Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2017 6:08 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a nice end to the trip with all the seriousness, though the initial trip continues with just two friends.

ED: "Journey's End" by Ingrid Gerdes ~with forcaChoir
tsubasaloverApr 29, 2017 7:31 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 29, 2017 6:22 AM
Jul 2014
Wait what, I forgot it didn't end lol, Taiga just noticed me and my brain just bugged
Apr 29, 2017 6:53 AM

Jun 2011
What the ......? such a weird ending.
Apr 29, 2017 7:03 AM

May 2010
not feeling this ending at all.

6/10 like the game
Apr 29, 2017 7:05 AM

May 2010
So did a lot of time pass at the end or what?
Apr 29, 2017 7:06 AM

Dec 2014
Well it was a decent ending I guess.

Power up Sorey takes down the Lord of Calamity but he has to sacrifice himself or rather hibernate with the Lord of Calamity to purify him completely.

We get a pretty big timeskip showing Alisha and Rose much older and both of them look beautiful. The scene at the lake with both of them looking through the book was nice, Alisha x Rose ftw? XD

There's a new Shepard now?

I guess there was yet another time skip after that to the point where Sorey awakens and him meeting Mikleo again was nice I suppose.

The final scene with Sorey saying "This is the World" was the best and it looked really amazing.
The insert was great. :)

Overall, I'm pretty sure I liked S1 way more than S2, there wasn't as much action in this season and the plot was well okay I guess? Tried to deep or something but didn't really feel that way to me. I was hoping for some Berseria content or a crossover, sadly none of that happened. It was still fairly entertaining I suppose. Can't really compare it to the game cause I never got around to finishing it. :3

7/10 , hope there's a Berseria adaptation some day.
Apr 29, 2017 7:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm a bit confused with the ending......The very end scene with Sorey, was that suppose to mean that it's like waaaay into the future?
Apr 29, 2017 7:13 AM
Jun 2015
Predictable ending :/ so disappointed . and we didn't see Berseria at all . 3/5 for the episode and 3/10 for the show.... season 1 was way better

PS: first season score started 8.5 and ended 7.57 . the second is 7.57 now too and shouldn't even have 6.
This season must be called : TALES OF SHITTERIA
MisanthropianApr 29, 2017 11:01 AM
Apr 29, 2017 7:17 AM

Apr 2014
overall it was more enjoyable than what the game was and even gave a much better ending

but now its over and now im just wanting to know what the next tales of game will be am currently playing tales of Rays as i wait for the next tales of game
"one step at a time"
Apr 29, 2017 7:22 AM
Apr 2017
Yeah, after full month of waiting this was... pretty disappointing. And more shitting on zestiria/berseria lore (talking dragon? Pffff.) I really hoped that, with all time they had, they will do more with animation or script. Or at least i hoped that they will do like A1 done with third season of Wagnaria but no, full length episode with ok fight and lots of talking. Still better than game tho, so plus for that. Overall fine but i've seen better. Still hoping for berseria adaptation.
Apr 29, 2017 7:28 AM

Jul 2012
I guess it was okay (not really). Overall this 2nd season felt very underwhelming, hoped for some improvement after 1st season, but it only got worse ... 6/10
Apr 29, 2017 7:34 AM

Jul 2014
Tokoya said:
I'm a bit confused with the ending......The very end scene with Sorey, was that suppose to mean that it's like waaaay into the future?

It's hard to understand if you didn't play the game but yeah this is several centuries in the future and sorey became a legend in this era

Apr 29, 2017 7:35 AM

Jul 2014
The episode was weak but the fight was epic , the ending was meh nothing so much different than the game

6\10
Apr 29, 2017 7:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Devil_Slayer said:
Tokoya said:

It's hard to understand if you didn't play the game but yeah this is several centuries in the future and sorey became a legend in this era

RIP my SoreyxAlisha ship then :(
Apr 29, 2017 7:46 AM

Jul 2014
Tokoya said:
Devil_Slayer said:

