Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 16, 2017 2:04 PM

Oct 2011
Will wait for the day Season 3 us announced. Going to miss Konosuba
Mar 16, 2017 2:27 PM

Sep 2015
Season 2 started off average but it ended up pretty good.
Didn't realize it was the finale until I went to update my episode...
Mar 16, 2017 2:36 PM

Sep 2014
Good finale episode! Looking forward to a season 3 announcement.
Mar 16, 2017 3:26 PM

Jun 2012
"Thanks For Your Playing"

...lol
Mar 16, 2017 4:24 PM

Dec 2009
wat? that's it? come on.

this ep was really corny too DX
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 16, 2017 4:33 PM

May 2015
I don't know what it is about this anime but I love it, every episode made me laugh. A lot too. Another 8/10. Really hope there's a third season, "Thanks for playing" felt like a punch in the chest, surely there'll be another season. Surely.
Mar 16, 2017 5:14 PM

Dec 2008
mYmiLLenium said:

i hope you are wrong :D

I think you missed the point, I am not saying I don't want a 3rd season, just that the site you linked doesn't look reliable in any possible way, specially checking other news at it that are completely baseless.
Mar 16, 2017 6:03 PM

Jan 2011
ichii_1 said:
That quality :O
The slime demon army general was the the guy at the hot springs XD
Aqua fights for her followers and the gang pulls through with kazuma using his revival option XD

9/10 and awaiting season 3.

I must say for all it's stupidity and senselessness it finds itself to be more entertaining than the more "serious" isekai anime I have watch recently (I'm looking at you RE: Zero. And though very scarce the animation studio can pull off some amazing shots when they went to. Much more intriguing than the limited budget from the tales adaptation. Perhaps it's due to the scarcity I can appreciate it so much.
Mar 16, 2017 6:06 PM

Mar 2017
namedrisk said:
mYmiLLenium said:

i hope you are wrong :D

I think you missed the point, I am not saying I don't want a 3rd season, just that the site you linked doesn't look reliable in any possible way, specially checking other news at it that are completely baseless.

nah i got your point and i haven't even thought that you wouldn't be interested in a 3rd season. just wrote: "i hope you are wrong" << about the website :)
Mar 16, 2017 6:14 PM

Jul 2016
Loved it. There wasn't enough Megumin explosion this season :(

Mar 16, 2017 6:32 PM

Mar 2016
No!!!!!! The ending looked like to much a final ending.
Thanking everyone one for supporting the project.
I WANT A SEASON 3!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2017 6:42 PM

Aug 2014
That was great ending xD
Wiz is so Badass!!! The last fight is EPIC lol
Gonna miss this show (again).

Hopefully they announce season 3 asap.

PS : Aqua still best grill for me
Mar 16, 2017 6:45 PM
Mar 16, 2017 8:17 PM

Sep 2014
ONE PUNCH AQUA!!

Felt like I saw Saitama when Aqua used God Requiem!!
Mar 16, 2017 8:43 PM

Mar 2015
Kono Suba has been the best anime of this season.
The sword that takes life gives life
Mar 16, 2017 11:08 PM

Dec 2008
mYmiLLenium said:
nah i got your point and i haven't even thought that you wouldn't be interested in a 3rd season. just wrote: "i hope you are wrong" << about the website :)

As sad as it may sound I am not, at least not in particular with the news they made about the 3rd season at least up to this moment in time, which is non-existent. No credits, no source, hidden in shadows about who they are, its merely a money blog trying to get attention with fake stuff.
Mar 17, 2017 12:20 AM

Feb 2016
I don't know about you guys, but I felt absolutely HYPED when I watched that finale's fight scene.

I mean, we finally get to see how the group works when everyone is at their most competent, and mind you, this isn't one of those annoying competency switches made for the sake of convenience or for unfunny gags. This competency was already established, and we've seen that they could get things done if they just had a plan and went with it properly. The thing that makes this episode different from those before is that we finally get to see Aqua determined to succeed. We already know that Megumin gets her job done very well despite the limits of her power. We already know that Darkness acts incredibly noble and is a true crusader when she's not being perverted. We already know Wiz is one of the most powerful beings in the actual series (although it was incredibly awesome to see Wiz initiate the fight by announcing that the treaty has been broken and seeing her scarily seething with frightful power was absolutely and epic feeling). We always see Kazuma as the most competent person because he's the one calling the shots. However, we don't always see Aqua like this. Although we have seen Aqua do some useful things, she always does it in this "Do I have to?" manner or half-asses it. We've never actually seen Aqua do anything with pure genuine motivation to succeed until now. Now, we see Aqua desperately trying to save the followers she oh so cares about. I just couldn't help but cheer for her when I saw Aqua giving that slime those two last punches. I found myself disappointed when her followers still ended up getting angry at her in the end.

