Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 66 67 [68] 69 70 » ... Last »
Feb 21, 2017 12:56 PM

Apr 2011

These are all cutesy slice of life, comedy or school-settings, with the exception of One Punch Man which I already watched. Anything else that would fit my taste a tad more? (a.k.a., take a glance at my profile) - I am quite certain that I will drop any of these in a heartbeat.

edit; well, it appears Buzzer Beater comes from a web manga, I suppose that saves my case, although not ideal.
Lestat-Feb 21, 2017 1:24 PM

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Feb 21, 2017 1:01 PM
Aug 2015
Need a recommendation for challenge 59 :)
Feb 21, 2017 2:10 PM

Apr 2014
xHalo said:
Need a recommendation for #59! Anything sorta close to a romcom would be preferred! Thanks~

Here is some romcom that didn't seem to be on your list:
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
Aa! Megami-sama! (TV)
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
ReLIFE
Feb 21, 2017 3:27 PM

Aug 2015
Quick Question; Easy Answer.

Can I include anime I watched this January if I signed up for the challenge in February?
Everyone says anime is getting worse and nothing compares to the greats;

I say anime never stops getting better

Feb 21, 2017 3:28 PM

Jul 2012
BACONator1313 said:
Quick Question; Easy Answer.

Can I include anime I watched this January if I signed up for the challenge in February?

Yes you can count anything that you started in 2017 even if it's before the sign up date. Just make sure your start date is set either before the first entry you watched or don't change it from January 1st.
Feb 21, 2017 3:45 PM

Dec 2015

Ah, thanks! I'll prob end up watching all of them.
Feb 21, 2017 4:13 PM

Aug 2015
I'm currently planning out my challenge, and I thought it might be fun to try a restriction. The restrictions given on the sign-up page are all king of boring to me, so I'm wondering...

A) Can the restriction be anything, including things not listed on the sign-up page? I'd assume yes.
and
B) What should I make the restriction?

Regarding B, I have already completed Hanasaku Iroha and Unbreakable Machine-Doll so far this year, which I definately want on my challenge. I also really want to watch Gargantia. Trying to draw some connections is a little difficult, so I'd love some input and suggestions. Something interesting that suits my taste is obviously optimal, but so long as I'm not struggling to find shows or torturing myself to get through them, I'm open to a challenge. And I'm planning on Emperor.

I considered Master of Blondes, with Ohana and Char, but there aren't any notable blondes in Gargantia.

Feb 21, 2017 4:18 PM

Jul 2012
BACONator1313 said:
I'm currently planning out my challenge, and I thought it might be fun to try a restriction. The restrictions given on the sign-up page are all king of boring to me, so I'm wondering...

A) Can the restriction be anything, including things not listed on the sign-up page? I'd assume yes.
and

Regarding B, I have already completed Hanasaku Iroha and Unbreakable Machine-Doll so far this year, which I definately want on my challenge. I also really want to watch Gargantia. Trying to draw some connections is a little difficult, so I'd love some input and suggestions. Something interesting that suits my taste is obviously optimal, but so long as I'm not struggling to find shows or torturing myself to get through them, I'm open to a challenge. And I'm planning on Emperor.

I considered Master of Blondes, with Ohana and Char, but there aren't any notable blondes in Gargantia.

I think it has to be one of the two things listed in order to count for the Master of addition to your turn in post, but you can add any restrictions you want outside of those two they just won't influence your turn-in in any way. Mostly for simplicity in checking, if everyone made up their own restriction it would be much more difficult at the end.
The easiest connection is probably TV type only, I don't think your 3 examples share any common genres so you would have to cut out 1-2 if you did a genre restriction.
Feb 21, 2017 4:23 PM

Aug 2015
GamerDLM said:
BACONator1313 said:

and

I think it has to be one of the two things listed in order to count for the Master of addition to your turn in post, but you can add any restrictions you want outside of those two they just won't influence your turn-in in any way. Mostly for simplicity in checking, if everyone made up their own restriction it would be much more difficult at the end.
The easiest connection is probably TV type only, I don't think your 3 examples share any common genres so you would have to cut out 1-2 if you did a genre restriction.

That's a shame. I'd still like to add a restriction anyway. Something outside genre and TV only is fine. I'd do it for the fun, not the credentials.

