Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 15, 2017 6:30 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Surprisingly, comedy took a back seat to action this week! The animation looked really terrific, clearly the best the series has offered so far. Might as well spend the rest of the budget on the final epic fight.

I didn't see that guy being the final boss coming at all, I thought maybe he'd help them fight back against the cult or something.

Speaking of the cult, it sucks that Aqua wasn't able to convince them that she was their goddess.

That fight was excellent though. Kazuma is still kicking ass and taking names (even though he had to die to do it). Awesome to see Wiz go all out too, she's incredibly strong. Aqua stole the fight though, she was completely badass.

I absolutely hate to see this go, certainly one of the most consistently funny anime we've had in years. Despite having a few problems and a drop in art quality, it gets a well deserved 9/10.

I pray to the goddess Eris that a third season comes soon! Thanks for the memories you wacky-ass party.
Mar 15, 2017 6:48 PM
Jan 2017
This was a satisfying, if not perfect, ending for a comedy like Konosuba. Do we say the heroes win? Yes. Do we say victory comes with a hilarious price? Of course. There are funny and exciting moments to be had in this final episode, but the fact that the show still puts comedy ahead of plot development can leave a bad taste in newcomers. The heroes, as we have seen multiple times, are a bunch of misfits that clearly don't belong together and only stay together because no one else will. And for some reason, they are the only ones making a difference in this new world. Kazuma and his friends are definitely heroes in the weirdest sense of the word. Like many anime adapted from light novels, Konosuba ends with the door still open for many adventures and hopefully, a third season will come sooner rather than later.
Mar 15, 2017 6:58 PM
Jun 2010
Nuuuuu..... T_T

What about the letter... the letter... letter... sigh...

PS: Megumin's mom is the best! lol
Mar 15, 2017 7:19 PM
Mar 2017
Todd_ said:

Speaking of the cult, it sucks that Aqua wasn't able to convince them that she was their goddess.

I pray to the goddess Eris that a third season comes soon! Thanks for the memories you wacky-ass party.

Mar 15, 2017 7:23 PM

Apr 2014
Season dragged a bit at times for me but this was a great finale. The final action scenes are always surprisingly epic, great spell animations, too bad there's not more scenes like that.

Entertaining and funny season, but I must admit some of the jokes (and constant shouting) were starting to get a little bit stale to me by the midpoint of the season so if there's ever a 3rd season I hope they change things up more and have more plot advancement too. Overall gave it same score as last season, 8/10.
floater22Mar 15, 2017 7:40 PM
Mar 15, 2017 7:45 PM

Sep 2013
Loved this finale. Angry Wiz is probably the coolest thing to happen during the series. She's uber powerful as fuck.

It looks like they saved all their budget for Aqua's final attack and the final battle. Jesus, that was colorful as hell and looked pretty damn good. Not the greatest in terms of animation but it was much better than what we are used to seeing.

5/5- That final battle, Wiz and how Aqua still fucks things up was a perfect way to end this season.

9/10 for the season- I loved it much more than the 1st season as I thought this was far more entertaining than the last and the story progressed much faster than before. The new characters were entertaining and 2 leaders of the Devil King's army was defeated.

Mar 15, 2017 8:00 PM

Aug 2015
That ended well, though season 1 boss batlle was much better than this one, angry Wiz was badass.

6/10
Mar 15, 2017 8:17 PM
Jan 2017
Já acabou!!! Espero ansioso que tenha terceira temporada!!! Curtir muito, e adoro esse anime.
E mais um episodio!
Mar 15, 2017 8:53 PM

Nov 2011
I don't know why, but Kazuma's corpse had me rolling LOL.

Damn that slime was pretty tough. Overall a decent ending.

This season had a lack of Megumin which was disappointing but still a pretty hilarious season 2
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 15, 2017 8:55 PM

Dec 2014
Wow! What an epic final boss battle that was.
8/10. I definitely loved this series.
It pains me to know that a third season is just a dream right now.
BlancchetMar 15, 2017 9:05 PM
Mar 15, 2017 9:32 PM

Dec 2016
Thanks for another wonderful season.

I loved the part where Eris was looking at the skeleton of Kazuma.

I can't believe it's already over.