At least you got Alisha x Rose xD
Apr 29, 2017 7:58 AM

Oct 2012
I waited like a month for..this? ...uhhhhhh.. wtf even happened LOL
Glad to see Sorey at the end though. Mikleo is so happy :') Other than eye candy, this was disappointing lol and Eizen at the end???? Just.. uhhhhhhh

Hoping for a Berseria adaption. I need to see best onii-chan.
Apr 29, 2017 8:24 AM

Jul 2013
So, Eizen is starting to regain his consciousness little by little. Considering I thought they would forget about him, I couldn't ask for a better ending than this.
Dat yuri end scene too.
Apr 29, 2017 8:35 AM

Aug 2011
Best part of the whole season was Rose with long hair and yuribait with Alisha.
The rest... damn, and I already thought the game story was weirdly paced to begin with, ufotable just made it worse

And that didn't feel like an ending at all...

» Escapism.

Apr 29, 2017 8:53 AM

Dec 2014
Kenchiin said:
Best part of the whole season was Rose

I would say the same about the game. 10/10 waifu material

Another thing would probably be Edna's song
Apr 29, 2017 8:53 AM

Jun 2015
After weeks of waiting, the finale has arrived. Everyone looked so different afterwards. It was brave of Sorey to sacrifice himself to purify the Lord of Calamity. Decent ending. This season was not as good as the first one, but I still liked it. 6/10
Apr 29, 2017 9:20 AM

Mar 2016
that alisha and rose scene was so nice

aND MIKLEO TALK ABOUT A GLO UP

torn between a 5 or 6/10
Apr 29, 2017 9:27 AM
Aug 2015
Crappy episode, crappy ending... This is definitely the worst game adaptation ever.
Everything was nonsense, and finishing like this with a stupid AlishaxRose and SoreyxMikleo is so stupid. Please ufotable, don't make any Tales of adaptation ever.

The game is so much better!!! I think I'll play it again just to forget the anime. =P
Apr 29, 2017 9:32 AM
Dec 2015
Pretty okay episode, I guess. Get to see lot of characters fulfilling Sorey's wish and carrying on with their lives. Not sure how Sorey got back though tbh and I feel the fight the Lord of Calamity was a bit rushed, for the time we had to wait for the last episode.

The art and music were the highlights though. Gotta love that sunset at the end of the battle before the credits. :D
Apr 29, 2017 9:42 AM

Aug 2015
The second season was disappointing to say the least. This ending was meh, glad to see Sorey back after all that time.
Apr 29, 2017 9:47 AM

Aug 2013
When did Sorey learned how to use the Rasengan?

It was an OK ending. Wasn't expecting much. I just hated the fact that I had to wait an entire month for the episode.

6/10

Devil_Slayer said:
Tokoya said:

That was the one thing I learned from this episode. Ship them.

Apr 29, 2017 9:47 AM

Dec 2012
Best part of the anime is that Journey End played
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Apr 29, 2017 9:57 AM

Jun 2014
Damn, Rose is looking good with long hair. I don't think I'd mind seeing some doujins of her and Alisha.

Anyway, decent final fight (I liked the little mashup they did with this season's ED and the previous season's OP) and a decent finale overall, nothing special really. Sorey and Mikleo reunited and got a happy ending as expected. I think the first season was a bit better than this one, 6/10.

Also that final line: This is......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 29, 2017 10:04 AM

Dec 2012
Zarkraz said:
So did a lot of time pass at the end or what?

Well , Its a game thing .. A lot of time passes (Rose , Alisha and all the humans are dead by the end) And most likely sorey becomes a seraphim in the end (Thats how they interpreted the games ending on steam)

That said this is a 100x better end than the game since it hints that Eizen might turn back and it elaborates on the Games final scene of Sorey and Mikleo ..

Make an OVA on the Reunite of Zaveid and Eizen pls ..

I pretty much enjoyed the final episode , The show itself was above average but I liked the ending so I think the show was very good (I have played both Zestiria and Berseria)

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Apr 29, 2017 10:14 AM

Dec 2013
Probably the worst game adaptation ever.
3/10

thebrentinator24 said:
Damn, Rose is looking good with long hair.

She's basically cosplaying Luke from Tales of the Abyss.

thebrentinator24 said:
Anyway, decent final fight.

