Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 9, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, I like that OP song. There's a good degree of creativity poured into it and is catchy.

Sanae and Sana's character chemistry is really cute. I feel like the two can become good friends. Honestly, I thought this episode had much more humor than compared to the first one.

Shizuku' fun to watch with the business relationship she shares with Ryuu.
Lol penguins.
Apr 9, 2017 7:48 AM

Jan 2012
Hmmm...only 24 minutes this week. Guess that 44 minute per episode run time was wrong. Anyway a fairly cute and laid back outing with just a tinge of yuriliciousness this week. Zouroku's granddaughter Sanae was introduced and I like her already. Her interactions with Sana were mostly adorable like the barrage of pigs, making pancakes, lying next to her, and seeing beautiful scenery together. Interesting glimpses into Sanae's past with her grandpa and Sana's time at the facility too.
Apr 9, 2017 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
Awww Sana is so cute. She's daughteru of this season no doubt.

This was a very heartwarming and funny episode. I couldn't help but laugh when she made a huge pancake appear out of nowhere.

Oh and both OP and ED I find pretty nice looking
removed-userApr 9, 2017 8:56 AM
Apr 9, 2017 8:46 AM

Jan 2015
Sana-chan sure got the reflex of a cat while Zouroku and Sanae has a monotone attitude, they sure are caring people.
Fun episode for looking how Sanae meet with Sana and taking care of her all day long. And don't forget about that "adventure" they both having and then transferred right into Zouroku's work place. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 9, 2017 8:49 AM

Jun 2015
That last scene cracked me up. That Naito-san is so me. Hahaha. Really like the Sanae character. Also fantastic choice in choosing Toyosaki as her VA.

4/5

animefan8800 said:
Hmmm...only 24 minutes this week. Guess that 44 minute per episode run time was wrong.
\
I'm guessing the bumper first episode was a special of sorts and gives them time to really establish the plot and chars. :)

Apr 9, 2017 9:08 AM

Nov 2016
omg i LOVE this anime so much despite having seen only two episodes... it's a perfect blend of comedy and heartwrenching scenes.

can i just say how much i appreciate animes with "realistic" personalities
Apr 9, 2017 9:09 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Love Sanae already, she's really sweet and watching her take care of Sana was pretty adorable.

Sana's backstory quite sad at the start but I'm glad the twins were there for her and taught her what it is to be a person.

The teleportation adventure was nice. xD
The final scene with that Naito guy saying 'Let's leave' after seeing all the chaos was really funny. xD
Apr 9, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2015
Laid back episode. Sanae and Sana are getting along. They've become good friends. Got to learn more about Sana's past. It's quite sad. Both girls teleporting around the world was nice.
Apr 9, 2017 9:21 AM

Aug 2016
I really like this!
It's such a nice blend between cuteness and seriousness.
So far it's my favorite this season, but it's still a some what long way to go.
Can't wait for more <3
Apr 9, 2017 9:30 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The ED is A MILLION TIMES better than the OP. I love it.

So this is confirmation that Sanae's parents died, the sequence when Sana sent her back for a brief time. Wonder if this will come back in the story.

Also a brief glimpse as to why Sana fled from the facility, something went HORRIBLY wrong there, what the hell? They really kept it vague, too.

Sanae herself is very laid-back and carefree, i like her.

About as good as the last second half of episode 1.
Apr 9, 2017 9:33 AM

Jul 2014
Cute girls doing cute things amirite. The piglets were cute too.
I love the ED way more than the OP.

And I knew it couldn't be 44 mins for every single episode, that was just a one-off premiere thing, like with Re-Zero.
Not every anime is Katanagatari, b*tches!
Apr 9, 2017 9:40 AM

May 2015
this season is really good
Apr 9, 2017 9:45 AM

Dec 2014
well the show is good.. I liked the whole episode..so much creativity
Apr 9, 2017 10:07 AM

Jan 2015
This was so cute. Hearthwarming episode
Apr 9, 2017 10:26 AM

Sep 2016
this anime is too average and boring for me. dropped.
this season going to be pretty boring since all interesting anime are all stacked in 1 day.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 9, 2017 10:32 AM
Mar 2016
Man, that was sweet, I hope Sanae doesn't become a science project just like Sana.
Apr 9, 2017 10:33 AM

Dec 2015
An ok episode I guess, Sana has much to learn about the real world.
joe_g7May 4, 2017 4:44 PM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 9, 2017 10:43 AM

Aug 2013
This is exactly what I excepted when I was watching the first PV.
Awesome episode and no more cancerous 3DCG.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 9, 2017 10:49 AM

Jul 2014
Another cute and enjoyable episode, though there are certainly dark undertones here and there. Like, what happened at the facility? We got a brief glimpse of something going terribly wrong there, but so far it's been left very vague, though I can only assume it will come up again later. That aside, I like Sanae so far, though it's surprising just how different she is compared to her grandfather. Also, looks like the guy from the research facility is on Sana's trail again, so it seems like another confrontation may not be far away.
Apr 9, 2017 10:54 AM

Sep 2013
Pigs and young girls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sana and sanae getting along.
Apr 9, 2017 10:55 AM

Dec 2014
That was way too cute, smiled the entire episode.
Even though there was barely any story, other than more background for the research facility, Sanae and Sana just made my day

Great episode, looking forward to next one for sure.

"Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard."
Apr 9, 2017 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
it's nice that they focused on SoL aspect
Apr 9, 2017 11:04 AM

Feb 2016
GangsterCat said:
this anime is too average and boring for me. dropped.

then go watch more hentai if that's more entertaining lmao, coming from someone who gives Keijo a 10 to begin with (the joke tells itself when he gives Evangelion a 1 LOL)

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 9, 2017 11:06 AM

Feb 2016
This episode was a bit different from the last one, kinda funny and heartwarming, possibly a build up for more action scenes... hopefully
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 9, 2017 11:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Still not quite sure what to make of this story-wise. Feels a bit all over the place to me

Better than the first episode though (and the ED is pretty beautiful)
Apr 9, 2017 12:05 PM

Sep 2015
Sanae is adorable. very calming and SoL episode. Don't like the voice of the granddaughter all too much but still nice character
Apr 9, 2017 12:13 PM

Aug 2013
Sana and Sanae are adorable.

Sana is able to summon a dozen of living and breathing pigs, but passed out from a big pancake. The "efficiency" thing is weird. Couldn't she just summon food like apple or candy in small amount to restore energy?
Apr 9, 2017 12:38 PM
Nov 2015
aw this show is so cute, and sana-chan is just adorable <3 i love sanae a lot too
Apr 9, 2017 12:43 PM

Dec 2013
My god that Sana/Sanae combination was perfect! I love how these two girls interact. It's just so, soooo good!

That huge pancake though... now I'm getting hungry...

Just hoping nothing really bad happens to the rest of the cast, because Sana's flashback was kinda creepy, what with the blood everywhere and all that... And why was it that her monologue voice sounds so much more adult than her normal voice? Was the monologue a narration from her "future" self? It kind of sounded like she was narrating her own past (the "present" in the anime) from her "future" self's perspective.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 9, 2017 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
L-Ryoshi said:
My god that Sana/Sanae combination was perfect! I love how these two girls interact. It's just so, soooo good!

That huge pancake though... now I'm getting hungry...

Just hoping nothing really bad happens to the rest of the cast, because Sana's flashback was kinda creepy, what with the blood everywhere and all that... And why was it that her monologue voice sounds so much more adult than her normal voice? Was the monologue a narration from her "future" self? It kind of sounded like she was narrating her own past (the "present" in the anime) from her "future" self's perspective.

Oh good to see that I wasn't going crazy while I was watching because I noticed that as well.

I hope it's a subtle sign that we won't get a dramatic ending where she dies and instead we have more moments with Sana/Sanae and Zouroku.
Apr 9, 2017 1:01 PM
Dec 2015
Not as great as that first episode, but still very solid. It seems like Zoroku will probably make this series, since he's such an interesting character with a different kind of personality than we normally see in these shows. Whereas the previous episode felt lighthearted but heartwarming and held some story intrigue, this one felt more like a decent 4-Koma adaptation with a few standout moments. The best parts were the more heartwarming parts, like Sana being awed by the creek of the staircase because its like nothing she's seen before, or the narrative intrigue of Sana's past and the Research Facility. If the series focuses more on the heartwarming relationship between Sana and Zoroku while keeping things fresh with its intriguing plot elements, this could be excellent. It hasn't caught its stride yet though, leaving this episode lacking. I must say how much I love this ending theme though. The fairy tale imagery and catchy song was used in Flip Flappers first and is used here to similarly strong effect.

3/5
Apr 9, 2017 1:34 PM

Aug 2016
Awww! This episode was just cute to watch! I liked the OP and I'm really excited for next week!
Apr 9, 2017 1:37 PM

Aug 2014
Enjoying the SoL stuff. Can we get the twins in this too?

Yukari Tamura credited as ??? in both episodes. Could Sana's narrator be the girl that rescued her in episode 1? I'm no good with voices. Both of their powers also don't seem to be limited à la the twins.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 9, 2017 2:24 PM

Jan 2013
Very enjoyable episode. The OP and especially ED are so good.
I also like Sanae's voice, very calming.
Apr 9, 2017 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
A heartwarming episode for the most part. We got to see a bit of Sana backstory as well as a introduction to Sanae. She looks like a big sister figure to Sana wich i thought was rather sweet ^^

chunng said:

Sana is able to summon a dozen of living and breathing pigs, but passed out from a big pancake. The "efficiency" thing is weird. Couldn't she just summon food like apple or candy in small amount to restore energy?

