Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (37) « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 32 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2017 12:29 PM

Jul 2009
Rewatched the series for the first time since I first saw it in 2014. Still really appreciate the series and it remains the best anime I've ever seen.

I hope Steins;Gate 0 turns out well.
Jan 10, 2017 1:22 PM

Mar 2016
iCanFlyYouNot said:
So... no one noticed the illogical fact that Christina survives? When each timelines story is predestined, it makes sense that Okabe couldnt rescue Mayuri, doesnt matter how much he tried. In that timeline he was currently present, Mayuri was doomed to die. So that means... in the Original timeline, before all this time traveling happened, Christina was also doomed to die. If she doesnt die by her fathers hands (because OKabe rescues here that moment) she is still doomed to die - but she didnt die.

Well.. and here is my theory: Okabe saw the dead Christina, went home. The banana experiment worked and somehow he could time travel. After all the shit happened, he finally found his original timeline. But there was one problem: Christina dies in that timeline. So he faked her death. (Lets call this Okabe "Okabe-K (= Okabe knowledge, cause he time teavelled and can remember everything)"). Well. so that Okabe-K faked Christinas death. But... there is still the other Okabe existing in that timline (Lets call this Okabe "Okabe-N (= Okabe nothing, cause he does not know nothing about the future yet)"). Okabe-N sees the dead Christina, is shocked, goes to home and the banana experiment works. So he time travels and finally finds his original timeline and fakes Christinas death. So... this should be a never ending circle, right? That means... it will never happen, that Christina dies really, because before she really dies (and not only fake dead), Okabe success with time traveling. And that means... its a never ending circle cause the Okabe-N will always think, that Christina is really dead and only Okabe-K knows, that its just a fake death. THat means they chase their own tails.. like dogs do, but they will never catch it.

So.. it makes totally no sense, that the end of episode 24, Okabe-K meets Christina alive again. How did that Okabe-K escape the circle? Lets say... theoretically it is possible to really save Christina from all possible deaths that day... but the Okabe-N (The okabe knowing Nothing) still will always for eternity think, that Christina is dead and start the circle anew. So if it really was possible to save Christina, how was it possible to save Okabe himself? Because his Okabe-N version will never stop starting the circle anew. How can a Okabe-K then escape the circle route?

In fact.. it shouldnt be possible. And a meeting between Okabe-K and Christina after the fake death should never be possible, because of Okabe-N always repeating the circle, time should stop flowing.

First of all, it's world lines, not timelines for a reason. WLs are not parallel worlds and Okabe is not jumping from world to world. It is the same world and same Okabe, when WL is changed world is rebuilding itself according to the new WL, Okabe just has ability to save (overwrite) his memories in that process.

Now shortly chronologically what happened. Episode 1, after Okabe saw dead Kurisu(killed by future himself btw) he send message to daru, which in that moment was experimenting with microwave and this was first d-mail that was sent by Okabe by accident.
Now, content of this message doesn't matter CERN surveillance intercepted that message and discovered that it was sent from the future, so the fact of sending this first message to the past changed WL from Beta (where WW3 happens and Kurisu dies) to Alpha (where Kurisu is alive and Dystopia happens).
Now we see events up to 22 episode where Okabe deletes this first D-Mail, sacrificing Kurisu and returning to original WL From the first episode.

Now important moment, I will try not spoil S;G0 much, just minor spoilers that is already known (VN is released, anime no airing date yet).
S;G episode 23 is not what "originally" happened, go watch episode 23Beta, it is prologue to S;G0 which happens right after episode 23B. It is story of Okabe that we saw in video message in S;G ep23. There was no any video message first time and Okabe didn't go second time and didn't save Kurisu. Outcome of this is Video message that I already mentioned.

So now episode 23. Suzuha comes from the future where is WW3 and goes back in time with Okabe to save Kurisu, Okabe is stabbing Kurisu (what we saw in ep1, but from perspective of future Okabe) and goes back to the future :) Okabe now is broken, Mayuri slaps him to get his shit together (there are reasons for why is this is different from episode 23B) and Suzuha now tells him that he is able to see message that he received very early in episode 1 from his future self.

