Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 10, 2017 2:28 AM

Apr 2010
jedichicken said:
EfiChan said:
But for someone who read the novel... is it really comedy? I miseed the comedy part in this epiaode. the "oh, I'm going to defeat him alone and let you die" isn't the funniest...

Just finished this novel in Vietnamese (They have tons of translated Chinese novel compare to Japanese Light Novel and the language is pretty close). You guys can ask me anything.
Basically Lil Moon Moon tried to "accidentally" kill all of his teammate by using "aggro" (which is the case which damage dealer deal too much damage and tank cannot hold aggro, basic mmo term) in order to get all the loots and xp. He thought Ye Xiu is a noob and a healer so Moon Moon plan to keep him alive and kill him last in order to help kill the boss (He need a healer and he cannot kill the boss by himself). Ye Xiu realize he was messing with the aggro and stop healing to keep the aggro on Moon Moon. Ye Xiu also confident he can 1v1 the boss easily and wait till the guy die. The funny part is Moon Moon did not believe Ye Xiu can 1v1 the boss by himself so he start off by ordering- threatening then finally begging. He curse a lot at the end.

I understood what happened (though I still didn't really get the aggro part, just understood it can harm the player). But it wasn't funny, as it was obvious.

Apr 10, 2017 3:02 AM

Dec 2012
Show's almost better than the poor writing in the novel LUL
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Apr 10, 2017 3:56 AM
Aug 2015
eXtacy67 said:
HeicPy said:

for now IG is the strongest team so we might see a TI CHINA

Winning one lan tournament on home soil not does not make them strongest especially with a number of strong teams from europe and america missing from it.

you dont understand one thing, for example team liquid is strong team but other teams recognized one thing that banning invoker, wisp and so on key heroes from liquid makes the match much easier thats why this team lost it coz they didnt know how to adapt so fast, on the other hand IG had so many heroes on their list that they just destroyed every single team, the each individual played better than other teams individuals. so overall i can say that at this moment IG is the strongest team because every top tier 1 team attended that tournament, but who knows what will happen in KIEV major
Apr 10, 2017 6:40 AM

Feb 2014
Crimefridge said:
Show's almost better than the poor writing in the novel LUL

Then dont watch it, I mean for fucks sake
Apr 10, 2017 10:25 AM
Mar 2016
Ok, so it in't the usual cyberpunk that we all see in most anime/manga, but boy did the Chinese did a good job of making this, so 厲害
Apr 10, 2017 1:07 PM

Aug 2016
Aside from the CG, the animation for this anime is on Ufotable's level! It's gorgeous!! Plus this Chinese anime is badass!
Apr 10, 2017 4:35 PM

Sep 2012
at first chinese language in an anime sounds weird af but as you watch it till the end it feels like i'm just watching a normal japanese anime. actually they made it as good as japanese anime and the music is great as well.

i'm liking the story cuz ye xiu has memories about the game and what i want watch more is as he play the game he remember some parts he was completed before with a boy, seems like it was his friend.

its my first time to watch an anime that is not japanese but it is a well made for chinese people. looking forward for more of this
Apr 10, 2017 7:57 PM

Feb 2008
Far too much cg, and it felt like a lot of things were cut out. Also, it feels like they're going to skip everything that has to do with skill and just go with standard shounen OP stuff instead. It makes me wonder if they understood the source material at all. Hopefully it'll get better.
Apr 10, 2017 8:08 PM
Oct 2016
Anyone is there a japan dub ?
Apr 10, 2017 8:11 PM
Nov 2015
my friend recomend me this anime, out from my radar just suddently pop out from no where, this anime is good for alternative SAO.
Apr 10, 2017 8:12 PM
Apr 2017
Going_Mad said:
Anyone is there a japan dub ?

The source content is from a Chinese novel, I don't think there'll ever be a japanese version
Apr 10, 2017 9:17 PM

May 2008
This was bad and if anyone has ever watched any other anime in their lives to compare this to, I can't see how that person can give this a stamp of approval. This is the Handshakers tier garbage of the spring season.
Apr 10, 2017 9:47 PM

Dec 2015
So why do average Chinese animations like this and Gin no Guardian get put on MAL like it's officially Japanese anime; but other non-Japanese shows like RWBY get outcasted and labeled "not anime"? The admins of MAL are bizarre.

