Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2017 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, I thought this episode was kinda unique. The witch theme and magic with the Halloween style. Why didn't they air this in October

Had fun watching this episode for sure :D
Now I'm starting to miss Flying Witch
Feb 16, 2017 10:06 AM

Apr 2010
Koume's story was nice it seems she had a great friend when she was young.
Also that study session was epic in the amount the girls needed to learn and they somehow made it, well at least two of them did.
Feb 17, 2017 7:34 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
as par usual, i have to keep my heart from exploding....
Feb 17, 2017 8:02 AM

Jan 2012
Big episode for Nono and Koume, each with a flashback. Nice job on the test Nono, such beautiful singing. Yes Nina, your precious little sis is growing up. XD Your mom would no doubt be proud. Little Koume's witch adventures were extremely adorable. I'm sure they'll meet again someday. Oh yes, I noticed that shadow. ;)
Feb 17, 2017 8:05 AM

Jun 2015
The girls struggling to study was relatable, but only two of them passed. Nono's singing was pretty. Nice to know more about Koume. She had a great friendship with the witch.
Feb 17, 2017 8:37 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Nono singing in the first half was beautiful. She's growing up Nina-sensei. :)

Kon trying to sing was absolutely adorable. <3

Little Koume was really cute, Really like Marie and it's nice to see how she influenced Koume. The scene with Marie giving her hat to Koume instinctively reminded me of One Piece. XDD
Beautiful ending, Always chase your Dreams. :)
Feb 17, 2017 8:41 AM

Sep 2016
Kon EXPOSED lol, that was some legendary gintoki kamehameha practice moment XD

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 17, 2017 8:45 AM

Jan 2015
So the Urara's having an exam soon. Which means now they have to study hard. No wonder Koume referring the incantantion with more "Modern"-style, like that Explosion magic and Maid costume. She already meet with one after all, and had sad story about it. :(
MasceraFeb 17, 2017 8:48 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 17, 2017 8:55 AM

Jan 2013
That was another really great episode. Again is the situation where I just finished the episode and I'm already wanting the next one. And that was even with not that much Chiya in the episode. (Although she was sweet like usual.) The cast as a whole really are all great. Not one of the girls is lackluster at all. They're all incredibly loveable.

The first half was really interesting and sweet. IT was nice to see that Nono had a way to communicate with them afterall that doesn't trigger her shyness. One thing I really like about Nono more than other shy girls is she doesn't lack resolve and she will always try even if it won't always tend up well. She doesn't even need to be pushed to do so. She knows what she has to do and what she wants to do. Rather than the conflict being her mulling over whether she should do it or not, or how shy she is to be able to do it, it's usually that she feels she doesn't do it well enough. Her insecurities over her shyness and how hard it is for her, which is a lot more enjoyable than a character spending all their time just trying to get started.

Kon was also really cute in this first half. Her interactions in the show pointed towards a character who cares about their friends but also cares a lot about being the best herself. I mean it's clear she wants them to do well but when given the choice she's going to make sure that she passes (and judging from her exhaustion she has been doing that.) Also Kon is quite insecure. When outdone on the exam, she really takes it to heart and then tries to do what Nono had done and got priased for. She isn't confident enough in her own abilities to just do that and stand tall, when others get compliments she has to try to replaciate it herself. Also it's hilarious and adorable. Just watch >W<

Also the part with Nina and Saku was really touching. You can really get the sense that Nina cares for Nono and lvoes her very dearly. She loves that she's able to bget farther but also hates it as she won't be needed as much. This episode and episode 5 both point to Nina as being very interested in being a teacher and a sort of parental figure and she wants to do the best she can in it. In episode 5 she was very worried whether she was good enough, and whenever Nono starts to grow up she feels less needed and nessesary. It's nice as it shows the dynamic relationship of parents. It's nice to be needed and wanted but at the same time it's best for the kids if they grow up. Accounting for both is hard. I also lik eit how she reaches out to Saku for comfort. I mean it makes sense has they've been friends forever, but I mean as we learned last time, the two are soulmates for each other, and really with scenes like this who can doubt that?

