Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
Sep 14, 2015 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
shirou's an enjoyable MC in UBW but hes lame as fuck in fate. he aint got shit on kiritsugu though, way more unique and way more unpredictable.

>referencing noncanon shitty adaptations despite the fact that Zero is part of true canon that is VN and not shit-show that is ufoubw
TOPKEK

By the time of prologue, Shirou is already far more complex and grown up character than manchild Kerry(not my words, the authors themselves define Kerry as "child who never grew up")

That's hilarious to honest. From what we know about Shirou's ideals and ultimate fate, if Kerry is a man child, Shirou is the biggest idiot to ever live by repeating his very mistakes. If ufo fucked up Shirou's portrayal that bad in the anime, I'm very interested as to how Shirou is much better in the VN.
Sep 14, 2015 6:25 PM

May 2014
JayBlue said:
That's hilarious to honest. From what we know about Shirou's ideals and ultimate fate, if Kerry is a man child, Shirou is the biggest idiot to ever live by repeating his very mistakes. If ufo fucked up Shirou's portrayal that bad in the anime, I'm very interested as to how Shirou is much better in the VN.
Shirou in UBW is able to compromise on his ideals and does not end up like Archer or Kerry so I don't see how he's the biggest idiot ever
Sep 21, 2015 1:40 AM

Jul 2007
JayBlue said:
CookingPriest said:

>referencing noncanon shitty adaptations despite the fact that Zero is part of true canon that is VN and not shit-show that is ufoubw
TOPKEK

By the time of prologue, Shirou is already far more complex and grown up character than manchild Kerry(not my words, the authors themselves define Kerry as "child who never grew up")

There's no "ultimate fate" for Shirou.

And Shirou versions we follow in the three routes all avoid the fate you are talking about.

UBW Shirou NEVER

By the start of prologue, Shirou already knows the things that Kerry was FORCED to learn by the end of Zero, he knows his ideal is impossible and he fully knows the contradiction of only being able to save those you chose to. And he did not need the world to slap him in the face with reality to learn it, unlike Kerry, who remained hypocritical and ignorant till the end when the world crushed his hopes.
AhenshihaelSep 21, 2015 1:44 AM
Oct 13, 2015 7:23 AM

Dec 2012
This show is a joke 7/10
Why Gilgamesh can't block Saber's Noble Phantasm?

Oct 22, 2015 11:19 AM

Feb 2011
Whenever Kajiura Yuki's music plays it gets me everytime T.T especially during the sad scenes of course.
Oct 25, 2015 6:20 PM

May 2014
GosuGian said:

Why Gilgamesh can't block Saber's Noble Phantasm?
He wasn't expecting it, and his armor is already strong enough to withstand most of its power
Nov 6, 2015 6:27 AM

May 2013
Ah, well it took me 2 years to finally watch this show, after being on my plan-to-watch for so long. The last time I did a review like this was when I watched Clannad: After Story over 2 years ago, which as of now is my favorite anime. Fate/Zero is a masterpiece. No doubt about it. The story well passed my expectations. Everything about it was good, the pacing, the consistency, the overall structure of the series, everything was amazing. The soundtrack felt like an orchestra playing live from heaven right into my ears. Sasuga Yuki Kajiura, in saying that I do feel that Fate/Stay night had a better soundtrack overall and were more memorable. The openings weren't bad, but they weren't astounding. Still good though. The characters, possibly the best part about this series, well at least for me. Kiritsugu Emiya; one of the most interesting,intriguing, fun-to-watch characters I have ever seen in anime, and defintley is one of my all time favorite anime characters. I feel that every servant in Fate/Zero were ALOT more enjoyable than the ones present in Fate/Stay night. While Saber was probably the most fun to watch fight, the best servant would probably have to be Rider. The chemistry and relationship between him and Waver was extremely entertaining to watch, and had me at times just forgetting about the rest of the main plot and laughing at the conversations they were having. Animation in Fate/Zero can't possibly get any better, almost flawless art work but none other than Ufotable to pull that off.