I believe that was briefly mentioned in the previous episode that is very counterproductive for her to do that. She can create food yes, but the same amount of energy that is put into creating it is lost during the process. So it would pretty much be a endless circle of restorring and losing energy unless she actually eats something elsewhere.
Apr 9, 2017 3:07 PM

Oct 2012
Lighthearted ep isn't bad I guess and the backstory about twins was fine (I wonder why she was voice by older voice in flashback) but Sana's facial expresions were kinda broken animation-wise this time.
I kinda enjoyed it but I hope it gets better next time.

Toyosaki Aki's VA added some kind of mischievousness to Sanae, not really bad kinda interesting, or maybe my connection of her with Akane from Kuzu no Honkai is still too strong.
Apr 9, 2017 3:14 PM

Dec 2016
You would think that Sanae would be a bit more surprised and shocked whenever Sana uses her powers.

Pigs come from nowhere and the biggest pancake you will ever see.

At least she was scared during those dangerous situations.

Another good episode, looking forward to the next.
Apr 9, 2017 4:32 PM

May 2015
Quite the relaxing and calm episode, which was pretty nice. Those pigs and the huge pancake though, lol.

Apr 9, 2017 5:52 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode. The OP song is nice & quite catchy.

Enjoyed the interactions between Sana & Sanae.
Funny how Sanae is not that phased about Sana's abilities.

That giant pancake looks tasty.
Wonder what happened at the Research Facility?

LOL teleporting everywhere.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 9, 2017 6:30 PM

Oct 2012
ED is cute. I'm quite a fan of the OP though. Something about it, especially the 'kagami kagami' part really gets me going.

Sanae and Sana are a cute duo, really fun interactions with the pancakes, pigs and teleporting.

Interested more in the twins now, I'm seeing this disconnect between their mental selves and their physical behaviors, Sana's past reflection voice and the twins' dialogue during the connection in the past seems a tad more mature, maybe I'm just hearing things.

Can't wait to see whoever saved Sana in ep 1 show up. I like her design and am quite interested in her motivations.
Hoping to see more on the research facility next ep, they don't seem totally villainous/antagonistic, perhaps we'll get an explanation
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 9, 2017 7:35 PM

Jan 2014
I liked the OP.
This episode felt honestly so much better than last week. I think they should just stick to the SoL aspect rather than the whole other bs they're trying to force.

Also, giant pancakes + penguins + pigs = cute.
Apr 9, 2017 8:26 PM
May 2010
Sanae certainly is Zoroku's granddaughter, she's not faze by anything Sana did and that's a proof enough

Sanae already feel like a motherly character even tough she's still in high school and they are both so cute together
Apr 9, 2017 8:38 PM

Nov 2015
I'm glad they decided to introduce Sanae, her lax character contrasts Sana's personality and serves as a good foil. But I'm more curious how they intend to balance this somewhat heavy backstory with the comedy, especially since the exposition seems rushed.
Apr 9, 2017 10:32 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Sanae is beyond adorable and it's hard to believe that she was raised by Zoroku lol xD All of the moments with her and Sana were too cute

Sana's backstory was pretty bittersweet though :( Same for Sanae and finding out that her parents died when she was really young
Apr 9, 2017 10:35 PM
Feb 2012
Hoping to see more Zouroku instead of two girls fucking around with random events like this.
Apr 9, 2017 10:37 PM

Mar 2008
After seeing Sana's backstory I have a bad feeling. They better not lay a finger on Sanae.
Apr 9, 2017 10:47 PM

Jul 2012
If this lab backstory shows something so bloody and grim, I had a feeling that later on it will be just that. I am glad that the first few episodes such as this is laid back, fluffy and fun. Sanae was simple but very likable! I oddly want to see a sister relationship between Sanae and Sana, which is going strong so far!

And expect more angry Zouroku... The pigs is already a last draw! xD

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Apr 10, 2017 3:07 AM

Nov 2010
I was afraid that they would focus on more action but this was a good episode for me and i hope we keep it this way.
Apr 10, 2017 6:12 AM

Jan 2013
i adore Sanae! and her motherlyness towwards Sana
Apr 10, 2017 6:54 AM

Mar 2009
This is one of the few good non-sequel anime this season. I like Sanae and she seems like a nice addition to the cast. There's some dark stuff sprinkled throughout each episode, so I'm curious to see where this is going to go in the future. That being said, this episode needed more Zouroku.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

114 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 21, 2023 11:02 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2017

60 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 20, 2023 10:42 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

203 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:32 PM

» Deserves a second season.

Botan-Chan45 - May 3, 2018

2 by Hofner1962 »»
Aug 31, 2023 10:11 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2017

50 by cat_of_hell »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.