Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 10, 2017 7:22 PM
Oct 2012
Nico- said:
Don't know because I'm not Jewish and I don't know much about it. But my point stands that the big bankers (Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Bilderbergs etc.) and media elites (New York Times, MSNBC, and MTV having a majority Jewish staff at the top) are coincidentally Jewish by blood.

Uhm, the Rockefellers aren't Jewish, they are of Baptist descent. If Jewish concentration of media ownership is a problem, then to argue against it you really need to have your facts in order.
Takuan_SohoApr 10, 2017 7:25 PM
Apr 10, 2017 7:39 PM

Mar 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
Do you not know how to use the internet? Open the article. The second paragraph starts: "So says a new study. The bold part is blue because it is a hyperliink.

Anyway: http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms5835

It didnt show as a hyper-link for me.

Okay so it had a lot of people involved so that's good. Although hard to find info on them. First guy Shai Carmi is from the Hebrew university of Jerusalem which makes me a bit sceptical after looking into what that school is but at least i dont see anything from him stating an obvious religious political leanings.

My problem was your claim they arent european. Your cited study doesnt say that either. Maybe you just used poor wording and meant originally they were possibly from the "near east" or middle eastern and blended with europens. Also there is my point i brought up with thebraininthejar about how Christian and Muslim groups would also likely have some of their own genetic distinctions from opposition to interfaith marriage so I see no reason to give Jews special treatment of classification that others dont have. Although Judaism is older so at least there is that but I think it's silly to mix religion and genetics.

Takuan_Soho said:
Perhaps because such people seem incapable of having an honest discussion about Jews or Israel, and immediately leap to conspiracies and rants?

But Im not one of them.... soooo...

Guess what type of people want Jews to be different? Not just Zionists but also Anti-semites.
http://davidduke.com/new-genetic-study-confirms-racial-basis-judaism/
traedApr 10, 2017 7:43 PM
Apr 10, 2017 7:47 PM

Jun 2011
NudeBear said:
European Jews are most definitely European.

"Le Jews have a middle eastern origin dating back to thousands of years ago..."

Who gives a fuck lmao.

Ethnic Jews have more of a cultural connection than a genetic one. All you need to be considered a Jew is to have a Jewish mother, so any origin would be diluted over time.
Apr 10, 2017 7:50 PM
Jul 2018
Takuan_Soho said:
Nico- said:
Don't know because I'm not Jewish and I don't know much about it. But my point stands that the big bankers (Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Bilderbergs etc.) and media elites (New York Times, MSNBC, and MTV having a majority Jewish staff at the top) are coincidentally Jewish by blood.

Uhm, the Rockefellers aren't Jewish, they are of Baptist descent. If Jewish concentration of media ownership is a problem, then to argue against it you really need to have your facts in order.

tfw anyone who has money is apparently jewish now
Apr 10, 2017 8:06 PM
Oct 2012
traed said:
Okay so it had a lot of people involved so that's good. Although hard to find info on them. First guy Shai Carmi is from the Hebrew university of Jerusalem which makes me a bit sceptical after looking into what that school is but at least i dont see anything from him stating an obvious religious political leanings.

The ironic thing is that I don't knock you for being skeptical, I am. But I always make a point of doing my homework BEFORE expressing my skepticism. That is what I am primarily chiding you for. I told you this before on other threads: there are good arguments to be made against Israeli expansionism and in the US of too much concentration of media ownership - but in order to be effective one needs to have their facts in order. If one doesn't, they are aiding what they seek to speak out against.

traed said:
My problem was your claim they arent european. Your cited study doesnt say that either. Maybe you just used poor wording and meant originally they were possibly from the "near east" or middle eastern and blended with europens. Also there is my point i brought up with thebraininthejar about how Christian and Muslim groups would also likely have some of their own genetic distinctions from opposition to interfaith marriage so I see no reason to give Jews special treatment of classification that others dont have. Although Judaism is older so at least there is that but I think it's silly to mix religion and genetics.

But that is what IS fascinating about the study. Despite living in Europe for 2,000 years, despite having a bottleneck of only 330 people in the past, a group of people have managed to preserve their genetic identity because they HAVEN'T intermarried. It makes them an enormously interesting genetic experiment.

