Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Users Without 'Drop Rates' ~ Liars, Patient, or just Completionists?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 26, 2017 8:47 PM

Jan 2017
If I am watching an anime that I don't particularly like I finish watching it for various reasons:
1. I have a stubborn perfectionist personality which transcends over many parts of my life including anime.
2. I don't want to miss out on a good anime - sometimes it just takes a few episodes to really dive into it.
3. I put myself in the creator's shoes and know how crushed I would feel if someone didn't like my work. Of course, there are always gonna be critics and not everyone is going to like the same things that you do but I just can't help but think this way lol.

im weeb trash

Feb 26, 2017 8:55 PM

Feb 2010
Patients.. i only have lost my patients with about 4 anime
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 26, 2017 9:43 PM
Oct 2016
I try to keep watching until it's too unbearable. for example, i have been keeping up with all the episodes of Detective Conan, and by some miracle it hasn't killed me yet.

I give most anime the chance to prove themselves, even if it means waiting until the last 4 minutes of the last episode to actually create something worth watching. + who knows, what if there's a scene that i would really enjoy, and i drop it? then i guess i would miss it..
Feb 27, 2017 2:58 AM

Apr 2014
I used to be one of those guys that never dropped an anime.
Then college started requiring more of my time.
Then I started watching more seasonal anime.
Then I got a full time job where I barely even have time to sleep now.
Now I drop anything on a whim. It's come to the point where I don't have time to watch things I don't expect will get higher than a 6/10 from me. It's not because my standards are high but simply because time is a luxury I can't spare much of these days.
Feb 28, 2017 2:05 AM

Jan 2017
suzakukaworu said:
my attention span sucks so i envy people who never drop any anime or put anything on hold, i'm moderately easy to please but i find that i can stop watching/drop anything even if the anime itself is amazing in my opinion.

I suffer the same as you.
That's why if it's exceptionally good i'll binge a whole season :) - lest i forget about it and move on without giving it due credit.
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

Feb 28, 2017 4:42 AM

Jan 2016
Brb said:
Or you know, they just don't add every entry that they run into. That works too. I mean if I didn't even finish an episode, why the fuck should I bother adding it?

That really should be the case. I don't understand how that doesn't come to mind first.
Feb 28, 2017 4:45 AM

Jun 2015
hazerddex said:

I pity whoever you were operating on at that time
Feb 28, 2017 4:50 AM

May 2014
I never had a 'No Drop Policy' and don't intend to. I just heard the term a few months back. It's just that I feel every anime has it's own great moment. I like to appreciate the effort put into making, even if I feel it was bad. I also hate keeping anime unfinished. Not looking for any achievements or anything.
Mar 2, 2017 6:02 PM

Jul 2016
Willow_Folk said:
suzakukaworu said:
my attention span sucks so i envy people who never drop any anime or put anything on hold, i'm moderately easy to please but i find that i can stop watching/drop anything even if the anime itself is amazing in my opinion.

I suffer the same as you.
That's why if it's exceptionally good i'll binge a whole season :) - lest i forget about it and move on without giving it due credit.

yeah, i forget about a lot of anime. whatever has been put 'on hold' will naturally be put on hold... for infinity and beyond lmao! there was that one time where i did binge watch nearly all the episodes of hxh in like under 5 days in the summer (it was still airing a bit) but that's a special case.
Mar 3, 2017 8:02 AM

Aug 2010
i just dont list things i have completed... at least not usually.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Mar 3, 2017 8:15 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Because I don't like judging things prematurely. I have seen way too many shows with game-changing endings to do that anymore. Also I try to do some pretty decent research before picking something up, either through investigating the source material or by asking friends who are more familiar with the title in question for example. I think I'm pretty well-informed in general so I rarely end up picking up an anime which I utterly hate. And even if I do, well just 20 minutes of something bad per week isn't a huge deal really. But I also don't watch long-running stuff (not that I had any interest in stuff like Naruto and One Piece to begin with). Only about 10% of my list is stuff I've rated 4 or lower, and quite a lot of those are just short OVAs/specials/ONAs/hentai anyway which take like no time or effort at all to watch