This series was a fun ride and I am deeply saddened that it's over :(

Tfw you know it will be a while till you see another series this good :(

10/10 Masterpiece. Incredible story, interesting and in-depth characters, godlike OST and eye melting animation. Makes this anime almost near perfect. Well... time for UBW!
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Nov 7, 2015 2:22 AM

Jul 2007
Sneako said:
Makes this anime almost near perfect. Well... time for UBW!

> watching a prequel that spoils every single plotline before the actual main franchise

GG.
Dec 5, 2015 9:49 AM

Aug 2014
Too bad this was a Prequel to a bad Sequel .. so that means it won't be a completed ending .

Doesn't Matter i think i'll forgive this .

Animation : 12/10 > yea lol above 10/10 , the animation was really extraordinary , one of the best if not the best i've seen .

Art - 9/10 : very good

Sound : 10/10 - amazing sounds , watching this with a stereo headphones really give a great atmosphere , also nice OST .

Story : 7.5/10 I was never interested in Magic&Sword anime , but this one did it in an awesome way , great plot twists and overall nice story , however i couldn't care so much for the grail ( found it to be somehow silly ) also incomplete ending :( .

Characters : 8/10 - Very good characters , i loved Saber , and i liked Kiritsugu and Kirei , Gilgamesh .

Enjoyment : 10/10 - Doesn't need explanation imo .

Value: 7/10 .

Overall : 9/10

Great Series , loved the 1st season so much , however i feel a bit sad because i watched Fate/Stay night about 5 years ago and i already know most of what happens , also i hate Shirou ( feels like stay night is a kid show ) .

In Conclusion - Fate/Zero is an excellent anime series , ( for now it will be one of my favorites ) .

:D
Jan 21, 2016 6:46 AM
Jul 2015
Kariya essentially being cast to his death by Sakura really stung... What a little bitch.
Jan 21, 2016 1:55 PM

Dec 2015
PolarKoala said:
Kariya essentially being cast to his death by Sakura really stung... What a little bitch.

Yeah, a 6yo girl sold by her family, brainwashed and tortured by worms is really an insensitive bitch...

:v
Jan 21, 2016 2:45 PM
Jul 2015
Xarvon said:
PolarKoala said:

Yeah, a 6yo girl sold by her family, brainwashed and tortured by worms is really an insensitive bitch...

:v

That's what I'm getting at, yes.
Jan 21, 2016 4:34 PM

Jul 2007
PolarKoala said:

Dude went into a war just so he can have an excuse to kill a person he hates and NTR that person's wife(who regarded Kariya as nothing more than a friend). In the end he ended up causing her enough brain damage that she will spend few years drooling with RIn having to take care of her and then will die.

I feel absolutely no sympathy for person like that.
Jan 22, 2016 8:07 PM
Feb 2010
Amazing ending, at the end it still remains that Waver and Rider are the most touching Master/Servant pair up to the very end.
Mar 6, 2016 6:14 PM

Jun 2013
It was a good show but a bit overrated. It really picked towards the last few episodes. The best part of this show is definitely the animations and designs. There wasn't much action and the plot was okay but it was nice to see the back-story of the main characters especially Kiritsugu. Even Kariya's tragic end was sad. His unrequited love for Aoi and his sacrifice to save Sakura made it even more sad to see his demise.

Now the show did lack some good fights. I mean the most action is in the last few episodes and even that felt rushed. As for the characters I kinda liked Saber in FSN probably because of Shirou. But began to dislike her because of how her outdated self-righteous ideals of chivalry, honor and pride clashed with Kiritsugu's realistic and practical beliefs and the fact that she is inferior to other servants and would've been dead after her fight with Lancer if not for the plot.

Overall 7/10
Mar 7, 2016 10:41 AM

Jul 2007
FatalGaze said:
But began to dislike her because of how her outdated self-righteous ideals of chivalry, honor and pride clashed with Kiritsugu's realistic and practical beliefs and the fact that she is inferior to other servants and would've been dead after her fight with Lancer if not for the plot.

