Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 18, 2016 11:15 AM

Mar 2016
tsudecimo said:
_Yato_God said:
Why is that toei makes so much revenue?

They have a lot of successful and big franchises. One of the oldest/biggest studios. Always have their anime on great TV slots which = high TV ratings= $$$

Their movies and merchandise make a lot of money too and they have properties over them like one piece for example.

Yeah ty, just saw they make One Piece and DBZ.

May 18, 2016 11:18 AM

Oct 2013
Isterio said:
bigivelfhq said:
Top 10 Character Brands relative to the entire industry share
Source: http://hanabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/mascot/1156214226/188-n

1 Anpanman 7.61%
2 Mickey Mouse 6.32%
3 Hello Kitty 5.60%
4 Pokemon 5.54%
5 Precure 3.93%
6 ONE PIECE 3.87%
7 Rilakkuma 3.06%
8 Winnie-the-Pooh 2.93%
9 Snoopy 2.53%
10 Super Mario Brothers 2.36%

1 Youkai Watch 9.76%
2 Mickey Mouse 6.53%
3 Anpanman 6.38%
4 Hello Kitty 5.11%
5 Pokemon 4.25%
6 ONE PIECE 2.88%
7 Rilakkuma 2.78%
8 Snoopy 2.71%
9 Frozen 2.70%
10 Precure 2.69%

You should add Japan only to that statement, because it´s literally impossible that this data can be applied worldwide.

Done!

_Yato_God said:
Why is that toei makes so much revenue?

Because is the anime studio with the most popular and liked series. Also is the oldest anime studio, still running, and the biggest.

They make a ton of series, those series run for a long time and have good TV ratings(and so sell well). So they sell just on TV more than most of other studios do in their entirety.
They have a good management and use their resources well in various parts of business, from Goods to Licensing.

And they own majority of their proprieties instead of being in Productions Committees(Though when doing movies, that spend a lot of money, both in production and advertisement, they do productions committees for those)
May 18, 2016 10:43 PM

Sep 2013
malki said:

Masao Maruyama: Personally, large organization with little freedom is not my taste. I’d rather be, working on things that I want to work on with people that I get along with.

And of course, Mappa’s now gotten big, so I don’t know what to do now! (laughs)

Holy sht this guy is so diluted :O
I would put a chain around him NOW!
All it takes is 1 good flop and mappa is in debt spiral hell.

bigivelfhq said:
Toei Animation 2015 Operating Results(April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016)

Overseas Sales
---
*6,819,000,000 Yen - Asia
*2,727,000,000 Yen - U.S.
*1,642,000,000 Yen - Europe
**,371,000,000 Yen - Latin America
=
11,560,000,000 Yen

If only Latin America wasn't a poor poverty undeveloped mess it might give Asia a run for it's money, the fans are really dedicated, dbz alone would beat the US and Europe..
May 19, 2016 12:59 AM

Jun 2015
ichii_1 said:
malki said:

Masao Maruyama: Personally, large organization with little freedom is not my taste. I’d rather be, working on things that I want to work on with people that I get along with.

And of course, Mappa’s now gotten big, so I don’t know what to do now! (laughs)

Holy sht this guy is so diluted :O
I would put a chain around him NOW!
All it takes is 1 good flop and mappa is in debt spiral hell.

bigivelfhq said:
Toei Animation 2015 Operating Results(April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016)

Overseas Sales
---
*6,819,000,000 Yen - Asia
*2,727,000,000 Yen - U.S.
*1,642,000,000 Yen - Europe
**,371,000,000 Yen - Latin America
=
11,560,000,000 Yen

If only Latin America wasn't a poor poverty undeveloped mess it might give Asia a run for it's money, the fans are really dedicated, dbz alone would beat the US and Europe..

I cant see Latin America coming close to even francwe let alone whole europe...
May 31, 2016 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
What about MAPPA?

They've produced some anime with advanced visuals that haven't sold very well like Terror in resonance and Bahamut.

Surely they must feel the financial toll of this, and yet they've announced a second season of Bahamut and an original project as well. How much longer can they keep this up?
May 31, 2016 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
BlueBalls said:
What about MAPPA?

They've produced some anime with advanced visuals that haven't sold very well like Terror in resonance and Bahamut.

Surely they must feel the financial toll of this, and yet they've announced a second season of Bahamut and an original project as well. How much longer can they keep this up?

Bahamut was entirely funded by Cygames so MAPPA didn't lose anything. They're still funding the second season by themselves IIRC.

