Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2016 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
I'm actually rewatching Steins;Gate for the 1st time and damn if it isn't as epic as the first time i watched it.
Such a good first episode, so awesome. A bit confusing, yeah, but mystery is always a good thing *.*
Mayuri is cute XD. But Makise, omg *.* *.*
Love Okarin as well, ahah

The Hype is Real
Dec 23, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2014
i should re-watch the show it's been ages since I've watched it..
the 1st episode was so cool, specially okabe
Jan 11, 2017 7:56 PM

Jun 2013
I love that the episode ran around 10 minutes before the opening started.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Jan 11, 2017 7:59 PM

Aug 2015
Confused in the first episode, but then all doubts will be clarified.

Jan 22, 2017 8:57 PM

Jan 2016
Ehm...it was an exciting thriller feel, and it certainly LOOKS like it's going to be a good anime, but... I am just entirely lost right now. What's going on? There have had to have been a minimum of three timelines that have run entirely different courses...and he's jumping among them.

Am I the only one who related "The Organization" to the conspiracy of the NHK from Welcome to the NHK? Hmm, anyway. Certainly caught my interest. Let's see what happens.
Jan 23, 2017 2:03 AM

Mar 2016
primaltare said:
Ehm...it was an exciting thriller feel, and it certainly LOOKS like it's going to be a good anime, but... I am just entirely lost right now. What's going on? There have had to have been a minimum of three timelines that have run entirely different courses...and he's jumping among them.

Am I the only one who related "The Organization" to the conspiracy of the NHK from Welcome to the NHK? Hmm, anyway. Certainly caught my interest. Let's see what happens.

Keep in mind that this show has a long build up, but you will like it. Also you are a bit wrong with mechanic if time travel, in this show it is a bit different from usual, so pay attentuon. And have fun :)
Jan 23, 2017 7:42 AM

Jan 2016
HoTTab1CH said:
primaltare said:

Keep in mind that this show has a long build up, but you will like it. Also you are a bit wrong with mechanic if time travel, in this show it is a bit different from usual, so pay attentuon. And have fun :)

Oooh, when you put it that way, I have high expectations for it. I'm excited to move on. Thanks for the welcome :)
Feb 11, 2017 8:22 AM

Jan 2017
primaltare said:
Ehm...it was an exciting thriller feel, and it certainly LOOKS like it's going to be a good anime, but... I am just entirely lost right now. What's going on? There have had to have been a minimum of three timelines that have run entirely different courses...and he's jumping among them. . . .

Glad I'm not the only one who is lost. It does look pretty good though and quite interesting. Excited to see how this anime plays out. Looks like I'll have to actually pay attention to this anime instead of doing something on the side while watching lol.

im weeb trash

Feb 11, 2017 8:45 AM

Jan 2016
SecretWings said:
primaltare said:
Ehm...it was an exciting thriller feel, and it certainly LOOKS like it's going to be a good anime, but... I am just entirely lost right now. What's going on? There have had to have been a minimum of three timelines that have run entirely different courses...and he's jumping among them. . . .

Glad I'm not the only one who is lost. It does look pretty good though and quite interesting. Excited to see how this anime plays out. Looks like I'll have to actually pay attention to this anime instead of doing something on the side while watching lol.

Heya! I finished the anime a short time ago. Trust me, this anime is worth it. Everything will start making sense. Just be ready to have your emotions and perceptions thrown around, this anime is seriously a rollercoaster :) The buildup takes quite a while though, but it's really really worth it. (and yes, don't be distracted while watching this)
Feb 11, 2017 8:57 AM

Jan 2017
primaltare said:
SecretWings said:

Heya! I finished the anime a short time ago. Trust me, this anime is worth it. Everything will start making sense. Just be ready to have your emotions and perceptions thrown around, this anime is seriously a rollercoaster :) The buildup takes quite a while though, but it's really really worth it. (and yes, don't be distracted while watching this)

