Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 18, 2017 2:48 PM

Oct 2007
The most surprising surprise to me in that entire episode was...

...dat flamethrower. I was expecting another tank or explosion or something, but dayum. Talk about a crunchy roll. French dude got turned into a 324-layer croissant.
RalonzoMar 18, 2017 2:54 PM
Mar 18, 2017 2:53 PM

Sep 2014
fatalystic said:
Poor Grantz. He's basically the show's punching bag. ._.

He's the krilin of the show?
Mar 18, 2017 2:54 PM
Jun 2009
neonie said:
Comander-07 said:
if Tanyas stereotype-nemesis can survive shooting, stabbing and drowning, then yes. Grantz can survive :D

(Am I the only one that isnt bothered by production issues simply because this studio is new? the overall quality is quite good considering this.)

The production issue was not the studios. It was Crunchy Roll's. The Anime aired on time on ATX.

From what I heard, the studio is delivering the anime at the last time to air on the japanese TV. Crunchyroll is used to receive a episode with a couple weeks of antecedence, as it has to translate it. So it is very much a issue with the studio that can't keep their deadlines properly.
Mar 18, 2017 2:55 PM

Sep 2014
Alright. It has to been done. I need anyone with video editing skills to make it happen.

I need to you take Megumin's strongest Explosion cast. Grab that clip. Once she yells explosion, cut to the trenches being blown the fuck up.

As soon as the guys in the air get hit with the blast, just before the guys on the ground get tossed, play the Sawano Drop music from Aldnoa Zezo ( I SAY CRY!!!!!)

That song started playing in my head the moment that scene happened.
Mar 18, 2017 3:19 PM

Feb 2008
Members of the Strategic HQ have balls of steel, particularly Zettour. His demeanour at that meeting was rather remarkable. To think that such a plan would actually work out... A spectacular turn of events indeed.

The eye-patched Colonel may beg to differ, though. The following confrontation ought to be exiting.

The post-credits scene, though... Lieutenant Serebryakova proves her prowess as a soldier yet again, being ready to fend off enemies even in her sleep.
Mar 18, 2017 3:31 PM
Jul 2014
That was pretty poor tactics on the part of the enemy mage battalion. They had the drop on Tanya's force with both surprise and superior numbers and yet they only fired one shot, and not at Tanya, the obvious leader of the group (and the enemy guy's personal hate target, who you'd think he'd want to fire on first... unless he's letting that hate cloud his judgement into wanting an epic showdown).

Of course, we want an epic showdown and for Tanya to survive the surprise attack, but that's not what the enemy forces would want.

Also given that the enemy communications are in disarray and that the empire's been pretty on-top of things so far, that's some pretty shoddy intelligence letting the enemy battalion get that close to Tanya in the first place. Granted they're from a different enemy force than the ones currently getting pummelled, but still.
Mar 18, 2017 5:51 PM

Apr 2013
Mirality said:
That was pretty poor tactics on the part of the enemy mage battalion. They had the drop on Tanya's force with both surprise and superior numbers and yet they only fired one shot, and not at Tanya, the obvious leader of the group (and the enemy guy's personal hate target, who you'd think he'd want to fire on first... unless he's letting that hate cloud his judgement into wanting an epic showdown).

Of course, we want an epic showdown and for Tanya to survive the surprise attack, but that's not what the enemy forces would want.

Also given that the enemy communications are in disarray and that the empire's been pretty on-top of things so far, that's some pretty shoddy intelligence letting the enemy battalion get that close to Tanya in the first place. Granted they're from a different enemy force than the ones currently getting pummelled, but still.

That's because it's an anime only scene, so don't expect the same military accuracy as the scenes coming from the military novel.
Mar 18, 2017 6:11 PM

May 2015
Looks like they're in for some deep shit after that ending.

Mar 18, 2017 6:29 PM
Feb 2017
For some reason, I have the feeling that this version of Being X or one of his minion is actually possessing Anson dead body instead of saving him from death... and that would explain why Anson was able to survive such injuries as he is no longer human. Also the power that Anson has shown in this episode doesn't seem like that of any mage or close to that of Tanya blessing from being X. As there is no other mage that have been shown to be able to bless inanimate object and the only one that seem capable of doing so would be Being X.

