Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 65 66 [67] 68 69 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2017 5:26 PM

Apr 2016
So for the challenge of predictive search with your username, I got this. Link to image. (Quick side note: The image, I felt was too large, so I have linked it instead.)

Since I've already seen Drifters, I was going to the second option. However, the anime is a third season. Could I watch the first season in replacement of the sequel or am I going to have to watch the prequels to use this anime to complete the challenge?
This is a signature. It is used to hold images and words. However, I am using it to store these lines your reading right now!
Feb 19, 2017 5:38 PM

Feb 2010
Butterstroke said:
So for the challenge of predictive search with your username, I got this. Link to image. (Quick side note: The image, I felt was too large, so I have linked it instead.)

Since I've already seen Drifters, I was going to the second option. However, the anime is a third season. Could I watch the first season in replacement of the sequel or am I going to have to watch the prequels to use this anime to complete the challenge?

Not sure what you mean, that is the first season of UBW that is listed. The only thing you should watch before that is the prologue:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27821/Fate_stay_night__Unlimited_Blade_Works_-_Prologue

In general I think you can watch anything that shows up in the predictive search though, but only those specific entries listed count towards the challenge.
But you didn't do it the way the challenge described. It should look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/9O7bXCa.png
You shouldn't press the 'view all' button, otherwise it wouldn't be predictive anymore.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 19, 2017 6:55 PM

Apr 2016
Pullman said:
Butterstroke said:

Not sure what you mean, that is the first season of UBW that is listed. The only thing you should watch before that is the prologue:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27821/Fate_stay_night__Unlimited_Blade_Works_-_Prologue

In general I think you can watch anything that shows up in the predictive search though, but only those specific entries listed count towards the challenge.
You shouldn't press the 'view all' button, otherwise it wouldn't be predictive anymore.

Thanks for the quick response and correcting my mistake. I forgot to select anime before searching. Oops!

Also, I haven't seen any of Fate/Zero and I just followed the prequel links from the search result. That's why I called it a third season. Figure I clear up my mistake on that as well.
This is a signature. It is used to hold images and words. However, I am using it to store these lines your reading right now!
Feb 19, 2017 8:28 PM
Mar 2015
If anybody is looking to complete challenge 7 (Watch a Korean or Chinese anime)
with something that can be watched on Crunchyroll
you can use these Chinese Anime:

To Be Hero

Ling Qi

Hitori no Shita: The Outcast

Karen Senki

Cheating Craft

Kurokan

Feb 20, 2017 12:49 AM

Feb 2015
Hi,

Can someone please recommend me an Anime for #59.

I'm missing a lot of the classics, but most of them are on my PTW list, so something that's a big gap in my history and not on my PTW list would be great.

Thanks in Advance
Feb 20, 2017 12:58 AM

Dec 2014
Ellii said:
Hi,

I'm missing a lot of the classics, but most of them are on my PTW list, so something that's a big gap in my history and not on my PTW list would be great.

Thanks in Advance

One classic series missing from your ptw list is Trigun, so I'm recommending that for you.
Feb 20, 2017 1:11 AM

Feb 2015
AnnaSartin said:
Ellii said:
Hi,

Thanks in Advance

One classic series missing from your ptw list is Trigun, so I'm recommending that for you.

Description makes it sound pretty great, and definitely in my range of tastes.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add it to my challenge
Feb 20, 2017 4:01 AM

Feb 2011
Butterstroke said:
Pullman said:

Thanks for the quick response and correcting my mistake. I forgot to select anime before searching. Oops!

Also, I haven't seen any of Fate/Zero and I just followed the prequel links from the search result. That's why I called it a third season. Figure I clear up my mistake on that as well.

Fate/Zero is an actual prequel (as in, it's intended to be read/seen, when you know the entirety of Fate/Stay Night already). Problem with that is that F/SN hasn't been completely adapted yet (but will be, when the Heaven's Feel movie comes out). UBW can be safely watched on its own.