That is so reassuring to hear! I'm currently on the third episode and slowly but surely falling in love with this anime. It's unlike any other I have seen. I'm excited to see how it all comes together. Seriously though so glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I'll be sure not to be distracted haha.

im weeb trash

Feb 11, 2017 11:12 AM

Jan 2016
SecretWings said:
primaltare said:

That is so reassuring to hear! I'm currently on the third episode and slowly but surely falling in love with this anime. It's unlike any other I have seen. I'm excited to see how it all comes together. Seriously though so glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I'll be sure not to be distracted haha.

The thick of the anime is a bit of a ways off, but it will hit you like a bullet. If you still remember me once the anime is finished, be sure to let me know what you thought about it. c:
Mar 6, 2017 5:32 PM
Jun 2013
Well finally started to watch this anime after all the hoop la about it. Our lead is rather entertaining and I likedthe just cause im fat doesint mean im strong line his hacker gave. So its not so bad so far.
Mar 19, 2017 6:59 PM

May 2013
Confusing, but interesting enough to keep going. That red haired girl is alive ;O

That phone convo was funny haha. He was talking to himself xD
Apr 14, 2017 3:51 AM

Nov 2015
Rewatching for the 4th time.
Hell that elevator scene at the end always gives me long goosebumps!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2017 6:30 PM

Nov 2015
[Rewatch BD version]

Wow, this episode was so amazing. I was almost crying. All the details, all the references... IT'S ALL THERE!! OMG!!

Steins;Gate is so amazing. Every shot, every scene is meaningful.

If you are watching this for the first time, listen to me, watch it till the end. It makes sense. Trust me, I come from the future after all.
May 11, 2017 11:17 PM

Jan 2016
Rewatching a second time. I actually teared up a bit in the beginning part up until and including the introduction song. So much nostalgia, shivers and goosebumps, even if it was only like four months ago. Now I get to see if everything actually made sense the whole way through...and feel those little connections reforming in my brain.
Jun 24, 2017 7:01 AM

Jul 2008
What did I just watch?? I understood so little thanks to the fast transitions ^^"
---"'As long as you're alive - you've got 100% chance of dying"---

---there are two infinite things, the universe and the human stupidity. about the first one I'm
not sure...---

---Math should go drown itself in the toilet---
Jun 24, 2017 11:28 AM

Mar 2016
haruka_nazu said:
What did I just watch?? I understood so little thanks to the fast transitions ^^"

So did our main character. Everything will be explained later.
Jun 29, 2017 8:46 AM
Jan 2017
I have never watched something this complicated.My head is now paining as I was trying to make some sense of what happened.
Aug 15, 2017 2:51 PM
Mar 2017
Great episode, half confusing.
Aug 17, 2017 8:42 AM

Nov 2015
HoTTab1CH said:
haruka_nazu said:

So did our main character. Everything will be explained later.
I see you're quite the guardian angel that will guide newcomers in this place.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2017 7:17 PM

Apr 2014
MC looks like a middle aged man for some reason, isn't he supposed to be 18? also hate Daru, fat otaku characters are always one of the worst tropes
Nov 19, 2017 4:21 PM
Dec 2014
Sfoxdesuka said:
I cannot understand why people in here are praising the first episode to the heavens, they do not name a reason either besides of calling it "great & awesome". No, it's not.

But you're doing the same thing you express your dislikeness without naming any reason.
Nov 19, 2017 4:23 PM
Dec 2014
I like the atmosphere,mysteries and the MC.
Good first episode
Jan 19, 2018 6:18 PM
Jan 2018
I really enjoyed it, it set up the story really well
Jan 21, 2018 7:43 AM

Dec 2014
watched this series years ago its great 10/10
then a few years later i played the VN, and there r alot of parts skipped from the VN even so its a solid adaptation however i do recommend ppl to play the VN after watching this personally i like the VN better.
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Jan 22, 2018 6:29 PM

Jul 2010
Hmm... I'm confused.
Mar 21, 2018 2:59 PM
Mar 2018
The first episode was freaking awesome!!! The part where Okurin Rembered a specific event but apparently did not happen, supported John Titor's works - and also how Okurin did not remember meeting Kurisa proved that there were two instances where Okurin has traveled through time.
This is going to a one hell of ride!!!

