Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 21, 2015 4:35 PM

Oct 2013
Ayatsuji maintaining status as best girl. I loved her voice acting and I love her ability too.

The fight was good, but worse than most the other fights in the series have been. This episode wasn't really as good as many of the previous ones IMO.

Still enjoyed it cuz Ayatsuji best girl.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 23, 2015 9:10 AM

Feb 2012
Ittou Shura of the night ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 26, 2015 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
Another demonstration of the skill of Ikki, which unlike the usual characters, although too-good can not be too unpleasant, perhaps because it was such a nice person.Finally sees the Professor Yuri, shame about the quality of the drawings drops at times, fighting really well made, I am satisfied. Even this time the End-card is cute, a little rough. Interesting students in the student council.
Nov 26, 2015 10:10 PM

Oct 2008
cool fight but flawed because Ayase just relied on traps.
4/5.

Nov 28, 2015 3:08 PM

Feb 2013
Good fight. She wasn't all scared-of-boys this episode.
Nov 29, 2015 7:51 PM

Aug 2013
I. Cannot. Not. Hear. Sachan. Voice. That voice only sound like sado-masochism to me. Sachan as corrupted me.

Anyway, Ayase sure did terrible things. Using suicide as a trap... That's just way too fucking dirty.

Also, Ikki is way too naive. If this was real life, his naivety would bring him down. But in anime, it only bring strenght. Go figure.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 4, 2015 12:52 AM

Dec 2012
I thought he was gonna use Itto Shura and say, "I can do it twice now, nigga.", surprising everybody.

Dec 4, 2015 2:02 AM

May 2010
Damn Ikki is too kind. Yet he's still cool.

And I don't like Ayatsuji dat much. She's not bad, but meh.
Dec 4, 2015 12:25 PM
Apr 2013
lcborella said:
animefan8800 said:
I'm a bit conflicted on this one. I'm not sure I can look past the despicable actions Ayase took even though the show clearly wants me to. I feel absolutely no sympathy for her situation now. Sigh...and now Ikki will help her, and she'll probably fall for him and Stella will get jealous and I don't really want any of that. Stella needs more/all time as the female lead. Every episode she's relegated to background spectator my heart hurts. :(

Oh and the teacher blood gag was horrible this week. Not sure why it bothered me more here, maybe because the episode in general did.

Don't worry, Ayase never falls for Ikki. The episodes 5-8 is the Ayase arc of the story after in the episode 9 the story will enter in another arc with more romance scenes between Ikki and Stella, probably you will love the 12 episode.

I'm pretty sure Kaito-san(Ayase's dad) mentioned that Ayase developed a crush on Ikki(later on, that is.)
Dec 14, 2015 8:47 AM

Oct 2013
Terrible terrible episode.... predictable, pretentious, unoriginal and bad writing. Worst episode yet? Well no, worst anime I've watched (more than 1 episode of) this season.

This made me cringe too much, its another BS anime about 'friendship' and 'I WANT TO BELIEVE' teen-empowerment bullshit. Yayyyy, the MC is so generic I cry whenever he speaks, and that chick who tricked him has the most generic and unoriginal and poorly executed backstory I've seen in a while. Seriously? 'yay my papa teaches me to be a good person, i luv him so much so i become a bad person and ignore his advice'.... Also the writing of dialogue took a turn for the worse overall, some of the bs the MC spouts I've seen dozens of times before... literally exact same things.

Also come on why the hell is the MC's sister always so annoying and predictable and uninteresting.... well I could say this about half the cast. But the Goddamn forced, unnecessary incest undertones are just pointless and don't add anything to the story.

Also I just love (sarcasm) how the writers of this LN bs just like to ass-pull any BS power whenever they need it just to advance the story. Seriously, despite losing his 'ultimate powah' the MC pulls out another super OP technique out of his ass and wins once again with low effort - he could've just started the fight with that move.... We'd get less cringeworthy bs fan-fic level dialogue that way!

No wonder anime is dying if this is actually one of the 'better' shows of its season....
I am a human.
Dec 14, 2015 9:25 AM

Oct 2015
AppoX said:
Terrible terrible episode.... predictable, pretentious, unoriginal and bad writing. Worst episode yet? Well no, worst anime I've watched (more than 1 episode of) this season.

