Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 13, 2017 1:45 PM
Aug 2016
The type moon fate series is a long and well loved franchise and it is no suprise that many adaptations have been made over the years we even have two more series coming out later this year the fate extra and Aprochya series and the third route heavens feel adaptation.

While we are on the subject how would u feel if the the other holy grail wars in the main route would be portrayed and shown in anime form?

we already got the fourth holy grail and the fifth in three different scenarios so why not the others? at the very least we should see an adaptation of the third holy grail war as that was the moment that lead to the corruption of the holy grail trough Angra mayu and lead the change of events to the follow in both zero and fate stay night.

would you support this if it would become a reality?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 13, 2017 2:02 PM

Jun 2015
Gattmartna said:

You make it sound like most people here actually bought Japanese cds/bds.
Feb 13, 2017 2:04 PM

Oct 2014
yes please more fate series after the load of bullshit that was ubw i can not wait for more
Feb 13, 2017 2:06 PM
Aug 2016
Brb said:
Gattmartna said:

You make it sound like most people here actually bought Japanese cds/bds.

hey even if the western market is of a little factor than back home it still has a role to play in the bigger picture. so any support no matter how tiny s still support, besides i know many including myself who buy merchandise that involve type moon from japan itself myself included so their is that as well.
Feb 13, 2017 2:20 PM

Mar 2016
No, I am not a Fate Fanboy.
Nor playing VN in the first place.
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Feb 13, 2017 3:16 PM

Nov 2013
After the lackluster experience, that Fate/Zero was, I say I pass on that. Especially when you consider, that the first, second and third Holy Grail War ended with
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 13, 2017 3:20 PM

Apr 2015
Personally, I'd much rather have them create Emiya's ascension and journey to Archer
Feb 13, 2017 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
The first, second, and third holy grail wars would just in up being like Fate/Zero with more masters and servants we don't care about that will all die in the end of the show accomplishing nothing.
Feb 13, 2017 3:26 PM

Apr 2015
I don't need it, but I would watch it.
Feb 13, 2017 3:28 PM

Apr 2015
EZanime91 said:
The first, second, and third holy grail wars would just in up being like Fate/Zero with more masters and servants we don't care about that will all die in the end of the show accomplishing nothing.
If you strive to be relatable to your audience, this sounds like the best strategy.
Feb 13, 2017 4:10 PM
Aug 2016
Tylaen said:
Personally, I'd much rather have them create Emiya's
ascension and journey to Archer

you mean his exploits as the Hero Emiya and how he ended up as a counter guardian? yeah that would be interesting to watch.
Feb 13, 2017 5:24 PM

Mar 2008
Some things are better left to the imagination; it's how heroic spirits are born
Feb 14, 2017 10:52 PM

Nov 2009
Gattmartna said:
The type moon fate series is a long and well loved franchise and it is no suprise that many adaptations have been made over the years we even have two more series coming out later this year the fate extra and Aprochya series and the third route heavens feel adaptation.

While we are on the subject how would u feel if the the other holy grail wars in the main route would be portrayed and shown in anime form?

we already got the fourth holy grail and the fifth in three different scenarios so why not the others? at the very least we should see an adaptation of the third holy grail war as that was the moment that lead to the corruption of the holy grail trough Angra mayu and lead the change of events to the follow in both zero and fate stay night.

It seems nobody has said it yet, but grail wars 1-3 do not exist in any form of media. They are just events in the backstory of F/SN. There are no Fate/1st grail war VN or anything like that. F/SN was written with 5th grail war as the start.
And I think it's best for them to remain this way. Fate/Zero alone was enough prequels.
I'd rather see Mahoutsukai no Yoru adapted.
Feb 14, 2017 11:16 PM

Mar 2016
flannan said:

you might as well ask for a tsukihime anime to come out within the decade lol
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 14, 2017 11:20 PM

Dec 2015
Gattmartna said:
Tylaen said:
Personally, I'd much rather have them create Emiya's
ascension and journey to Archer

you mean his exploits as the Hero Emiya and how he ended up as a counter guardian? yeah that would be interesting to watch.