Now his goal is to fake Kurisu's death, it's the only way to save her because the unavoidable event is that in first episode Okabe saw her in the pool of blood and sending first D-mail after that. He never stated that she was definitely dead, he didn't check if she was dead for real, that is why it was possible to save her.

So he goes back with Suzuha back in time for second time (when time travelling in time machine, WL is changing by 0.0000001%, that's why in episode there is no 3 Okabe running around), he takes metallic Upa so papers will burn and WW3 will not happen and after that let himself get stabbed and fakes Kurisu's death.

He goes back to the future again with Suzuha, Suzuha and time machine disappears after arriving because now in that WL should not be WW3 and time machine, so it would it would cause paradox. And Okabe get's into the hospital.

All that time Kurisu was trying to find Okabe to thank him, and in the end they finally met each other and Kurisu even has some memories left from events in Alpha World lines (why? because of 1 active wold, so some people will have some faint memories left from previous world lines).

Hope this will help to answer your questions.

"Okabe-K" and "Okabe-N" are the same Okabe. "Okabe-K" basically just modified circle so there is no infinity loop there. There is of course "Okabe-0" from S;G0 but it will be spoilers if I will tell you now about that.
Jan 15, 2017 11:00 AM

May 2016
hououin kyouma you are my favorite Mad Scientist Elpsy Congroo, best ending in the anime history.
Jan 15, 2017 11:14 AM

Jun 2013
This show was amazing and I definitely recommend it, 10 out of 10. I went into Steins; Gate blindly, and I'm so glad I did, I recommend viewing it this way to everyone.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Jan 15, 2017 12:16 PM

Nov 2015
nickelpickle1997 said:
This show was amazing and I definitely recommend it, 10 out of 10. I went into Steins; Gate blindly, and I'm so glad I did, I recommend viewing it this way to everyone.

Be sure to check out Ep 25, then the movie, then episode 23β and then Steins;Gate 0
Jan 16, 2017 3:38 PM

Sep 2010
This series sure fucks up on the science part. It can even get the chromosonal sex-determination system right. Eating fruit will turn a boy into a girl? Lmao, what the hell.
Jan 19, 2017 7:26 PM

Apr 2015
10/10

Truly amazing

El Psy Congroo.
Jan 23, 2017 1:47 AM

Mar 2011
sauveterre said:
This series sure fucks up on the science part. It can even get the chromosonal sex-determination system right. Eating fruit will turn a boy into a girl? Lmao, what the hell.

Nope, this serie is actually pretty good when it comes to science and is quite close to hard SF.
The most likely explaination is the butterfly effect screwing things up before the baby's gender was decided, this isn't elaborated uppon but it's quite obvious. Especially since, in case you didn't notice, the characters themselves say it's impossible, so it's likely that it's just some kind of BH mess. Eating vegetables can mean having to go outside to buy them, which could very well even kill someone, so changing things regarding someone's conception is quite likely and easy.
Feb 4, 2017 10:15 PM

Jan 2016
Well...I am so happy an OVA shows what happens after this. This was not enough of an ending to leave me satisfied. Still, I never expected to rate another anime 10/10 in my life. Arguably, this anime deserves it more than Death Note. I can't leave an official review that contains spoilers, so I think that I'll just write out my feelings in this...

Now, first off, I'd like to say that I am still very confused as to all of the intricacies in it. Several of them. Maybe some can be explained, maybe some are plotholes. Doesn't matter anyway, enough of it was put together well enough, and with enough foresight, for me to treat this as a non-issue. But, I'm still a little bit confused. For example, did world lines change when he went back in time the second time to save Kurisu? If not, how would his future self have ever been able to tell him what to do? But if so, then why would it be necessary to retain events exactly how they were? Why did he have to fool his old self? Would that not just cause another loop where he sends a D-mail? Sending the D-mail would change history again.....also, how does the first D-mail exactly "prevent" Kurisu from dying anyway? Also, was CERN just a fictitious ploy? Was all of this just set up by Mr. Braun from the start? Why would he have abandoned his original plan in this world line? I'm sure I have more questions, but that's good for now.

