Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 26, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now I have to admit, this episode had a good feel of intense feelings as Sorey faces off against his biggest challenge yet.

It was a solid episode even with a bit of background storytelling. Sorey also learns more about his role in this struggle. Sadly, the finale will be delayed to next month. Kinda interesting to see Rose handing Zaveid the hat that Dezel gave to her as a way of entrusting his strength to him.
Mar 26, 2017 7:24 AM

Sep 2016
Stark700 said:
Sadly, the finale will be delayed to next month.

what? why? nobody would remember this by next month lol
mayeb they want new game announcement
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 26, 2017 7:29 AM

Dec 2013
GangsterCat said:
Stark700 said:

https://myanimelist.net/news/50101118
Yeah, it's probably the next game announcement.
Mar 26, 2017 8:13 AM

Jul 2012
And i thought that this is the last episode and now it is delayed ... Not that i really care cause this season is really meh and today should've been the farewell for this series.
About the episode, well wrapped up some stuff and now for some reason they can use whatever powers they want, i guess power of friendship.
Mar 26, 2017 8:36 AM
Aug 2015
The only good thing about this episode is the fact that they did show what happened to Heldalf. But him wanting to reduce the Malevolence by coming to Mont Killaraus. lol They just wanted to make a link with Berseria and it was poorly done. It's funny how they messed everything with their stupid changes but now it's too late too correct things. Putting scenes that happen in the game won't save the anime.

And how dare they ??? Make Alisha armatize with Mikleo! No! Just no!
Have they even said that Lailah made an oath and that she wasn't able to tell them everything? Sorey found his answer too quickly and what the hell with this mega evolution armatization?!

And the final episode for April 29th? Geez, I thought this mess would end today...
Well, we'll see for the next game. But I just hope ufotable won't do Tales of anime adaptations anymore.
Mar 26, 2017 8:39 AM
Aug 2011
what's this? Am I watching avatar?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2017 8:42 AM

Apr 2015
See you next month :D

Mar 26, 2017 8:47 AM

Jul 2014
Was good episode but until next month =___=

At least we got maotelus talking in zestiria and we got the back story for heldalf , btw he's asshole who betrayed people who trusted him he doesn't not deserve saving at best i will just kill him so he won't suffer more
Devil_SlayerMar 26, 2017 8:51 AM
Mar 26, 2017 8:47 AM

Apr 2014
was a nice ep and nice battle so far not to mention the super transformation though sucks that the last ep is delayed

but either way am looking forward to how things end
"one step at a time"
Mar 26, 2017 8:48 AM

Jul 2014
GangsterCat said:
Stark700 said:

Most likely a third game announced will be with it , it will be worth waiting
Mar 26, 2017 8:49 AM

May 2008
I can't believe those assholes on Tumblr actually called Rainbow!Sorey. IT WAS A JOKE, UFOTABLE.

I'm so sad that we won't get the last episode until the end of April. I was ready for the ending; now I'm left super curious.
Mar 26, 2017 8:52 AM

Jul 2014
Sakarii said:
I can't believe those assholes on Tumblr actually called Rainbow!Sorey. IT WAS A JOKE, UFOTABLE.

I'm so sad that we won't get the last episode until the end of April. I was ready for the ending; now I'm left super curious.

Well he need 3 more colors to go full rainbow kamui ~
Mar 26, 2017 9:18 AM

Jun 2015
Got to see the memories of the Calamity King. He was cursed with solitude because Michael cursed it upon him so he won't hurt anyone else. Sorey looks cool with his new armatization.
Mar 26, 2017 9:25 AM

Dec 2013
It was gay. Srsly.

Mar 26, 2017 9:33 AM

Jul 2014
Other than the memories of Heldalf and yet another massive deus ex machina, practically nothing happened this episode. No way I'll remember this in a month.
Mar 26, 2017 9:37 AM

Jul 2014
Atavistic said:
Other than the memories of Heldalf and yet another massive deus ex machina, practically nothing happened this episode. No way I'll remember this in a month.

This is 25 anime episode with One piece pace of events how can they waste so much time on side characters ?
Mar 26, 2017 9:43 AM

Sep 2016
Devil_Slayer said:
Atavistic said:

This is 25 anime episode with One piece pace of events how can they waste so much time on side characters ?
they wasted a lot on rose and alisha
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 26, 2017 9:45 AM

Dec 2013
Devil_Slayer said:
Atavistic said:

+ they somehow managed to cram the game storyline into half of an episode
Mar 26, 2017 9:50 AM

Apr 2015
First of all, i'm really happy with how the story goes.. it put some of the story that the game have and they alter it with the best way possible.

I'm really happy to see Alisha Armatized.. the way ufotable handle Alisha is somewhat make me really happy happy because of her treatment that she get in the game. She also able to armatize with Mikleo. not that i ship both oh them, it just make me really happy..