Agree.. Im curious about this as well...
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Feb 14, 2017 11:24 PM

Nov 2009
poppyface said:
flannan said:

I'm in the camp that recognizes Shigetsutan Tsukihime. :p
Feb 14, 2017 11:26 PM

Mar 2016
flannan said:
poppyface said:

i mean for ufo or another studio to animate another show
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 14, 2017 11:30 PM

Nov 2009
poppyface said:
flannan said:

Well, this is not very realistic, but in this case, they should animate Kohaku's route.
But I really want Len/Ren to get her own anime, not just a cameo appearance in Carnival Phantasm.

I think animating Mahoutsukai no Yoru is more realistic. (I haven't actually read that VN yet, so I'm not sure if there are any obstacles)
Feb 14, 2017 11:34 PM

Mar 2016
flannan said:
poppyface said:

Well, this is not very realistic, but in this case, they should animate Kohaku's route.
But I really want Len/Ren to get her own anime, not just a cameo appearance in Carnival Phantasm.

I think animating Mahoutsukai no Yoru is more realistic. (I haven't actually read that VN yet, so I'm not sure if there are any obstacles)

doesn't really seem like there should be any for tsukihime/melty blood either but with the cash cow that is fate i don't know if we'll see any non-fate projects for a while
maybe type moon 20th anniversary?
Feb 14, 2017 11:39 PM

Nov 2009
poppyface said:
flannan said:

doesn't really seem like there should be any for tsukihime/melty blood either but with the cash cow that is fate i don't know if we'll see any non-fate projects for a while

Well, Kara no Kyoukai did come out, mostly because Nasu became famous with Fate/Stay Night. So why not?
After all, it seems that every Key's work gets adapted to anime.
Feb 14, 2017 11:42 PM

Mar 2016
flannan said:
poppyface said:

Well, Kara no Kyoukai did come out, mostly because Nasu became famous with Fate/Stay Night. So why not?
yeah but it came out before the fate explosion that we're seeing rn
As famous as the original VN and Deen's adaptation made Fate a decade ago, it can't really compare with the countless spinoffs and popularity that we're seeing today
Feb 15, 2017 6:13 AM
Aug 2016
poppyface said:
flannan said:

As famous as the original VN and Deen's adaptation made Fate a decade ago, it can't really compare with the countless spinoffs and popularity that we're seeing today

There was a mention of type moon doing a remake for Tuskihime, i think it will be release for the game's 20th anniversary in 2020. at least that will be the most likely date they would do a remake.
Feb 15, 2017 8:29 AM

Apr 2015
I'm no massive Fate connoisseur, or even a Type-Moon connoisseur in general. But I'm pretty sure there is no media about the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Holy Grail Wars, and the only one that would really be interesting would be the 3rd only because (if memory serves correctly) Nazi Germany got involved in it. Pretty hard to adapt something that has nothing to adapt from.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Feb 15, 2017 7:24 PM

Oct 2014
InsaneLeader13 said:
I'm no massive Fate connoisseur, or even a Type-Moon connoisseur in general. But I'm pretty sure there is no media about the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Holy Grail Wars, and the only one that would really be interesting would be the 3rd only because (if memory serves correctly) Nazi Germany got involved in it. Pretty hard to adapt something that has nothing to adapt from.

just make a original script out of it taking the basic formula of the grail war
i am sure they can not fuck up as badly to make a worst script from the one of the ubw anime
Feb 15, 2017 8:46 PM

Aug 2013
I've been wanting to see this, I think they aren't even written in novel format and we don't really know that much about them. Knowing the origin of everything would be interesting. If only Nasu didn't have his hands full with Tsukihime's remake, and he wanted to make Mahoyo a trilogy if I remember correctly, so it looks pretty impossible.
But I'd like for it to happen, yep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2017 1:00 AM

Nov 2009
gabrielrroiz said:
InsaneLeader13 said:

i am sure they can not fuck up as badly to make a worst script from the one of the ubw anime

Given that UBW is probably the best route out of three routes of F/SN visual novel? I'd say the adaptation must have screwed something up.
Or that the haters are bad people who cannot accept the work's themes, and only watched it because they got into the franchise from the grimdark gorefest that was Fate/Zero.

Anyway, I would not trust those people to write a good script from scratch. And I doubt there is much to be gained from using Fate's name at this point, unless they can find a famous director/scriptwriter to promise the awesome.
Feb 16, 2017 7:27 AM

Oct 2014
flannan said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Given that UBW is probably the best route out of three routes of F/SN visual novel? I'd say the adaptation must have screwed something up.
Or that the haters are bad people who cannot accept the work's themes, and only watched it because they got into the franchise from the grimdark gorefest that was Fate/Zero.