Also it becomes kind of a stigma after a while. When you've got let's say 500 completed and still 0 dropped, it feels weird to suddenly start doing it. You've gotten so used to not doing it after all. So yeah I'm at 1000+ now and still going strong with a clean sheet, but I don't consider it to be such a huge deal anymore. Instead of picking up a bunch of random stuff blindly and consequently having to drop half of them after 1-3 episodes, I just... don't pick such half-assed shows up to begin with. Clean and simple

Plus you know, gotta get dem Malgraph achievements I actually don't really care
HaXXspettenMar 3, 2017 8:19 AM
Mar 3, 2017 8:23 AM

Aug 2015
You're using the wrong word here, it's "masochists".
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Mar 3, 2017 8:26 AM

Dec 2012
I don't drop. Things just go on indefinite hold. Now, I've tried to drop. Really, I have. But whether it be weeks, months, years - they eventually come back for me. And often times, I can see those shows in a new perspective and better appreciate them as a result.
Mar 3, 2017 10:00 AM

Aug 2016
I don't drop as I have high tolerance of watching shows. Plus, there can be occasions where the show gets better at the end if it starts off as shit in the beginning.

There is such a thing as multitasking. If the show is mostly garbage, it gives me a better incentive to watch the show while washing dishes, doing some exercise, browsing internet, etc. Whenever I want to 100% concentrate on a show, then I'll switch to a show that's more enjoyable. Simple really.

I add everything that I can remember watching. I don't like to exclude anything that I watched at least 1 episode of. I don't put things on indefinite holds (entire TV series mainly) either unless
A) I can't find the episodes for them
B) They're on recommendations section on MALGraph for entries in franchises that I didn't add yet. I can't find a way to make them not show up without having them added to my list. Tried "x"ing out the entries in MALGraph, but refreshing the page puts it back. For example, not interested in adding the sequel to Pokemon.
C) there is already an alternative anime of the franchise and I'm giving it some time before I delve into that to maximize enjoyment
D) Recap episodes that I happen to not add, but don't feel like watching at the moment, but will come across later.
MechKingKillbotMar 3, 2017 10:15 AM
Mar 3, 2017 10:02 AM

Oct 2011
Impala said:
Let me tell you a secret, their On Hold list is their Dropped list.

lol This is probably true. I have moved a few that I just stopped watching there with the hope that I will eventually get to finish them lol maybe.
Mar 3, 2017 3:19 PM

Jan 2017
NoobAsian said:
You're using the wrong word here, it's "masochists".

Do explain? Unless that is, you were joking?
I'm sure the term applies but for the sake of being practical i used three categories i felt were the broadest so as to apply to most cases.
Masochism - in the sense i'm sure you mean it - stems from patience, no?
“Join my wander, to a yonder. In search of the meaning from mystery & wonder ...
And when tragedy finds us, and breaks our bodies, we'll find peace in one shared mind.”

Mar 3, 2017 3:24 PM

Jan 2017
SecretWings said:
If I am watching an anime that I don't particularly like I finish watching it for various reasons:
1. I have a stubborn perfectionist personality which transcends over many parts of my life including anime.
2. I don't want to miss out on a good anime - sometimes it just takes a few episodes to really dive into it.
3. I put myself in the creator's shoes and know how crushed I would feel if someone didn't like my work. Of course, there are always gonna be critics and not everyone is going to like the same things that you do but I just can't help but think this way lol.

To keep the momentum going do you simultaneously watch other anime too?
I remember having your exact mindset but sometimes the challenges of life interrupt that boring 24 episode anime you're determined to finish ... and sometimes i felt i NEEDED to relax/enjoy/wind down ... and when times are tough the last thing i cared about was conforming to my stubborn anime no-drop policy lol. Is this not the case for you?

Mar 3, 2017 5:34 PM

Dec 2016
I never drop something intentionally. Just there is always something new to do and I always divert away to the next exciting thing.