THat's because Saber is OOC for most of Zero. In terms of beliefs she was pretty much like Kiritsugu in her life, which is why she should be clashing with him. Saber was written as chivalry spouting bullshit instead because Gen Urobuchi has to have at least one idiotically idealistic character and he admitted he had no idea how to write Saber.
Apr 11, 2016 10:04 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A very engrossing series. This is the first of any Fate anime that I have seen and most of it wasn't very hard to follow. By the end, I really didn't have a strong attachment to any of the characters so all the deaths and betrayals were just plot developments that added to the whole. I did like the CG that was done and the music was on point. At this juncture, I have no clue if any of the other Fate anime would be worth watching...hmmmm. Final score: 9/10
Apr 22, 2016 9:45 AM

Dec 2015
Catalyze said:
A very engrossing series. This is the first of any Fate anime that I have seen and most of it wasn't very hard to follow. By the end, I really didn't have a strong attachment to any of the characters so all the deaths and betrayals were just plot developments that added to the whole. I did like the CG that was done and the music was on point. At this juncture, I have no clue if any of the other Fate anime would be worth watching...hmmmm. Final score: 9/10

I'd suggest you to give UBW a try. Just keep in mind that:

1) It's not meant to be Fate/Zero 2
2) It has a different author, a different tone, a different focus and different messages compared to F/Z
3) Being the adaptation of one route (= storyline of the original visual novel) out of three, UBW is not a complete story. If you feel like something is missing, it's most likely explained in another route. If a character didn't get enough screen time, they will in another route (namely the upcoming Heaven's Feel movie trilogy)

If you watch it with the right expectations, you should be fine and have some good time. =)
Apr 23, 2016 5:22 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Thanks to all of you for the kind suggestions!! Folks like you really help a lot of us out who don't quite know what/where to go with a large or complicated franchise.
Apr 23, 2016 6:39 PM
Jul 2015
Fai said:
UBW Shirou NEVER
I know this is is from half a year ago but I have to comment this. You are partially wrong. It is obvious that UBW Shirou can't become FSN Archer, but at the end of UBW, still exists the possibility of Shirou making a pact with Alaya and becoming a counter guardian. He would have a different way of thinking than the "real" Archer, but this wouldn't create a paradox, because this Shirou cannot end being summoned by Rin at the beginning of F/SN. He would end on a diferent parallel world in the case of being summoned as a servant. The Archer on Fate/extra or the one in Kaleid are different ones from FSN Archer.

So yes, Shirou at the end of UBW can become Archer, in the same way Fate (obviously) and HF ones also can.

May 8, 2016 5:47 PM

Nov 2015
[Re-watch | BD version]

I do not regret a word: This is a masterpiece

I really shed tears again. Arthuria's ending, Weaver's ending, and Kiritsugu's ending...
The moment when Kiritsugu dies... when he can rest in peace, leaving all behind... oh god... poor Kiritsugu.

I really do not regret a thing, this is a masterpiece and I give it again a 10/10.
How this story played with my emotions, thrilled me, made me feel anger, sorrow, happiness... I do respect this material. It is amazing how Gen Urobuchi could make this work of art within the Fate universe. Yes, it is a sad ending, but what an ending... it's kind of poetic, it's like the beautiful out in the darkness. I do not even know how to describe it...

My opinion regarding FSN:
[It does not contain spoilers about FSN plot, but I write about how characters are]

While I hated the -Fate- route, and Deen's Fate/Stay Night (2006) I do recommend reading the -Fate- route of the VN just for the information I said it has. You are free to discard everything else you don't like, odds are that you'll like more Unlimited Blade Works (I did enjoy it, A LOT more than -Fate-)

Thank you for reading this far if you did, cheers! =)
May 8, 2016 6:09 PM

Sep 2014
HDarkmantis said:
[Re-watch | BD version]

I do not regret a word: This is a masterpiece

I really shed tears again. Arthuria's ending, Weaver's ending, and Kiritsugu's ending...
The moment when Kiritsugu dies... when he can rest in peace, leaving all behind... oh god... poor Kiritsugu.

I really do not regret a thing, this is a masterpiece and I give it again a 10/10.
How this story played with my emotions, thrilled me, made me feel anger, sorrow, happiness... I do respect this material. It is amazing how Gen Urobuchi could make this work of art within the Fate universe. Yes, it is a sad ending, but what an ending... it's kind of poetic, it's like the beautiful out in the darkness. I do not even know how to describe it...

