Forum Settings
Forums

Characters that you hate but other people love?

New
Mar 19, 2017 3:23 AM

Feb 2017
^ what characters do you dislike or hate but others love?

Taiga from Toradora is so abusive and irritating
strawberrycheeksMay 31, 2017 3:01 AM

☆°•*.`•艾门°*.`•°☆
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2017 3:24 AM

Mar 2017
Yuno Gasai..?

"I hate painful things. I also hate scary things. Surely, those people too... whether its pain or scary things, I think they... don't want it too."

~ Yoshino
(Date A live)
Mar 19, 2017 3:28 AM

Nov 2016
Kamina.. Not a fan of the Kamina x Yoko ship.

EDIT: I don't mind Kamina now once I found out what his character was really about
Pixel_VapourDec 1, 2017 6:10 AM
Mar 19, 2017 3:29 AM

Dec 2015
Rem from re:zero. Nothing really special about the character.
Mar 19, 2017 3:31 AM
Mar 2017
Usagi Tsukino

A.k.a Sailor Moon

She Is so annoying to me
Mar 19, 2017 3:37 AM

Feb 2016
Every waifu-bait self-projecting harem MC like Kirito and Subaru.

Everyone from Mawaru Penguindrum and FLCL. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 19, 2017 3:38 AM

Jul 2013
If we talk about characters everyones loves but I dislike, the first examples who comes to my mind are Karma Akabane and Kaneki Ken.
Mar 19, 2017 3:41 AM

Jun 2016
All Hestia did was be as annoying as possible, and try her very best to ruin everything. Bell X Aize pls.
Mar 19, 2017 3:42 AM

Nov 2016
ThatEvaFag said:
agree with you I don´t see reason why everybody loves her
Mar 19, 2017 3:43 AM

Aug 2015
asdfghjkl;'qwertyuiop

Naruto I think
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Mar 19, 2017 3:44 AM

Mar 2015
Iroha Isshiki from Oregairu comes to mind.
Mar 19, 2017 3:45 AM
Meh

Apr 2016
Togame from Katanagatari.

I noticed that many people like this character but me personally, I can't stand her.

Mar 19, 2017 3:45 AM

Jul 2015
every popular tsundere like taiga/erina/louise/haruhi/asuka/kaori ...
they are annoying as hell
tragedydesuMar 19, 2017 3:51 AM
Mar 19, 2017 3:47 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Kuroneko. I found her to be one of the most gratingly obnoxious characters to watch across any medium I've looked into. There are characters I dislike more; Masuzu from OreShura and Haruhi from...well, Haruhi - but I barely see anybody talk about the former, and the latter is somebody that I know there are people who really dislike the her, even she's still one that can be called popular.

Kuroneko seems to be rather beloved with very few detractors, but she just reminds me of the kind of person I hate dealing with the most - over-values their own intellect, commanding and forceful to those around them but not inspiring or somebody I'd want to listen to in spite of that, I don't find her particularly cute and she barely ever makes me laugh. It's a case of little annoyances like that piling up as the series went on as opposed to a couple of big incidents that would make me rage and caps lock about how much I hate her.

Smart, but not as smart as she thinks she is. Demanding, but not inspiring or particularly worth listening to. She's basically the type of anime fan I hate the most - when Kyousuke read her story that one time, it used overly complex language in a show-boaty way and hindered communication, but she's a good writer and not some dumb kid who just uses big words to make herself seem smarter.

She seems like the type who would say "Damn, anime sucks now, it's just an onslaught of moeshit and not the deep narratives and complex characterizations that made me fall in love with it. Whatever happened to stuff like [Action anime], [Action anime], and [Action anime]?" She would by the typewrite reviews and pass herself off as a critic, but often times she'd just be using a quantity of vague literary terms and just applying them to what she liked and disliked without really expanding on them past that application, but god forbid anybody criticize her reviews or outlooks - because after all, being a critic to most people means that you can criticize whatever you want but the act of criticizing something regardless of what it is should never be criticized itself - they themselves are the only thing absolved from criticism, and I think she would bite on that hardcore. And because of all of that, both how she acted in series and how I could very easily see her acting in the setting of reality, I despise her.
ManabanMar 19, 2017 4:03 AM

Mar 19, 2017 3:50 AM

Feb 2016
your lie in april's kaori and her friend. Orange's kakeru and naho
Mar 19, 2017 3:53 AM

Mar 2017
Yuno Gasai, Light Yagami, Rem, Mayuri Shiina
Mar 19, 2017 3:59 AM

Mar 2016
For female character it would be Shiina Mashiro from Sakurasou no pet na kanojo because she can't do anything by herself and she seems emotionless.

ThatEvaFag said:
I agree with you and I didn't hate her.I just didn't really care about her.

For male character it would be Orihara Izaya because I didn't like anti-hero characters in general and he seems annoying for me.

And Light Yagami also included because what he's doing are all wrong.

