Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2017 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An uprising and a heavy duty to bear...

Damn, Tanya has to endure all of this. In the meantime, I think the episode had a nice balanced pace of action and dialogues. Apparently, the enemies are The Republican Army but I guess it got complicated as civilians decided to join them. Tanya's personality shows a lot this episode imo as she isn't going to let that compromise a mission.

Stark700Mar 3, 2017 8:02 AM
Mar 3, 2017 6:12 AM

Jul 2008
Whoah, I can't believe that guy was alive at the end >;O

Mar 3, 2017 7:47 AM
Apr 2011
skyUFO said:
Whoah, I can't believe that guy was alive at the end >;O

and still annoying ...
Mar 3, 2017 8:00 AM
Feb 2017
This Anime is really close to becoming a Anime Original if that guy don't die this season.
Mar 3, 2017 8:08 AM
Jul 2014
pall_haigoli said:
This Anime is really close to becoming a Anime Original if that guy don't die this season.
if that happen let's rename it to youjo senki : alternative
Mar 3, 2017 8:09 AM
Dec 2011
pall_haigoli said:

Most likely they make him as a seasonal boss to the anime since it's only 12 episodes for now.
Betting he will still die, just later than LN.
Mar 3, 2017 8:10 AM

May 2012
Pretty dark episode.

New ED too and I'm really digging it

Mar 3, 2017 8:19 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I love the new ED song....Seems very fitting with the current tone of the show

This episode overall was pretty dark and brutal and was a great representation of the impact of war on a city filled with civilians.....I felt bad for the innocent but the dumbass militants are at fault for this

This episode really puts ones morals into check but honestly, I agreed with Tanya every step of the way. Yes its fucked up to kill innocents and especially kids but that's just how war is.....There will be causalities.

I also found it to be quite ironic how those two commanders in Tanya's squad ended up in this ep...Blondie was annoying me but seeing his have that psychological breakdown was pretty realistic if you ask me

Great episode overall and I loved the directing of this episode particularly during the action scenes....But that post credits scene tho....

BEING X WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE LOL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....I was hoping that this wasn't going to happen but FUCKKK lol, this is going to be interesting to see play out
Mar 3, 2017 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

The Republican unit tried their best to stop Tanya's battalion by trying to set up some traps but too bad for them, Tanya's unit wrecked them anyway. Technically I'm just saying the action was awesome as usual. xD

Still the episode showcased the really brutal and ruthless nature of the empire, no shit was given about artillery fire on civilians turned militia or not. Destroy your enemy before he actually becomes your enemy I guess, kinda felt sad for the medic guy who didn't wanna kill innocent people. Tanya sure forced him to face the reality straight on.

Oh wow, the guy at the end is still alive, he seems to have received some kind of blessing from 'Being X', I guess he'll be Tanya's main opponent now? Should be interesting.
Mar 3, 2017 8:28 AM

Dec 2015
That's why you don't mess with Tanya, orders are absolute!

Being X is interfering again, damn him.
joe_g7Mar 3, 2017 10:55 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 3, 2017 8:31 AM
Jan 2016
STOP CHEATING BEING X!
Mar 3, 2017 8:46 AM

Feb 2011
Wow this is probably the darkest point of anime I've seen in a while, and it isn't forced nor is it small scale. It is just truly horrifying that this stuff actually happens and has happened. Still things like this make an anime unique and great, in some way.
Mar 3, 2017 9:10 AM

Dec 2014
well that was graphic...the soldier that made that face.........it deep how it shown in realistic terms....
Mar 3, 2017 9:11 AM

Jan 2015
The Battalion member learn about another "harsh" truth of war.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 3, 2017 9:12 AM

Jun 2015
This was a very dark episode. Action is good as usual. The Republicans tried to stop Tanya, but they couldn't. The Empire were very ruthless. Anyone was considered enemies in the city, even civilians. Warren Grantz couldn't handle it. He didn't want to kill civilians. Tanya made him face the harsh reality. I'm surprised the guy at the end is alive. He has some powers now. He may pose as a challenge to Tanya.
Mar 3, 2017 9:31 AM

Nov 2015
We have a new ED.. No Los! Los! Los! this time. And that guy didn't die?

Mar 3, 2017 9:35 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty dark but interesting episode, but I think I'm more intrigued that the commander guy from the fjord battle is still alive and has clearly been blessed by Being X, who apparently just can't play fair (and is exceptionally petty for one who is supposed to be God).
Mar 3, 2017 10:12 AM
Feb 2017
Do anyone know the full lyrics to this new ending? Because it might give us a clue on what will happen in the end to decide if they are going to do an anime original ending or not.
Mar 3, 2017 10:16 AM

Apr 2013
Whole episode is almost anime original, vaguely inspired by the event in the novel. Episode 7 already had a huge difference but now it's even clearer.