Still, this series took me on an emotional rollercoaster. The buildup was a little long, but it will make rewatching it worth it. In order to see how well everything fit together. Everything was well thought out even before the beginning of the series. It was smart, emotional, intense and mysterious, a thriller at its finest. It's one that constantly gives you goose bumps, and the intro was beautiful. It gets you thinking. It forces the brain to work. The characters were beyond deep and well-put together. Every single one served a crucial purpose. Yes, even you Mayuri. Way more than I ever imagined. You think you were only useful to Okabe when you prevented his death? Or when you discovered that Daru was Suzuha's father? No, you were LITERALLY the most important person throughout. And so was Kurisu. That's why I'm so happy she survived.

Anyway, I need some time to recover.

10/10

El Psy Congroo.
Feb 5, 2017 3:11 AM

Mar 2016
primaltare said:
did world lines change when he went back in time the second time to save Kurisu? If not, how would his future self have ever been able to tell him what to do?

Now the interesting thing, the video message from future Okabe from our perspective just come from nowhere, right? Wrong :)

Go watch episode 23Beta.
In fact episode 23 and 24 in not what originally happened, 23B shows what originally happened and this episode is prologue for upcoming Steins;Gate 0. It will show story of Okabe that send video message that we saw in ep23 and some other behind the scenes that happened.
The chronological order will be: S;G ep1-22 -> ep23B -> S;G0 -> S;G ep23-24
And because of World Line mechanic ep23B and S;G0 never happened from perspective of original show it was erased and we went strait to happy ending.

primaltare said:
But if so, then why would it be necessary to retain events exactly how they were? Why did he have to fool his old self? Would that not just cause another loop where he sends a D-mail? Sending the D-mail would change history again.....also, how does the first D-mail exactly "prevent" Kurisu from dying anyway?

It's not that it was necessary to retain events exactly how they were, it would be impossible to really change those events because because of attractor field(read as fate that prevents paradoxes to occur).

So to make it simpler.

In first episode he came with Mayuri to Nakabachi conference, heard some scream and saw Kurisu lying in the pool of blood, after that he send message to Daru that was working with phonewave and it was first d-mail that was accidentally send by Okabe. In th that message he wrote that someone stabbed Kurisu, not killed, but stabbed this was much more pointed in VN than in anime. But aside from this, the content of that message didn't really matter, the thing that mattered was the fact of sending that message.

When this first d-mail was send it was intercepted by CERN surveillance system called ECHELON what tracks messages worldwide and they discovered this message that was send back in time so they continued to research time machine and succeed in the future with their Dystopia. That's why world line changed from Beta to Alpha after Okabe send that message.

Why Kurisu was alive in Alpha WL after this? Suzuha crushed with time machine in the building and that Conference was canceled, that's why Kurisu was alive.

Why Mayuri was fated to die in Alpha WL? In the future in Alpha WL Okabe formed resistance and Suzuha time traveled back in time and crushed into the building. Okabe formed resistance after Mayuri died, so if she wouldn't die Okabe wouldn't form resistance and Suzuha wouldn't come back in time so that would cause paradox. That's why she was fated to die in Alpha WL, cause -> consequence.

Now back to how Kurisu was saved in Beta WL.
So after deleting that first d-mail from CERN database WL changed back to Beta where we was originally in the first ep but a few weeks later.
Suzuha calls, Okabe goes with Suzuha first time and fails(what we saw in ep23 with first attemps is exactly what we saw in ep1 but from other perspective, if you pay attention, there was already Okabe from the future in ep1). After coming back he get's slap from Mayuri and Suzuha shows him video mail.
Now his goal is actually save Kurisu, now he observed what actually happened and he knows what to do from future self.