Edit: Found it
Cygames invested in Rage of Bahamut Genesis itself instead of using the more standard "production committee" model, where an anime is financed by several companies.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-28/rage-of-bahamut-developer-cygames-establishes-anime-company/.100391

Edit 2: Apparently NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan was backing the project as well.
Z4KMay 31, 2016 10:42 AM
Jun 6, 2016 6:18 PM
Jul 2015
TV Tokyo highest grossing Anime in 2016
1. Naruto
2. Yo-kai Watch
3. Gintama
4. YuGiOh
5. Pokemon

Source

The source also have some numbers if someone know Japanese.
Jun 6, 2016 6:20 PM

Nov 2014
Dab1za9 said:
1. Naruto
2. Yo-kai Watch
3. Gintama
4. YuGiOh
5. Pokemon

Source

And than people wonder why Naruto does not stop fillers.

Jun 6, 2016 7:33 PM

Mar 2015
Dab1za9 said:
1. Naruto
2. Yo-kai Watch
3. Gintama
4. YuGiOh
5. Pokemon

Source

i am more surprised gintama can be that high o_O?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 7, 2016 1:49 AM

Apr 2014
Dab1za9 said:
1. Naruto
2. Yo-kai Watch
3. Gintama
4. YuGiOh
5. Pokemon

Source

Does it include sales from movies or is it just from the TV ratings alone?
Jun 7, 2016 2:42 AM

Oct 2013
The ranking includes every licensing money TV Tokyo earned with those properties. Domestically and Overseas. Film(Disk, TV, Movie) and Licensing and even others.

There are 2 rankings:

TV Tokyo anime title Sales Best 5 (March 2015 April to 2016)
1. "NARUTO"
2. "Specter watch"
3. "Gintama"
4. "Yu-Gi-Oh!"
5. "Pokemon"

and

TV Tokyo anime title by gross profit Best 5 (March 2015 April to 2016)
1. "Specter watch"
2. "NARUTO"
3. "Pokemon"
4. "Gintama"
5. "Yu-Gi-Oh"

Conclusion, Naruto sold more, but the cost of sales was bigger than Youkai Watch.
Aug 5, 2016 3:30 PM

Oct 2013
Toei Animation 2016 1st Quarter Results(April 1, 2016 to Jun 30, 2016)

Best Net Sales and Income of 1st Quarter in 14 years!
Domestic sales decreased in general! Overseas sales increase in general and it was enough balance domestic sales and make a positive balance.

Dragon Ball Franchise got an incredible increase again. One Piece is slower, but also increasing.
bigivelfhqAug 5, 2016 4:29 PM
Aug 13, 2016 9:53 AM

Jun 2013
bigivelfhq said:
Toei Animation 2016 1st Quarter Results(April 1, 2016 to Jun 30, 2016)

Best Net Sales and Income of 1st Quarter in 14 years!
Domestic sales decreased in general! Overseas sales increase in general and it was enough balance domestic sales and make a positive balance.

Dragon Ball Franchise got an incredible increase again. One Piece is slower, but also increasing.
there's really no stopping toei at current rate. I wonder why the sudden increase?
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Aug 13, 2016 11:29 AM

Sep 2013
Gonzo's records are here.
They made about $14 million in revenue and $4 million in profits in the 2015 fiscal year (idol money too stronk).
http://www.gonzo.co.jp/ir/ir-library/

Asatsu-DK is also interested in buying them off (the whole stake is worth 6.2 billion yen based on 26,819 yen share price), nothing confirmed yet I think.

http://otakomu.jp/archives/398867.html
Aug 13, 2016 11:41 AM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
Gonzo's records are here.
They made about $14 million in revenue and $4 million in profits in the 2015 fiscal year (idol money too stronk).
http://www.gonzo.co.jp/ir/ir-library/

Asatsu-DK is also interested in buying them off (the whole stake is worth 6.2 billion yen based on 26,819 yen share price), nothing confirmed yet I think.

http://otakomu.jp/archives/398867.html

Cool I didn't knew that Gonzo still had a public IR. Though, that is totally my fault that didn't went to their site searching for it.

That revenue is not much is basically 1.4 Billion yen. A little more than the 1.2B bones made at that time.
For a company that achieved 4.8B in 1 year, is really unfortunate. But to talk truelly I was expecting a even greater decrease from the their peak days.

