Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 16, 2017 6:50 AM

Apr 2014
Don't know, the middle episodes and the ending were completely forgetable, and the only really memorable thing in the show is Again from Yui (First OP).
Apr 16, 2017 6:53 AM

Oct 2012
It's good all-around, but I didn't find it exceptionally good. The art, animation and character designs are great though, bones never disappoints in that aspect
Apr 16, 2017 6:54 AM

Mar 2016

This is your opinion, so I can't really get mad at you for feeling this way, but if you don't like it, nobody's forcing you to watch it.

Not everybody's gonna like the same anime, so don't feel pressured to enjoy FMAB if you really just don't.

I like good stories and I have the patience to sit down and watch them develop. I've always been intrigued by the Elric brothers' shining blonde hair and golden eyes, so in terms of character design, I think they're as cool as it gets without being flamboyant.

I think it's a huge mistake only watching popular anime because you're going to miss a lot of gems which aren't so popular. After all, an anime only becomes popular after its been discovered. If no one gives an anime a chance, it will never have the opportunity to become popular. Mainstream anime are really good, but there are some classics which are even better like Cowboy Bebop, Fist of the North Star, Trigun, and Outlaw Star to name a few.

Just drop the anime if you don't like it. I had to drop Naruto and Fairy Tail because I quite frankly can't tolerate either of them. I'll probably pick them both up again later when I have the patience, but today is not that day. And likewise, today is not your day to watch FMAB.

Maybe another day you'll check it out again, but don't waste anymore time watching something you don't like and go check out something else that interests you.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2017 6:55 AM
Apr 2017
AnimeXHunter said:
The fact that your main complaints are "Characters aren´t badass or handsome enough" and "It isn´t drawn good enough" makes me think you don´t get this anime in the slightest. I don´t even agree with these points in the slightest.

TBH, as I said before, those character and visuals made up about 40% of my complaint. The rest are because I simply couldn't follow it. Yes, up until episode 5, they have not hint at any character that would be considered badass. You have to agree on this.

ToG25thBaam said:
Astaroth_F said:
My whole argument is not all about art. Number 1 to 3 probably constitutes only about 40%. The rest are mainly because I failed to find the pace of the anime.
Yes it's art, not the animation. Never thought it could be broken down separately, but you're right anyway.
Did not noticed that there was animation flaw in those series. I just thought the movement is great.
It's definitely the art, I mean, if I dislike one part of a show, the rest won't appear to be as good as it is. If Magi, Nanatsu no Taizai, or Akame ga Kill has the art of FMAB, it won't look as appetizing as it would. 5 episodes would feel like 20 if you have a certain bias against it before you even watch it.

I guess you're right. No wonder they remake the Adventure Of Sinbad side story.
Apr 16, 2017 7:00 AM

Dec 2015
Astaroth_F said:
AnimeXHunter said:
The fact that your main complaints are "Characters aren´t badass or handsome enough" and "It isn´t drawn good enough" makes me think you don´t get this anime in the slightest. I don´t even agree with these points in the slightest.

TBH, as I said before, those character and visuals made up about 40% of my complaint. The rest are because I simply couldn't follow it. Yes, up until episode 5, they have not hint at any character that would be considered badass. You have to agree on this.

"You have to agree on this."
Actually no. There are several character in the show that are badass, even in that timeframe. However, this doesn´t actually matter, if the complaint is about "characters aren´t badass enough", which just makes you look retarded. That doesn´t make it any worse. Brotherhood isn´t a super complex anime either. If you can´t follow Lain or Ergo Proxy, I can understand that, but Brotherhood makes you look kindof stupid.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ArdanazApr 16, 2017 7:20 AM
Apr 16, 2017 7:05 AM

Dec 2015
I had the same thought about the artwork, for FMA 2003 - I wasn't really interested in watching it when it aired it in my country, because it doesn't look good - but my opinion on it changed after I watched the whole series and I eventually started to like the artwork - I even thought of some characters as good looking - something I never thought of at first.

As for FMA B, it's a bit different for me because I really love the first series, so I couldn't help but compare them to each other while watching. I also thought that the artwork wasn't good - I even like the old FMA better when it comes to artwork and animation.
But I eventually got used to it as well.
Even though I still like FMA 2003 better, I think FMA B is still much better compared to other shounen series that I've watched.
Apr 16, 2017 7:08 AM

Jun 2016
yea,the first 13 episodes are quite rushed and boring but you should continue because shit will get real later.
Apr 16, 2017 8:35 AM

Jun 2013
You say the storyline isn't great after 5 episodes? Seems legit lol.

