Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 68 69 [70] 71 72 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2017 2:32 PM

Nov 2016
AholePony said:
sakamoto-kun said:
Hey guys, can someone recommend me an anime for item #59 ?
Usually i like almost any genre, except harem and mecha. Would be nice, if you pick something from of my ptw list.

Ao Haru Ride
Hyouka
Ping Pong The Animation

Thanks for the recommendations, but I have a question.
Would Ping Pong the animation be a good choice, even though i'm not a big fan of Yojouhan Shinwa Taiki ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 27, 2017 2:34 PM

Jul 2012
sakamoto-kun said:

Would Ping Pong the animation be a good choice, even though i'm not a big fan of Yojouhan Shinwa Taiki ?

I think so, I also wasn't a big fan of Yojouhan, story-wise. The art didn't bother me, if you cant stand the art being "different" then that could be a problem. Ping Pong has some pretty deep things to say about being competitive and a young adult.
Feb 27, 2017 2:48 PM

Nov 2016
AholePony said:
sakamoto-kun said:

I think so, I also wasn't a big fan of Yojouhan, story-wise. The art didn't bother me, if you cant stand the art being "different" then that could be a problem. Ping Pong has some pretty deep things to say about being competitive and a young adult.

The art was quite appealing . I just didn't like the concept of the show.
Thanks for the description, i will check it out.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 27, 2017 3:50 PM

May 2015
hi hello can i get a rec for #59?

(preferably something that isn't a billion episodes long, thank you)
Feb 27, 2017 3:59 PM

Nov 2016
okayremus said:

Try Watamote.
Since Welcome to the NHK is one of your favorites you should enjoy it.

Feb 27, 2017 4:48 PM

May 2015
sakamoto-kun said:
okayremus said:

Try Watamote.
Since Welcome to the NHK is one of your favorites you should enjoy it.

thank you for the rec! it's appreciated (a lot)
Feb 27, 2017 4:50 PM
Feb 2017
Hello, everyone. I would appreciate it if one of you all would take the time to recommend me an anime.
Feb 27, 2017 4:53 PM

Oct 2013
Oafmeal95 said:
Hello, everyone. I would appreciate it if one of you all would take the time to recommend me an anime.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2251/Baccano
Feb 27, 2017 4:54 PM
Feb 2017
Tpfang56 said:
Oafmeal95 said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2251/Baccano

I'm sorry. I'm already going to be using this for the challenge.
Feb 27, 2017 4:57 PM

May 2015
the anime ERASED generally flies over well with everyone (though no one can justify the ending), and it doesn't have too many episodes, so it doesn't take too long to watch :) it's got my recommendation, at least
Feb 27, 2017 5:01 PM
Feb 2017
okayremus said:
the anime ERASED generally flies over well with everyone (though no one can justify the ending), and it doesn't have too many episodes, so it doesn't take too long to watch :) it's got my recommendation, at least

Was that recommendation meant for me?
Feb 27, 2017 5:02 PM

May 2015
Oafmeal95 said:
okayremus said:

Was that recommendation meant for me?

hi yes lmao i'm so sorry; how the heck did i manage to click the wrong button when trying to reply -.-'
(in my defence, it's currently 4 am where i live, haha)
Feb 27, 2017 5:49 PM
Jul 2018
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

I'd prefer currently an anime like Mushishi. (Death Parade is already on my challenge list and I've watched Natsume)
Or another supernatural or fantasy anime.
Under 24 episodes, ideally under 12 or a movie, would be nice. Thanks. ^^
This is my challenge list
Would be nice for me too, if you'd put something from my PTW list.
Feb 27, 2017 6:16 PM

Feb 2010
Maneki-Mew said:

I'd prefer currently an anime like Mushishi. (Death Parade is already on my challenge list and I've watched Natsume)

Try Hanada Shounen-shi, it's an episodic anime about a boy who can see ghosts so I think it fits the bill. Don't be put off by the Backstreet Boys OP xD.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 27, 2017 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
Pullman said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Try Hanada Shounen-shi, it's an episodic anime about a boy who can see ghosts so I think it fits the bill. Don't be put off by the Backstreet Boys OP xD.

Thank you very much! ^^
I just don't know if I like the style, but I'll get used to it, I think.
Feb 27, 2017 7:23 PM

Oct 2011
I used one of the banners provided in the Banner List and it was removed by the Mod. Are we supposed to check before hand which ones we pick? It doesn't make sense to me that yall would offer it and then remove them from our signatures if we add them.

Feb 27, 2017 7:26 PM

Mar 2016
rajaxking said:
I used one of the banners provided in the Banner List and it was removed by the Mod. Are we supposed to check before hand which ones we pick? It doesn't make sense to me that yall would offer it and then remove them from our signatures if we add them.