(don't have a MAL list btw)
Mar 3, 2017 6:10 PM

Jan 2013
I was a completionist since I started watching anime only up to a few months ago where I decided to instead of keeping these titles on my on-hold as they were for years (Astro Boy which I watched in my class 2 years ago and was absolutely bored of it, and manga that were pretty much dead due to the mangaka or scanlator) to instead just drop it (if the manga picks up somehow, it goes back to reading). It wasn't my decision to watch something like that or for those manga to die so I kept it on my on-hold figuring I'll eventually get around to it but it never came around.

I don't care as much now about dropping things I've barely scratched the surface of (like SnK manga).
Mar 3, 2017 7:15 PM

Jan 2017
Milk_is_Special said:
How is it impossible for someone to appreciate the work people put into the anime they produce, and you complete the show the show to show it to them (Figuratively speaking)

What possible reason would someone have to show appreciation to an anime they don't respect enough to even consider 'good?'

You have my fascination ... but i never considered that people loved Anime itself so much that the phenomenon you figuratively suggest could be brought about.

What you've described i've felt before, but only for Anime i've considered 'good.' or at best a studio i've admired for some time now that i believe i owe support. Besides that, i just can't imagine people who watch hundreds of anime they admit is boring JUST to give their appreciation to all Anime Producers, good or bad.

Mar 3, 2017 7:29 PM

Sep 2016
Ah geez, this topic is one I often ponder about.
I'm one of those people you've mentioned that have high-tolerance/patience aswell as a policy where I don't drop shows. The reason behind that so called 'rule' is that once I start a show, it's kinda hard not to see what happens to the rest of it. I get curious as to how the progression and conclusion come out and that makes me not want to drop an anime. I have seen boring and frustating titles that made me want to drop them, but they eventually ended up being enjoyable enough. There is one special situation for me that I have to bring up though- Sakura Trick- I was completely fooled by the premise of this show and when I saw about 3/4s of the way through the pilot, I realized it was a little too much on the sexual side for me. I didn't really want my mom or somebody to come into my room thinking I'm watching some weird yuri stuff. I didn't watch anymore of that afterwards, but I don't consider that a drop or a watch. Many people will watch 1 or 2 episodes and drop an anime, which I myself think is flat out stupid. Watching 1 episode and saying you "watched" is like going on a 1 day diet and saying that you "dieted".
So in conclusion, I don't drop shows because I'm pretty tolerant and have a curiosity and I don't consider my special situation to be a drop.
Mar 3, 2017 7:48 PM

Feb 2013
44% drop rate here.

I don't have the time to watch all that garbage. If I don't want to see the next episode, I just drop it.

I always put them on my drop list. I don't want to make the mistake of trying to watch a bad anime again because I forgot I tried it and didn't like it years ago.
Mar 4, 2017 6:51 AM

Aug 2015
Yes OP you can watch 1000+ shows whitout dropping any.
-Read the tags (if you don't like ecchi/harem or maybe shoujo, or idk horror shows don't bother watching any with those tags)
-Read the short plot description
-Read maybe a few reviews
-Watch the PV
There are so many ways to check if an anime is worthwile for you, yet people somehow torture themselves through shows that are clearly not for them.
And it's actually those with 30%, 40%, 50% or more drop rates that want to be completionists. Like why watch anime at all when you're clearly not enjoying it. There is absolutely no good reason for the drop list to exist then to show someone how much time you wasted. Like, idk go do something else.

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Mar 4, 2017 7:10 AM
Mar 2011
Willow_Folk said:
RedInfinity said:
I think that if a show is shit and you can almost guarantee that it will stay this way, don't bother and savour your time.

^ That's always been my philosophy.
... there's thousands of titles out there and nobody can possibly recommend all the best ones that tailor to your preference. It appears to me when i see 1000+ total entries with not a single dropped title ... that they don't watch for enjoyment but more so competitively lol if that's even such a thing.

like who the fk is going to sit through Doraemon, Sgt Frog or Detective Conan.
How do you get upto episode 200 ... 300 ... 400 ... 500 ... 600 ... 700 ... 800 ect and rationalize "Even though all these episodes are the same ... the repetition is exciting!"

its easy i ifnd it harder to watch shorter shows
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 4, 2017 7:30 AM

Jun 2016
Patient "completionists". I have one dropped anime, only 3 more episodes to see. I will pick it up again one day.
Mar 4, 2017 7:47 AM