I don't think you are an American, are you? I only bring this up because in not being one you don't quite understand how Americans think. If you are one you need to do more research or meet people outside of your milieu.

David Duke is not anti-Semitic. Yes, he is a former member of the KKK and the KKK does not want Jews to be in the US, but this is why they are the biggest supporters of Israel. One, they want Jews to leave; Two, according to Baptist dogma, the rapture can only occur when the Jews are congregated once again in Israel.
Apr 10, 2017 8:31 PM

Mar 2008
NudeBear said:
traed said:

My problem was your claim they arent european.

It's some crazy one drop rule eh?
Yfw someone tells you're not of "European descent" because your grandparents from dozens of centuries ago migrated from the middle east.

Maybe I should start telling people I'm not European, I'm African.

Takuan_Soho said:
The ironic thing is that I don't knock you for being skeptical, I am. But I always make a point of doing my homework BEFORE expressing my skepticism. That is what I am primarily chiding you for. I told you this before on other threads: there are good arguments to be made against Israeli expansionism and in the US of too much concentration of media ownership - but in order to be effective one needs to have their facts in order. If one doesn't, they are aiding what they seek to speak out against.

I was saying that as a reason to ask for the info. Some people dont like to do that if they think they dont have to.

Takuan_Soho said:
But that is what IS fascinating about the study. Despite living in Europe for 2,000 years, despite having a bottleneck of only 330 people in the past, a group of people have managed to preserve their genetic identity because they HAVEN'T intermarried. It makes them an enormously interesting genetic experiment.

I don't think you are an American, are you? I only bring this up because in not being one you don't quite understand how Americans think. If you are one you need to do more research or meet people outside of your milieu.

David Duke is not anti-Semitic. Yes, he is a former member of the KKK and the KKK does not want Jews to be in the US, but this is why they are the biggest supporters of Israel. One, they want Jews to leave; Two, according to Baptist dogma, the rapture can only occur when the Jews are congregated once again in Israel.

I would say that sample size is too small to claim they only came from 330 people for sure. Also since they arent pure blooded so to speak it's not that interesting aside from how you could track migration of that particular group but same is true of any other group.

I'm a third generation American and have lived in three states. What does that have to do with anything?

That was just an example I used since he cited the same study. You already should know Anti-semites mostly hate Jews as an ethnic or racial group not just a religious group. I also dislike how the term anti-semite is used since Arabs are semites too.
Apr 10, 2017 8:39 PM
Oct 2012
traed said:
I would say that sample size is too small to claim they only came from 330 people for sure. Also since they arent pure blooded so to speak it's not that interesting aside from how you could track migration of that particular group but same is true of any other group.

Actually the sample size is large enough to be able to say what they said. It's actually better documented than the "Eve Hypothesis"

traed said:
I'm a third generation American and have lived in three states. What does that have to do with anything?

I explained it. First, no American would quote a David Duke musing. The man is an idiot and an opportunist. I was giving you the benefit of doubt. That you admit you do not know who he is, well, that is telling....
Apr 10, 2017 10:50 PM

Mar 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
Actually the sample size is large enough to be able to say what they said. It's actually better documented than the "Eve Hypothesis

Based on...? It's better of the sample size is larger than the proposed original group size.

Takuan_Soho said:
I explained it. First, no American would quote a David Duke musing. The man is an idiot and an opportunist. I was giving you the benefit of doubt. That you admit you do not know who he is, well, that is telling....

What are going on about? I know he is.
www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/1.751169
http://davidduke.com/category/jewish-supremacism-2/
Apr 11, 2017 12:33 AM

May 2015
Nico- said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
How Jewish are they? Do they just happen to have Jewish parents and occasionally light a menorah?

traed said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
Do you think Black people are a race? If yes or no, why?

Race is just a cultural concept not anything grouped by genetics except when people try to redefine it to mean that and when that is the case black, white and so on is far too simplistic to describe the groupings. Genetic similarity comes from geographic origin. Of course i wouldn't deny that cultural influence of religion could have an influence on genetic mixing or lack there of with other groups but for what you would have of discouragement of interfaith marriage you would see in Judaism would also be the case for Christianity and Islam.