Why to fool himself?
Unlike from Alpa WL where Mayuri's death was "must happened" event, in Beta WL the must happen event was not actually Kurisu's death, it was Okabe sending first d-mail after seeing Kurisu lying in the pool of blood. That's why it was possible to correct things in second attempt(Faking Kurisu's death and changing Metallic Upa to Plastic Upa so papers about time machine that Nakabachi stole will burn and that will prevent WW3) by fooling old himself, it's a bit complicated to understand and if I'll tell more there will be spoilers for S;G0.

primaltare said:
Also, was CERN just a fictitious ploy? Was all of this just set up by Mr. Braun from the start? Why would he have abandoned his original plan in this world line? I'm sure I have more questions, but that's good for now.

Nope, CERN was totally real. Mr. Braum is leader of CERN's sub-organisation Rounders. Their only goal was to find IBN-5100, in Beta WL and S;G WL they just never found IBN-5100 and just living their lives.

And a few interesting facts. CERN is reference for real life SERN, it's well known European research organisation with their famous Big Adron Collider.

John Titor in not just fictional character in Steins;Gate. In 2000 year there was a real person on American forums that called himself John Titor and claimed himself time traveler. Most of information in S;G John Titor including time travel theories were taken from this real life John Titor posts. Yo can google it by toyrself :)

And IBN-5100 is real life reference of IBM-5100, it also existed and one of IBM engineers confirmed that it has his own programming language.

Glad you had fun and welcome to S;G0 hype train :P
Mar 5, 2017 11:07 AM

Sep 2016
i didnt really mind the slow buildup until ep 12, it had its cool moments and plenty of atmosphere. then it got really gud. then ep 17 to 22 came and i kinda had to suffer through them.
why, you ask? well i clearly recognized the VN structure of the story at that point and were constantly distracted by that. it really robbed me of my suspension of disbelief, so to say, i couldn't really focus on the stuff going on and felt disconnected in a sense.
Thankfully the last two episodes made up for it and tied everything together nicely.
At its lowest points i thought about giving this a 5 to a 6 but now its probably a strong 7 to a light 8.

im curious what the bonus stuff and the movie will bring to the table.
FluggyboiMar 5, 2017 11:13 AM
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Mar 6, 2017 5:24 AM

Nov 2015
@Fluggyboi
What movie are we talking about? What bonus stuff?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2017 5:41 AM

Sep 2016
AX3M said:
@Fluggyboi
What movie are we talking about? What bonus stuff?

the steins;gate movie obviously...Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu. what bonus stuff? well the two ova's aswell as the bonus ONA series.

wasnt that obvious?
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Mar 6, 2017 6:16 AM

Nov 2015
Fluggyboi said:
the steins;gate movie obviously...Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu. what bonus stuff? well the two ova's aswell as the bonus ONA series.

wasnt that obvious?
Oh that, I thought you were talking about some upcoming movie because I read the will, implying the future. And oh, those bonuses, yeah, I didn't really see them as bonuses, though, more like legit canon sequels (I'm in diehard's denial).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2017 6:18 AM

Sep 2016
[/quote](I'm in diehard's denial).[/quote]

whats that

Mar 6, 2017 6:32 AM

Nov 2015
Fluggyboi said:
(I'm in diehard's denial).

whats that
Nah, nvm that, it's just one of my random attempts at original neologism. I don't have a fixed definition for that but in the context I just used it in, I said it because I did personally want to take every stuff around the S;G franchise as an actual canonical part of it instead of just an optional sequel or bonus content. So if you take it to a broader meaning, it simply means "everything directly related to X and created by X's creator is also part of X, despite it being treated as not", with X being the object of one's fandom. I hope it makes sense.
Mar 6, 2017 7:17 AM

Sep 2016
"Nah, nvm that, it's just one of my random attempts at original neologism. I don't have a fixed definition for that but in the context I just used it in, I said it because I did personally want to take every stuff around the S;G franchise as an actual canonical part of it instead of just an optional sequel or bonus content. So if you take it to a broader meaning, it simply means "everything directly related to X and created by X's creator is also part of X, despite it being treated as not", with X being the object of one's fandom. I hope it makes sense."

yeah that certainly makes sense in the context of s;g.
FluggyboiMar 6, 2017 8:21 AM

Mar 6, 2017 7:45 AM

Feb 2016
Only the main anime is canon. Other material isn't even written by the VN's authors, the movie breaks completely the mechanics of time travel, and the OVA/ONA are just for the lulz. Still worth the watch, though.
Mar 6, 2017 8:20 AM

Sep 2016
i enjoyed the style and cinematography of the ova (ep25) much more than any single episode from the main series tbh. its not bound by the VN restrictions that bothered me so much here.

