Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'UQ Holder' Announced for Fall 2017

New
Mar 17, 2017 8:56 PM

Nov 2007
The official website for previously announced anime adaptation of UQ Holder! has announced staff members for the upcoming series. Titled UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2, the anime is slated for Fall 2017. The protagonist, Touta Konoe, will be voiced by Yuka Takakura (Urara Meirochou).

Synopsis
Negi Springfield, the boy wizard of the hit manga Negima!, fought and won many battles. Now it is decades later and Negi's grandson(!), a little boy named Touta, dreams of leaving his quiet village and heading to the City. But first he must defeat his teacher… the immortal vampire, Evangeline! Witness the dramatic beginning of a futuristic battle fantasy (Source: Kodansha Comics, edited)

Staff
Director: Yousuke Suzuki (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.)
Series Composition: Ken Akamatsu (Original Creator), Shogo Yasutagawa (Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin)
Character Design: Masahiro Fujii (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
Production: Egg Firm
Studio: J.C.Staff

UQ Holder is drawn by Ken Akamatsu, and began its serialization in August 2013 in Weekly Shounen Magazine before transferring to Bessatsu Shounen Magazine in October 2016. The series currently has 12 volumes in print, with the 13th volume scheduled for April 9. The manga has been published in English by Kodansha Comics USA since March 2014. An OVA has also been planned for release this year.

Official site: http://uqholder.jp/
Official Twitter: @UQHOLDER_anime

Source: Comic Natalie
tsubasaloverMar 18, 2017 12:53 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 17, 2017 8:57 PM

Apr 2014
So UQ Holder turned out to be JC Staff and not Shaft. Kinda relieved, this gives us hope for Kino no Tabi. Dont let me go 0/2. But JC Staff is a great studio anyways and we have JC in house staff so its not going to be those throwaway shows.
Mar 17, 2017 9:06 PM

May 2015
Read some manga excited for this

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Mar 17, 2017 9:06 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Im going to be that idiot who usually ask this question this time :

Do i need to watch/read Negima before watching this ?
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 17, 2017 9:07 PM

May 2015
DatRandomDude said:

i read the manga directly for few chapters and I had no problem

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Mar 17, 2017 9:10 PM

Mar 2012
And the best possible choice for studio have been chosen.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 17, 2017 9:20 PM

Jul 2015
I wonder if people who hasn't read the original series will understand the anime?
Sup...
Mar 17, 2017 9:21 PM

Mar 2015
DatRandomDude said:

in early series? not really... however, it become more and more important later on, even become main plot... so reading the manga (just ignore anime alltogether IMHO) is really recomended.. but if you really didn't give a damn about plot and previous series character, you can go stright away since in the end, the main POV is still new character and it keep retelled that way...

anyways, the studio pick is plesent surprise... thou it mean unlikely to be long run (just hope seasonal break)...

but still... can't expect much tho after betrayed 2 times...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 17, 2017 9:28 PM

Aug 2008
Is there any relationship with the original Negima?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 17, 2017 9:37 PM

Mar 2017
I'm excited for it to be animated after reading all the current chapters in the manga. I don't think anything seemed out of place without watching the other ones.

"๐“•๐“ธ๐“ป ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ,
๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ธ
๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต
๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฝ ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ."
๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ | ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ
Mar 17, 2017 9:42 PM

May 2012
Zapredon said:

Takes place in the same universe, also pretty much a sequel to Negima but with different main characters this time around, though many previous characters will make appearances later in UQ Holder's story. Takes place a bit over 70 years after the events of Negima(manga), iirc? If you consider starting Negima, I would recommend reading the manga over watching the TV anime seasons since they kinda do their own thing partway through.

Mar 17, 2017 9:46 PM

Jul 2015
Olem said:
Zapredon said:

Takes place in the same universe, also pretty much a sequel to Negima but with different main characters this time around, though many previous characters will make appearances later in UQ Holder's story. Takes place a bit over 70 years after the events of Negima(manga), iirc? If you consider starting Negima, I would recommend reading the manga over watching the TV anime seasons since they kinda do their own thing partway through.
So it's kinda like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure with the generation thing?
Sup...
Mar 17, 2017 9:51 PM

May 2012
SenpaiJay98 said:

Sorry, I haven't read or watched Jojo so I can't say much there

Mar 17, 2017 9:55 PM

Aug 2008
Olem said:
Zapredon said:

I did read the original Negima manga before. Didn't know there's sequel. Btw, who did Negi ended up in the end again? I don't think they show it in the original manga. Can't remember.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 17, 2017 9:57 PM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
I so cannot wait! about time they give an announcement.
Mar 17, 2017 10:01 PM

Jan 2008
I'm actually gonna miss Shaft, the fight scenes they did for the OVA's were real nice. I like JC but I don't really have much knowledge of their action based adaptions. Index and Shana being the only 2 that come straight to mind and I hope UQ is nothing like their style as nice as some scenes were in Railgun, UQ/Negima fight scenes should be far more fast pace.

