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Apr 30, 2017 3:27 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
valoon said:
best episode so far
Agreed, and what's scary is that I feel like eventually something like this might happen lol
Apr 30, 2017 4:02 PM

Jun 2013
....WHAT?

Best episode by far. It's dark and disturbing. This one episode was better than the entire previous season of Yami Shiabi. It's everything you'd want in a show like this. More like this please.
My signature is lame...
Apr 30, 2017 5:56 PM

Jun 2015
Best episode so far. That plot twist at the end was unexpected. Something like this could be possible.
Apr 30, 2017 9:29 PM

Mar 2013
calling it now this anime is the spiritual successor to yami shibai. so many things to talk about in just a 4 minute episode here goes.

1. who waits in a restaurant for 1 hour knowing that no one has been served or even moved?

2. How far did he live, it took him six month's to get home?

3. how the f@#k is he the leader of the survivors?

4. what's with the cheesy alien music? I love it.

5. how did he have a kid if he was a robot?

6. this felt like a twilight zone episode.

7. how long was he infiltrating the human race?

lastly what an amazing episode but now I ask who created them?
Apr 30, 2017 9:33 PM

Mar 2016
I'm getting used to the style of this series and I know none of the stories will be unique or complex so for what it is I guess it was an ok episode. I have to admit I wasn't expecting the guy to be a robot at first so there was a little surprise. We'll have to wait and see what story they tell next week
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Apr 30, 2017 10:03 PM
Jun 2016
This was the most decent episode yet, somewhat unnerving even though the plot twist felt kinda predictable.
Apr 30, 2017 11:00 PM

Dec 2015
Wow ! Nobody is complaining about the diction? For a first-person narration, the voice was horrible ! There were no high and low, no modulation accorded with what's being told.

2/5 I guess his daughter was adopted.

The title made me think about the ennemies in Gandahar

@AI-Anon Yes, it ends up fitting. But this looks more accidental than anything since:
- the tone hasn't varied since the first episode,
- you're supposed to first watch it as a human living in danger.
Rei_IIIMay 1, 2017 4:15 AM
Apr 30, 2017 11:03 PM

Feb 2008
el_morris said:
Damn! Now, here's a (silly, perhaps?) question: He's a robot, his wife is a human, how could he have a daughter?

Well, he's a male Gearperson, so he just used his gearsticles ;)
May 1, 2017 2:32 AM

Feb 2017
Rei366 said:
Wow ! Nobody is complaining about the diction? For a first-person narration, the voice was horrible ! There were no high and low, no modulation accorded with what's being told.

2/5 I guess his daughter was adopted.

The title made me think about the ennemies in Gandahar

He had been watching an immersion game of being back in the past when humans were still alive. They are extinct in his future. He has a robo wife and daughter in his time. I think the dead pan delivery is intentional. It works quite well with the dead uninteresting stories.

This anime has a fatal attraction for me. I can't stop watching even though the episodes get worse. Maybe i just want to see how bad they can really get, or i live in hope of it getting better.
AI-AnonMay 1, 2017 2:36 AM
May 1, 2017 3:03 AM

Apr 2012
Shamalama-ding-dong plot twist
May 1, 2017 7:55 AM
Feb 2017
Just because this episode was better doesn't really say much unfortunately
May 1, 2017 9:18 AM

Sep 2013
Accurate depiction of future japan, cruel robots in human form.
May 1, 2017 10:04 AM

Nov 2016
Now I'm afraid of a robocalypse :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 1, 2017 10:50 AM

Feb 2017
sakamoto-kun said:

I'm more afraid of a Zombie Apocalypse. Robots can rust, wear out, they can be melted and many more things can terminate them. Zombies on the other hand survive everything apart from their brain being destroyed. They don't even drown.

Back to the anime. Everyone else must be seeing a different episode to the one i saw. To me, it was as bad as the others. The only thing quite enjoyable about this series so far has been the art work. But as i have already said, it has a hold over and i can't stop watching.

