Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 3 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 28, 2017 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As much as the characters are presented, it looks like Aiz is still the one that commands a decent amount of attention in this show. The yuri delusions are still recurring (I wonder how many of those will we'll see each episode..)

I'm still not feeling at some of the pacing between this episode but it did get to the more tense action parts in the second half.

As far as Lefiya, I think she actually has potential as a character. It'll just take time to fully show it.
Apr 28, 2017 9:48 AM

Apr 2010
Refia finally showing her true ability which was nice.
And Ais was owning as well it was a nice episode which lot's of action.
Seems more forces are on the move than expected and the flower monster was certainly a hand full.
I guess we have lot's to look forward to.
Apr 28, 2017 11:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Pretty good action oriented episode but one thing I will say is that if Lefiya acts more like how she did at the end of the battle, then I'll start to tolerate her a lot more, but regardless, I liked the small development that she got

Apr 28, 2017 11:46 AM

Dec 2014
Who are you and what did you do to Lefiya?
I hope that getting almost killed was enough to develop her character a bit. The first half was basically a repetition of the past two episodes, much better second half with some actual action too.
At this point I sort of gave up on seeing Aiz becoming the MC like I thought it was going to be from the name/premise of the series :(
Apr 28, 2017 12:04 PM

Jun 2015
Got to see some action this time. Lefiya finally did something useful. I still don't tolerate her as a character though. At least she got some development. Ais did good. She can still fight, even with a broken sword. Saving Lefiya as usual.
Apr 28, 2017 12:08 PM

Jun 2010

"It was at that moment... That Lefiya could see Aiz's panties... She knew... It had be WORTH IT."
Apr 28, 2017 12:19 PM

Apr 2016
I liked this episode. Lefiya started to show that she can fight..The story is getting interesting.. 8/10 so far

Apr 28, 2017 12:21 PM

Dec 2012
So bad. Why the fuck is Lefiya the main character? Wasn't this supposed to be watched from Aiz's pov?

I'll be so fucking disappointed if Lefiya continues to be the focus for the rest of the season
Apr 28, 2017 12:26 PM

Apr 2016
neonie said:

"It was at that moment... That Lefiya could see Aiz's panties... She knew... It had be WORTH IT."

Actually she didn't saw panties :P

Apr 28, 2017 12:32 PM

Jun 2010
joshua10red said:
neonie said:

Huh, weird. I can't find that shot on the one I have. That's a bummer, and also my joke no longer works, lol. :c.

tirafesi said:
So bad. Why the fuck is Lefiya the main character? Wasn't this supposed to be watched from Aiz's pov?

I'll be so fucking disappointed if Lefiya continues to be the focus for the rest of the season

Aiz can't have a PoV because she has no thoughts. She's more of a robot than Aoba from, "New Game!"
Apr 28, 2017 12:40 PM

Apr 2016
neonie said:
joshua10red said:

Huh, weird. I can't find that shot on the one I have. That's a bummer, and also my joke no longer works, lol. :c.

lol .. is very hard to find it..It shows for a very short time...i saw it at first :P.You can find the shot at 19:09

Dec 2012
neonie said:
joshua10red said:

tirafesi said:

Aiz can't have a PoV because she has no thoughts. She's more of a robot than Aoba from, "New Game!"

Did you even read the manga? That's the whole point. The manga shows her inner thoughts, thing the anime is ignoring in prol of showing the other girls's thoughts lol

Apr 2016
Lefiya lefiya lefiya... enough already! We want Aiz not this lesbian lefiya!

"If it made you happy, then everything’s okay."
- Haruka Kasugano

Apr 28, 2017 12:42 PM

Apr 2016
tirafesi said:

Totally agree with that! Who cares about this lefiya...

"If it made you happy, then everything’s okay."
- Haruka Kasugano

Apr 28, 2017 12:44 PM

Jun 2010
tirafesi said:

Did you even read the manga? That's the whole point. The manga shows her inner thoughts, thing the anime is ignoring in prol of showing the other girls's thoughts lol

Er... It started as an LN, which I own. But, yes, I get your point. :P. I was just taking a shot at her because of her over aloof nature.

joshua10red said:

lol .. is very hard to find it..It shows for a very short time...i saw it at first :P.You can find the shot at 19:09

Oh! Yep! There it is! Well at that a bitch! Lol.
Apr 28, 2017 1:22 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good episode. Crosses some of the events from the original which is always nice and i lol'd at the girls wanting an indirect kiss from Aiz.
Apr 28, 2017 1:25 PM
Jun 2015
At this rate i think lefiya will be raped at the last episode and it's how ends up a pathetic spin off
Apr 28, 2017 1:35 PM

Aug 2013
Apart from Lefiya's small character development, the episode was meh.

neonie said:

Great observation. I didn't even realised it.