Also Kou from Ao haru ride because he acts cold and mean at first then he acts kind later on.
fujiwara_ayanoMar 19, 2017 4:05 AM
Forum set made by Sereshay

Mar 19, 2017 4:02 AM

Oct 2014
Rem, from re:zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu
Mar 19, 2017 4:11 AM

Nov 2016
Akutagawa from Bungo Stray Dogs

Most fangirls love him and here I am like wtf with this possessive fuckboy
Mar 19, 2017 4:26 AM
Dec 2013
Mahiru Inami from Working. Hate how half the show revolves around her androphobia, I don't find her cute, and I don't like her character design at all. I think the show would've been better without her.
Mar 19, 2017 4:37 AM

Jan 2013
Honma Meiko from AnoHana was annoying and cringeworthy as hell.
Mar 19, 2017 5:28 AM

Nov 2015
Nui Harime from Kill la Kill, I've always disliked characters like that : untouchable, almost flawless and overpowered.

I also really dislike tsun/yandere characters as well, most of them feel so... bland
Salty meme woman and Touhou enthusiast.
Don't hesitate to correct my posts, my english skills aren't the best.
Mar 19, 2017 5:30 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty much everyone in Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Mar 19, 2017 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
That whore Senjougahara from Monogatari
That blonde whore Kaori from your lie in april
That whore louise from zero no tsukaima

Holo from spice and wolf is also boring and annoying at times.
Mar 19, 2017 5:37 AM

May 2016
ThatEvaFag said:
I tottally agree, she starts with a good foot but later is just a i-have-to-do-everything-for-my-darling...
Mar 19, 2017 5:43 AM

Mar 2017
Levi from Shingeki no kyojin
Naruto
Mar 19, 2017 5:44 AM

Oct 2014
tragedydesu said:

Preach it man, you can't go wrong with this
Mar 19, 2017 5:46 AM

Jan 2017
Everyone from Steins Gate and everyone from Gurren Lagann

May 2015
Aquamirror said:
Then why do you have Okabe in your favourites? Same thing as Subaru and Kirito.

As for Mawaru Penguindrum, they are very annoying at the start, it gets better later on... kinda...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 2014
Fucking Kirino from Oreimo and Umaru from Himouto! Legit scares me that people are proud to identify with them.
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1) If Evangelion and Psycho-Pass are his only 10s, he probably also worships Tool and smells like cheesy puffs 2) Freudian psychosis =/= good writing 3) Moe blob art style is only ok in pure slice-of-life comedy 4) It's ok to enjoy shounen. Having fun is allowed 5) It is not ok to enjoy isekai (jk, it is, I just fucking hate it) 6) Creator breakdown =/= good writing 7) A story does not have to be wrapped up with a bow. Life is messy, why would a good story need to be tidy? 8) InuYasha is proto-Twilight 9) Ecchi CAN be good, but is almost always an abomination 10) If God is real, They allowed Super Kid to happen, so fuck Them

Mar 2017
I am talking in reference with MAL's top 50 characters so:
Light Yagami
Kirito
Yuno
Kaneki

And pretty much that. The rest: If I watched their show then I like them otherwise I don't give a damn.
Mar 19, 2017 5:51 AM

Jun 2014
NotAPeanut said:
Pretty much everyone in Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Here here, also scares me how many people identify with Shinji or Asuka. There's being depressed, and there's being an unbearable broken narcissist in show that basically says "that's the way to be, everyone else is a sheep".
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1) If Evangelion and Psycho-Pass are his only 10s, he probably also worships Tool and smells like cheesy puffs 2) Freudian psychosis =/= good writing 3) Moe blob art style is only ok in pure slice-of-life comedy 4) It's ok to enjoy shounen. Having fun is allowed 5) It is not ok to enjoy isekai (jk, it is, I just fucking hate it) 6) Creator breakdown =/= good writing 7) A story does not have to be wrapped up with a bow. Life is messy, why would a good story need to be tidy? 8) InuYasha is proto-Twilight 9) Ecchi CAN be good, but is almost always an abomination 10) If God is real, They allowed Super Kid to happen, so fuck Them
Mar 19, 2017 5:51 AM

Aug 2015
Fucking Lelouche...
and Kaneki because he's a whiny bitch.
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Mar 19, 2017 5:53 AM

May 2015
Makishima from psycho pass, too edgy for what the show wanted to be about.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2017 5:56 AM

Jan 2014
Foxyclaws said:

Honestly though, how did Levi contribute to the plot in any way? The guy has so many fans and I'm struggling to remember a single thing he did.
Mar 19, 2017 5:58 AM

Jun 2014
tragedydesu said:

Louise is especially cancerous, but these are all pretty choice picks.
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
Mar 19, 2017 5:59 AM

May 2015
NotAPeanut said:
Foxyclaws said:

Honestly though, how did Levi contribute to the plot in any way? The guy has so many fans and I'm struggling to remember a single thing he did.
He cleaned up the castle/mason or something like that.
Mar 19, 2017 5:59 AM

Jun 2014
Foxyclaws said:
Naruto

I don't hate him, he's just like a non-entity. It baffles me that people like REALLY care about the characters in AoT.
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
Mar 19, 2017 6:02 AM

Jan 2014
zal said:
NotAPeanut said:

I can remember two things about Levi: He was strict about cleaning (quirky points, I guess?) and he kicked Eren in the face once (which I very much appreciated )
Mar 19, 2017 6:04 AM

Jan 2014
bastard_of_young said:
Foxyclaws said:
Naruto

I don't hate him, he's just like a non-entity. It baffles me that people like REALLY care about the characters in AoT.