KonoSuba is not just a satire of isekai, even if it is a fairly good one. It's also a genuine story about characters still worthy enough to care about despite the many shortcomings we all love to laugh at. Despite all the perverted humor and over-the-top stupidity, the show still has a heart.

Of course, it was still goddamn awesome to see Wiz in all her badassery.
"There’s no point in the world. But isn’t that wonderful? Because if there isn’t one, then you can decide what it is for yourself."
~ Filicia Heideman, Sora no Woto

"Senpai...please grow up."
~ Fumi Manjoume, Aoi Hana

"I wonder what tomorrow will bring."
~ Yunocchi, Hidamari Sketch: Sae and Hiro's Graduation Arc

Mar 17, 2017 1:29 AM

Jul 2014
nobody expected Wiz would got mad...
Damn, looks like we know where the most budgets gone
I hope they'll make the 3rd season soon....

9/10, enjoy it so much..!!!
Mar 17, 2017 3:29 AM

Apr 2016
Was shocked after knowing this is the final episode.
Again 10 episodes to end a season.
I'm not satisfied coz I want more! :(
Mar 17, 2017 3:54 AM

Jul 2009
The whole onsen thing turned out into a big mess! But Aqua was amazing in the end! too bad they were all expelled of the city LOL
7/10
Mar 17, 2017 5:10 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:

That Kazuma death has to be his best death to the date.

TOP 10 ANIME DEATHS

Anyway, a quick rundown on the anime as a whole:
Really enjoyed it nonetheless, in spite of shitty animation on some eps.
Needs more character development for the side charas

Here's to hoping for a 3rd season.

8/10
Mar 17, 2017 5:29 AM

Sep 2015
A wholehearted honest 9/10. Those crazy cultist episodes were wickedly funny. Overflowing with smart satire KonoSuba is much more than just a comedy and a parody of isekai. LN adaptations are always a hit and miss, but whoever wrote the script for KonoSuba did a remarkable job. Let's hope we'll get another season of this awesomeness.

Mar 17, 2017 5:34 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
wow it over....i thought there were 12 eps why-why, the series that make me laugh every week... Q Q
Mar 17, 2017 5:38 AM

Aug 2012
The animation is really awesome on this one. Oh welp, I'm gonna miss the cast again.
Mar 17, 2017 5:59 AM
Sep 2016
Well now we know never to get Wiz angry, you won't like her when she's angry. Top-notch leadership skills from Kazuma, they might actually stand a chance against the demon king with two or more boss battles. And Woah, Aqua's cultists really know how to be asses, I actually feel bad for her now.
Mar 17, 2017 7:00 AM

Sep 2014
Really loved badass Wiz <3 , her Ice Prison was amazingly done. Feels like all the budget goes in there lol. not that I mind. Aqua's God Requiem was really great too!.

Skelly Kazuma visiting Eris lol.
Glad they're done with that crazy ass town.

Yunyun doesn't have to wait anymore finally!
My only regret is this season wasn't longer, hope they'll make a season 3 soon.
Mar 17, 2017 7:00 AM

Jul 2016
I seriously never thought this anime will show a great battle scene like that, and I love it. And why must it ended? I need more of this anime :(
Mar 17, 2017 7:44 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So the end of this hilariously funny series is sadly here
To think that Aqua would be on the end of a angry mob that is accusing her of being an enemy yet she is the one that the cult believes in. Ironic actually lol. Lol the Aqua impostor. Even after being hunted by the town's cult inhabitant its admirable that Aqua is still trying to save the town though. Hmm maybe the overseer is in fact the one poisoning the hot springs as he has the authority to enter areas that are restricted to the common cultists. Lol the guards guarding the towns source of Hot springs is actually not with the axis cult but with Eris's cult. Aqua's flattery did not go as planned lol. Hard to when the person on the other end thinks that you think his face looks like a lizards. Well blackmail did not work either lol. Hmm using Darkness's official position and title as a means to get through the gate eh. Now thats a novel method. Good thing that Megumin managed to see what Kazuma was intending to do. Lol the whole party wrestling Darkness down to get the pendant. Poor Wiz getting put on the spot though.
Well i guess in the end they managed to get past the gate but its interesting to see how Kazuma see's Darkness though. Does he see her as a part of the gang or a member of a famous family. But lol using that to calm her down while effective was kinda cruel on her. Hmm so the culprit was the guy that felt he was violated by the axis cult eh. Hmm so it seems that this guy has become a salesman that is trying hard to promote the advantages of the hot spring. So it seems that Wiz has seen this guy before eh.
So this guy is in fact a member of the Devils army eh. No wonder Wiz recognized him as she was once in the army as well. A deadly slime poison type eh. He's definitely the one poisoning the waster. Lol Wiz as daring as ever in asking the question directly. Well now that his identity is revealed Aqua and the others won't let you go that easily.