Hope there is more eventually.
Mar 15, 2017 9:36 PM

Aug 2013
8/10 was an enjoyable finish to the season 10 episodes is just not enough though

volume 5 was probably the best one so I can see them doing a S3 honestly thought they would just skip volume 4 completely and adapt it this season...
Mar 15, 2017 9:52 PM

Jun 2013
good to see they went all out with the animation on the last episode, and we finally got to see wiz serious and in action which gave me the goosebumps. i think if they focused on wiz more she could easily become a candidate for the best girl, but for now all we can do is wait for a season 3 announcement.

time to feel empty for the rest of the day
Mar 15, 2017 10:12 PM

Jul 2013
Highly underwhelming when compared to season 1. Nothing important happened, the story barely progressed, and worst of all the jokes had become extremely repetitive. At some point it just became a shouting match between Kazuma and the rest, which is not funny at all.

I had hoped there would be more Yunyun and Chris but no, they just had to focus on unfunny Aqua and Darkness' SM fetish. Even Megumin has an alarming lack of screen time this season.

While it's an okay watch on its own, it's very disappointing compared to the standard of season 1 6/10
Mar 15, 2017 10:31 PM

Aug 2013
MoeGod said:

I had hoped there would be more Yunyun and Chris but no, they just had to focus on unfunny Aqua and Darkness' SM fetish. Even Megumin has an alarming lack of screen time this season.

This is why I hope we get a season 3 as volume 5+6 focuses on them instead of Aqua and Darkness who are the weakest of the cast IMO
Mar 15, 2017 10:38 PM
Nov 2012
:( Aqua is pretty funny.
Mar 15, 2017 10:55 PM

Dec 2016
While I wasn't a huge fan of the first season, this one had me hooked from the get-go. It never failed to keep me laughing for 25 minutes straight and I always looked forward to the new episode every week. These characters have to be some of the most lovable idiots of all time.

I think it is safe to say that I will be very sad that I won't have any more episodes to look forward to now. Perhaps I will go back and rewatch season 1. Solid 10 this season, it was truly amazing. They really need to make more seasons. They got a whole world to explore and a devil king to beat!

I will leave my final words for the season here:
1) of course they got no thanks from the Axis people. Nothing ever goes 100% right xD
2) that dude with the red mohawk is really intriguing. He showed up again at the end. Something is up with him.
3) YAY YUNYUN GOT SOME LOVE!!! Pls Eris and Yunyun in party for season 3!!!
Mar 15, 2017 11:49 PM
Feb 2017
ultravigo said:
So what sacrifice should we make for a s3 announcement?

This episode's visual already blows the S3's budget.
Mar 16, 2017 12:25 AM

Dec 2008
mYmiLLenium said:
Loved this season, just like the first.

Anyhow, did i miss sth? Season 3 has been announced:
https://oxvo.info/kono-subarashii-season-3/
Quote: "Released tv anime series Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! season 3 scheduled, premiere of the new series will be held - January 12, 2018."

Or isn't it?

As much as I want a 3rd and hope its better than season 1, not season 2 which was sort of a let down compared, this website you posted sounds highly suspicious, with no foundation on its news or source credits.

They just look desperate to get views by adding random news of anime's that ended.

Even thought some information there might be valid to make it slightly more trustful, not having credits, or even authors information just scream's bs to me.
Mar 16, 2017 12:28 AM

Jun 2013
Man this ended way too quickly. Needs more episodes. That finale was something. Deen going all out with the visuals. Their explosions here were already top-notch anyway, but those God Blow and God Requeim punches were sugoi as well. The entire sequence starting with Kazuma luring Hans into his trap was sugoi. I was expecting some more time with Eris, but what time can she spend with a skeleton. And poor Aqua still got deemed as an imposter and wasn't thanked. In this show, I'm really not sure if I'm supposed to feel sorry for these scumbags or not. Aqua should have had something which could prove that she's a goddess. Oh well, serves those retarded followers right. No more hot springs for them.

Just like the first season, this one was pretty god damn hilarious. Loved this show. The visuals were more inconsistent than the prequel, but I didn't really mind it that much. They cut Kazuma off when he was saying that their journey's just beginning lol. Need more KonoSuba greatness.
Mar 16, 2017 1:19 AM

Feb 2016
This season was boring
Mar 16, 2017 1:30 AM
Feb 2012
Bring on season 3, will you?
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 16, 2017 1:33 AM

Sep 2014
counting the days until the april event
Mar 16, 2017 1:34 AM
May 2016
i really hoped they would extend it beyond 10 episodes, but that did not see to happen
Mar 16, 2017 1:35 AM