Apr 28, 2017 1:43 PM

Jun 2014
Well Lefiya finally did something. Hopefully that continues to be the case going forward.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 28, 2017 1:52 PM

Dec 2013
tirafesi said:

It's the adaptation of the source material (LN), you moron.
Not like you'd expect anything from a guy with Kirito avatar.

thebrentinator24 said:
Well Lefiya finally did something. Hopefully that continues to be the case going forward.

Whatever. Lefiya is cute either way!
Apr 28, 2017 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
It kinda sucks to go against a tough monster and you don't have your best weapon at your disposal. >_<

Either way, Lefiya did take a beating during the battle, but she thankfully got herself back up and unleashed a rather impressive ice spell to finish the monster off. It's good that she's got some character development here, so I hope she'll keep this progression going for the rest of the series.

All in all, it was a good episode with it being light-hearted in the first half, then filled with suspense and good o' action in the second half.

@Kamiyan3991 Tirafesi got his facts wrong, which you were right to criticise, but his avatar has nothing to do with his post..... unless you're being sarcastic, which on the internet, I'm not good at knowing the difference most of the time. -__-

Still, I do agree that Lefiya is cute though. =)
Apr 28, 2017 2:25 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode.

I like how both Loki and Lefiya are excited about getting an indirect something-something from Ais. xD

Glad to see Lefiya stepping up her game. Her magic was really cool. We've got a plot brewing in the sides I suppose.
Apr 28, 2017 2:56 PM

Feb 2013
tirafesi said:

Yes, totally agree with you... I couldn't careless about her...
Apr 28, 2017 3:30 PM
Apr 2017
The issue with this spinoff is they are from what I've been told cutting all the internal dialogue, her reason to be strong and just shoved Lefyia in for people to oggle over and make waifu comments over. This spinoff isn't very good because of these reasons imo.
Apr 28, 2017 3:33 PM

Dec 2015
Wow Lefiya wasn't completely useless this time around.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 28, 2017 3:34 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was boring as shit

Replacing Bell and Hestia with Lefiya and Ais is ruining the charm the original had so badly. Such a disappointment thus far :/
Apr 28, 2017 3:47 PM
Jul 2015
I don't get why they wasting time with this series instead of using that time for the second season. This whole series is such a waste and Lefiya is one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen.
Apr 28, 2017 4:25 PM

May 2015
This show is honestly losing its touch.... Quite disappointing, really.

Apr 28, 2017 4:27 PM
Jun 2015
The only way for this show score to jump to 7.5 is that lefiya got raped by some billions of minotaures then killed burned at the stake :D
MisanthropianApr 28, 2017 4:38 PM
Apr 28, 2017 4:50 PM

Jul 2015

For those who read the novel, do I have any hopes to see Ais taking the lead? If not, it is an easy drop.

Apr 28, 2017 4:52 PM

Feb 2009
I kinda agree at first I was stoked to have a series with Aiz as the main character but this lesbian weakling elf we're getting instead is a slap in the face every week.

Granted I'm glad that at least she was chosen to join the Familia for a reason, I like the nickname "Thousand Elf", I just still don't like Lefiya.

Apr 28, 2017 4:58 PM

Oct 2010
Loving how I seem to like every one of the aspects of this show that mosta y'all complain about.

Guess it'll be fun to see what Freya did with Bell when I eventually watch the other season :D
Apr 28, 2017 5:32 PM
Nov 2012
This show be great w/o fangirl

And by the law of shows like this, is she hidden OP /zz
Apr 28, 2017 5:33 PM

Jun 2010
*Sigh* cant believe the day would come that I would feel betrayed like manga purists do each season.

Sword Oratoria is meant to be even better than the original story but for some reason the director rather give us some pseudo-yuri moe shit rather than what really matters in the story ... Aiz's perspective.

I guess once we get an arc that doesn't have Lefiya in it we'll just be bombarded with bonus fan service to make up for the lacking "cuteness"

Glad i read the manga before watching this abomination or i would have said this spinoff was shit, dropped it and missed out.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Apr 28, 2017 5:50 PM

Dec 2012
Dropped, this show sucks.
Apr 28, 2017 5:51 PM

Sep 2016
For now, this thing is shaping up to be even worse than the main series.

All the yuri fangirling around Aiz feels forced and unnatural. The indirect kiss meme is so old and stale it doesn't even make me grin anymore. Even the final spellcasting bout kinda fell flat.

