Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 16, 2017 5:12 AM

Nov 2011
Megumi was annoying but so funny.
"Girls my age all love Dicks!" I was rolling when she said that.
Kind of a slow episode overall though, I like a lot of the anime references in the office building.

My god Sagari just keeps getting better by the episode though. She is way better then that Bitch Kirino.

That OnePi Jab at "Otaku" had me rolling.

Also the Opening and ending were super adorable, and the songs were nice as well.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 16, 2017 5:53 AM
Nov 2015
Just seeing how upset she was when he said not to see her as anything else than his little sister (what a fucking liar) in episode 1, and again in this one, was more than enough to realize that this show won't give a fuck about they being siblings (the show makes it clear every 5 seconds that they aren't real siblings and that his uttermost wish is to fuck her) . I can totally see they going as far as getting them married at last episode.
This show is such a pile of shit. So bad written and uninspired, filled with generic characters making unrealist, but also generic things. I am going to watch it just to see how far it can go.
Apr 16, 2017 6:16 AM

Jun 2015
jadborn said:
The trainwreck continues... but i just can't look away. How bad can it get?
Looking away will be pretty easy this time, although you're right, this series is just limitless cringe. Tries way harder than OreImo and that instinctively creates some sort of inner aversion that is hard to describe.
Apr 16, 2017 6:52 AM
Jun 2016
Say wut. That opening scene xD. Getting into the op sounds nice, I like how its directed.
Apr 16, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
We can say that what we saw in the previous episode, it was not a fluke, confirming the good things he had shown when it comes to comedy, the previous episode. Drawings, animations and wallpaper, really good. What a nice opening and ending. <3
What a pity that there is not the end card.

kurikinton said:

welp the op and ed is 👌

Thank Megumin, for having revealed something we did not know the existence XD
Apr 16, 2017 8:32 AM
Nov 2010
I kinda like her dance
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2017 9:24 AM

Feb 2014
Megumi's such a tease with her downright daring talk about dicks and calling Masamune's 'dick' pretty useless. Well then, I'm sure those ero-doujin artists out there will sort that little, er, problem out, if you know what I mean......

Anyway, the episode itself was really entertaining. Megumi herself is funny, but she wasn't successful in her goal to convince Sagiri to go to school. I'm sure she'll keep trying and trying until Sagiri opens up to her eventually and maybe Megumi's goal will succeed.

Masamune wanted to cheekily put his books on the recommended pile at the bookstore, only for his friend to tell him off for that. Well, I can't blame him for trying to become more popular though.

Then came along Elf Yamada, who is obviously desperate to have Eromanga-Sensei to do illustrations for her next LN series. I doubt she'll even have her wish come true once she finds out who Eromanga-Sensei really is though. =P

Like in the last episode, at the bookstore and at the Ascii Media Works, there was a lot of cameos from other manga/LN series like SAO, ToraDora, Magic High School and the Spice & Wolf Sequel too, which is nice to see.

Hearing the OP song from ClariS again was really nice, but what made it better was the animation that went with it. Same goes for the awesome ED song, ironically called 'Adrenaline'. Sagiri's dancing in both OP and ED animations are just so damn cute and excellent! =3

Like episode one, this episode was really good and hopefully for whatever the episode run is, it'll stay that way until the end. =)
Apr 16, 2017 10:47 AM

Dec 2012
Megumi is the best thing of this episode, she was so cute and like she said, she loves dicks >.<
It was very fun to watch
Apr 16, 2017 11:27 AM
Oct 2014

The 'unspeakable' truth. Right in the face of America.
Apr 16, 2017 3:14 PM

Oct 2011
Op and Ed yay
Whoa megumin lol
Apr 16, 2017 4:02 PM

Dec 2013
YESS the DICK loving girl~

Man the dances like everyone says are so cute, just like the ones in Oreimo OP as well, goodness they're so cute.

Sagiri so far best girl, way too cute, idk how to handle

Great progression of this anime and amazing art, this is meeting and surpassing expectations~

5/5 this episode
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Apr 16, 2017 5:03 PM

Aug 2015
Loving it, and I do like perverted characters.... but the fact that she just introduced herself by talking about dicks was so cringeworthy I wish they would've left it out. Don't get me wrong, if their conversation would have led to that after they started talking about the erotic art that would've been fine, but a line like "sup I like dicks" is just forced and stupid. I don't remember Oreimo ever doing such a thing. I know it's only 2 eps in, but so far I like Oreimo more.