@sakamoto-kun

Lol, that's true. And if the Robots and Zombies joined forces, that would be doubly scary. Perhaps that should have been one of the stories in the anime. I won't sleep much tonight what with the notion of a Robo/Zom Apocalypse in my head. :)

@sakamoto-kun
Lol. I will either have to get the details of the stockists of these wonderful anti robo/zom underwear or i'll have to borrow yours.
AI-AnonMay 1, 2017 2:01 PM
May 1, 2017 11:15 AM

Nov 2016
AI-Anon said:
sakamoto-kun said:

I'm more afraid of a Zombie Apocalypse. Robots can rust, wear out, they can be melted and many more things can terminate them. Zombies on the other hand survive everything apart from their brain being destroyed. They don't even drown.

Back to the anime. Everyone else must be seeing a different episode to the one i saw. To me, it was as bad as the others. The only thing quite enjoyable about this series so far has been the art work. But as i have already said, it has a hold over and i can't stop watching.

Depending on the situation and your weapons, but I think zombies are easier to kill at least one on one. These robots had some intelligence and in other cases they could be even armed. Tbh both versions of an Apocalypse would be terrible.

@AI-Anon

I think I can sleep in peace, knowing that my anti rob/zom underwear will protect me.
FMmatronMay 1, 2017 1:01 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 1, 2017 2:52 PM

Nov 2013
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:

This was a great episode, really liking this anime, imo, it doesn't deserve the score it now has on MAL.

I agree. I wonder, what some people expected, when they started watching this anime.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
May 1, 2017 3:27 PM

Mar 2016
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:

i really like this series too! it's just not for typical anime fans, i think it's more geared towards ppl who love horror
May 1, 2017 3:56 PM

Feb 2017
TheBigGuy said:

I agree. I wonder, what some people expected, when they started watching this anime.

I suppose i expected this > Genres: Horror, Supernatural

I like the art work, it seems to be it's only saving grace. It's a shame really, i was looking forward to this anime.
May 1, 2017 3:59 PM

Nov 2013
AI-Anon said:
TheBigGuy said:

I like the art work, it seems to be it's only saving grace. It's a shame really, i was looking forward to this anime.

But that's exactly, what it is.
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
May 1, 2017 4:16 PM

Jul 2016
The best episode so far... well, it doesn't say much either because the episodes seem to be too average... but in the end, I liked this one. Overall, I didn't expect that final plot twist but it made the story more entertaining that the previous caps so it was ok.
May 1, 2017 4:49 PM

Jun 2014
TheBigGuy said:
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:

This anime deserves the rating it has. It doesn't matter what people should of expected coming in.... Just because its supposed to be a horror and made like it is means people shouldn't rate it how they perceive it. The show has been more funny than scary and it looks like a pile of crap. Not to mention this episode only had a twist because the the episode had a huge plothole.

May 1, 2017 5:06 PM

Nov 2013
Kagami said:
TheBigGuy said:

This anime deserves the rating it has. It doesn't matter what people should of expected coming in.... Just because its supposed to be a horror and made like it is means people shouldn't rate it how they perceive it. The show has been more funny than scary and it looks like a pile of crap. Not to mention this episode only had a twist because the the episode had a huge plothole.

It seeks to evoke the retro atmosphere of pulp horror stories. And in succeeds in doing that. That people don't know it and don't like that style, doesn't warrant the low rating.

And I'm curious, what is this plothole supposed to be?
May 1, 2017 5:25 PM

Jun 2014
TheBigGuy said:
Kagami said:

It seeks to evoke the retro atmosphere of pulp horror stories. And in succeeds in doing that. That people don't know it and don't like that style, doesn't warrant the low rating.

What? Just because a show "succeeds" in having a quality of the genre or medium its trying to be doesn't mean it isn't crap. The show absolutely looks like a pile of shit and none of the episodes have logical or any direction whatsoever and its made way worse than already known average horror stories from other countries. The show itself isn't even scary anyway. I am sitting here laughing every episode because it fits the bill of so bad its good, but that doesn't mean I won't give it a 1-2 at the end of its run because a bad show deserves a bad rating.

Critically speaking (and heck I'm not even critical most of the time) this show is 10x worse than horror stories from other countries. I'm not going to go easy on it because "its supposed to look like and sound like this".