My opinion regarding FSN:
[It does not contain spoilers about FSN plot, but I write about how characters are]

While I hated the -Fate- route, and Deen's Fate/Stay Night (2006) I do recommend reading the -Fate- route of the VN just for the information I said it has. You are free to discard everything else you don't like, odds are that you'll like more Unlimited Blade Works (I did enjoy it, A LOT more than -Fate-)

Thank you for reading this far if you did, cheers! =)
you gonna watch kara no kyoukai again next? lol

F/Z is not suppose to have any sort of "sequel" in the sense that you're looking for. i personally prefer it to be it's thing.
May 8, 2016 6:19 PM

Nov 2015
Maloghurst said:

F/Z is not suppose to have any sort of "sequel" in the sense that you're looking for. i personally prefer it to be it's thing.

Jajaja It's too soon to rewatch Kara no Kyoukai but I will! I think I'll do it after I read the novel, I think that would be a sensible choice, don't you agree?

Regarding a Zero sequel, well, I wrote that because the first time I watched Zero those were my feelings, and I was really crushed when I watched FSN xD I was sad jaja.
In the present, I see Zero as it's own thing (even Gen and Nasu agree on this). Yes, it's a prequel, but it is also it's own story, and the tone, writing, and development of the story tells you exactly that. But, even now I can't help to think in a Fate/ where Kerry does not die, oh, everything would be so different. He wouldn't be the MC of course, he would be like 45 or something, but he would make a difference... I'll stop here xD jajaja. (I kinda got something like that in Fate/Accel Zero Order I guess, but anyway, I need to shut up now)

Anyway, thanks for reading!
May 8, 2016 7:10 PM

Sep 2014
HDarkmantis said:
Maloghurst said:

Jajaja It's too soon to rewatch Kara no Kyoukai but I will! I think I'll do it after I read the novel, I think that would be a sensible choice, don't you agree?

Regarding a Zero sequel, well, I wrote that because the first time I watched Zero those were my feelings, and I was really crushed when I watched FSN xD I was sad jaja.
In the present, I see Zero as it's own thing (even Gen and Nasu agree on this). Yes, it's a prequel, but it is also it's own story, and the tone, writing, and development of the story tells you exactly that. But, even now I can't help to think in a Fate/ where Kerry does not die, oh, everything would be so different. He wouldn't be the MC of course, he would be like 45 or something, but he would make a difference... I'll stop here xD jajaja. (I kinda got something like that in Fate/Accel Zero Order I guess, but anyway, I need to shut up now)

Anyway, thanks for reading!
sounds like a plan
i understand those feelings. I myself started with F/Z then immediately jumped into F/SN 2006. it was painful. i thne later looked into it and found this expansive world setting and ended up a fan. i personally didnt care for kiritsugu much during my first run through of F/Z. took me until F/SN to appreciate his character. Saber as well to a lesser extent..but overall loved F/Z.
Jun 2, 2016 3:44 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was not the end I expected, and not that I wanted, so I was surprised, both positively and negatively. I liked it better the first season.

--
No era el final que esperaba, tampoco el que deseaba, así que me ha sorprendido, tanto positivamente como negativamente. Me gustó más la primera temporada.
Jul 29, 2016 3:56 PM

Jun 2016
Such an adventure it was.
In the end, Kiritsugu had to give up on his dream, and Grail is not something omnipotent nor it can perform miracles, such a waste.
Aug 15, 2016 12:03 PM

Dec 2012
So what exactly provoked the grail destroying everything? I guess Saber couldn't destroy it so it got mad?

I also didn't understand why Kiritsugu rejected the grail, he could have wished for something else, or simply brought it back to the einzberns? UBW anime explains the grail is just a bunch of curses, but I'm still unsure of this reasoning.

This was significantly better than UBW anime adaptation though, so it gets a 9/10.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Aug 23, 2016 3:16 PM

Jul 2007
Infatuate said:
So what exactly provoked the grail destroying everything? I guess Saber couldn't destroy it so it got mad?

Saber destroyed the lesser grail, since they did now know about the Greater Grail. Without lower grail all the mud fell onto the town burning down anything and everything it touches.