Damn that ending is cute.. and fuck that Elf girl was annoying. She's like a bitchy version of Astarotte from Astarotte no Omocha.

It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 16, 2017 5:59 PM

Jul 2010
ED is too cute! I want a mini Sagiri for myself. <3

Dick joke was stupid and way too lewd for no reason. Kinda just made me feel bad for little girls nowadays; I barely knew what that word even meant in middle school. Elf-whatever girl just gave me a headache. Overall, I'm not too pleased, and I prefer Oreimo WAY more, but it's not too bad and I'll keep watching.

Hope it focuses on the girl at the bookstore a little more -- I like her down-to-earth demeanor. Nice contrast to all the crazy girls in this show.
fishergirl16Apr 16, 2017 6:03 PM
Apr 16, 2017 7:31 PM

Jul 2015
WELL THAT WAS AN INTERESTING START TO THE EPISODE. Megumin is one smart and deceitful little girl, I like her. I like her a lot. This was a good episode. I'm really enjoying this anime, and I look forward to seeing the little sister open up more.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 16, 2017 9:40 PM
Mar 2017
Megumi! Explosioooooooooooooonn!!!
,,,,, Crap.... Wrong Anime...
Apr 16, 2017 11:00 PM
Nov 2016
Dropped.

-MC wants to screw his sister.
-Sister also wants to clearly screw her brother when he mentions their relationship isn't romantic.
-Girl flirts with MC out of nowhere
-Obvious harem

=

Light novel harem incestuous trash. I thought this was gonna be a genuine emotional anime.
Apr 17, 2017 3:59 AM

Feb 2014
Yamada Elf has a really energetic personality, she made me laugh so hard when she said that she's a light novel herself xD

and Sagiri...... She's so so damn cute!! Can't blame Masamune for wanting to keep her for himself.
Apr 17, 2017 4:09 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Megumi is so cute I can hardly stand it. However her attitude and way she acts like making friends is a task rather than something genuine is a put off. Hopefully the MC will teach her that as we go along.

The great comedy continues, and I'm glad to see that. I'm definitely ok with a more comedy take rather than the seriousness Oreimo had.

OP and ED are terrific. Thank you for coming back ClariS!

Bring on the hentai.

Side note: That Editor girl with the short hair is smoking hot.
Apr 17, 2017 4:12 AM

Jul 2014
-kikyo- said:
this orange haired girl was so annoying

I thought she was the best part in this whole episode. Almost fell asleep. Comedy is on the weak side, Sister's still a dick, and the other characters don't seem to do much to add to the story. Please tell me it gets better!!!??
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Apr 17, 2017 5:52 AM

Sep 2008
Funnier than I thought it would be. Nice ED.
Apr 17, 2017 5:59 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Some people should know that Megumi is just using words to manipulate people. That does not mean that she knows much about "dicks" or other erotic stuff. She had learned to use words/sentences to her own advantage.

(BTW: The boys (me excluded) in my primary school time did use words like dick and even the word sex a lot. Sure they did not know the real meaning of the words, but they liked to use them anyways)

Some other people should not forget that his is a brother/sister romcom and it will stay in that genre. Masamune and Sagiri are still Maincharacter and Main Heroine of the show.

I can say that I really enjoy it so far. I like to see the characters animated and it is very enjoyable.

Megumi is a cute character, but very clever and manipulative. Elf-chan will be properly introduced in the next episode :D
CyanwasserstoffApr 17, 2017 6:03 AM
Apr 17, 2017 6:02 AM

Jan 2012
Hate all girls here (but bookstore keeper looks kinda adachimitsuruish so she's ok).

Ending was nice.

At least this one is not fantasy.
Apr 17, 2017 6:31 AM
Nov 2015

Thanks for compiling these, hope we get more them.
Apr 17, 2017 8:52 AM

Jun 2008
Megumin wants the D really badly!

Thirst little bitch.

Unfortunately for MC-kun, he won't be able to wash his precious imouto's pantsu anymore...