The plothole happened early on. The robot man was clearly thinking to himself in the first minute and shocked to see the robot men early on. Though, later on he said he tricked the humans so that means he knew all along the robots were all there. If that's the case, why is he narrating and thinking "what's going on!?". It makes no sense and that's why the twist made no sense. If the narrator said they gave him a human mind and made him think he was human, then it wouldn't of been a plothole. It wasn't explained well enough because of the poor direction.
May 1, 2017 5:36 PM

Nov 2013
@Kagami

That's not a plothole. He could be like the human form Cylons of Battlestar Galactica, who thought, that they were humans at first. Or the human man was replaced with a robot later.
May 1, 2017 5:56 PM

Oct 2012
Finally, a good twist! I liked the addendum too. The others just haven't been too scary by sheer predictability. Not that I'm scared, no-sir-ree.
May 1, 2017 5:57 PM

Jun 2014
TheBigGuy said:
@Kagami

That's not a plothole. He could be like the human form Cylons of Battlestar Galactica, who thought, that they were humans at first. Or the human man was replaced with a robot later.

It was a plothole or potentially poor explanation.

The episode's direction is the reason its a plothole or maybe just poor explanation. It contradicts the earlier plot point and their explanation wasn't really an explanation, it just created holes in their story due to the weak direction and time of the episode.
May 1, 2017 6:00 PM

Feb 2017
TheBigGuy said:
AI-Anon said:

In your opinion it well may be that. In my opinion it is not. I appreciate that it is a retro style of pulp horror, but it is not catagorised as retro or pulp. When you see horror stated in the genre information, you expect horror. I would assume the Harem fans would be mystified to start watching an anime stated as harem, only to discover it was a very tame retro story from Weird Tales turned into a tame retro pulp fiction anime. Yes, i know that's a rather bizarre analogy. But if you expect one thing and get it's poorer cousin, you are allowed to be disappointed. The stories are not interesting or even narrated in a way that makes them scary, suspenseful or intriguing. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.You and others like the series, i'm fine with that. I and others dislike it, you and others should be fine with that. You asked a question on what people expected when they they watched this anime, i gave you my reasoning as to why i didn't enjoy it. Others may have entirely different reasons for either dropping the series or giving low scores. I for one never score anything unless i watched the entire series, what would be the point in that. Wow, i apologise for this turning into a novel but my friend has been distracting me with his blethering. How about we agree to disagree on the subject of Sekai no Yami Zukan. :)
May 1, 2017 10:31 PM

Oct 2015
Reminds me of a murder mystery I've read with almost the same plot twist (I) the one who was speaking in the book was the murderer it was nice
May 2, 2017 12:12 AM

Dec 2016
SouthRuizVera said:
The best episode so far... well, it doesn't say much either because the episodes seem to be too average... but in the end, I liked this one. Overall, I didn't expect that final plot twist but it made the story more entertaining that the previous caps so it was ok.

I agree with you, this episode had a plot twist that surprised me. For that reason, I hope that the next episodes will have at least some of this that make you enjoy quite a bit the show.
J-ForeverMay 2, 2017 12:19 AM
May 2, 2017 12:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bad short when a robbot infiltrates in the human resitance in the "Robbot war"!
Weak, boring and boring another xD
May 2, 2017 7:39 PM

Oct 2011
That plot twist omfg
May 5, 2017 3:25 PM
Aug 2016
Am I the only one who thinks the robo's kinda looked like frankenstein's monster?
May 5, 2017 11:32 PM

Apr 2015
WTF this episode,when I watched this episode I felt with a rare feeling.

TheBigGuy said:

A show like yami shibai.
NvraMay 5, 2017 11:37 PM
[url=]
May 6, 2017 7:58 AM

May 2016
Best episode so far. At least there was an interesting plot twist.
May 6, 2017 12:21 PM

Oct 2008
so in the future, no more organics huh...only synthetics...
4/5.

May 8, 2017 7:09 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Just to help others out, I'm pretty sure the guy was a human at first and then became a mechanical being just like his wife and kid did.

