Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Gundam: G no Reconguista' Gets New Anime

New
Apr 9, 2017 3:29 AM

Nov 2007
At the Romics anime and manga event in Italy on Saturday, director Yoshiyuki Tomino announced that a new anime project for Gundam: G no Reconguista has been green-lit.

Gundam: G no Reconguista is one of the Gundam series that aired in Fall 2014 for total of 26 episodes. A manga adaptation by Yoshiyuki Tomino and Tamon Ota has been serialized in Gundam Ace magazine since August 2014. The series currently has three complied volumes, with latest released in October 2015.

Source: Otakomu
VindstotApr 9, 2017 3:24 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 9, 2017 4:02 AM

Jan 2016
I don't know how to react to this.
Will there be a remake with 50 episodes like most of the Gundam shows?

Well i dropped the show after 5 episodes so i hope this will be better.

Apr 9, 2017 4:03 AM

Jul 2009
Of all the Gundam with potential sequels, they chose this one?

...that's an interesting choice.
Apr 9, 2017 4:16 AM

Nov 2012
He's probably going to make them into compilation movies with a much direction of the story, hopefully.
Apr 9, 2017 4:26 AM

Dec 2012
Please let me say this ...

Another Gundam Anime!

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Apr 9, 2017 4:30 AM

Dec 2015
Hasn't there been a deleted tweet related to something like that from someone who worked on G-Reco ? (about 2017 or 2018)

Anyway, great news/confirmation (since Tomino already talked about it earlier).

PS: pretty amazed that no complain has still emerged here.

edit:
Sazanami-Kai said:
I just hope this one will be remade in 50 episodes to fix all the mistakes.

50 episodes were a mistake in themselves for lots of his Gundam shows. They had too much time for what was done (Zeta particularly has this 50% mecha action "rule" "imposed" on almost every single episode)

I knew the bad reactions were coming! :D

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Can we just a F91 reboot or Crossborne adaptation already? Something that the fans in Japan actually voted for.

Funny thing, Crossbone ended at first rank and Hathaway at second and we're already at two "UC announces" and none appeared. We'll have to wait until they run out of old projects.
About F91 (and even Crossbone even if it has originally another style), it would be great to get Yasuhiko back. Though, since he is already slightly invested in the OAVs for The Origin, it's a doomed wish.

PS: I must admit I voted too, despite not being japanese.
Rei_IIIApr 9, 2017 11:20 AM
Apr 9, 2017 4:37 AM

Dec 2015
Is this a joke? (April fools joke a bit too late?) Or why are they planning to continue one of the worst Gundam ever produced? :D Well as long as it isn't a full series (blocking the production resources that could be used for another new/better 2 or 4-cour series) it is okay. I can just ignore it.

(Maybe it will be some Movie or OVA as addition for the few fans that liked the series.)
Apr 9, 2017 4:59 AM

Feb 2014
I enjoyed G-Reco so that's good news. More UC is always appreciated.
Apr 9, 2017 5:11 AM

Sep 2014
Ictius said:

Dude, G-Reco is set in Regild Century, not UC
+Lunai+

Apr 9, 2017 5:13 AM

Feb 2014
SpaceMarsouin said:
Ictius said:

Regild Century is after UC.
Apr 9, 2017 5:17 AM

Sep 2014
Ictius said:
SpaceMarsouin said:

Yeah, thousands years after UC...
+Lunai+

Apr 9, 2017 5:24 AM

Feb 2014
SpaceMarsouin said:
Ictius said:

Yeah, thousands years after UC...

I know that, this was just a some sort of mental shortcut. I wrote it like that because G-Reco (and RC) is the aftermath of UC.
Apr 9, 2017 5:29 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
G-Reco Destiny?

Oh god not this random weed shit again.....

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 9, 2017 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
Not really a big fan of G-Reco. In fact I disliked it very much but if he can go and fix the issues the first one had I think it'll be okay. Apparently Tomino himself even admitted that G-Reco wasn't really that good.
Apr 9, 2017 5:46 AM

Nov 2012
Woot, another 1/10 anime to look forward to.