The second half was really good as well. We got to learn more about Koume in it. That was really cool to see her backstory. It's interesting to see how much she took after MArie as a lot of her mannerisms seem to be in Koume's personality as well. I guess that's how children go though. She really had an influence on her. The story itself was quite sad. Poor Marie she didn't deserve to be run out like that. There are hints that it could happen to the main girls themselves at some point which is sad.

Also it's interesting to see Koume wants to be a rank 1 urara as well. It seems all of them do besides maybe Nono. It's funny how Koume and Kon (well previously) kept it secret so they could keep up their apperances. (Although I'm not sure who Kon was trying to fool since she is such a try hard.) They should be more like Chiya and be open with everything.~

Wow that was a lot I had typed. ^^;;; It was another really good episode. I just can't get enough of this show. I want more ;w;
Feb 17, 2017 9:12 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Koume is the star here, man was she cute.
Feb 17, 2017 9:44 AM

Apr 2014
this ep was the best ep so far the whole Koume and the witch was sooo cute loved every bit of it, also would be nice at some point for the witch to show up again

but yeah great ep Koume is best
"one step at a time"
Feb 17, 2017 12:17 PM

Jun 2013
Koume is so cute!!
Feb 17, 2017 12:31 PM

Feb 2016
Such an adorable backstory for Koume! These last two episodes have been great. I'm glad the series has been getting better and better recently.
Feb 17, 2017 3:03 PM

Oct 2013
A nice episode of nostalgia and reminiscing for Nono and Koume. The scenes with Koume and Marie were just great. I could watch a full anime series just on that relationship. Anyone else notice the witche's shadow pass over the field after the girls fell out of sight on Koume's broom?

It made me wonder if Marie is still in France, or does she have some connection to Labyrinth Town?
Feb 17, 2017 3:11 PM

Dec 2016
That was a really nice episode.

Feel sorry for Koume and Marie that their time together was ended like that.

If I was a witch I think I would just become the enemy of humanity. The people say negative things about you so you might as well do them and give them what they want, a real reason to despise and hate.

Preview for next episode show the girls half naked, I expect Saku to make an appearance during that time as usual.
Feb 17, 2017 3:36 PM

Jun 2013
Nina-sensei copping a feel. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Feb 17, 2017 6:01 PM

Dec 2014
Another charming episode.

Very much reminded of Flying Witch during the 2nd "segment." Nice moral at the end.
Feb 17, 2017 6:15 PM
Dec 2011
What a lovely episode this was. That would explain why Koume attained a hat and broom... can't wait for the next episode!!!
Feb 17, 2017 11:12 PM

Apr 2016
Very nice Koume backstory.
The witch Marie is very pretty too. I hope she appears once again before the anime ends.
Feb 18, 2017 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
Kon in a maid outfit yet again. Haha

Nono's singing voice is so soothing, but what made me really laugh out loud in the first half is when Kon was busted by Koume singing that incantation. XD

Koume's backstory in the second half... No wonder she went with French way back during the first episode; she got that influence from mademoiselle Marie, after all. Now everyone's got a reason on becoming a first-ranked urara.
Feb 18, 2017 5:31 AM

Jun 2012
I already hope for 2nd season, since i doubt they will become 1st ranked Urara in remaining episodes :)
Feb 18, 2017 7:42 AM

Jun 2016
Interesting new plotline... That shadow at the end though :0
Feb 18, 2017 8:44 AM

May 2015
That was a nice Koume background story, and little Koume was so cute and adorable!

Feb 18, 2017 10:29 AM

Mar 2008
Aww little Koume backstory how a witch came to live with her and that inspired her, it was very sweet especially Koume's bit at the end. Wanting to be the best for the woman who inspired her (hey just like LWA!) and a little mishap with the broom for laughs a little dash of a witch shadow flying across no doubt dear Marie still watching her little student. Show is so cute it's already half-way over :(
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Feb 18, 2017 10:43 AM

Jan 2013
One of the best episodes.
Loved Koume's backstory. It's so nice to see her being inspired by that witch.
So that's why Koume never leaves her hat & love it so much ;)
Marie was actually very cute :3 Hope they do an OVA about her.

