Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jun 15, 2016 3:44 PM

Feb 2015
9/10 each season got better than the previous season it was pretty surprising seeing Alicia getting married and Athena changing careers, the Aria company is never going to grow since they all leave. Also nice to see best girl Alice referred to as the "Legendary Prima".

A couple of minor gripes I had was Cait Sith never appeared in this season though I didn't like the supernatural parts that much anyway. I also felt the Akiari-Alicia relationship wasn't developed that much at least compared to the other 2 though the ova helped with this.

I would of liked to see more Akatsuki as well especially since it's hinted that he had feelings for Akari at the end and there was no real conclusion to that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2016 9:26 AM

Aug 2014
This with episode 9 were the best episodes of Aria, It was a sad but lovely ending to the journey, Loved it.

Overall: I liked this season the most, it had better sounds better animation and better character development, however i didn't really care for the story, it was a nice peaceful journey, but far from a masterpiece imo.
With the exception of episode 1,9,13 which deserves a 9/10 score, all the other episodes were pretty average.
I know the series is the 3rd in the franchise and its not popular so that's the reason for its high rating, it is imo overrated.

My Final Score: 6.7/10
Jul 11, 2016 12:23 PM

Dec 2009
There's no one else is could have been but Ai-chan~
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 16, 2016 11:19 AM

May 2011
after 8 years done watching this, rewatch for nostalgia, and i realize in the last epsd, in the end Atora and Anzu still single.
Oct 6, 2016 6:05 PM

Aug 2015
Akari crying makes me cry (or at the very least tear up). That was a really beautiful episode the whole way through and I'm glad I stuck through with it to the end. At the moment this is my favourite slice-of-life anime, and before I thought I wasn't a fan of the genre!
Dec 3, 2016 6:51 PM
Feb 2015
this episode... this episode... it got me right in the feels just by this episode the show deserves 10... damn i am so sad i could cry right now... Akari grew up to be so beautifull... Alicia leaving :((( oh my god... cant put it in words
Jan 6, 2017 7:09 PM

Apr 2016
Most satisfying ending to anything ever.

I cried a lot.
Jan 9, 2017 3:27 AM

Feb 2013
This episode was too damn perfect!
It was really hard keeping myself from crying.
Aicia retired and she will get married, but we didn't see her husband.
Athena is a opera singer now.
Akira is the only one who is still a Prima.
Ai-chan came to Aria Company, kinda expected.
Akari is exactly like Alicia now!
Feb 10, 2017 9:25 PM

May 2016
eldest said:

you could also watch the picture drama, its kind of silly overall, but the 7th episode is actually quite good. it takes place after akaris ending monologue, but before ai joins aria company.

WHAT?! Okay, now I'm definitely watching those picture dramas!

Edit: I've seen the 7th episode from the picture drama. It's very very good, if you love Aria like me then you'll love that particular episode. The other episodes are more side-stories so feel free to skip them if you don't feel like watching it or don't like the presentation style. I still recommend watching all of the picture dramas as it's more story with audio! <3

As for this episode and overall series. 10/10.

Overall series:

There are many flaws but god damn do they never detract my enjoyment of this series. I don't think I've ever had a moment where I've had a criticism affect my opinion of the show whether it be others or my own. This is how much I love this show, willing to overlook the flaws for its pros. Of course, this makes me bias and you're god damn right about that. This series really shaped me as a person and my worldview since I picked this show up when I was at my very lowest point in my life. While I haven't fully embedded all of its lessons, it still affected me as an individual regardless.

This ending really outclassed every anime I've seen. The overall effect from this series was so great that it outshines Clannad AS for me (Clannad AS is great, Aria just did a splendid job). It took me two whole years to finish this series from watching the first episode of Animation on YouTube. A long journey, I'm very glad to have taken it extremely slow.