Apr 17, 2017 9:23 AM
May 2012
notice to all mangaka and light novel authors

sagiri is how you are supposed to create a tsundere

not so much tsun that she comes across as a mega bitch

just enough dere so you fall in love with her!!!

i for one loved megumi , very flirty and mischeivious
Apr 17, 2017 9:41 AM

May 2016
Sagiri is the cutest thing humankind can see. I love dicks too
Apr 17, 2017 11:39 AM
Mar 2016

Man, we didn't even get to see the color of her panty, unlike Elf.
Apr 17, 2017 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
Holy shit, Megumi is an invasive and weird little fuck. I really like her design though.

Editor actively pissing Elf off like the child she is was pretty damn funny.

Yet another episode, and Sagiri is nowhere near Kirino levels of intolerability yet.
Apr 17, 2017 1:42 PM

Jan 2014
Creator: Just gonna remind ya'll now through a character that they're are not blood related so the frick frack can happen without it being wrong :((( #plsforgetmypreviousincestwork

I'm barely seconds into this show and it is already reminding me.

All them cute girls yet, the MC is a generic fuck. akjdkalsjjdkasj
tretijApr 17, 2017 1:47 PM
Apr 17, 2017 2:31 PM

Feb 2008
Megumi isn't subtle... Her exceedingly outgoing personality is as amusing as she is outspoken. I also rather liked the encounter of that Elf and the editor, the former was quite curious.

Cutting access to the Internet is a severe punishment, though...
Apr 17, 2017 5:00 PM

Apr 2015

Wish I had a non-blood related imouto as beautiful and cute like her...
Apr 17, 2017 6:56 PM
Nov 2016
Whoahoho said:

Man, we didn't even get to see the color of her panty, unlike Elf.

She reminds me of those girls in my high school that openly talk about sex in public, one of whom I didn't know even asked me if I engaged in sexual activity.
I am seriously not fucking kidding.
Basically, I don't find this girl being an edgelord about sex unnatural at all.
Apr 17, 2017 10:02 PM

Dec 2016
Megumi loves dicks.

"League sucks, HAHA!"
Apr 18, 2017 3:45 AM

Jul 2014
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
Dropped.

-Sister also wants to clearly screw her brother when he mentions their relationship isn't romantic.
-Obvious harem

=

Light novel harem incestuous trash. I thought this was gonna be a genuine emotional anime.

They're not related by blood here so there's no incest whatsoever here man. Why do people seem to forget that detail is cringe worthy.
Apr 18, 2017 3:51 AM

Oct 2016
-chronos said:

Thanks for compiling these, hope we get more them.

You might want to add this too~ XD

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Apr 18, 2017 3:51 AM

Jul 2014
Angry_Always said:
The editor and Yamada Elf are fantastic but am I the only one who is aggravated at the selfishness of Sagiri? It's one thing to force your brother to do everything for you. But never expressing gratitude, being constantly cold to him and not even thanking him for buying the sweets, instead just telling him what he gets is horrible and to get something else.

No matter her dere dere reasoning, seeing his efforts and feeling be trampled on and seeing no one here who thinks she is being selfish and hurting him is quite aggravating.

Trust me dude, I feel the same way but when the only positive thing in this whole episode is a Loli talking about her love for dicks, you know something's wrong here.
Apr 18, 2017 3:59 AM
Nov 2016
TheHatredDMC said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
Dropped.

-Obvious harem

=

They're not related by blood here so there's no incest whatsoever here man. Why do people seem to forget that detail is cringe worthy.

It doesn't matter if they're blood related or not. People call their dogs family despite not being related by blood.
Ep 1 established this anime as a comedy-drama between 2 siblings trying to become proper family again, but this ep made it incredibly clear that's not what its intentions are.
Apr 18, 2017 7:00 AM

Dec 2011
I think i should've asked this in the ep1 thread since it happens in ep1

Does LN writer in general have their work received that easily? I mean, the current trend is long-ass-title just so people can "understand" what the LN is about just from the title, right?

I know this is just an anime and possibly 99% imagination from the writer side, but it's kinda weird seeing the MC sending that much proposal with subjectively generic theme, especially after watching Girlish Number and knowing about how most of LN are pretty much the same.
Apr 18, 2017 7:04 AM

Sep 2016
Chendroshee said:

Does LN writer in general have their work received that easily? I mean, the current trend is long-ass-title just so people can "understand" what the LN is about just from the title, right?

