Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Koi wa Ameagari no You ni' Gets Anime Adaptation

New
Mar 1, 2017 2:51 AM

Nov 2007
The 14th issue of this year's Big Comic Spirits magazine has announced that manga Koi wa Ameagari no You ni will receive a TV anime adaptation that will air in Winter 2018 via the noitaminA programming block on Fuji TV, among other stations. The issue will officially be released on March 6. An official website has opened, revealing a key visual (pictured) for the upcoming anime.

Synopsis
Akira Tachibana is a soft-spoken high school student who used to be a part of the track and field club but, due to an injury, she is no longer able to run as fast as she once could. Working part-time at a family restaurant as a recourse, she finds herself inexplicably falling love with her manager, a divorced 45-year-old man with a young son.

Despite the age gap, Akira wholeheartedly embraces his mannerisms and kind nature, which is seen as spinelessness by the other employees, and little by little, the two begin to understand each other. Although unable to explain why exactly she is attracted to him, Akira believes that a concrete reason is not needed to truly love someone. On a rainy day, she decides to finally tell her manager about how she feels...but just how will he react?

The series is drawn by Jun Mayuzuki and was initially serialized in Monthly Big Comic Spirits in June 2014, before transferring to Weekly Big Comic Spirits in January 2016. The manga currently has six volumes in print, with the seventh volume to be released on March 10. In 2016, Koi wa Ameagari no You ni was nominated for the 9th Manga Taisho Award and ranked 4th in the Kono Manga ga Sugoi! male readers division.

Announcement PV

Official site: http://www.koiame-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @koianme_anime

Source: Otakomu, Moca News

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni on MAL
NaruleachMar 2, 2017 11:46 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2017 3:00 AM

Jul 2015
"Falling in love with divorced 45 years old man"
No thx
Mar 1, 2017 3:02 AM

Oct 2016
Interesting plot. I'm excited for it! I wonder which studio will produce it though.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Mar 1, 2017 3:04 AM

Dec 2015
Suprised to see its seinen and not josei. Notheless sounds good enough
Mar 1, 2017 3:08 AM

Nov 2011
Good news, I actually enjoy reading this but I really hope they pick a good VA for Akira.

Studio-wise...idk, maybe Production IG?
I want this to have an expression with the artwork similar to Ao Haru Ride.
Mar 1, 2017 3:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ehh this could either be great or incredibly awkward depending on the writing
Mar 1, 2017 3:12 AM

Jun 2016
I've seen Nazo no Kanojo... Art style.... IMO But this is much giving me a mature vibes.. <3

Oyaji Romance??... Well This is new to me :) <3
HikiNEET021Mar 1, 2017 4:03 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2017 3:26 AM

Feb 2007
Now this is some excellent news, definitely looking forward to see this in an anime version as well.
Mar 1, 2017 3:29 AM

Apr 2014
And another one I was planning to read..
Mar 1, 2017 3:32 AM

Jul 2015
Kurt said:
great

another self-insert anime for all the 40 something yr old japanese men out there

So cynical, there cannot be love after 40 it seems, only masturbation.
Mar 1, 2017 3:35 AM

Dec 2015
BlueBalls said:
Kurt said:
great

another self-insert anime for all the 40 something yr old japanese men out there

So cynical, there cannot be love after 40 it seems, only masturbation.

Yep fully agree..
Mar 1, 2017 3:41 AM
Feb 2012
Sounds illegal or at least potentially so.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 1, 2017 3:45 AM

Oct 2016
Wow, now that's a news I want to hear. One of my favorite ongoing romance series. Just hoping the studio will be able to capture the stunning art style in anime form.
Mar 1, 2017 4:00 AM

Feb 2017
As much as i enjoy reading that manga. Wouldn't be awkward to turn it into an anime?
I mean i love age-gap romances esp if the older guy is handsome and sweet or wicked & cool but this one is kinda...

The manga wouldn't be the same without the female MC's character, she makes me want to cheer her up and stuff but that old guy is just meh, plus the age-gap is too... So i'm wondering who would like his character in an anime other than 40 something male viwers?