Mar 6, 2017 9:18 AM

Feb 2016
Fluggyboi said:
i enjoyed the style and cinematography of the ova (ep25) much more than any single episode from the main series tbh. its not bound by the VN restrictions that bothered me so much here.

Well, I wouldn't really call them restrictions, they were natural part of the plot.
Mar 6, 2017 12:28 PM

Sep 2016
and the plot is one heavily restricted from its origins

Mar 6, 2017 1:26 PM

Feb 2016
Fluggyboi said:
and the plot is one heavily restricted from its origins

What does that mean? If Okabe was the only one using the D-Mails it wouldn't have been that interesting and everything would be solved so easily.
Mar 15, 2017 6:16 PM
Jun 2013
wow that plan was beyond stupid. He could of killed himself. Also at im happy to know grown up suzuha actually knew her father so she wasint down. The ending with him handing out the pins to everyone even to moeka who now wont have a depressing life.Also happy to see everyone does keep some memories of the other lines. what a great show. It didint make time travel to confusing and for it being a VN with harem aspect im happy it didint have some stupid love triangle or whatever shape. It focused on one relationship outcome which for the most part was handled pretty well. the characters were entertaining especially our main lead.Is this my favorite anime of all time now? umm nope,but its one I would easily recommenced. Just sucks it takes a good chunk to really start going. Now off to the OVA.
souledge94Mar 15, 2017 6:20 PM
Mar 21, 2017 1:01 AM

May 2013
10/10

I BINGED THIS WHOLE SERIES IN HALF A DAY.

IT WAS AMAZINGGGGGG!!!!!!!!
I love how it's not that predictable like other anime series. I caught some of the hints like Okabe's scream sounded like his own when I watched the beginning episodes. But then there were some sad shit thrown in and I was mind blown that Moeka was the spy and the subtle humor dropped in and the romance and the back to sad shit and happy shit and funny shit. I LOVED IT ALL. YAAAAASSSSSSSSSS.

DEFINITELY lived up to its hype. I love you, Steins;Gate.
<3333333333333333333

10/10 *applauds*
Apr 1, 2017 9:30 AM
Mar 2017
I remember hearing a MAN's scream originally back when the anime started!!!

Can anyone explain??

Mod Edit: Edited episode number
AlfyanApr 1, 2017 2:20 PM
Apr 1, 2017 9:50 AM

Sep 2015
It was his future self and he was screaming cause he killed kurisu...
employerjrApr 1, 2017 10:04 AM
You have no idea, do you? You know nothing of the bottomless malice within the human heart!!

~Isaac Netero
Apr 1, 2017 2:22 PM

Mar 2011
Thread has been merged with another thread for specific episode
Apr 2, 2017 4:13 AM

Mar 2016
The_Prob_Sol said:

Can anyone explain??

It was himself from episode 23 that killed Kurisu. Basically first part of episode 23 = events from episode 1 but from different perspective.
Apr 3, 2017 11:29 PM
Mar 2017
HoTTab1CH said:
The_Prob_Sol said:

Can anyone explain??

It was himself from episode 23 that killed Kurisu. Basically first part of episode 23 = events from episode 1 but from different perspective.

But he was supposed to change the past...but if the same thing happened in ep 1 then how did he even change it? that only means he did what he was going to do anyway.
Apr 4, 2017 1:24 PM

Mar 2016
The_Prob_Sol said:

But he was supposed to change the past...but if the same thing happened in ep 1 then how did he even change it?