Oct 2016
Our true battle has only beg-
Mar 16, 2017 3:19 AM
Dec 2014
In the novels the Axis Cult is a lot more competent and a force to be reckoned with. They have a proper organization with proper structure and by the end of the arc the upper echelon of the cult discovers that the water purified by Aqua are ultra pure or something divine I think and they shifted their income to selling those water. Also they concluded that Aqua is the real goddess they worship but decided to keep it a secret because they think that she is in the world for a reason and they don't want to get in her way. Hans the Deadly Slime was sent to Alcanteria to "weaken" the Axis cult and destroy their income because a direct attack on Alcanteria will incur huge losses for the demon king.

and also. This wasn't in the novels I think?

"The Axis Cult can get things done. And because you can get things done, even if it doesn't go well, it's not your fault! It's society's fault that things don't work out! You can run away from unpleasant things! That doesn't mean you've lost! Because, as they say, 'Sometimes running away is winning!' The answer you come to after being in doubt is usually something you'll regret, no matter what you choose! If your going to regret it anyway, do whatever's easiest for you in the moment! Do not fear growing old! Not even God knows wether you will be happy in the future, so you should, at least, be happy now!"

Also seeing Wiz go full power makes me realize how powerful Aqua is. She's that powerful but Aqua can end her anytime she wants and Aqua is not even in full power (she mentions that she is weakened because she is in her mortal form).
Huex3Mar 16, 2017 3:24 AM
Mar 16, 2017 3:58 AM

Jun 2014
Gutted to see that this only had 10 episodes :<

Enjoyed the second season more than the first season! Looking foward and hoping to get a season 3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2017 4:13 AM

Jan 2013
The appearance of "Thanks for your playing" I already had bad feeling and it's true to the last second. Damn.
Mar 16, 2017 5:01 AM

Jul 2015
Slimes are much more deadly than I remember.

That was pretty dang epic and quite impressive. Everyone got their chance to shine this episode and in the end, they actually helped people kind of. Too bad they ruined the town in the process. They return home and the story ends there. At 10 episodes. Once again, this was awesome, and I enjoyed this greatly. 9/10 from me.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 16, 2017 5:16 AM

Jun 2013
damn it why only 10 episodes!! i hope there's another season but i doubt it
Mar 16, 2017 5:31 AM

Dec 2013
The conclusion and the encounter with the big bad was so cropped that it really didn't feel like a proper season ending, rather just the end of an episode instead. To end the season like this feels kinda unsatisfactory.

Mind you the season was alright. It just felt a bit abrupt at the end.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 16, 2017 6:18 AM

Nov 2012
There's quite a lot of changes made in this arc... probably to make it grander.

Oh well, 9/10.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Mar 16, 2017 6:39 AM

Apr 2016
but maaan, wiz was a badass in this episode
Mar 16, 2017 6:44 AM

Aug 2016
Like what the actual fuck. Wiz and Aqua op af

Set by SenpieX
Mar 16, 2017 7:25 AM

Jul 2014
Reasonable ending to what has been an exceptionally enjoyable second season. Once again though, I know I'm really going to miss these characters after a while, so I hope they announce a third season after the OVA later in the year.

As for whether this will be my AOTS or not, that entirely depends on how Scum's Wish goes in its final three episodes, to be honest.

9/10
Mar 16, 2017 8:38 AM

Apr 2016
Just remembering something...

Subaru's jump is higher though.
SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT!SPLAT! SPLAT!
Mar 16, 2017 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
Is this for real? 10 episodes only? This is too short to be called season!!! We need 3rd season ><
Mar 16, 2017 10:14 AM

Mar 2017
namedrisk said:
mYmiLLenium said:
Loved this season, just like the first.

Anyhow, did i miss sth? Season 3 has been announced:
https://oxvo.info/kono-subarashii-season-3/
Quote: "Released tv anime series Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! season 3 scheduled, premiere of the new series will be held - January 12, 2018."

Or isn't it?

As much as I want a 3rd and hope its better than season 1, not season 2 which was sort of a let down compared, this website you posted sounds highly suspicious, with no foundation on its news or source credits.

They just look desperate to get views by adding random news of anime's that ended.

