Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (33) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 »
Feb 12, 2015 4:21 PM

Jan 2014
Prodigal_Enigma said:
Always good to see Based Goldie in an episode.

Cool episode. Shirou's projection magic is pretty dope. It's like he admires Archer or something. Speaking of Archer, Rin's pretty stupid for leaving him at home.

Man, she even states the reason for leaving him at home. And at the start of this same ep, he was suggesting an alliance with Caster. >.>
Just_ChickenFeb 12, 2015 4:31 PM
Feb 12, 2015 4:42 PM

Oct 2012
chickenonthepan said:
Prodigal_Enigma said:
Always good to see Based Goldie in an episode.

Cool episode. Shirou's projection magic is pretty dope. It's like he admires Archer or something. Speaking of Archer, Rin's pretty stupid for leaving him at home.

Man, she even states the reason for leaving him at home. And at the start of this same ep, he was suggesting an alliance with Caster. >.>

I know why she left him at home. I watched the episode. You can calm down acting as if a pleb such as myself has trouble following an episode I've just seen when the show isn't all that complicated.
Hoping I soak up enough game to play three systems with one controller
Feb 12, 2015 4:43 PM

Oct 2012
Aurioch said:
Prodigal_Enigma said:

I'm glad that you like the anime.
Just a question: did you figure out why did Rin left Archer at home? It's pretty necessary for the future events.

I already knew. This show isn't hard to follow.
Feb 12, 2015 4:50 PM

Oct 2014
Prodigal_Enigma said:
Aurioch said:

I'm glad that you like the anime.
Just a question: did you figure out why did Rin left Archer at home? It's pretty necessary for the future events.

I already knew. This show isn't hard to follow.

Well some people like to blame Rin when her reasons are justified and you did call her stupid :(
Feb 12, 2015 4:53 PM

Aug 2013
I wouldn't call it "stupid",but i think the point he's trying to make is that despite having her reasons if she had still taken Archer along,the confrontation with Caster and Kuzuki would have been totally different *shrugs*
Feb 12, 2015 4:56 PM

Oct 2012
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
I wouldn't call it "stupid",but i think the point he's trying to make is that despite having her reasons if she had still taken Archer along,the confrontation with Caster and Kuzuki would have been totally different *shrugs*

Nailed it.
Feb 12, 2015 4:59 PM

Jul 2007
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

Yes, Shirou would most likely accidentally get dead.
Feb 12, 2015 5:03 PM

Oct 2014
Most likely Saber would be fighting Caster due to magic resistance and Archer would be fighting teacher.

Teacher goes for Shirou, Archer doesn't stop teacher.

Plus they weren't expecting super man under that suit.

We've been constantly told that humans cannot match a servant, in Fate it was a big point.
nocorrasFeb 12, 2015 5:07 PM
Feb 12, 2015 5:03 PM

Aug 2013
Maybe.
Maybe not.
We'll never know,since it never happened.
nocorras said:

Feb 12, 2015 5:05 PM

Oct 2014
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
Maybe.
Maybe not.
nocorras said:

Feb 12, 2015 5:12 PM

Nov 2010
Well, you can't blame cat and monkey for thinking that dragon would be enough for taking out lizard and griffin.
They just didn't expect that lizard is actually Godzilla in disguise.

And my metaphor makes no sense what-so-ever...
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Feb 12, 2015 5:23 PM

Jul 2007
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
Maybe.
Maybe not.
nocorras said:

Feb 12, 2015 5:26 PM

Sep 2014
Well, you can't blame cat and monkey for thinking that dragon would be enough for taking out lizard and griffin.

QFT
Feb 12, 2015 5:27 PM

Jan 2014
Aurioch said:

And my metaphor makes no sense what-so-ever...
I like you already.
Feb 12, 2015 5:28 PM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
Maybe.
Maybe not.

Archer: Oh, I slip my dagger. Sorry dude.
Feb 12, 2015 5:30 PM

Sep 2014
~Its not murder if you don't mean it~~
Feb 12, 2015 5:41 PM

Jan 2014
Prodigal_Enigma said:
chickenonthepan said:

I know why she left him at home. I watched the episode. You can calm down acting as if a pleb such as myself has trouble following an episode I've just seen when the show isn't all that complicated.
Forgive me. I'm a Rinfag. I can't stand people talking bad about my girl. :3
Feb 12, 2015 5:48 PM

Sep 2013
chickenonthepan said:
Prodigal_Enigma said:

And yet you're so quick to condemn us Saberfags when we do the same

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2015 5:54 PM

Oct 2014
Mickdrew said:
chickenonthepan said:

And yet you're so quick to condemn us Saberfags when we do the same

:)
Feb 12, 2015 6:05 PM

Sep 2013
:PP

Speaking of Rin, it looks as though she'll soon overtake Kerry and Shiki for second most favorites for a TM character
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2015 12:55 AM

Jul 2014
overall it was a great episode with an awesome fight.

Raziel1991 said:
To be honest all that blue lightning on shirou looked dumb for me.

yup
Mar 7, 2015 1:09 AM

Feb 2009
Karin-Covenant said:
overall it was a great episode with an awesome fight.