This made me cringe too much, its another BS anime about 'friendship' and 'I WANT TO BELIEVE' teen-empowerment bullshit. Yayyyy, the MC is so generic I cry whenever he speaks, and that chick who tricked him has the most generic and unoriginal and poorly executed backstory I've seen in a while. Seriously? 'yay my papa teaches me to be a good person, i luv him so much so i become a bad person and ignore his advice'.... Also the writing of dialogue took a turn for the worse overall, some of the bs the MC spouts I've seen dozens of times before... literally exact same things.

Also come on why the hell is the MC's sister always so annoying and predictable and uninteresting.... well I could say this about half the cast. But the Goddamn forced, unnecessary incest undertones are just pointless and don't add anything to the story.

Also I just love (sarcasm) how the writers of this LN bs just like to ass-pull any BS power whenever they need it just to advance the story. Seriously, despite losing his 'ultimate powah' the MC pulls out another super OP technique out of his ass and wins once again with low effort - he could've just started the fight with that move.... We'd get less cringeworthy bs fan-fic level dialogue that way!

No wonder anime is dying if this is actually one of the 'better' shows of its season....

I just love (sarcasm) how people throw the term 'asspull' around, but don't actually understand the meaning behind it. To quote TV Tropes, asspulls are "cases where a character suddenly gets a new skill without explanation".

By this episode, Ikki only revealed one of his Seven Secret Swords (Raiko). Shinkirou ("Mirage Wolf") was the second to have been revealed to the audience. This is not an asspull because Ikki created the Secret Swords (by himself) way way before he even had his match against Ayase. As a result, this fails the "sudden" and "without explanation" aspects of the asspull definition.
BLKWarGreymonDec 14, 2015 9:30 AM
Dec 14, 2015 6:14 PM
Oct 2015
BLKWarGreymon said:
By this episode, Ikki only revealed one of his Seven Secret Swords (Raiko). Shinkirou ("Mirage Wolf") was the second to have been revealed to the audience. This is not an asspull because Ikki created the Secret Swords (by himself) way way before he even had his match against Ayase. As a result, this fails the "sudden" and "without explanation" aspects of the asspull definition.
This knowledge is exclusive to novel readers though. The anime never once mentioned that Ikki has 7 moves he created himself.
Dec 14, 2015 6:19 PM

Oct 2015
Ryuutobi said:
BLKWarGreymon said:
This knowledge is exclusive to novel readers though. The anime never once mentioned that Ikki has 7 moves he created himself.

Actually no. When Ikki first used Raiko in Episode 3, he said "Seventh Secret Sword, Raiko." That implies that he has at the minimum seven Secret Swords even if you haven't read the light novel.
Dec 15, 2015 6:13 PM
Feb 2015
People just want to find some excuse to say the word asspull ignoring the fact that they'll look stupid in return.
Dec 15, 2015 6:51 PM

Oct 2015
ixarising said:
People just want to find some excuse to say the word asspull ignoring the fact that they'll look stupid in return.

I've noticed that a bunch of people keep accusing Ikki for making 'asspulls'. I don't think in any of his fights, he actually does one.

- Vs. Kirihara, his lack of confidence was holding him back. Perfect Vision was explained by Nene
- Vs. Ayase, this was the first time he used Shinkirou
- Vs. Kuraudo, the conclusion came off as an asspull, but that was mainly the fault of the anime not explaining what Ten'i Muhou does.
Dec 27, 2015 4:54 PM

May 2012
Another quite interesting episode if you ask me, some really nice action and a wonderful ending! Let's see what's next.
Dec 28, 2015 1:57 PM

Dec 2015
Nice fight between Ayase and Ikki. Wonder how they are going to solve the dojo's case.
Jan 5, 2016 4:53 PM

Sep 2015
The scene at the beginning, where Ayatsuji was supposedly about to commit hara-kiri will remain my favorite scene from this series I think.
Jan 18, 2016 10:01 PM