Feb 21, 2017 5:38 PM

Jan 2012
BACONator1313 said:

master of bath and swimsuit scenes, maybe. :v

master of anime that contain a 'n' / 'a'/ ? in their title

master of the alphabet and you pick no more than 2 titles starting with each letter.
Feb 21, 2017 5:46 PM

Aug 2015
Magnord said:

master of bath and swimsuit scenes, maybe. :v

I considered this, but Machine-Doll only has a bath scene in their specials and not the main series. But I like your thinking!

These series are really hard to tie together.

Feb 21, 2017 9:26 PM

May 2008
@AWC_mod

Hey guys! I made more, not animated this time.

Feb 22, 2017 3:40 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
Another question came up regarding challenge item 36. "Watch an anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed"": check in the stats tab; state the members it had when you started.

So. If only the amount of members at my start of this item is regarded... Can I use an currently airing Seasonal Anime for this? Nobody will have completed that anime when I start it and even if 10 users have it on Plan-To-Watch it will be more than the completed.

Is it legal to use still airing Seasonal Anime for this item if the Anime will finish airing during the challenge period? Guess I better ask this because it seems kind of criminal and tricky.
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Feb 22, 2017 3:54 AM

Apr 2014
Brati said:
Another question came up regarding challenge item 36. "Watch an anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed"": check in the stats tab; state the members it had when you started.

So. If only the amount of members at my start of this item is regarded... Can I use an currently airing Seasonal Anime for this? Nobody will have completed that anime when I start it and even if 10 users have it on Plan-To-Watch it will be more than the completed.

Is it legal to use still airing Seasonal Anime for this item if the Anime will finish airing during the challenge period? Guess I better ask this because it seems kind of criminal and tricky.

Additional information was stated before #31 "For the following items (31-37), "completed anime" refers in case you are using airing, meaning that after it ends the anime needs that score"
meaning you can't use the number it had when you started if it still airing.

edit:
I found Fate/Zero Remix in your list and saw that you it had more plan-to-watch (5,563) than completed (5,133) as of 2017-02-22 and you can probably use that for #36 since you finished it in the challenge period.
virusungenFeb 22, 2017 4:09 AM
Feb 22, 2017 4:51 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
virusungen said:
Brati said:

Additional information was stated before #31 "For the following items (31-37), "completed anime" refers in case you are using airing, meaning that after it ends the anime needs that score"

edit:
I found Fate/Zero Remix in your list and saw that you it had more plan-to-watch (5,563) than completed (5,133) as of 2017-02-22 and you can probably use that for #36 since you finished it in the challenge period.

Thanks for your response and suggestion. However I am doing the TV-type-only restriction. Since Fate/Zero Remix is listed as a Special thats not eligable. But I will keep searching. There has to be something out there that fits the criteria.

If it would be too easy it would be wrong to call it a "challenge" ;>
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Feb 22, 2017 5:08 AM

Dec 2014
Brati said:
virusungen said:

edit:

Thanks for your response and suggestion. However I am doing the TV-type-only restriction. Since Fate/Zero Remix is listed as a Special thats not eligable. But I will keep searching. There has to be something out there that fits the criteria.

If it would be too easy it would be wrong to call it a "challenge" ;>

Just watch Kino's Journey, mate.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/486/Kino_no_Tabi__The_Beautiful_World/stats
Feb 22, 2017 5:25 AM

Jan 2017
@Akizakura- thanks! Will be adding them~
Feb 22, 2017 7:51 AM

Jun 2016
I think about joining this fun competition. A few questions:

1.As I would post my application a bit late could I still use animes watched after 1st of January but before the signup?
2.Would this be in conflict with the "completed Anime at signup" number (would I need to add the number from the beginning of the year) or with the watching dates?
3. Do you need the starting/finishing dates entered into the Mal system too as extra reference or is it enough to see them in the sign up post?
Feb 22, 2017 8:15 AM

Mar 2016
XAnima13X said:
I think about joining this fun competition. A few questions:

1.As I would post my application a bit late could I still use animes watched after 1st of January but before the signup?
2.Would this be in conflict with the "completed Anime at signup" number (would I need to add the number from the beginning of the year) or with the watching dates?
3. Do you need the starting/finishing dates entered into the Mal system too as extra reference or is it enough to see them in the sign up post?