Even thought some information there might be valid to make it slightly more trustful, not having credits, or even authors information just scream's bs to me.

i hope you are wrong :D
Mar 16, 2017 10:21 AM

Oct 2013

BEST SCENE EVER 10/10
"If you trip while running down a hallway, you will got nosebleed. If you trip in life, you cry" Minori Kushieda

"This world is merciless, and it's also beautiful" Mikasa Ackerman

"A lesson without pain is meaningless" Edward Elric
Mar 16, 2017 10:55 AM

Mar 2013
Nice finale.
Aqua and Wiz were cool af!

Also, Darkness's masochism is becoming such a recurring trait. Sometimes, the humor is funny but during other times, like in this finale, it ruins the mood and turns me off in all honesty. I like the girl best in anime but that masochist personality is a massive down point and is really hard to digest :c

The anime could've used some attention on side characters like Vanir and Yunyun tbh. I bet it'd been more entertaining than the usual haha.

Some questions tho-
1. What happened to the girl who was with that slime in the mixed bath? The way they talked seemed like she had a connection with him.
2. Shouldn't that massive explosion enough to blow off clothes and bones of Kazuma? But then again, Darkness endured that w/o dying and only her armor got destroyed. So just plot convenient?
3. What did the guy (the adventurer in the background) meant by when he said that Kazuma came back alive? Did he knew about something?

Overall, the season had a nice start, the dungeon episodes were definitely my favorite and the whole sequel gave attention to the best girl Darkness so I'm not least bit disappointed but somehow, I felt the final episodes were kinda boring and lacked the intensity compared to s1.
While I thoroughly enjoyed S2, I think S1 was better.
8/10

Hoping to see S3 soon.
Mar 16, 2017 11:00 AM

Nov 2016
Overall the second season was as enjoyable as the first, had some pretty good laughs.

I wouldn't mind a third season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 16, 2017 11:03 AM

Mar 2015
Pretty unspectacular ending but a good watch overall. Definitely funnier than season 1.
what
Mar 16, 2017 11:13 AM

Sep 2015
So is that it? How many LNs that aren't Monogatari get more than two series of anime? It's kind of frustrating if this was all we were going to get, they didn't make it a little longer. Though I'd have been OK with it, if they'd just revealed it would only be ten episodes earlier. Ugh that was kind of jarring and sad and unsatisfying. Now we'll never know if they beat the Demon King. Unless you read the LNs which I probably will. That's how they get you.

Well while this was definitely not finale material, it was a pretty good little episode. Like quite possibly my favorite of the season. As an Aqua fan I'm glad it wasn't overly cruel to her. It even gave her like chances to seem selfless with burning herself to save the hot springs. And pretty badass with that great and seriously over the top God Punch move at the end. Wiz was a total badass too with her crazy ice moves. And I got a big laugh out of Kazuma casually sacrificing himself to lead the monster into a trap. He kind of redeemed himself slightly for being like a little too scummy this season. Badass scenes for all, effective use of the OP. As a mid-cour finale this would have been stellar.

Instead all I can think about is how the story remains completely unresolved. Yun Yun was brought up this season and then they never did anything with her after that first episode. We never saw the Giant Turtle or flying cabbages promised in the OP and ED. We barely got any interactions just between the girls that wasn't them talking about Kazuma. But in all likelihood it's all over and we probably never will at least in anime form. I still give this like an 8/10. Made me laugh, fun animation especially with characters expressions. Had baffling and frustrating parts but was overall pretty solid. Would still watch a Konosuba 3 if there's a chance in hell. Or play that game.
Mar 16, 2017 11:20 AM

Mar 2014
Loved so much to watch Aqua in disgrace xD

The only sad thing of this episode is that there is not season 3 announced at the end :C
Mar 16, 2017 11:23 AM
Mar 2016
And that ends this 10 ep anime, and it's all GOOOOOOOD.
Mar 16, 2017 11:32 AM

Sep 2010
blackchannel said:

BEST SCENE EVER 10/10

10/10~
well hoping the 3rd season comes with better art.. or maybe the BD version will have fixes.. some of those face expressions were terrible till the end lol .-.
Mar 16, 2017 11:33 AM

Sep 2013
That quality :O
The slime demon army general was the the guy at the hot springs XD
Aqua fights for her followers and the gang pulls through with kazuma using his revival option XD

9/10 and awaiting season 3.
Mar 16, 2017 11:37 AM
Jan 2017
Hope there is going to be an season 3.
Mar 16, 2017 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
awesome anime
i had no idea that this was going to be the last episode tho :/

hoping for 3rd season
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2017

233 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 17, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2017

223 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 16, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2017

171 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2017

188 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2017

174 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 5:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.