There were unnecessary details which could have been used on something else though or just making things more clear.
Honestly though, there isn't much bad I can say about this episode except that the beginning could maybe use a little work. This episode took its idea and followed it through well enough.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 9, 2017 11:00 PM

Aug 2009
AI-Anon said:
TheBigGuy said:

In your opinion it well may be that. In my opinion it is not. I appreciate that it is a retro style of pulp horror, but it is not catagorised as retro or pulp. When you see horror stated in the genre information, you expect horror. I would assume the Harem fans would be mystified to start watching an anime stated as harem, only to discover it was a very tame retro story from Weird Tales turned into a tame retro pulp fiction anime. Yes, i know that's a rather bizarre analogy. But if you expect one thing and get it's poorer cousin, you are allowed to be disappointed. The stories are not interesting or even narrated in a way that makes them scary, suspenseful or intriguing. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.You and others like the series, i'm fine with that. I and others dislike it, you and others should be fine with that. You asked a question on what people expected when they they watched this anime, i gave you my reasoning as to why i didn't enjoy it. Others may have entirely different reasons for either dropping the series or giving low scores. I for one never score anything unless i watched the entire series, what would be the point in that. Wow, i apologise for this turning into a novel but my friend has been distracting me with his blethering. How about we agree to disagree on the subject of Sekai no Yami Zukan. :)

"I appreciate that it is a retro style of pulp horror, but it is not catagorised as retro or pulp."
But it IS categorized as retro and pulp. Read the damn synopsis.
Just because MAL doesn't have pulp or retro tags doesn't mean this show doesn't fall under those 2 categories.

"When you see horror stated in the genre information, you expect horror."
I'm sorry, but what about this series do you not consider horror? It has elements of horror. That's enough to classify it as horror.
Is it that you don't find it scary? Well, scary is very subjective, my friend. You can't say this isn't horror because it doesn't scare you. What doesn't frighten you, might frighten others and viceversa.

Also, your harem analogy makes absolutely no sense

Kagami said:
TheBigGuy said:

What? Just because a show "succeeds" in having a quality of the genre or medium its trying to be doesn't mean it isn't crap. The show absolutely looks like a pile of shit and none of the episodes have logical or any direction whatsoever and its made way worse than already known average horror stories from other countries. The show itself isn't even scary anyway. I am sitting here laughing every episode because it fits the bill of so bad its good, but that doesn't mean I won't give it a 1-2 at the end of its run because a bad show deserves a bad rating.
(...)

Except it does. When a show succeeds at being bad intentionally, then you can't say it has bad direction or writing because they achieved what they were trying to achieve.
Sure, you can't deny it's objectively bad because that's what it was meant to be from the start. But the fact that it was made on purpose gives it a whole other layer that should be taken into account in its criticism. You can't just ignore it.

Also, scary is subjective. Such things should not be taken into account in serious criticism.
Mike_McFlyMay 9, 2017 11:04 PM
May 9, 2017 11:33 PM

Jun 2014
@Mike_McFly - Do you really think this show was created to be bad or are you just trolling? This show WAS NOT made to be bad intentionally. Plus, everything is subjective. You say me calling it not scary isn't serious criticism, but it absolutely is.

May 9, 2017 11:44 PM

Aug 2009
Kagami said:
@Mike_McFly - Do you really think this show was created to be bad or are you just trolling? This show WAS NOT made to be bad intentionally. Plus, everything is subjective. You say me calling it not scary isn't serious criticism, but it absolutely is.

Quick question: Do you know what pulp is?
I'm not saying this was intentionally bad. I'm saying this was meant to resemble pulp fiction.

No, not everything is subjective.
Deciding whether or not something is good based on how scary it is certainly isn't "serious criticism". Personal opinion, at best.
Mike_McFlyMay 9, 2017 11:48 PM
May 9, 2017 11:51 PM

Jun 2014
Mike_McFly said:
Kagami said:

Deciding whether or not something is good based on how scary it is certainly isn't "serious criticism". Personal opinion, at best.
I will take back what I said, but that just supports my claim that this show is garbage and the people defending it have sunk so low to say "its supposed to bad" and "scary is subjective" as a way to deflect the deserved hate for this show.

Not to mention, personal opinion ties into the rating anybody gives a show so yes, its serious criticism. This show is more funny than scary and yes, anything can be subjective.

You guys have absolutely horrible arguments.
May 10, 2017 12:11 AM

Aug 2009
Kagami said:
Mike_McFly said:

I will take back what I said, but that just supports my claim that this show is garbage and the people defending it have sunk so low to say "its supposed to bad" and "scary is subjective" as a way to deflect the deserved hate for this show.

Not to mention, personal opinion ties into the rating anybody gives a show so yes, its serious criticism. This show is more funny than scary and yes, anything can be subjective.

Oh, so you do agree that the stories are meant to be poor, but you still think it's not a valid point, huh?
I think that says a lot.