BTW, I loved Okurin's laugh and his serious personality
Mar 22, 2018 1:26 AM

Nov 2015
Trump_Card said:
watched this series years ago its great 10/10
then a few years later i played the VN, and there r alot of parts skipped from the VN even so its a solid adaptation however i do recommend ppl to play the VN after watching this personally i like the VN better.
I personally like the anime better, it's way way more well-executed so the scenes really make a solid and lasting impact. Still the VN is better content-wise since it has everything the anime cut out..
Mar 27, 2018 1:15 AM
Jun 2017
The first episode really confused me and I had no idea of what was happening!
I can say that the cast of the series is interesting and this episode gave me a few laughs!

For me, I gave it a 3/5!
I just know that there is more to the story and it will make sense once I get through the series! ^^
Overall, I'm looking forward to see more of the series!
Aug 9, 2018 10:48 PM

Aug 2017
This one of the most confusing and interesting first episode that I ever seen in a while.

Okaba is so funny.

4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 3, 2018 7:17 PM
Aug 2018
Kerozinn said:
i honestly dotn see why so many ppl voted "5 out of 5: Loved it! "

it was confusing and far from being great.

I would really want to know your opinion after seeing the ending
Dec 11, 2018 2:07 AM

Jan 2018
Quite a confusing episode I must say
Dec 25, 2018 12:40 AM

Mar 2016
Alright, I've been wanting to want Steins; Gate for a long time now, now is finally the time to see how this amazing this show is...
(Of course without any expectation from it, to avoid being disappointed in any way)

The opening was really excellent! The visuals are not too unique (but still great) but the song itself was fantastic and really catchy! I definitely can see myself singing this song myself whenever the OP starts!
The ending also share the same aspects as the opening, beautiful song overall!

If that was really a satellite that crashed into that building, then that satellite must be one solid, tough and strong-ass satellite, being able to survive re-entry and crashed into a building without shattering to pieces. Maybe it's not a satellite?!

If I was to summarise this episode... WOT!? Though now I now that Dr Pepper is truly a drink for intellectuals!
Jan 8, 2019 12:50 AM

May 2018
Rin seems pretty cool and I'm hoping to see more of Makise, she seems like an interesting charcter. Hoping that Mayuri's more than just an airhead...
Mar 2, 2019 11:38 AM

Feb 2019
hmm... dosent seem to be too shabby for a first episode, but we'll see how it turns out.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 11, 2019 5:09 PM

Jan 2013
Decided to rewatch the show since I wanted to watch Steins;Gate 0. (Been 6 years ago!)
Fully immersing myself in the world again, together with my sister ^^

Man I've missed this show, these are the kind of characters together with a fantastic story that sticks with you, no matter how much time has passed.
Knowing certain bits and watching the first episode does make me look at stuff in a different way, seeing more hints etc.
PrOxAntoMar 12, 2019 4:22 PM
Mar 12, 2019 5:23 AM

Nov 2014
Kerozinn said:
i honestly dotn see why so many ppl voted "5 out of 5: Loved it! "

it was confusing and far from being great.

i love how one of the best anime ever created has a "bad" first episode lol
while we often say first impressions are important
guess it's not the case with stein's gate
Mar 19, 2019 7:24 AM

Feb 2018
The fact that Okabe Rintarou sent a message to the past is undeniable especially after seeing Makise Kurisu live.
Mar 20, 2019 6:23 PM
Aug 2018
As others have said, a rather confusing start.