In this case saving the world meant destroying the grail and causing this. Kerry simply got to experience and see the "few" sacrificed to save "many" on far bigger scope than ever.

I also didn't understand why Kiritsugu rejected the grail, he could have wished for something else, or simply brought it back to the einzberns? UBW anime explains the grail is just a bunch of curses, but I'm still unsure of this reasoning.

The mind-journey he had shows why.

There are two reasons.
1. Grail due to the taint, twists anything and everything into "kill people". This is apt albeit comical explanation of how it works
2. Even if grail worked as it should it can only achieve things via means the user knows already. Which would mean that Kerry's wish can only be achieved the way it showed kiritsugu, since "killing few to save many" is all that Kerry knows. It literally spelled out how hypocritical and bullshit Kerry's methods are.
3. Since Kiritsugu literally sacrificed everyone he loved for his blind trust in his hypocritical wish, he would have absolutely no motivation to do anything else with it anyway.

Also Grail is not bunch of curses. Its literally a huge container of mana big enough to make anything you want happen as long as you know how.
AhenshihaelAug 23, 2016 3:24 PM
Aug 27, 2016 8:23 PM

Mar 2015
Decent anime. I just still don't forgive the art flaws. Unforgivable.
Sep 7, 2016 5:28 AM

Jun 2016
Wow, so this brings things full circle, and ends my FSN VN>UBW>FZ marathon. I was hoping FZ would answer a couple of questions of mine, but it didn't:

1) Why did Kiritsugu die off so quickly?
2) Why did the clocks in the Tohsaka mansion rewind by exactly one hour during the prologue of FSN?

Overall, I had incredibly high expectations from Fate/Zero, so the fact that I feel almost satisfied should be good enough. Some parts were great, some were a tad wanting. I expected more interaction between Kiritsugu and Saber, especially since Saber seemed to remember him fondly at times in parts of FSN - but it seems she knew absolutely nothing about him. Kerry's behaviour is justified, though - Saber was just another pawn that was to be sacrificed to obtain the Greater Grail, so getting attached to her would be a mistake. He'd already made that mistake once with Irisviel.

I certainly did not expect Rider and Waver to steal so much of the show. Honestly, they were the characters I was most invested in. I'm glad Waver got a good share of the epilogue. That t-shirt. :')

More of Arthur vs. Lancelot would have been nice. They share a long history fraught with tragedy. Their saga is far more epic than FSN+FZ's story itself. I'll look into the LN sometime, it will probably have more on this. I really wonder how exactly the Arthur-Guinevere-Lancelot triangle worked where Arthur was a female. =_='

Overall, I'm quite satisfied. Fabulously Naked Gilgamesh/10.
Sep 15, 2016 1:24 PM

Dec 2015
Arachnophobic said:

He was cursed by Angra Mainyu.

2) Why did the clocks in the Tohsaka mansion rewind by exactly one hour during the prologue of FSN?

Probably it was some form of test for Rin set up by Tokiomi.
Sep 15, 2016 3:00 PM

Sep 2014
Xarvon said:
Arachnophobic said:

He was cursed by Angra Mainyu.

Probably it was some form of test for Rin set up by Tokiomi.
not sure how dying over the course of 5 years is considered quick......
Sep 15, 2016 6:42 PM

Jun 2016
Thanks for the reply, @Xarvon. I eventually looked up the answers online. Somehow, I was (foolishly) under the impression that the clocks rewinding had some profound reason. :P

Maloghurst said:
not sure how dying over the course of 5 years is considered quick......

Only relatively speaking of course, as opposed to an average lifespan.
ArachnophobicSep 15, 2016 9:02 PM
Sep 15, 2016 8:18 PM

Sep 2014
Arachnophobic said:
Thanks for the reply, @Xarvon. I eventually looked up the answers online. Somehow, I was (foolishly) under the impression that the clocks rewinding had some profound reason. :P

Maloghurst said:
dying over the course of 5 years is considered quick......