I'm going to later take a look at Gonzo site and see if I find other interesting data.
Feb 7, 2017 6:40 AM
Aug 2016
When will this list have an update for 2016?
Feb 9, 2017 9:45 AM

Oct 2013
Meh_Meh_2 said:
When will this list have an update for 2016?

Toei Animation already have publicly updated for its 3rd quarter earnings. I will post that later.

This financial year ends in March 31, 2017 so you have to wait 2 more months. And because most companies aren't public they aren't forced to show their financial reports to anyone other than the country, and normally don't. So other than irregular leaks don't expect to see majority of companies data.
bigivelfhqFeb 9, 2017 9:54 AM
Feb 9, 2017 10:17 AM

Feb 2016
Everyone looking at this graph and still saying Toei is a good studio should be fkin imprisoned :D

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Feb 9, 2017 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
HamburgerSpike said:
Everyone looking at this graph and still saying Toei is a good studio should be fkin imprisoned :D

What graph?

Given the fact that Toei gave us in 2016

- Dragon Ball Super

- One Piece (TV series)
- One Piece -Heart of Gold
- One Piece Film Gold

- Precure
- Precure Movie
- Precure All Stars Movie

- Sailor Moon Crystal Season 3

- Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters
- Digimon Tri Determination Movie
- Digimon Tri Confession Movie

- Tiger Mask W

- Pop in Q Movie

Yep, I would say they are good!
Feb 9, 2017 10:49 AM

Feb 2016
bigivelfhq said:
HamburgerSpike said:

What graph?

- Dragon Ball Super

- One Piece (TV series)
- One Piece Film Gold

- Precure
- Precure Movie

- Tiger Mask W

- Pop in Q Movie

Their earnings to quality ratio is the worst of any existing studio. You have OP anime and manga in your favs so I assume you know how they are butchering it, same with DBS. From what Ive heard Tiger Mask W is also lacking in production value.
https://youtu.be/wbRBHJuhRbE
This guy expresses what im talking about pretty well

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

Feb 10, 2017 3:15 AM

Oct 2013
HamburgerSpike said:
bigivelfhq said:

What graph?

- Dragon Ball Super

- One Piece (TV series)
- One Piece Film Gold

- Precure
- Precure Movie

- Tiger Mask W

- Pop in Q Movie

Their earnings to quality ratio is the worst of any existing studio. You have OP anime and manga in your favs so I assume you know how they are butchering it, same with DBS. From what Ive heard Tiger Mask W is also lacking in production value.

What is this "quality" you're talking? Specify please, just sending a wide word like that means little.

And also what has earning to quality ratio has anything with the series and studio being good or not?
Feb 10, 2017 3:21 AM

Feb 2016
bigivelfhq said:
HamburgerSpike said:

What is this "quality" you're talking? Specify please, just sending a wide word like that means little.

And also what has earning to quality ratio has anything with the series and studio being good or not?

Like idk maybe read the whole freakin comment?? Watch the vid, if youre not able to sacrifice 6min then theres no discussion. Im too tired now to explain everything, going to sleep, bye love you honey

Feb 10, 2017 4:26 AM

Mar 2015
HamburgerSpike said:
bigivelfhq said:

Like idk maybe read the whole freakin comment?? Watch the vid, if youre not able to sacrifice 6min then theres no discussion. Im too tired now to explain everything, going to sleep, bye love you honey

the maker of this video:
>didn't understand how anime industries works
>he have no knowladge for anime studio either
>he didn't even fucking understand what animation is

yeah totaly legit discussion.... also what we talking here is objective value of anime...which mean profit, industries, data reception, and money flows health... not your forced "subjective" values.... nobody in industries and people that talking here care...
KumaFeb 10, 2017 4:30 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 10, 2017 4:49 AM

Mar 2015
OT:
just copiying from another thread since i found it related...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-02-09/japanese-bd-dvd-sales-down-6.2-percent-from-2015/.112040

so, the total of blue ray/dvd profit is decrease, even with the increas in overall amount... is this sign of streaming starting to competate? are japan anime industries will finnaly adapt to streaming like their neighboor country?

nanbaka is first i know it half aired in tvand ONA and they decide go fully ONA in recent times... i tough it the sign they they found internet streaming give them profit.. does seitokai no ichizon is fail simply because the market isn't ready yet?
Feb 10, 2017 6:48 AM

Oct 2013
Kuma said:
OT:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-02-09/japanese-bd-dvd-sales-down-6.2-percent-from-2015/.112040

so, the total of blue ray/dvd profit is decrease, even with the increas in overall amount... is this sign of streaming starting to competate? are japan anime industries will finnaly adapt to streaming like their neighboor country?

nanbaka is first i know it half aired in tvand ONA and they decide go fully ONA in recent times... i tough it the sign they they found internet streaming give them profit.. does seitokai no ichizon is fail simply because the market isn't ready yet?