Apr 16, 2017 8:42 AM
May 2015
EpicShonenGuy said:

This so much lol. You have to understand, that FMA isn't like 12 or even 24 episode anime. It takes it's time to build the story and characters. If you really don't understand why it's so good, I would go here and read the reviews lol. It's currently #2 anime of all time(used to be #1)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/5114/Fullmetal_Alchemist__Brotherhood
Apr 16, 2017 8:47 AM

Jan 2014
MohAngelo said:
As someone who has seen the Original FMA, i thinkt he bor version is a knock off of the oringinal made to appeal to shounen fans :p

That's funny considering Brotherhood is the original, and the 2003 version is "original" in the sense that it has its own different ending.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Apr 16, 2017 8:50 AM

Jan 2014
OP, if you don't want to watch it, then simply don't? I don't understand why you need validation from us, tbh. Personally, I liked FMA:B because it was one of the first shows I saw that had a huge cast and most to all of them were developed, which was pretty impressive to me at the time. Also, it covers quite a bit of themes.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Apr 16, 2017 9:43 AM

Jan 2016
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... what?
Apr 16, 2017 10:13 AM

Dec 2016
Brotherhood is probably one of the most overrated shows on this site, but your criticisms are strange. Even people like me who don't think that the show itself is that great agree that the animation and picture are very good, so I don't know how you find flaws with those things. If you think Brotherhood has bad animation, you just haven't seen enough anime to properly know what you are talking about. As for character design, that is more of a personal preference. Some of the characters' faces are too round and make them look fat, but other than that, I didn't see a significant problem with how they are drawn.

Also, you shouldn't judge a 64 episode anime on the first five episodes. How is there no hint that someone more "badass" exists? What show are you watching? Sorry, but that complaint just makes no sense. It's a shonen; obviously there is going to be some super powerful threatening villain that the protagonists have to defeat. The storyline does have major problems, but not the type of problems you are fabricating.

What's the difference?
Apr 16, 2017 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
Astaroth_F said:
Takamura-sama said:
What's good in FMAB?
Easy:

The last 20 episodes.

What is bad? The other episodes and the ending.

Does that mean I should start from the last 20?

Lmao are you drunk?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Apr 16, 2017 11:38 AM

May 2015
Wait are the first 5 episodes of Fairy Tail meant to be good? I can't get through them... I wonder what the "bad" episodes are like.
Apr 16, 2017 11:48 AM

Nov 2015
First its rude to put FMA among that list , Second if u find something too popular u need to investigate why ,while that will not happen if u only watch 5 episode among 64 ,64-5=61 , bro u judged the remains 61 by only the 5 fisrt O.o,well u can judge the draw by the 5 first but not the other points ...
u are looking for badass characters ? ,there are but still not in the first 5 ..good story ? it will become better ,the first episode are only intro for greater thing ..i really recommend FMA: the brotherhood ,and its not like evangilion as u can see in top anime of MAL .
                                                                   ď»żď»żď»ż

Apr 16, 2017 11:49 AM
Aug 2015
It has a great premise, but mediocre execution.

YDOULIE said:
EpicShonenGuy said:

This so much lol. You have to understand, that FMA isn't like 12 or even 24 episode anime. It takes it's time to build the story and characters. If you really don't understand why it's so good, I would go here and read the reviews lol. It's currently #2 anime of all time(used to be #1)

I've watched over 30 episodes and it's still as boring as it used to be in episode 1. The only interesting thing that has occurred throughout those 30 episodes was the event related to Shou Tucker. Everything else is what you'd expect in every shounen out there.
archaaiApr 16, 2017 11:57 AM
Apr 16, 2017 1:18 PM
May 2015
On_the_Lam said:
It has a great premise, but mediocre execution.

YDOULIE said:

I've watched over 30 episodes and it's still as boring as it used to be in episode 1. The only interesting thing that has occurred throughout those 30 episodes was the event related to Shou Tucker. Everything else is what you'd expect in every shounen out there.

Eh, I disagree. I think despite it not being super action heavy, in the first half, it has really great story telling and the dialogue and character interactions are great. You really learn to care for the characters and their struggles, which makes all of the super interesting stuff that happens in the later half much more intense. Those first 30 or more episodes are setting the stage for the main story.

