Forum Settings
Forums

which old anime would you like to watch with new animation quality and why?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 22, 2017 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
Quite a bit of them. When your watching an action scene you don't want to watch a still frame with audio over it regardless of how good the story is.
Feb 22, 2017 12:32 PM

Aug 2016
the only anime that i liked but noticed the animation hurt it a bit is probably Texhnolyze but i would still want to be dark and gritty
Feb 22, 2017 12:35 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
If I had to choose, it'd be Cowboy Bebop. All the locations in the show look awesome and seeing them in a better or different animation would be interesting imo.
Feb 22, 2017 12:57 PM

Mar 2009
There's quite a few old anime that I would love to have remakes of.
But not because of the animation, which I don't mind at all... but continue to the story.
Examples of that is Gunmm and Angel Densetsu.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Feb 22, 2017 1:04 PM

Jan 2016
Nothing comes to mind but I would be curious af to see the Higurashi series with excellent animation quality... since, the bad animation of it actually added to what he series is going for. Also, it's just relatively old so yeah.
Feb 22, 2017 1:10 PM

Mar 2014
There's a lot of old action shows I wouldn't mind having remasters of but at the same time something appeals to me about the old art styles but I'd also be curious what they'd look like with a modern art style just for the sake of it.

However, this is all in theory, I'd much rather studios used their time to make new anime that could be better and breakthroughs sometimes as well as just producing more content for the anime audience to discover and enjoy!
Feb 22, 2017 1:12 PM

Apr 2016
I want to see Rave Master remastered, would love it done with same style as they did Fairy Tail x Rave.
Feb 22, 2017 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
A few of them, with more of a modern art style and better animation.
Great Teacher Onizuka love the series, dislike the art.
Touch, loved Cross Game and I desperately want to watch Touch but it literally causes physical pain to my eyes when I try and watch it. Haha oddly enough I don't mind the art it's just the animation they need to fix.
Kingdom, first few episodes the animation is so horrible I almost dropped the series. It improves but not great by any stretch of the word.
Feb 22, 2017 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
if it had to be remastered, Seikai no Monshou but no sidonia cgi crap
and devilman cuz it could be a good superhero show that everyone likes now :]
Feb 22, 2017 2:17 PM

Mar 2016
I would love to see Slam Dunk get an upgrade

Feb 22, 2017 9:18 PM

Feb 2017
Samurai champloo would be nice, no changes to it at all just update the animation, that's my opinion though, still love the Original
Feb 22, 2017 9:48 PM

Apr 2013
HamburgerSpike said:
A-S-U-K-A said:

the 80s art and animation is what made the movie work

plus it's a classic, no one should touch the classics, remakes of them will never be done justice

I think a remake of NGE and EoE would be also really nice. Especially the last episodes, they were poorly animated cause of lack of money and showed some random pictures without meaning instead.

the series wasn't ended on a good note, was very rushed and lackluster, but they made up with it by making the true ending of the series with the End of Evangelion film, which has aged really well.. it has stellar animation, and awesome action scenes, which are a lot better than many things done today
Feb 22, 2017 9:49 PM

May 2013
The first series of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya definitely. Compare the first series' animation with the magnificence of the movie and I almost feel embarrassed.
Feb 22, 2017 10:06 PM

Nov 2014
Fang of the Sun Dougram could be great remade.

Would love to see Gintama, Gundam 0079, Blood+, Macross and Full Metal Panic get the 720p treatment... worked beautifully for Gundam Seed.
Feb 23, 2017 12:18 AM

Nov 2011
AntwanMantilla said:
If I had to choose, it'd be Cowboy Bebop. All the locations in the show look awesome and seeing them in a better or different animation would be interesting imo.

Please tell me you're joking.

Cowboy Bebop is gorgeous and it has some of the best animation quality I've ever seen in a TV series. Like... in terms of sheer animation the only better TV series I can think of is One Punch Man, and OPM's world generally doesn't have as much detail as Cowboy Bebop's either.

Pouring even more budget into Cowboy Bebop to improve the animation would be an extreme case of diminishing gains. I'd much rather see the animation improved in something that is of average or low quality in the first place.

Off the top of my head... Sailor Moon Crystal, maybe? I've heard the animation quality in that is pretty awful, which is what led to its poor reception. From what I've seen of some scenes from World Trigger, that could probably use it as well.
Feb 23, 2017 12:24 AM

Apr 2010
I don't mind old animation at all, so none.