2016 just was a really bad year for series disk sales. This year is already showing to be better. Unless something really bad happens in the next 3 seasons, it will go closer to 2015, and maybe even surpass.

This year we will have One Piece Film Gold Disk sales, Kimi no Na Wa Disk Sales, Attack on Titan, Yuri on ice, Love Live 2 and more.

When I have time I will put Toei Animation 3rd Quarter sales. Basically it got an amazing increase. I believe it already sold more money than the entire last year.
Feb 10, 2017 7:09 AM

Sep 2013
bigivelfhq said:

Quality = art+animation
Dragonball Super is worse than it's 30 year old prequel, they don't care about the quality since they know the audience will watch it anyways, same with one piece, the anime's quality is awful compared to earlier arcs.
Even film gold was a disappointment.

>but it takes time and people

That excuse doesn't work either since toei is the biggest and richest studio, they had enough time and money to put into all the series so this low quality is intentional and shows how lazy they are.
Feb 10, 2017 7:30 AM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
bigivelfhq said:

Quality = art+animation
Dragonball Super is worse than it's 30 year old prequel, they don't care about the quality since they know the audience will watch it anyways, same with one piece, the anime's quality is awful compared to earlier arcs.
Even film gold was a disappointment.

>but it takes time and people

That excuse doesn't work either since toei is the biggest and richest studio, they had enough time and money to put into all the series so this low quality is intentional and shows how lazy they are.

Fortunately anime is a multimedia product and so its "quality" is not just about art + animation.

What about Dragon Ball Super being worse or better than Dragon Ball? This basically doesn't say anything about Dragon Ball Super quality itself, and certainly not about the animation studio, other than relating it with the previous series.

By doing this comparisons without any "meat" into it says nothing useful about the series.
I can also say that every movie from Disney since 1937 Snow White has better animation than literally any anime out there. Is this information in any way useful? Nope!
bigivelfhqFeb 10, 2017 10:59 AM
Feb 10, 2017 9:35 AM

Feb 2016
Kuma said:
HamburgerSpike said:

the maker of this video:

yeah totaly legit discussion.... also what we talking here is objective value of anime...which mean profit, industries, data reception, and money flows health... not your forced "subjective" values.... nobody in industries and people that talking here care...

Can you make some actual arguments? Like quote-breakdown? I am not talking about any subjective values. Im talking about the shit animation DBS and One Piece(also pacing) have compared to other anime series, even tho Toei is by far the biggest fucking company.

@bigivelfhq except not every movie from disney has better animation than any anime out there. Aside from that this only proves my point. Toei is able to produce higher quality animation, but because of fanboys of your kind around the world, they dont even care cause they can show you still images of concrete and you will still be saying 'Toei is good, they pump out many series and make profit without using it'.

Why is the guy with a doge avatar the only guy with common sense amazes me :)

Feb 10, 2017 9:55 AM

Oct 2013
HamburgerSpike said:
Kuma said:

the maker of this video:

Can you make some actual arguments? Like quote-breakdown? I am not talking about any subjective values. Im talking about the shit animation DBS and One Piece(also pacing) have compared to other anime series, even tho Toei is by far the biggest fucking company.

@bigivelfhq except not every movie from disney has better animation than any anime out there. Aside from that this only proves my point. Toei is able to produce higher quality animation, but because of fanboys of your kind around the world, they dont even care cause they can show you still images of concrete and you will still be saying 'Toei is good, they pump out many series and make profit without using it'.

Why is the guy with a doge avatar the only guy with common sense amazes me :)

Sorry, but in fact every movie by disney has better animation than any anime, movie or TV series. And that is a basic fact due to the way anime is made, which cut corners in a lot of places, while Disney never did such a thing and it was and is known for fluidity and expressiveness.

And it doesn't make your point at all. Your point was that Toei Animation was bad.
And ichii_1 used the fact Dragon Ball Super being "worse" than the 30 years past series Dragon Ball as some kind of prove of anything. So I showed that more than such a little thing as Dragon Ball being better than Super, there is something more drastic like a 79-80 years of difference in Disney and the most actual anime. Still, that doesn't make anime in general bad, right? So I just proved that is argument is invalid! Simple as that.