But again, it's different for everyone. Some will like it, other will not. That's how life is. But I do think 5 episodes is too quick to judge a 64 episode anime.

Apr 16, 2017 4:11 PM

Feb 2016
Zelev said:
MohAngelo said:
As someone who has seen the Original FMA, i thinkt he bor version is a knock off of the oringinal made to appeal to shounen fans :p

That's funny considering Brotherhood is the original, and the 2003 version is "original" in the sense that it has its own different ending.
Yup, and it's been made before the bro version so yeah, for me just it's being more accurate to the manga doesn't make it necessarily better, i finaly realized at the end of Bro that this latter didn't really had the element that made FMA to be it self..and sorry the Inglish xD hope u understood what i'm trying to say
Apr 16, 2017 4:18 PM
Nov 2016
I just have two words KING+BRADLEY.
Apr 16, 2017 6:59 PM
Aug 2011
FMA:B is superior to the original. Though FMA is just as epic, I still prefer Brotherhood and I think the animation/art style is lovely.
Apr 17, 2017 3:54 AM
Apr 17, 2017 6:19 AM

Feb 2016
Astaroth_F said:
anhthuongemsong said:
So in your opinion, great anime are anime that have good visual and badass characters?
In that case The irregular at magic high school and Aldnoah.Zero are great anime!

Not necessarily. But visual do help a lot. Take OnePunch Man for example, IMO the manga are not that good, but turns out great in anime, because of good visual.
While people say Dragon Ball is one of the greatest anime, not many will watch it nowadays because of old graphic.

ToG25thBaam said:
1. Unique art, not typical but far cry from ugly

2. Quality of picture? What?

3. Animation is one of the best I've seen for a long TV series.

4. 5 episodes in and you expect to understand everything about a 60+ episode series.

Your whole argument is based on your disdain for the art. I don't think you should continue watching until you get out of your puberty. The first two episodes are fillers by the way.

OK, I just read your other comments, how is it possible for you to claim that FMAB looks worse than Akame ga Kill, Magi, and Nanatsu no Taizai? Each of those series have huge, huge animation flaw that even someone not nitpicky like me could pinpoint. I can only conclude that at this point, you're talking about the art and not animation. You just don't like the art, don't have to force yourself to watch it you know. I didn't like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood too the first time I watched it, it wasn't until 4 or 5 years later where I give it another try and get to like the series.

Never force yourself when you watch an anime.

My whole argument is not all about art. Number 1 to 3 probably constitutes only about 40%. The rest are mainly because I failed to find the pace of the anime.
Yes it's art, not the animation. Never thought it could be broken down separately, but you're right anyway.
Did not noticed that there was animation flaw in those series. I just thought the movement is great.

Jixte said:
I can see where your coming from with your opinion, when I was trying to get my friend into it he had a similar opinion at the start and wasn't a fan of the art style or animation.

Its the storyline that he ended up loving, I would recommend pushing through, a lot of people say the first 10 episodes are weak and lacking but once it gets more deeper into the storyline later and the characters develop you might end up loving it like my friend did ^^ I find most people say its the last 10 episodes that really wins you over

anime-prime said:
Like some others are posting, the first season of brotherhood is a rushed version of the canon of the original series. Once you finish the majority of the first series, around episode 10, things will turn up. One thing I can say about brotherhood, is that each season is better than the last.

Thanks. Will give it a try.

Takamura-sama said:
What's good in FMAB?
Easy:

The last 20 episodes.

Does that mean I should start from the last 20?

OPM manga is amazing bro.
Apr 17, 2017 7:50 AM
Aug 2016
Manaburn said:
FMA:B is superior to the original. Though FMA is just as epic, I still prefer Brotherhood and I think the animation/art style is lovely.

But brotherhood was so bad at adaptating a lot of scenes from the manga. And the original has better artwork in my opinion
Apr 17, 2017 6:59 PM
Aug 2011
AAA_XD said:
Manaburn said:

But brotherhood was so bad at adaptating a lot of scenes from the manga. And the original has better artwork in my opinion

I'll admit that when you compare that particular scene, the original is so much better. And I'm going to have to rewatch FMA soon. Never been much of a manga reader though I do appreciate and respect it.
Apr 18, 2017 8:40 AM

Oct 2013
Please don't judge an anime for only 5 episodes, especially if it has 64 episodes!
The first episodes are rushed, as the creators assumed that everyone watched the first adaptation. If you want more details of the first episodes watch the 2003 version, it's much better in this point.