Okay, the final episode:

Planning to rewatch this series again later with the DVDs by Rightstuf, I hope it's just as good. Also, can't wait to watch Avvenire and the Picture dramas, then I'll read the manga to see what was missed.

This will sound corny for what I will say next probably. The story of Aria may have ended for the audience, but in that world it still continues regardless. In a way, this show is saying goodbye to its cast but also to the audience as well. The world in Aria is moving onto a new chapter and all of us as viewers are moving onto a new chapter as well.

Thank you for everybody that contributed to the production of Aria and the anime (manga, music artists, animators, directors, producers, etc.). Truly one of the best experiences I've had. I'll never forget this show. It's sketched into my life and I'll always look fondly on these past memories.
FestivalsOfComfFeb 24, 2017 10:15 PM
Feb 11, 2017 6:28 PM

Apr 2016
FestivalsOfComfy said:
Thank you for everybody that contributed to the production of Aria and the anime (manga, music artists, animators, directors, producers, etc.). Truly one of the best experiences I've had. I'll never forget this show. It's sketched into my life and I'll always look fondly on these past memories.

It's sad that the studio that made this masterpiece is no more.
Feb 11, 2017 6:43 PM

May 2016
CzeroC said:
FestivalsOfComfy said:

It's sad that the studio that made this masterpiece is no more.

While the studio may be gone, the people that made it up are apparently still around as they made Avvenire. Still kind of sad but I'm pretty sure they're all proud to have helped create this masterpiece.
Feb 12, 2017 12:36 AM

Jul 2014
@CzeroC
@FestivalsOfComfy
They merged with another animation studio:
Hal Film Maker's parent company, TYO Inc., merged its two anime studio subsidiaries—Yumeta Company and Hal Film Maker—on July 1, 2009. Yumeta Company absorbed Hal Film Maker and changed its name to TYO Animations.
Feb 12, 2017 1:42 AM

Apr 2016
mozgow said:
@CzeroC
@FestivalsOfComfy
Hal Film Maker's parent company, TYO Inc., merged its two anime studio subsidiaries—Yumeta Company and Hal Film Maker—on July 1, 2009. Yumeta Company absorbed Hal Film Maker and changed its name to TYO Animations.

Thanks for that info but i've known that for a while. To me once they merged, HFM is considered no more, as the studio has been "mixed". The result is that the latest edition of Aria, which is Avvernie, doesn't share the same trait with that of the main series when HFM was independent. It was quite dissapointing to me, not that it is bad, it just doesn't on the same level with the old Aria.
Feb 13, 2017 5:47 PM

May 2016
mozgow said:
@CzeroC
@FestivalsOfComfy

Ooooh interesting, I've known they merged but not known the exact details. Thanks for the info!
Apr 4, 2017 10:14 PM

Jun 2016
I'm so happy, I want to DIE.
Apr 11, 2017 4:40 AM

Dec 2014
I CRIED LIKE A BITCH, I FUCKING CRIED LIKE A MUTHAFUCKIN BITCH. MY PILLOW IS SOAKED.

May 2, 2017 10:04 PM
Dec 2014
Outstanding series to watch...it's a favorite now for sure!
Jun 7, 2017 7:53 AM

Oct 2012
Alicia is going to marry someone... what? How?
Who's this man? I'll beat him back to sense.. how dare he marry Alicia! xD

Why every good things must come to the end really fast :(
Aria is truly a wonderful anime, I'll miss this anime a lot
Okay me. Time to move on!

But I don't want to :(

Where can I find Mars that full of water?
Can anyone help me find it? xD
Rayl1ghtJun 7, 2017 8:37 PM
"Signature removed"
Jun 7, 2017 8:55 AM

Jul 2014
Ray_Light said:
Why every good things must come to the end really fast :(
Aria is truly a wonderful anime, I'll miss this anime a lot
Okay me. Time to move on!

But I don't want to :(

Where can I find Mars that full of water?
Can anyone help me find it? xD
It's not the definitive end, unless you've already seen Aria The Avvenire.
Oct 30, 2017 6:58 PM

Nov 2016
I'm speechless...