Well, he didn't. What we saw in episode 23 is not what originally happened. Watch episode 23Beta https://myanimelist.net/anime/32188/Steins_Gate__Kyoukaimenjou_no_Missing_Link_-_Divide_By_Zero, it is prologue of upcoming S;G0 which tells the story of Okabe that we saw in video message and it tells story of what originally happened and how it was possible to save Kurisu is second part of ep23, ep 24.

Chronological order will be S;G ep1-22 -> Episode 23B -> S;G0 -> S;G ep23-24

The_Prob_Sol said:

that only means he did what he was going to do anyway.

Yes and no. Basically the "must happen" event is past Okabe unintentionally sending first d-mail after seeing Kurisu in the pool of blood. Can't explain more because of S;G spoilers, but originally he really killed her as we saw in episode 23, only after that it was possible to correct the past and fake Kurisu's death (what we saw in ep24). Basically ep 1-23 is closed loop, second part of ep23, ep 24 is showing how be broke that loop and saved her.
HoTTab1CHApr 4, 2017 1:31 PM
May 14, 2017 11:24 AM

Apr 2016
word cant describe how much i love this series . Deceive your other self. Deceive the world. That is what you must do to reach the Steins Gate. Good Luck. El Psy Congroo.

10/10
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
May 18, 2017 5:56 PM

Nov 2015
[Rewatch - BD version]

This was beyond beautiful, beyond epic.

The perfect closure to this crusade, to this adventure, to this epic journey.
Kurisu was finally saved.

This was not a free happy ending. This was an ending that Okabe carved by himself. He spend hours, days, years trying to get to the Achievement Point. Tears were shed and blood spilled.

This was a closure. The perfect ending. This was...

The True Ending

"We meet again, Christina"
"I've told you I'm not Christina nor your assistant!... eh?"

How could she know all that? I remember his drew a smile on my face the first time, and it did again now. Heh, of course she can remember. She lived those three longs weeks along Okabe, and that sure left a mark...

"Nobody knows what the future holds, that's why it has an infinite potential, just like this encounter shows. This is the choice of the Steins Gate."
May 18, 2017 6:01 PM

Nov 2015
The_Prob_Sol said:

Can anyone explain??

It was Okabe's scream when he opened further his wound to spill more blood.

Or, in the first try (failed) it was him screaming over the fact he killed Kurisu.

Both men were Okabe.
May 20, 2017 2:13 AM

Mar 2016
HumbertoZero said:
The_Prob_Sol said:

Can anyone explain??

It was Okabe's scream when he opened further his wound to spill more blood.

Or, in the first try (failed) it was him screaming over the fact he killed Kurisu.

Both men were Okabe.

Yes, but originally in 1st episode it was Okabe from 23 that killed Kurisu, they fcked up screams a bit, they should be identical there. But aside of that it was from ep23, not 24.
Jun 10, 2017 3:13 PM
Jun 2015
I'm sad I rushed to finished it/ only just finished yesterday.....
I've been going through okabe x kurisu photos...
I've downloaded the movie...
I'M IN MENTAL PAIN
;_;
Jun 11, 2017 12:15 PM

Nov 2015
Shoujo_Addict said:
I'm sad I rushed to finished it/ only just finished yesterday.....
I've been going through okabe x kurisu photos...
I've downloaded the movie...
I'M IN MENTAL PAIN
;_;

Never rush an anime, not even if you like it- No, love it.
Jun 16, 2017 10:40 AM

Aug 2014
wouldn't it all end in an infinite loop ? also what happened to suzuha ?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jun 16, 2017 11:21 AM

Feb 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:

There will be only one loop cycle. After Okabe returns back from Alpha to Beta attractor field, he will end up directly in the Steins Gate worldline where Kurisu is already safe and WW3 is prevented.
Suzuha disappeared together with her time machine the moment they reached the present in Steins Gate world line because time travel doesn't exist there so she also can't be there at this time. She will be born later.
Jun 16, 2017 1:42 PM

