Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 4, 2012 5:59 PM

Jul 2009
nice timing for Roy to contact Hawkeye :D

so the coal mine was actually the same one Ed and Al went back then.

can't believe he doesn't remember it O_____O

and yeah i kinda like the first season's portryal of the flashback more just because they dedicated an episode for it.

though there seems to be a missing character here :P

May chang really likes Al XD

ahaha it does look like he's two timing her with winry!

poor Yoki having to try to kidnap the armstrong home :P

we need scar to decohper his brother's notes!!!

Zampano and Jero is scary as hell!!

and lol the elric brother's making it seem like they don't know them so that they can beat them without any fault.

Ed seems to like Northen style automail :D

yeah Winry seems to want to face him just to end this sadness.

i think scar should just tell winry why she killed them.

due to insanity and mental breakness after seeing his whole family and brother dies in front of him due to the state alchemist and all.

Olivier bending the rules by acting based on the broken watch :P

she really cares about her men :)

wow so alot of Central people going to the north all of a sudden O__O

Winry!! i hope scar doesn't do something stupid T__T

can't wait for the next episode ;)
Dec 14, 2012 11:16 AM

Jun 2009
Ed vs The two chimeras was pretty amusing.
Jan 19, 2013 6:20 AM
Nov 2012
does anyone know the name of the soundtrack that plays when scar engages in combat with the two chimera pretty please ?
Mar 30, 2013 3:20 PM
Apr 2012
This episode was awesome! Yoki's flashback was the best flashback of the show (and there were many!) and the fight against the chimeras was great as well.
I agree with some other people that mentioned Scar taking Winry is probably some scheme they came up with.
After all Ed knows very well that they need Scar to decipher the research results of Scar's brother. That and... The enemy of my enemy is my friend i guess?
Apr 21, 2013 4:07 PM
Jul 2009
I love the fight scene. 5/5 I thought it was really funny when Ed and Al were freaking out about the "talking monsters" LOL
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jun 28, 2013 4:48 AM

Nov 2012
I completely forgot about Yoki. I knew he was a wanted criminal and stuff and the mine flashback brought it all back to me I was like "OHHHHH HIM!"
Aug 3, 2013 9:47 AM
Sep 2012
"FMA isn't like other shonens; it doesn't have these generic random battles, it uses strategy in fights and they play a part in the story"

Guess that just applies to the old series.

I staaaaarted to actually get into the fight when they showed they weren't fodder (despite still looking like YYH ripoffs), but then, that's right, shitty jokes out of nowhere to ruin the flow.

Underwhelming in every way.

1/5
Aug 16, 2013 12:44 AM

Jul 2013
Episode's just started with shocking scene,yet it turned out nothing important.Pheww.
Evil dog..
Selim was so calm while he was threatening Hawkeye.. Scary
Ed's expressions make my day all the time.
Elric brother's and May,Marcoh and Yoki's encounter was hilarious.
Black and white film scene was spectacular.
Those ugly chimeras...
Oct 23, 2013 3:30 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I really like the Hawkeye/Mustang relationship. They understand their silences so well it's almost eery.

I'd go to battle anyday for General Armstrong.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 26, 2013 11:50 AM

May 2013
Ed and al's reaction tot he chimeras was hilarious.
Dec 27, 2013 3:12 AM

Jul 2013
_DoctorWho_ said:
Ed and al's reaction tot he chimeras was hilarious.
yeah ahahah

Winry and Ed and the others are good at acting and fooling people.. wonder what they're up to?
Dec 28, 2013 1:28 AM

May 2013
Roy X Riza moment was too cute x] He could tell something was wrong even through just a phone call kyaaaahhh~ I ship them so hard xD

and Winry is just fine in the hands of Scar so I wouldn't worry. He's a good man deep down after all :) just needs a little guidance, but still a good man.
Mar 20, 2014 3:41 PM

Jun 2011
When Winry appeared again in front of Scar, I was totally "WTF come on, do we really need more of that chick's drama?".. Sigh this is one of the reason why FMAB won't be one of my favorite series.