I honestly think that other great manga could have been adapted instead of this one. But maybe the anime adaptation will be as heart-warming as the manga... I'm quite unsure about that though.
" I and the public know What all schoolchildren learn,
Those to whom evil was done Do evil in return " W. H. Auden

Mar 1, 2017 4:12 AM

Mar 2015
imma just grab muh popcorn and wait for it reaction... this should be glorious...

Rachmaninow said:
Sounds illegal or at least potentially so.

illegal? not really since the age of consent in 16... doesn't change the fact that society not really welcomed it.. well, it's part of drama in most age gap stories anyways...

noufa_kisaki said:
As much as i enjoy reading that manga. Wouldn't be awkward to turn it into an anime?
I mean i love age-gap romances esp if the older guy is handsome and sweet or wicked & cool but this one is kinda...

The manga wouldn't be the same without the female MC's character, she makes me want to cheer her up and stuff but that old guy is just meh, plus the age-gap is too... So i'm wondering who would like his character in an anime other than 40 something male viwers?

I honestly think that other great manga could have been adapted instead of this one. But maybe the anime adaptation will be as heart-warming as the manga... I'm quite unsure about that though.

surprisingly, this manga is really well received...

it nominated in some awards (i don't know why @tsubasalover didn't mentioned it since the mal page it self said so) and sales amazing around 100K IIRC...

also assuming you read english translation, it still has too few information about why she fall in love in him...
KumaMar 1, 2017 4:16 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 1, 2017 4:17 AM
Mar 2010
While I am a fan of age gap romance where the male is older than the female, this seems to be a little too much. The guy is old enough to be her father.

Hmm...
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 1, 2017 4:17 AM

Apr 2012
I would like to joke that "we must now wait for the anime about incest and pedophilia," but similar anime is already scheduled for the following seasons, lol.

phoenixalia said:
While I am a fan of age gap romance where the male is older than the female, this seems to be a little too much. The guy is old enough to be her father.

Hmm...

This is not a shoujo, so it is unlikely. Although..
RobertBobertMar 1, 2017 4:23 AM
Mar 1, 2017 4:43 AM

Jun 2013
More age gap romance is good. You could find a fuckton in manga but not in anime. Would watch I guess. Haven't watched a decent one since Koi Kaze.

Is it drama or comedy centric?
ImpalaMar 1, 2017 4:51 AM
Mar 1, 2017 4:48 AM

Apr 2014
It is sad when young kids on this forum have no idea about the real world let alone love criticizing age gaps and being extremely ethnocentric. Get out of your little world bubble of thinking before speaking on different cultures let alone something that is common in even our own culture (assuming we are all from western societies). 45 is fairly young by today's standards. And forget all that, people in high school aren't babies they are conscious young adults who understand their actions. Don't assume everyone is on the same immature wavelength as you because you didn't grow up.

As for this piece of fiction, I have no qualms with it, in fact I find it rather interesting.
Mar 1, 2017 4:59 AM

Nov 2007
Kuma said:
it nominated in some awards (i don't know why @tsubasalover didn't mentioned it since the mal page it self said so)
I did mention it, didn't I? What did I miss?
In 2016, Koi wa Ameagari no You ni was nominated for the 9th Manga Taisho Award and ranked 4th in the Kono Manga ga Sugoi! male readers division.
This is from the manga db.
Mar 1, 2017 5:10 AM

Feb 2012
It seems there's a lot more "mature" romance shows coming out recently, there's Kuzu no Honkai, then that manga with a girl and the priest where they said it will be really sexual, and now this.

Anyway the premise for this looks like every high school girl's dream : the manga.
Mar 1, 2017 5:14 AM

Feb 2017
@Kuma Yeah i know, i'm one of the fans too. I read it and i like it a lot. But an anime is another story.

Yeah, i read the english-translated version online on magazone. That's true. I honestly forgot how she fell for him, all i remember that it was fast and abrupt but cute.

