Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2008 2:21 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The long anticipated Movie 12 of Detective Conan.

Well, I have to say this, but this is without doubt a letdown. It seems more like an OVA than a movie. Conan Movies have been downhill since Movie 8. 7/10 from me.

Some Highlights worth noting:

Anyway, now for the long one-year wait for Movie 13.
MayucchiYukieOct 19, 2008 2:27 AM
Nov 3, 2008 9:18 PM

Jun 2008
Finished it, it was kinda disappointing.

I am rather excited about the preview for the next movie..... but somehow I feel like it just might be another disappointment.

Do we live to watch Anime, or watch Anime to live?
Nov 4, 2008 12:44 AM

Jan 2007
I rather liked this movie. While it wasn't as action packed as the others, it was neat that it was focused on music.
Nov 4, 2008 1:45 AM

Jan 2008
I enjoyed this movie. Wasn't as good as the Jolly Roger one, but seeing how it was based around classical music won it for me. 8/10

That whole thing with the phone was pretty cool, I wonder if I could do that with my phone xD
Nov 4, 2008 10:11 AM

Apr 2007
Hmm this movie indeed gives me a different vibe than previous other movies, but nonetheless the classical music background really made me like it, though not many action scenes. Some aspects are a bit hard to believe but hey it's an anime. 7/10
Now I cant wait for movie 13, that it's gotta have to be against BO.
noelhoiNov 12, 2008 9:26 AM
Nov 16, 2008 2:15 AM

Apr 2008
I loved the movie! Of course, I love everything there is that's Conan. ^_~ The fact that this movie was based around classical music was just icing on the cake for me. ^.^
Aug 3, 2009 9:04 PM
Jun 2008
I rather liked it. While the storyline was rather dull in comparision to some of the others, like the Baker Street one and the ones featuring Kito Kid, I found that the overall storyline was rather moving.
Sep 14, 2009 10:45 AM

Jan 2009
I thought I was gonna drop out of my stool out of boredom. Compared to the length of the movie not much happened. After half of the movie was over I thought: "conclusion must come soon." Then I checked how long it will take till the end and after I realized that its only halfway through I hoped it would have an awesome conclusion. Well it turned out to be cheaper than normal Conan episodes. Definitely a huge disappointment.
Mar 5, 2010 9:37 AM
Mar 2008
Kanon-kun said:
I enjoyed this movie. Wasn't as good as the Jolly Roger one, but seeing how it was based around classical music won it for me. 8/10

That whole thing with the phone was pretty cool, I wonder if I could do that with my phone xD

Yeah it works everywhere the dial tone system is used ;) But it would be very hard for any human voice to dial 110 over that distance especially since the phone was facing downwards, since they are over water in a concrete canal the echo would shift the frequency.. so the movie was not 100% accurate there.

But imo this was one of the better movies, i can see why it might be called boring by some but this was for a very very long time something where the method of crime was extremely clever. Linking bombs to an air-pressure sensor in an organ is certainly a first. Especially that he even counted how often that note is played, and when what explodes (heck, that is ingenious) - of course conan had to win, in reality chances are he would have put the last bomb on a timer triggered by the 23rd explosion, that way he could have been 100% sure his plan wouldn't fail. Sometimes i wish the makers of this series would actually remember that conan shouldn't always win.. otherwise it becomes boring. And this is indeed the case here, once you know that conan wins these movies loose a lot of their interest... ah well
May 19, 2010 8:35 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
ya this was a bit bad movie... 8/10
Jan 30, 2011 3:23 PM

Feb 2009
It was decent but... It was extremely "meh" compared to the other ones.

My favorite scene were, without a doubt, the the last few ones where Shinichi was playing the violin and Ran knew because he has a "weird habit". I thought it was extremely adorable.

Anyways, my least favorite of the movies so far but still okay.

7/10
Oct 12, 2012 6:14 AM

May 2012
Worst Conan movie for me. 7/10.
Nov 28, 2012 7:32 PM

Jul 2012
I expected a lot out of this movie because classical music is one of my favourite things. I thought it was going to be kind of like Nodame Cantabile (the best classical music anime). But as much as I love classical, this movie made it pretty boring. Really good song selections though. I love Amazing Grace and Ave Maria.

I spent 2 days watching this movie and almost fell asleep both times because nothing much happened in this movie. The only action-packed parts was when the Soprano was about to get hit by a car and when the Culprit was about to press the button.

Interesting and creative mysteries actually, but way too predictable. I guessed the Culprit when I first saw him and I guessed that the bomb initializer was inside the Organ pipes way before Conan and the Soprano did. The characters in this mystery were really weak. We didn't get much out of half of them, because they didn't matter too much. Only Doumoto, the Soprano and the Culprit did. :/

Two things I particularly liked were: The scene when Soprano and Conan sang two different notes to call 110. Pretty cool how they used Hertz to call that number. Second scene is when Haibara used the recorder to send a secret message. I still don't really get that but it's pretty cool. ^.^

Dunno if I should give a 6/10 or 7/10... I'll decide later.