I think it's pretty obvious that it's their plan..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 15, 2014 8:18 PM

Jan 2012
Ed was really funny ^^
May 9, 2014 6:34 PM

Jul 2013
My hate for Winry is unquenchable. But I have a feeling this has all been an act from the start, Ed probably has some genius plan.

That fight with Kimblee's guys was hilarious, that was probably the only thing I actually laughed out loud for in this whole anime so far.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jun 4, 2014 8:07 PM

Mar 2014
I'm really interested in seeing more of Pride/Selim but completely uninterested in the Briggs story arc, I wish they'd switch location and leave the North, because it's just BLAH there.
Jun 9, 2014 12:34 AM

Apr 2012
lol the flashback was fully animated in the original....... What a strange recall of memory since I don't remember much from the original.

-Hawkeye psychologically shaken because of Pride. I was pretty creeped out when she was in the room alone picking up the phone as well.
-Looks like Ed is devising a show to trick Kimboslice.
- Armstrong has some splaining to do......

great ep

Jun 10, 2014 3:20 AM

Aug 2013
Ed's really a great actor. Took a page from Roy Mustang's book eh? :p
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 11, 2014 2:29 AM

Jan 2012
Usually I don't like comedy in serious moments but that was a pretty funny fight
Jul 14, 2014 2:11 AM
Mar 2014
looks like ed and scar have something else planned for kimblee and the military. cant wait to see what that plan is.
Jul 21, 2014 11:44 AM
Jul 2014
Can someone explain me better Yoki's story? I didn't quite get it, the flashback was sudden and unexpected, I even thought it was a made up scene in his mind... I'm kinda watching the anime by pieces, I occasionally stop because I lack time so I might have forgotten something
Sep 25, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 2013
Too many freaking spoilers on this thread.
Sep 25, 2014 10:07 PM

Jan 2014
Yoki's story was so touching. Damn that bastard Edward Elric!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 7, 2014 1:54 PM

Aug 2009
Fitting many manga fillers in a few top-notch style minutes... Bones really did it. I applaud them.
Dec 30, 2014 1:44 PM
May 2012
Looks like they will team up with Scar.

I just slept a few hours ago, but for some reason, I just suddenly woke up and couldn't sleep. I realize that FMAB is calling me. I shall finish this Anime before the year ends!!
Mar 3, 2015 8:02 AM
Mar 2014
Oh no, Scar took Winrey i hope he will not hurt her.
Mar 18, 2015 6:05 AM
Jan 2015
WINRYY!! :D
May 27, 2015 1:39 PM

Jun 2011
The way they showed Yoki's past was very Charlie Chaplin, loved it! :D
Jul 24, 2015 5:09 PM

Jun 2015
winry you dumb fuck
Jul 27, 2015 8:25 PM

Oct 2014
Oh great, of course Winry is going to get kidnapped. I can't decide if I like Scar or not! Olivier showing mercy to her soldiers with the broken watch was awesome too. Good episode overall!
Oct 2, 2015 6:09 PM

Jul 2009
Yoki's version of the past was kinda fun haha
Dec 15, 2015 3:25 PM
Nov 2014
Shit, another cliffhanger ? Good stuff nonetheless, extremely excited with the next episode.
Jan 2, 2016 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
Less exciting, but we think the comedy to make you enjoy watching this episode, you get to the fateful rendezvous, who knows what will emerge. Narrative that gives a twist at the end, but I think it's just a farce.
Feb 7, 2016 6:49 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm Yokis story was pretty funny, especially when he tried to steal from the Armstrongs, poor guy xD. Can it be that this was to see in the normal Full Metal Alchemist?

Would have been interesting to see the reaction of Scar to Miles. And now he took Winry? Omg I think Ed will freak out.

Strange persons from central I think appeared at Briggs. Seems they come for Raven.

I'm so curious on the next episode. This is getting more and more intense.