4/10, I wonder why I'm still watching it. I guess I'll drop it if next episode fails to showcase any improvement.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Apr 28, 2017 5:59 PM

Jul 2016
OK episode. At least lefiya could do something useful after almost get killed by that thing but almost all the first half was so boring... I hope if lefiya is still consider as the MC, the next episodes could give her more character development.
Apr 28, 2017 6:15 PM

Jul 2016
nerdokingoftrash said:
For now, this thing is shaping up to be even worse than the main series.

All the yuri fangirling around Aiz feels forced and unnatural. The indirect kiss meme is so old and stale it doesn't even make me grin anymore. Even the final spellcasting bout kinda fell flat.

4/10, I wonder why I'm still watching it. I guess I'll drop it if next episode fails to showcase any improvement.

The indirect kiss meme was so stupid in my opinion and I hope lefiya could focus more on her spells instead of receiving a kiss from Aiz. We will see in the next episodes how it continues.

I will give it another chance or maybe two (I don't know either why I'm still watching it... maybe because i don't like having things unfinished)
Apr 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Oct 2015
So they decided to cut the budget and ended up with shitty animation, I know yuri bait is meta but holy crap it done so badly here. Well and why would they force an annoying char as the MC instead of Aiz, it was a good chance to get a better look into Aiz and her past.

Pretty much a waste of episode... the director should get fired for making such a poor adaptation. Come on...
Apr 28, 2017 7:24 PM

May 2015
I really liked this episode... I hope the reaming episode focus on the action & behind the scene sub-plot like this one and showcase more members of the Loki Familia and less of Lefiya delusions... pretty please!

tirafesi said:

This...

Apr 28, 2017 7:30 PM

Dec 2016
The kind of shitty part about a spinoff that is directly intertwined with the original series is that nothing huge and crazy can really happen/surprise us, as well as no really major character progression, especially for Aiz.

On the other hand tho... YAY LEFIYA!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 28, 2017 7:33 PM
Mar 2017
wtf...?! did they just play the theme of "Last of the Mohicans" when the elf girl stood up? :O
Apr 28, 2017 7:35 PM

Apr 2010
Lefiya getting knocked the fuck out was the highlight of the season so far.
Apr 28, 2017 7:55 PM

Dec 2015
I don't know why, but the last part when Lefiya was casting magic against the plant monsters for a second time and she just kept talking on and on then the spell took forever after her never-ending speech during an intense battle annoyed the shit out of me and I'm not an impatient person. I was just thinking the whole time your friends are struggling here and its speech time before you cast a friggin spell that already takes long enough to cast to begin with... shutup jeez. I will give this to her though that the spell was cool and its bad ass that she can cast 1000 spells. It's a shame that she is such a bitch baby about it though, that special skill should have gone to a worthwhile spellcaster.

Also, adding on to a point someone said before, how the hell did she get level 3 and is still acting like she never fought before? It doesn't make sense to me, she had to kill monsters before this whether in a party or solo to get those levels, so why the hell does she suck so much at using magic -_-.
Apr 28, 2017 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm, decent episode, just nothing interesting happening.
Apr 28, 2017 9:41 PM

Jan 2011
Not gonna lie was pumped for the focus being on Aiz but so far it's shifted towards Lefiya being a replacement bell :/ and not even a good one at that.

also doesn't help that she has powerful spells but her incarnations take like 20mins to cast makes you wonder how she even got to that level using slow spells without the help of everyone covering her ass.

welp the OP hinted a bigger things to come so maybe they switch to focusing on Aiz later on
Apr 28, 2017 9:58 PM
Oct 2007
Magic casting process is always so cool to watch with amazing animation!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2017 10:38 PM

Jan 2013
Whoa whoa whoa... seriously anime? NOW you thought of having a plot?

You pushed your boob jokes up our faces for two episodes with 7 in the first and 16 in the second (yes, I counted them) and now you didn't do one in the third episode? Did you fire your writers or something?!!
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Apr 28, 2017 10:44 PM

Jan 2013
Not what I was expecting. Dropped it.
Apr 28, 2017 10:45 PM

Dec 2013
To be fair, we're only starting to get into the story here, so I feel like Aiz's lack of inner monologues as of this point really don't affect things THAT much.

What's more interesting is when the path of the original story begins to somewhat deviate from this one, that's when Aiz will finally step up. The fact that Freya has no idea that Dionysus is planning something, much less what he's even planning, is making for a more interesting plot than the original. More gods doing shady stuff makes for more plotlines coming up.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

70 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

136 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

84 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

86 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.