Mar 1, 2017 5:18 AM

Jan 2012
Yes! The manga is very good, this should be too!
Mar 1, 2017 5:18 AM

Apr 2014
I don't care at all about the whole age gap thing, they're fucking drawings. What I really care about is whether or not the romance actually goes anywhere, and considering the nature of these types of series, I highly doubt. They always find a way to keep up the status quo.
Mar 1, 2017 5:19 AM

Oct 2014
moodie said:
It is sad when young kids on this forum have no idea about the real world let alone love criticizing age gaps and being extremely ethnocentric. Get out of your little world bubble of thinking before speaking on different cultures let alone something that is common in even our own culture (assuming we are all from western societies). 45 is fairly young by today's standards. And forget all that, people in high school aren't babies they are conscious young adults who understand their actions. Don't assume everyone is on the same immature wavelength as you because you didn't grow up.

As for this piece of fiction, I have no qualms with it, in fact I find it rather interesting.

Thank you, somebody with sense
Mar 1, 2017 5:23 AM

Mar 2015
tsubasalover said:
Kuma said:
it nominated in some awards (i don't know why @tsubasalover didn't mentioned it since the mal page it self said so)
I did mention it, didn't I? What did I miss?
In 2016, Koi wa Ameagari no You ni was nominated for the 9th Manga Taisho Award and ranked 4th in the Kono Manga ga Sugoi! male readers division.
This is from the manga db.

uggh..i think i need to sleep...

noufa_kisaki said:
@Kuma Yeah i know, i'm one of the fans too. I read it and i like it a lot. But an anime is another story.

Yeah, i read the english-translated version online on magazone. That's true. I honestly forgot how she fell for him, all i remember that it was fast and abrupt but cute.

i don't even remeber there was any explanation yet...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 1, 2017 5:30 AM

Aug 2009
WOW! best news all day, i really love this manga!
Mar 1, 2017 5:56 AM

Dec 2015
It could be interesting as long as it's not about a love story. I have difficulties when it comes to characters less than 18years old "losing time" with older ones, unless it's some sort of step toward adulthood like in this movie A summer of 42)

@Rachmaninow Last time I heard about it, the japanese sexual consent age threshold was 13years old.
And in the 80s, I think it was possible for a 16year old girl to marry an 18+ man.
Mar 1, 2017 6:27 AM

Feb 2017
@Kuma
i don't even remeber there was any explanation yet...

Well it is explained in the synopsis : " she finds herself inexplicably falling love with her manager " " Although unable to explain why exactly she is attracted to him, , Akira believes that a concrete reason is not needed to truly love someone ".

So even she, herself, doesn't know why. And doesn't feel like there should be a "reason" to love someone. She just does.

The great thing about this manga is that it portrays her feelings well. In such a sincere, genuine way. You could feel she loves him even if you don't know why but once you start reading, you'll slowly understand how she fell for him... You just can feel it somehow.

Mar 1, 2017 7:11 AM

Aug 2015
moodie said:

"Falling in love with divorced 45 years old man"
No thx /s
Mar 1, 2017 8:01 AM

Jun 2015
It depends on whether you prefer a mediocre or a disgusting premise.
Mar 1, 2017 8:03 AM

Dec 2015
A high school girl and a middle aged man? I hope there won't be any evil twists somewhere in the story.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 1, 2017 8:54 AM

Jul 2007
Working part-time at a family restaurant as a recourse, she finds herself inexplicably falling love with her manager, a divorced 45-year-old man with a young son.

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiikes.

Is author a divorced dude suffering midlife crisis? Because this sounds like self inserting.
AhenshihaelMar 1, 2017 9:02 AM
Mar 1, 2017 9:06 AM

Sep 2013
DILF needs love too XD
Mar 1, 2017 9:36 AM

May 2015
Fai said:
Working part-time at a family restaurant as a recourse, she finds herself inexplicably falling love with her manager, a divorced 45-year-old man with a young son.

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiikes.

Is author a divorced dude suffering midlife crisis? Because this sounds like self inserting.

Not everything is a self-insert.

Mar 1, 2017 10:10 AM

Jun 2016
Heyyyyy.... I mean it's romance nothing's wrong about it...