Why Tomino is even allowed anywhere near animation projects after G, I will never know.
Apr 9, 2017 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
Naxrrhid said:

Why Tomino is even allowed anywhere near animation projects after G, I will never know.

Me neither but I guess he wants to fix what he had done wrong with it? I dunno... I still am not optimistic about it. Highly doubt that it would be better though... highly doubt it. xD
Apr 9, 2017 6:32 AM

Mar 2012
I just hope this one will be remake with 50 episodes to fix all the mistakes.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 9, 2017 7:08 AM

Nov 2008
Sazanami-Kai said:
I just hope this one will be remake with 50 episodes to fix all the mistakes.

That installment IS a mistake.

Apr 9, 2017 7:09 AM

Nov 2012
Symphyon said:
Naxrrhid said:

Me neither but I guess he wants to fix what he had done wrong with it? I dunno... I still am not optimistic about it. Highly doubt that it would be better though... highly doubt it. xD

Fix it?

It went to pure shit at episode 2-3. Tomino has no idea how to craft an anime for an audience of today. He is forever stuck in tropes from the 90s. Tropes that everyone has come to hate.

I wanna be optimistic too, but I know that is going to be a waste. This is Tomino we are talking about, it's going to be a shitfest lmao xD
Apr 9, 2017 7:25 AM

Feb 2014
Naxrrhid said:
Symphyon said:

Fix it?

It went to pure shit at episode 2-3. Tomino has no idea how to craft an anime for an audience of today. He is forever stuck in tropes from the 90s. Tropes that everyone has come to hate.

I wanna be optimistic too, but I know that is going to be a waste. This is Tomino we are talking about, it's going to be a shitfest lmao xD

Why 90s and what tropes are you referring to?
Apr 9, 2017 10:28 AM
Aug 2012
Can we just a F91 reboot or Crossborne adaptation already? Something that the fans in Japan actually voted for.

I am sure they would do much better compared to one of the biggest failures of Gundam franchise.

Apr 9, 2017 10:54 AM

Apr 2014
The series was so bad I have no idea what makes Tomino and the higher ups in Sunrise think they can salvage this shit. Just let it die.
Apr 9, 2017 11:28 AM

Sep 2011
Shittiest Gundam possibly tried to watch. Can't believe this garbage is getting more seasons, but I guess it sold okay. Not like your average gundam though.
Apr 9, 2017 11:33 AM

Sep 2015
remake
REMAKE
REMAKE!

not many people care this one when gbf try on same season
Into the Internet!
Apr 9, 2017 11:41 AM

Feb 2016
I still have to finish G-Reco - but I really don't like it for what I've seen so far. So I'm actually really surprised about this announcement.

[Crossbone Anime WHEN?!]
Apr 9, 2017 11:51 AM

Jul 2015
What a waste of resources.

Of all the recent Gundam releases, only the UC ones were outstanding (I don't consider GReco UC). IBO was promising but became a letdown. They should focus on the animating more UC.

Also, I would rather watch a third season of Gundam Build Fighters than GReco.
Current favourite: [Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo]
Apr 9, 2017 11:54 AM

Oct 2010
For some reason I support this decision.
Apr 9, 2017 12:42 PM

Feb 2010
ANIME IS RUINED
ABORT NOW

But seriously I hate Tomino for making me watch this. Because I will. And it will be a pain in the ass.

RX-782 said:
He's probably going to make them into compilation movies with a much direction of the story, hopefully.

That would be like the only acceptable way this could turn out.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 9, 2017 1:40 PM

Oct 2015
This geezer needs to be stopped.
Apr 9, 2017 1:49 PM
Mar 2017
Gotta admit G-Reco looked amazing. Hire the art design guy for some good shows
Apr 9, 2017 2:56 PM

Dec 2008
Why? Wasn't the original cut short?
Apr 9, 2017 3:23 PM
Jan 2011
I'm italian and I have a lot of gundam fan friends who attended at the conference. They confirm to me that no informations on new g no reco projects were released. o_O
Tomino has talked a lot of g reco but in totally other term like "If I were to make a new Gundam today it would be like g reco".