And too the people asking, having knowledge of the Negima series is pretty important to the series. It might seem alright for the few early bits but once the series starts rolling, references, characters, and key points from Negima will be thrown into the fray leaving you clueless what importance they hold, characters being a big point as several key and main characters are from Negima.
Mar 17, 2017 10:05 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I barely even read mangas and if the Negima animes isnt following the manga, well, f thats an easy skip for me.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 17, 2017 10:10 PM

May 2012
Zapredon said:

I did read the original Negima manga before. Didn't know there's sequel. Btw, who did Negi ended up in the end again? I don't think they show it in the original manga. Can't remember.

Tried checking beforehand but your list's private, sorry :P

Hmm... Don't think they ever said in Negima. Even in UQ Holder up to the current chapter, there's been no clear answer as to who he ended up with. I'm just assuming that'll be explained later, hopefully lol

Mar 17, 2017 10:28 PM

Jun 2014
Olem said:
Zapredon said:

Hmm... Don't think they ever said in Negima. Even in UQ Holder up to the current chapter, there's been no clear answer as to who he ended up with. I'm just assuming that'll be explained later, hopefully lol

It looks more like another timeline from the ending of negima so I think Negi ended with no one..
Mar 17, 2017 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
Whoa! This blasted meeeee off!!! why??? its obious! FALL 2017 is rocking with ONLY so many exciting Anime!!!!! I AM EXTRA HYPE for this!!!!

btw i red first few chapter of this long time back and hell yeah it was really entertaining, cant wait to read some more chapter before i see the anime pv.

BTW, guys who read manga upto latest chapter, how many episode can we expect? I think it should NOT to be less than 24.
Mar 17, 2017 11:09 PM

Jan 2008
SkyDrop said:
BTW, guys who read manga upto latest chapter, how many episode can we expect? I think it should NOT to be less than 24.

2 cour would be nice and wouldn't be a surprise from JC. It should have enough material for at least 3-4 cours, with recent chapters becoming double the amount of pages since it turned into a monthly manga.

Though I feel like the anime won't do as good as I would like it too, since some people aren't gonna bother reading Negima. I'm sure there will be a lot who just go and watch UQ without bothering too.
Mar 17, 2017 11:17 PM
Jul 2018
Paul said:
SkyDrop said:

2 cour would be nice and wouldn't be a surprise from JC. It should have enough material for at least 3-4 cours, with recent chapters becoming double the amount of pages since it turned into a monthly manga.

Though I feel like the anime won't do as good as I would like it too, since some people aren't gonna bother reading Negima. I'm sure there will be a lot who just go and watch UQ without bothering too.

But I have belief that anime will do good! also this will attract people to read Negima just I might do as well! :P
Mar 18, 2017 12:18 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Think this kinda needs to be a 2-cour to be worthwhile. Takes quite a while before it really gets good tbh
Mar 18, 2017 12:48 AM

Nov 2011
I really hope this will be a 2 cour. A 1 cour adaptation would just be a waste of time.
Mar 18, 2017 1:08 AM

Mar 2015
Thai777 said:
Olem said:

It looks more like another timeline from the ending of negima so I think Negi ended with no one..

i put it on hold since tho because that sound bullshit excuse... was expecting the sequel would explain someting but author only keep teasing even add it to more drama that piss me off... i honestly waiting for anime to make sure i am continueing this or just drop it because anime usually easier to binge...

damn, it ended 5 years ago already... it make me surprised how many things i forgotton from this series.... i felt old...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 18, 2017 3:32 AM

Aug 2015
Kuma said:
Thai777 said:

i put it on hold since tho because that sound bullshit excuse... was expecting the sequel would explain someting but author only keep teasing even add it to more drama that piss me off... i honestly waiting for anime to make sure i am continueing this or just drop it because anime usually easier to binge...

damn, it ended 5 years ago already... it make me surprised how many things i forgotton from this series.... i felt old...
I dropped the manga when
takeover UQ holder as a whole completely overshadowing touta and UQ holder characters.Seems like author is very confused what does he want to do with UQ Holder as a whole.
Mar 18, 2017 3:44 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
SO EXCITED FOR THIS
KEN AKAMATSU'S MANGA ARE LIKE MY FAVORITES
too bad all their adaptions are trash...
I hope this doesn't get their treatments and get a shitty anime original story/ending.
The shaft OVA's for Negima were great, but both the main adaptions were trash.