People die so quickly in AoT that I don't bother connecting to any single character. It's almost comical, really.
Mar 19, 2017 6:08 AM

Dec 2015
Lelouch. It is a shame on every mal user that he sit at top of th character ranking. He is in many ways one of the biggest retard out there. There ae many reasons for it, one of which is:
Lelouch hated his father for only looking after his own interests without regard for others. By treating others as pawns and only caring about his own interest (in form of his revenge and people he care about), he is no better than his father. Since he cant even understand that, he is a huge moron
Mar 19, 2017 6:11 AM

Nov 2012
Search button, use it.

zal said:
Aquamirror said:

As for Mawaru Penguindrum, they are very annoying at the start, it gets better later on... kinda...

He's a funny mad scientisto sonuvabitch chuunibyou who likes Dr. Pepper, that alone gives him more character than 99% of bland self-inserts.
Mar 19, 2017 6:16 AM

May 2015
NotAPeanut said:
zal said:

I can remember two things about Levi: He was strict about cleaning (quirky points, I guess?) and he kicked Eren in the face once (which I very much appreciated )
I found the kicking quite forced.

NotAPeanut said:
bastard_of_young said:

People die so quickly in AoT that I don't bother connecting to any single character. It's almost comical, really.
Oh yeah true but at the same time his inner circle of friends is fine.

SuperRed said:
zal said:

He's a funny mad scientisto sonuvabitch chuunibyou who likes Dr. Pepper, that alone gives him more character than 99% of bland self-inserts.
Ehhh... No.
Mar 19, 2017 6:19 AM

Dec 2015
Okabe Rintarou, not because all that melancholy cause that part not really gotten into me.. but ya he is "stupid" imo...

1. He claimed to be a scientist but imo, he is too stupid to be a scientist since he takes forever to figure out things that is obvious
2. He claimed to be a mad scientist, is there any mad scientist who care about others that much? since for me mad scientist is like genius but evil at the same time..
3. If is he is only pretending to be one then.. he is not even interesting for me...

*those SG fans eyes glareeeeeee on meeeeee...

thirtycharacterlimitationruleok?thankyou
EufieMar 19, 2017 6:43 AM
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Mar 19, 2017 6:20 AM

Feb 2016
zal said:
Aquamirror said:

At least he is funny and shows some kind of progress and he isn't an unstoppable pimp. x) I feel he is more grounded in 0.

Yeah, I see they are getting slightly less annoying now, but definitely not the kind of anime I like.
Mar 19, 2017 6:21 AM

Dec 2015
SuperRed said:

zal said:

^this. He is one of the most unique take on 'mad scientist' out there
Mar 19, 2017 6:24 AM

Sep 2015
People favouriting Light Yagami makes me worry about their mental health because he is an absolute shit stain.
Mar 19, 2017 6:26 AM

Jan 2014
zal said:
NotAPeanut said:

I'll take your word on that one. Even though I read most of the manga just a few months ago, I already forgot the majority of the story. I could never get into AoT as much as everyone else did. I just remember hating Eren with a burning passion and wanting him to get kicked in the teeth. Christmas came early for me then.
Mar 19, 2017 6:26 AM

May 2015
Aquamirror said:
zal said:

At least he is funny and shows some kind of progress and he isn't an unstoppable pimp. x) I feel he is more grounded in 0.

Yeah, I see they are getting slightly less annoying now, but definitely not the kind of anime I like.
I didn't found him funny. Ridiculous? Yes. Funny? No. And the same thing can be said for those bland characters that you hate. Many people found Subaru or even Kirito funny.

And you are probably deliberately ignoring that even them have some kind of progress.

Not unstoppable? Just this: Reading Steiner.

0 was boring.

Not sure about that, you liked Madoka so there's a slight chance. It goes a way that you probably wouldn't expect now.

NotAPeanut said:
zal said:

I'll take your word on that one. Even though I read most of the manga just a few months ago, I already forgot the majority of the story. I could never get into AoT as much as everyone else did. I just remember hating Eren with a burning passion and wanting him to get kicked in the teeth. Christmas came early for me then.
However he managed to provoke a reaction from you, I find that way better than coming off as generic like he seemed to me.

For example in Monster there are 2 characters which I hate as persons but at the same time I realized that I appreciate them as characters for managing to make me involved so much that they provoked a reaction from me.
zalMar 19, 2017 6:32 AM
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Your top 5 anime couples

Anjumhossain - Dec 12, 2022

41 by Otakupervert890 »»
46 seconds ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - Yesterday

44 by Shirayukin »»
6 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

105 by mo_lave »»
10 minutes ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - 54 minutes ago

4 by ryokoblue »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » How important is the art style for you

nishant0 - Apr 11

41 by SnipeStrike »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.