Aug 2013
Yandere Ayase going berserk.. that's not cute.
Still entertaining fight though.. awesome ability.
Jan 24, 2016 3:27 AM
Dec 2012
From all the episodes I have watched until now, to defeat Ikki... There are a few rules: 1) Finish him in 1 blow, if not he will track all your moves with Perfect Vision, then you're fked. 2) If I'm not wrong, Itto Shura can only last for a certain amount of time, avoid all his attacks and avoid using attacks during the duration. 3) Even if he don't have Itto Shura, he has some nasty "Secret Sword", do not lose your composure when fighting him. Hope the future opponent will take notes...
Feb 7, 2016 9:02 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Nope, I can't feel sympathy for Ayase. What she did was dirty, tricking Ikki into using his Itto Shura so that he won't be able to use it at the match. After what he did for her, this ungrateful girl does this to Ikki. She deserved to lose that match and cry at the end.

Cute Stella, sleep talking. Something around the lines of "don't put your Itto Shura there" xD
Sleeping Stella is a beautiful Stella.

Feb 14, 2016 11:01 AM

Sep 2012
Great fight. Also, how doesn't that teacher die from loss of too much blood?
Sep 20, 2016 11:49 PM

Jul 2013
Too much drama about things I couldn't care less about. Soul. Pride. pfftt. Also Ikki's too much of a goody two shoes. The day he does something wrong is the day the world ends. Whatever it was an ok episode.
Sep 24, 2016 8:39 PM

Jul 2008
What a load of shit. Justifying that bitche's action, she fucking deserves a punch in her ugly face
Sep 25, 2016 5:15 AM

Apr 2013
I officially dislike the MC now, I hate protagonists like that who just forgive everything no matter how hars they are treated. And Ayase is a stupid bitch that should just rot in hell for cheating actually not only once but twice.
Nov 4, 2016 6:30 AM

Apr 2009
Trainwreck episode. uguu~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2016 8:34 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm Ayase definitely showed a completely other side of her in this episode. Forcing Ikki at the beginning to use his ittou shura was really devious. At some point I can understand why she did that, but I don't think that this would help her to get any stronger.

I like Ikku but sometimes I can't see why he forgives everything what others want to do to him.

Stella and her lewd thoughts with Ikki xD

The fight was nice, a good amount of action, even if Ikki was half bleeding to death.^^

Jan 14, 2017 1:11 AM

Dec 2012
Ikki be like: Fock the school! *kicks building*

Oh, Yuri-san.

DAT BATTLE!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 22, 2017 10:13 PM

May 2013
lol Ayase isn't hate-able :P her crying is really cute ahhahahahaaa
Apr 8, 2017 5:41 PM

May 2015
Ayase technique and sword was pretty cool... too bad she used underhanded tactics to try to win her match. Ikki offering his help (he is a gentleman Knight) was not a surprise and if he manage to win against scumbag I think a love flag is going to rise…
Jul 20, 2017 6:42 AM

Jan 2016
They really done a nice job making me root for both of them in this fight. I understand Ayase feeling, even if you're doing fair and square it doesn't matter if there's no result. I have done that too in life and it sure does makes me question myself.
Aug 2, 2017 4:59 PM

Jun 2017
Wow so many ups and downs!
I really thought Ayase was a nice and cute girl :/ She was so lovely and was really proud to be the pupil of Ikki.
But this episode changed my opinion a bit:

At first i really hated Ayase but then... i still hated her. Even the ending didnt change anything for me.

Oct 21, 2017 12:37 PM

Sep 2012
Roy_Focker said:
Ayase technique and sword was pretty cool... too bad she used underhanded tactics to try to win her match. Ikki offering his help (he is a gentleman Knight) was not a surprise and if he manage to win against scumbag I think a love flag is going to rise…

maybe one sided flag

Stella is the one that that remains by hes side forever
Feb 6, 2018 4:31 AM

Jan 2013
Is the blood vomiting teacher supposed to be funny?
May 15, 2018 12:23 PM

Mar 2016
Nice action as expected, not epic but still great nevertheless! The way Ikki finished Ayakese was badass though!

It's really refreshing to see a character experiencing an internal struggle from time to time. Ayase's case was executed brilliantly. The way Ayase's attitude suddenly changes and the reason behind it to the point when she admitted defeat and accepting the fact that she's been deceiving herself, this all flows well in this one episode. Well done!