Jul 2012
So far I have only dropped 1 anime and it was only because I could not take the animation anymore. Everything else that I loose interest in watching I just put "On Hold" and come back to it in a while, but everything in my On Hold list I eventually plan on finishing.
Mar 4, 2017 8:12 AM

Jan 2016
Honestly, I have dropped 27 anime but most of those anime were the ones that I watch on television so I can't keep track of who knows how many episodes has it been (ex. Naruto, Bleach, Detective Conan, etc) and I watch them when they are available since I can't really follow anime from the very start when it has a hundred of episodes or more. So, should I move them out off the Drop list?

Although, 2 or 3 I have dropped because I really lost interest but I feel like I'm going to go back after I finished those that I am currently watching and those on-hold but I think it will take a lot of time especially when school or a job eats up most of your time.
"私のすぺてを変えま!" -The Strongest and Most Beautiful in the Universe, Herrscher of Sentience
Mar 4, 2017 1:52 PM

Apr 2014
Willow_Folk said:
Milk_is_Special said:
How is it impossible for someone to appreciate the work people put into the anime they produce, and you complete the show the show to show it to them (Figuratively speaking)

What possible reason would someone have to show appreciation to an anime they don't respect enough to even consider 'good?'

You have my fascination ... but i never considered that people loved Anime itself so much that the phenomenon you figuratively suggest could be brought about.

What you've described i've felt before, but only for Anime i've considered 'good.' or at best a studio i've admired for some time now that i believe i owe support. Besides that, i just can't imagine people who watch hundreds of anime they admit is boring JUST to give their appreciation to all Anime Producers, good or bad.
How can't I respect something I consider bad. I respect pretty much all music, does that mean I like most of it? Ofcourse not.
Mar 4, 2017 2:41 PM

Jan 2017
Milk_is_Special said:
How can't I respect something I consider bad. I respect pretty much all music, does that mean I like most of it? Ofcourse not.

I think you're bastardizing/down-playing what is truly "bad."
Come now, let's be honest there is a Line; be it drawn by your own preference.

I could list all the most disturbed anime titles - The Rapeman, Boku No Pico, Shitcom ect ect. If you're willing to admit you wouldn't watch these 'types', who's to say you aren't respecting their production > who's to say there's not other genres/producers who you truthfully don't respect.

I was raised under the impression that Respect was earned which is not to be confused with Courtesy. Courtesy may be without bounds but Respect in it's purest form of "deep admiration" does not extend to everyone whether you'd like to admit to not.

Mar 4, 2017 2:41 PM

Dec 2012
6% drop rate here. I know what I don't like and how to spot it right away so I don't even start watching it, and just avoid it altogether.

Brb said:
hazerddex said:

I pity whoever you were operating on at that time

Those poor souls, may they rest in peace.
KruszerMar 4, 2017 2:59 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Mar 4, 2017 2:45 PM

Jan 2017
BurntJelly said:
44% drop rate here.

I don't have the time to watch all that garbage. If I don't want to see the next episode, I just drop it.

I always put them on my drop list. I don't want to make the mistake of trying to watch a bad anime again because I forgot I tried it and didn't like it years ago.

Haha damn. I do respect 44%, though. Would you agree you fall under the perfectionist categorization?

-Also would you mind if i added your name to the Initial Post for 'Highest Drop Rate % In Thread?'

Mar 4, 2017 3:00 PM

Apr 2014
Willow_Folk said:
Milk_is_Special said:

I think you're bastardizing/down-playing what is truly "bad."
Come now, let's be honest there is a Line; be it drawn by your own preference.

I could list all the most disturbed anime titles - The Rapeman, Boku No Pico, Shitcom ect ect. If you're willing to admit you wouldn't watch these 'types', who's to say you aren't respecting their production > who's to say there's not other genres/producers who you truthfully don't respect.