Anyway, I would not trust those people to write a good script from scratch. And I doubt there is much to be gained from using Fate's name at this point, unless they can find a famous director/scriptwriter to promise the awesome.

Are you implying i do not like the work simply can not acept the work themes or because of some comparison with fate zero?
This constant mindset the fate fans have of simply supposing that as the only reason somebody would not like the work is insulting
I have dozens of issues with the show and guess what?
None of those have nothing to do with zero
I generally found the second season one of my worst experience with anime
Feb 16, 2017 7:42 AM

Feb 2016
The_Shy_Princess said:
After the lackluster experience, that Fate/Zero was, I say I pass on that. Especially when you consider, that the first, second and third Holy Grail War ended with

If it had interesting personalities and abilities and used some tactical schemes it would be cool to watch, but I doubt it would be the thing im talking about. Fate/Zero is pretty good btw

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Feb 16, 2017 7:47 AM

Nov 2009
gabrielrroiz said:
flannan said:

Are you implying i do not like the work simply can not acept the work themes or because of some comparison with fate zero?
This constant mindset the fate fans have of simply supposing that as the only reason somebody would not like the work is insulting
I have dozens of issues with the show and guess what?
None of those have nothing to do with zero
I generally found the second season one of my worst experience with anime

Please note that I have not actually seen Fate/UBW adaptation. But a lot of people claim that the pivotal Archer vs Shirou confrontation did not work for them in the anime. It can mean one of two things: either the adaptation sucked, or these people were the wrong kind of people. Normally I would say it's obviously the first, but my experience with MAL community makes me consider the second to be a viable alternative.
Feb 16, 2017 8:09 AM

Nov 2013
HamburgerSpike said:
The_Shy_Princess said:

If it had interesting personalities and abilities and used some tactical schemes it would be cool to watch, but I doubt it would be the thing im talking about. Fate/Zero is pretty good btw

It's great, that you enjoyed Fate/Zero, but I didn't.
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 16, 2017 9:24 AM
Aug 2016
The_Shy_Princess said:
HamburgerSpike said:

It was only in the second grail war that everybody was killed and it did serve a purpose as it layed the foundation for the rules and conditions to participate in the grail wars that came afterword.

look here is the information that we do have of the first three grail wars and judge for yourselves.

First Holy Grail War
The First Holy Grail War took place around 1800, but it was not meant to be anything like the future Holy Grail Wars. It was not named as such, only meant to be a ritual for the families to reach Akasha. It took ten years from its establishment to gather the necessary energy to manifest, but the Three Families originally planning to utilize it realized that the system could only allow for one person to utilize it. Though they had the same goals, their opinions on how to reach them were different, so the unforeseen aspect caused them to break off their alliance. They instead agreed to proceed with the system and means to create the Grail, but they would then become enemies when it was summoned.

Due to requiring seven Heroic Spirits to achieve the ritual and seven Masters to summon them, they had brought in four outside magi with the call of "We've succeeded in manifesting the Grail. If you'd like to witness this miracle, join us and become Masters." Though the outsider magi had only sought to learn about the ritual of activating the Grail, they used the internal quarrel as an opportunity to grant their own desires. Though the Three Families held the rights to the Grail, winning the conflict would allow them to obtain a wish regardless of the ancestry.

It was not a major conflict in the end, and can be called a "small quarrel of sorts" due to the conflicting opinions and interests. From the point of view of the Einzberns, the first time ended before the completion. The evocation site of the Grail was held at Ryuudou temple on Mount Enzou.

Second Holy Grail War
The Second Holy Grail War was held around 1860's, formally take on the name of the "Holy Grail War." Developing into a war for the second time, it pointed out shortcomings in the rules due to it developing into a murder spree in which nobody survived. It ended with no victory, and the Three Families took it as a lesson to create more precise rules such as bringing in a third party like the Church. The evocation site of the Grail was held at Tohsaka mansion.

