Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 24, 2017 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah the episode set the stage and executed the next part of Tanya's strategy in the war.

However, as it unfolded it seems that the episode also had a connection with Tanya. Interesting development. I like how the episode gave more depth to Tanya beyond just the action. Feels like the both sides during the battle had some mind games going on. Nice to see the show return. Tanya's fighting potential is still lethal as ever.
Feb 24, 2017 6:41 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I liked the episode but, now I am wondering where is the subject X after the miracle, things went easy for Tanya, she doesn't have any rival. The Coronel should have given Tanya a hard battle but from my perspective, he died in a simple way. (I hadn't read the novel yet so do not blame me).

Feb 24, 2017 7:58 AM

Mar 2015
Another good set of battles, right now Tanya still seems OP compared to everyone else and her training sure has set her company of mages apart from every other mage out there. gonna be interesting to see if anyone will ever be able to match their power, seems like they are just facerolling through the encounters.

That place is a shooting gallery for the ships artillery now.
Feb 24, 2017 8:08 AM
Jan 2016
Starting and ending with an early Christmas present was a nice touch.

I'm really wondering how the rival will be introduced at the end of the season. Will she meet Tanya or will it be an ominous introduction?
Feb 24, 2017 8:14 AM

Dec 2015
The fear in that guy's eyes when he saw Tanya, I wonder if more enemies in the future will recognise her, she certainly is terrifying in battle.

With this fight Tanya got herself a fine Christmas present, not bad xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 24, 2017 8:32 AM

Aug 2014
Once again another terrific episode. Loving how her battalion has pretty much become the team that gets things done. With all this talk of a rival being ready I'm even more interested to read the novels and see what happens past the series
Get your shit straight Brenda
Feb 24, 2017 8:33 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, Action was awesome as always.

The part with Tanya figuring out the hidden agenda of the offensive was pretty cool, too bad she can't reach the top of the board. xD

Tanya and her batallion continue to wreck em all and pass their missions in flying colors.
Felt a little bad for the enemy Colonel as he was mercilessly stabbed by Tanya, well that's war I guess. At least, Tanya got herself a new present. xD
Feb 24, 2017 8:38 AM

Feb 2017
Now We know how they feel When tanya rape em.
It was actually the best part :I feel sad but op.
Feb 24, 2017 8:39 AM
Aug 2010
With all that talk of her rival not being ready yet I'm quite interested in what happens next, I can only presume it will be the coronel's daughter but no idea.
Feb 24, 2017 8:40 AM

Jan 2015
Look at her cute small body pointing the map using that pen. XD
Tanya is successfully tick another higher-up again. Just as expected, and one of the thing that makes her "special". :3
But aside from that, it's time for some other attack into enemy zone. A surprise-aerial attack into enemy zone.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 24, 2017 8:48 AM

Aug 2013
another good episode
holyshit, Tanya sure merciless, feel bad about the daughter :/

mod edit: Removed spoiler request.
VanschiaFeb 24, 2017 2:39 PM
Feb 24, 2017 8:52 AM

Jul 2009
In the novel she did figure out / reason her way to the fact that it's a very similar operation to the Incheon operation in the Korean War, which there was no mention of here, which was a bit disappointing.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Feb 24, 2017 8:52 AM

Dec 2014
well the fight continues...and tanya is practically the centre of the decision making ... It still concerns me why isn't she bullied or facing discrimination due to her age and all... for god sake she is 12 right
Feb 24, 2017 9:00 AM

Feb 2017
ibraheem234 said:
well the fight continues...and tanya is practically the centre of the decision making ... It still concerns me why isn't she bullied or facing discrimination due to her age and all... for god sake she is 12 right

You saw what she did while she was giving lessons to soldiers Right? xD
Anyways, i was thinking why they don't give her another achievement Because she did all of that while she's 12 years old Lol.
Feb 24, 2017 9:18 AM

Nov 2015
Tanya's as merciless as usual.

Feb 24, 2017 9:41 AM

Apr 2016
i feel bad for the guy who getting stab at the end . this ep get dark real fast
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Feb 24, 2017 9:43 AM

May 2015
The oment that saying the commander's daughter will take revenge is too high. Its every hero template. It doesn't matter if god is not involved, but... as i thought, i hate every story that involving god.
rleonFeb 24, 2017 9:49 AM
"If you don’t like a rule… Just follow it… Reach the top… And change the rule." -adolf hitler
Feb 24, 2017 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
Don't you just love it when you go and read an episode thread before commenting on it and see everyone posting spoilers about a "rival" left, right and centre? Very, very annoying to have to deal with that.

The episode itself was enjoyable after having waited 2 weeks since the last one though.
Feb 24, 2017 10:08 AM

Jun 2016
The Battalion.. is strong as ever... Too bad... the promise can't really kept with...

Tanya is one merciless strategist!!!!