Watch a few more episodes, if you still don't like it, don't force yourself to watch.
Apr 18, 2017 8:48 AM

Jul 2009
Maybe try the original? It's actually superior to Brotherhood until the later arcs.
Apr 18, 2017 9:28 AM

Jun 2012
Nothing about it is great. It's not a masterpiece but it can be quite enjoyable nevertheless. Some of the angsty and puerile shounen tropes are a bit too strong for me and the comedic aspects are probably the best part of the show (albeit being what ruins many a 'serious' moment). A few good characters are introduced after a while. I liked it in spite of the art (I have no idea what people are talking about in reviews, even those who hate on the show tend to love the art) but it's a 7 IMO (the series itself, that is).
Apr 18, 2017 9:33 AM

Jan 2017
Takamura-sama said:
What's good in FMAB?
Easy:

The last 20 episodes.

The last 20 episodes were good but the ending was bad...

What?

Edit: Watch the 2003 version.
zumacApr 18, 2017 9:39 AM
Apr 18, 2017 10:50 AM

Aug 2009
Lol you've watched 5 episodes, and made all these assumptions... The picture quality improves over time. They introduce many many more characters, and the main plot line isn't necessarily shown in the first 5 episodes besides their own background circumstances...
Apr 18, 2017 10:59 AM

Jun 2015
zumac said:
Takamura-sama said:
What's good in FMAB?
Easy:

The last 20 episodes.

The last 20 episodes were good but the ending was bad...

What?

Edit: Watch the 2003 version.

The ending itself was badly written, but the last 20 episodes were really enjoyable.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Apr 18, 2017 11:14 AM

Jun 2015
I agree with the animation being not so great, it's very inconsistent. But the art is nice, at least. Well, at most points.

The show itself is only good at the beginning, I feel. The last forty episodes or so have terrible pacing, indulge in tropes too much, and feel tonally jarring. Nothing really happens for the most part and the annoying build-up to the climax has a terrible payoff.

Apr 18, 2017 2:30 PM

Jul 2016
it definitely gets rly good as you watch, it was one of the animes that got me into watching anime in the first place, i think it was my third one
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2017 7:23 PM

Mar 2016
absolutely nothing
it's a fucking overrated but largely decent shonen
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jun 20, 2017 9:22 AM

Nov 2015
Nothing it's trash.
And when 2 certain characters die in the first 13 episodes you don't give a shit.
Kimi no na wa is better.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jun 20, 2017 9:30 AM

Jun 2011
Animation? wow... you are going to ding this on animation. modern fans are so weird.

I prefer 2003 Full Metal Alchemist (better pacing and character to me and I actually like older animation)... I liked how the anime started better. But jeez standards are high. haha.

Still have no idea about the insistence to watch brotherhood over 2003... If you plan to watch, everyone should always start with 2003.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jun 20, 2017 9:47 AM

Jan 2016
I guess it's just not your thing, that's fine, I never understood the hype behind Toradora. What sold me the show was the relationship between the Elric brothers and the relationships had with later characters. I watched the original Full Metal, and have yet to dive into Brotherhood though, but my friends that have seen both say Brotherhood is a lot better so idk. If you don't like it, you don't, simple as that.
Jun 17, 2021 8:35 AM
Jun 2021
Hey there, I just stumbled upon your question here and I kinda want to reply. Well... maybe this will get buried but here goes:

I saw the thread and boy oh boy how the others become very defensive when you mentioned this, but I get your point. I think I can see the reason FMA:B is so universally praised. It's an excellent story that's consistently excellent right to the end. I watched it a few times and it still entertains me and gives me post-anime depression lol.

But I think maybe it's simply not your cup of tea. I believe everyone got into anime for different reasons. For me, I simply like to see the art, the animation and the story. FMA:B is different. It has all 3 and more. The story fits the medium perfectly. It also sets the standard for adventure anime and alchemy-themed anime as a whole.

I might be wrong but maybe FMA:B doesn't have what you're looking for. Like how the films Inception, Interstellar or Tenet is not everyone's cup of tea. They're certainly not mine lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.