I was raised under the impression that Respect was earned which is not to be confused with Courtesy. Courtesy may be without bounds but Respect in it's purest form of "deep admiration" does not extend to everyone whether you'd like to admit to not.
I've seen shitcom, which wasn't bad,as it was a great clay animation project. I know of Boku no Pico, but I'm not interested in gay child pornography, or rape for that matter.
Mar 5, 2017 8:31 AM

Feb 2013
Willow_Folk said:
Haha damn. I do respect 44%, though. Would you agree you fall under the perfectionist categorization?
Based on the way you describe it, yes, I would fall under the "perfectionist" categorization.
I continue to watch anime mostly for the occasional Madoka / Flip Flappers that pop up every few years.
Also, most anime sucks. I don't even bother to try the kiddie shows. So those don't even make it to my drop list.

Willow_Folk said:
-Also would you mind if i added your name to the Initial Post for 'Highest Drop Rate % In Thread?'
Go for it.
A little explanation for the high drop numbers... I didn't watch Madoka for a year after it was released because I thought it was a typical magical girl anime for 10-year-old girls. Now I try anything that appears slightly interesting in the hopes of not missing something special.
Mar 5, 2017 8:37 AM

Jan 2017
THEY JUST WATCH WHAT THEY LIKE

AND IF IT IS ECHI THEN ANY ECHI ANIME WILL DO IT BECAUSE IF IT IS THE CASE THE STORY DOESN'T IMPORT THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE
Mar 5, 2017 8:41 AM

Dec 2016
For some background info, I started reading manga years (probably 9-10 years) ago and I started watching anime half a year ago. My account is only 3 months old.

To be fair, a lot of the manga I read I give 5-20 chapters (depending on chapter length and overall series length) before I even add it to the list so in that sense of course I'm probably not going to officially "drop" any manga. Nothing has really pissed me enough in my mangas (even the shoujos) that just made me say "FUCK THIS AUTHOR. DROP. 1/10". Its not like I have 2,000 other mangas on my PTR. My manga list is for me and to know which ones I feel like rereading and so I wont accidentally repeat myself. Even now I probably have way more manga to add but I need to remember the names.

Now for anime. As I said I started watching 6 months ago (if you don't include my Naruto series marathon with my cousins years ago) and I pushed through watching all the mainstream harem/romance/ecchi animes and the "new hobby" rush helped me go through the 150+ animes I watched so far. Even the shitty ones that I don't want to watch the next season of I watch because "Fuck it. Why not." I'm at a burnout now and I miss my manga AND I've been reading more light novels lately so I'm probably only going to watch seasonal anime for now on.

I can definitely see myself dropping more seasonal anime's that I will watch but its not generally my philosophy to drop a 12 episode anime when I'm 7 episodes in. Doesn't really make much sense to me. I do understand if you'll drop something like Once Piece or Naruto or Bleach because its just so god damn long. Even now, I wont drop some of the current anime I'm not done with because one day I'll get bored and I'll finish it.
Mar 5, 2017 8:43 AM

Dec 2015
TBH I never add the anime I am going to drop. I prefer watching 1st 3 episodes of every anime which seems worth watching and then add it to my list or else drop it (I haven't added it to my list in the first place :P). It's rare to drop an anime you are watching while it is in the middle of its story.
Aug 2, 2022 6:55 PM
Dec 2014
For me I go with the 3 episode rule. If I don't pick up the show after 3 episodes I just delete it from my list rather than cluttering up my drop list. I use the drop list for shows that I got into but then for some reason or another lost interest.
If it is any show you ever seen a episode of but then didn't finish, I would be a lot less likely to check out random anime at the beginning of a season.
Aug 2, 2022 9:18 PM

Jan 2021
Ok, the guy above me really is bored as hell to go in a thread from 5 years ago. Anyway, it's been three years, and I only got a little over hundred shows completed. No drops, call me a completionist, but that's probably because I think a very long time before I even start an anime. It's either time well-spent or none at all.
Aug 2, 2022 9:23 PM
Jun 2019
yeah, i just don't like how it looks in my "drop" list so i leave it as "on-hold"
Aug 2, 2022 9:30 PM

Feb 2021
Niffum said:
For me I go with the 3 episode rule. If I don't pick up the show after 3 episodes I just delete it from my list rather than cluttering up my drop list. I use the drop list for shows that I got into but then for some reason or another lost interest.
If it is any show you ever seen a episode of but then didn't finish, I would be a lot less likely to check out random anime at the beginning of a season.