Question 1: You can use any anime as long as it was started in 2017, regardless of sign-up date
Question 2: Just use the number you have on your profile for when you sign-up, regardless if you use previously seen anime.
Question 3: To my knowledge, nobody can see your start and end dates unless you have it displayed on your profile through the List Account Setting. So just the start and end dates on the Sign-up post is required.

Also, you will need to make your anime list public. Otherwise AWC_Mod cant check your challenge if/when you turn in your challenge.
Feb 22, 2017 1:52 PM

Nov 2014
Hey, so I just started Idol Jihen today and was wondering if I could use it for Item #11 (Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio)? The show is currently airing, but from the looks of it, it will easily be in the lowest scored anime of MAPPA. The average score would have to jump an enitire point.
Feb 22, 2017 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
abhutrash said:
Hey, so I just started Idol Jihen today and was wondering if I could use it for Item #11 (Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio)? The show is currently airing, but from the looks of it, it will easily be in the lowest scored anime of MAPPA. The average score would have to jump an enitire point.

I think you can use it but the score will still need to be bottom 5 upon completion. If you play the odds you should be ok though.
Feb 22, 2017 6:39 PM

Aug 2007
EDIT: Never mind. I read the prompt incorrectly and answered this myself!

Feb 22, 2017 6:43 PM

Jul 2012
Lycan said:
"73. Finish an on-hold or dropped anime - the start date of this one can't be during 2017; if you don't have any request for assistance in the discussion thread"

So... I don't ever drop anything. I also recently put some anime on hold, but they all fall under 2017, since I moved those to on hold on the January 17th.

What should I do?

I believe the workaround for that challenge was if you have nothing that is on-hold or dropped for more than 3 months prior to 2017 you can watch the first few episodes and wait. So since you moved them on January 17th it means you can use them but you have to wait until late April to finish.

Su0216 said:
What would be an example of anime where the main cast consist of mostly one gender?

From your plan to watch Tokyo Mew Mew would be the best example, from your watching show by rock or uta no prince-sama.
Along the lines of those most magical girl shows or musical based tend to be mainly one gender just check the page for the anime to make sure.
GamerDLMFeb 22, 2017 6:50 PM
Feb 22, 2017 6:44 PM
Dec 2015
What would be an example of anime where the main cast consist of mostly one gender?
Feb 22, 2017 6:48 PM

Aug 2007
GamerDLM said:
Lycan said:
"73. Finish an on-hold or dropped anime - the start date of this one can't be during 2017; if you don't have any request for assistance in the discussion thread"

So... I don't ever drop anything. I also recently put some anime on hold, but they all fall under 2017, since I moved those to on hold on the January 17th.

What should I do?

I believe the workaround for that challenge was if you have nothing that is on-hold or dropped for more than 3 months prior to 2017 you can watch the first few episodes and wait. So since you moved them on January 17th it means you can use them but you have to wait until late April to finish.

I actually added the start dates from while ago and started watching all of them before 2017. So I believe I can use all of them because the START DATE is before 2017 -- I was thinking because I moved them in 2017 in would void this, but the prompt mentioned the start date, not the status change date.

Feb 22, 2017 6:57 PM

Jul 2012
Lycan said:
GamerDLM said:

I actually added the start dates from while ago and started watching all of them before 2017. So I believe I can use all of them because the START DATE is before 2017 -- I was thinking because I moved them in 2017 in would void this, but the prompt mentioned the start date, not the status change date.

I don't believe it would void it. As long as you can show there was a significant waiting period between 2 episodes it should be fine. So you could just add a screenshot of the episode history after you complete it with an explanation.
Feb 22, 2017 7:52 PM
Dec 2015
Su0216 said:

From your plan to watch Tokyo Mew Mew would be the best example, from your watching show by rock or uta no prince-sama.
Along the lines of those most magical girl shows or musical based tend to be mainly one gender just check the page for the anime to make sure. [/quote]

Thank you so much
Feb 22, 2017 10:27 PM
Aug 2015
Can anyone recommend me something for #59? I'm going for the manliest animes (MANimes) I can find, even if it's shit.
Feb 22, 2017 11:02 PM

Feb 2010
Kryptonaut said:
Can anyone recommend me something for #59? I'm going for the manliest animes (MANimes) I can find, even if it's shit.