New ending is nice.
Mar 3, 2017 10:20 AM

Oct 2012
Mmmmm that ED was <3
For those wondering, the new ED is already out, it was part of the Los! Los! Los! album. I've already listened to it for approximately 4 hours total xD

Really dark themes going on, was surprised that guy didn't die, and it seems Being X gave him powers too? Going by the general reaction I'm guessing this wasn't what happened in the LN?
Sigh, I should really start on the LN.

Very good overall for me, loved how it handled the subject matter and they played that beautiful ED too! Welp time to go listen to the full glorious song again
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 3, 2017 10:27 AM

Feb 2011
gust11 said:
Mmmmm that ED was <3
For those wondering, the new ED is already out, it was part of the Los! Los! Los! album. I've already listened to it for approximately 4 hours total xD

Really dark themes going on, was surprised that guy didn't die, and it seems Being X gave him powers too? Going by the general reaction I'm guessing this wasn't what happened in the LN?

Very good overall for me, loved how it handled the subject matter and they played that beautiful ED too! Welp time to go listen to the full glorious song again

From what is currently translated they are only up to episode 5 which is v2 chapter 1 Dacian War
Mar 3, 2017 10:33 AM

Jun 2016
Well You're really don't want to abandoned your own mission to the superiors

Having the worst possible scenario and for having a special treatments could either ended up as a lowlife and petty livestock...

And Here we are... the war ain't so big for the people to suffer on such crucial sinister fate..

Being X... What miracles did you plan on getting rid of the devil...

Honestly This episode is way darker since the last ep...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2017 10:33 AM

Feb 2011
Who declare war in the first place? empire or the allies?
Mar 3, 2017 10:36 AM
Feb 2017
Skyrim said:
The Entente Alliance try to show off to much and the empire was having none of that. So I guess it was the Entente Alliance after their soldiers got bombed in episode 2.
Mar 3, 2017 10:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Pretty intense and graphic episode. Tanya is getting a nemesis too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 3, 2017 10:47 AM

May 2015
(the arrows are quotes from my post in the previous discussion)

>I wasn't expecting the father to just die when he prayed. Maybe some sort of a power boost of sorts at the very least, will probably see Tanya getting punished in some form down the road and I can't wait to see what will happen!

Well I was spot on wasn't I, turns out at the end the father is seen to be alive in a hospital bed with his eyes tinted with gold and one last objective from "God" himself.

Kill the Devil of the Rhine.

>Looks like she is still taking "Being X" lightly, so we will maybe get someone that can test the limits of her power in battle. I don't think Erich will let her get this much attention and power so we can see some conflict between them happen.

Looks like he has gotten around or even more of an upgrade that Tanya has received through Being X, making this anime more suspenseful down the road. I'm interested to see what Zettour has in store for her aswell.
“You choose to be hurt rather than to hurt others, right?
You’re nice and wonderful.
But while it seems like you are choosing both,
you’re really forsaking both.”
Mar 3, 2017 11:04 AM

Jul 2013
What a brutal episode. They basically commited genocide. I wonder if this event will break the faith Tanya's subordinates have on her, because the blonde soldier ended psychologically bad after being forced to kill innocent people.
The gaze of hate of that civilian was very heartwrenching. Such cruelty war is after all.

I don't know you guys, but when the general von Zettour opened his eyes with that declaration, I got really surprised. In anime, if a character whose eyes remains closed the 90% of time opens then, you know shit is about to hit the fan.

I was also surprised when it was revealed that Anson Sioux was saved by Being X. I totally didn't saw that comming. Judging by the comments of the previous episode I thought
but it seems we will stick with him for a while. Now his appearence in the opening has more sense.

The ending song is nice, but I liked Los! Los! Los! better.
Mar 3, 2017 11:18 AM

Aug 2015
Zefyris said:
Whole episode is almost anime original, vaguely inspired by the event in the novel. Episode 7 already had a huge difference but now it's even clearer.

New ending is nice.