Aug 2014
Aquamirror said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

There will be only one loop cycle. After Okabe returns back from Alpha to Beta attractor field, he will end up directly in the Steins Gate worldline where Kurisu is already safe and WW3 is prevented.
Suzuha disappeared together with her time machine the moment they reached the present in Steins Gate world line because time travel doesn't exist there so she also can't be there at this time. She will be born later.

why is there only one loop cycle ? based on how it ended , okarin should see a dead Kristina and send a message to his friend which will lead to him going back in time and going through all that again , even he himself told the new okarin that he will have 3 long weeks so it should be an infinite loop , also suzuha should still be living there because after all she did live till the age of 43 before twice

Jun 16, 2017 1:52 PM

Feb 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Aquamirror said:

why is there only one loop cycle ? based on how it ended , okarin should see a dead Kristina and send a message to his friend which will lead to him going back in time and going through all that again , even he himself told the new okarin that he will have 3 long weeks so it should be an infinite loop , also suzuha should still be living there because after all she did live till the age of 43 before twice

Yes, he will go into the alpha worldlines again in the same way and repeat the past 3 weeks, but when he finally goes back into beta attractor field, he will reach Steins Gate directly without needing to fake her death again.
Suzuha did live to 43 in the past, but that was in another world line when she went back in 1975 to secure the IBN 5100. That was in alpha attractor field, the Suzuha in beta attractor field is different with different kind of time machine and different goals, and she came from the future to that day exactly to reveal the video message to Okabe telling him that reaching The Steins Gate, where both Kurisu and Mayuri are safe, is possible. There's no completed working time travel machine in the Steins Gate worldline so Suzuha cannot travel from the future to the past, so she can't exist there at the end.
Jun 16, 2017 2:25 PM

Aug 2014
Aquamirror said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Yes, he will go into the alpha worldlines again in the same way and repeat the past 3 weeks, but when he finally goes back into beta attractor field, he will reach Steins Gate directly without needing to fake her death again.
Suzuha did live to 43 in the past, but that was in another world line when she went back in 1975 to secure the IBN 5100. That was in alpha attractor field, the Suzuha in beta attractor field is different with different kind of time machine and different goals, and she came from the future to that day exactly to reveal the video message to Okabe telling him that reaching The Steins Gate, where both Kurisu and Mayuri are safe, is possible. There's no completed working time travel machine in the Steins Gate worldline so Suzuha cannot travel from the future to the past, so she can't exist there at the end.

so you are saying that suzuha that came in episode 23 has a different machine that doesn't allow her to exist when transferred to a new world !! i don't remember anything about that and if that was the case the in the movie how did she appear ?
so what you are saying in terms of the new route is that when he decides to erase the first message then he would go back and not change anything and he will just find her walking again without him knowing that she survived ? then how is that conscious thing and remembering all the events there in the end ? it shows him having full knowledge of what happened in all routes and remembering why she was alive . are you saying that when he returned to the future his memories were written on the new okarin and they became one ?

Jun 17, 2017 7:01 AM

Mar 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Aquamirror said:

What we saw in 24 episode is only "fixed past" of Okabe that we were observing, there is no loop in it's usual definition.
Jun 17, 2017 7:08 AM

Mar 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Aquamirror said:

so you are saying that suzuha that came in episode 23 has a different machine that doesn't allow her to exist when transferred to a new world !! i don't remember anything about that and if that was the case the in the movie how did she appear ?
so what you are saying in terms of the new route is that when he decides to erase the first message then he would go back and not change anything and he will just find her walking again without him knowing that she survived ? then how is that conscious thing and remembering all the events there in the end ? it shows him having full knowledge of what happened in all routes and remembering why she was alive . are you saying that when he returned to the future his memories were written on the new okarin and they became one ?

Movie is not canon and is full of plotholes. In 23 episode future where time machine was created existed, in episode 24 when they reached Steins Gate there is no future where Suzuha came from, so she disappeared because it would be a paradox.

And again, the fooled Okabe from ep24 is just fixed past of Okabe that we were observing, don't forget that there is only 1 active world line in any moment.
Jun 17, 2017 8:14 AM

Aug 2014
HoTTab1CH said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Movie is not canon and is full of plotholes. In 23 episode future where time machine was created existed, in episode 24 when they reached Steins Gate there is no future where Suzuha came from, so she disappeared because it would be a paradox.