The argument of, "they can so they should" is a stupid one. Is not because a bank is able to/can loan 1 Billion dollars, that they should. So is not because Toei can hire all the best animators in the industry and place them doing a long running anime series with the biggest quality ever, that they should. Simple as that!
bigivelfhqFeb 10, 2017 10:05 AM
Feb 10, 2017 10:36 AM

Sep 2013
bigivelfhq said:

Fortunately anime is a multimedia product and so is "quality" is not just about art + animation.

What about Dragon Ball Super being worse or better than Dragon Ball? This basically doesn't say anything about Dragon Ball Super quality itself, and certainly not about the animation studio, other than relating it with the previous series.

By doing this comparisons without any "meat" into them it says nothing usefull about the series.
I can also say that every movie from Disney since 1937 Snow White has better animation than literally any anime out there. Is this information in any way useful? Nope!

Were' talking about the art/animation quality not the writing or other stuff.
That the same studio can't even do better than they did 30 years ago is prove enough that they don't care about delivering quality and want a quick cash grab.

Motion, shading, frames, effects etc... dbs sucks in every aspect compared to db/dbz

Snow White doesn't have any impressive animation either go watch it again, just alot of character movements and nice backgrounds which you can find in any SOL moe series let alone really well animated anime.
Feb 10, 2017 10:52 AM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
bigivelfhq said:

Fortunately anime is a multimedia product and so is "quality" is not just about art + animation.

By doing this comparisons without any "meat" into them it says nothing usefull about the series.

Were' talking about the art/animation quality not the writing or other stuff.
That the same studio can't even do better than they did 30 years ago is prove enough that they don't care about delivering quality and want a quick cash grab.

Motion, shading, frames, effects etc... dbs sucks in every aspect compared to db/dbz

Snow White doesn't have any impressive animation either go watch it again, just alot of character movements and nice backgrounds which you can find in any SOL moe series let alone really well animated anime.

LOL, you just proved you don't know what animation is! Facepalm.

So "Snow White doesn't have any impressive animation", but it has "a lot of character movements". Do you even understand why this two statements are conflicting with each other?

Animation definition -> The creation of the illusion of life and movement by the use of a series of pictures.
Feb 10, 2017 10:55 AM

Feb 2010
ichii_1 said:

rofl, there goes any credibility you might have had regarding what good animation is.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 10, 2017 11:38 AM

Sep 2013
@bigivelfhq @Pullman

>what are different types and degrees of movement

Everything has movement wow who would have thought? this isn't high school animation, just having alot of movement doesn't make it good.
Snow white's movement is mostly on small character moving quirks and the background which isn't a character can also be animated if you didn't know which it fails at.
Feb 10, 2017 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Oh poor Bones! They make soo good anime adaptations yet they are in bad position!
Feb 10, 2017 11:53 AM

Feb 2016
bigivelfhq said:
The argument of, "they can so they should" is a stupid one. Is not because a bank is able to/can loan 1 Billion dollars, that they should. So is not because Toei can hire all the best animators in the industry and place them doing a long running anime series with the biggest quality ever, that they should. Simple as that!

So you seem to get it and are just pretending to be retarded for the sake of disagreeing with me?

They are greedy as hell and the fact that they were better in the past just proves that they are able to do better, but dont have to cause they dont respect their customers, its really no wonder since the customers watching and buying their stuff obviously dont respect themselves either.

Feb 10, 2017 2:03 PM

Oct 2013
HamburgerSpike said:
bigivelfhq said:

So you seem to get it and are just pretending to be retarded for the sake of disagreeing with me?

They are greedy as hell and the fact that they were better in the past just proves that they are able to do better, but dont have to cause they dont respect their customers, its really no wonder since the customers watching and buying their stuff obviously dont respect themselves either.

Oh, you made the discover of the millenium. Majority of people don't respect themselves! Good for you.
Feb 10, 2017 2:03 PM

Mar 2015
bigivelfhq said:
Kuma said:
OT:

2016 just was a really bad year for series disk sales. This year is already showing to be better. Unless something really bad happens in the next 3 seasons, it will go closer to 2015, and maybe even surpass.

This year we will have One Piece Film Gold Disk sales, Kimi no Na Wa Disk Sales, Attack on Titan, Yuri on ice, Love Live 2 and more.

When I have time I will put Toei Animation 3rd Quarter sales. Basically it got an amazing increase. I believe it already sold more money than the entire last year.

the disk sale it self increase.. it was the profit that fall... that's why it's strange in my eyes....