You're consistent in your thinking. That's good. I do agree race is crap, but ethnic groups are a bit harder to get rid of. Put a bunch of people in close proximity and they'll develop a common ground unique to them.
Identity isn't just 'by blood', it also needs the subject's agency, its decision to appropriate the identity and make it a part of their own. So you'll have to elaborate on the nature of their Jewishness, else you're just doing racial pseudoscience.
TheBrainintheJarApr 11, 2017 12:45 AM
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Apr 12, 2017 10:42 PM

Apr 2014
Jews are extremely disproportionately represented in subversive movements like communism, the Frankfurt School, etc. There are powerful Jewish organizations that push mass immigration in the West, while they push the opposite for Israel. They are also the root of the neocon movement, and are the cause of these endless wars in the Middle East. You can't possibly maintain that the US would have such a perverse relationship with Israel if not for Jewish power having a stranglehold on the West.

You don't need a conspiracy theory. It's right there in the open. If you can admit that terrorism is a Muslim problem, but not admit that globalism is a Jewish problem, then you're not being consistent. In both cases, it's #NotAll, but that's beside the point.
Apr 12, 2017 11:42 PM

Mar 2008
TheBrainintheJar said:
You're consistent in your thinking. That's good. I do agree race is crap, but ethnic groups are a bit harder to get rid of. Put a bunch of people in close proximity and they'll develop a common ground unique to them.
Identity isn't just 'by blood', it also needs the subject's agency, its decision to appropriate the identity and make it a part of their own. So you'll have to elaborate on the nature of their Jewishness, else you're just doing racial pseudoscience.

ethnicity is hard to define. It's basically based on culture and nation of origin but cultural boundaries are imaginary. Cultures near eachoter or worlds apart can be basically the same sometimes. Cultures mix and mash and exchange all the time. Nation states are just imaginary lines drawn out arbitrarily.

Altairius said:
Jews are extremely disproportionately represented in subversive movements like communism

Prove it with a valid source.
the Frankfurt School

No one gives a fuck about Frankfurt School but Nazis.
There are powerful Jewish organizations that push mass immigration in the West, while they push the opposite for Israel.

So name them...
They are also the root of the neocon movement

How?
and are the cause of these endless wars in the Middle East

Some of the wars yes. All of them? No. Most of them? Doesnt seem so.
You can't possibly maintain that the US would have such a perverse relationship with Israel if not for Jewish power having a stranglehold on the West.

It's not really from some secret Jewlord. It's because of the high amount of evangelical Christians that are zionists but it is also from how Israel was created. The US and UK are trying to keep responsible for supporting the nation state they birthed.
You don't need a conspiracy theory. It's right there in the open.

Conspiracy theories means there is a conspiracy. Youre delusional if you think Jews all want the same thing.
If you can admit that terrorism is a Muslim problem, but not admit that globalism is a Jewish problem, then you're not being consistent. In both cases, it's #NotAll, but that's beside the point.

Define globalism... that could mean a lot of things.
Apr 13, 2017 12:17 PM

Aug 2011
Altairius said:
Jews are extremely disproportionately represented in subversive movements like communism, the Frankfurt School, etc. There are powerful Jewish organizations that push mass immigration in the West, while they push the opposite for Israel. They are also the root of the neocon movement, and are the cause of these endless wars in the Middle East. You can't possibly maintain that the US would have such a perverse relationship with Israel if not for Jewish power having a stranglehold on the West.

You don't need a conspiracy theory. It's right there in the open. If you can admit that terrorism is a Muslim problem, but not admit that globalism is a Jewish problem, then you're not being consistent. In both cases, it's #NotAll, but that's beside the point.
You make bold claims and I would appreciate it if you substantiate them. Open my eyes please, or else it'll stay as a conspiracy.
incisorr said:
i love it when people start acting like some neutral almighty unbiased godly judge and they even believe their own shit, suddenly its not their thoughts and opinions anymore but the righteous justice god way, they are unbiased, non-subjective, they just are! To be honest, everyone is like this quite often, me included, but i don't forget myself and i still post a lot of personal shit which is what forums are made for , if they didn't want us to have our own style and posts it would be an article instead a forum thread.
Apr 13, 2017 1:32 PM

Aug 2013
Altairius said:
Jews are extremely disproportionately represented in subversive movements like communism
The way you alt right guys talk about how all the Jews run big businesses and are only into making money and stuff I would think they would be heavily into capitalism not communism. Karl Marx was Jewish but he wasn't into religion because he said religion is the opiate of the masses and a communist leader like Stalin saw Jews as being part of the bourgeoisie.
Apr 13, 2017 1:38 PM

Jun 2014
They don't usually mean Jews in the literal sense when talking about "Da jooz". It's more often used to generalise all people who promote non-traditional values and globalism.
It's one big meme, really.