Third Holy Grail War
The Third Holy Grail War took place in the 1930s, held on the eve of World War II.[4] The fourth evocation site was confirmed and established, later becoming the center of the developing residential area of Shinto, the Fuyuki City Hall. Jubstacheit von Einzbern prepared the Einzbern forest and castle as the family's headquarters. The Tohsaka and the Edelfelt families were participants. The Edelfelts had two Masters, each with the same Saber-class Servant due to their unique Sorcery Trait. The Einzberns, tired of losing out on reclaiming the Third Magic, subverted the usual system in an attempt to summon the Zoroastrian god, Angra Mainyu. They obtained Avenger, which replaced the Berserker-class, but he was a weak Servant without any abilities.

During the course of the War, there were battles over the Lesser Grail with the Imperial Army and the Nazis as well, and the fighting unfolded in the Imperial Capital. Avenger was lost early during the conflict, while upholding the Saber class' reputation, at least one of the Edelfelt sisters made it to the end. They were ultimately defeated by the Tohsaka, and the fate of the younger sister is unknown. The older sister ran away from the country, promising never to come back. The Lesser Grail was destroyed during the battles before the victor could be decided, so the ritual became meaningless and failed. The evocation site of the Grail was set to be at the Fuyuki Church.

There was a meeting held at a suitable time that appointed the then young Risei Kotomine as the supervisor for the next Holy Grail War. The ritual ended in failure, but Avenger, Angra Mainyu, was absorbed and the Greater Grail was contaminated. Up until that point, only true Heroic Spirits were summoned, but that contamination allowed for "something other than a Heroic Spirit" to be summoned during later Holy Grail Wars.

Based on all of this information, I would definitely want to see at least the Third Holy Grail war being animated at least.
GattmartnaFeb 16, 2017 9:30 AM
Feb 16, 2017 10:48 AM

Jul 2009
It'll happen when it'll happen (which is most likely never). I would rather have TM and Nasu finish up on both Tsuki RE and the Mahoyo sequels at this point and that's probably still going to take him a decade at the earliest. Fate shows are a dime a dozen these days and I can't say I'm really all that hopeful for most of them considering the quality of some of their latest adaptations.

Edit: Also, I find it pretty humorous how many of the frequent posters in FSN related topics are some of the series' most passionate detractors, to the point where they probably spend more time writing about Fate than your "typical fan". Don't get me wrong, I also think that some of their latest anime are quite mediocre (albeit for completely different reasons), but this still gives me a few chuckles.

Then again, that's simply MAL for ya, something is either really freaking amazing or absolutely garbage, no room for any constructive middle ground. Just look at any of the top rated reviews in most of the airing shows in the last few years.
SpencerBagelFeb 16, 2017 12:52 PM
Feb 16, 2017 10:53 AM

Jun 2016
Can't wait for the fate/extra. Studio Shaft is making it, which means that it will most certainly be amazing. I was a bit surprised that Ufotable wasn't making it.

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Feb 16, 2017 11:02 AM

Feb 2016
The_Shy_Princess said:
HamburgerSpike said:

Does every show has to have a happy ending to not be pointless for you?

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Feb 16, 2017 1:10 PM

Nov 2013
@Gattmartna

I admit, the Third Holy Grail War sounds interesting. Except the Nazi part. I don't trust anime with a proper depiction of Nazis.
Feb 16, 2017 1:25 PM

Nov 2013
HamburgerSpike said:
The_Shy_Princess said:

That's not what I said. I don't mind an ending with character deaths, if it serves a purpose in the narrative. Like Gattmartna explained, that it does in Holy Grail War 2.
Feb 16, 2017 1:32 PM

Apr 2016
Yeah sure why not ?

We need more salt !!!

anyway those "wars" was completely pointless so there is no real reason to get it animated lol...
Feb 16, 2017 1:50 PM

Mar 2016
Gattmartna said:
poppyface said:

There was a mention of type moon doing a remake for Tuskihime, i think it will be release for the game's 20th anniversary in 2020. at least that will be the most likely date they would do a remake.
the remake was originally announced in 2008, and production has been moving at barely a snail's pace. There is no release date in sight, not even a year
Feb 16, 2017 1:58 PM
Aug 2016
Swagernator said:
Yeah sure why not ?

We need more salt !!!

anyway those "wars" was completely pointless so there is no real reason to get it animated lol...