Anyway, this was an okay episode...a little too melodramatic.
Apr 10, 2017 9:52 PM

Aug 2013
Yup said:
This was bad and if anyone has ever watched any other anime in their lives to compare this to, I can't see how that person can give this a stamp of approval. This is the Handshakers tier garbage of the spring season.
You must have not seen clockwork and it should be the other way round.
I can't see how someone can give this a stamp of disapproval since you're only part of that 1% of people.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hylianticipated said:
So why do average Chinese anime like this and Gin no Guardian get put on MAL like it's officially Japanese anime; but other non-Japanese shows like RWBY get outcasted and labeled "not anime"? The admins of MAL are bizarre.

Maybe it's because china has been putting effort into learning animation from japan for the past few years. Some of them are joint projects and their producers, staff etc mostly consists of the japanese party as they try to pick up the skills from them. But yeah MAL admins are kinda bizarre.
Apr 10, 2017 10:43 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting start, surprised to see he didn't even wait a day to get back into the game. I thought that would go against the contract.
Apr 10, 2017 11:21 PM

May 2008
RediceRyan said:
Interesting start, surprised to see he didn't even wait a day to get back into the game. I thought that would go against the contract.

He's not playing in the professional scenes (just playing with normal people) so it's not against the contract.
Apr 11, 2017 1:40 AM

May 2016
Yup said:

How is this "Handshaker tier"?... the CG is 1000 times better implemented here than in that series which I assume is your criticism, even though your post doesn't actually say shit about why this is bad.
-Abyss_Walker-Apr 11, 2017 1:43 AM
Apr 11, 2017 8:09 AM
Oct 2007
This first episode is totally my type!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2017 8:20 AM

Dec 2015
-Terpsichore- said:
Hylianticipated said:
So why do average Chinese animations like this and Gin no Guardian get put on MAL like it's officially Japanese anime; but other non-Japanese shows like RWBY get outcasted and labeled "not anime"? The admins of MAL are bizarre.

Not really taking sides on this issue but it's kind of a problem because the word anime means such different things to different people.

If we consider RWBY as an anime then it's going to be because of its presentation style and storytelling inclinations, right? then that means something is defined as anime because of those factors, so then something like Crayon Shin Chan really wouldn't be anime, since RWBY is far closer in style to the vast majority of what's usually considered as anime. But then it becomes really subjective regarding when a show crosses that line to become anime, Avatar would probably be there but how about stuff like Samurai Jack? maybe Steven Universe?

I think in the end the majority definition of anime is simply going to expand into including Chinese and maybe South Korean productions as the animation industry in those countries grows.

I personally think that the kind of subconscious definition of anime for most people in Western countries is an animated show with a very different cultural background and flavor to it that makes it sort of exotic by nature.

You're right. I forgot that the Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans are all basically the same anyway.
Apr 11, 2017 1:19 PM
May 2009
Wait, a sec- Do the Chinese subs actually have notes? At 18:37 it looks like it's explaining what a "Roll" is in the top-right. That's actually pretty funny.
Apr 11, 2017 2:38 PM

Apr 2013
chinese shit. why is it even listed as anime
Apr 11, 2017 2:59 PM

May 2014
Hmm, it's okay so far. Not gonna lie, I was expecting a lot more out of this.

Art and animation is top notch. Soooo good...

I too, was expecting the game to be like DoTA or LoL, but I guess it's not.
Kinda makes no sense that the MC would give up his account like that and retire... like wtf. And the villains are already so boring and 1 dimensional. MC is pretty boring too, just your typical "omg he's the best at this" anime dude who obviously has higher morals than the rest of the characters 'cause he's just that good of a person. Bleh.
But I'll still keep watching this. I've always thought that an esports themed anime would make an interesting show to watch.
Apr 11, 2017 7:26 PM

May 2016
krzywasabi said:
Hmm, it's okay so far. Not gonna lie, I was expecting a lot more out of this.

Art and animation is top notch. Soooo good...

I too, was expecting the game to be like DoTA or LoL, but I guess it's not.
Kinda makes no sense that the MC would give up his account like that and retire... like wtf. And the villains are already so boring and 1 dimensional. MC is pretty boring too, just your typical "omg he's the best at this" anime dude who obviously has higher morals than the rest of the characters 'cause he's just that good of a person. Bleh.
But I'll still keep watching this. I've always thought that an esports themed anime would make an interesting show to watch.

