Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 3, 2017 8:02 PM

Nov 2014
Looks like many people were disappointed when this just aired, and now this show slowly keeps increasing in ranks unlike majority of other shows.
Tanya also keeps increasing in popularity, she makes me think of a new Lelouch.

Feb 4, 2017 5:43 AM

Oct 2012
Tbh I don't understand why many people were supposedly disappointed. Yes, the art deviated from the novel, but it wasn't a bad change.

While the face of that Second Lieutenant with those big eyes is an eyesore (*unintentional pun*), it was quite obvious from the content that this will be great
Feb 4, 2017 9:48 AM

Mar 2015
for me, i didn't read the LN and was actually going to skip the anime but when i found that MYTH&ROID are making the opening, i decided to give it a try. at first, i thought it's going to be another Izetta but i'm glad and stuck through to the end. so far, i'm enjoying the show a lot and Tanya is probably one of my favorite chars in anime ever.
ExTemplar said:
she makes me think of a new Lelouch.
she does for me too and that's probably why i like her a lot
Feb 4, 2017 8:15 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Shiniela said:
Tbh I don't understand why many people were supposedly disappointed. Yes, the art deviated from the novel, but it wasn't a bad change.

While the face of that Second Lieutenant with those big eyes is an eyesore (*unintentional pun*), it was quite obvious from the content that this will be great

I generally don't read manga/LN with an anime adaption until after I've watched the anime - adaptions generally miss too much and I'd rather be surprised in the anime. besides, if I like it enough, I'll read the manga/LN and the additional arcs and details just seem like a bonus to me. So based on that, I am seriously enjoying Youjo Senki.

And yeah, I have looked at the manga, and while NUT didn't do a great job with the art, it's really bad with Viktoria

Feb 4, 2017 8:23 PM

Jan 2017
It really is a surprise for me. I knew nothing about this show going in to watch it, except for a short preview I read about it at RC that piqued my interest into checking out the first episode; I would have skipped for the art alone, but I decided to take a peek. I saw some people where disappointed with the first episode for reasons. I wasn't. I thought the first episode was great, looking at the environment and atmosphere. And the music was great. I didn't know anything about Tanya, but she's the best character I'm watching this season now.

Feb 4, 2017 8:30 PM

Nov 2014
With every episode it keeps jumping up.
7.28->7.57->7.68->7.7->7.81

Feb 4, 2017 9:09 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
ExTemplar said:
It's also jumped from the 8th or 9th most watched series of the season to the 6th, and it has a legitimate shot at getting the 5th spot.
Feb 4, 2017 9:15 PM

Feb 2011
i normally hate edgy shit but this is soooo over the top edgy that im actually enjoying it
its like all the edgy tropes came together and fucked and this is the result, let me bask in your edge tanya chan~~~
Feb 4, 2017 10:35 PM

Mar 2014
Shiniela said:

For me, it's very disappointing that it only has 12eps
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2017 5:36 AM

Jul 2008
I'm glad I watch this show, it is a lot better than I expected :)
Feb 6, 2017 6:50 AM

Apr 2015
Modo942000 said:
for me, i didn't read the LN and was actually going to skip the anime but when i found that MYTH&ROID are making the opening, i decided to give it a try.

MYTH & ROID is doing the opening?
I'm sold.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Feb 6, 2017 3:30 PM
Nov 2016
elkensteyin said:
Shiniela said:

I generally don't read manga/LN with an anime adaption until after I've watched the anime - adaptions generally miss too much and I'd rather be surprised in the anime. besides, if I like it enough, I'll read the manga/LN and the additional arcs and details just seem like a bonus to me. So based on that, I am seriously enjoying Youjo Senki.

And yeah, I have looked at the manga, and while NUT didn't do a great job with the art, it's really bad with Viktoria

My guess is they did that on purpose to make Vik the opposite of Tanya in every way possible including the looks.
Feb 11, 2017 6:59 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
ExTemplar said:

It's now jumped to 7.88, and is only 4,000 short of passing LWA for #5 spot of the season
Feb 11, 2017 8:45 AM

Feb 2014
For you to have an idea:

Feb 11, 2017 8:49 AM

Nov 2014
elkensteyin said:
ExTemplar said:

It's now jumped to 7.88, and is only 4,000 short of passing LWA for #5 spot of the season
This is just beautiful.