Is that bad? or the anime original were fine ?

the guy is alive so we can I have a final "boss" this season. And if they go with that it shouldn´t be a problem and will match with the LN (I didn´t read the LN so this event might affect the all thing)
Mar 3, 2017 11:20 AM

Oct 2012
dim100 said:
gust11 said:
Mmmmm that ED was <3

From what is currently translated they are only up to episode 5 which is v2 chapter 1 Dacian War
Oh I see, that's a shame. I'll probably still pick it up, since I do quite enjoy it and would like to get a slightly more detailed view on the starting bits.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 3, 2017 11:29 AM

Apr 2014
So Being X is like "Ugh, I fucked up sending Tanya to that other world. Now I need to fuck it up again by giving the same power to a guy that has a huge grudge on her and let them fight each other".

And... WTH happened to "Los! Los! Los!"? This new ending doesn't even have 1% of the awesomeness of the first ED. Seriously, if the ending will be a filler then screw you, Being X!
Mar 3, 2017 11:38 AM

Sep 2014
Nice episode. I was actually expecting her to announce the attack, give the civilians a chance to escape (just for show obviously, but legalizing an attack that way)
and burning the whole city to ashes.

I have the feeling Tanya slowly goes from just career fixated to actually enyoing the slaughter. Nice.

I really REALLY hope when Tanya meets Beeing X new toy she will just end it quickly, showing her skills once again. (Because it would be .. mehh if he becomes her rival or something)

Liked the old ED much more. The new one is not aggressive enough.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 3, 2017 11:55 AM

Apr 2013
CT_BINO said:
Zefyris said:

New ending is nice.

the guy is alive so we can I have a final "boss" this season. And if they go with that it shouldn´t be a problem and will match with the LN (I didn´t read the LN so this event might affect the all thing)

That's a weird question to ask, considering you watched the episode yourself so you can judge if you like it or not just like me :p.
As for if it's good compared to the novel, that's still cannot be answered because it's completely different It's like FMA anime and manga,n they followed a different route, I personally enjoyed that anime and I enjoyed the manga. The last scene of this episode pretty much announce an anime original ending btw. There's no reason of making him alive if they were following the novel, since they're not supposed to return to the north any time soon IIRC.

As for me, they changed drastically some of the scenes I really liked in the novel in episode 7 and 8, so I'm not happy about it since I find their "replacement" far too generic and boring in comparison, but hey, as long as it sells and peoples enjoy, it's fine.

Direct consequence is that I'm becoming really uninterested in looking at peoples ' opinion of YS episodes since episode 7, because no matter what their opinion are, it's not going to be an opinion about novel content anyway.
Mar 3, 2017 12:11 PM
Feb 2017
I think I know how they can squeeze him into the ending, but I don't know how Tanya and Anson battle will play out.

Will Tanya die in this final battle to conclude this series forever? or will he get his ass kick again and died for the finale time and let his daughter take up arms against Tanya if their is a next season?
Mar 3, 2017 12:41 PM
Jan 2016
pall_haigoli said:
I think I know how they can squeeze him into the ending, but I don't know how Tanya and Anson battle will play out.

Will Tanya die in this final battle to conclude this series forever? or will he get his ass kick again and died for the finale time and let his daughter take up arms against Tanya if their is a next season?

That's the question.....
I also thought about the power lvl of Anson....
What being X gave to Anson is .... different to Tanya's I think ....
She received a (what was the name of those Power Crystals? ;) )
and Anson seems to receiving a "gift" "directly" from Being X into his Body, because his eye color changed to gold without any crystals. So pretty much stuff to think about :3
Mar 3, 2017 12:44 PM

Mar 2013
Zefyris said:
CT_BINO said:

That's a weird question to ask, considering you watched the episode yourself so you can judge if you like it or not just like me :p.
As for if it's good compared to the novel, that's still cannot be answered because it's completely different It's like FMA anime and manga,n they followed a different route, I personally enjoyed that anime and I enjoyed the manga. The last scene of this episode pretty much announce an anime original ending btw. There's no reason of making him alive if they were following the novel, since they're not supposed to return to the north any time soon IIRC.

As for me, they changed drastically some of the scenes I really liked in the novel in episode 7 and 8, so I'm not happy about it since I find their "replacement" far too generic and boring in comparison, but hey, as long as it sells and peoples enjoy, it's fine.

Direct consequence is that I'm becoming really uninterested in looking at peoples ' opinion of YS episodes since episode 7, because no matter what their opinion are, it's not going to be an opinion about novel content anyway.

The way I see it, they may not have a second season guaranteed so they are looking to build what they would consider to be a satisfying ending for the anime. This does make me curious enough to seek out the light novels and see just how different they are though. I'm really enjoying the anime so far, though Tanya is a bit TOO dominating on the battlefield in later episodes. (hard to build up that tension when you aren't even getting a little injured)
Mar 3, 2017 12:51 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Looks like being x just found himself his next puppet :>
Mar 3, 2017 12:54 PM

Apr 2016
Quite rare and impressive : an anime where the MC is directly involved in the killing of children, women and all civilians and she doesn't try anything to avoid the mass killing. Tanya did even justify the killing of children :"they will become our enemy".