This badge was made by someone in the community, the person that made this badge made it bigger than the forum signature allows so in now way is the AWC_Mods fault. Besides most people keep these on there profile.-.

Also @AWC_Mod isnt a Forum Mod. Its just the account used by Shey to run the Anime Watching Challenge for the entire MAL site.
SojinFeb 27, 2017 7:31 PM
Feb 27, 2017 7:31 PM

Oct 2011
Sojin said:
rajaxking said:

This badge was made by someone in the community, the person that made this badge made it bigger than the forum signature allows so in now way is the AWC_Mods fault. Besides most people keep these on there profile.-.

Also AWC_Mod isnt a Forum Mod

I didn't say AWC_Mod removed it. If you look at my snapshot you will see that Tyrel was the Mod who removed my signature.

Regardless, it's very frustrating.
Feb 27, 2017 7:36 PM

Mar 2016
rajaxking said:
Sojin said:

Also AWC_Mod isnt a Forum Mod

I didn't say AWC_Mod removed it. If you look at my snapshot you will see that Tyrel was the Mod who removed my signature.

Regardless, it's very frustrating.
I realize you werent saying AWC_Mod removed it. The reason i brought her up is because of this statement.

rajaxking said:
It doesn't make sense to me that yall would offer it and then remove them from our signatures if we add them.

As i said they are made by the participants. They arent all made specifically for forum signatures.
SojinFeb 27, 2017 7:43 PM
Feb 28, 2017 2:30 AM

Aug 2015
Recommend me another movie :) or a lot, Thx.
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Feb 28, 2017 2:37 AM

Apr 2014
Feb 28, 2017 6:02 AM

Jan 2017
rajaxking said:
I used one of the banners provided in the Banner List and it was removed by the Mod. Are we supposed to check before hand which ones we pick? It doesn't make sense to me that yall would offer it and then remove them from our signatures if we add them.[...]

I guess I should say sorry for the inconvenience.... As Sojin pointed out the banners are donated by other participants that take their time to do it. There are currently 499 different banners available, with most of them fitting the allowed size for the signature area... I already noticed you changed it, but you can always use the one you initially wanted on your profile or blog or somewhere else... Or you could try asking to the one that made them for a smaller version.

Thanks for taking some of your time to participate in the challenge (and to everyone else reading~)

-- From post #2682 to #2705
If you are in the middle of editing your sign up form, then apologies for the mention

Please fix your Initial Post Number
@The_Fandomlady 2688 @24kchunshuai 2689

@iliketrains331 please don't triple post your sign up form (2685-2687) https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=2650#msg49805504
edit two of them with the Withdrawn or something
AWC_modFeb 28, 2017 9:14 AM
Feb 28, 2017 7:37 AM
Dec 2016
I need a recommendation for the challenge
Feb 28, 2017 7:39 AM
Feb 2017
DiamondCommando said:
I need a recommendation for the challenge

You should watch Food Wars, really good
Feb 28, 2017 2:56 PM

Oct 2014
@caandylicious

They're still over 300kb. The list of banners really should show which ones can work in signatures and which ones are for profiles only.
Feb 28, 2017 3:10 PM

Feb 2015
44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth

Any recommendations? Preferably TV(No more than 25 episodes, thanks), but movies are alright too.
Feb 28, 2017 3:30 PM

Mar 2016
Feb 28, 2017 3:49 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
zombie_pegasus said:
They're still over 300kb. The list of banners really should show which ones can work in signatures and which ones are for profiles only.

I think most of them work except some of the biggers ones and some of the gifs from caandylicious

If someone takes their time to let me know if any other doesn't work I will add the note

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 28, 2017 4:32 PM

Feb 2015
Sojin said:
LuckyHarm said:
44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth

Any recommendations? Preferably TV(No more than 25 episodes, thanks), but movies are alright too.
These are the only ones I could think of off the top of my head.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27829/Heavy_Object
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8425/Gosick
https://myanimelist.net/anime/16524/Suisei_no_Gargantia
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32998/91_Days
https://myanimelist.net/anime/889/Black_Lagoon
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30806/Schwarzesmarken
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6802/So_Ro_No_Wo_To
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3667/Strike_Witches

Hopefully something piques your interest

Thanks for the recommendations pal!
Mar 1, 2017 5:42 AM
Jan 2016
Can I put a show I re watched on my challenge list? Or does that not count?
Edit: And how about the second season? Can I put 2 seasons on the list?
KelMar 1, 2017 5:51 AM
Mar 1, 2017 5:59 AM

Mar 2016
Kel said:
Yes to both questions. As long as the 2 seasons appear under different names.
Example: https://myanimelist.net/anime/10087/Fate_Zero
https://myanimelist.net/anime/11741/Fate_Zero_2nd_Season
These are 2 separate entries, therefore they count.
Mar 1, 2017 7:22 AM

Oct 2014
Kel said:
Try not to rewatch. Ask here if you can't find anything new that fits the challenge. The challenge is intended for watching anime you wouldn't otherwise, after all.