So could Anson really be just Being X Vessel in order for him to fight Tanya himself? or could it be one of his minions instead? or Could that be an entirely different entity from Being X?

P.S. the shadow that Anson saw when he was drowning to the bottom of the sea, seem to resemble that of an Angel and if Being X really claim to be God as he keep asserting, I don't think he would appear with the silhouette of an Angel....
pall_haigoliMar 18, 2017 6:41 PM
Mar 18, 2017 6:36 PM
Dec 2013
Good to see Hanz finally using that flamenwerffer
Mar 18, 2017 7:42 PM

Jan 2014
I can't justify the trench warfare anymore in this show, the mass production of tanks, and mages strong enough to take out several trenches at one, would have never allowed these massive trench networks to be become established let alone not be able to crush though them.

You could have justified it with well there are so few mages (Nations have sub 1000? 5000? probably?) compared to the hundreds of thousands-millions of men and thus can't break through the massive trench networks or have enough influence to break through. But when you can mass produce early WW II tanks.

V1 rockets can be excused somewhat due to being new technology, hard to produce and having little impact due to the inaccuracy/inflexibility of them compared to just deploying mages/arty and spamming.
Mar 18, 2017 8:35 PM

Jul 2008
I knew it, after watching the empire's battle plans all succeeding that there had to be some sort of backlash from the enemy. The enemy GOD who was enhancing his ammunition got my attention and once we found out there is an unknown sniper group near Tanya's company, there is no doubt in my mind that the enemy will get first blood. I am hoping for the best for Tanya but I think she will be the only survivor of her group against the other enemy GOD.
Mar 18, 2017 8:45 PM
Feb 2017
ShanaFlame said:
I knew it, after watching the empire's battle plans all succeeding that there had to be some sort of backlash from the enemy. The enemy GOD who was enhancing his ammunition got my attention and once we found out there is an unknown sniper group near Tanya's company, there is no doubt in my mind that the enemy will get first blood. I am hoping for the best for Tanya but I think she will be the only survivor of her group against the other enemy GOD.
Actually I think only those four in the opening will survive, while the rest will probably died by acting as Tanya meat shield.
Mar 19, 2017 1:54 AM

Jul 2014
I knew it was going far too well for Tanya and everyone else, so Anton's attack at the end of the episode (undoubtedly supported by Being X, if those bullets of his are any indication) comes as no surprise in the grand scheme of things, though how that leaves us with 2 episodes worth of stuff to go through I have no idea. After all, if Tanya defeats Anton, then that really would be that, unless Being X tries to intervene in some other way to stop Tanya from getting what she wants.
Mar 19, 2017 3:55 AM
Jan 2016
Pixywing7 said:
I can't justify the trench warfare anymore in this show, the mass production of tanks, and mages strong enough to take out several trenches at one, would have never allowed these massive trench networks to be become established let alone not be able to crush though them.

You could have justified it with well there are so few mages (Nations have sub 1000? 5000? probably?) compared to the hundreds of thousands-millions of men and thus can't break through the massive trench networks or have enough influence to break through. But when you can mass produce early WW II tanks.

V1 rockets can be excused somewhat due to being new technology, hard to produce and having little impact due to the inaccuracy/inflexibility of them compared to just deploying mages/arty and spamming.

To be fair, it is explained in the beginning that this is their world's first world war. They might have had skirmishes before, but like with Dacia it's an issue of old paradigms still existing because nobody has taken a serious whack at it with new strategies.

In this particular case, the new strategy would appear to be a metric fuckton of explosives.
Mar 19, 2017 4:40 AM
Feb 2017
Pixywing7 said:

Except that's pretty much what real-France did with the Maginot line in the aftermath of WWI. The operation in this episode is most likely a reference to the Manstein plan.
Mar 19, 2017 9:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Now lets see whether last weeks surprise attack works then. Hope Tanya's attack manages to take the enemy HQ.