Feb 23, 2017 12:48 AM

May 2016
I would like to see the new berserk series actually be animated better than the original.
Feb 23, 2017 12:59 AM
Apr 2016
Berserk, the quality from the 1998 one is really good. I wouldve loved to watched the continuation for it in new animation quality. The latest one is done in CGI which is really crappy so that doesnt count for me.
Feb 23, 2017 1:09 AM

Apr 2011
SDF Macross, imagine if we had the tv series w/ the [or close to] the animation quality of Do You Remember Love? I'd be in tears from pure happiness! Gorgeous art, and we saw how good Mikimoto-san's work was for Koutetsujou no Kabaneri, it made the show for me. ♥
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Feb 23, 2017 4:31 AM

Feb 2016
A-S-U-K-A said:
HamburgerSpike said:

I think a remake of NGE and EoE would be also really nice. Especially the last episodes, they were poorly animated cause of lack of money and showed some random pictures without meaning instead.

the series wasn't ended on a good note, was very rushed and lackluster, but they made up with it by making the true ending of the series with the End of Evangelion film, which has aged really well.. it has stellar animation, and awesome action scenes, which are a lot better than many things done today

and here I was hoping I could trigger someone QQ Ill watch EoE eventually

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Feb 23, 2017 4:39 AM

Jul 2015
Holybaptiser said:
Devilman so I can get a shitty gore anime modernized.

Funny because I was thinking about Devilman Lady. Great show but oh boy, that animation is stiff. Tho a modern remake would probably replace the monsters by ugly CGI, and half the budget would go into Jun's Seiyu.
Feb 23, 2017 4:48 AM

Jan 2016
I would love to see Fist of the North Star redone. The animation seems really stiff now a days. As long as they keep ATATATATA and "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru", then I can't really see this going bad.
Feb 23, 2017 6:35 AM

Jul 2015
I would love to watch the Rose of Versailles with some good animation, anatomy and much less sparkles than the original. And no CGI included please.
Feb 23, 2017 6:43 AM

Feb 2015
I definitely want to watch Monster done by Ufotable just like they did with KnK, maybe with some Yuki Kajiura for the music.
That would be Epic.
Feb 23, 2017 1:04 PM

May 2016
I prefer the old school animation than this new animation.
Feb 23, 2017 3:11 PM

Feb 2015
Now, let's reverse the question, which new anime would you like to be done in the "old style" tradition, animation wise?

Mhh.. I dunno... But, the old ones should stay old, and the new ones should stay as it is. I guess, ppl value them(the old one) for the fact that the change from X to Y has been drastic, and how animation now are different from years before, I haven't seen series from the old years, so, yeah... I pretty much have no say to it.

Now seeing the comments, why is CB/Higurashi = old?

Mhh.. Now, that is interesting... Mhh...
Feb 24, 2017 6:00 AM

Apr 2015
For Me It Would Be The Early Episodes Of One Piece...
Feb 24, 2017 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
clannad with a less moe animation would be nice
Feb 24, 2017 7:16 AM
Dec 2012
Kare Kano.... "His and Her Circumstances" I loved this Manga and Anime!! It would be awesome if they did a revamp of the Anime and went a little further into the store like the manga...... ALSO.... I'd love to see a live action adaptaion... Just throwing that out there.
Mar 3, 2017 10:32 PM

Nov 2014
I guess it would be Slam Dunk and Captain Tsubasa since i thought those 2 series would be awesome with current new animation style..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Mar 4, 2017 12:38 AM

May 2014
Watching the old Initial D seasons in newer animation would be nice.
Mar 4, 2017 4:10 AM
Dec 2014
New anime "quality"?

Yeah no. Just look at Berserk.
Mar 4, 2017 4:14 AM

Jan 2013
I've recently started watching Major and 1-3 seasons' art and animation is kinda out of date, it didn't bother me since visuals is the least important factor for me, but then I saw the Winning Shot movie and even though it was released in 2008, just year after the 3rd season, the art looked so clean and the animation was much more fluent and now I really wish seasons 1-3 were remastered at least like this.
Mar 4, 2017 4:55 AM

May 2010
I'd watch another series of Slayers, Revolution/Evolution-R series weren't THAT bad :v
Mar 5, 2017 4:36 PM

Oct 2013
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes... oh wait, this is already getting a reboot by Production IG. I am still on the edge waiting for more details about it though.
- Berserk. No, the movies don't count since they are even more compressed than the original anime. But with the new shitty CGI series and all, I don't see a good modern Berserk adaptation coming anytime soon. Maybe once the manga finishes we can get a proper one.
- Trigun, similar to Badlands Rumble. Since Kekkai Sensen (made by the same author) has been so successful, the likelihood of a Trigun reboot could be in reach. They could make it manga accurate it too since the original Trigun had its own ending and all.
- The first season of Initial D. They made movies and all, but the cast is different and the story compressed, so I'm not satisfied.
- Rose of Versaille
- Gungrave
- Macross, the original 80s series
- Revolutionary Girl Utena
- xxxHolic, an entire reboot please with animation like in the latest OVAs. C'mon CLAMP, the manga is over.
- Outlaw Star
Mar 5, 2017 6:15 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Ashita no Joe....it needs to be re-animated with Hajime no Ippo-level of animation.

Probably it is too controversial these days, but why the hell not

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 25 minutes ago

8 by Ratris_Decision »»
18 seconds ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

23 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

18 by deg »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 2 hours ago

9 by Kushna »»
17 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 4 hours ago

19 by Zakception »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.