Apr 13, 2017 1:48 PM

Jun 2016
I thought we were past the point when people thought all the Jews were a bunch of middle-eastern dudes holed up in Israel.
'Jew' nowadays is just another word for Bogeyman among some groups, pretty much on the same level as 'Nazi' and the such.
Apr 13, 2017 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
Nico- said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
How Jewish are they? Do they just happen to have Jewish parents and occasionally light a menorah?

Talking about White Privilege isn't racist, but talking about Jewish Privilege is.

http://chicagoist.com/2017/03/16/jewish_privilege_flyers_at_uic.php
Apr 13, 2017 8:48 PM
Apr 13, 2017 9:37 PM
Feb 2017
eGirlSlaying said:
Because the oh-so intelligent conspiracy theorists in the world think that a bunch of non-practicing (not Jews) Jews by blood are all in on a global conspiracy to control the entire world, and to be part of this super secret illuminati club you have to somehow be considered Jewish, or live in Israel. This coupled with endless amounts of strawmanning takes on a hilarious form of irony that yes... the entire world is run by.... you guess it, THE JEWS!

It's akin to those who think the Earth is flat; anyone who disagrees with them and EVERYONE who supports the "ball Earth theory" is in on the conspiracy that the Earth is actually flat. Yes, literally everyone that has put satellites into space or flown the globe is in on it, with NASA at the helm.

but the earth IS flat. i don't see why people think otherwise.
Apr 14, 2017 1:37 AM

Apr 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
Altairius said:
The way you alt right guys talk about how all the Jews run big businesses and are only into making money and stuff I would think they would be heavily into capitalism not communism. Karl Marx was Jewish but he wasn't into religion because he said religion is the opiate of the masses and a communist leader like Stalin saw Jews as being part of the bourgeoisie.

They're into both, as it turns out. Jacob Schiff (big American capitalist Jew) was one of the biggest financial supporters of the Bolsheviks. It's almost like there's some tribal interest here that transcends political ideology.
Apr 14, 2017 1:41 AM
Jul 2018
Altairius said:
DrGeroCreation said:

They're into both, as it turns out. Jacob Schiff (big American capitalist Jew) was one of the biggest financial supporters of the Bolsheviks. It's almost like there's some tribal interest here that transcends political ideology.

jesus you child where are you pulling these unfounded conspiracy theories from
Apr 14, 2017 4:15 AM

May 2015
traed said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

ethnicity is hard to define. It's basically based on culture and nation of origin but cultural boundaries are imaginary. Cultures near eachoter or worlds apart can be basically the same sometimes. Cultures mix and mash and exchange all the time. Nation states are just imaginary lines drawn out arbitrarily.

Altairius said:

Prove it with a valid source.
the Frankfurt School

No one gives a fuck about Frankfurt School but Nazis.
There are powerful Jewish organizations that push mass immigration in the West, while they push the opposite for Israel.

So name them...
They are also the root of the neocon movement

How?
and are the cause of these endless wars in the Middle East

Some of the wars yes. All of them? No. Most of them? Doesnt seem so.
You can't possibly maintain that the US would have such a perverse relationship with Israel if not for Jewish power having a stranglehold on the West.

It's not really from some secret Jewlord. It's because of the high amount of evangelical Christians that are zionists but it is also from how Israel was created. The US and UK are trying to keep responsible for supporting the nation state they birthed.
You don't need a conspiracy theory. It's right there in the open.

Conspiracy theories means there is a conspiracy. Youre delusional if you think Jews all want the same thing.
If you can admit that terrorism is a Muslim problem, but not admit that globalism is a Jewish problem, then you're not being consistent. In both cases, it's #NotAll, but that's beside the point.

Define globalism... that could mean a lot of things.

I do agree that the lines between cultures are blurry, but just because they are it doesn't mean I can't recognize a Jew.

Besides, whether Jews-as-an-ethnicity exist doesn't matter regarding antisemetism. If discrimination exists, it exists regardless of whether its basis is imaginary or not.

