Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2017 10:46 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think I've been spoiled by simulcasts over the years, haven't watched things raw in a long while lol

Anyway, episode animation was great though it felt like the door just disappeared when Su Mucheng barged in. xD I forgot how much of a dick move the way that whole kicking out scenario happened.

Also dang, that server opening countdown I can't remember when was the last time an MMO brought that much hype in a net cafe.

But yeah Ye Qiu's feelings was transmitted pretty well, I do hope to see more of the in-game visualizations next episode.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
ShockedJun 18, 2017 9:44 PM
Apr 6, 2017 10:49 PM

Feb 2014
:*( not fair you can watch it :*( I actually have found a raw but I am kinda neglecting watching it in raw, shouldnt have though since I cant even reopen it. They are going hardcore lock down on the episodes being transmitted. I really hope someone has a sub soon, I think I will just watch it twice at this point since I want to watch it too bad that I cant sit still XD

Also someone leaked the second episode somehow but it got caught right away. But just a heads up there is someone with the second episode already
Apr 6, 2017 11:00 PM

Dec 2009
It feels like being back in time basing the dialogue on what you can remember from the source material xP

I wonder if this might spark a revival of fansubs since a lot of institutional knowledge of fansubbing got lost when simulcasts became widespread
Apr 6, 2017 11:03 PM

Feb 2014
I mean if nobody official does it within 24 hours I guarantee a huge amount of fan subs will come out. Its too big of an anime to be neglected. Honestly if the name was the English name instead, it would have a ton more followers. I am probably going to be fishing for someone to release the first episode again and try to load it before it gets blocked
Apr 6, 2017 11:42 PM

May 2008
Pannucci said:
I mean if nobody official does it within 24 hours I guarantee a huge amount of fan subs will come out. Its too big of an anime to be neglected. Honestly if the name was the English name instead, it would have a ton more followers. I am probably going to be fishing for someone to release the first episode again and try to load it before it gets blocked

Don't worry, seem like there's going to be official English sub.
Apr 6, 2017 11:45 PM

Aug 2013
The retiring part at the start was one of the best moments in the entire story.
I can't help but laugh when I see that McD right beside Jia Shi HQ.. they sure know how to place ads.
You can see the effort put into art and animation.. and the piano soundtrack is just so hngg.
The use of cgi for some background and mob characters still look weird tho.

I see they are really trying to make the manager at Jia Shi a bad guy in this case.
LOL the moment Cheng Guo shout out those foul words was hilarious.. she's such a cutie.
What the heck, they made Xiao YueYue such an narcissist.. my stomach hurts. XD
That countdown.. was like me before this anime aired actually.
I just love the ED song so much.

Apr 6, 2017 11:53 PM

Feb 2014
Well I couldnt understand the words but it was a good 1st episode. especially because it looks like the pacing will be really good and not rushed. I agree about the CGI looking kinda weird in some spots but beyond that it was good. I think the voice actors were good for the main roles as well. I felt they off roles felt a little weird but thats fine. Well at least it lived up to my expectations for the most part. I was worried they were going to focus too much on fighting but almost all of the first episode was dialogue which is honestly the more important part of the series so thank god for not selling out!

Also I would say 9/10 on first ep since the animation was a little weird in some spots and a little weird in voice acting but I think they did a good job introducing the characters they have introduced so far.
Apr 7, 2017 12:16 AM
Mar 2017
where can i watvh first episode eng. sub?
Apr 7, 2017 12:17 AM

Aug 2013
EvraSion said:
There is no subs as of yet just raws.
Apr 7, 2017 12:21 AM
Mar 2017
Lambdaa- said:
EvraSion said:
can u send raw link?
Apr 7, 2017 12:25 AM

Aug 2013
EvraSion said:
Lambdaa- said:
can u send raw link?
Episode 1 Raw
Episode 2 Raw

Apr 7, 2017 12:28 AM

May 2008
Good first episode. Everything looks good. Background looks amazing. (except for the mob CGI). The little bit of comedy was also good.
lol at last part "Sorry, I like 100% more."
Apr 7, 2017 2:34 AM

Jul 2016
My first thought after ep1: Holy shit this is even more beautiful than the trailer made it out to be! The lighting is perfect, the camera tricks add to the mood and the characters look great. There's this one shot halfway through near the end of the training montage where they show the sky sped up and pan down and wait, was that on-location footage with Ye layered on top? If yes, that's amazing!

The only criticisms I have so far are 1) The CG background characters are radically ugly and 2) Ye isn't all that interesting of a lead, but my opinion may change when the subbed version comes out.