And as it seems, Marie is closer than Koume thinks ;)

Just like in LWA.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 18, 2017 10:43 AM

Jan 2013
ShadowBlazer3000 said:
Aww little Koume backstory how a witch came to live with her and that inspired her, it was very sweet especially Koume's bit at the end. Wanting to be the best for the woman who inspired her (hey just like LWA!) and a little mishap with the broom for laughs a little dash of a witch shadow flying across no doubt dear Marie still watching her little student. Show is so cute it's already half-way over :(

OMG!! Yes exactly, just like LWA.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 18, 2017 10:45 AM

Feb 2008
Just when I think this anime couldn't get any sweeter and cuter, it defies my expectations once again. Such an adorable episode! I'm really loving the character backstories and how it motivates them today.
Feb 18, 2017 11:06 AM

May 2014
Nono's singing was cute and Nina-sensei's reaction on her being grown up with Saku is cute

Nice to have some back story for Koume , I really the part when Marie left and give Koume a challenge to became the strongest witch of their country
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2017 1:28 PM

May 2012
Very nice episode as usual. Marie liked to troll Koume so much that i'm not surprised she is Koume's most loved and hated person XD

That name though Marie Quispiroucouette...such a strange surname.

Nina-sensei is also so lovely.

The ending song grew on me so much at this point, but it's so bad that the single will be release only next month =/
KaeUBWFeb 18, 2017 2:01 PM
I despise woke people.
Feb 18, 2017 2:11 PM

Sep 2013
Show is getting better and better.

Loved both Nono and Koume segments, but less Chiya screentime..........
Feb 18, 2017 3:57 PM
Sep 2013
this series is super refreshing, I love it!!
Feb 18, 2017 6:55 PM

Jan 2016
poor ms rank 5

witches get stitches, stop with these snitches... i was thinking

Feb 18, 2017 9:04 PM

Mar 2009
Underrated show of the season.
Feb 19, 2017 9:08 AM

Jul 2009
I hope Koume's witch friend will show up soon!
Feb 19, 2017 3:30 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Quite the interesting episode
So this weeks theme and topic is incarnations eh
Considering how long these can be memorizing them all for a test is visually impossible. The girls reactions seems to agree with me. So this is the first obstacle that the girls face on their path to becoming Urara eh. Its nice to see the girls not be discouraged about how hard the challenge looks though. But man memorizing all those incarnations sure is looking impossible for the girls. Even Kons not doing so well lol

Nina experienced the same thing when she was younger as well so she knows what its like. Meditating under waterfalls is still a thing eh lol Nina must really like suffering or something. Koume imagining the incarnations as a song though was interesting. Koume's idea of Kon's incarnation though was funny. Nina as the devil punishing Chiya for her idea was funny though. Incarnations were created long ago so they will of course be part of tradition. To think that incarnations are essentially the urara's talking to the gods and asking for their help.

The girls analogy was nice though. Maybe god will lend them some soy sauce. Its nice to know the wording of the incarnations is not important but rather whats from the heart thats more. Nina's punishment scenes are hillarious. Too bad they still need to learn the basics though. Chiya seems motivated though as she's not afraid of speaking to the gods but Nono's going to be a problem with her shyness.

Its nice that the girls are willing to help each other though as though they are rivals they are also friends as well. Kons headband though. Kons incarnation though while simple is actually quite soothing. Hmm a incarnation that heals and invigorates that also sounds like a lullaby thats interesting. Its nice that Nono is able to remember something from her mother though.

Wow to think that Nono was such a good singer and that she was able to say that incarnation perfectly as well. It was funny seeing the girls almost falling asleep from that though. Using your own strong points to compensate for your weakness is a admirable concept. So Kon and Nono manage to pass while Chiya and Koume didn't. Nina's reaction to seeing Nono's determination to succeed though was unexpected. Im sure she was surprised that Nina was so determined and at the same time glad as well. But Nina must feel proud as well at the same time realizing that she needs to do better herself.