As long as they maintain they're status.. and never deepen their relationship
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2017 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
Romance+seinen sounds fun.I don't remember watching rom+seinen so this will be interesting.

I think if setting was opposite, the old man fall for that young girl, then it would be more nice for me.
Mar 1, 2017 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
moodie said:

^ This is pretty much my entire thoughts while reading the comments (To be honest I don't even get the reason why people got triggered over it, and not to mention some people have double standards here. If its a show regarding on age gap between 10 year old difference then it's wrong. But when it comes to this + seinen then they still complain... what)

Aside from that I do find it interesting, I'm not into the Seinen Genre much but some series are really getting to me recently.

Fai said:

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiikes.

Not really? .-. I mean I don't really see self inserting here in all honesty. Then again, anyone can see it differently.
Mar 1, 2017 1:36 PM

Jun 2008
Sounds like something i might enjoy :)
Mar 1, 2017 2:00 PM

Nov 2007
Well, this is great news! I was a bit reluctant to read it in the past but I just recently started reading it and I have to say the manga is quite beautifully written. The panels are so artistically drawn that it brings a lot of emotions up front. Even though Akira is seventeen, we can clearly see that her way of thinking is different from her classmates. Also, Kondou is a very matured guy as expected of him being a 45 year old.

Age gap romance is nothing new in manga. Some of my favourite manga deals with that aspect but to actually see an adaptation is really rare.

That said, this is probably not for everyone because many people find age gap a very sensitive issue, needless to say when one of the two is in their teens.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 1, 2017 2:12 PM

Oct 2013
moodie said:

My sentiments exactly. People morality signal about something like this, but of course such relationships have occurred forever. When was writing invented? Maybe 5000 years ago. It's safe to assume there have been Spring and Autumn relationships since before then.
Mar 1, 2017 7:30 PM

Feb 2017
HikiNEET021 said:

There's nothing romantic about what you just wrote! It's a damn boring one-sided miserable crush. That's not romance, that's depression xD

If you want to see some "romance" between them but don't want them to deepen it, then watch a show that has mindless flirting and no strings-attached relationships with no real emotional connections between characters in it. Not a romance.

Mar 1, 2017 7:34 PM

Feb 2017
SkyDrop said:
Romance+seinen sounds fun.I don't remember watching rom+seinen so this will be interesting.

I think if setting was opposite, the old man fall for that young girl, then it would be more nice for me.

I think that will just make it sound creepy, he'll be called a pedophile for sure. So instead of him taking all the blame at once and being hated. Why not let the cute highschool girl fall for a fatherly figure? It looks cuter.

I for one, don't mind who falls first, but a lot of annoying otakus will find a way to attack that kind of setting.

Mar 1, 2017 8:48 PM

Jan 2008
moodie said:

And since when high school students are mature and conscious young adults who understand their actions? I think it's totally normal for a girl in her teenage year to be infatuated with an older man but that doesn't mean this relationship will work. Teenagers are still young who don't really weigh the outcome of their actions and sadly most of them are shallow and immature these days. If we're talking about kids in the past, then maybe but I'm sorry that kids nowadays are totally irresponsible and shallow. Maybe you are or were mature for your age but that doesn't mean everyone is.

I don't mind age gaps but I guess we all can agree that a teenager marrying a man in his 40s is a bit too much, don't you think so? Yes, someone in his 40s is still considered young by today's standards but that doesn't mean he's young enough to marry a teenager. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. It does, but it's still not that widely accepted. If you're going to argue that love conquers all, then I'm sorry to say that love doesn't always last and in a lot of cases, what people considered love was mostly infatuation and attraction. Also, I think that a young girl would most probably end up getting tired of living with someone her father's age.
Mar 1, 2017 9:16 PM

Jun 2016
noufa_kisaki said:
HikiNEET021 said:

There's nothing romantic about what you just wrote! It's a damn boring one-sided miserable crush. That's not romance, that's depression xD

If you want to see some "romance" between them but don't want them to deepen it, then watch a show that has mindless flirting and no strings-attached relationships with no real emotional connections between characters in it. Not a romance.