Finally, I do have some worries about the video game itself but I'll save that till we get a few more episodes in and I can confirm my suspicions.
Apr 7, 2017 2:40 AM

May 2008
TheGreatMizuti said:
My first thought after ep1: Holy shit this is even more beautiful than the trailer made it out to be! The lighting is perfect, the camera tricks add to the mood and the characters look great. There's this one shot halfway through near the end of the training montage where they show the sky sped up and pan down and wait, was that on-location footage with Ye layered on top? If yes, that's amazing!

The only criticisms I have so far are 1) The CG background characters are radically ugly and 2) Ye isn't all that interesting of a lead, but my opinion may change when the subbed version comes out.

Finally, I do have some worries about the video game itself but I'll save that till we get a few more episodes in and I can confirm my suspicions.

I'm pretty sure it's layered on top of real world scenes. Seeing a lot of it in this anime. (not a bad thing)

Yea, the MC doesn't show too much emotion. But the dialog between him and PC cafe owner was funny.
Apr 7, 2017 2:47 AM

Feb 2014
TheGreatMizuti said:

Dont worry almost every character in this series is extremely interesting. I dont think any of his backstory will happen in season 1 though so heads up. But the reason this series was soo successful is the "side characters" are more developed than most main characters in other series. You get to really know a lot of different people by the end. Honestly I can say most of the side characters could easily be main characters instead if it was written differently. Honestly would really want to read the story entirely from Wang Jiexi's perspective personally. I find him to be the most interesting person in the series tbh.
Apr 7, 2017 8:41 AM

Jul 2013
The animation in this episode exceeded my expectation! The voice acting was alright, the Internet was lagging for me so I wasn't able to fully appreciate it. Watched it in raw too. Can't wait for the subs to come out!
Apr 7, 2017 12:40 PM
Dec 2015
Pretty good episode.
The CGI works great most of the time but kinda looks weird in others.
Apr 7, 2017 2:41 PM
Oct 2016
Lambdaa- said:
The retiring part at the start was one of the best moments in the entire story.
I can't help but laugh when I see that McD right beside Jia Shi HQ.. they sure know how to place ads.
You can see the effort put into art and animation.. and the piano soundtrack is just so hngg.
The use of cgi for some background and mob characters still look weird tho.

I see they are really trying to make the manager at Jia Shi a bad guy in this case.
LOL the moment Cheng Guo shout out those foul words was hilarious.. she's such a cutie.
What the heck, they made Xiao YueYue such an narcissist.. my stomach hurts. XD
That countdown.. was like me before this anime aired actually.
I just love the ED song so much.

I agree, I was smiling the whole time watching it. And the moment Little Moon Moon appeared... my jaw dropped to the floor XD
Apr 7, 2017 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
Lambdaa- said:
EvraSion said:
can u send raw link?
Episode 1 Raw
Episode 2 Raw

Thanks! I found the first one online but the second one was out of my region
Apr 7, 2017 4:34 PM

Jul 2013
Pannucci said:

I dont think any of his backstory will happen in season 1 though so heads up.

This might be a bit of a spoiler but the first episode foreshadowed a bit of Ye Xiu's back story. I only know a bit of his past due to fan music videos on bilibili. The translated version isn't near it yet, but the foreshadowing thing is
Apr 7, 2017 6:32 PM

Jun 2015
Lambdaa- said:
EvraSion said:
can u send raw link?
Episode 1 Raw
Episode 2 Raw

Thank you!!!!! ;__;
Apr 7, 2017 7:44 PM

Jul 2015
no eng sub? based on this discuss, seems interesting...
Apr 8, 2017 1:42 AM

Mar 2017
I haven't watched the first episode yet since the sub hasn't been put out, but I did watch the PV videos. Are the voice the same in the anime as in the PV videos, because I couldn't stand the voices in the PV videos.

Any idea when the sub for ep 1 is coming out?
KohtaApr 8, 2017 1:46 AM
Kitsu - Waifu:Lilly Satou
Insert Useless Text Here
Are you a female, speak a language outside of english, and have a lot of built up anger? Then why not send me a hurtful message full of your burning hate for my existence. Leaving an english translation is optional, all hate is appreciated.
Apr 8, 2017 1:51 AM

Aug 2013
SkyFullOfStars said:
Pannucci said:

I dont think any of his backstory will happen in season 1 though so heads up.