OH really? so lets ignore the fact that the third holy grail war instigated the corruption of the holy grail due to the summon of the Angra Mayiu cultivating the events that lead to both fate/Zero and Fate Stay Night, especially the heavens feel route. Or the fact that it was also a turning point were the type moon verse was nearly domianted by the German Empire and if they were not stopped from obtaining the grail the type moon verse would have been gotten a complete take over by the German Empire.

So the second Holy Grail war had no purpose? other than the fact that it served to show how such a great tempteation such as a wish granting device can lead to severe madness and large losses and that it changed the way the MAgi association handle it's mages and it's starting point of co-operation of the holy church to supervise the holy grail wars which in turn lead to established partnership that lead both the magi and church to handle more of the dark elements of the type moon verse especially in the annihilation of any members of the True Ancestors that are key part in Type moon especially in Tsukihime.

Also the First Holy grail war served no purpose either? well aside from establishing the history of the three great magi families and their reason behind into finding the root the ultimate goal of the magi or the establishment of the Ilisvieal Family trying to regain the third true Magic Heaven's Feel.

Everything can have a purpose if you can come with a plotline. Also it is not the first time we you see a series where the protagnist all die and it still served as a good story that is what we call a tragic story. something it think you are not familiar with.

Aside from that, i realized that a part of my wish will be granted in the Fate/Apocrohya adaption as the third holy grail war is the starting point of the alternate events that lead to the story synopsis, still you don't have to right down everything is pointless, everything has a purpose.
Feb 16, 2017 1:59 PM
Aug 2016
poppyface said:
Gattmartna said:

the remake was originally announced in 2008, and production has been moving at barely a snail's pace. There is no release date in sight, not even a year

i know but if there is still plan for the remake to come out, 2020 will be the best position to annouce it, just like how Unlimited blade works came about in the 10th anniversary of fate stay night.
Feb 16, 2017 2:04 PM

Apr 2016
Gattmartna said:
Swagernator said:
Yeah sure why not ?

We need more salt !!!

OH really? so lets ignore the fact that the third holy grail war instigated the corruption of the holy grail due to the summon of the Angra Mayiu cultivating the events that lead to both fate/Zero and Fate Stay Night, especially the heavens feel route. Or the fact that it was also a turning point were the type moon verse was nearly domianted by the German Empire and if they were not stopped from obtaining the grail the type moon verse would have been gotten a complete take over by the German Empire.

So the second Holy Grail war had no purpose? other than the fact that it served to show how such a great tempteation such as a wish granting device can lead to severe madness and large losses and that it changed the way the MAgi association handle it's mages and it's starting point of co-operation of the holy church to supervise the holy grail wars which in turn lead to established partnership that lead both the magi and church to handle more of the dark elements of the type moon verse especially in the annihilation of any members of the True Ancestors that are key part in Type moon especially in Tsukihime.

Also the First Holy grail war served no purpose either? well aside from establishing the history of the three great magi families and their reason behind into finding the root the ultimate goal of the magi or the establishment of the Ilisvieal Family trying to regain the third true Magic Heaven's Feel.

Everything can have a purpose if you can come with a plotline. Also it is not the first time we you see a series where the protagnist all die and it still served as a good story that is what we call a tragic story. something it think you are not familiar with.

Aside from that, i realized that a part of my wish will be granted in the Fate/Apocrohya adaption as the third holy grail war is the starting point of the alternate events that lead to the story synopsis, still you don't have to right down everything is pointless, everything has a purpose.

To put it short as i said before this Shakespeare litany, POINTLESS

No one give a damn about shit like that, we all need more waifus and more fanservice that is all type moon is about lol.

This is what made me proud on fate community, they need to show to the world that they know all that nerdy stuff....
SwagernatorFeb 16, 2017 2:08 PM
Feb 16, 2017 2:08 PM
Aug 2016
Swagernator said:
Gattmartna said:

No one give a damn about shit like that, we all need more waifus and more fanservice that is all type moon is about lol.

ok well that is your opinion but my opinion it is not pointless so we will end it there ok :D
Feb 16, 2017 2:19 PM

Apr 2016
@Gattmartna

Well i deffinetly feel ya dude :) but there is no specific "game" or "novel" from which they directly adapted it so. I doubt that all mighty god Nasu will even want adapt something like that he has full hands with beach episodes and gacha stuff.