Hmm so the allies are finally planning to take part in the war eh. And it seems that Anson Sue is finally ready to face Tanya with his own power from god. Funny that he will become god's champion though. It seems that his relife has made him more reckless though. I can see why he wants to face Tanya though. Hmm so it looks like Tanya's command squad and two other squads are the only ones on this mission eh. Then again those rockets being prototypes can only carry that many men in them. Plus smaller numbers of rockets is best for infiltration missions like this. Three targets and three teams to deal with each. Hope this operation goes off successfully. The entire plan for the army hinges on this one operation though. Kinda risky to base your plan on one operation though. The military always has a hard job explaining to the government about their plans though and this is no exception. At least they seemed fine with the plan though probably with some reservations. Hmm so the finance for this war has been through the use of bonds eh. The longer a war goes for the more chances that it will ruin the economy of a country this is something that does happen. Its nice to see this matter being addressed in the anime. Its nice to see what the civilian government think fo the war as well because so far its been entirely focused on the military. Hmm Tanya and the others use of magic camouflage sure is effective. The civilian concerns though are certainly valid and watching the generals dual with them while Tanya and her unit are in the field is somewhat funny. Though the politicians are still as annoying as they are in the real world. But its nice to see that the plan actually worked in that they succeeded in destroying the enemies HQ and ammo depot. Way to go to turn the meeting around though. Keeping the politicians in the dark was a great move.

Meanwhile the enemy's main force continues the advance unaware that they are walking into a trap. So the third plan was to destroy the enemies right wing with buried explosives eh. In this case careless smoking can kill you lol. While the detonation of the entire right wing of the enemy defenses was pretty spectacular. Operation Lock pick eh what a apt name. And now that the defenses are breached the empire can finally attack. A surprise attack to take out the enemy HQ and comms before a surprise attack on the enemy defenses followed by a exploitation force i love it when all the pieces of a plan work successfully. I love their use of funny code names though. Operation revolving door is next eh. Now lets hope that the next part is as successful. Hmm escaping by submarine eh. Quite the exit strategy. Lol i doubt any of the guys will be bold enough to try anything on Victoria when she slept. Hmm so the previous three plans were focused on luring the enemy in followed by destruction of their HQ and comms before taking out the right flank and getting your forces to threaten the enemies rear eh. Which brings us to this new plan Operation revolving door that intends to surround the enemy main force.
A classic Cannae maneuver indeed. Its nice to see Victoria and the rest of the unit's reactions on hearing about the plans success though. To them the war has gone on for far too long. Credit to the enemy commander for realizing that its time to retreat but far too late. Wow the empire even had flamethrowers to deal with the main force eh. So Tanya's forces task for this operation is to eliminate retreating enemy forces eh. Tanya knows exactly how to motivate her men lol. Once this war is over though i wonder what life Tanya would be living in.

Hmm so a new player joins the field straight in the middle of the empires greatest victory. Hmm well the unidentified unit sure is now hostile. Poor Grantz being the first to be killed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2017 11:46 AM

May 2015
I really like scens after ending. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 19, 2017 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
LMAO!

I pity that Republican solider so much. Stabbed through the heart while TINY LITTLE HANDS are covering your mouth. Would be more amazing if Tanya whispered "God is on your side."

Mar 19, 2017 2:56 PM
Oct 2012
Mirality said:
That was pretty poor tactics on the part of the enemy mage battalion.

Couple things:

One, they had to fire because they were about to lose the element of surprise - Rhine control sent an open message to them asking them to identify themselves.

Two, at the range they were, only Anson had the capacity to hit them wit those special magic infused shells he was working on in the airplane. So that was why there was only one shot.

Three, while I agree that he should have shot Tanya, this is where adding a lunatic to your battalion doesn't always help. He wouldn't get his revenge if he shot Tanya this way because he already knows she could survive something similar (episode 2 or so) - he want's to throttle her life personally. War isn't personal, when you take it personally you end up dying (as Tanya showed those two men in the first episode).

Four, on this point the British leader also went off script (as the opening scene showed). Having faced Tanya he decided to fight a devil with a devil, but that will probably end up costing him.