This might be a bit of a spoiler but the first episode foreshadowed a bit of Ye Xiu's back story. I only know a bit of his past due to fan music videos on bilibili. The translated version isn't near it yet, but the foreshadowing thing is
Well if the anime follow exactly the original source then there probably won't reach any of the major drama or back story parts of the series with just 12 episodes, but from the looks of it they might speed up the pacing or bring forward and include some of those stuff like the foreshadowing when Ye Xiu took out the umbrella that didn't happen originally. Just my opinion.
Apr 8, 2017 6:38 AM

Mar 2007
Eng subs for the first episode are out on nyaa
Apr 8, 2017 7:09 AM
Apr 2016
Hitoiki said:
Where is it??????
Apr 8, 2017 7:11 AM

May 2008
Dealovaachan said:
Hitoiki said:
Where is it??????

Search "Nyaa [Bayi] Quan Zhi Gao Shou - The King's Avatar - Episode 01 [720p] [AAC]"
Apr 8, 2017 7:15 AM

May 2014
This is a good change of pace, one of the better chinese anime I've seen recently.
It actually had me laughing a bit which doesn't occur alot, the animations were surprisingly splendid, rather colourful.
I like the fact that they didn't bother changing Mcdonald's lol.
And for a gaming anime to focus more on the real life characters than the in-game ones.
The scenes have this sort of goofiness between characters I'm missing lately, most of the time they're over the top, but they're really likeable here.
The premise, MC and ED are likable, I think I can start this off with a 8/10.
Apr 8, 2017 7:16 AM

May 2008
KamSung said:
This is a good change of pace, one of the better chinese anime I've seen recently.
It actually had me laughing a bit which doesn't occur alot, the animations were surprisingly splendid, rather colourful.
I like the fact that they didn't bother changing Mcdonald's lol.
And for a gaming anime to focus more on the real life characters than the in-game ones.
The scenes have this sort of goofiness between characters I'm missing lately, most of the time they're over the top, but they're really likeable here.
The premise, MC and ED are likable, I think I can start this off with a 8/10.

lol reason why McDonald wasn't changed is because they are actually sponsoring it.
Apr 8, 2017 7:39 AM

Apr 2012
Dont get me wrong i like the first episode and the animation is really good but the movement of the characters seems rather choppy, also whats up with the weird camera panning and closeups? Is it just to create artificial drama, or am i exaggerating?

Anyways, we'll see if they can holdup this level of animation or if they just spend most of the budget on the first episode and key fight scenes after that to suck in more viewers.
Apr 8, 2017 7:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I have found a Chinese cartoon that I actually love....God damn, this first episode was good

I gotta say that this is easily by far the most accurate video game series there is and the fact that it takes traits from both SAO (In regards to playing a very popular game and the MC being the best at it) and LH (In regards to how inn depth they go with actual MMO gaming mechanics, the way people communicate with one another as well as allowing us the viewer to experience it all as if the player was actually in the game) and combine it with E-Sports and all of the tactics, competitiveness and strategy that comes along with it is a real breath of fresh air

The MC is a very likable dude not only because of how good he is, but like Shiroe from LH this guy is really smart too and the way he thinks things through is more than impressive. I also really dug his personality because both beneath and under the surface, he's genuinely a cool, generous and respectful human being and I like that a lot

The visuals in general are great however, the CG looks really weird lol but that's okay....Action scenes were awesome, the dialogue was very fitting and the OST is nice too, so with all that said, this series looks to be a fun and entertaining ride and I can't wait to see GLORY in an even brighter light than I do now as well as to get more of insight into the world of E-Sports

Great start overall, this really reminded me of the old days when I used to be really into online gaming and seeing him start off as a noob/newcomer was very nostalgic for me
Apr 8, 2017 8:01 AM
Sep 2011
Tokoya said:
I also really dug his personality because both beneath and under the surface, he's genuinely a cool, generous and respectful human being and I like that a lot

Seriously i lol'd at this but yeah agree with all you other point

I only hope we get good and consistent subs
Apr 8, 2017 8:07 AM
Apr 2015
The hype is real.
This brought more feels compare to manhua
Apr 8, 2017 8:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Duck_knight said:
Tokoya said:
I also really dug his personality because both beneath and under the surface, he's genuinely a cool, generous and respectful human being and I like that a lot