I think no superlative in my vocabulary would do this episode justice.
Following Akari and the others on their journey up to this point was an unforgettable experience, which ended on an extremely satisfying note.Great developed characters, gorgeous setting, atmosphere,music and hilarious comedy made this show a real masterpiece.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 23, 2017 11:52 AM

Nov 2011
I rated the previous seasons 7 and rated Origination 9 and added it to my favs, there was simply something magical about this season that the others didn't have. Alicia retiring is sad and Ai chan at the end there was a great tease, a bit too late to hope for a new season but would love one.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 30, 2017 4:02 PM

Aug 2015
nothing more to add and tbh words cannot express how good Aria the Origination was. The only thing I can say is that in this finale manly tears were shed.

Aria as a whole isn´t in my "best series ever", Had problems with some episodes from animation and natural, but I have to say Origination is probably one of the best series I have watched

10/10 for Origination 8.5/10 for Aria as a whole (for now atleast)
Apr 21, 2018 3:40 AM

Nov 2016
This ep made me cry more than any other anime so far. Put it at 3rd place in my faves above FMAB and Gurren Lagann.
Sep 10, 2018 2:05 PM

Oct 2017
I'd like to see the face of Alicia's husband.
Anyway, this show is what I wanted for a long ass time and I love it so much.

Dec 18, 2018 12:45 AM

Jan 2014
im not crying youre the one crying
kie_ said:
So they concluded the anime with some feminist shit...

Markdoka said:
The ones hating this anime are MOSTLY SJWs, yaoifags and Narutards. LUCKILY I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE DAMN SJWS, YAOIFAGS AND NARUTARDS bashing the show for being "too edgy" and "too un-PC".
Jan 10, 2019 10:47 PM

Dec 2008
This is #2 on my list of all time best anime series. This final episode left me feeling bittersweet-on one hand I was glad to see Akari, Alice and Aika become primas and achieve their goals. On the other hand I was sad to see this wonderful journey come to an end-the final scene with Akari's Aria Company and her new apprentice Ai made me teary eyed. I can't give this series a high enough recommendation.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Aug 7, 2019 6:12 PM

Nov 2012
I might be in the minority when I say this but for me The Natural was my favorite part of the Aria franchise, it had more episodes which really resonated with me and really helped me through my depression as I watched it. Not to knock The Origination down or anything, both were great series, I just loved The Natural much more for personal reasons.

If there's one thing I wish, it's that I hadn't inadvertently spoiled myself on the Ai-chan epilogue, looking back it does seem like the obvious set path but still it would have been more impactful not knowing about it ahead of time.

1000th anime completed.
Aug 22, 2019 9:21 PM

Oct 2018
Wow, what a finish to three incredible seasons, this show hit high notes for me, gonna have to put it on the shelf beside Ah! My Goddess as one of my favourites. Definitely has the same quality of amazing voice talent, fantastic art, and great music that really pulls it together in both pieces despite them being fairly mellow slice of life dramas with slight twists (ARIA:Sci-Fi, AMG:Supernatural)
Sep 2, 2019 12:05 AM

Mar 2012
I've been watching anime for many many years and have seen a tremendous amount of shows, not one of those have ever made me cry. But, Aria has officially broken that; the characters, the stories, seeing them grow, the changes and challenges they face, all of this added up so much climaxing at the latter half of the final season. The last two episodes were extremely emotional. I don't know if I should feel happy or sad, this anime was just amazing. I loved everything about this anime, and its a pinnacle of what a slice of life should be; happiness, joy, company, adventures, friends, experiences, happy and sad memories, emotional moments, evolution.