But as i said i feel ya, i personally would want to see "origins" of saber animated you know Camlann, Merlin and stuff, also Golden King of Uruk and his homo adventures with Enkidu, Bull of Haeven and shit like that those are thinks i really want to see adaptated into anime. But then again only in parallel universe something like that happens (we need sieze Kaleidoscope or kidnap Zelretch!).
Feb 16, 2017 2:31 PM

Oct 2014
The_Shy_Princess said:
HamburgerSpike said:

That's not what I said. I don't mind an ending with character deaths, if it serves a purpose in the narrative. Like Gattmartna explained, that it does in Holy Grail War 2.

the character deaths had a purpose in fate zero narrative
the idea of the struggle itself being pointless is one of the series major themes
there is no easy solution for any of the main characters issues and no metter what intention they may have accomplishing their dreams is impossible
the show has this nihilistic dread as one of the core aspect and having most characters fail and being killed is important to that
Feb 16, 2017 2:45 PM

Nov 2009
gabrielrroiz said:
The_Shy_Princess said:

the idea of the struggle itself being pointless is one of the series major themes
there is no easy solution for any of the main characters issues and no metter what intention they may have accomplishing their dreams is impossible
the show has this nihilistic dread as one of the core aspect and having most characters fail and being killed is important to that

Oh please, you mean just like every other show from the Butcher where he mistakes unnecessary melodrama and DESPAIR for actual depth? Even a first year philosophy student would laugh at the shoddy portrayal of nihilism in that tedious affair. The writing in there is just as bad as any of the other Type Moon schlock where they spend 3/4 of the anime spewing boring exposition and pretentious "philosophy" with the atmosphere being the only well done/unique aspect of the series.
Feb 16, 2017 2:57 PM

Oct 2014
xenovibe said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Oh please, you mean just like every other show from the Butcher where he mistakes unnecessary melodrama and DESPAIR for actual depth? Even a first year philosophy student would laugh at the shoddy portrayal of nihilism in that tedious affair. The writing in there is just as bad as any of the other Type Moon schlock where they spend 3/4 of the anime spewing boring exposition and pretentious "philosophy" with the atmosphere being the only well done/unique aspect of the series.

i admit the philosophy and ideals most character have are pretty shallow hence i never get why people see an amazing ideological conflict in this series
but my argument was about the series deaths serving any meaning and as it is they are completely necessary for the tone themes and plot this series is going for so whether you think it uses those ideas and elements to a great affect is up to you
Feb 16, 2017 3:10 PM

Nov 2009
gabrielrroiz said:
xenovibe said:

i admit the philosophy and ideals most character have are pretty shallow hence i never get why people see an amazing ideological conflict in this series
but my argument was about the series deaths serving any meaning and as it is they are completely necessary for the tone themes and plot this series is going for so whether you think it uses those ideas and elements to a great affect is up to you
Sure, those might seem good on paper but that doesn't make their execution any less predictable or underwhelming. I still remember the flashback from Fate Zero's season 2 being one of the most cringy things I have witnessed due to how much it felt like a desperate attempt from Urobuchi to make you feel pity for the main character of the show. It was the same thing for Madoka.

The guy honestly can't write any character that I can naturally get attached to or that doesn't feel like a lazy plot element instead of a breathing, living human being. I would even go so far as to say that the writer of Fate/Stay Night does a better job than him in that respect.
Feb 16, 2017 3:30 PM

Nov 2013
@gabrielrroiz

Agreed. But I was talking about the previous Holy Grail War(s), not Fate/Zero.
Feb 17, 2017 2:00 AM

Nov 2009
Swagernator said:
Gattmartna said:

This is what made me proud on fate community, they need to show to the world that they know all that nerdy stuff....

While Type-Moon makes excellent waifus, they're not about fanservice. Prisma Iliya spin-off wasn't written by Type-Moon.
Maybe they make such fine waifus because they don't use much fanservice and they get to keep their "proper" appeal.

Also, I am not a student of philosophy, so philosophical parts of Nasu's works work well for me. That's not the only reason I'm happy I'm not a student of philosophy.
Feb 17, 2017 9:34 AM

Jun 2008
The entire Fate series is probably the most overrated thing I have ever seen in anime.

OK....let me start by saying, I actually like a lot of the things about Fate.

But the fanbase, the actual "plot", and the praise it gets for being just another battle shounen are pretty ridiculous.

BTW, did I mention how terrible the fanbase is? Because I want to emphasize that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.