Salaryman Kintarou is the manliest shit ever, trust me. Good too.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1608/Salaryman_Kintarou
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 22, 2017 11:39 PM

Apr 2013
Kryptonaut said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/14719/JoJo_no_Kimyou_na_Bouken_TV
Feb 23, 2017 12:20 AM
Mar 2014
Right. So, stupid questions first.
#27. What do they mean by "Original Anime"? As in not based on something? Then wouldn't an ONA do?

Also, recommendations for #14, #15, #16 and #59 please. That'd be uber helpful.

Thanks in advance
Feb 23, 2017 12:34 AM

Jul 2012
Archer0596 said:
#27. What do they mean by "Original Anime"? As in not based on something? Then wouldn't an ONA do?

Thanks in advance

On the anime page on the information section to the left it has to say Original as the Source. ONA is a reference to the Type of series so it falls under a different category.
Feb 23, 2017 12:34 AM

Jul 2014
@Archer0596
"Original Anime" means it has "Original" as its source.

#14 - Hakujaden
#15 - Lupin III: Cagliostro no Shiro
#16 - Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster
Feb 23, 2017 12:45 AM

Feb 2010
Archer0596 said:

Thanks in advance
Original Anime has nothing to do with the type (TV, OVA, ONA etc...). It simply refers to the field that says 'Source'. You can find that information in the same part a few lines below.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/4513/Hakujaden
Basically all the other stuff from that period is black and white shorts, but this is the first color animation movie from Japan.

For the others I listed a bunch of really god ones, just take your pick.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1537/Genshi_Shounen_Ryuu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1412/Lupin_III
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2618/Takarajima
https://myanimelist.net/anime/338/Rose_of_Versailles
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2402/Ashita_no_Joe
https://myanimelist.net/anime/80/Mobile_Suit_Gundam

https://myanimelist.net/anime/820
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1088
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1288
https://myanimelist.net/anime/82
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2029
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4943
https://myanimelist.net/anime/949
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1347

You can pick one I listed above for this one too, or wait for someone else's recs.
Feb 23, 2017 4:24 AM

Jan 2017
Sojin said:
XAnima13X said:
[...] 3. Do you need the starting/finishing dates entered into the Mal system too as extra reference or is it enough to see them in the sign up post?
[...] Question 3: To my knowledge, nobody can see your start and end dates unless you have it displayed on your profile through the List Account Setting. So just the start and end dates on the Sign-up post is required.
Also, you will need to make your anime list public. Otherwise AWC_Mod cant check your challenge if/when you turn in your challenge.

and @XAnima13X
It would be best if you add the dates to each entry, at least for those used for the challenge. This would avoid any unnecessary extra questioning when checking your turn-in.
As for checking the start/end date on your list, most of the time, as long as it's added it can be seen even if you don't have them displayed with your list design. I think there are certain exceptions that won't display them but right now I can't remember.
Feb 23, 2017 4:49 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Kryptonaut said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1639/Boku_no_Pico
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22831/Abarenbou_Rikishi_Matsutarou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33/Berserk
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3702/Detroit_Metal_City
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2318/Dog_Soldier
https://myanimelist.net/anime/25183/Gangsta
https://myanimelist.net/anime/263/Hajime_no_Ippo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/777/Hellsing_Ultimate
https://myanimelist.net/anime/16774/Inferno_Cop
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12031/Kingdom
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6675/Redline
https://myanimelist.net/anime/114/Sakigake_Cromartie_Koukou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20057/ Space☆Dandy
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2418/Stranger__Mukou_Hadan
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30740/Young_Black_Jack

Archer0596 said:
Also, recommendations for [...]#59 please. That'd be uber helpful. Thanks in advance

(random)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4177/Bounen_no_Xamdou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5365/Tsumiki_no_Ie
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6211/Tokyo_Magnitude_80
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8115/Uchuu_Show_e_Youkoso
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20431/Hoozuki_no_Reitetsu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22135/Ping_Pong_The_Animation

From your PTW
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9989/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_wo_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shiranai
https://myanimelist.net/anime/16592/Danganronpa__Kibou_no_Gakuen_to_Zetsubou_no_Koukousei_The_Animation
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12189/Hyouka
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30524/Kagewani
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2246/Mononoke
https://myanimelist.net/anime/323/Mousou_Dairinin
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32013/Oshiete_Galko-chan
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7662/Shinrei_Tantei_Yakumo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2418/Stranger__Mukou_Hadan
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1562/Yamato_Nadeshiko_Shichihenge%E2%99%A5
https://myanimelist.net/anime/19383/Yami_Shibai

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 23, 2017 10:11 AM

Jun 2009
I'm still looking for a show to use for challenge #42 (Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese). I was thinking either:

- Cowboy Bebop
- Michiko to Hatchin

Now with the first I don't know if "future" counts as a fictional setting. Spike is from Mars. With the second, I don't know where the main characters are from. The summary says it's set in South America.