HamburgerSpike said:
Kuma said:

the maker of this video:

again, my point still stands...

> talking about anime studio
> talking about anime industries
> didn't know what production comitee is (hence why he mentioned madhouse)

> talking about animation quality
> profiding pictures...

seriously, lets take a look, who the are their franchise still succesful after those years? bleach or DB? that's obvious...

Pullman said:
ichii_1 said:

rofl, there goes any credibility you might have had regarding what good animation is.

what he think of good animation is flashy action... let him be...

RKarim69f117 said:
Oh poor Bones! They make soo good anime adaptations yet they are in bad position!

mainly because bad management and poor choices... they invest a lot in original series that flopping like space dandy, conrevo (which sadly i like both of them) and captain earth, they also made lot dissapointment to fans like BnHA (even it mainly comitee fault that is TOHO than bones it self)...
but i hope they doing it for investment since lot of their shows actually success like kekkai sensen, MP100, and BSD...
KumaFeb 10, 2017 2:07 PM
Feb 10, 2017 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
@bigivelfhq @Pullman

>what are different types and degrees of movement

Everything has movement wow who would have thought? this isn't high school animation, just having alot of movement doesn't make it good.
Snow white's movement is mostly on small character moving quirks and the background which isn't a character can also be animated if you didn't know which it fails at.

Not everything has movement! And there is correct movement and wrong movement! And there is the feeling alive part, is not just about something move, but it move like in real life or in a way that seems real in its fiction. And to that you have expressiveness that makes people get moved by it.

That Disney animation is better than anime, and even American Hannah Barbara and others like them isn't a secret, and in fact it was their intention from the beginning. Because their Mission and objectives diverged from what "full" animation was providing. And as it showed it worked, and it worked very well and they are mega popular with it.
bigivelfhqFeb 10, 2017 2:11 PM
Feb 10, 2017 2:40 PM

Feb 2016
Kuma said:
bigivelfhq said:

the disk sale it self increase.. it was the profit that fall... that's why it's strange in my eyes....

HamburgerSpike said:

> profiding pictures...

seriously, lets take a look, who the are their franchise still succesful after those years? bleach or DB? that's obvious...

Pullman said:

RKarim69f117 said:

mainly because bad management and poor choices... they invest a lot in original series that flopping like space dandy, conrevo (which sadly i like both of them) and captain earth, they also made lot dissapointment to fans like BnHA (even it mainly comitee fault that is TOHO than bones it self)...
but i hope they doing it for investment since lot of their shows actually success like kekkai sensen, MP100, and BSD...

Im not gonna correct my semantics now as they dont matter in what were discussing and are only a cheap trick of yours to deviate from the topic. Matter of fact is that Bleach(and most current anime) has better animation than One Piece and there is absolutely no reason for that, furthermore theres not even an available excuse for that, as it is with series like Gangsta since their studio went bankrupt. Toei has shitloads of money and either spends it in a completely incomprehensible way or doesnt spend it at all.

Also the argument about being successful is one of the dumbest I hear over and over again. Do you think all popular music, movies, books, you name it is good?

Do I really need to provide pictures for a topic that has been done over and over again? There are like 10k compilations of crap animation in both DBS and OP. Go figure

Feb 10, 2017 3:15 PM

Oct 2013
Toei Animation 2016 3rd Quarter Results(April 1, 2016 to Dec 31, 2016)
bigivelfhqFeb 10, 2017 3:27 PM
Feb 11, 2017 6:13 AM

Mar 2015
HamburgerSpike said:
Kuma said:

> profiding pictures...

Im not gonna correct my semantics now as they dont matter in what were discussing and are only a cheap trick of yours to deviate from the topic. Matter of fact is that Bleach(and most current anime) has better animation than One Piece and there is absolutely no reason for that, furthermore theres not even an available excuse for that, as it is with series like Gangsta since their studio went bankrupt. Toei has shitloads of money and either spends it in a completely incomprehensible way or doesnt spend it at all.

Also the argument about being successful is one of the dumbest I hear over and over again. Do you think all popular music, movies, books, you name it is good?

Do I really need to provide pictures for a topic that has been done over and over again? There are like 10k compilations of crap animation in both DBS and OP. Go figure

this is industries...we talking about industries... you are the one that didn't understand how industries works... if yo want to talking your "subjective" quality, go to other topic since the title it self already pretty clear...

