Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 30, 2012 5:52 PM

Jul 2009
awesome episode :D

man that dream was scary as hell O__O

i almost forgotten that the rain affects Ed since he has an automail.

i do wonder if he can take a bath, then again he went to the fountain as soon as they arrived in XerXes temple.

so they weren't able to transmute their mother since human revival is impossible in the first place.

in the first season however is different

i guess the guilt they felt with transmuting their mother is gone now, same with Izumi thinking she killed her son in the first place.

i wonder what kind of promise Trisha made.

it's a shame we're getting less and less scenes about Ling and Ran as well as Fu.

i want to know more about this characters :P

scar will probably be later so no worries about that.

so they'll be able to get their body just by going back to the door huh??

so now they have to figure how to get there without human transmutaion.

next episode!!!

Havoc's alive :P
Apr 11, 2013 11:53 AM

Aug 2012
"Eating a delicious dinner"
Never change, Ling. Never change.
Jun 25, 2013 9:09 AM

Nov 2012
adamantine said:

Hair joke was cut out. :(
Good, I hate hair jokes, they're not funny.
Jul 31, 2013 5:01 AM

Jul 2013
At the beginning, after Ed had found 'the body' at the ruins of his house, I thought he has gone nuts-that annoying laughing-.
The episode was OK.
Aug 16, 2013 4:12 PM

Jun 2012
OriginANIME said:
Yes... beautiful back isn't it?

LOL xD

Oct 15, 2013 4:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hohenheim went to the Gendo Ikari school of bad parenting for sure.

A bit more info on transmutation and you cannot bring the dead back it seems.

There's still hope for Edward with Wenry even if he's too short.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 19, 2013 7:43 AM

May 2013
The scene where ed laughs histericaly was intense
Nov 21, 2013 7:13 PM

Oct 2013
the pasta ling was eating made me so hungry
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 16, 2013 12:23 AM

Sep 2013
there's something fishy about the father.... hmmmm.

But I was excited to see him finally. I love this anime!

Dec 18, 2013 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
Best episode so far.
Dec 20, 2013 10:46 PM

May 2013
Aw, I felt bad for Ed when he was digging "it" up ;[
Dec 23, 2013 5:04 AM

Jul 2013
lol when they were kids Winry was the tallest?? hahah poor Ed.. I thought Winry turned down Al because she prefers Ed.. hahahah ( I'm pretty sure shes into him now though)
Mar 18, 2014 6:36 PM

Jun 2011
I really like the exploration done here, good stuff! So, how is Ed going to go back into the "other dimension"?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 3, 2014 11:00 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't understand a single thing in this ep -_- What the hell was Ed on about? So they revived some random person's body?

Oh no, the ending... A romance is beginning. Goddammit, I was hoping for a shounen without a romance.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
May 6, 2014 3:56 AM

Feb 2013
why was ed coughing and throwing,he said something about the rain,but i do'nt get it
May 7, 2014 12:25 AM

Jul 2013
vongola-undecimo said:
why was ed coughing and throwing,he said something about the rain,but i do'nt get it
They mentioned in that armour town that winry became an apprentice at about the mail armour getting weak in the rain, I have no clue why though...
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
May 13, 2014 3:01 AM

Apr 2010
anime-cat said:
I didn't understand a single thing in this ep -_- What the hell was Ed on about? So they revived some random person's body?

Oh no, the ending... A romance is beginning. Goddammit, I was hoping for a shounen without a romance.

LoL u were hoping this series didn't have romance? This series has everything, it's normal to have that kind of things, but for a shounen doesn't have that much. Fairy Tail, Naruto, Bleach has a lot more, mainly Fairy Tail. And what its funny you like that series. About the begining of your sentence, if you don't understand this episode (which was na amazing episode for those that understand) then go watch Dragon Ball (my childhood series, but the nº1 series of plotholes), Fairy Tails or series similiars that are so generic and simple that everyone undertands.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2014 2:17 AM

Apr 2012
Yea i don't really understand why Ed was throwing up. Was he repulsed by the idea that he was digging up a dead body that he had transmuted or is it some bad reaction with rain water and his automail? Pretty obvious Winry has a thing for Ed from the very beginning.
The whole idea about dragging the body back from the gate was pretty abstract. It will probably be elaborated later in the anime, but I'm not sure how Ed is so confident that it will work or that the body even exists anymore. Anyways nice to see Ed/Al/Izumi have some closure on their grave mistake of trying to revive a loved one.

Jun 9, 2014 4:23 AM

Aug 2013
Their dad's giving off last boss vibes >__>
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 18, 2014 8:06 PM

Jul 2014
xchee said:
Their dad's giving off last boss vibes >__>

I was thinking the same thing.
[
Sep 24, 2014 9:14 PM

Jan 2014
Hohenheim makes an unceremonious return.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 29, 2014 6:42 PM
May 2012
Hohenheim is such a boss ahahaha. He just waltz in there, took a picture, and said "Don't say I didn't warn you". Dafuq, get outta there ahahaha.
Alright, the brothers are more confident now. Winry is starting to develop her feelings <3

Hand_of_the_King said:

Cause he feels disgusted remembering what they did.
Mar 29, 2015 3:30 PM

Apr 2014
I liked this episode a lot. wonder who he transmuted lol

"hmm this pelvis...it's a man" lmao
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2015 6:11 AM

Apr 2013
So they find out about something which actually doesn't really help them. Kind of a boring episode again.
Jul 17, 2015 8:40 AM

Jun 2015
next up
Jul 22, 2015 9:16 PM

Oct 2014
Good episode, liked Ed and Al's new resolve to restore their bodies. And Winry saying something about Ed's shoulders being broader was cool, it really shows how he is "growing" as a person in his maturity and determination. Also, romance maybe?!?