Nico- said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

That's like those who say that since a lot of CEO's are men, therefore it's good to be a man. As if a minority of successful men means we all benefit from it.
TheBrainintheJarApr 14, 2017 4:37 AM
Apr 14, 2017 12:12 PM

Mar 2008
@TheBrainintheJar
There is no singular Jewish culture though. There is several ones with some similarities.

Yeah I didn't say it doesn't. I'm against the term "anti-semitism". First off it conflates the religion and the ethnicity. It also ignores the fact Arabs are also semites. Lastly it gives special treatment to Jews no one else gets. You don't usually see people being bigoted about any other religious group or ethnicity or race getting a special term for them except Muslims who try to make Islamophobia a thing. I don't think either terms need to exist. It's just bigotry same as any other.
Apr 14, 2017 12:25 PM
Oct 2012
traed said:
You don't usually see people being bigoted about any other religious group or ethnicity or race getting a special term for them except Muslims who try to make Islamophobia a thing. I don't think either terms need to exist. It's just bigotry same as any other.

That makes no sense. A special term is needed because there is no general term for it. Racists are biased against different races, so you don't need "anti-negroid" or "anti-mongoloid" or whatever, but since Judaism is not a race, nor is it a religion, a special term was needed, particularly because they are singled out so often.

Antisemitism I agree is a misnomer, since there are more Semite races, but that is the term that has been historically used, so what better word is there?
Apr 14, 2017 1:21 PM

Mar 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
traed said:
You don't usually see people being bigoted about any other religious group or ethnicity or race getting a special term for them except Muslims who try to make Islamophobia a thing. I don't think either terms need to exist. It's just bigotry same as any other.

That makes no sense. A special term is needed because there is no general term for it. Racists are biased against different races, so you don't need "anti-negroid" or "anti-mongoloid" or whatever, but since Judaism is not a race, nor is it a religion, a special term was needed, particularly because they are singled out so often.

Antisemitism I agree is a misnomer, since there are more Semite races, but that is the term that has been historically used, so what better word is there?

It's called religious bigotry or religious persecution.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_persecution

1The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
‘ideas about the relationship between science and religion’

1.1count noun A particular system of faith and worship.
‘the world's great religions’

1.2count noun A pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.
‘consumerism is the new religion’

Sure as fuck sounds like a religion. Oh i know... because it is.

1The monotheistic religion of the Jews.

1.1 The Jews collectively.

Anti-Judaism ?
Apr 14, 2017 1:26 PM
Oct 2012
traed said:
It's called religious bigotry or religious persecution.

Hitler didn't kill Jews because of their religion. He even went after those who converted to Christianity. One drop of Jewish blood was enough.

And that is why we need a special word. It's not JUST religious persecution and it's not JUST racism, it is a combination of the two, and then something more, because people who aren't racist or religious bigots can be antisemitic

traed said:
Anti-Judaism ?

A more accurate word, but good luck changing 200 years of near universal usage!
Apr 14, 2017 2:15 PM

Mar 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
Hitler didn't kill Jews because of their religion. He even went after those who converted to Christianity. One drop of Jewish blood was enough.

And that is why we need a special word. It's not JUST religious persecution and it's not JUST racism, it is a combination of the two, and then something more, because people who aren't racist or religious bigots can be antisemitic

He disliked them since they were Polish immigrants and descendants of immigrants who practiced Judaism or its cultural aspects.

"one drop"
No
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mischling

These high ranking Nazis are all part "Jew"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erhard_Milch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emil_Maurice
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermann_Göring

Hitler's doctor was Jewish.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduard_Bloch

But they arent a race. I already went over this. You're literally agreeing with Hitler that they are a race. Using that same argument you might as well try to legitimize Islamophobia lol It's just stupid.

Takuan_Soho said:
A more accurate word, but good luck changing 200 years of near universal usage!

So Arab Muslims being a major group of Anti-Semites are Anti-Semetic Semites.
Apr 14, 2017 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
The Jewish thing with the Nazis was cause they had money that could be given to all the people who were getting welfare from the government.

This was a nation that a couple years ago if you had a tear in your shirt you were financially ruined, the Nazis were supported cause they made life great for the German people via Keynesian economics on steroids and in order to fund all of it they went after the Jews and anyone else that the Germans wouldn't complain about if something bad happen to them in order to get he money.