> why would they spent load of money just to pleasent rondom weeb on the internet since it is not their main target and didn't give them income big enough to consdered that investment payoff? that's absurd...

seriously, i too still outraged on how they handle world triger animation which is lot worse than DBS and OP combined... however even they fail animation adaptation wise, their excelent producer approach works that make it popular... what can i ask more?

and yes, if we talking about industries, popularity and income is it main value... how the fuck you want it neglected when it the purpose of industries? that's ignorance and selfish like "hurr durr, my 'opinion' is fact, week up sheeple" kind of hippies... we talking about industries, based on data and objective value.... and as a company, TOEI doing great job to maintain their popularity and it does works most of time..

> also, if you want compare it to pierrot, go take a look at sousei no onmyouji... now say it again pierrot supperior to toei...
KumaFeb 11, 2017 6:19 AM
Feb 11, 2017 8:03 AM

Feb 2016
Kuma said:
HamburgerSpike said:

this is industries...we talking about industries... you are the one that didn't understand how industries works... if yo want to talking your "subjective" quality, go to other topic since the title it self already pretty clear...

> why would they spent load of money just to pleasent rondom weeb on the internet since it is not their main target and didn't give them income big enough to consdered that investment payoff? that's absurd...

seriously, i too still outraged on how they handle world triger animation which is lot worse than DBS and OP combined... however even they fail animation adaptation wise, their excelent producer approach works that make it popular... what can i ask more?

and yes, if we talking about industries, popularity and income is it main value... how the fuck you want it neglected when it the purpose of industries? that's ignorance and selfish like "hurr durr, my 'opinion' is fact, week up sheeple" kind of hippies... we talking about industries, based on data and objective value.... and as a company, TOEI doing great job to maintain their popularity and it does works most of time..

> also, if you want compare it to pierrot, go take a look at sousei no onmyouji... now say it again pierrot supperior to toei...

I havent said a single word about my subjective believes. Im just stating facts about studios and their works by production value. Pierrot did Bleach which was far less popular but far better animated than both DBS and One Piece. Naruto also has better animation for the most part. Comparing them with something like Bones is just intimidating. Their shows look thousand times better and they are an ant compared to Toei.
The fact that people buy it just shows how good the source material was and how low their standards are.

Feb 11, 2017 8:50 AM

Oct 2013
HamburgerSpike said:
Kuma said:

I havent said a single word about my subjective believes. Im just stating facts about studios and their works by production value. Pierrot did Bleach which was far less popular but far better animated than both DBS and One Piece. Naruto also has better animation for the most part. Comparing them with something like Bones is just intimidating. Their shows look thousand times better and they are an ant compared to Toei.
The fact that people buy it just shows how good the source material was and how low their standards are.

Please, if you want to talk in this topic about "production value" of works, at least provide a more in depth perspective. Something more educated please. Otherwise this is not really the topic to discuss such a thing.

About Bleach being by far better animated than DBS and One Piece that is a lie. I watched almost all of Bleach, just missing the Fullbringer arc. And it has many, but really many episodes with huge parts of your so called "bad animation" or "Bad production value". Even when talking of cinematography and directing, Bleach and Naruto have a lot of what I would call worst.

Bones looking thousand times better is a mega exaggeration. Unless you're talking of liking the art-style a thounsand times more, that is with you though.

The source material isn't everything, and it doesn't just work for Toei Animation, but for the other studios you mentioned as well. Or are you implying that the other "good" studios are so stupid that they don't know how to pick "good source material"? And you have mega popular series from Toei that are original, series that do/did way better than any(or most) series of your "good studios". Like Digimon, Ojomajo Doremi, Precure, Mononoke, Bikkuriman, Thriller Restaurant.
There is basically virtually no other original series that did better than Precure! You Maybe can count Pokemon as the only one, but that franchise is mainly leaded by its Game.
Feb 11, 2017 8:54 AM

Oct 2013
Kuma said:

"i too still outraged on how they handle world triger animation which is lot worse than DBS and OP combined..."
bigivelfhqFeb 11, 2017 9:21 AM
Feb 11, 2017 9:27 AM

Apr 2014
bigivelfhq said:
[Even when talking of cinematography and directing, Bleach and Naruto have a lot of what I would call worst.

Hyperbole much? 15 character limit
Feb 11, 2017 9:47 AM

Oct 2013
Z4k said:
bigivelfhq said:
[Even when talking of cinematography and directing, Bleach and Naruto have a lot of what I would call worst.