Seeing Koume's childhood though was interesting. Wow Koume looks pretty different in the witch outfit though. Koume trying to explain why she doesn't like witches yet giving plenty of reasons why she admires them was funny. I like how this episode also expands upon Koume's childhood. Man she looks really cute when she was little. So because Koume met a witch from France she grew to admire them eh. Man the witch sure likes to make herself at home though decorating Koume's room to her taste instead. The witches punishment of Koume is still as hillarious. The witch was pretty mischievous eh. Even when little Koume still has a lot of courage though. Though she was lucky that Marie was awake.

Witches are commonly seen as bad people unfortunately and with something like a plague happening it would be normal for people to suspect her. Still it seems that she seems to be the understanding type though. Koume must be heartbroken though since she had formed such a strong bond with her. So in the end Marie didn't want Koume to follow her footsteps eh. Well in the end she meant well to Koume though. Nina's warning though sure was unexpected but it makes sense. Anyone with some kind of powers would no doubt be viewed with suspicion outside of the town much like watches do. But its nice that Koume is so determined to become the top Urara though. The ride on the broom in the end though was funny
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2017 1:59 AM

Dec 2011
Can't fully enjoy the second half..

I was "distracted". And "hard".
Feb 20, 2017 3:20 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Ahhh fave episode so far! Much bias because I love witches. ;A; I am actually Koume. Sobs.
I also work with effects of herbs and such on the human body... or I'm trying to/studying it.;; It's hard to actually wanna mix it all together when you can buy the teas that do the same thing and are probably safer.;; I'm especially trying to make sure I don't use any herbs that cause any problems-- like some herbs can cause paralysis and stuff and I don't want to mess anyone up. It's a lot to study. I'm happy they mentioned a little about it. I was kinda thinking like, "Lol wtf am I even doing? Maybe I should just leave it up to tea blenders and work on some other types of witchcraft", but man this inspired me to keep going. ;o;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 21, 2017 4:32 AM

Apr 2015
need more maid Kon!!
really like Koume's back story about witch...
it's that boi!!
Feb 21, 2017 11:34 AM

Jun 2016
One of the best episodes so far, I loved the backstory about Marie and Koume.
I love this anime.
Feb 21, 2017 2:15 PM
Mar 2012
Marie such cool witch, need more screentime.
Nono fun singing.
Liking Koume's witch incantation & backstory.
2 still need exam retake
Feb 24, 2017 10:02 PM

Oct 2008
LOL Urara Majo Academia.
4/5.

Mar 1, 2017 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Pleasant and even well designed this episode. Narrative that leads us to discover a lot of things and showing growth and the characters' inclinations. Characters that do not fail to be entertaining in their actions, good progress of the plot. Nono is growing very, poor sister, lol!

GangsterCat said:

Beautiful reaction, by Koume. XD
Mar 3, 2017 9:43 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Quispiroucouette ?!
Being French, I can swear I have yet to see such fancy name.

Mar 4, 2017 1:11 PM

Jun 2013
Awww, another adorable episode!
Mar 5, 2017 2:25 PM

Dec 2012
Koume's story was really nice, it was the best part of the episode
Apr 9, 2017 10:02 PM

Mar 2015
Nice episode, Marie was gorgeous wow
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 13, 2017 4:49 PM

May 2012
This episode sure was quite cute :3 especially loved that backstory! Let's see what's next.
May 15, 2017 2:26 PM

Nov 2013
I don't like the show but part about Marie really impressed me. Too bad that she is not around anymore. I hope we will see more of her.
Jul 17, 2017 8:20 AM

Aug 2009
Gvendoline said:
I don't like the show but part about Marie really impressed me. Too bad that she is not around anymore. I hope we will see more of her.

the first part with the lullaby thing was nice too but the witch shined
Dec 4, 2017 3:06 AM

Sep 2012
GangsterCat said:

that was hilarious lol

blixie said:
Nina-sensei copping a feel. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

future couple i presume :)

bittersweetlove said:
I hope Koume's witch friend will show up soon!

that would make a interesting EP :)
Sugram22Dec 4, 2017 3:10 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Where to start the manga

bezardo - Feb 7

4 by Otakupervert890 »»
Feb 7, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

93 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

59 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

48 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Urara Meirochou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

45 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.