The flashback really follow the game, eventhough the place where they flashback is different.. it come out really great for this series..

One thing i need to mention, they fxxking do a contract infront of the enemy??
It was like "WTF??". then just laughed it of because of anime logic.. Haha
Mar 26, 2017 9:50 AM

Sep 2015
Evil Leomon vs Japan ver of Avatar

Wat
Into the Internet!
Mar 26, 2017 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
RedShade said:

One thing i need to mention, they fxxking do a contract infront of the enemy??
It was like "WTF??". then just laughed it of because of anime logic.. Haha

It's problem with all the series but yeah they really got on my nerve with how much they talked and even formed a contract with zavied at heldalf watch LOL
Mar 26, 2017 9:58 AM

Dec 2013
RedShade said:
happy because of her treatment that she get in the game

What treatment? She was useless right from start due to her low resonance. Use your damn loaf.
ps: i bet you love deus ex machina
Mar 26, 2017 9:58 AM

Jun 2013
Nice to get some background. Pretty enjoyable episode overall...That transformation though. lol
Its garishness is pretty consistent with the rest of the character designs in this show.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 26, 2017 10:01 AM

Jul 2014
GangsterCat said:
Devil_Slayer said:

they wasted a lot on rose and alisha

Yeah like really what does alisha and rose add to the main story ? hell they could give this back story episode on its own but NO they must waste time on alish and rose to satisfied the waifufags from the game

back in ep 9 how can you waste 70%of the episode on alisha side pointless story and 30% on sorey purifying the dragon ?
Devil_SlayerMar 26, 2017 10:06 AM
Mar 26, 2017 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
blixie said:
Nice to get some background. Pretty enjoyable episode overall...That transformation though. lol
Its garishness is pretty consistent with the rest of the character designs in this show.

Gave me saint seiya vibes and you think this is too bright ? You didn't see berseria final boss appearance LOL
Mar 26, 2017 10:24 AM

Jun 2014
"Water, Earth, Fire, Air. Long ago, humans and seraphim lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the King of Calamity attacked. Only the Shepherd, master of all four elements, could stop him, but........"

Oh shit, wrong show lol.

Anyway, interesting backstory about the previous Shepherd and the King of Calamity. It's a shame though that now we have to wait a month to see Rainbow Sorey take down the enemy.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 26, 2017 10:25 AM

Jul 2013
Okay, Heldalf's backstory was nice and the ending implied an epic battle will happen the next episode.
But, a thing that was bothering me, if Maotelus was fighting Heldalf, where were the other 4 Empyreans? Did they got killed or they just didn't gave a fuck about what was happening?

Well, now it's the time to wait to April to complete this. Ufotable just pulled another God Eater, lol.
Mar 26, 2017 10:31 AM

Oct 2015
Waaaaaah the bad guy has a shred of humanity? That's just crazy! I mean it's not like they told us he went to an isolated place away from humans. It's not like they repeated that statement anywhere in the show. I mean how were we suppose to question why he went through all that trouble if they are now just bringing it up? That's just crazy!

Sorey your lack of revelation until now is dumbfounding. Good thing they had a backup wind guy or Captain Planet wouldn't have been summoned. Now to wait a month for a single battle scene and to wrap up the story. And possibly another sales pitch to buy Tales of Berseria.
Mar 26, 2017 10:34 AM
Jun 2014
guess Sorey just went and became the Legendary Super Shepherd.

its funny how they took a dump on the game's story. they even made heldalf look like a bigger asshole than he was in the game.
Mar 26, 2017 10:52 AM

Mar 2013
Well, it was really a good ep., the fight was intense, but really... WHY THE FU** THEY COULDN'T THIS AS A HOUR SPECIAL END?!!! I don't see the logic...>_>

Edit: I do hope at least then, that at end of the last ep. what very nice announcing will (like with the adaptation of Berseria, because I wanna more of Velvet see...xD), if we having wait...
Mar 26, 2017 11:17 AM

Dec 2014
I thought this was the last episode and was totally surprised when it ended right after Sorey transformed. Nevertheless, it was a pretty decent episode.

The memories with the previous Shepard and Heldaf were nice I guess despite being pretty rushed.

Well there was obviously gonna be a powerup to defeat the Lord of Calamity, expecting a good fight since the fight this episode wasn't particularly great.
Mar 26, 2017 11:24 AM

Jul 2007
Just a little bit above the game bullshit. Disappointed they did not end up using Velvet for more than just few cameos. Zestiria could have been saved if the entire endgame was replaced.

Overall this was mediocre show with uninspired storyboarding and no cinematography or fight choreography in sight. What was there was pretty much reused storyboards from UfoUBW and GodEater, so nothing that great. A third stinker in a row for Ufotable. Not looking that good.

