Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Kakegurui' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 17, 2017 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
Frostbytes said:
So....psycho female kaiji? Sign me the fuck up.

My thoughts exactly.
Feb 17, 2017 9:42 PM

Oct 2012
Looks interesting. I'm up!
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Feb 18, 2017 7:29 AM

May 2015
Wintovisky said:
"An institution for the privileged with a very peculiar curriculum. You see, when you're the sons and daughters of the wealthiest of the wealthy, it's not athletic prowess or book smarts that keep you ahead. It's reading your opponent, the art of the deal. What better way to hone those skills than with a rigorous curriculum of gambling?"

Sounds cringy as fuck.

Please don't use a buzzword as the basis of your argument.

Feb 18, 2017 7:30 AM

May 2015
Hongu said:
Literally all I know about this series is that the girls constantly make stupid crazy orgasm faces and nothing else. Looks edgy, probably won't be my thing even though it involves gambling and Kaiji is one of my favorite anime ever.

Another buzzword, yay.

Feb 18, 2017 8:44 AM

Mar 2013
DatRandomDude said:
Synopsis sounds good, staff looks great. Sign me up fam !
Looks like something that could be airing this summer.
Would be dope.
keragamming said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
Winter 2018 Anime maybe, Mappa sure is busy for the next year

2018? This seems more likely to come out in the summer season this year honestly. February and March is when most summer line ups gets announced.

Nah this year be to soon for it to get animated as of now their are currently 36 chapters with chapter 37 coming out in a view days unless they plan to make it a 10- episode season their really is not much material so my guess is also that it will be animated somewhere spring or summer 2018
Feb 18, 2017 9:27 AM

Sep 2013
Kittens-kun said:
Wintovisky said:
"An institution for the privileged with a very peculiar curriculum. You see, when you're the sons and daughters of the wealthiest of the wealthy, it's not athletic prowess or book smarts that keep you ahead. It's reading your opponent, the art of the deal. What better way to hone those skills than with a rigorous curriculum of gambling?"

Sounds cringy as fuck.

Because I'm obviously trying to make such an argument by writing four words instead of just quickly showing my impression!!!!!

Institution for the sons and daughers of the rich. Already sounds stupid. Another teen centered anime for no reason, by the way. Washed up and boring as well. Wealthy people need their small ones to learn how to gamble because playing this game is what makes you ahead of the others!!!!!!!! Yea, I use whatever word I want to describe something so cheap and lazy like this. The premise sounds ridiculous and downright dumb. The pictures from the manga posted above just make it even more clear: "this is mature and deep, I'm gonna make stupid faces to prove it!". I bet it will be another shit anime like Kaiji (where everything goes wrong and everybody is bad for no reason).

It might turn out to be good (for the same people who like Kaiji and Re:Zero, probably), but it sounds completely cheap, ridiculous, lazy, dumb.
Feb 18, 2017 10:05 AM

Sep 2013
Wintovisky said:
Kittens-kun said:

Because I'm obviously trying to make such an argument by writing four words instead of just quickly showing my impression!!!!!

Institution for the sons and daughers of the rich. Already sounds stupid. Another teen centered anime for no reason, by the way. Washed up and boring as well. Wealthy people need their small ones to learn how to gamble because playing this game is what makes you ahead of the others!!!!!!!! Yea, I use whatever word I want to describe something so cheap and lazy like this. The premise sounds ridiculous and downright dumb. The pictures from the manga posted above just make it even more clear: "this is mature and deep, I'm gonna make stupid faces to prove it!". I bet it will be another shit anime like Kaiji (where everything goes wrong and everybody is bad for no reason).

It might turn out to be good (for the same people who like Kaiji and Re:Zero, probably), but it sounds completely cheap, ridiculous, lazy, dumb.

Or
Or
Why not just check the manga before making unfounded
conjectures?
Feb 18, 2017 10:18 AM

Sep 2013
HunterZ-PT said:
Wintovisky said:

Or
Or
conjectures?