On another note: this is now the 4th time that the Empire has been unilaterally attacked by her enemies (first the North, then the Republic seeking to attack a distracted Empire, the Darcia after being bribed by the Republic, and now the Angos). This is an interesting situation that the writer has created. The Empire HAS obeyed rules (including the general signal today), it is the ALLIES who are acting illegally. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
Mar 19, 2017 5:25 PM

Jan 2013
Their plan was a success! They did such a great job.
Those poor soldiers thinking that they can escape.
Glad to see Tanya happy, she did a splendid job, she and her team obviously.
Next episode will be the boss fight xD That guy is kinda powerful, so it will be a nice fight. Finally a decent enemy for Tanya.
That ending hahahaha

I heard those rumors that Youjo Senki is supposed to have 26 episodes? I really hope those rumors are true.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 19, 2017 6:49 PM
Sep 2014
If Visha dies on the next episode, we might actually see raged Tanya which would be awesome.
Mar 19, 2017 7:56 PM

Oct 2016
This felt like the most intense episode thus far. Cool how Tanya's team had the main lines in the palm of their hand practically.
Mar 20, 2017 2:52 AM

Oct 2008
One comment: "This is RETALIATION!!!"
5/5!

Mar 20, 2017 3:54 AM

Jun 2015
Better episode than the last, still I wont be satisfied unless Tanya's whole Squad destroyed, however my bet is she wont lose another squad member, I feel the plot armor too strong in this anime.
Mar 20, 2017 7:00 AM

Aug 2016
I hope that all of her companion would not be wiped out..
Mar 20, 2017 7:09 AM

Mar 2017
I'm actually scared that Tanya and her forces will be defeated in the upcoming episodes.
I really thought that the guy that Tanya fought (the one that she first encountered on her first training/flight battle) died. But 'Being X' made a miracle and granted him powers to destroy The Devil a.k.a Tanya.

A mix of fright and excitement is what I'm feeling right now after watching episode 10. I can't predict what Tanya and her forces will be going to do.

Blightalzen said:

same, I really hope that they would not be wiped out

FrozenRaider said:
I really like scens after ending. :D

I know right? haha too bad he died :(
I was actually shipping him and Visha together. My ship has sunken...

BUTTT NEVER FEAR CAUSE
Tanya and Vishna ship is here haha~

Dephree said:
If Visha dies on the next episode, we might actually see raged Tanya which would be awesome.

YEEP that would be so awesome to see a raged loli.

PS: Is it me or.. I think that there is something wrong with Vishna's picture??? https://myanimelist.net/character/146986/Viktoriya_Ivanovna_Serebryakova

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Mar 20, 2017 7:31 AM

Aug 2016
happy endings is love
Mar 20, 2017 7:44 AM

Jun 2015
Blightalzen said:

All Squad member dying----I think that would make a pretty good anime original ending, losing only 1 squad member who already had the death flag up wont make this anime memorable thats just so unoriginal and boring.

But worry not chances are, they will go the safe happy route...
Much to my dislike.
Mar 20, 2017 9:19 AM

Jan 2016
I've found the past couple episode to be some of the best this series has to offer. Very glad the score of this anime is increasing, well done Studio NUT.
I find it interesting this has already become anime original apparently and the rival to Tanya is different in the LN. Because thus far it's pretty damn good for what it is.
Interested to see the fight between eyepatch and Tanya. :)
Mar 20, 2017 11:18 AM

Jun 2013
that was fucking awesome
Mar 21, 2017 4:52 AM

Dec 2016
For all the action packed into this episode, I found it a bit lacking in suspense... that was until that final scene before the credits. Don't count out the opposition yet!

Looking forward to the next episodes :) :) :)
Mar 21, 2017 7:19 AM
May 2015
0nion said:
Pixywing7 said:

Except that's pretty much what real-France did with the Maginot line in the aftermath of WWI. The operation in this episode is most likely a reference to the Manstein plan.

I guess there may not be more than 1000 mage for the entire nation. I guess the western front have 400 and north 150 and the rest may be 300. In this anime did not show there are anti mage weapon too. It make sense to have WWI situation with this small number of them.
Mar 21, 2017 11:23 PM

Feb 2014
That scene at the end tugs on heart strings, I hope Gantz isnt dead, I like his character.