Wow first thing that Hans says after being revealed is accusing Wiz of slacking off. Guess they weren't close as Wiz thinks eh. Wiz is just so cute though when she's clueless. Aqua's looks serious when she's angry lol. The glowing eyes is a nice touch. Its nice to see Kazuma be considerate towards Wiz though as it can't be easy for her to fight against someone she knows. Kazuma's reaction as he realized that Hans is in fact a leader of the Devils army and not a mere slime. Should have listened to Wiz when she asked you to be cautious Kazuma lol. So Slimes in this world seem to be formidable foes instead of lv1 monsters like in other games. Lol Aqua can resurrect you as long as you weren't eaten lol. Well Kazuma what now since your thoughts on this being a easy win is now out of the window. Well i guess running was the best choice. Well their exit seems doomed now as they are now caught between the angry mob that wants Aqua's head and the slime who wants to kill you all. Caught between certain death eh. Aqua's reaction to seeing that no one cares about the Axis cult though lol. Wow Aqua is trying to get Hans to lose by forcing him to repent eh. Wow to think that Hans admission of eating the overseer who is a innocent person would make Wiz so angry. Then again Wiz cares a great deal about everyone despite being a former member of the devil kings army. So Hans causal words would of course make her angry. But man Wiz's magic certainly is strong. So the terms of her not intervening was that no civilians are killed eh. Well given that Hans just admitted to breaking that role Wiz's gloves are now off. Wow Wiz unchained really looks to be quite powerful. So Wiz was known as the ice witch back when she was in the army eh. I can certainly see why. Wow so that is Hans true form eh. He's larger than i expected for a slime. But as expected he certainly looks menacing. Seeing Aqua try so hard to protect the hot spring source though is surprising. She really cares a great deal about her cult eh despite what they did to her and her friends. Quite admirable actually. And its nice to see her cult finally believe her words and try and aid her in protecting the spring. Darkness getting pummeled despite saving the little girl though. Way to go to not being grateful. Lol Hans stealing while in that form. Guess even slimes have their own preferences eh.

Kazuma always comes up with the strangest tactics and only in the most direct of circumstances but this is one trait that i like about him. Megumin looking overjoyed at being able to shoot something lol. Hmm so Kazuma is the decoy that is supposed to be eaten while Aqua prepares to revive him and Wiz and Megumin freez and blow Hans up eh. A joint effort indeed. Man Wiz is so cool when she's in battle mode though. Good thing that she managed to freeze him before she ran out of magic though. Hand looks like a jellyfish when he's been reduced in size lol. But the final blow would of course fall to Aqua the goddess of the axis cult after all. The cults mantra though. Just like what Aqua believes in life eh. To think that such words would enhance their faith and also increase Aqua's power as well. Thats really something. Man way to go Aqua you did it.
But despite that it seems Aqua won't overboard and caused the hot springs to turn back to regular water and thus dooming the town. No wonder they got chased out of the town.
Guess that they have to take the regular route back since Wiz was affected by the purification as well. Man Kazuma getting back to Eris as bones since Aqua didn't revive him. But its nice that in the end they managed to make it back to town safely.
YunYun is still as cute as ever. Can't believe she's still waiting for Megumin to come back. She must have been coming to their house every day lol.
Its been a fun ride and This episode was equally funny and serious and ended the series on a high note ending the story arc nicely and bring the cast back to the hometown. I really hope that this series gets another season though as i really enjoyed the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2017 8:54 AM

Jul 2016

^Me and Aqua had the same reaction there ;-;
God, I love this show. Why does it have to end at 10 episodes? ...Sigh, I know I'm gonna miss it.
Guess I should read the LN now, I hear it's great.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Mar 17, 2017 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
I really hope s3 comes out :(. Best show i've seen in awhile.
Mar 17, 2017 11:20 AM
Oct 2007
I was laughing more, my jaws were dropping more at the animation and effect quality compared to the last so 8/10 for this season!
Mar 17, 2017 11:45 AM