Seriously i lol'd at this but yeah agree with all you other point

I only hope we get good and consistent subs
Sounds like he has another side to himself =o Can't wait to see that then lol
Apr 8, 2017 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
Surprisingly a good start for the series, although quite mixed a bit when it comes to the art, mostly CGI wise. But other than that I kind of found it entertaining as hell xD
Apr 8, 2017 8:55 AM
Apr 2017
Wow really loved the first episode! I like the character design and the story. Can't wait to see the next episode...Any idea when the subs for the 2nd episode will be released?
Apr 8, 2017 8:57 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is very entertaining, if this is purely focused on a king in the game rising up the ranks again, it's gonna be a wild and fun ride.
Apr 8, 2017 9:00 AM

Aug 2013
a legit Chinese Cartoon?!
holyshit, that was passed my expectation

kings avatar > SAO
ayyy
Apr 8, 2017 9:36 AM

Feb 2014
Surprisingly good. Legit had some pretty stunning animation throughout. Interesting premise looking at a professional gamer. Keeping up with the subs took more effort than normal because it was pretty fast paced dialogue, or maybe the subtitler just needs to add more per line.
Apr 8, 2017 10:08 AM
Apr 2017
After reading most of these comments, it seems like this anime was highly anticipated by everyone. How so? is it this famous and good? There's previous material that I'm missing? (manga, novel, whatever)
Apr 8, 2017 10:10 AM

Sep 2010
NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO CAUSE A STORM.

Don't get me wrong, the first episode was really good but sadly it's only good. I guess after reading the novel my expectations were simply too much.

All in all the anime looks and sound great but especially game-part of adaptation so far was done quite terribly. Hopefully it will get better in time. Other than that I sadly can't see myself getting used to the language any time soon and I hope that sub team does better job in the future. Character name like One Autumn Leaf is one thing but if we don't get LORD GRIM appear in subs then I will riot. Without proper subs we won't get the jokes will Little Moon Moon either.

Apr 8, 2017 10:15 AM

Jul 2016
I finally found a version with subtitles. I'm still gonna hold off on my thoughts about GLORY but I take back most of what I said about Ye's character. Now I actually know what he said, he's actually kind of a nice protagonist.
Apr 8, 2017 10:18 AM

Apr 2010
Hell, the subs are gone much before I can read them... I mean, hell, let the poor people read.

I think it was nice, but I'm not sure what exactly happens. Yay me...

Apr 8, 2017 10:22 AM

May 2010
Pretty dope episode but downloading the episodes is the only option in this case since subs go by waaay too fast.
Apr 8, 2017 10:22 AM

Aug 2013
DorianTail said:
After reading most of these comments, it seems like this anime was highly anticipated by everyone. How so? is it this famous and good? There's previous material that I'm missing? (manga, novel, whatever)
The novel is amazing and was quite a sensation in china, and yes there's also translated novel and manga too.
eso18 said:
NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO CAUSE A STORM.

Don't get me wrong, the first episode was really good but sadly it's only good. I guess after reading the novel my expectations were simply too much.

All in all the anime looks and sound great but especially game-part of adaptation so far was done quite terribly. Hopefully it will get better in time. Other than that I sadly can't see myself getting used to the language any time soon and I hope that sub team does better job in the future. Character name like One Autumn Leaf is one thing but if we don't get LORD GRIM appear in subs then I will riot. Without proper subs we won't get the jokes will Little Moon Moon either.
Yeah, I agree. Though it seems like it would focus more on the battle and action aspects on the adaption to me so the others are mostly disregarded. Too bad those who read the novel raws like me don't really get english translation jokes lol.
Apr 8, 2017 10:30 AM
Apr 2017
Oh I'm getting a sense of it. So, should I read the novel or the manga? Which one is better?

Btw, thanks for the info
Apr 8, 2017 10:33 AM

Aug 2013
DorianTail said:
Oh I'm getting a sense of it. So, should I read the novel or the manga? Which one is better?

Btw, thanks for the info
Novel of course. No prob.
Apr 8, 2017 10:33 AM
Aug 2015
fuck yeah! i waited for these type of anime, doesnt matter if its chinese its fucking good, the MC is very mature and smart, i really think so, MOTO MOTO!!!

if there would be more anime like this...
Apr 8, 2017 10:51 AM

Dec 2014
well The animation was good but still could not handle chinese..even though I have been studying it for the last four months
Apr 8, 2017 11:11 AM

Sep 2016
chinese cartoon, that was quite good featuring washed up veteran BurNIng-GOD. but how is a grindy MMORPG an e-sports?
and burning just won DAC, pretty nice coincidence.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjohn »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

163 by Nat_V »»
Oct 13, 2022 11:53 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - Jun 15, 2017

148 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 18, 2022 7:18 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jun 8, 2017

62 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 17, 2022 8:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.