These last two episodes will be intense.
Mar 22, 2017 3:27 PM

Mar 2012
Sakanagi_Ayana said:
Blightalzen said:

All Squad member dying----I think that would make a pretty good anime original ending, losing only 1 squad member who already had the death flag up wont make this anime memorable thats just so unoriginal and boring.

Much to my dislike.

Yes because, the number of characters you kill off = better writing :/
Mar 23, 2017 7:13 AM

Jun 2015
ElPysCongroo said:
Sakanagi_Ayana said:

Much to my dislike.

Despite going through really dangerous missions in an all out war, Tanya's Squad didnt lose even one member, hell even Gantz might survived, this seriously hurts my immersion and the series seems to be just another shounen with war as background theme. Also after a while when you saw quite a few show, and seeing that in 99% of cases protag and its friends always beats impossible odds ...After a while really boring and predictable.
Mar 24, 2017 6:57 AM

Apr 2013
Sakanagi_Ayana said:
ElPysCongroo said:

Despite going through really dangerous missions in an all out war, Tanya's Squad didnt lose even one member, hell even Gantz might survived, this seriously hurts my immersion and the series seems to be just another shounen with war as background theme. Also after a while when you saw quite a few show, and seeing that in 99% of cases protag and its friends always beats impossible odds ...After a while really boring and predictable.

actually she lost some in the mission this time when they were covering the retreat
Mar 26, 2017 3:59 AM

Jul 2009
Operation was a success! Tanya rocks
Mar 28, 2017 4:36 AM

Jul 2008
Of course Being X just can't let it be that easy right?
Mar 29, 2017 6:17 AM

Aug 2016
This was awesome. After lowlands republican army surrender/wiping out, all tanks and mages of Empire should head straight to capital. Blitzkrieg style. Iam curious if Republic really surrender and if Kingdom will join war after that or not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 7:21 PM

Feb 2013
Intense. This has been a good "war" anime so far.

That strategy was going a little too well.
Apr 7, 2017 7:55 PM

May 2012
Oh boy what an episode, with what an ending! The real battle is about to start and with two more episodes I really do wonder how this will end!
Apr 9, 2017 2:47 AM

Apr 2015
The after credits scene owo

Hope this will end well...

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 18, 2017 3:49 AM

Sep 2016
that after credit scene was golden :D
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

May 22, 2017 4:54 PM

May 2013
LOL that end credit clip xD I would ship them ;P GrantzXSerebryakova HUEHUEHUE

When he blushed a little at the time Tanya said "I hope none of you tried anything on Serebryakova while she was asleep" I knew something innocent happened between them XD
May 22, 2017 5:46 PM

Jun 2010
My loli is gone :'(
Jun 25, 2017 10:50 PM

Sep 2015
Nooo Grantz ;-; ripp
Jul 21, 2017 12:20 AM

Jan 2014
Being X is a shit God
I mean, come on! What sort of self-loving, narcissistic God demand faith from a person so violently and even goes to such ridiculous extents, killing off even the ones that do believe in them in the process???

That explosion was magnificent tho. Also RIP Grantz for now (If he does survive that blast, we'll see if his magic saves him from the fall too).

And now, Tanya my dear, devour those maggots.
xD
Jul 29, 2017 9:12 AM

May 2016
Looking at Tanya worriedly asking the others about the plan going as planned and looking all happy-crazy when she heard what she wanted to hear made me chuckle. The generals surely silenced the other departments lol

Just when that Republican managed to light his match, he blew up in a gigantic cloud of EXPLOOOSIOOON lmao. If only the Colonel didn't survive through Being X's ego and amplified his abilities to enhance his rounds, the Empire could've won already.

I hope Grantz didn't die... He was so adorable with Serebryakova especially after that sleep-fighting bit at the end ;-;
Kajo_Senpai69Jul 29, 2017 9:16 AM

Aug 10, 2017 2:39 AM

Mar 2015
Awww shit it's getting real now!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

175 by Phixiately »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

186 by Phixiately »»
Apr 16, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2017

141 by Phixiately »»
Apr 15, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

290 by suyumanda »»
Apr 10, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

312 by Phixiately »»
Apr 10, 8:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.