Raziel1991 said:
To be honest all that blue lightning on shirou looked dumb for me.

yup

Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 12, 2015 4:52 PM

Aug 2009
Why, Shirou Emiya, that was a pleasant surprise.
Kickass teacher, that Kuzuki. I still despise Caster, though.
Something's up with Archer..
Blondie. Simple, humane clothes do not suit you. Bring back those spikes soon.
NOT ENOUGH LANCER! (AND ASSASSIN!)
Mar 12, 2015 4:58 PM

Sep 2014
k0k0 said:
you cannot fathom how much mysterious foreigner loves his jacket.
Mar 12, 2015 11:39 PM

Jul 2007
Maloghurst said:
k0k0 said:

It IS a very nice jacket. Very clean.
Mar 12, 2015 11:42 PM

May 2014
CookingPriest said:
Maloghurst said:

You could even say it's
Mar 12, 2015 11:51 PM

Sep 2013
WrongPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

You could even say it's

Gonna need some sunglasses to go with that moustache
Mar 16, 2015 8:42 PM

Dec 2013
I like Kuzuki as a master. He can also fight Saber on par, not sure if she was trying her best though since she was surprised.

Emiya new power was great, not sure how he was able to keep up with Kuzuki speed, but great fight none the less.

I'm so happy the old Archer is in the game, he makes this series much more fun for me.
Eh
Mar 16, 2015 8:45 PM

Oct 2014
She tried her best, she was just as you said surprised. The speed part is important
Jun 19, 2015 7:06 PM
Aug 2011
Lol, so that blond guy was their grandfather?

How did Shirou suddenly become a master of martial arts with projection magic though?
Jun 19, 2015 8:43 PM

May 2014
Adramelech said:
Lol, so that blond guy was their grandfather?

How did Shirou suddenly become a master of martial arts with projection magic though?

They don't bother explaining it so I'll just tell you lol

Jul 2, 2015 10:40 AM

Dec 2012
Wow, Kuzuki might as well return as a heroic spirit in the next grail war. Seriously a bad ass. I've been wondering what the deal with that red eyed blonde had been for a while, but I think it's finally clicked with the slave discussion.
Jul 24, 2015 2:02 AM

Mar 2012
Kuzuki was pretty badass :o
Aug 8, 2015 10:25 AM

Jul 2014
Shirou was pretty cool in this episode.
Sep 20, 2015 7:20 AM

Jan 2013
HELL YEAH, SHIRO!

That projection was even more awesome than in Fate route anime!
Yeah, you didn't make the same thing as last time, but that animation though!

And so soon! I wasn't expecting to see it this season or at least not until ep 12.

On another note: Why he could do that was a lot more understandable in deen version. Can't blame the people for complaining about "pulling swords out of his ass"
MasterQuestSep 20, 2015 7:24 AM
Sep 21, 2015 1:59 AM

Jul 2007
MasterQuest said:

On another note: Why he could do that was a lot more understandable in deen version. Can't blame the people for complaining about "pulling swords out of his ass"

Except that that show also had almost zero explanation.
Oct 6, 2015 6:09 AM

Jul 2015
Awesome episode
Dec 3, 2015 11:12 AM
Nov 2015
so this isn't shirou's first projection, right?
Dec 4, 2015 2:19 AM

Jul 2007
flameindustry said:
so this isn't shirou's first projection, right?

First successful weapon projection.
Otherwise no. But who cares, we shonen now. Its notlike this show tried to make anything look NOT like an asspull.
Apr 12, 2016 11:50 AM

Nov 2015
The episode was brutal. I was amazed.

He's not a magus, but even so the maintained a one to one fight against... No, he defeated Saber.
Of course, he took her by surprise, that gave him some leverage. Saber was left biting the dust.
I did not expect that at all...

It was not magic, right? The Saber class is supposed to be resistant to magic.

Regarding Shirou, I like him more in this route... While reading the Fate route I never stopped calling
him retard or idiot... or hating him. Now, he's kinda cool. At least I can respect him, I guess?
He's not with that BS of "You are a girl, you can't fight" with Saber or Rin either.
Yes, he still has a lot of shounen thing on top but he managed the thing good with the projection.
If you did not read the VN you may be a little bit lost on how he did that.

PD: Omg... Saber's face when she was being strangled... painful to watch.
Apr 14, 2016 1:46 AM

Jul 2007
HDarkmantis said:
The episode was brutal. I was amazed.

He's not a magus, but even so the maintained a one to one fight against... No, he defeated Saber.
Of course, he took her by surprise, that gave him some leverage. Saber was left biting the dust.
I did not expect that at all...

It was not magic, right? The Saber class is supposed to be resistant to magic.

Kuzuki's martial arts focus on being unpredictable and attacking their opponent from impossible angles.
As VN explains it completely messes with Saber who has something akin to battle precognition - when every instinct and cell in her body is telling the attack is coming from right, it comes from left and etc. And at the same time every single attack is aimed at vital spots - she pretty much gets her spine broken with the very first attack, which also leads to brain contusion which worsens her capability to fight even more.