And really cute last scene. <3
MayukaNov 28, 2012 7:35 PM
Dec 2, 2012 1:14 AM

Jul 2012
I also think the film is less than the previous movie and the answers are found without the climactic scene, but I love this movie because in it there is a classic musical that played.

I love it when classic musical played and adapted to the scene, especially when the song is 'Amazing Grace'

Well, this great..
Sep 8, 2013 9:00 AM

Apr 2012
This movie was really different from the others, only the typical DC movie explosions were there xD
But I liked it very much :3
Sep 16, 2014 10:04 PM

Jun 2008
This is actually my favorite movie so far. I liked that it was less actiony. I found it to be quite relaxing to watch.
Dec 3, 2014 7:11 PM

Jun 2012
Whats the weird habit?
Dec 26, 2014 7:52 AM

Oct 2013
Agreed this was a relaxing watch. Different vibe than most DC movies
Apr 4, 2015 12:17 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah this one laid off the action which was fine with me. Good mystery this time and some great music to go along with it.

8/10
Jul 4, 2015 6:29 AM

Mar 2015
Ahhw a nice and ,most importantly, different DC movie.After watching the previous ones back to back,it t got kinda stale so I liked that this one focused on the music so much.Really great song sellection and the Amazing Grace perfomance was so peacful.
Also nice to hear Jesus Bleibet Meine Freunde...that reminded me of End of Eva.

The ending <3
_HeroKenzan_Jul 4, 2015 6:44 AM
Apr 26, 2016 9:53 AM

Sep 2011
This movie made me want to punch Genta in the face as usual. Seriously, what is wrong with that kid? He goes up to every stranger he sees and pesters them for free food when he sees them eat or drink something, putting them on the spot. He expects them to have some sort of obligation to comply, and calls them 'stingy' when they don't give him food. He then proceeds to go through the purse of a lady he doesn't even know to steal a drink of her tea (FUCKING TEA) even though she said 'no' the first time. How much of an obnoxious fatass can he be?
Jun 9, 2016 1:08 PM

Feb 2015
Hibara still best girl. I'll go down with this ship.
Nov 13, 2016 3:25 AM

Jan 2012
Pretty fun movie. Loved Genta's little arc and there wasn't much, but a few nice little action scenes. The truck chase comes to mind. The focus on music was nice, as were several of the songs played. It was FAR more enjoyable than this season's currently airing music-themed series that shall remain nameless. *coughsound!euphoniumseason2cough* It felt great to finally watch some Conan again after several months away. Getting the old tropes felt so nicely nostalgic. Unfortunately my guess of the culprit was wrong. Reiko came off as a huge bitch initially, but turns out she was just tsundere. XD Loved the Ran x Shinichi flashback. Highlight of the film for sure. Even as Haibara is gushing to herself about she and Conan being partners he's off doing something romantic for Ran. Take that Haibara ship fans! XD Ahem, anyway...pretty good stuff, boat scene felt a bit too implausible, even for this series. Floating between a 7 and 8 for score, I'll stick with a solid 7/10.
Apr 25, 2017 3:12 AM
Apr 2014
What was the purpose of Conan leaving his detective badge behind?

Jan 6, 2018 4:21 PM

Aug 2015
7/10 I think this film was more focused in the investigation and the music and I have not disliked it. It was a very entertaining film.
Nov 1, 2018 1:53 AM

Jan 2008
RogueGeeLoki said:
What was the purpose of Conan leaving his detective badge behind?

I think it had something to do with noting all of the explosions.

Now here's the real question. Why was that guy not padded down for a gun?! My first reaction was a face palm. That's Policing 101. I get that everyone thought he only had the remote for the bombs, and no back-up, but still. Sheesh.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 31, 2019 4:25 AM

Apr 2014
Great movie really enjoyed it. 👍🏽
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Aug 14, 2019 9:23 AM
Jun 2014
I liked it when I watched it in the past, still one of my fave DC movies
Jan 22, 2021 12:04 AM
Oct 2013
I never want to hear "amazing grace" ever again thanks to this dismal movie. This film is creatively bankrupt in every facet of its production.
May 20, 2023 1:39 PM

Jul 2013
Given the track record of these movies, I fully expected the final bomb to go off anyway, leading to 20 minutes of dumb escape sequence that ended on Ran being trapped inside and Conan rushing in for the rescue. 

Now this was a good kind of subversion, for once.
Jan 25, 3:47 PM
Apr 2022
genta is really annoying... i want punch him really hard...

More topics from this board

» What do you expect?

Ilyaoh - Sep 8, 2008

3 by zer0se7en »»
Jul 10, 2009 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.