Only relatively speaking of course, as opposed to an average lifespan.
he did just take a good ol grail mud bath.....other protagonists have gotten melted by it almost instantaneously...
Sep 15, 2016 9:05 PM

Jun 2016
@Maloghurst: True, true. :D When you put it that way, it seems he was quite the tough old geezer.
Sep 29, 2016 12:48 PM
Jun 2016
Fai said:
Clefairiess said:
Now that I understood the ending, I've gotta say I'm impressed with this series. i can't wait to start watching UBW.

You already got spoiled for majority of it though by watching Zero first.

Yeah, you posted it on several pages, we got it. No need to blame people for watching animes in their release order.
Sep 29, 2016 1:24 PM

Jul 2007
LordOfCinder said:
No need to blame people for watching animes in their release order.

I sure as hell can judge people for not looking up basic info about what they are about to watch. Especially since it is VERY widelly available, has pinned faqs on the subforums here, has whole wiki article on r/reddit and is very quickly answered whenever somebody asks here on the forums.
Sep 30, 2016 3:27 AM
Jun 2016
Fai said:
LordOfCinder said:
No need to blame people for watching animes in their release order.

I sure as hell can judge people for not looking up basic info about what they are about to watch. Especially since it is VERY widelly available, has pinned faqs on the subforums here, has whole wiki article on r/reddit and is very quickly answered whenever somebody asks here on the forums.

I needed a anime to watch quickly after dropping a lame one, went to the MAL page, saw that Fate/zero was the prequel to UBW, got released years before UBW, and decided to watch it first. Still liked it, no big deal. So no, you don't need to take such a condescending tone over something with so little importance.
LordOfCinderSep 30, 2016 3:30 AM
Oct 1, 2016 7:21 AM

Mar 2016
LordOfCinder said:
Fai said:

I needed a anime to watch quickly after dropping a lame one, went to the MAL page, saw that Fate/zero was the prequel to UBW, got released years before UBW, and decided to watch it first. Still liked it, no big deal. So no, you don't need to take such a condescending tone over something with so little importance.

Don't mind Fai he's always salty
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Oct 29, 2016 11:19 AM

Mar 2010
Cheesy ending, I don' tmind the 5 year skip

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 23, 2016 6:10 AM

Sep 2016
Little to say. Excited almost to want to enter the video and give a hand to Saber and Iri. Superb.
Jan 7, 2017 8:53 PM

Jul 2009
Wow!! What an ending!!! Lots of mindfucking moments. Like Sakura just threw Kariya away despite all the sacrifices he made, Saber having to experience of losing everyone once again, Illya and Kiritsugu no longer be able to meet again, and probably how many years before she can meet her real father, Rin's father dying despite his true killer in front of her and her mother actually survived being strangled. So that's how Shirou will inherit Kiritsugu's dream and servant Saber in UTW.

I know despite the Anime cutting some of the important bits from the novel, it was still an enjoyable medium and definitely a gateway for Fate series

Definitely will watch UTW after this!!!! I give it a 10/10!!!
Jan 8, 2017 10:45 AM

Mar 2011
SomaHeir said:

I know despite the Anime cutting some of the important bits from the novel, it was still an enjoyable medium and definitely a gateway for Fate series

It was indeed a really good adaptation. It's either 8 or 9 for me, leaning towards the latter though.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Jan 12, 2017 11:21 PM

Nov 2016
havent watched fate/stay/night.

so many questions, so little answers. overall i liked the series, but the ending IMO jumbled too many things at once. it felt like a huge plothole.

on a side note i also watched keijo as i needed something to get my mind off of the demented duo (caster) and had a fun time.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Jan 13, 2017 12:06 AM

Oct 2015
It was a good show deserving 7 to 8 rating on my part because the story line was not that wow and characters were alright.But the the duel between Kirei and Kiritsugu was a force to be reckon with.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 18, 2017 9:26 AM

Jul 2007
FONZACUS said:
havent watched fate/stay/night.

so many questions, so little answers. overall i liked the series, but the ending IMO jumbled too many things at once. it felt like a huge plothole.

There are no plotholes. Its mainly because as you have said one is not supposed to START with this. Zero expects you to know everything that will happen and why it happens and be interested in HOW it happens.
Apr 27, 2017 6:24 PM

Apr 2017
Just finished watching, stayed up to 2am binging.