When a "sub-machine-gun-rifle" is wielded by "normal" mages, its not that powerful,
With Tanya holding it, it becomes a Vulcan Gatling Gun..... hahaha Nice
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2017 10:13 AM

Jun 2015
Very great episode. The action was epic. Tanya is as ruthless as ever. She stabbed the guy that was after her and took the gun that was a gift from the daughter. The guy was terrified when he saw Tanya.
Feb 24, 2017 10:15 AM

Sep 2016
Good episode. Now that Tanya has killed colonel Sioux and took his riffle, I guess his daugther will learn that and try to kill Tanya one day.
Feb 24, 2017 10:44 AM

Sep 2013
A full offensive to hide their fort assault, it's successful and now the Entrente Alliance is done for with the rails and supply route under control.

Rhine theater guy is dumb but the others have the strategy down.
Feb 24, 2017 10:59 AM
Nov 2014
PipeBoss said:
I liked the episode but, now I am wondering where is the subject X after the miracle, things went easy for Tanya, she doesn't have any rival. The Coronel should have given Tanya a hard battle but from my perspective, he died in a simple way. (I hadn't read the novel yet so do not blame me).

I'm hoping her true rival will be the blue haired officer with the glasses. It'd be interesting if he convinced others that she is too dangerous and then her country 'betrays' her. Also want it to go this way because of the quote of Being X that was eventually it will be you against the world.

I hope its not the person she killed's daughter. That'd be cliche to somehow have two overpowered young girls fighting. I want inner military betray!
MariSan28Feb 24, 2017 2:45 PM
Feb 24, 2017 10:59 AM

Jul 2015
Another really great episode, hoping that a real threat appears soon as the only episode Tanya wasn't completely OP was when she didn't have the aim hack gun.
Feb 24, 2017 11:36 AM
Aug 2016
Man this series is really fked up... it's making you route for the bad guy here. XD
Feb 24, 2017 11:36 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
What the fuck is up with the spoiler talk here all of a sudden? Just great.

Tanya just taking the rifle from the man xDDD
Feb 24, 2017 11:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Tanya is ruthless and effective. But I'm definitely sensing that something is building up and coming her way.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 24, 2017 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
MariSan28 said:

I'm hoping her true rival will be the blue haired officer with the glasses. It'd be interesting if he convinced others that she is too dangerous and then her country 'betrays' her. Also want it to go this way because of the quote of Being X that was eventually it will be you against the world.

I hope its not the person she killed's daughter. That'd be cliche to somehow have two overpowered young girls fighting. I want inner military betray!

What are you talking about, that guy is the love interest LOL
Feb 24, 2017 12:40 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
D-Joe said:
PipeBoss said:

Well he died even more simple in LN, but like pall said, her actual rival is not ready yet.

Great, was thinking something like that, thanks for clarifying.

Feb 24, 2017 12:41 PM
Jul 2015
With that emphasis on the guy's daughter and Tanya taking the gun, I'm getting a feeling of BS where her daughter would become a solder and magically, evenly battle Tanya.

It's always like that in direction of writing an OP main character....
Feb 24, 2017 12:45 PM

Apr 2013
Well that can no longer be called youjo senki.
"Youjo senki : Saga of Tanya the Evil", an anime spin off of Youjo Senki, focused on using the original work for aerial battle scene in an alternative first world war with magic.Which is fine, especially since it's working very well as an entertainment, but "adaptation" is no longer an accurate way to design this, similar to FMA first anime, pretty much.
It's entertaining though, so that's still that. Not enough Aoi Yuuki this week, but that's it.
Feb 24, 2017 1:27 PM

Sep 2011
Amazing episode. The expanded the world, and the new pieces from the OST were great.
Feb 24, 2017 1:31 PM

Feb 2013
The french stood no chance. Overall good, somewhat emotional episode.
Feb 24, 2017 1:43 PM

Dec 2009
PzKpfw_VI_Tiger said:
The french stood no chance. Overall good, somewhat emotional episode.

They're Scandinavian, but I see the confusion since they're called the Entente Alliance.
SimmonzFeb 25, 2017 5:29 AM
Feb 24, 2017 1:46 PM
Oct 2012
BlackPunisher76 said:
With that emphasis on the guy's daughter and Tanya taking the gun, I'm getting a feeling of BS where her daughter would become a solder and magically, evenly battle Tanya.

It's always like that in direction of writing an OP main character....

It's known as "Chekhov's Gun" if you show off a gun early, it will go off on you later. Tanya taking it as an early xmas present was also a definite flag.

I agree on the OP factor in general, but it doesn't apply in this series.

Don't forget that there is a God out there trying to teach Tanya a lesson (and that her actions have consequences that cause other people to suffer), she hasn't learned that lesson yet. And since it has already been shown that God can do whatever he wants in both worlds, including giving someone a more powerful crystal. What God giveth, God can take away.