From the impression given, the account was owned by the club and not really his so he had no choice but to give it away. It is explained that since he is no longer of value, he wanted to terminate his contract with the team which would result in penalties in the form payment but since the manager knows that he has no money, he came up with the terms that if the MC retire then he wouldn't have to pay.
Apr 11, 2017 10:29 PM
Apr 2017
Tsunagaremono said:
chinese shit. why is it even listed as anime
in fact,chinese is involved the production of almost all animate.(you can see chinese name in ed.)for example,attack on titan
Apr 12, 2017 12:30 AM

Aug 2015
Oh god I'm so excited. The art is nice, the voice acting is nice, it's satisfying to watch Ye Xiu kickass, I'm down for a good "hero returns from the ashes" story...all my simple pleasures are here.
The action is wonderful to enjoy without needing to read subs. An anime (if it can still be called that) in Mandarin is truly a rare pleasure. Honestly the fact it's in Mandarin makes me very biased towards it.
And I must say I LOVE Ye Xiu's voice. Especially when he gets all smug at the end. Ahhhhh
Great simple entertainment, which is exactly what I need in an anime (Chinese cartoon? Dong hua pian??) every now and then.
whitherApr 12, 2017 12:39 AM
Apr 12, 2017 2:44 AM

Mar 2017
We all know who'll claim the coveted Aegis at TI7.

*chants*

TnC! TnC! TnC!

Now will somebody explain to me how GLORY functions as a f*cking eSports. If it was a MOBA or an FPS or heck an RTS I wouldn't be having problems. But its an MMORPG (gotta cash in on the MMORPG craze amirite?) and balancing all the different skills and gears is practically impossible. DotA is balanced because all the heroes can be countered (except Wisp because beepbopbeep is god-tier glorious) not just by other heroes but by items readily available to everyone. In an MMO, all those different gears are not readily accessible to everyone and all the interactions they have will practically break the game balance, alienate the pros, and the game goes to whoever is the Jesus-kun wielding the Jesus-kun sword because it's not a matter of skills, reflexes, map awareness, and good game sense anymore.

And the GLORY's viewership must be horribly small or dedicated because the amount of skills and gears to keep track of must get terribly confusing so good luck with sponsorship.

I know there are MMOs experimenting with an eSports appeal but GLORY just doesn't feel that way.

And no, before somebody comes along and says "Well Quan Zhi Gao Shou is accurate and shows trolls and Leroy Jenkins and its funny becuase you can relate etc etc etc.", well so did Phantasy Star Online and that show was atrocious.

In summary: EG! EG! EG! Oh wait, I meant TnC! TnC! TnC!
EankiApr 12, 2017 2:47 AM
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Apr 12, 2017 4:27 AM

May 2016
le_halfhand_easy said:

*chants*

TnC! TnC! TnC!

Now will somebody explain to me how GLORY functions as a f*cking eSports. If it was a MOBA or an FPS or heck an RTS I wouldn't be having problems. But its an MMORPG (gotta cash in on the MMORPG craze amirite?) and balancing all the different skills and gears is practically impossible. DotA is balanced because all the heroes can be countered (except Wisp because beepbopbeep is god-tier glorious) not just by other heroes but by items readily available to everyone. In an MMO, all those different gears are not readily accessible to everyone and all the interactions they have will practically break the game balance, alienate the pros, and the game goes to whoever is the Jesus-kun wielding the Jesus-kun sword because it's not a matter of skills, reflexes, map awareness, and good game sense anymore.

And the GLORY's viewership must be horribly small or dedicated because the amount of skills and gears to keep track of must get terribly confusing so good luck with sponsorship.

I know there are MMOs experimenting with an eSports appeal but GLORY just doesn't feel that way.

And no, before somebody comes along and says "Well Quan Zhi Gao Shou is accurate and shows trolls and Leroy Jenkins and its funny becuase you can relate etc etc etc.", well so did Phantasy Star Online and that show was atrocious.

It is MMO esports like Blade and Soul, a very popular game in Asia, these are not experimental games but very successful ones.
-Abyss_Walker-Apr 12, 2017 4:39 AM
Apr 12, 2017 5:22 AM

Mar 2017
-Abyss_Walker- said:

It is MMO esports like Blade and Soul, a very popular game in Asia, these are not experimental games but very successful ones.

I know titles like Blade and Soul an Guild Wars 2 exists. Guild Wars did a pretty unique take on how to do it while Blade and Soul feels much closer to GLORY but eh still no. The horde of balance issues I feel lies within GLORY is scaring me. The potential for asspulls, the potential for BS rules that pop up because the plot needs it and then being forgotten because it's not relevant anymore... the potential for fuckups in general are massive. It's THAT type of anime and THAT type of story that I've seen over and over. I will stick to watching it for a review's sake but my senses are telling me not to expect much. If this was a MOBA then their job would be much easier and the margin for error would be smaller. There are plenty of sensational and exciting DotA matches for example that rivals a lot of mediocre anime series.