At least one can say it is realistic, since that's what many soldiers have done during WWII.
Ysad_ZiwezhanMar 3, 2017 11:21 PM
Mar 3, 2017 12:59 PM

Jan 2015
The animation was pretty bad this week, especially the CGI

Other than that, great episode as always
Mar 3, 2017 1:24 PM
Jan 2014
While what they are doing is terrible, I like how this show doesn't pull any punches.
Mar 3, 2017 1:38 PM

Jun 2011
I wonder if this episode can convince warmongering Americans who wish to bomb cities to solve their problems that they're not up their in the moral ladder.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Mar 3, 2017 2:08 PM
Sep 2016
Very realistic portrait of war, Both parties are guilty.
Mar 3, 2017 2:20 PM

Sep 2013
A reminder that War is truly is Hell.

Great episode.
Mar 3, 2017 2:30 PM

Sep 2012
Zefyris said:
CT_BINO said:

Well that is sad to hear...
Mar 3, 2017 2:33 PM
Oct 2009
What the hell did the Republic expect would happen? They staged a rebellion inside a city, armed militias, killed PoWs and other people. They were warned in advance that anyone who remains would be seen as a combatant.

Their reaction was to keep everyone, including children and actual civilians right there using them as human shields. Instead of fighting the Republican mages turned tail and tried to use the same civilians as shields.

This is the equivalent of certain groups using hospitals and schools as places for their artillery emplacements and ammunition depots.

Skyrim said:

Allies. Entente basically walked an army into the Empire's territory expecting to just show off/take it. Empire hammered them. Republic used the chance to invade the Empire in turn, Dakia joined in later.

Ahegyao said:
I wonder if this episode can convince warmongering Americans who wish to bomb cities to solve their problems that they're not up their in the moral ladder.

Not even American myself but, seriously? You missed the part where the Republic instigated an armed uprising, used civilians as shields and happily killed PoWs and others amongst a whole bunch of other things?

By that logic, I could strap a bunch of babies to myself and start shooting up places. Then when anyone tries to stop me I get to take the moral high ground, calling them violent baby murderers.
Mar 3, 2017 3:02 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Jesus, they really pushed the boundaries in this episode. Morality vs. logical thinking in war. That was very well done. I understand both parties.
Mar 3, 2017 3:09 PM

May 2015
Ohh this episode was really good.

Nice, another person got god boost. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 3, 2017 3:25 PM

Sep 2013
Tanya's suggestions are accepted and the war rules is used to wipe out the enemy and the civilians XD and people actually think these stupid rules mean anything in real war.

This guy was elated to kill enemy scum then got cried like a pssy after thing got real.
Mar 3, 2017 3:30 PM
Apr 2009
That was a nice mini twist near the end. The entire episode builds you up as Tanya just "following orders" from the moment she is having the meeting with a senior commander all the way to when she tells the 2nd Lt. to take up his gun and shoot.

But it turns out, she wrote the book on how to "legally" fight / bombard cities. Very crafty as always Tanya.
Mar 3, 2017 3:43 PM

Mar 2014
I swear I have heard that ed before somewhere o.o
Mar 3, 2017 3:50 PM

Jun 2011
Deleth said:

Not even American myself but, seriously? You missed the part where the Republic instigated an armed uprising, used civilians as shields and happily killed PoWs and others amongst a whole bunch of other things?

By that logic, I could strap a bunch of babies to myself and start shooting up places. Then when anyone tries to stop me I get to take the moral high ground, calling them violent baby murderers.

While I'm not condoning what the Republic did was ethical, the point of my message is to try to bring those armchair wannabe generals who spout warmongering shit comfortably away from actual hell down to Earth and maybe, just maybe rekindle their humanity.

ichii_1 said:
Tanya's suggestions are accepted and the war rules is used to wipe out the enemy and the civilians XD and people actually think these stupid rules mean anything in real war.

This guy was elated to kill enemy scum then got cried like a pssy after thing got real.

Killing civilians because of "collateral" damage =/= killing soldiers

Being a soldier doesn't mean throwing away your morals.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

186 by Phixiately »»
Apr 16, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2017

141 by Phixiately »»
Apr 15, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

290 by suyumanda »»
Apr 10, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

312 by Phixiately »»
Apr 10, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

447 by Phixiately »»
Apr 8, 9:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.