Jan 2014
I really liked season 1 and gave it a 8/10, not so much season 2.
6/10 from me, in the end it just got old, jokes fell flat and i just didn't care anymore for the show.
I watched ep 1-6 as they aired, but then i just put it on hold before finally being bored enough to finish it today.
What a let down this season 2 has been!
Normally i don't care that much about animation quality but it was really bad character design/animation in season 2 i feel, to the point that i noticed it all the time and it bugged me while watching.
Mar 17, 2017 12:58 PM

Aug 2010
Wow even though Megumin is my fave girl i found new love for Wiz in this episode lol i hope they develop her background even further in the future adaptations cuz...come on we love this crap so they oughta give it to us xD
Mar 17, 2017 1:03 PM

Mar 2016
I didn't think this would be the last episode.
Mar 17, 2017 1:34 PM

Aug 2015
Amazing finale. While this season wasn't as good as season 1, especially in the visual department (seriously MAL, .40 points higher? I guess that's just MAL being mal as usual), it was still a great ride.

I'm sure we'll get a season 3. What else is DEEN gonna do?
Mar 17, 2017 2:30 PM
Oct 2015
This episode here is why i love aqua so much a magnificent way to end the season. although it would have been nice to see her get appreciated for her efforts at least but well this is konosuba after all.
10/10 love to see a season three but im sceptical of it happening
Mar 17, 2017 5:15 PM

Feb 2009
only 10 eps? whaaa? nooo. is it just me, or did the animation for god requiem look absolutely fantastic!

Mar 17, 2017 8:02 PM
Oct 2015
god blow and god requiem was pure perfection this episode
Mar 17, 2017 8:34 PM
Dec 2016
So.... I was watching the finale, and at the start, I really didn't expect much, kinda like the first season finale, which didn't seem to be much of a finale, even though season 2 wasn't "announced" or at least planned until later. But this episode went deeper into characters like Aqua and Wiz. Aqua, even though the villagers were extremely annoying, and most people watching the epsiode wanted them to die, Aqua was stubborn, like always, and saved them. She actually acted like a godess in this episode for once. Wiz, she was a bit more explored as the "ice wizard" and we got to see her abilities. There was a mention of Wiz being more ruthless as a commander of the Devil King's Army, so that's a plus. The only thing is, when are we going to see Kazuma, and everyone else, fight the Devil King. Or not even that, just see what he looks like. Looks like we need to wait for season three...
(RIP Konosuba Season 3)
Mar 17, 2017 9:50 PM
Feb 2017
This is soooo good....i mean it has jokes,action,goofing around like that which makes it interesting..the masochist lalatina aka darkness,the goddess aqua,the explosion megumin,and finally kazuma a shut-in neet like me...... watch this...its pretty good
Mar 17, 2017 9:51 PM

Jul 2015
I liked this season... but, I felt it wasn't well directed, specially this episode.
Weird scene cuts, music was like just thrown in there and script wasn't near as well crafted as in first season. Yeah, this season gave more plot... but... well, whatever...

Wiz won lots of points though :3
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Mar 17, 2017 9:57 PM

Jan 2016
Well, I guess we know where Deen's budget for the season went!
Mar 18, 2017 12:42 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
Laionidas said:
Two roastes piggies from YunYun after all, yay!

Kazuma is starting to develop an Araragi like attitude towards his physical health. First he ceases to be impressed or shock when he dies, and now he's allready using his ability to die (and be resurrected) as a tool in battle.
I mean, if you are a loser in a world where everyone is mad and nearly everything can kill you, you gotta have to take advantage of all your resources... as painful as they may be.

Except that Kazuma isn't such a fool to bank on someone like Aqua to resurrect him. Deen changed the script to make it suitable in anime form.

In the LN the plan wasn't so messed up and relied more in Wiz. Kazuma is not the kind of man who would kill himself in a plan. He is willing to die for the sake of another person, but only if he doesn't have a plan.
He lured the slime by throwing the buns one by one instead of using his own body as a bait.
He made Wyz to cast her freezing magic at the same time that Megumin did it to avoid spreading the poison too much. To make the freezing more effective, he let Wyz to suck his mana as much as she could without killing him, that's why she managed to freeze him.
Aqua would purify the entire spring in order to clean the poison that Wyz wasn't able to freeze.
At the end, Aqua purified too much to the point that the spring turned into normal water.