Case in point: the fight at the end of episode 1. (No, I'm not calling it a raid.) If we go by equipment difference, MC-kun would have aggro'd that boss in no time.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Apr 12, 2017 5:53 AM

May 2016
le_halfhand_easy said:
-Abyss_Walker- said:

I know titles like Blade and Soul an Guild Wars 2 exists. Guild Wars did a pretty unique take on how to do it while Blade and Soul feels much closer to GLORY but eh still no. The horde of balance issues I feel lies within GLORY is scaring me. The potential for asspulls, the potential for BS rules that pop up because the plot needs it and then being forgotten because it's not relevant anymore... the potential for fuckups in general are massive. It's THAT type of anime and THAT type of story that I've seen over and over. I will stick to watching it for a review's sake but my senses are telling me not to expect much. If this was a MOBA then their job would be much easier and the margin for error would be smaller. There are plenty of sensational and exciting DotA matches for example that rivals a lot of mediocre anime series.

Case in point: the fight at the end of episode 1. (No, I'm not calling it a raid.) If we go by equipment difference, MC-kun would have aggro'd that boss in no time.

If you are afraid of all those writing problems then it doesn't really matter what genre the game is set in as things like asspulls can always be thrown in if the author is being lazy or incompetent, MOBA or no it doesn't matter. Also how can you say GLORY has balance issues when they haven't even showcased how the professional tournaments are played.

The fight you are talking about, he was only healing and not actually attacking the boss so he wouldn't have taken aggro, at least not as easily compared to the tank.
-Abyss_Walker-Apr 12, 2017 6:18 AM
Apr 12, 2017 5:57 AM

Sep 2016
-Abyss_Walker- said:
le_halfhand_easy said:

If you are afraid of all those writing problems then it doesn't really matter what genre the game is set in as things like asspulls can always be thrown in if the author is being lazy or incompetent, MOBA or no it doesn't matter.

The fight you are talking about, he was only healing and not actually attacking the boss no he wouldn't have taken aggro, at least not as easily compared to the tank.
maybe he means MMORPG doesn't work as an E-sports, because esports is a skill based game (dota, fps, fighting) instead of leveling/grindy/p2w based game.

that's why grindy games like card games and lol is just a joke as an e-sport because it's not balanced (you need to 'unlock' bunch of stuff before you can even play with equal standing)
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 12, 2017 6:04 AM

May 2016
GangsterCat said:
-Abyss_Walker- said:

If you are afraid of all those writing problems then it doesn't really matter what genre the game is set in as things like asspulls can always be thrown in if the author is being lazy or incompetent, MOBA or no it doesn't matter.

The fight you are talking about, he was only healing and not actually attacking the boss no he wouldn't have taken aggro, at least not as easily compared to the tank.
maybe he means MMORPG doesn't work as an E-sports, because esports is a skill based game (dota, fps, fighting) instead of leveling/grindy/p2w based game.

that's why grindy games like card games and lol is just a joke as an e-sport because it's not balanced (you need to 'unlock' bunch of stuff before you can even play with equal standing)

I don't think that what he meant since he acknowledged that there are MMO e-sports games (or at least implied that anyways) and those games do require a lot of skill, you can always look at some of the tournament of games like Blade and Soul, they are fast paced and fun to watch.
Apr 12, 2017 6:46 AM

Dec 2015
Gotta say, the first episode was super average. While the animation of the characters isn't bad compared to most Japanese produced anime, the background characters are on PS2 level. Also mandarin sounds like shit so this is probably gonna be tough.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 12, 2017 11:39 AM

Aug 2015
It was OK. Has potential, and I hope isn't so slow ,In getting the episodes.

Apr 12, 2017 1:59 PM

Jan 2012
Less CGI would have been nicer but otherwise this looks pretty good :D
Apr 12, 2017 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
that wasn't half bad
Apr 12, 2017 10:44 PM

Jul 2013
le_halfhand_easy said:

*chants*

TnC! TnC! TnC!

I guess you'll just have to wait until they animate the tournaments.