Huh? Who's talking about rating shows on MAL? Certainly not me.
I'm talking about criticism. Criticism is objective. Critics don't talk about how much they like whatever it is they're reviewing. They talk about things whose quality can be measured.

Again, no, not everything is subjective.
Some things can be seen in a purely objective way (such as writing or directing). Unfortunately for you, "scaryness" isn't one of them. It relies too much on personal experience to even be considered.

But hey, sure. Keep thinking "scary" is valid way to criticize horror.
May 10, 2017 12:17 AM

Feb 2017
Mike_McFly said:
AI-Anon said:

"I appreciate that it is a retro style of pulp horror, but it is not catagorised as retro or pulp."
But it IS categorized as retro and pulp. Read the damn synopsis.
Just because MAL doesn't have pulp or retro tags doesn't mean this show doesn't fall under those 2 categories.

"When you see horror stated in the genre information, you expect horror."
I'm sorry, but what about this series do you not consider horror? It has elements of horror. That's enough to classify it as horror.
Is it that you don't find it scary? Well, scary is very subjective, my friend. You can't say this isn't horror because it doesn't scare you. What doesn't frighten you, might frighten others and viceversa.

Also, your harem analogy makes absolutely no sense

Kagami said:

(...)

Except it does. When a show succeeds at being bad intentionally, then you can't say it has bad direction or writing because they achieved what they were trying to achieve.
Sure, you can't deny it's objectively bad because that's what it was meant to be from the start. But the fact that it was made on purpose gives it a whole other layer that should be taken into account in its criticism. You can't just ignore it.

Also, scary is subjective. Such things should not be taken into account in serious criticism.

Lol. Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed today. I am still watching it, in hope of that one hidden gem. I suppose i am either a glutton for punishment or a glass half full person. I respect your opinion, as i respect everyone who defends a genre or anime that they like. Hope you have a day that fills you with smiles. *Bosies*
May 10, 2017 12:26 AM

Jun 2014
Mike_McFly said:
Kagami said:

Oh, so you do agree that the stories are meant to be poor, but you still think it's not a valid point, huh?
I think that says a lot.

Huh? Who's talking about rating shows on MAL? Certainly not me.
I'm talking about criticism. Criticism is objective. Critics don't talk about how much they like whatever it is they're reviewing. They talk about things whose quality can be measured.

Again, no, not everything is subjective.
Some things can be seen in a purely objective way (such as writing or directing). Unfortunately for you, "scaryness" isn't one of them. It relies too much on personal experience to even be considered.

But hey, sure. Keep thinking "scary" is valid way to criticize horror.
Its not that the stories are poor, its just everything is crap. From direction to how funny it is and if you try to say this show is supposed to make you laugh then you're arguments are even worse off than it first appeared.

I suppose you missed when I said the direction is poor though.

Anyway, you can have your opinion. I will rate this show a 1 or 2 or 3 max and believe it deserves that because nothing about this show is higher than a three for me.

Thats my last post in this thread. This show is worthless to warrant this going on any longer. Shit will be shit.
May 12, 2017 9:27 AM

Feb 2016
Kayro said:
el_morris said:
Damn! Now, here's a (silly, perhaps?) question: He's a robot, his wife is a human, how could he have a daughter?

Well, he's a male Gearperson, so he just used his gearsticles ;)
Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
I think that strangers are just friends you haven't met.

May 15, 2017 1:57 AM

Jan 2013
Oh, so he turned out to be a robot? I didn't expect that, interesting.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sekai no Yami Zukan Episode 13 Discussion

Ranxomare - Jun 25, 2017

35 by bushman66 »»
Nov 12, 2022 5:01 PM

Poll: » Sekai no Yami Zukan Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

el_morris - May 14, 2017

58 by Konekoneko »»
Oct 2, 2022 1:21 PM

Poll: » Sekai no Yami Zukan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alpha_shadow - Apr 2, 2017

90 by Konekoneko »»
Oct 1, 2022 10:17 PM

Poll: » Sekai no Yami Zukan Episode 8 Discussion

JarneW - May 21, 2017

31 by Janethan23 »»
Sep 26, 2022 7:55 PM

Poll: » Sekai no Yami Zukan Episode 3 Discussion

el_morris - Apr 16, 2017

36 by Golanul »»
Apr 8, 2022 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.