Or let me comment about my impressions? Why do you care? I have watched a lot of stuff to know what I like and what I don't. I guess I can make some predictions about a future airing anime if I want. The same way you see something you will probably dislike and you say "Hmmm, not giving this a try". For instance, when the synopsis is dumb, when there is a genre you dislike, when you see the studio, when you watch an 1min preview etc. I don't need to watch or read shit to give these "unfounded conjectures" because they don't mean shit to anyone apart from me and are just surface like comments. The news is here so people can talk what they want; some people get excited because they like this kind of anime, some people think it'll be shit like many stuff produced nowadays. If you needed to read the source material to give simple impressions based on simple stuff, most people wouldn't make them because it doesn't make sense and because most people here don't read the source materials for up and coming anime. All these kind of stuff is just a filter because most people don't have the time to watch all anime and all manga, so you become picky to already cross from your list stuff you'll probably won't like for whatever reason it is. It's just a fucking remark like most of the others here, the difference it is a negative one.
Feb 18, 2017 9:17 PM

May 2015
Wintovisky said:
HunterZ-PT said:

Or
Or
conjectures?

Or let me comment about my impressions? Why do you care? I have watched a lot of stuff to know what I like and what I don't. I guess I can make some predictions about a future airing anime if I want. The same way you see something you will probably dislike and you say "Hmmm, not giving this a try". For instance, when the synopsis is dumb, when there is a genre you dislike, when you see the studio, when you watch an 1min preview etc. I don't need to watch or read shit to give these "unfounded conjectures" because they don't mean shit to anyone apart from me and are just surface like comments. The news is here so people can talk what they want; some people get excited because they like this kind of anime, some people think it'll be shit like many stuff produced nowadays. If you needed to read the source material to give simple impressions based on simple stuff, most people wouldn't make them because it doesn't make sense and because most people here don't read the source materials for up and coming anime. All these kind of stuff is just a filter because most people don't have the time to watch all anime and all manga, so you become picky to already cross from your list stuff you'll probably won't like for whatever reason it is. It's just a fucking remark like most of the others here, the difference it is a negative one.

You're writing it off based on a synopsis. Not a single part of the show has even been shown yet. Just wait until it actually airs to pass judgement on it.

Feb 18, 2017 9:49 PM

Sep 2013
@Kittens-kun Sadly I don't have the time to watch every single new show out there so I have to make some cuts and "judge" like that. Even though it's not real judgment but surface like impressions but whatever. Guess it's really hard to comprehend this. Funnily enough all that fuzz because of a simple negative comment. But if it's a positive comment you don't feel like telling people that they have to watch it or read the source. I wonder if you've ever decided not to watch a show because it looked bad (because of synopsis, PV, art etc. etc. etc.) without giving it a ~proper~ try, but probably not, considering your replies. Anyway, let's settle it here, I ain't replying anymore. I won't watch this show because it looks bad IN MY OPINION.

WintoviskyFeb 18, 2017 10:12 PM
Feb 18, 2017 11:07 PM

Jul 2014
I've read the first chapters and from what i remember this will be interesting.
And don't forget those faces hehe

Feb 19, 2017 3:16 AM

May 2015
Wintovisky said:
@Kittens-kun Sadly I don't have the time to watch every single new show out there so I have to make some cuts and "judge" like that. Even though it's not real judgment but surface like impressions but whatever. Guess it's really hard to comprehend this. Funnily enough all that fuzz because of a simple negative comment. But if it's a positive comment you don't feel like telling people that they have to watch it or read the source. I wonder if you've ever decided not to watch a show because it looked bad (because of synopsis, PV, art etc. etc. etc.) without giving it a ~proper~ try, but probably not, considering your replies. Anyway, let's settle it here, I ain't replying anymore. I won't watch this show because it looks bad IN MY OPINION.

Saying you won't watch a show and calling it bad based off a synopsis is stupid. We don't even have a PV yet. We know basically nothing about this adaptation.

And no, I wouldn't look at a show and say "this is bad" without actually watching it, that's nonsensical.

Feb 19, 2017 5:31 AM

Sep 2013
Kittens-kun said:
Wintovisky said:

Saying you won't watch a show and calling it bad based off a synopsis is stupid. We don't even have a PV yet. We know basically nothing about this adaptation.