Though I think a flaw of the anime is that it doesn't go into detail about the gaming aspect of the show. The novel explains the skills and stuff, but the anime glosses over them with cool special effects and animation. So it'll draw the attention of action-fans but I imagine this will annoy many actual gamers...
Apr 13, 2017 1:25 AM
Sep 2015
glad they make chineese adaptation of sao
Apr 13, 2017 6:55 AM

May 2014
Sigh... well this is like a very bad version of SAO with crappy CGI
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 13, 2017 8:43 AM

Sep 2009
Don't know why, MC's voice is so fking sexy
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 13, 2017 10:26 AM

Jun 2013
Much better than expected, and the ed song was totally Kickass.
Apr 13, 2017 1:20 PM
Apr 2017
MortalMelancholy said:

I have the same feeling, he is the popular voice actor in China XD
but confused and sad...why everybody feels Chinese language is sharp???
Apr 13, 2017 1:53 PM

Dec 2013
As someone who can speak chinese, this was quite unbearable to my ears. Not that its bad or anything, its just that after watching anime for years in Japanese, its SUPER awkward to hear it in chinese that I speak. Especially with the subtitles there it makes it even more awkward. Its kind of like people watching anime in Japanese and having to listen to it in english dubbed, it just sounds god awful for many people. Maybe for people who don't understand chinese it wouldn't make that much of a difference, but because I can understand it, it makes me cringe so hard lol

The art and everything else is actually quite amazing though~
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Apr 13, 2017 1:56 PM

Dec 2013
huahulan said:
MortalMelancholy said:

I also speak chinese, but from Taiwan not China, and whenever I listen to mainland speakers speaking mandarin with their accents, its pretty intense or sharp to me, but thats because Taiwanese way of speaking mandarin is much more different.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Apr 13, 2017 3:55 PM

Dec 2014
My main language is french, but i got the opportunity to learn mandarin in China for two years. Which is better, japanese or mandarin ? Mandarin sounds really bad, or really weird unlike japanese sounds really beautiful.
But one point I prefer mandarin, this is sounds more realistic for me, even if the words are stretched af.
Both language has their pros and cons, a change does not hurt :p.

I really like this first ep, even if the hero is really like the typical chinese, who is really withdrawn, can't express his real emotion in the first ep when he had to give his account to the new captain. (If it was me I gonna punch him for sure xD)
But overall I like his personality for now, also Mu Cheng such a beauty and a person that can help the hero to develop in life and in game.
Going to watch the next ep.
Apr 13, 2017 5:32 PM

Sep 2009
huahulan said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Dunno. Chinese has like, 3 or 4 different ways to pronounce a single vowel sound, so I assume the language needs to be particularly accurate/crisp?
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 13, 2017 5:54 PM
Apr 2017
kingsheep812 said:
huahulan said:

I also speak chinese, but from Taiwan not China, and whenever I listen to mainland speakers speaking mandarin with their accents, its pretty intense or sharp to me, but thats because Taiwanese way of speaking mandarin is much more different.

i think Taiwanese speaks Chinese softer (but a little bit way too sweet for me? ) and i do like it since i speak same dialect comparing to the north part of China.
But i really don't see any "sharp" problems in this anime (some part is awkward an d unnatural though...)
Apr 13, 2017 6:10 PM

Dec 2013
MortalMelancholy said:
huahulan said:

Dunno. Chinese has like, 3 or 4 different ways to pronounce a single vowel sound, so I assume the language needs to be particularly accurate/crisp?

loool thats actually kinda accurate, but also similarly with english sentences, even if you mispronounce a word, it can still make sense within the context of the sentence. Which is the same with chinese, people from different parts of China have super different accents that sometimes sound like a totally different language~

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Apr 13, 2017 6:11 PM

Dec 2013
huahulan said:
kingsheep812 said:

i think Taiwanese speaks Chinese softer (but a little bit way too sweet for me? ) and i do like it since i speak same dialect comparing to the north part of China.
But i really don't see any "sharp" problems in this anime (some part is awkward an d unnatural though...)

Yeah, southern china accent is not sharp, usually only Shanghai and above like Beijing or Shenyang accents are pretty sharp because they are in the north

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Apr 13, 2017 9:18 PM

Feb 2015
Claps, a well done Chinese anime. Finally something I can watch without subs!
Apr 13, 2017 10:46 PM
May 2015
Is there anyone who has the download link for episode 3 RAW?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjohn »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

163 by Nat_V »»
Oct 13, 2022 11:53 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - Jun 15, 2017

148 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 18, 2022 7:18 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jun 8, 2017

62 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 17, 2022 8:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.