Are you kidding me? Heldalf did literally nothing. Ufotable just throw some flashy stuff here and there and call it a day.
Anyway, I agree that game storyline is nothing special (somewhat enjoyable tho). But this? This is pure garbage.

PS: Kondou Hikaru, if you're reading this, then plz kill yourself.
Apr 29, 2017 10:24 AM
Jun 2016
Well the ending is different from the game but i love the anime too but the game's ending got more feeling than this.

WHEN SOREY AND MIKLEO HUG, I'M SO HAPPY! MY OTP IS CANON TILL THE END!!! :"D
Apr 29, 2017 10:26 AM

Nov 2013
meh not sure what i think about this

i didn't want sorey to die on that fight but this ending seems kinda forced...

alisha x rose was nice

i kinda wanted to see more of the girl from berseria tho...
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 29, 2017 10:48 AM

Jan 2014
in order to completely purify, he had to go hibernate along with the lord of calamity into some kind of spirit realm (because I'm sure Sorey couldn't make it if it's normal realm, he will die starving).

as time pass by, it's already a decades that Mikleo grow his hair, but left Sorey untouched since he sealed himself.
he became a legend of Sherperd who purify calamity, which is nice, I was wondering how people would react when they saw Sorey roaming around after a decades.

so, as Sorey awaken, that's mean both his Squire and other people he knows already dead right?

all that being said, I wish there will be Berseria adaptation..
Apr 29, 2017 10:49 AM

May 2016
So it's finally here. The ending .... the best part was that Eizen recognize Edna.
Sorey could be dead and it would be more dramatic. Yuri scene was preety nice but man ... Eizen. I almost cried when i heard his voice. It was like shot in my heart. Still it's 8/10. First season was better. I wonder why they deley this episode.
Apr 29, 2017 11:08 AM
Jun 2015
Abyhape said:
in order to completely purify, he had to go hibernate along with the lord of calamity into some kind of spirit realm (because I'm sure Sorey couldn't make it if it's normal realm, he will die starving).

as time pass by, it's already a decades that Mikleo grow his hair, but left Sorey untouched since he sealed himself.
he became a legend of Sherperd who purify calamity, which is nice, I was wondering how people would react when they saw Sorey roaming around after a decades.

so, as Sorey awaken, that's mean both his Squire and other people he knows already dead right?

lol why after a decade they would die??
Apr 29, 2017 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
Misanthropian said:

lol sorry, I forgot to write "several" in front of "decades". I mean, after watching this episode I thought Sorey takes several decades to purify, like 50 years or more, or maybe close to centuries, since he became a legend and it's already spread through the world.
Apr 29, 2017 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Leo_10 said:

It was an OK ending. Wasn't expecting much. I just hated the fact that I had to wait an entire month for the episode.

6/10

Devil_Slayer said:

It's in the game but the anime skipped over that part , he Learn art called "Lion howl" simliar to Rasengan
Apr 29, 2017 11:29 AM

Sep 2014
Ok I guess this finale was worth the wait. Kinda nice Sorey actually was back and not just "maybe back" cliffhanger open end.
Also alishiaXrose and soreyXmibo confirmed :D

Next they should do berseria, Im really eager to see it. (Im not gonna play any of the games ever anyway ^^)
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 29, 2017 11:29 AM

Jul 2014
Misanthropian said:
Abyhape said:

I am not sure about the anime but in the game he sleep for sseveral centuries "although he sleep with the white dragon not kitty beard " and he become legend over the time , you can see in the anime as well they talk about him as some kind of Legend PLUS Mikelo share the same design as the end of the game that take place several centuries later
Apr 29, 2017 11:41 AM

Mar 2017
Kirie-san said:
Crappy episode, crappy ending... This is definitely the worst game adaptation ever.
Everything was nonsense, and finishing like this with a stupid AlishaxRose and SoreyxMikleo is so stupid. Please ufotable, don't make any Tales of adaptation ever.

The game is so much better!!! I think I'll play it again just to forget the anime. =P

I was thinking the same thing, I'll play it again just to forget that Zestiria has an anime adaptation.