You had a point... but it's just interaction I guess?... Dating could be too much...
And The manager doesn't agree by just accepting her... without an excuse... He doesn't want her to suffer... :(
Mar 1, 2017 9:25 PM

Jan 2014
HELL YES !!!!!

LOVED READING THIS CUTE MANGA

CAN'T WAIT <3
Mar 1, 2017 9:55 PM

Feb 2017
HikiNEET021 said:

You had a point... but it's just interaction I guess?... Dating could be too much...
And The manager doesn't agree by just accepting her... without an excuse... He doesn't want her to suffer... :(

You know that's just hypocrisy. As for the manager, he'll most likely accept her feelings sooner or later.
When age-gaps romances happen, the creators try hard to make it seem impossible and just one-sided.
It's just anime/manga trying too hard to rationalize some stuff. So they'll make the older male -being "mature" and "rational" as he is- a little against it. Because heck, if he falls fast and not give it much thought, he'll just look lame and perverted (and it sucked being old, pathetic and perverted). So "make-believe" objection always works at some point (it could drag the plot a bit but then everything gets mysteriously resolved like in all shoujo manga xD)

So it's more like a tactic/strategy or just something to add to the "drama" going on. Cuz if there isn't any opposition to it (social pressure, old guy/lil girl being unsecure and not sure about it etc) There won't be any interesting thing in this "taboo" relationship.

Mar 1, 2017 10:36 PM

Mar 2015
HatsumiShinogu said:
moodie said:

And since when high school students are mature and conscious young adults who understand their actions? I think it's totally normal for a girl in her teenage year to be infatuated with an older man but that doesn't mean this relationship will work. Teenagers are still young who don't really weigh the outcome of their actions and sadly most of them are shallow and immature these days. If we're talking about kids in the past, then maybe but I'm sorry that kids nowadays are totally irresponsible and shallow. Maybe you are or were mature for your age but that doesn't mean everyone is.

proof that you are being prejudice...

HatsumiShinogu said:
I don't mind age gaps but I guess we all can agree that a teenager marrying a man in his 40s is a bit too much, don't you think so? Yes, someone in his 40s is still considered young by today's standards but that doesn't mean he's young enough to marry a teenager. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. It does, but it's still not that widely accepted. If you're going to argue that love conquers all, then I'm sorry to say that love doesn't always last and in a lot of cases, what people considered love was mostly infatuation and attraction. Also, I think that a young girl would most probably end up getting tired of living with someone her father's age.

that is this series plot my friend...
Mar 2, 2017 1:51 AM

Nov 2007
Slated for Winter 2018 via noitaminA. Both Official site and Twitter are opened. PV will be revealed during today's Kuzu no Honkai broadcast.

http://otakomu.jp/archives/510214.html
tsubasaloverMar 3, 2017 3:00 AM
Mar 2, 2017 2:08 AM

Jun 2013
HatsumiShinogu said:
moodie said:

I'm sorry but that's just silly and you just generalize things. You sounded it like all teenagers are shallow and immature. You grouped them into two, kids in the past=mature, kids nowadays=shallow. Seriously? Age is relative and cannot be solely used as a deciding factor to determine how someone's mental state is. It is not about how long someone has been on the planet or what era someone is from, rather it's about one's attitude and approach to life. You can be 50 and act childish. I admit it's another story if having family is what you consider of. Men can father until much later, I don't see major problems with large age gap here, if the role is reversed, just bear in mind that a woman's fertility is start declining at 30. There are also financial, culture, and health factors that I think make more sense to be taken into consideration rather than prejudiced opinion of yours.

I agree that age gap does not always work. It probably does not matter now, but will it matter later in the future? When the gap is really huge, they are basically from different generations, therefore one's value, life experience, and beliefs will be vastly different that it can cause difficulties when deciding important decision in their relationship. But, isn't that what makes it interesting to watch? Moreover, the story is not about marrying. It's not about a pedo oldman who gets wet over a highschool girl either ffs. Let's see the final product first and decide.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

33 by Yubisoft »»
43 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
10 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.