Feb 20, 2017 6:16 AM
Jul 2018
so many animes are getting a second season on the next season so since i'm new to anime i'm going to watch them all in march
hopefully they'll fit with some of the categories
Feb 20, 2017 8:18 AM

Aug 2016
For the item 41 (Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human), may I use Hanekawa Tsubasa even if she isn't always in her cat form?
Feb 20, 2017 8:23 AM

Jan 2017
Thanks for the banners~ Will be adding them soon
@Akizakura- @KuraikoDesu @caandylicious

@That_Was_hentai as already said that should be posted here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476
please remove or edit the sign up posted here
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=3300#msg49720018

izik1 said:
I signed up yesterday and would like to know if I have things set up in a sane way, here is the post: https:///forum/?topicid=1582476&show=2550#msg49710222 thanks in advance

that isn't a working link. But looks good. I suggest to remove the unused lines, unless you plan to try doing a full card.
Feb 20, 2017 8:27 AM

Mar 2016
Dark_Quasar said:
For the item 41 (Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human), may I use Hanekawa Tsubasa even if she isn't always in her cat form?
IF you plan on using Nekomonogatari: Kuro then i would say that should be fine since she is in her cat form for most of the series. If you plan to use Bakemonogatari i would say no, since only 5 episodes out of the 15 are about her so she would only be in cat form in those 5 episodes. Its up to @AWC_Mod so you will need to wait for her to tell you.
Feb 20, 2017 9:07 AM

Jan 2017
Dark_Quasar said:

she needs to be in that form most of the anime, so go with what Sojin said up there

-- From post #2578 to #2619
If you are in the middle of editing your sign up form, then apologies for the mention

Please fix your Initial Post Number
@iBoi 2585 @Sommeil-Eternel 2586 @UnknownNadim 2587 @speedfreek19 2591 @issiehyoudou 2599 @Jesuistygrr 2602 @EssieLove_ 2611 @MarianaRedWixi 2614

@WatcherM1 Please fix your Initial Post Number (2604) and keep the ending tags for the spoiler and the numbered list

@jai_2k please don't double post your sign up form (2617 - 2618) https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=2600#msg49730708
AWC_modFeb 20, 2017 9:28 AM
Feb 20, 2017 11:12 AM
May 2016
AWC_mod said:
izik1 said:
I signed up yesterday and would like to know if I have things set up in a sane way, here is the post: https:///forum/? topicid=1582476&show=2550#msg49710222 thanks in advance

that isn't a working link. But looks good. I suggest to remove the unused lines, unless you plan to try doing a full card.

Ah, it seems like alot of links I try to place get broken, and I'll remove the unused ones when I get back, I could always re-add them before I finish the challenge and change the level I think.
Couldn't find a signature from any other anime I watched related to the mal 2017 challenge other than this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 20, 2017 3:12 PM

Jan 2017
Ahoy!
I was going through all the challenges I need to do and I stumbled across #73: Finish an on-hold or dropped anime.
I have never dropped a show and the three that I currently have on hold are Dragon Ball Super, Naruto: Shippuuden, and One Piece. These shows (as far as I know) don't have any end within sight.
Because of this I came here to see what I should do.
Feb 20, 2017 3:15 PM

Sep 2014
Dankenstein said:
Ahoy!
I was going through all the challenges I need to do and I stumbled across #73: Finish an on-hold or dropped anime.
I have never dropped a show and the three that I currently have on hold are Dragon Ball Super, Naruto: Shippuuden, and One Piece. These shows (as far as I know) don't have any end within sight.

You can start a show, then set it to on hold for a few months and finish it.
Feb 20, 2017 3:16 PM

Mar 2016
Dankenstein said:
Ahoy!
Naruto Shippuuden actually does have an end in sight, it should be ending in about 5 weeks or less.
Feb 20, 2017 3:18 PM

Jan 2017
Sojin said:
Dankenstein said:
Ahoy!
Naruto Shippuuden actually does have an end in sight, it should be ending in about 5 weeks or less.

Sweet, thanks for letting me know. I will have to keep that in mind.
Feb 20, 2017 3:31 PM
Jun 2016
Need Anime Recommendation

ty in advance
Feb 20, 2017 3:55 PM

Dec 2014
johnnybro66 said:
ty in advance

Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World is amazing:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/486/Kino_no_Tabi__The_Beautiful_World

So is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28735/Shouwa_Genroku_Rakugo_Shinjuu
Feb 20, 2017 3:59 PM

Feb 2010
Sojin said:
Dankenstein said:
Ahoy!