No high hopes for the anime series, but excitement none the less... I would like a longer series though, and I do hope the action scenes are good.
Fights later in the series look great and have a great feel of epicness to it, I hope that goes well!
ZelotMar 18, 2017 3:48 AM
Mar 18, 2017 4:08 AM

Mar 2015
ultravigo said:
Kuma said:

I dropped the manga when
takeover UQ holder as a whole completely overshadowing touta and UQ holder characters.Seems like author is very confused what does he want to do with UQ Holder as a whole.

fuuuuck...
Mar 18, 2017 4:40 AM

Mar 2014
With Children of the Whales also airing during Fall and with how this key visual looks here, I think it's obvious which show JC Staff is putting more effort into.
Which is a shame because UQ Holder really needs some good animation for the fights it has. But we'll see.
I really doubt they'd do two 2 cours shows though.
Mar 18, 2017 7:25 AM
Jan 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
Olem said:

Yes
Mar 18, 2017 8:30 AM

Jun 2011
Wooot, this gets me hyped regardless even though I don't really like UQ Holder. Hopefully Mahou Sensei Negima gets a real chance at having a great anime adaptation.

Also hope that this would give action anime a real kickoff, I haven't really spotted any great action anime in a while.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 18, 2017 8:46 AM

Mar 2016
Just realised I haven't read the synopsis for UQ Holder, how old is Negi in this series xD I'll find that out once I get onto UQ Holder, guess I need to read Negima a bit more often.
Mar 18, 2017 11:32 AM
Nov 2014
I have one question, is this a harem?
Mar 18, 2017 11:34 AM

Sep 2012
Looks like a generic forgettable harem from the mid-2000s
Mar 18, 2017 1:04 PM
Jan 2017
HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After what they did with the Negima anime, I was sad, so hopefully this makes up for it.
Mar 19, 2017 12:51 AM

Jul 2016
Well Touta is voiced by Yuka Takakura in the anime, I was always through he will be voiced by Sลichirล Hoshi because his voice is suiting Touta's personality in my opinion, still hope Mrs. Takakura can did a good voice to him and the old cast's voice actor like Rina Satou can returned to voice Negi and others. Hoping Kuromaru was voiced by Yลซ Kobayashi (Setsuna's voice actor).

NanDemoNai_ said:
Just realised I haven't read the synopsis for UQ Holder, how old is Negi in this series xD I'll find that out once I get onto UQ Holder, guess I need to read Negima a bit more often.

Accelerator48 said:

Why are you care about the harem and fan-service stuff? Only in the later story have those kind of things, in the first three arc was just a action/shounen show.
MahiaErebeaNegiMar 19, 2017 12:56 AM
Mar 19, 2017 1:52 AM
Nov 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Well Touta is voiced by Yuka Takakura in the anime, I was always through he will be voiced by Sลichirล Hoshi because his voice is suiting Touta's personality in my opinion, still hope Mrs. Takakura can did a good voice to him and the old cast's voice actor like Rina Satou can returned to voice Negi and others. Hoping Kuromaru was voiced by Yลซ Kobayashi (Setsuna's voice actor).

NanDemoNai_ said:

Accelerator48 said:

Why are you care about the harem and fan-service stuff? Only in the later story have those kind of things, in the first three arc was just a action/shounen show.
if you didn't want to answer my question you shouldn't have replied at all.
Mar 19, 2017 4:14 AM

Jul 2016
Accelerator48 said:

Have you read my post fully? I already answered your question in my previous post but I want to ask why are you care about the harem stuff?
Mar 19, 2017 6:09 AM
Nov 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Accelerator48 said:

Have you read my post fully? I already answered your question in my previous post but I want to ask why are you care about the harem stuff?
I asked whether it was a harem or not I didn't say anything about the fanservice. Btw I hate harems I asked because in the picture the mc is surrounded by girls.
Mar 20, 2017 6:54 AM

Nov 2013
still waiting for a decent negima anime, one that follows the manga.....
Mar 20, 2017 7:08 AM

Mar 2015
Paul said:
I'm actually gonna miss Shaft, the fight scenes they did for the OVA's were real nice. I like JC but I don't really have much knowledge of their action based adaptions. Index and Shana being the only 2 that come straight to mind and I hope UQ is nothing like their style as nice as some scenes were in Railgun, UQ/Negima fight scenes should be far more fast pace.

as much as i dislike anime for the first 2, dungeon deai, taboo tattoo, and especially WCW action was LIT AF...
Mar 24, 2017 4:27 PM

Oct 2013
Something about the cover art that I just on't like. They look like the manga versions but they look so generic for some reason....i dont understand how though....

Manga:

Anime:

Its probably just me......
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Apr 2, 2017 10:13 PM
Jul 2014
If it's 2-cour and it adpat until around chapters 90-100 it should be fine, because after it's when the "fillers" started right? i dont remember and i kind of stop reading around chapter 120 bc of it

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
4 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

3 by Maumuu »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
10 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.