When they started doing it in places like Ukraine the Nazi officials actually asked the guy in charge why was doing and he said he was doing it cause some Jew there had at least a penny that could be given for some German to get some welfare. They wanted any penny that they could get to fund their government programs.

Apr 14, 2017 2:27 PM
Oct 2012

Goring wasn't Jewish, he had a Jewish Godfather.

Until Hitler was 18. Seriously, do you all actually read the things you post? Hitler's family wasn't antisemitic, indeed as a starving artist in Vienna, a Jewish man supported his artistic endeavors. The source of Hitler's antisemitism has long been debated since it came rather later in his life.

Not Jewish, so 3 out of four are bad.

Emil Maurice is the only one, and he had only 1 great grandfather who was Jewish. Odds were neither he nor Hitler knew about this when they became friends in 1919, and it was only that extremely long friendship (and extreme personal loyalty to Hitler) that spared him.
Takuan_SohoApr 14, 2017 2:43 PM
Apr 14, 2017 2:30 PM

Feb 2010
spuukiebuugi said:
Altairius said:

jesus you child where are you pulling these unfounded conspiracy theories from

from his rear or a nazi worshiper site that he does not want to post because he knows its not a valid source
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 14, 2017 2:36 PM

May 2013
Neane93 said:
The Jewish thing with the Nazis was cause they had money that could be given to all the people who were getting welfare from the government.

This was a nation that a couple years ago if you had a tear in your shirt you were financially ruined, the Nazis were supported cause they made life great for the German people via Keynesian economics on steroids and in order to fund all of it they went after the Jews and anyone else that the Germans wouldn't complain about if something bad happen to them in order to get he money.

When they started doing it in places like Ukraine the Nazi officials actually asked the guy in charge why was doing and he said he was doing it cause some Jew there had at least a penny that could be given for some German to get some welfare. They wanted any penny that they could get to fund their government programs.

"The Jewish Thing" had to do with a lot more than economics. It seems the Nazis blamed just about everything on the Jews, including the pollution of their genetics...

Um, you do realize that german yiddish people lived in ghettos, right? They were scarcely better off. That's what's so fucked up about the holocaust... the Nazis literally attacked a defenseless group of people for no reason.

They may have used a war machine to pull Germany out of the ghetto, but they did it for completely illogical reasons, and the fact that some of you guys seem to have a hard time understanding this is actually quite shocking...
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Apr 14, 2017 2:42 PM
Oct 2012
hazerddex said:
from his rear or a nazi worshiper site that he does not want to post because he knows its not a valid source

Ironically Jacob Schiff was also accused of being Pro-German after WWI. Poor man gets it both ways.
Apr 14, 2017 2:49 PM
Jul 2018
Takuan_Soho said:
hazerddex said:

Ironically Jacob Schiff was also accused of being Pro-German after WWI. Poor man gets it both ways.

look, alitarius is a neonazi and has repeatedly proven himself to be a neonazi, i'm not gonna hear any justification about it.
removed-userApr 14, 2017 3:01 PM
Apr 14, 2017 2:55 PM

Jun 2015
What's up with users creating threads with questions they already know the answers to?

Apr 14, 2017 3:05 PM
Oct 2012
spuukiebuugi said:
look, alitarius is a neonazi and has repeatedly proven himself to be a neonazi, i'm not gonna hear any justification about it.

What? I think you misread my intent. I didn't justify it. I just said that it was ironic that alitarius was attacking Jacob Schiff for being "pro-Communist" when after WWI Mr Schiff was attacked for being "pro-German" by the French.

My "poor man" was Jacob Schiff, he was the one getting baseless accusations from both directions!

Apr 14, 2017 3:06 PM

Mar 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
Goring wasn't Jewish, he had a Jewish Godfather.

I think I misread Godfather as grandfather.

Takuan_Soho said:
Until Hitler was 18. Seriously, do you all actually read the things you post? Hitler's family wasn't antisemitic, indeed as a starving artist in Vienna, a Jewish man supported his artistic endeavors. The source of Hitler's antisemitism has long been debated since it came rather later in his life.