Every entry counts as a separate anime. An anime like Gundam or Pokemon could fill out a lot of the challenges. Even a movie series like Kara no Kyoukai would be good for tackling several challenges at once.
Mar 1, 2017 11:32 AM

Dec 2014
"30. Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga, Digital Manga or 4-koma Manga :"
Can i get some explanation to what a Web or Digital Manga is?

Looking to start Azumanga Daioh but not sure whether it fits into this.

Thanks in advance!

Edit : Oh, and does Soul Eater count as well?
x3iskyMar 1, 2017 11:36 AM
Mar 1, 2017 11:59 AM

Jul 2012
x3isky said:

Thanks in advance!

From the wiki page for Azumanga: "Azumanga Daioh was written and illustrated by Kiyohiko Azuma, largely in yonkoma (four-panel) format." So I guess it was 4-koma and should work for the challenge.

I don't see that Soul eater was 4-koma or released digitally originally so I don't think it would work for #30.
Mar 1, 2017 12:22 PM

Feb 2011
x3isky said:
"30. Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga, Digital Manga or 4-koma Manga :"
Can i get some explanation to what a Web or Digital Manga is?

Thanks in advance!

Azumanga Daioh counts. Soul Eater does not.

Mar 1, 2017 2:33 PM

Apr 2015
Heya guys and gals,

I need a recommendation for #59.^^
Can be basically any genre, though I would prefer
a 1- or 2-cour series (or shorter).

Thanks.:)
Mar 1, 2017 2:46 PM

Nov 2014
Hey, so when I was trying to do this one...

65. Choose an anime from the predictive search using your username

...I didn't read the item closely and just used the results from the default "All" search as opposed to filtering by "Anime". Is it okay for me to use one of these results instead or do I need to watch one specifically listed under the "Anime" search filter?
Mar 1, 2017 3:07 PM

Jul 2012
abhutrash said:
Hey, so when I was trying to do this one...

65. Choose an anime from the predictive search using your username

...I didn't read the item closely and just used the results from the default "All" search as opposed to filtering by "Anime". Is it okay for me to use one of these results instead or do I need to watch one specifically listed under the "Anime" search filter?

I believe it has to be listed under anime both because the instructions were very specific in that regard and the results can be notably different if you used a separate search filter.
Mar 1, 2017 3:08 PM

Jul 2012
Eyo771 said:
Heya guys and gals,

https://myanimelist.net/anime/4177/Bounen_no_Xamdou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9314/Fractale
Mar 1, 2017 3:55 PM

Apr 2015
AholePony said:
Eyo771 said:
Heya guys and gals,

https://myanimelist.net/anime/4177/Bounen_no_Xamdou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9314/Fractale

Thanks for the recommendations. :)
Haven't heard of either of those before, but will watch both (Fractale for #59, Bounen no Xamdou for #08)
Mar 1, 2017 4:09 PM
Ice Queen

May 2014
"(59) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread"

Throw me some recommendations, please! :) I would like more than one.
Preferably something you really liked, and preferably something that's compatible with the things I've listed under 💘 / 💀 on my profile
1-2 cour or shorter would be nice

thanks ~
Celine3107Mar 1, 2017 4:15 PM
Mar 1, 2017 4:32 PM

Sep 2014
Celine3107 said:
"(59) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread"

Throw me some recommendations, please! :) I would like more than one.
Preferably something you really liked, and preferably something that's compatible with the things I've listed under 💘 / 💀 on my profile
1-2 cour or shorter would be nice

thanks ~

Kids on the Slope and Terror in Resonance. You seem to like Shinichiro Watanabe's other works, so will probably like these too.
Kino's Journey since you like Mushishi
Michiko to Hatchin since you like Samuri Champloo
Mar 2, 2017 1:50 AM
Mar 2014
So about#36: (Watch a completed anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed"" - check in the stats tab; state the members it had when you started)

Seeing a we;re counting the stats when we start, does that mean that ANY currently airing anime would count, because they have some plan-to-watch, but no completed (as of when I started watching)?
Mar 2, 2017 5:06 AM

Dec 2015
Alright then. I need an recommendation for the "#59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread". Any recommendation will help. Thank you :)
Mar 2, 2017 5:27 AM

Jan 2017
Archer0596 said:
So about#36: (Watch a completed anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed"" - check in the stats tab; state the members it had when you started)

Seeing a we;re counting the stats when we start, does that mean that ANY currently airing anime would count, because they have some plan-to-watch, but no completed (as of when I started watching)?