So it wouldn't be "BS", it's a necessary plot development based on the reason this story exists. God sent Tanya to this world to suffer, she isn't suffering yet, so it is about time for God to up the stakes.
Feb 24, 2017 1:57 PM
May 2014
ibraheem234 said:

Isn't bullying someone which makes a "habit" of roflstomping soldiers kind of asking for trouble?
..and her rank would probably make most of the other potential bullies a target of
court martial or death. (she's already demonstrated how she handles insubordination/disobeying orders)
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Feb 24, 2017 2:05 PM

Oct 2016
Tanya slays as usual :P Loved the part where she just took the rifle from the dead soldier.
Feb 24, 2017 2:06 PM
Jul 2016
ibraheem234 said:

She got the back of all of the central higherups and not to mention they witnessed her savagery during the boot camp and when she just received her silver medal. Nobody in the right mind would mess with her.
Feb 24, 2017 2:28 PM

Jul 2011
I doubt the daughter will become a soldier if they're not covering a timeskip or something, but she might probably end up killing Tanya in the end on the street or something. Being X may be planning to have Tanya rise to the very top, only to be toppled by a nobody.

Overwhelmingly great characters fall because of natural causes or small things though. It's not BS, rather, it's almost a trope?
I can think of several examples where powerful characters die because of something minor:

Y'all gotta learn to not look at the forums for anime episodes lol. They're always full of spoilers.
Feb 24, 2017 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
Thread Cleaned. Please keep spoilers and posts that don't provide discussion about this episode out.
Feb 24, 2017 3:05 PM
Jul 2016
Smudy said:
What the fuck is up with the spoiler talk here all of a sudden? Just great.

Tanya just taking the rifle from the man xDDD

Actually at this point there's no spoiler since it's already deviating from the original novel... If anyone said spoilers it's probably a fake or just assumptions.
Feb 24, 2017 3:08 PM

May 2015
Poor guy. At least he fight to the end (of him).
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 24, 2017 3:09 PM

Dec 2014
When that guy started praying too I thought that Being X would buff him to fuck with Tanya but alas it didn't happen, although I have a feeling that the guy somehow survived, either that or his daughter somehow gets revenge for him, she looked a bit like Tanya in the beginning of the episode there and I feel like they spend way too much screen time on it for them to be simply throwaway characters so something's definitely happening soon enough
Feb 24, 2017 3:32 PM

Jun 2013
Do we know why Tanya recognized Anson Sioux? Has he been introduced before?

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Feb 24, 2017 3:48 PM

Dec 2009
Being X's agenda is to force Tanya to acknowledge it.

This SMG that she got from the guy i can guess would be a key centrepiece for future outcomes. For example, if i were setting up a Being X wins plot, i would have an ending in which, perhaps Tanya meets the guy's wife and child later. Meaning this all being an elaborate setup by Being X, with the intimidation tactics merely being a diversion ploy, and in which Tanya would have to accept fated outcomes in an emotional sense, and acknowledging Being X as "God". Though i could be jumping the gun, and this could just be an inconsequential side plot.

There is also the possibility the guy survives and gets supercharged by Being X to spank Tanya some more, ie being the rival...

blixie said:
iirc, he was part of a task force that got obliterated by Tanya previously.
GenesisAriaFeb 24, 2017 3:53 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 24, 2017 3:55 PM

May 2014
Where the hell is all this talk of a rival coming from? Now I'm starting to feel like I missed something because I didn't see jack shit in the episode that even remotely implied one was coming.

blixie said:
You might want to re-watch episode 2. He was one of the enemy commanders that fought Tanya on her first mission. They even flashed some scenes from their first encounter when he noticed she was there.
Feb 24, 2017 4:04 PM

Dec 2009
Alcatraz_Zombie said:
Where the hell is all this talk of a rival coming from? Now I'm starting to feel like I missed something because I didn't see jack shit in the episode that even remotely implied one was coming.
He had the yellow eyes and made prayers. I thought it was pretty obvious that Being X was up to something.

Feb 24, 2017 4:09 PM

May 2014
GenesisAria said:
He had the yellow eyes and made prayers. I thought it was pretty obvious that Being X was up to something.

That's not unique to people connected to Being X. Other mages have been shown to have different eye color when using magic. As for the prayers, it seems like most soldiers on all sides of the war have some level of faith so it wasn't really out of the ordinary.
Feb 24, 2017 4:11 PM

Dec 2009
@Alcatraz_Zombie
How do you know Being X isn't involved in all of those cases as well?

Feb 24, 2017 4:11 PM

Jun 2013
Alcatraz_Zombie said:

blixie said:
You might want to re-watch episode 2. He was one of the enemy commanders that fought Tanya on her first mission. They even flashed some scenes from their first encounter when he noticed she was there.
Rewatched it. Thanks! Interesting that they brought back such an uninteresting character.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Yesterday, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.