I don't know what this article is talking about.
Apr 9, 2017 3:44 PM

Apr 2015
I guess Tomino never learned. Why is this even a thing? I mean they even admitted that this was a mistake on all grounds. They might as well work on the titles that already made them a lot of money rather than this. sigh.
Apr 9, 2017 5:13 PM

Sep 2011
Ictius said:
SpaceMarsouin said:

actually reguild is after turn-A, the only way to tell this is through an interview by him cause G-reco was such a clusterfuck of a series nothing was consistent even the setting.

https://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/tomino-said-g-reco-takes-place-around-500-years-after-turn-a/
JizzyHitlerApr 9, 2017 5:20 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 9, 2017 5:30 PM

May 2015
Gotta make another 20+ episodes to uphold the Gundam tradition, right? I guess Tomino got bored and had nothing else to do. G-Reco was already a mess, so this can't get any worse...can it?
Apr 9, 2017 6:28 PM

Nov 2011
It's probably going to be a movie or something with some new material. Not really hyped for this. I wish Iron Blooded Orphans got more anime instead.
Apr 9, 2017 6:35 PM

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
I wish Iron Blooded Orphans got more anime instead.
IBO already has 50 episodes, that's more than enough in this "25-episode is considered lucky" era.

Also HOW CAN THIS SHIT GET NEW ANIME BUT NOT KONOSUBA?!!!
No seriously.
Apr 9, 2017 6:36 PM

Mar 2008
People these days just don't appreciate art.

Tomino paves the way and mortals sway
Apr 9, 2017 8:01 PM

Nov 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Ictius said:

actually reguild is after turn-A, the only way to tell this is through an interview by him cause G-reco was such a clusterfuck of a series nothing was consistent even the setting.

https://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/tomino-said-g-reco-takes-place-around-500-years-after-turn-a/
Sure but Universal Century was referenced more than anything else.
Apr 9, 2017 8:49 PM

Sep 2011
RX-782 said:
JizzyHitler said:

not really, they mentioned dark history a couple of times and you see some older mechs in a muesam at the start (all of which were in turn-A). G-reco is a standalone sequel to turn-A through and through, absolutely not an entry in the UC

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 9, 2017 10:57 PM

Aug 2008
My least favorite Gundam after Zeta get sequel. I think I might pass.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 10, 2017 1:14 AM

Feb 2014
JizzyHitler said:
RX-782 said:
not really, they mentioned dark history a couple of times and you see some older mechs in a muesam at the start (all of which were in turn-A). G-reco is a standalone sequel to turn-A through and through, absolutely not an entry in the UC

If I remember correctly they mentioned that all the debris pollutiong the Earth's orbit are from Universal Century. The Taboo was created to not repeat the tragedy of UC. The Space Elevator is from UC. Also, we had Jaburo.
Apr 10, 2017 4:34 AM

Oct 2009
If its a sequel or something similar I just hope, this time the goofy stuff lessens and we get a actual consistent story. Otherwise I am excited to see more of this art style and animation.
Apr 10, 2017 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
Ictius said:
JizzyHitler said:

If I remember correctly they mentioned that all the debris pollutiong the Earth's orbit are from Universal Century. The Taboo was created to not repeat the tragedy of UC. The Space Elevator is from UC. Also, we had Jaburo.
I dont remember the space elevator being from the UC, was that ever mentioned in victory or F91? they always launched into space through catapults like normal in both those entries (and not that it needs mentioning cause lol but G-savior also didnt have a space elevator as if that means anything). I also remmember them never saying universal century for the taboo they just said the dark history which refers to every gundam timeline that leads into the correct century.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 10, 2017 12:58 PM

Feb 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Ictius said:

I dont remember the space elevator being from the UC, was that ever mentioned in victory or F91? they always launched into space through catapults like normal in both those entries (and not that it needs mentioning cause lol but G-savior also didnt have a space elevator as if that means anything). I also remmember them never saying universal century for the taboo they just said the dark history which refers to every gundam timeline that leads into the correct century.