The digging up scene was quite sad but I liked the positive outcome it had. And seeing Hohenheim was interesting, as some of you have said, he's definitely going to be the final fight ("last boss") at this rate.
Aug 1, 2015 8:17 AM

Jul 2013
Awesome episode as always! I can see both the Elric brothers are more determined as ever!
Aug 26, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2009
I really don't like Hohenheim, but at least they were able to to know that it was not her mother back then.
Hahaha Winry's reason to reject Al :D
Dec 11, 2015 5:43 AM
Nov 2014
Great development.
Dec 21, 2015 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
Episode nice in terms of dialogues, the story is even more different from the FMA, but I have a little crooked nose when Al is repaired without using its missing pieces by his brother Ed, where the exchange is equivalent in this case? Drawings and animation good, narrative differences do not stop to those listed first, but the account is not affected, indeed it seems still nice and interesting.
Jan 13, 2016 8:40 PM

Apr 2014
Mustang becoming one of my favorite characters.
Jul 16, 2016 5:05 AM

Nov 2015
I knew his dad wasn't that bad!! He must have his reasons! I think the promise was that they would live forever (once he got the stone) or something of the sort, that's why she is sorry for dying first.
I think the dad knew about the sacrifice from the very beginning, but left trying to get separated from them so they wouldn't be involved in it or he wanted to seal his feelings towards his sons, which didn't really work <3
Jan 27, 2017 5:25 AM

Jan 2016
Al crying and saying "I didn't kill mom!" was so sad ):
This anime man...
Feb 28, 2017 9:11 PM

Jun 2013
Wow! This show is so good! I love the plot twists.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Mar 9, 2017 8:49 PM

Jul 2015
Lol what, I thought they already knew that what they transmuted wasn't actually their mother. Guess not.

caught in the wonder
Jun 18, 2017 1:39 AM

Jan 2013
I knew WInry would talk about Edwards back after he was so determind to get AL's body back.
Nov 21, 2017 6:33 AM

Nov 2016
Gem said:
Lol what, I thought they already knew that what they transmuted wasn't actually their mother. Guess not.

They knew it wasn't their mother in terms of the fact that she was demented but they also didn't know that what they did summon had different hair colour etc.
Jan 29, 2018 1:21 PM

Sep 2017
Instead of the usual plot + action, we got plot + feels flashbacks in this one. Their transmutation attempts, Nina in Ed's dream, Al mentions Hughes, Flashbacks of the guys Bradley killed.

I would be annoyed but somehow it all worked, and the feels still had some value even on a repeat
Jan 29, 2018 10:00 PM
Jan 2018
i just cant understand about this anime. This anime is out of my logic, but this is top anime here. maybe I should watch it again. Can someone tell me. what interesting about this anime?
Feb 18, 2018 11:09 PM

Jul 2015
Came here since i didn't understand what Winry meant by Large Back.
Mar 13, 2018 12:58 PM

Dec 2009
I fucking hate father already.

Dec 18, 2018 7:44 PM
Jun 2014
Hohenheim is such a dick. Ed's right to hate him.
Jan 11, 2019 8:41 PM

Jun 2015
i wanna get the backstory on that dad, and why he's such a major asshole as of right now.
that little tidbit of of winry slowly about to fall in love with edward too..
Jan 19, 2019 5:17 PM

Oct 2013
Woah, so everything they thought was kinda a lie they understood in a wrong way and they actually did not transmutate their mother? Interesting.

As much interesting as Hohenheim. That guy has surely some mystery behind, especially after that phrase of running away from Resembool, because things were to become bad there.
Mar 20, 2019 5:51 PM

Aug 2007
I like that they revisit Al's doubt of being Ed's brother -- that his soul is really his own and Ed didn't craft him.

I honestly can't remember the end of the manga, but I'm hoping the whole "dead is dead" thing carries on through this series... The weirdness of parallel universes in the 2003 version and then the follow up movie trying to tie loose ends was my major complaint about it.

Right now, I honestly like both series about the same. I think Brotherhood is better in consistent quality, so I'm hoping this will exceed expectations by the end of it!

Apr 4, 2019 12:21 AM

May 2016
Hohenheim bluntly revealed the truth about the grotesque beings that were the result of their forbidden trabsmutations and how they weren't actually bringing anyone back from the dead after all. It might initially seem like they went through that traumatic experience for nothing, but they actually saw it as a relief that they don't have to bear the guilt of bringing a monstrous version of their loved ones to the world only to put it down immediately with their own hands anymore.

I hope Al gets his body soon!

Aug 22, 2019 1:38 PM
Aug 2019
Hohenheim is such a mysterious character.

So it's impossible to bring people from the dead after all.
Nov 4, 2019 2:57 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
5/5 episode, it was so interesting and captivating, so the thing they resurrected wasn't their mother...
Mar 20, 2020 5:43 PM

Feb 2020
HOHENHEIM IS A DICK

the first time he sees his son in so long and the first thing he does is berate him? nah he can gtfo

but wow what a reveal! it was never really their mother they transmuted, i wonder who/what it was??? also the voice actor for ed is insanely good
Nov 11, 2020 6:26 PM

Jul 2017
Great episode overall, and a bit heavy too. Discoveries were confirmed regarding the fact that human transumation will not bring back a person from the dead, and Ed and Al basically transmuted and created a thing that isn't their mother at all. She was dead and that was the end of that. Same goes for Izumi and her kid, she didn't make the kid go through the hell of being transmuted soul-wise since the kid was already dead and the dead can't be brought back to life no matter what. Pretty interesting overall.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.