Feb 11, 2017 11:09 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
thewiru said:
For you to have an idea:

That's pretty incredible - I'm not sure I've seen an anime keep rising like that. Only Kobayashi is anywhere near it, and that's my #2 for the season.
Feb 12, 2017 5:13 PM
Jan 2012
The series really did impressed me a lot, much so that I actually started to read about WW1 in detail for first time, and I have to say the novels a manga do a amazing job with the equipment and weapons, the anime fall short in some key points sadly still good but it could have been better with the right art work, is just sometimes the anime doesn't capture the atmosphere as well as the manga.
Still I started reading the novel just a couple of days ago and I'm again amazed by how well written it is.
Feb 13, 2017 12:05 AM

Aug 2013
The only problem is the art, it isn´t terrible, but a lot of the time it seems kinda clumsy, especially compared to the ending.

Feb 13, 2017 11:41 AM

Dec 2015
The first episode discussion of the anime was full of salt and people complaining about whatever they could think of, people were too quick to judge it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 13, 2017 4:09 PM

Feb 2017
Well, I'm not used to anime rankings, I discovered this anime by Sankaku, I got interested by the plot: a little girl involved in a world war were magic exist. Since the first episode was sold to me and until now I'm still watching it.

All Hail Tanya!
Feb 14, 2017 4:20 AM

Jan 2014
DarknessSerpent said:
The only problem is the art, it isn´t terrible, but a lot of the time it seems kinda clumsy, especially compared to the ending.

Give me one anime when art is as good just like on this cover (hellsing ultimate doesn't count because its an ova series).
Feb 14, 2017 6:48 AM

Aug 2013
Taito10 said:
DarknessSerpent said:

Give me one anime when art is as good just like on this cover (hellsing ultimate doesn't count because its an ova series).

Mushishi, Monogatari series, fate/stay night unlimited blade works, No Game No Life.

Feb 14, 2017 7:43 AM

Feb 2013
elkensteyin said:
Shiniela said:

Oh wow. The uniform too. Just look at detail. Closely resembles WW2 era Wehrmacht officer uniform whereas the one on the right looks more liek a generic military outfit. I have googled the mange for some images when this was announched and I instantly saw that manga had a much better art sadly.

As for the show itself when I saw it had a score of about ~7.3 I was somewhast disappointed slightly as I had hopes for this show but I thought oh well as long as there is an evil mc (+ as a bonus she's a loli) I thought I was going to enjoy it anyways at least somewhat but I still had hopes that score will get a bit better once more ppl see it, maybe in ~7.8 lines but now it's even better. Now all depends how good/bad the ending will be and it's a bit worrying that it's only 12 ep anime too.

Can't wait for it to finish airing so I can start watching it :P

DarknessSerpent said:
Taito10 said:

Mushishi, Monogatari series, fate/stay night unlimited blade works, No Game No Life.

>implying no waifu no laifu looks any good to begin with
If by Fate UBW you mean the new series I'd say the UBW does not look that good. In comparison Studio Deen old fate stay night has better looking characters imo. Illya, Saber, Rin etc... The Ufotables version has these weird looking eyes... Can't say much about monogatari series but the anime version has uhh "unique" art style. Hanekawa Neko is dope tho
PzKpfw_VI_TigerFeb 15, 2017 7:59 AM
Feb 14, 2017 6:04 PM

Jan 2014
DarknessSerpent said:
Taito10 said:

I am sorry but no. None of these anime has art just good like from this cover (backgrounds can be better drawn but not characters).
Taito10Feb 14, 2017 6:24 PM
Feb 17, 2017 10:21 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
ExTemplar said:

Status updated - up to 7.94 now, and only about 600 behind LWA for 5th place - just doesn't seem to stop going up, although it's rate of ascent has slowed due to a recap episode this week.
Feb 17, 2017 12:16 PM
Feb 2017
shotz said:
i'm going to be honest. i've watched all 6 episodes and i just can't take this show seriously. it just seems completely retarded to me lol. the loli characters seem so out of place in such a serious show where all the other characters are full grown military men.

that said i will finish it because it is at least a good bit entertaining. i was only close to dropping it because of how fugly visha is (seriously wtf were they thinking).

though overall after 6 episodes i still don't find this show very interesting beyond tanya's backstory. in terms of other stuff this season i much prefer ACCA.