Basically, would either of these 2 count? If not, I'd love a recommendation for this one.
Feb 23, 2017 10:21 AM

Feb 2010
Raxby said:
I'm still looking for a show to use for challenge #42 (Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese). I was thinking either:

- Cowboy Bebop
- Michiko to Hatchin

Now with the first I don't know if "future" counts as a fictional setting. Spike is from Mars. With the second, I don't know where the main characters are from. The summary says it's set in South America.

Basically, would either of these 2 count? If not, I'd love a recommendation for this one.

Michiko to Hatchin should count, but I don't think Bebop does.
Feb 23, 2017 10:24 AM

Jun 2009
Okay, thank you. I'll add Michiko to Hatchin then. :)
Feb 23, 2017 5:31 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
iBoi said:
Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page - state the username and their initial post number : <anime_title>

Ummm i dont really have a type. But since its 10 - 9 score anything that isnt mainstream is fine

Please don't post this kind of stuff in the sign up thread. If you already have a sign up post, edit the quoted post and put Withdrawn...

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 24, 2017 1:05 AM
Jan 2017
I have 59 and don't get if I can use recommendations to others, but if I can't, please recommend something to me. If it helps, I like school and romance genres.
Art is dead, and we killed it.
Feb 24, 2017 1:23 AM

Jul 2015
Hi mates, one doubt.

For the challenge "Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio", I watched Ao Oni the Animation from Studio DEEN, that is currently the 5th lowest scored entry that has a rating of that studio with a 5.34

The thing is that there is "Tekken", a 2 episodes OVA series, with a 5.35, since Ao Oni finished airing last season there is still some people that watches it, so the score of this anime might surpass the other and get outside of the challenge (6th lowest), would Ao Oni stop counting even if it was the 5th when I finished it? Since I'm doing the TV only type restriction that would give me some troubles.
Feb 24, 2017 1:47 AM

Feb 2010
MetaThPr4h said:
Hi mates, one doubt.

For the challenge "Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio", I watched Ao Oni the Animation from Studio DEEN, that is currently the 5th lowest scored entry that has a rating of that studio with a 5.34

The thing is that there is "Tekken", a 2 episodes OVA series, with a 5.35, since Ao Oni finished airing last season there is still some people that watches it, so the score of this anime might surpass the other and get outside of the challenge (6th lowest), would Ao Oni stop counting even if it was the 5th when I finished it? Since I'm doing the TV only type restriction that would give me some troubles.

If you're doing the TV only restriction you can just count the 5 lowest TV series from that studio since the others aren't eligible anyway.
Feb 24, 2017 1:50 AM

Jul 2015
Pullman said:

If you're doing the TV only restriction you can just count the 5 lowest TV series from that studio since the others aren't eligible anyway.

I see, thank you a lot mate! Problem solved then.
Feb 24, 2017 1:57 AM

Aug 2016
Eguy said:
I have 59 and don't get if I can use recommendations to others, but if I can't, please recommend something to me. If it helps, I like school and romance genres.
There's Watashi ga Motete Dousunda, but it's not very satisfying for the romance part, however the great comedy makes up for it. But if you're not too keen on fujoshi-related things, there's Fuuka, which is still airing right now.
Feb 24, 2017 3:20 AM

Apr 2012
Any reccomendations for #59? Looking for anime without mecha / ecchi / yuri :D

Feb 24, 2017 3:32 AM
Feb 24, 2017 3:42 AM

Apr 2012

Thank You! I wanted to watch Nozaki-kun for a while now but something always got in my way ^^

Feb 24, 2017 1:09 PM
Aug 2015
Protip: if you're posting about the challenge on Twitter, don't use #MAL2017, unless you like a lot of leather that is...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 66 67 [68] 69 70 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 7 hours ago

33 by Zayvex »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 47 minutes ago

13 by Nirinbo »»
6 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 5 hours ago

13 by Zayvex »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - Yesterday

20 by BlueBullet178 »»
18 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 4 hours ago

26 by Horizon248 »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.