I was going by memory and just grabbed first link that came up. I think I meant this guy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodor_Morell

Takuan_Soho said:
Not Jewish, so 3 out of four are bad.

He was accused of being Jewish because his father was a Jew but his mother then tried to later claim his father was someone else so I guess it depends how you look at it. I guess since they didnt count him as Jewish on account of that even though he probably was so it's a bit off point of what i was focusing on.

Takuan_Soho said:
Emil Maurice is the only one, and he had only 1 great grandfather who was Jewish. Odds were neither he nor Hitler knew about this when they became friends in 1919, and it was only that extremely long friendship (and extreme personal loyalty to Hitler) that spared him.

You said "one drop" . No backtracking. Also i was just listing off higher ranking people as i pointed out if a person was only partially Jewish in ancestory and did not practice Judaism they had a chance to be let off. So he did treat it as a race but also religion did play a role.
Apr 14, 2017 6:36 PM
Oct 2012
traed said:
You said "one drop" . No backtracking. Also i was just listing off higher ranking people as i pointed out if a person was only partially Jewish in ancestory and did not practice Judaism they had a chance to be let off. So he did treat it as a race but also religion did play a role.

Well, if you read the cite you provided you would realize that NORMALLY even having a great grandfather was bad enough.

That Hitler made personal exemptions once in a while doesn't disprove the general assertion that for everyone else, the "one drop" was enough. Hitler was a bit of a hypocrite, why is that surprising? Everyone one is when things turn personal.

Oh, should add that I am one of those people who argue against when people call Hitler "insane". I think he was very rational, wrong, but rational - and only all to human.
Apr 15, 2017 2:05 AM

May 2015
traed said:
@TheBrainintheJar
There is no singular Jewish culture though. There is several ones with some similarities.

Yeah I didn't say it doesn't. I'm against the term "anti-semitism". First off it conflates the religion and the ethnicity. It also ignores the fact Arabs are also semites. Lastly it gives special treatment to Jews no one else gets. You don't usually see people being bigoted about any other religious group or ethnicity or race getting a special term for them except Muslims who try to make Islamophobia a thing. I don't think either terms need to exist. It's just bigotry same as any other.

You argue tiny semantics which aren't as important as the pain caused by antisemetism. We have a unique name for discrimination against Jews. So what, really? The name stuck and there is no need to change it.

I see a derailing here, not an argument against this claim: "People view Jews as a group and discriminate against them, therefore antisemetism exists".
Apr 16, 2017 12:34 PM

Aug 2011
codephat said:
What's up with users creating threads with questions they already know the answers to?
Wut you mean? You think I'm an antisemite Hitler Jr?
incisorr said:
i love it when people start acting like some neutral almighty unbiased godly judge and they even believe their own shit, suddenly its not their thoughts and opinions anymore but the righteous justice god way, they are unbiased, non-subjective, they just are! To be honest, everyone is like this quite often, me included, but i don't forget myself and i still post a lot of personal shit which is what forums are made for , if they didn't want us to have our own style and posts it would be an article instead a forum thread.
Apr 16, 2017 3:40 PM

Mar 2008
TheBrainintheJar said:
traed said:
@TheBrainintheJar

You argue tiny semantics which aren't as important as the pain caused by antisemetism. We have a unique name for discrimination against Jews. So what, really? The name stuck and there is no need to change it.

I see a derailing here, not an argument against this claim: "People view Jews as a group and discriminate against them, therefore antisemetism exists".

Giving them that special treatment only encourages bigotry against them by treating them as different than anyone else.

Again I didn't say it doesnt exist.
Apr 17, 2017 1:37 AM

May 2015
traed said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Giving them that special treatment only encourages bigotry against them by treating them as different than anyone else.

Again I didn't say it doesnt exist.

Are you so worried over special treatment of the Jews? This is the old tactic of making people afraid of Jews by claiming they have power. 'Fear the powerful!' is just a racist tactic. They used it against Blacks too - 'Fear the gorilla! Will take our women!'.

Worry about special treatment when Jews will have enough power for it.
Apr 17, 2017 1:41 AM

Mar 2008
TheBrainintheJar said:
Are you so worried over special treatment of the Jews? This is the old tactic of making people afraid of Jews by claiming they have power. 'Fear the powerful!' is just a racist tactic. They used it against Blacks too - 'Fear the gorilla! Will take our women!'.