Well you are not the only one that think that the premise is stupid, because that is one of the reason why many people dropped the show beside the character design.
Feb 17, 2017 12:23 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
pall_haigoli said:
shotz said:
i'm going to be honest. i've watched all 6 episodes and i just can't take this show seriously. it just seems completely retarded to me lol. the loli characters seem so out of place in such a serious show where all the other characters are full grown military men.

that said i will finish it because it is at least a good bit entertaining. i was only close to dropping it because of how fugly visha is (seriously wtf were they thinking).

though overall after 6 episodes i still don't find this show very interesting beyond tanya's backstory. in terms of other stuff this season i much prefer ACCA.

Well you are not the only one that think that the premise is stupid, because that is one of the reason why many people dropped the show beside the character design.

It's also the reason why the ratings and such are skyrocketing now, since the actually storyline is almost singularly unique, the character development has been well done, and the general level of production of the final product has been phenomenal.
Feb 17, 2017 12:39 PM
Feb 2017
shotz said:
pall_haigoli said:

yeah well i was open to the premise of a pyschopath being reincarnated into a loli mage in germany in an alternate universe lol. i thought tanya would be the exception though. it's just odd imo that there's another littel girl mage (visha) and the show doesn't treat it weird at all. the premise is just not executed convincingly.

as for the ratings i never understood why people rate a show before finishing it, but that's just me.
Um wait? You think Visha is a little girl? she is in her teens or older..... one of the theory to why the character design was made like this is because they want to contrast Tanya as younger and Her as older.
Feb 17, 2017 2:08 PM
Feb 2017
shotz said:
pall_haigoli said:
Um wait? You think Visha is a little girl? she is in her teens or older..... one of the theory to why the character design was made like this is because they want to contrast Tanya as younger and Her as older.
i dunno visha looks like a kid to me. regardless, she's still a sore thumb compared to the rest of the cast, including the 1 or 2 adult female soldiers i've seen.
I never said she wasn't and I think anyone can agree to that, that she look horrid in the anime, which we light novel and manga people feel so triggered about, because she look beautiful in the manga, while normal in the light novel.
Feb 18, 2017 10:08 AM

Oct 2012
shotz said:
pall_haigoli said:
i dunno visha looks like a kid to me. regardless, she's still a sore thumb compared to the rest of the cast, including the 1 or 2 adult female soldiers i've seen.

There aren't only old guys in the military. There are plenty young guys ranging from 16-18 based on looks. Just that the young guys are common soldiers. Also, Viktoria's also in the range of 16-18 i believe, but the art makes her seem so much younger, especially those eyes. Ugh, i quote (someone) "bring down the hammer of retribution on the wicked soul who decided that"
Feb 19, 2017 7:23 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
shotz said:
And we've all noticed that a and mentioned it - it's quite possibly the only minor failing (outside of NUT's production issues) that I can find fault with

thewiru said:
For you to have an idea:

It's now made it to the fifth most popular anime of the season, passing LWA. It's rating is also up to 7.95, whereas every other anime in the top 10 (with the exception of Kuzu no Honkai and Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon) have been steadily dropping.
Feb 19, 2017 11:12 AM

Nov 2014
thewiru said:
For you to have an idea:

is there an updated version of this?

Feb 20, 2017 8:48 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
ExTemplar said:
thewiru said:
For you to have an idea:

is there an updated version of this?

I think it was manually tabulated and charted in Microsoft Excel from this thread: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1580412
@thewiru
Feb 21, 2017 8:16 AM

Feb 2014
@ExTemplar

There you go
Feb 21, 2017 9:56 PM

Nov 2014
thank you kindly.

Mar 15, 2017 7:39 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
And Youjo Senki finally broke the 8.00 barrier
Mar 15, 2017 8:06 PM

Nov 2014
elkensteyin said:
I feel like it should've done that sooner.

Mar 15, 2017 8:25 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
ExTemplar said:
elkensteyin said:
I feel like it should've done that sooner.

Yeah, it definitely took a while and has slowed its ascent, while Maid Dragon has just launched up in ratings and viewers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

175 by Phixiately »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

186 by Phixiately »»
Apr 16, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2017

141 by Phixiately »»
Apr 15, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

290 by suyumanda »»
Apr 10, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

312 by Phixiately »»
Apr 10, 8:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.