I do the same. If I don't like the series, I delete it from my watching list.
Aug 2, 2022 10:32 PM
Jul 2018
I won't deny the presence of some who may actually be patient with shows as everyone is different. But I do think that there are those with the completionist mindset that follow it because they don't want to get attacked by fans of series who may try to invalidate their opinions and ratings of shows since they didn't finish them. And then there are others who may enforce that mindset because they want to protect the ratings and watchability of their favorites.
Aug 2, 2022 10:52 PM

Oct 2014
Most people find it a waste of time to continue some anime, i find it a waste to drop it. There's still a lot that i learn from shows i don't like, especially when it comes to my own tastes.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Aug 3, 2022 12:20 AM

Jun 2022
Personally, I don't keep a "dropped" list, because it's not a stat that's important to me. I have no real reason or whatever. I guess I just don't like to document shit I'm not enjoying. I prefer to dismiss it, forget it, and move on. If I 'drop' something, I just remove it from my "watching" list. I feel like that's enough.

I don't rate anime and review anime either. If I was rating and reviewing anime, I'd keep a "drop list" for transparency sake.

I'm just here to keep a journal of shit I've watched, join in the discussion, meet fellow weebs, and make friends. ^_^
Aug 3, 2022 5:24 AM
Feb 2021
I am just a completionist and an optimist. So, I believe things can get good anytime in the future. And I just dislike seeing those drops, as it registers as incomplete in my mind. It leads to me finishing everything.
Aug 3, 2022 5:35 AM

Mar 2022
i only drop when the cringe is so next lvl that watching is a torture, even if its boring, i can watch but cringe just makes me wanna puke
Aug 3, 2022 6:30 AM

Feb 2010
There's definitely a lot of masochistic completionists who like to burden themselves by caring about pointless shit like completionism. I understand the compulsion, I don't understand not trying to fight against it because it makes the medium as a whole much less enjoyable.

And there's definitely also a lot of people who don't bother adding dropped shows to their list, so they're technically 'lying'.

And you also have the people who are lying to themselves by seeing themselves as someone who never drops stuff, but in reality they drop stuff, they just put it On-Hold and tell themselves they will finish it eventually, but everyone knows their on-hold list is the same as someone else's 'dropped' list.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 3, 2022 6:40 AM
Mar 2016
Why is a post from 2017 suddenly active?

Anyway it's simple : "Why watch a show u know u'll hate?" After watching some shows u'll get an exact idea of what u'll like and what u won't. Just don't watch what shows or genres u don't like.

For eg, I hate Yaoi so I stay away from them. Some shows indirectly have them like Banana Fish, but I don't mind since it has other better things to focus on.

Also some people are just impatient or just toxic that hate everything they watch. I like almost everything I watch. So I feel that I need to finish what I started. That's where the completionist comes from ig.
Aug 3, 2022 7:32 AM

Feb 2021
why add liars? i'd assume no user with strong sense of completionism would oust themselves for manipulating lists, nor can others just blindly accuse them of such— until proven otherwise.

i do not drop shows, but i've had moments when i'll discontinue a show prior to adding them into my lists. i personally don't think it counts as dropping for the sole reason it was not registered. that, and i have the option to limit my choices to, mostly, films and 12-ep series, so on top of that, i'm also just very patient.
Aug 3, 2022 7:42 AM

Aug 2019
Well I'm one of them. I usually don't pick those animes that I know I won't enjoy. Else, if I'm not liking it then I give it some time to become better

Aug 3, 2022 7:57 AM
Feb 2022
My list it's still pretty short in my opinion, and so far it's count with the hands the titles that i considered boring, but since they where short 12 episodes animes, i decided to finish them.
Some examples: Shigurui , Urasekai Picnic, and Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

97 by APolygons2 »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

182 by StyxParadise »»
7 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

23 by Ex-Aid »»
28 minutes ago

» Is "Magnetic Rose" considered a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - 37 minutes ago

0 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
37 minutes ago

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

11 by Ex-Aid »»
48 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.