Ikki saving Ayase from her struggles is pretty typical of an MC wanting to save a friend though...
If he said "Imma beat the hell of this showoff gangster for you!" maybe it would be better...?
ShadowkillZMay 15, 2018 1:15 PM
Sep 18, 2018 11:50 PM

May 2016
That ending was great, after she admit her lose it became pretty emotional I can't wait to see Ikki kick that Yanki's ass.
Jul 15, 2019 12:32 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well after this, someone is joining the harem
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 6, 2019 1:33 AM

Jul 2013
I think it was bullshit how Alice said that they didn't have info on Ayase's abilities and saying she's never shown them when she's already a third year. She's already put in the D-rank so she should have already did the evaluation and got her abilities graded. Ikki was put in the F-rank because he has no blazer abilities so Ayase's abilities should have been in the records already unless if she was purposely laying low.

People completely misunderstanding Ikki in this thread it seems just because he didn't judge Ayase too early despite her actions. He already established a bond with Ayase so he wanted to confirm it for himself what her true intentions are and he got his answer in the match so he wanted to bring back her pride as a swordswoman who is the daughter of a swordsman he has idolized since long ago because she was deceiving herself all along. Once she realized her weakness, she asked for help. This is a completely different situation from Kirihara who was straight up and douchebag and Ikki didn't pay any attention into trying to understand his motives. Ikki is a great guy. He's someone who has been wronged all his life by his own family but found a role model to look up to and decided to live his life helping others in any way he can because he doesn't want anyone to experience the things he did.
Nov 19, 2019 2:07 AM

Jun 2017
The fight between Ayase and Ikki was cool, even if Ayasa was cheating Ikki was still able to beat him, good game Ayase, but I'm glad that Ayase is back on her right mind. I can't wait for that sword eater guy to be beaten. Anyway, Stella is still as cute as always.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 27, 2020 1:19 PM

May 2015
nice fighto. Ayase bankai was cool too. :P
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 25, 2020 8:39 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Well this was unexpected. I wonder If he can help her out in the next few episodes or if we will have to wait for other seasons to come

Aug 18, 2020 7:35 AM

Apr 2020
The CEO of nice guys
Oct 6, 2020 3:19 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
It be one big tournament arc, and not even well structured one at that. That said, I’m enjoying the heck out of this rather plain and simple light novel adaptation, and really I can’t find anything to complain about. Just gonna keep enjoying this imouto vs best girl battle yo

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 15, 2021 4:16 AM

May 2011
Yeah no. Ikki went out of his way to humiliate his senpai so that she would beg him for help and next ep HE can solve all her problems. And he is presented as the perfect saint for doing this, not even exposing her cheating because he's just such a good guy. Also, Ikki again tanking massive damage with no problem while his opponents fold immediately after one hit.

Fuck this show and fuck Ikki.
Apr 13, 2021 1:04 PM

Mar 2019
That scene at the beginning, when he used the building to land in the water, that power, almost broke the walls. I like him a lot. Stella is also way better now that her tsundere thing died down.

Amazing fight. Especially at the end when Ayase said that "I want to be like my father". That OST almost made me drop a tear even though it wasn't sad or anything like that.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 5, 2021 8:18 AM

Apr 2021
what a dick move ayase made
she's got an interesting ability

and it was nice to see ikki fight without ittou shura, he's just a master at analysis during those fights ^^
i wish i was a cloud
Dec 6, 2021 4:55 PM

Aug 2017
I love how Ikki resolved this conflict, also definitely the best fight of the series so far.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 30, 2021 8:47 AM

Nov 2010
No wonder Ayase got tired so easily, that school uniform looks hot. She should've worn a sexier outfit with lots of exposed skin for cooling purposes. hehe

Cool fight as always. Ikki is such a badass swordsman by default. I think that's his only Rank A stat.
Apr 3, 2022 3:05 PM

Jul 2021
Ayase > Stella ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 12, 2022 9:40 AM
Sep 2021
Kurogane took down his senpai fair and square, even though his senpai did so many unfair things. Now Kurogane Ikki is going to face the swordsman who did all this to her senpai and family.

I give this episode 6/10.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

190 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.