And the artstyle isn't my cup of tea so far, everything has a weird hazy brightness to it, as if the images were overexposed. Is that supposed to simulate a "hey, it's summer, it's sunny and super bright!" setting? Looks terrible in my opinion.

And i wonder what's up with that sattelite on the roof.

It seems intact the first time we see it, as if someone just put it there. Then a strange woman (?) walks in front if it, but instead of looking closer, the MC just runs away...

Then we have the explosion that destroys parts of the roof and walls and damages the sattelite.

I mean, it clearly didn't crashland there after magically surviving atmosphere reentry in one piecec. If it did, both the sattelite and the entire building would have been completely wiped out.
tr25a3Mar 20, 2019 6:27 PM
Mar 21, 2019 9:55 PM

Jul 2013
Well that was kinda confusing. There are so much time differences that I have no idea what's going on. Who is the woman with the red hair? Why crashed a sattelite into the building? Why does Rintarou don't have the email he sended? And why is he talking about an organisation? Is he just crazy?

There are so much questions for me and that only after the first episode holy crap.

Other than that it's interesting and it seems it's an more demanding show. Can't wait to see how this will go on.

PS: I finally know were the "Tutturu" comes from :D

Mar 21, 2019 10:12 PM

Mar 2019
Natsu88 said:
Well that was kinda confusing. There are so much time differences that I have no idea what's going on. Who is the woman with the red hair? Why crashed a sattelite into the building? Why does Rintarou don't have the email he sended? And why is he talking about an organisation? Is he just crazy?

There are so much questions for me and that only after the first episode holy crap.

Other than that it's interesting and it seems it's an more demanding show. Can't wait to see how this will go on.

PS: I finally know were the "Tutturu" comes from :D

Don't worry mate you'll figure it all out. It does start out slowly though so prepare for that. But it's a great show.
Mar 22, 2019 3:17 PM

Jul 2013
Swizze said:
Don't worry mate you'll figure it all out. It does start out slowly though so prepare for that. But it's a great show.

Sounds good. Thanks for letting me know :)

Jun 26, 2019 5:34 AM

Dec 2018
Mayushi seems to prevent Okabe from seeing something important.

That's a man screaming, yet Makise was the one killed.

The reason Okabe said the message is sent to the past is (probably) he don't believe that he sent that message on the past.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 13, 2019 9:55 PM
Oct 2017
Not bad so far, hope I don't get attached characters that'll die on me.
Sep 1, 2019 11:01 AM

Mar 2013
Eh, got nothing from it so far. Kinda confusing i guess... But since it's the first episode i don't mind. Not a fan of the colour palette, super depressing and bleak.
Sep 7, 2019 12:33 PM

Jul 2015
Rewatching this series, time for some El Psy Congro

Sep 20, 2019 10:21 PM
Mar 2019
What the hell am I getting into?! XD
Oct 15, 2019 2:07 PM

May 2016
ThEOnlYMaNAliV said:
I've just started the series,into episode 1 and first impression "Nothing makes sense". I hope it doesn't end up like Monster anime for me.

At the end, everything will make sense. If you watched the last episode, rewatch the first episode, and you will realize many interesting things^^
-
Nov 11, 2019 9:01 PM

Mar 2016
I bought the game for a great deal on Switch, so I realized I should probably get around to watching this. It's been on my list for awhile and my friends all vouch for it.

Episode 1, the first time, was rather weird. But that's typical to a million things I love; Berserk, and most of all, Shakugan no Shana, so I look forward to seeing it with subsequent knowledge later on.

None of the characters were likable at first, but they felt layered, like there's a lot to them, which I prefer. I don't know what any of that is, but that alone has me intrigued. Not much to say past that so early, but this episode so far was just a 3/5 to me.

Good, but confusing so far.
CrimsonCWNov 11, 2019 9:08 PM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 19, 2011

455 by wailamnice »»
Mar 31, 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.