Also, the ending played out differently for Aqua and Deen didn't adapt the hilarious Hans scene where Kazuma was badass showing his snipe skills. Pity that this won't get a s3 since the following vol are far more hilarious
Mar 18, 2017 2:01 AM

Jun 2014
Another fantastic season, give me a season 3 please.
:3
Mar 18, 2017 2:24 AM

May 2014
I already felt empty since a few days by finish Gin no Saji... Now this.

Great ending for a good serie. From my perspective, both seasons are absolutely the same, the series didn't innovate in anything except one or another quite outstanding scene (including this end), but also didn't have some downfall. It's exactly the same. So both seasons get the same score.

Anyway, now only wait for a third season.
Mar 18, 2017 2:48 AM

Jul 2013
Frostbytes said:
Illyricus said:
I mean, if you are a loser in a world where everyone is mad and nearly everything can kill you, you gotta have to take advantage of all your resources... as painful as they may be.

Except that Kazuma isn't such a fool to bank on someone like Aqua to resurrect him. Deen changed the script to make it suitable in anime form.

In the LN the plan wasn't so messed up and relied more in Wiz. Kazuma is not the kind of man who would kill himself in a plan. He is willing to die for the sake of another person, but only if he doesn't have a plan.
He lured the slime by throwing the buns one by one instead of using his own body as a bait.
He made Wyz to cast her freezing magic at the same time that Megumin did it to avoid spreading the poison too much. To make the freezing more effective, he let Wyz to suck his mana as much as she could without killing him, that's why she managed to freeze him.
Aqua would purify the entire spring in order to clean the poison that Wyz wasn't able to freeze.
At the end, Aqua purified too much to the point that the spring turned into normal water.

Also, the ending played out differently for Aqua and Deen didn't adapt the hilarious Hans scene where Kazuma was badass showing his snipe skills. Pity that this won't get a s3 since the following vol are far more hilarious
So, basically they made Kazuma a wimp in this, isn't?

It's unfortunate they toned down his awesomeness, but I admit it was funny seeing him dissolved xD
Mar 18, 2017 3:26 AM
Nov 2016
And so the second season ends...... Overall, I really liked it.....

Guess we'll have to wait for another season :)...

Here's to hoping it will happen ...
Mar 18, 2017 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
Frostbytes said:

It's unfortunate they toned down his awesomeness, but I admit it was funny seeing him dissolved xD

Kinda yes, but Deen did it like this here due to more comedic effect. We all know Kazuma is the actual useful guy of the gang but still.

They also skipped this hilarious badass scene

When Wiz froze his hand, Hans cut it off and chucked it towards the hot spring with the intent to poison it. Kazuma just casually Sniped it away. Then Hans started throwing more body parts and Kazuma, receiving a luck buff from Aqua, Sniped all of them like a badass. Even Hans was freaking out about his accuracy.
Then Hans does it once more, and Aqua is completely relaxed and and tells Kazuma to take care of it with a smile, but the body part splashes into the water and poisons it.
Kazuma: "...I ran out of arrows."

Deen did a good job no doubt about that but more people should read the LN, it's far more hilarious due to the author's writing style.
Mar 18, 2017 3:30 AM

Jan 2017
The final battle is so epic and great. I think Wiz used magic to defeat Demon King (Hans) is so great. Overall, I really enjoy this season which rated 11 out of 10 scores for me. I can't wait the 3rd Season.
Mar 18, 2017 6:25 AM

Jul 2013
Frostbytes said:
Illyricus said:

Kinda yes, but Deen did it like this here due to more comedic effect. We all know Kazuma is the actual useful guy of the gang but still.

They also skipped this hilarious badass scene

When Wiz froze his hand, Hans cut it off and chucked it towards the hot spring with the intent to poison it. Kazuma just casually Sniped it away. Then Hans started throwing more body parts and Kazuma, receiving a luck buff from Aqua, Sniped all of them like a badass. Even Hans was freaking out about his accuracy.
Then Hans does it once more, and Aqua is completely relaxed and and tells Kazuma to take care of it with a smile, but the body part splashes into the water and poisons it.
Kazuma: "...I ran out of arrows."

Deen did a good job no doubt about that but more people should read the LN, it's far more hilarious due to the author's writing style.
That sounds incredibly badass for Kazuma, really.
While I'm overall happy with the anime version, I wouldn't had minded seeing this animated.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2017

233 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 17, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2017

223 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 16, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2017

171 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2017

188 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2017

174 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 5:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.