I know this is just an anime and possibly 99% imagination from the writer side, but it's kinda weird seeing the MC sending that much proposal with subjectively generic theme, especially after watching Girlish Number and knowing about how most of LN are pretty much the same.
that explains why LN is garbage medium. you can see later on that all LN writers in this anime sucks 3rd rated writer writing cliche and generic romance stuff and eromanga sensei is horrendous illustrator with generic art.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 18, 2017 7:05 AM
Nov 2015
_xDane_ said:
You might want to add this too~ XD
Lol that's funny, but I like the cutesy moe dancing.
Apr 18, 2017 7:10 AM

Dec 2011
GangsterCat said:
Chendroshee said:

that explains why LN is garbage medium. you can see later on that all LN writers in this anime sucks 3rd rated writer writing cliche and generic romance stuff and eromanga sensei is horrendous illustrator with generic art.

Ooohh really? A pretty nice burn there. Thanks.
Apr 18, 2017 7:12 AM

Sep 2016
Chendroshee said:
GangsterCat said:

Ooohh really? A pretty nice burn there. Thanks.
u can see yourself by paying attention in the future episode everytime any character say "ooh this is good!" while reading LN and it turns out to be most generic of generic LN plot.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 18, 2017 8:49 AM

Sep 2015
TheHatredDMC said:
Angry_Always said:
The editor and Yamada Elf are fantastic but am I the only one who is aggravated at the selfishness of Sagiri? It's one thing to force your brother to do everything for you. But never expressing gratitude, being constantly cold to him and not even thanking him for buying the sweets, instead just telling him what he gets is horrible and to get something else.

No matter her dere dere reasoning, seeing his efforts and feeling be trampled on and seeing no one here who thinks she is being selfish and hurting him is quite aggravating.

Trust me dude, I feel the same way but when the only positive thing in this whole episode is a Loli talking about her love for dicks, you know something's wrong here.

Haha I feel you. Anime is an odd place but you learn to appreciate some of the quirks, though Sagiri is lowekey selfish af
Apr 18, 2017 10:46 AM

Nov 2016
Megumi is definitely my favourite character of the series so far.

Toradora is my third favourite anime so I fanboyed silently when I saw the LN.

The part with the ear piece was pretty funny.

Better than the first episode. 4/5
Apr 18, 2017 11:35 AM

Jun 2016
omg she's such a normy
Apr 18, 2017 5:49 PM
Nov 2016
I mean it was alright. The OP and ED are great as expected.

Apr 18, 2017 11:20 PM

Dec 2011
Now i've watched this episode, i can say it's pretty much similar to Rokudenashi. Both have no idea where the hell they should go primarily, comedic route or serious route.

But this show is even worse imo. It feels like the writer is inserting himself to the story and using too much "imagination" while on it. God, the cringe.

Also the MC. That mouth is spilling everything out like a broken bucket. Well, i should've expected lower when he is still a first year in high school. You have to think that way.

N.B. Don't bother countering this comment with "Then write your own LN, you dumbshit!". That's not how you do it.
Apr 19, 2017 3:04 AM

Aug 2016
I couldnt stop re watching the opening part

Set by SenpieX
Apr 19, 2017 2:25 PM

Oct 2016
Sorry but I'm Currently pissed off aboutyou guys talking about dicks because today we talked about that in class and we talked about megumin being a pervert. no we didnt. but she really is a pervert , i dont remember but i think she looked to masumune's dick (evrytime i think about masumune , i think about masumune-kun's revenge.) that was seriously yyuk
no baby anime supremacist no opinion
Apr 19, 2017 4:00 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is so much fun!
LOL at Sagiri's class press Megumi: "OCHINCHIN DAISUKI desu kedo!"
TrySail ED song was catchy!
I laughed so hard on the part where Izumi said to her imouto Sagiri ("So please don't abandon me!") Matsuoka san is really hilarious!
5/5.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

177 by Sagirii »»
Apr 11, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2017

262 by slepice24 »»
Apr 10, 12:03 PM

» This anime needs more love ( 1 2 )

Jaaku_na_Neko - Jun 27, 2023

61 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 8, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

167 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 13, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

330 by AkihitoZero1224 »»
Jan 28, 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.