Nope, they did horrible stuff like, flashing close ups of people in circles and getting each full rotation faster.

Like:

Orihime, Ichigo, Chad, Grimjow, ...
gets faster
gets faster

Stuff like that! I don't even know who was the person that thought that was a good idea. Stuff like that can hurt the health of people, just like the Pokemon thing did.
Feb 11, 2017 10:06 AM
Oct 2013
bigivelfhq said:
Z4k said:

Nope, they did horrible stuff like, flashing close ups of people in circles and getting each full rotation faster.

Like:

gets faster
gets faster

Stuff like that! I don't even know who was the person that thought that was a good idea. Stuff like that can hurt the health of people, just like the Pokemon thing did.

While that´s true it doesn´t come close to the atrocities that Toei pulls off with One Piece and Dragon Ball just because while not delivering any quality animation for One Piece since a decade and only occasionally for DBS and nothing that can live up to the best Dragon Ball Z has delivered.

You can put up the best momments of DBZ with the best momments of Naruto from an animation standpoint alone, alongside each other and be impressed, wether or not you know about animation or not.

Modern Toei on the other hand, managed to perfect the art of bad animation. Still frames, with terrible line work, non existant, washed out backrounds and botched character designs that´d make Pain blush. No matter how you put it, from an artistic standpoint, Toei is just lazy and greedy. And I understand that they put their talented animators to work on the OVAs and Movies. which do look gorgeous with a few screuwups, but there are still better looking Movies out there and they haven´t delivered anything yet to reach certain flight Animations Dragon Ball Z shit out during it´s regular run.
Feb 11, 2017 10:08 AM

Feb 2016
Z4k said:
bigivelfhq said:

Inexperience and arrogance.

@bigivelfhq if this amv is the best you can get from a 73 episodes show, thats just sad. Its mostly really mediocre quality, try watching any random OPM or Mob related vid and youll see. As for examples like I said earlier there are thousands of compilations showing just how bad Toei's animation is, im not gonna link them all since thats common knowledge.
I guess youre the kinda guy who wouldnt agree with me without a gun next to his head. Have a nice day believing the Earth is flat.
SpaghettiSpikeFeb 11, 2017 10:13 AM

Feb 11, 2017 10:08 AM

Apr 2014
bigivelfhq said:
Z4k said:

Like:

gets faster
gets faster

Could you post an example of those horrible close ups? It can't have been worse than what Toei does with DBS or the entire Dressrosa arc in One Piece.

Also about Naruto, I'm honestly baffled you think the direction and cinematography is worse than DBS and One Piece there. There's so many well directed episodes there that if you'd want, I could make a huge list out of them while I couldn't say the same for DBS or One Piece even though it has their fair share of good moments.
Z4KFeb 11, 2017 10:14 AM
Feb 11, 2017 10:17 AM
Oct 2013
HamburgerSpike said:

@bigivelfhq if this amv is the best you can get from a 73 episodes show, thats just sad. Its mostly really mediocre quality, try watching any random OPM or Mob related vid and youll see. As for examples like I said earlier there are thousands of compilations showing just how bad Toei's animation is, im not gonna link them all since thats common knowledge.
I guess youre the kinda guy who wouldnt agree with me without a gun next to his head. Have a nice day believing the earth is flat.

It´s no secret that Toei doesn´t care about their animation quality anymore. If you want to see actuall good animation from Toei. Watch some of DBZ Movies or go rewatch DBZ. You´ll be surprised what it had in store during it´s best momments.

The openings speak for themselves. Nonetheless according to rumors I don´t remember who said it here on the forums Toei is the best paying animation Studio in Japan which is commendable and they mainly struggle with their animation because no sane person wants to enter that industry anymore.
Which is why you´re mostly left with Otaku as animators with the urge of drawing cute girls and nothing else to hire.

There are a few documanteries on the subject. But basicly when Miyazaki said Anime was a mistake he meant because of those people.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by ANormalUser »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime Time Capsule

eli_shmeli - 5 hours ago

13 by Nemo_Niemand »»
11 minutes ago

» MAL Frieren fans, let's settle for the best couple

epsilono - 11 minutes ago

0 by epsilono »»
11 minutes ago

» What anime do you refuse to watch since you have already read the source material?

Kushna - 10 hours ago

19 by mo_lave »»
11 minutes ago

» The most beautiful series in visual/artistic aspect? Share your opinion :)

windyshadow - 10 hours ago

26 by Horizon248 »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.