So much wrong in this episode but......................a talking dragon? Meh.

About the fight, I agree with someone said Heldalf did literally nothing, ufotable just throw some flashy stuff here and there and call it a day.

I like the game storyline better, this adaptation is pure garbage. I really hoped for some improvement from 1st season but it only got worse (I like half of the 1st season though).

I would give 6/10 if it wasn't for Sorey wiped Heldalf's ass in 3 minutes and Eizen spoke in dragon form.

4/10.
BlueIsLoveApr 29, 2017 11:49 AM
Apr 29, 2017 12:18 PM

Dec 2013
Journey ends, big bad gets saved and starts afresh. There's another Shepard somehow, and Sorey comes back in the end. Oh and the girls form some sort of young ladies club and make weird foods and read books by the river.

Not to say it wasn't a nice ending, but it feels pretty forced to me. So they managed to purify everything in like a few years time and the original duo get to play around in ruins again. Slow clap. Roll credits.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 29, 2017 12:28 PM

Aug 2013
Devil_Slayer said:
Leo_10 said:

6/10

It's in the game but the anime skipped over that part , he Learn art called "Lion howl" simliar to Rasengan

Thanks for clarifying it for me. I appreciate it.

Apr 29, 2017 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
God bless UFO

The ED Journey's End was beautiful af, my Alisha was too, screw NamBan and HIdeo Baba for fucking up Zestiria, the game wouldn't be such a huge mistake if the game's ending was 1/10 as good as this.

Anyway, this TV series was mediocre in general and only meant for fans of the Zestiria game.
Would request to have a new guy handling the script rather than UFO's prez for the Berseria adaption :v

Gonna buy the final volume of Zestiria then, a promised Happy End is what I deserve, god bless.
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Apr 29, 2017 1:01 PM
Aug 2015
Does anyone know why they took ages to release this?
I was kind of dissapointed at the end, I really wanted him to meet with all his mates :(
Apr 29, 2017 1:06 PM

Sep 2015
Time skip like 1 year or 2? how long after Sorey got sealed inside earth??
Into the Internet!
Apr 29, 2017 1:07 PM

Jan 2014
AmnesiA-chan said:
Does anyone know why they took ages to release this?
I was kind of dissapointed at the end, I really wanted him to meet with all his mates :(

IIRC some event came up to show on the TV so they were required to reschedule it.

Well Sorey did reunion with Mikleo, not bad as an ending I'll say
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Apr 29, 2017 1:24 PM

Dec 2014
ZBlastHistory said:
Time skip like 1 year or 2? how long after Sorey got sealed inside earth??

You mean, when did Sorey come back? It's not explained in the game; but centuries at most and several decades at best. In the anime definitely centuries if not millennia.
AnathorApr 29, 2017 1:28 PM
Apr 29, 2017 1:28 PM

Sep 2015
Dam this last episode had super great visuals not gonna complain about it being delayed. Awesome ending and rip im gonna be sad that I wont see any more Edna ;-;
Apr 29, 2017 1:36 PM

Aug 2013
All I have to say is that at least the music was good. 6/10 for this show.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 29, 2017 1:42 PM

Jan 2009
oh man Mikleo wins the best girl for Sorey in the end lol

Alisha is still best girl or best queen though

and oh yeah evil/malevolence is needed for humans to grow but just reasonable amount is needed since too much will become destructive

so glad that Sorey understand that fact and not going "im gonna get rid of all evil/malevolence in the world!"
degApr 29, 2017 2:56 PM
Apr 29, 2017 1:43 PM

Sep 2015
Anathor said:
You mean, when did Sorey come back? It's not explained in the game; but centuries at most and several decades at best. In the anime definitely centuries if not millennia.

Centuries? but Alisha and Rose are not grany
did i forgot some detail?
Into the Internet!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

93 by LeonhartAugust »»
Aug 16, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2017

95 by LeonhartAugust »»
Aug 16, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

93 by Sasutaschi »»
Aug 6, 2023 12:55 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

72 by Dawizz »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:05 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2017

85 by Dawizz »»
Nov 16, 2022 12:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.