And no, I wouldn't look at a show and say "this is bad" without actually watching it, that's nonsensical.

This is actually amusing. People "judge" stuff all the time and make impressions about every piece of information they get from something. Saying something looks bad is different from saying "this is bad". You're basically saying you never got turned off by any of the stuff I've said and never decided not to watch a show based on any of these stuff.

Read dumb synopsis with terrible premise? Watch the show. Genre is not your cup of tea? Watch the show. One minute preview looks bad? Watch the show. Manga passages people shared look appaling? Read the source and watch the show!

Yea, it's pretty clear is not worth it talking to someone like you. Your head is like a brick wall.
Feb 19, 2017 6:35 AM

May 2015
Wintovisky said:
Kittens-kun said:

This is actually amusing. People "judge" stuff all the time and make impressions about every piece of information they get from something. Saying something looks bad is different from saying "this is bad". You're basically saying you never got turned off by any of the stuff I've said and never decided not to watch a show based on any of these stuff.

Read dumb synopsis with terrible premise? Watch the show. Genre is not your cup of tea? Watch the show. One minute preview looks bad? Watch the show. Manga passages people shared look appaling? Read the source and watch the show!

Yea, it's pretty clear is not worth it talking to someone like you. Your head is like a brick wall.

You're the one calling a show bad with next to no information and I'm the dense one? Good joke.

Feb 19, 2017 12:13 PM

Oct 2013
Read a few chapters a while back, this is gonna be good!
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Feb 19, 2017 2:08 PM

Feb 2015
This looks interesting. I just hope that it doesn't have the usual school anime tropes.
Feb 19, 2017 2:14 PM

Mar 2013
Reinhard said:
This looks interesting. I just hope that it doesn't have the usual school anime tropes.

It only starts with one but after that it's all non cliche school anime stuff.
Feb 21, 2017 7:29 PM

Dec 2013
Read the manga, fuckin love it. Sign me up!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 21, 2017 8:27 PM

Jan 2010
This seems really interesting. Maybe I'll even start reading the manga if I have the time.
Feb 27, 2017 12:52 AM

Jun 2013
hopefully this isnt for 2017, otherwise god bless mappa
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Feb 27, 2017 1:00 AM

Apr 2014
Nice manga. I will watch this.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Mar 3, 2017 7:53 PM

Feb 2014
All of my yes goes into this i can't wait to see those faces and Yumeko's glorious red eyes!!!
Dragon Kick Your Ass Into The Milky Way!

Mar 21, 2017 12:19 PM

Oct 2013
@SenpaiJay98 @Z4k @Gala_Lion

It seems like I was right when I said it would air in the summer season of this year.

http://www.moetron.com/post/158665930938/kakegurui-tv-anime-scheduled-to-air-summer-2017
Mar 21, 2017 12:21 PM

Apr 2014
keragamming said:

It seems like I was right when I said it would air in the summer season of this year.

http://www.moetron.com/post/158665930938/kakegurui-tv-anime-scheduled-to-air-summer-2017

Yeah I didn't see that coming. Hopefully the production doesn't implode lmao.
Mar 21, 2017 12:22 PM

Oct 2013
Z4k said:
keragamming said:

Good thing it is not a action series.
Mar 21, 2017 12:33 PM

Mar 2013
keragamming said:

Still think it's to soon but I trust the director and MAPPA hope they will make it a hell of a ride :)
Mar 21, 2017 4:29 PM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
Z4k said:

Good thing it is not a action series.
I'm shocked, but I guess Altair will come out Fall 2017, or Winter 2018
Sup...
Mar 21, 2017 9:01 PM

Aug 2011
Ooh I remember hearing about this a while ago but never gave it a shot. I'll check out the manga, this looks like it'd be really fun.

Apr 22, 2017 9:46 PM

Jun 2014
This will be full of lips and orgasm faces, mark my words.
Apr 23, 2017 5:55 AM

Sep 2016
looks cringy and edgy as fuck
let's try reading the manga first
pretty good edgy manga i'd say
also the male MC is ruining the manga, need to get rid of his useless ass ASAP
GangsterCatApr 23, 2017 7:07 AM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.