No. As stated it's asking for stats of a completed anime. It's a given that an airing series shouldn't have "Completed" members (unless you come from the future or worked with the anime itself) so it can't be used.
AWC_modMar 2, 2017 5:30 AM
Mar 2, 2017 6:02 AM
Dec 2016
Hey guys, can you help me with this one?

40. Watch an anime with at least one child as a main character - needs 2 or more main characters and at least one should be 12 years old or younger; state the character
Mar 2, 2017 6:15 AM

Dec 2014
Tsuza said:
Alright then. I need an recommendation for the "#59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread". Any recommendation will help. Thank you :)

How about Barakamon, since you've already seen Handa-kun?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22789/Barakamon

Or Hozuki's Coolheadedness, since you enjoyed the demonic comedy Hataraku Maou-sama?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20431/Hoozuki_no_Reitetsu

xxxBlank_1999 said:
Hey guys, can you help me with this one?

40. Watch an anime with at least one child as a main character - needs 2 or more main characters and at least one should be 12 years old or younger; state the character

1. Azumanga Daioh - https://myanimelist.net/anime/66/Azumanga_Daioh (Chiyo Mihama, age 10)
2. Barakamon - https://myanimelist.net/anime/22789/Barakamon (Naru Kotoishi, age 6)
3. Barefoot Gen - https://myanimelist.net/anime/1824/Hadashi_no_Gen (Gen Nakaoka)
4. Chi's Sweet Home - https://myanimelist.net/anime/3841/Chis_Sweet_Home (Youhei Yamada, preschooler)
5. Erased - https://myanimelist.net/anime/31043/Boku_dake_ga_Inai_Machi (Kayo Hinazuki, age 10)
6. Final Fantasy Unlimited - https://myanimelist.net/anime/1157/Final_Fantasy__Unlimited (twins Ai and Yu Hayakawa, age 12)
7. Flying Witch - https://myanimelist.net/anime/31376/Flying_Witch (Chinatsu Kuramoto, age 9)
8. Grave of the Fireflies - https://myanimelist.net/anime/578/Hotaru_no_Haka (Setsuko, age 4)
9. Kodomo no Omocha - https://myanimelist.net/anime/1486/Kodomo_no_Omocha_TV (Sana Kurata, age 11)
10. Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic - https://myanimelist.net/anime/14513/Magi__The_Labyrinth_of_Magic (Aladdin, age 10)
11. March Comes Like A Lion - https://myanimelist.net/manga/1224/3-gatsu_no_Lion (Momo Kawamoto, preschooler)
12. Mokke - https://myanimelist.net/anime/2931/Mokke (Mizuki Hibara, elementary school student)
13. The Mysterious Cities of Gold - https://myanimelist.net/anime/1279/Taiyou_no_Ko_Esteban (Esteban, age 12)
14. My Neighbor Totoro - https://myanimelist.net/anime/523/Tonari_no_Totoro (Mei Kusakabe, age 4)
15. Oseam - https://myanimelist.net/anime/2141/Oseam (Gilson, age 5)
16. Please Save My Earth - https://myanimelist.net/anime/526/Boku_no_Chikyuu_wo_Mamotte (Rin Kobayashi, age 7)
17. Poor Sisters' Story - https://myanimelist.net/anime/1214/Binbou_Shimai_Monogatari (Asu Yamada, age 9)
18. Ronja the Robber's Daughter - https://myanimelist.net/anime/22359/Sanzoku_no_Musume_Ronja (Ronja, age 10)
19. Sweetness and Lightning - https://myanimelist.net/anime/32828/Amaama_to_Inazuma (Tsumugi Inuzuka, pre-schooler)
20. Sunday Without God - https://myanimelist.net/anime/16009/Kamisama_no_Inai_Nichiyoubi (Ai Astin, age 12)
AnnaSartinMar 2, 2017 7:01 AM
Mar 2, 2017 6:29 AM

Dec 2015
AnnaSartin said:
Tsuza said:

How about Barakamon, since you've already seen Handa-kun?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22789/Barakamon

Or Hozuki's Coolheadedness, since you enjoyed the demonic comedy Hataraku Maou-sama?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20431/Hoozuki_no_Reitetsu

Thank you very much :3 I'll check both of them.
Mar 2, 2017 8:25 AM
Feb 2017
Cappuchino said:
''Watch an anime tagged as Comedy, Harem and/or School''
does it mean I need to watch a anime that is a harem or can I watch a anime that is a Comedy and School genre?
Really hate harems so this will just decide if I join or not.

Since it says "and/or" I would say you only have to choose one genre, :D Not sure though
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 68 69 [70] 71 72 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 2 hours ago

4 by TsutanaiFuun »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

self-suff-des - 45 minutes ago

15 by TsutanaiFuun »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

124 by Matt_MurD0CK »»
8 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 8 hours ago

20 by tmoverbeck »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

34 by MasterTasuke »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.