And again, the fooled Okabe from ep24 is just fixed past of Okabe that we were observing, don't forget that there is only 1 active world line in any moment.

but you could just say the same thing happened in the first episode , older okabe was there and the new okabe who stayed throughout the rest of the series thought that Kristina is dead

Jun 17, 2017 3:11 PM

Mar 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:
HoTTab1CH said:

but you could just say the same thing happened in the first episode , older okabe was there and the new okabe who stayed throughout the rest of the series thought that Kristina is dead

Episode 1 and 23 are exactly same events but from different perspectives, you can call that "loop", episode 24 is basically breaking that loop.
Jun 17, 2017 7:07 PM

Aug 2014
HoTTab1CH said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Episode 1 and 23 are exactly same events but from different perspectives, you can call that "loop", episode 24 is basically breaking that loop.

ooooh , i get your point now . thx for explaining

Jun 28, 2017 7:27 PM

May 2015
Great, great series. I'm glad I misunderstood/was wrong about the conclusion. In the previous episode's thread, I misunderstood the plan as to have an alive Kurisu take place of the dead Kurisu, but she still end up dying. I'm really glad that both girls lived. It wasn't a sad ending after all, although I was fully prepared for one. I'm definitely going to have to watch some videos on this series and read up on it because there's no way I understand this series 100%. That's what makes it great though. Time travel movies and shows are always difficult to wrap your head around during the first go-through. I thoroughly enjoyed this series and am sad it's over; it was a great experience. Time to change up my wallpapers to Steins;Gate material.

The long scene with Okabe having been stabbed and staring down Kurisu's father was extremely intense and one of the best scenes in the series. Quite a few episodes though, I still stand in saying that the scene with Okabe sprinting out of the grocery store to the lab was the overall best scene in the series. I'm so happy Kurisu and Okabe still know each other and are both alive. One of my favorite anime couples so far. It's kind of strange to say that I liked last episode better than this one. I think realizing the plan of what's going to happen and how desperate Okabe was really set the emotion of the episode and the situation. This episode was fantastic as well though. I loved this series.
Jun 29, 2017 11:44 AM

Mar 2016
myfoxhat said:
Great, great series. I'm glad I misunderstood/was wrong about the conclusion. In the previous episode's thread, I misunderstood the plan as to have an alive Kurisu take place of the dead Kurisu, but she still end up dying. I'm really glad that both girls lived. It wasn't a sad ending after all, although I was fully prepared for one. I'm definitely going to have to watch some videos on this series and read up on it because there's no way I understand this series 100%. That's what makes it great though. Time travel movies and shows are always difficult to wrap your head around during the first go-through. I thoroughly enjoyed this series and am sad it's over; it was a great experience. Time to change up my wallpapers to Steins;Gate material.

The long scene with Okabe having been stabbed and staring down Kurisu's father was extremely intense and one of the best scenes in the series. Quite a few episodes though, I still stand in saying that the scene with Okabe sprinting out of the grocery store to the lab was the overall best scene in the series. I'm so happy Kurisu and Okabe still know each other and are both alive. One of my favorite anime couples so far. It's kind of strange to say that I liked last episode better than this one. I think realizing the plan of what's going to happen and how desperate Okabe was really set the emotion of the episode and the situation. This episode was fantastic as well though. I loved this series.

If you have any questions feel free to ask :)
Jul 1, 2017 3:44 AM

Jun 2017
We are halfway into 2017 ,does anybody know our dear Suzu been born yet😂😂
bakakisimaJul 2, 2017 4:48 AM
Jul 1, 2017 4:46 AM

Feb 2016
bakakisima said:
We are halfway into 2017 ,do anybody knows our dear Suzu been born yet😂😂

Soon, 27th of September ;)
Pages (37) « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 32 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Yesterday, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 19, 2011

455 by wailamnice »»
Mar 31, 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.