Overall, my favorite seasons were The Natural and The Origination. I really enjoyed the Natural as it focused a lot on Akari's relationship with Aqua and I really enjoyed all of the fantastical experiences she had in that season. The Origination because it was amazingly done, highly emotional, and a perfect wrap up to an amazing story. The Animation was also good but it was quite introductory; but it was completely necessary to create all of the emotions in the 3rd season.

I absolutely love this anime, 10/10

Also, I think this finale had such a big effect on me as Aria was one of the few shows I didn't speed through. Often I'll watch an anime all in one go (if its like 12 episodes), then if its longer spend a few days watching it. I watched Aria slowly over a long period of time, it really felt like I was watching these characters grow.

Sep 7, 2019 1:29 PM
Jun 2016
Man, it's very rare to see any Anime episode on MAL that has 96% of people loving it with at least 500 votes. This episode really deserves it though. One of the best and most emotionally satisfying finales in all of Anime. Aria is my favourite slice of life Anime and this episode fully solidifies that for me.
Jan 3, 2020 2:49 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
These last few episodes played with my heart like a filddle. A masterpiece through and through.

An easy 10/10.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 7, 2020 11:03 AM

Jun 2015
I never expected to see Alicia-san retiring. I thought she and Akari would run the company together and take in more pupils. I'm really curious about her husband. I wanted them to show him. Poor Akatsuki.

Akari became such a beauty when she grew up.

I'm sad that Cait Sith didn't show up in this season. I was looking forward to see him again.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 24, 2020 7:10 PM

Feb 2019
finally finished this series.
The ending was soo beautiful.
Simply one of the best finale I've ever seen.

10/10
Mar 12, 2020 4:35 AM

Jul 2016
So many tears was escaped from my blurry eyes...
I cried on goodbye ceremony, but... After that...
That moment with bright memories...
It makes my heart feel strong pain...
I cried very hard and loud...
But... I am glad, that all ended good for everyone.
Last montage before last ED was precious.
P.S.: Scene after that was dope. I knew, that Ai-chan is gonna be undine from the "Animation"! xD
RastaManGamesMar 12, 2020 4:49 AM
May 5, 2020 9:43 AM

Nov 2013
After finishing this series, I feel like I miss someone I never met
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
May 7, 2020 6:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cool heartwarming and cute anime to watch but very very far from a masterpiece, I can write 10 seasons in 2 days and characters aren't that deep at all, season 2 was the best one imo
May 15, 2020 12:24 AM

Mar 2019
Great conclusion, it was fast paced but still good
Not my favorite season even though the 2 last episodes were very good
Jun 17, 2020 1:16 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yep, its over. Its like the foreshadow on the Aria Arietta. Ai-cwhan really become a pair as a changed of old Akari. It seems the wheel of Akari's life never changed, if only its a bit sudden of changed. A bit unfortunate for not showing the marriage of Alicia-san. Even Aika relationship can't go far more than a walk free moment like in the end. Damn, Al-kun, why you can suddenly grow up fast like that? Im fuckin jealous, man, really! A bit unfortunate too looking that twos single from Orange Planet that had a change to stay with Akari in the middle of the show. Still, their happiness really give a warmth on my heart. A bit sad while knowing Athena chose different job. Yet, its pretty suit well with her talent. Heck, its was so fucking good. A bit sad too looking Akira was all alone as the only one legendary Water Fairy. Yet, her retirement must come soon, the moment can't never goes from my heart. Still, the happy face of Alice-cwhan really soothing. Everyone happiness, always gived me a happiness, indeed.

Ah, maybe, i had many other words to write on this. But, its enough. Everything was clear. Akari done her job well. And she really became like Alicia-san with her pink hair there, Lmao. And Ai-cwhan, fuck no! My girl finally start her life as a new trainee of Undine. Lets see her story in the next OVA. I can't wait to see it!