At the same time Caster is reinforcing his body(aka reinforcement, the basic stuff every magus knowns, the stuff Shirou used on objects and the stuff Rin uses on her legs for jumping in prologue and surviving Kuizuki's attack here)

Its not something that would work if you knew about it beforehand, hence why its a martial arts meant for assassination. Which is why they retreat - because fight lasted too long and when Saber would heal even a bit even when wounded she should be able to take on Kuizuki now(anime mistake: she is not supposed to completely heal in seconds, she should still be bloody and somewhat limping).

Its also why Shirou's straightforward attack works against him, if Shirou were to try to defend against Kuizuki even once, he would get his brain blown off with a fist.
He's not with that BS of "You are a girl, you can't fight" with Saber or Rin either.

He was lying when saying that in fate. He literally states in the mind that he is bullshitting by saying something Kiritsugu used to say all the time as a mantra(
). ITs something Shirou made up on spot to hide the actual reasons on why he can't let others suffer for him(mainly because
)
There's absolutely nothing Shounen about his mentality either. Its not idealism and he does not believe it is possible to save everyone.
AhenshihaelApr 14, 2016 1:51 AM
May 21, 2016 12:13 AM

Dec 2012
KUZUKI!!!!! As badass as you are...Y U CHOKE MY WAIFU!?

When Kuzuki punched Rin in the stomach, I was like "She ain't having kids no more." lol

Projection time.

Ah! The Matou household. Memories.

The golden haired man doesn't belong in such a filthy place.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 30, 2016 5:22 PM

Mar 2010
There is always a borderline insanity for all ideals. Anyways shiro finally showing some balls. I though he would turn super saiyan lol.

I'm getting sick of all this withdrawing shit.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 15, 2017 7:37 AM

Apr 2013
Totally didn't see Saber getting her ass kicked by that boring teacher coming lol... maybe she should retire after that pathetic display xD
Mar 15, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 2013
Gator said:
Totally didn't see Saber getting her ass kicked by that boring teacher coming lol... maybe she should retire after that pathetic display xD

You mean getting kicked by an enemy after underestimating him who uses a fighting style meant to confuse opponents and most importantly, had his attacks BOOSTED tremendously by Caster whose magic goes back to the Age of Gods?

That was only a lucky strike. The next time Kuzuki even attempts to do battle with Saber, the same trick won't work twice which he stated it himself.
Mar 16, 2017 2:05 AM

Jul 2007
Gator said:

Anyone with strong high level reinforcement on the body can raise their conceptual strength to hit a servant. The problem is that not many actually have that level of magic in the present times, nor mana amounts needed to perform it. Someone like Rin can prepare and strengthen themselves enough to survive a hit form a servant
, but even that takes tremenduous level of power for someonelike Rin who is essentially one of the most capable ones.
For someone like Caster, its childs play.

Likewise Kuizuki's martial arts, Snake, is designed around confusing the opponent's perception. The better someone is at predicting attacks, the worse they are off against him as his attacks come in impossible directions and always against what the opponent's very instincts are suggesting. For Saber who has not only high level instinct but also a level of battle precognition, thats pretty much a death sentence. The fact that Snake is an assassination technique and thus is designed to disable the opponent is also not helping - The first hits were aimed at her head and spine, essentially disorienting her further and every hint targets vital organs. Alas since its an assassination technique, once it is figured out, it is useless so once Saber got up and healed she would have countermeasures by knowing what to expect and just overpowering him without using any tactics or defense.

There's also the fact that Kuizuki's training is PERFECT at countering the supernatural as explained in another nasuverse work
AhenshihaelMar 20, 2017 2:17 AM
Mar 19, 2017 12:40 PM

Apr 2013
Well I do hope that Saber won't lose another time against him, I mean how should they ever defeat him if not even Saber couldn't kill the master? ^^
Mar 20, 2017 6:35 AM

Jul 2013
Gator said:
Well I do hope that Saber won't lose another time against him, I mean how should they ever defeat him if not even Saber couldn't kill the master? ^^

Like I said, it was only a lucky strike in Kuzuki's part. His fighting style revolves around confusing opponents and since Saber has incredibly high intuition, it's even more effective against her since her predictions will almost always end up wrong. Since it's an assassination technique, once it's figured out it won't work as smoothly the second time around hence Caster and Kuzuki's retreat. If ever they meet again in battle, Saber would totally annihilate Kuzuki.
Mar 22, 2017 1:06 PM

Jul 2007
Gator said:

Strength =/= Winning.

Saber is great at close combat. She is mostly undefeatable in close combat. She is skilled at sword-fighting and she has good defense, BUT, that's pretty much all that she is good at. Anyone that has more to them than just straightforward fighting can defeat her.

There are plenty of servants who can match her and defeat her. Lancer could kill her and already almost did, Berserker has absolutely zero trouble in fighting her(he could technically defeat any servant in both this and previous war, barring maybe Goldie from previous war), Rider most likely could match her, etc.
AhenshihaelMar 22, 2017 1:15 PM
May 13, 2017 5:05 PM

May 2013
LOOOOLLLLL, all these memes about Kuzuki lmfaaaoooo. Y'all crack me up xDD
Pages (33) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

708 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.