Really? Do you have a source? Because I don't want to get my hopes up again, I've heard people say the same thing a few times before and it never turned out to be true.
Feb 20, 2017 4:12 PM

Mar 2016
Pullman said:
Sojin said:

Really? Do you have a source? Because I don't want to get my hopes up again, I've heard people say the same thing a few times before and it never turned out to be true.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34566/Boruto__Naruto_Next_Generations
Set to air sometime in April, they're not going to run Boruto along side of shippuuden, so the logical answer is, its going to end. Also it says Shippuuden is a Prequel sooo yea.
Now that im looking at the dates it might be more than 5 weeks, but my point is, its ending soon enough.
Feb 20, 2017 4:41 PM

Feb 2010
Sojin said:
Pullman said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/34566/Boruto__Naruto_Next_Generations
Set to air sometime in April, they're not going to run Boruto along side of shippuuden, so the logical answer is, its going to end. Also it says Shippuuden is a Prequel sooo yea.
Now that im looking at the dates it might be more than 5 weeks, but my point is, its ending soon enough.

I see. That makes sense, although I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they aired both for a bit, but it does seem unlikely. I'll be looking forward to Boruto then.
Feb 20, 2017 5:40 PM
Jun 2016
AnnaSartin said:
johnnybro66 said:
ty in advance

Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World is amazing:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/486/Kino_no_Tabi__The_Beautiful_World

So is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28735/Shouwa_Genroku_Rakugo_Shinjuu

much appreciated, i wish u a long life friend
Feb 20, 2017 9:44 PM
Nov 2015
Yeah, I'll need a recommendation too... feel free to recommend any stuff as long it's possible to get it, I'm almost finishing the challenge, haha.
Feb 20, 2017 11:30 PM

Apr 2014
GNozaki said:
Yeah, I'll need a recommendation too... feel free to recommend any stuff as long it's possible to get it, I'm almost finishing the challenge, haha.

Here is some recommendation
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
Golden Time
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
Hachimitsu to Clover
Nana
NHK ni Youkoso!
Natsume Yuujinchou
Feb 20, 2017 11:40 PM

Jun 2015
So I need a reccomendation. Preferably not action.
:)
Feb 21, 2017 12:34 AM

Apr 2014
desseroni said:
So I need a reccomendation. Preferably not action.

From your plan to watch list
Shiki
Shinsekai Yori
Amanchu
Mawaru Penguindrum
Binbougami ga
Nagi no Asukara
Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari
Feb 21, 2017 12:39 AM

Jun 2015

Cool thanks for the reccomendation.
:)
Feb 21, 2017 4:24 AM

May 2016
can someone plz suggest me a good anime for 59.
Feb 21, 2017 4:46 AM

May 2014
Can someone recommend an anime? (#59)
:3

Here's my list.

Feb 21, 2017 5:11 AM

Jul 2015
Sorry if that was asked already, but would Kanna or Tooru from Kobayashi-san count as "characters that don't look human"?
Feb 21, 2017 5:32 AM

Apr 2014
coromandel said:
Can someone recommend an anime? (#59)
:3

Here's my list.

Here is some recommendation
Clannad
ReLIFE
Genshiken
Seitokai Yakuindomo
ef: A Tale of Memories.

MetaThPr4h said:
Sorry if that was asked already, but would Kanna or Tooru from Kobayashi-san count as "characters that don't look human"?

Tooru and Kanna should count as "character that don't look human" since the criteria is "traits that human don't have" followed by example such as horns and tails. Since both have horns and tails + have supernatural power they should count.
virusungenFeb 21, 2017 10:13 AM
Feb 21, 2017 8:34 AM
Apr 2016
I don't know if this has been asked (Or if anyone does the same thing I do but--)
Most of my on-hold list is items I had either accidentally out on there instead of 'plan to watch' or things I watched 5 or so minutes of and went "I'll get back to that later".
(Probably.. should've put those into Plan - to - watch.. huh..) Anyway, can I still use those if I haven't completed an episode for them? Or should I find something else?
Feb 21, 2017 8:57 AM

Apr 2014
ColourlessEyes said:
I don't know if this has been asked (Or if anyone does the same thing I do but--)
Most of my on-hold list is items I had either accidentally out on there instead of 'plan to watch' or things I watched 5 or so minutes of and went "I'll get back to that later".
(Probably.. should've put those into Plan - to - watch.. huh..) Anyway, can I still use those if I haven't completed an episode for them? Or should I find something else?