I thought I would drop this but thankfully Alisha getting screentime she DESERVED in game and some of the game's braindead plotpoints being removed made me stick through it. Still final score is 4/10

I wonder If I will remember this show in a month when last episode airs.
Mar 26, 2017 11:41 AM

Mar 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
"Water, Earth, Fire, Air. Long ago, humans and seraphim lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the King of Calamity attacked. Only the Shepherd, master of all four elements, could stop him, but........"

Oh shit, wrong show lol.

Anyway, interesting backstory about the previous Shepherd and the King of Calamity. It's a shame though that now we have to wait a month to see Rainbow Sorey take down the enemy.

LOL YOU'RE RIGHT. Those were exactly my thoughts xD
Mar 26, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2016
after artorius, now sorey become mithos clone
always good to see maotelus again
CrossAnge

Mar 26, 2017 1:16 PM

Apr 2016
I did't play the game, so I could enjoy the episode. And this was one of the best.

Interesting background with Heldalf and the former shepherd. On the other hand, very surprising that he sacrificed himself and his nephew for a strange curse. Unbelievable for a shepherd - was there no other solution? (or a direkt-kill)?

And the rest feels a bit rushed, the power-ups don't seem to be a problem anymore (recently, is was very heavy and almost fatal). Now Edan could easily change the team to Rose; Mikleo with Alisah.
But of course, it was cool, that Sorey could unite all in the end.
FencMar 26, 2017 1:20 PM
Mar 26, 2017 1:36 PM

Sep 2014
Cant believe I was actually looking forward to this season..
Why cant they just end this already? ._.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 26, 2017 2:04 PM

Sep 2015
Dam I just knew this would happen one day. Btw does anyone know If Shepherds can have wives? That way I can believe even stronger that Alisha or Rose or both will end up being his wives(Polygamy). Or does he have to retire as a Shepherd?
Mar 26, 2017 2:06 PM

Jan 2009
so its partially the fault of the first Shepard Michael that Heldaf become the Lord of Calamity huh

Sorey combining/armatization all the nature elements of the Seraph is cool
Mar 26, 2017 3:26 PM

Dec 2012
Sorey seeing into Heldalf's past.

Fusing with everyone. Now we gotta wait a month for the finale.
Santoryu_XBurnerMar 26, 2017 3:29 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 26, 2017 3:49 PM

Sep 2011
The question now is this.

Is the last episode coming out next month because a new game is getting announced or is it ufotable royally fucking up like they did with God Eater?
Mar 26, 2017 3:51 PM

Sep 2016
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Is the last episode coming out next month because a new game is getting announced or is it ufotable royally fucking up like they did with God Eater?
well they alreayd fucked up this whole season, so it's no big deal at this point
CrossAnge

Mar 26, 2017 3:52 PM

Jun 2011
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

I think this was planned way before the season started. Only 12 eps was confirmed and it was only yesterday was when we found out it gets an extra ep.
Mar 26, 2017 4:36 PM

Dec 2016
Looking forward to that last episode.
Mar 26, 2017 5:19 PM

Oct 2011
Omg April 29 for last episode noooo. At least it isnt like God eater for the last 3 episode .
Mar 26, 2017 7:28 PM

Jul 2016
Interesting. I did not expect him to armatize with all 4 elements at once.

The curse prevents him from having meaningful conversation with other people? That sucks...

Mar 26, 2017 7:59 PM

Jul 2014
Rose and Alisha are now experts armatizing with anyone? I like both so whatever.

It was pretty obvious that sorey was going to armatize with everyone at once and he looks good.

Heldelf is a good guy, he let them talk and make their contract.

One month...
Mar 26, 2017 10:16 PM

Jul 2007
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Episodes usually get delays like that because somebody fucks up the schedule. IT just shows that the production was a mess.

Nobody willingly delays an episode by a MONTH.
Mar 26, 2017 10:45 PM

Jul 2014
Hinata said:
Dam I just knew this would happen one day. Btw does anyone know If Shepherds can have wives? That way I can believe even stronger that Alisha or Rose or both will end up being his wives(Polygamy). Or does he have to retire as a Shepherd?

I don't remember anything about Shepherds cannot have a wife in the game "not sure tho" and don't rise your hopes up about those two
Mar 26, 2017 10:48 PM

Jul 2014
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

There isn't any special event in april 29 as far as i know , they better announce a new game if they want the people to wait , other than that i don't know why they would delay this

unless someone fucked up the schedule
Mar 27, 2017 4:06 AM

Aug 2013
Though that this season was 12 episode then the preview happened announcing the next episode titled "Legend". So exited, started jumping up and down. Next episode 29th April ... Fuck!

Anyways. This was an OK episode overall.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 29, 2017

179 by hihappy »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

93 by LeonhartAugust »»
Aug 16, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

93 by Sasutaschi »»
Aug 6, 2023 12:55 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

72 by Dawizz »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:05 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2017

85 by Dawizz »»
Nov 16, 2022 12:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.