I have no clue what is going on. Maybe it's because I'm tired, I missed some larger message or am just naive to greatness but whatever it is this is an utter mindfuck. Can someone please explain to me what even happened here, like some kind of synopsis?
Somehow everyone dies and no one is left better off. Kiritsugu and Kirei are so confusing to me because I don't know what they fucking want and they end up with nothing all in the name of achieving something. I don't feel like there's been any closure, probably because I'm stupid to all of the last 2 seasons happenings but if it isn't that obvious then surely I can't be the only one.

I have no clue if the servants deaths were supposed to be symbiotic or beautiful in some way, it certainly didn't seem like it - but again that's probably down to my own naivity, 5 years from when this series began.

It was a good series, and I enjoyed the characters to an extent. Rider and Saber were obviously the most likeable but that's to be expected since they weren't overly complex with shrouded desires and it seems like the filthy casual way of looking at it. I won't say this is a masterpiece because even I don't know what's better than Fate:Zero since I have no real experience to state so but it certainly killed a few hours, apologies if that kills any boners. I'm still open to hear an explaination of what everything was supposed to mean, I might even realise an error and change my perception.

I'm sure I missed another series or something out, maybe even a novel by the looks of things but I don't think i'll invest into anymore of the series seeing as there really isn't much to go off if Fate:Zero was going to be my beginning. I think i'll just take the ending as it is, confusion and all, and just remember all the good times earlier in the series, albeit without any context, just like the naive and mindless drone I am.
TrapsterJApr 27, 2017 6:38 PM
Apr 30, 2017 2:06 AM

Jul 2013
TrapsterJ1 said:
Just finished watching, stayed up to 2am binging.

I have no clue what is going on. Maybe it's because I'm tired, I missed some larger message or am just naive to greatness but whatever it is this is an utter mindfuck. Can someone please explain to me what even happened here, like some kind of synopsis?
Somehow everyone dies and no one is left better off. Kiritsugu and Kirei are so confusing to me because I don't know what they fucking want and they end up with nothing all in the name of achieving something. I don't feel like there's been any closure, probably because I'm stupid to all of the last 2 seasons happenings but if it isn't that obvious then surely I can't be the only one.

I have no clue if the servants deaths were supposed to be symbiotic or beautiful in some way, it certainly didn't seem like it - but again that's probably down to my own naivity, 5 years from when this series began.

It was a good series, and I enjoyed the characters to an extent. Rider and Saber were obviously the most likeable but that's to be expected since they weren't overly complex with shrouded desires and it seems like the filthy casual way of looking at it. I won't say this is a masterpiece because even I don't know what's better than Fate:Zero since I have no real experience to state so but it certainly killed a few hours, apologies if that kills any boners. I'm still open to hear an explaination of what everything was supposed to mean, I might even realise an error and change my perception.

I'm sure I missed another series or something out, maybe even a novel by the looks of things but I don't think i'll invest into anymore of the series seeing as there really isn't much to go off if Fate:Zero was going to be my beginning. I think i'll just take the ending as it is, confusion and all, and just remember all the good times earlier in the series, albeit without any context, just like the naive and mindless drone I am.

Basically, Kiritsugu realized that the Grail was corrupted and not the wish-granting device he originally thought it would be so he ordered Saber to destroy it against her will, since Servants are the only ones who can physically touch the Grail, and the contents of the Grail spilled over and caused the destruction of Fuyuki City.

There is no closure because it is a tragedy and Fate/Zero's purpose was to explain how that catastrophe happened which is a focal point in Fate/Stay Night.
Jun 6, 2017 4:16 PM

Mar 2017
The only thing i was thinking when i saw everything burning and dying: BUUURN BABY BURN!!!
Jul 4, 2017 9:13 AM

Sep 2014
Well this was not the ending i had in my mind, but I'm satisfied with it. This was my first pick from the fate series and i really enjoyed it thoroughly. Gilgamesh and Kiritsugu were the characters that intrigued me the most.
Pages (27) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM

» is it necessary to watch fate stay/night 2006 ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 25

24 by mykuza »»
Feb 26, 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.