10/10 for sure. No doubt. No hesitations. And always be a legendary CGDCT SOL i've ever seen in the serious show. Amazing continuations. Amazing story. Amazing character, yet, they were all so fuckin adorable, and cute as an angel. Amazing art, amazing OST, amazing, damn, every aspect were indeed amazing. Its a masterpiece. Whatever people who always be a haters and assumed this show was shit. The shit they were talking will always served as my pure gold. Thats it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 30, 2020 1:25 PM

Apr 2018
10/10
Masterpiece season and I cried in last few episodes
This show is beautiful
Sep 15, 2020 7:14 PM

Aug 2019
hard for me to give shows a 10/10 but if any show deserves it, it’s this one in particular this season since this finale was absolutely beautiful.
Sep 20, 2020 9:38 AM

Oct 2014
willingscapegoat said:
Most satisfying ending to anything ever.

I cried a lot.

This series is a a lovely experience. 10/10
Oct 26, 2020 2:52 AM

Jan 2020
ALICIA BEST GIRL!
Jan 1, 2021 8:38 AM

May 2010
Didn’t quite cry but I was so close to it. Really the perfect ending to this series. It really feels like it wrapped up almost perfectly. I’m glad Alicia didn’t retire just because of marriage, that would’ve rubbed me the wrong way. Getting promoted too just makes sense. I think it’s funny that we never see her husband! Kinda shows she had a life outside of Aria too that we never saw (and that we didn’t really need to). Part of me imagines it was one of her clients that struck a chord with her and maybe he courted her over time by booking yours haha.

I’m excited to watch the next OVA as well as the upcoming movie. But I’ll treat them as the cherry-on-top because this really was the ending
Jan 24, 2021 11:09 AM
Jul 2020
I don't want this to end ;___;
Apr 9, 2021 5:05 PM

Sep 2018
I had tears from at least episode nine or ten onwards lol. Quite bittersweet throughout the final half of the season, but man, what a series. I think I enjoyed Season two slightly more than this season, but it peaked with the final few episodes.
Apr 9, 2021 10:55 PM
May 2020
My goodness, what an incredible ending to a phenomenal show. Definitely teared up a bit with all of the events that happened ;_;, enjoyed every second of it. I'm going to miss this masterpiece, going to check out the ovas and movie when it comes out.
Jun 29, 2021 1:02 AM
May 2020
Trollol_loL said:
My goodness, what an incredible ending to a phenomenal show. Definitely teared up a bit with all of the events that happened ;_;, enjoyed every second of it. I'm going to miss this masterpiece, going to check out the ovas and movie when it comes out.

One hundred percent agree with this guy ngl
Jul 14, 2021 9:44 PM

Jul 2019
I find the finale to be a little detached. The series kind of ended with not much of an emotional climax that I was expecting. All good moments came before the final 2 episodes or so.

All in all, it's a good series. It had its themes, emotional resonances, and character progressions. Beside some repetitive tropes, it's a solid 7/10 finale. I can understand why people give this series a 10. It's definitely unique in a sense with its presentations. Aria as a whole is probably my top 20 series of all time now.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 24, 2021 11:47 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
LordSozin said:
I find the finale to be a little detached. The series kind of ended with not much of an emotional climax that I was expecting. All good moments came before the final 2 episodes or so.

All in all, it's a good series. It had its themes, emotional resonances, and character progressions. Beside some repetitive tropes, it's a solid 7/10 finale. I can understand why people give this series a 10. It's definitely unique in a sense with its presentations. Aria as a whole is probably my top 20 series of all time now.
People don't give the origination a 10 because of its presentations or its uniqueness or whatever label you want to put on it. The reason why people give the Origination a 10 is simply that the ending is very emotionally powerful. Just that.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 25, 2021 1:21 AM

Nov 2019
I love Aria, but I have to agree with santetjan about how the adaption is inferior to its origin.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 7, 2008

98 by Nius1 »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 3 Discussion

StarCreator - Jan 30, 2008

38 by Jungle_Warrior »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 24, 2008

90 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - May 5, 2008

51 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Apr 30, 2008

72 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 28, 2023 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.