The Under Nut thing was said to be an artificial satellite built to clear space debris from the UC era (the Nut was created even before the Capital Tower). Also, they were talking about Minovsky Particles. This is from the first episode. But I don't remember in which episode it was specified that the Capital Tower was built in UC.
Apr 10, 2017 1:06 PM

Sep 2011
Ictius said:
JizzyHitler said:

The Under Nut thing was said to be an artificial satellite built to clear space debris from the UC era (the Nut was created even before the Capital Tower). Also, they were talking about Minovsky Particles. This is from the first episode. But I don't remember in which episode it was specified that the Capital Tower was built in UC.
minovsky particles were in Turn-A if im not mistaken, again alot of turn-A's technology was directly from the UC timeline with only a few pieces from X's timeline here and there. I mean im not sure what exactly we are debating for here cause its a confirmed sequel to turn-A even if the show does a dogshit and contradictory way showing it.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 10, 2017 2:08 PM

Feb 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Ictius said:

minovsky particles were in Turn-A if im not mistaken, again alot of turn-A's technology was directly from the UC timeline with only a few pieces from X's timeline here and there. I mean im not sure what exactly we are debating for here cause its a confirmed sequel to turn-A even if the show does a dogshit and contradictory way showing it.

Well, the problem with G-Reco is that it is said to take place 1000 years after UC (which is written on Gundam wiki) but before Turn A, while Tomino said that G-Reco is 500 years after Turn A. Funnily enough, this wiki page claims that G-Reco takes place 1014 years after Turn A https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam_Reconguista_in_G#cite_ref-TVB82_3-0 (I know that it's a wiki page and taking everything seriously from Wikipedia is not always a good thing to do, although there are citations for that claim, in Japanese).

It's like no one really knows the timeline anymore.

So, in order to end this conversation, we can agree that G-Reco is a part of UC timeline and it takes place after it but its exact placement (before or after Turn A) is not known, even to Tomino ;D
IctiusApr 10, 2017 2:19 PM
Apr 10, 2017 2:39 PM

Sep 2011
Ictius said:
JizzyHitler said:

Well, the problem with G-Reco is that it is said to take place 1000 years after UC (which is written on Gundam wiki) but before Turn A, while Tomino said that G-Reco is 500 years after Turn A. Funnily enough, this wiki page claims that G-Reco takes place 1014 years after Turn A https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam_Reconguista_in_G#cite_ref-TVB82_3-0 (I know that it's a wiki page and taking everything seriously from Wikipedia is not always a good thing to do, although there are citations for that claim, in Japanese).

It's like no one really knows the timeline anymore.

So, in order to end this conversation, we can agree that G-Reco is a part of UC timeline and it takes place after it but its exact placement (before or after Turn A) is not known, even to Tomino ;D
I simply cant agree that G-reco is part of the UC timeline, all the ties to it seem as related as the correct century were. I just think G-reco is a mess of a series with no proper planning put into it likley caused by the fact that it was in development hell since 2006 and wasnt even meant to be a gundam.

He may be senile now, but i take the word of tomino alot more as fact than what a editable wiki writes about it

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 13, 2017 4:31 PM

Nov 2014
I saw this pop up the other day but still haven't seen the April fools confirmation.

Tell me this is just a sick joke?

I have liked a lot of Tominos Gundam series (probably more than most people) but found Reconshitsa to be unwatchable on all fronts.
Apr 13, 2017 4:38 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty sure this is just the compilation movie(s) Tomino has mentioned several times since the show dropped.

@Rei366 By "dropped" I just mean "ended". Poor word choice on my part, my bad.
QuattroVaginasApr 25, 2017 6:19 PM
Sieg Zeon!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

24 by Adnash »»
2 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
7 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.