#73 only states that it can't be during 2017. So I think it is allowed if you did watch the 5 minute of the series before 2017. The anime that was supposed to be in Plan to watch are probably not allowed. You can also use dropped anime for that challenge.
Feb 21, 2017 9:11 AM

Oct 2016
I want a new recommendation for challenge 59, if its supernatural, Sci-fi or related whit my plan to watch list or my favorite list better, but it can be others.
Feb 21, 2017 9:16 AM

Apr 2015
Hi again! Sorry for writing in this thread so often lol
I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for an anime that begain airing between 1990 and 1999. I was originally going to watch Pokémon but not all episodes of the first season have been subbed.
I'd actually prefer if it *wasn't* in the Pokémon range of episodes, something with 1 or 2 cours (or a movie) would be nice.

Feb 21, 2017 9:16 AM

Oct 2016
I putted Danganronpa 2.5: Nagito Komaeda to sekai no hakaimono for the challenge for challenge 35, Watch an anime with less than 5,000 completed members when it haved around 4000 completed members, but now it has more than 7000, is it valid now??
Feb 21, 2017 9:40 AM

Apr 2014
rodriboy said:
I want a new recommendation for challenge 59, if its supernatural, Sci-fi or related whit my plan to watch list or my favorite list better, but it can be others.

From your plan to watch list:
Amaama to Inazuma
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Clannad: After Story
Death Note
Zetsuen no Tempest
Kotonoha no Niwa
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Additional recommendation:
Shinsekai yori (tagged as both supernatural and Sci-fi)
rodriboy said:
I putted Danganronpa 2.5: Nagito Komaeda to sekai no hakaimono for the challenge for challenge 35, Watch an anime with less than 5,000 completed members when it haved around 4000 completed members, but now it has more than 7000, is it valid now??

it is valid but you have to state the member it had when you stared watching it

KuraikoDesu said:
I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for an anime that begain airing between 1990 and 1999. I was originally going to watch Pokémon but not all episodes of the first season have been subbed.
I'd actually prefer if it *wasn't* in the Pokémon range of episodes, something with 1 or 2 cours (or a movie) would be nice.

Found some anime that started airing between 1990-1999
Ghost in the Shell
Mimi wo Sumaseba
Berserk
Mononoke Hime
virusungenFeb 21, 2017 10:18 AM
Feb 21, 2017 9:55 AM

May 2015
KuraikoDesu said:
Try Cowboy Bebop (English dub of it is brilliant and I hate 99% of dubs) or even the first Pokemon Movie, if you wanted something Pokemon oriented :)
Feb 21, 2017 10:01 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@virusungen thanks for helping but please don't double/triple post, just edit your last reply
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=3350#msg49744982
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=3400#msg49746923

rodriboy said:

No, if you didn't watch it already, since it's a 1 episode OVA. You will need something else.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 21, 2017 11:50 AM

Aug 2015
Recommend me something preferably a movie!
Thanks~
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Feb 21, 2017 11:51 AM

Jul 2012
Sato said:
Recommend me something preferably a movie!
Thanks~

Here ya go: https://myanimelist.net/anime/15813/Majokko_Shimai_no_Yoyo_to_Nene
Feb 21, 2017 11:52 AM
Jan 2016
Could someone give me a recommendation for #59? :)
Feb 21, 2017 11:55 AM

Feb 2010
MaraSofie said:
Could someone give me a recommendation for #59? :)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/11887/Kokoro_Connect
Feb 21, 2017 12:18 PM

Apr 2011
Is there a register for 4-koma, web and digital mangas? I do not exactly know how I should be looking for anime that are derived from this.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Feb 21, 2017 12:51 PM

Dec 2015
Need a recommendation for #59! Anything sorta close to a romcom would be preferred! Thanks~
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 65 66 [67] 68 69 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion ( 1 2 )

ShuisBased2 - Jan 15

66 by PostMahouShoujo »»
3 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 11 hours ago

38 by Absurdo_N »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime and Time Management

LenRea - Yesterday

17 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
21 minutes ago

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 9 hours ago

9 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
23 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

41 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.