Not Jews but any religion or ethnicity.
Apr 17, 2017 5:14 AM

Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
spuukiebuugi said:

What? I think you misread my intent. I didn't justify it. I just said that it was ironic that alitarius was attacking Jacob Schiff for being "pro-Communist" when after WWI Mr Schiff was attacked for being "pro-German" by the French.

My "poor man" was Jacob Schiff, he was the one getting baseless accusations from both directions!

Not even pro-communist. Just pro-Jewish. That's the whole point: why else would a capitalist fund communists? It's not like I blame a man for supporting his people, but let's admit the tribalism there, and the way in which it has and continues to clash with the interests of the host societies.
Apr 17, 2017 4:33 PM
Oct 2012
Altairius said:
Not even pro-communist. Just pro-Jewish. That's the whole point: why else would a capitalist fund communists? It's not like I blame a man for supporting his people, but let's admit the tribalism there, and the way in which it has and continues to clash with the interests of the host societies.

Yes, he was pro-Jewish. He helped to fund the Japanese during the Russo-Japanese war in part because of the Tsar's pogroms against Jews.

But what exactly is wrong with that? Every few years the Russians would initiate a pogrom to terrorize Jews, something very similar to what the KKK did in the 1870s (though far more extensive and it occurred over decades). It's like Irish-Americans supporting the IRA (back in the day).

And it wasn't as if he only gave to jewish causes. He and his son were very much into scouting and gave heavily, he also donated a lot to Museums in New York.
Apr 18, 2017 12:49 AM

May 2015
traed said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

You specifically talked about Jews in your post. I wonder why you mentioned them. If they're an example, any other example?
Apr 18, 2017 1:10 AM

Mar 2008
TheBrainintheJar said:
traed said:

You specifically talked about Jews in your post. I wonder why you mentioned them. If they're an example, any other example?

This is a thread about Jews and Neo Nazis. Why would I not mention them and go off to something else off topic instead? I already pointed out the special treatment of Muslims and Islam in how it's overly protected from criticism by calling it Islamophobia. In the US and countries of similar laws all major religions get special perkst I don't think should be exclusive to them alone. I'm also against strict affirmative action quotas.
Apr 19, 2017 7:16 AM

May 2015
traed said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

This is a thread about Jews and Neo Nazis. Why would I not mention them and go off to something else off topic instead? I already pointed out the special treatment of Muslims and Islam in how it's overly protected from criticism by calling it Islamophobia. In the US and countries of similar laws all major religions get special perkst I don't think should be exclusive to them alone. I'm also against strict affirmative action quotas.

Point taken. I got carried away and forgot the title.

I will argue that antisemetism, like other forms of bigotry has its unique manifestation. So having a term for it isn't bad. I also wouldn't mind if racism against Black people would get its own term. I think these terms help us understand how discrimination works.

Blacks were considered brutal barbarians. Jews were considered conniving assholes. These are crucial differences to understand how hate works.
Apr 19, 2017 1:34 PM

Mar 2008
TheBrainintheJar said:
traed said:

I will argue that antisemetism, like other forms of bigotry has its unique manifestation. So having a term for it isn't bad. I also wouldn't mind if racism against Black people would get its own term. I think these terms help us understand how discrimination works.

Blacks were considered brutal barbarians. Jews were considered conniving assholes. These are crucial differences to understand how hate works.

You see similar traits in all forms of bigotry. What its based on hs little importance, it's all jut misunderstandings, fear and tribalism
Apr 20, 2017 2:50 AM

May 2015
traed said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

You see similar traits in all forms of bigotry. What its based on hs little importance, it's all jut misunderstandings, fear and tribalism

You also see different ones, and if we don't understand the differences we can't prove them wrong. Every bigotry is based off on claims and ideas. Bigotry in and of itself isn't 'wrong' or 'right', we need to examine each instance.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - Yesterday

21 by tsukareru »»
53 seconds ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

22 by JaniSIr »»
12 minutes ago

» Fill this thread with the most questionable statement or two you can think of!

IAmOdie - Apr 20

34 by Zarutaku »»
25 minutes ago

» I'm currently on a keto diet.

scarydragon - Apr 18

16 by GinIonSui »»
27 minutes ago

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

44 by Smugdear »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.