Jun 3, 2016 2:53 AM

Apr 2009
That Yoki's story is just awful and not funny at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2016 6:19 PM

Nov 2015
Sooo, I have 2 theories about what's going to happen on the next episode:
1) Scar didn't actually kidnaped Winry, it was actually a way of getting her out of the Army's eye (and thay can't say she isn't a hostage that way!)
2) Scar actually did kidnaped Winry, yet he won't do anything bad to her as he feels bad about killing her parents

I LOVE this series so much, I can't stop watching it! I actually had to stop myself yesterday as I don't want to binge it, I want to slowly and fully enjoy it. I also don't want it to end. Ever. :'(

P.S. Though I know how it ends, but I will never get that "First Time" feeling whenever I re watch it :/
Feb 2, 2017 2:09 AM

Jan 2016
That battle with the chimeras was hilarious
Feb 7, 2017 3:46 PM
Jan 2010
Wow, how many more people will Scar kill before they finally stop letting him go free? This is like the 5th time they've let him walk for their own personal reasons. Their selfishness and naivete really grates on me sometimes.
Feb 28, 2017 2:49 AM
Jan 2012
Light-Yagami-God said:
winry you dumb fuck
Nah. She isn't dumb at all.
Feb 28, 2017 2:51 AM
Jan 2012
-Tyrael- said:
Wow, how many more people will Scar kill before they finally stop letting him go free? This is like the 5th time they've let him walk for their own personal reasons. Their selfishness and naivete really grates on me sometimes.
Scar is no different from people like Mustang, Hawkeye and others, people who killed many. If people like these can stay free, so can Scar.

I don't see how they are selfish at all. If there is a thing the Elric brothers aren't is selfish.
Jun 21, 2017 7:18 PM

Jan 2013
Surely this must be part of their plan, Scar "kidnapping" Winry so she's safe from Kimblee and the military.
Also I loved the Chimera mix up, acting like they dont know who they are :D
Mar 14, 2018 1:17 PM

Dec 2009
Looks like everyone is trying to throw Kimblee off.

Since Winry is being used as a bargaining chip, if they can protect her then the Elric brothers will be free to run loose.
Jan 16, 2019 8:53 PM

Jun 2015
i feel like winry is purposely going with scar as a plan, so that kimblee can't use her as a pawn against ed and al
if not, scar better not do anything
Feb 10, 2019 12:46 PM

Oct 2013
Edward enjoyed his new, lighter arm. His fighting skills noticeably improved if we compare them to the first episodes.

Yoki's story was truly heart touching, but if I were him, then Armstrongs' mansion would be the very last place to try to steal something. ;D Mei's reactions on seeing Alphonse were awesome as well.

Olivier Armstrong might be rigorous and rough, but she really cares about her soldiers.

Great episode with action, story and characters' development and funny moments!
Apr 5, 2019 4:15 AM

May 2016
Pride's overwhelmingly terrifying threats left Lieutenant Hawkeye paranoid about the monstrous brat tracking her every move and waiting for her to mess up so he can finish her off. Considering that she's stuck with the Fuhrer President as his direct assistant, it'll be a lot more difficult for her to get anything done in her end.

It was very amusing to watch the Brothers pummel those Chimeras from Central HQ while pretending that they're completely oblivious about the situation. Yoki's story is top lul.

Since Scar was captured just a second ago and observing how Edward shouted at Kimblee for not keeping an eye on Winry even though she was with them the whole time, it feels like they're pulling another trick from their sleeve.

Sep 7, 2019 2:35 AM
Aug 2019
They adapted the Yoswell arc with a black and white flashback from Yoki' pov lol

Feel like the Elrics and Scar are trying to trick Kimblee into thinking they're not working together
Nov 6, 2019 7:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I loved that episode, Poor Winry...
Feb 4, 2020 7:03 PM

Nov 2017
Things are heating up now even though it's cold as hell!
Feb 4, 2020 7:08 PM

Dec 2015
Starchaser said:
Things are heating up now even though it's cold as hell!

That was a cool joke for all the people who left this site years ago.
They didn't read it, but I read it, and I'm very disappointed in you.
Feb 4, 2020 7:29 PM

Nov 2017
@Bobby2Hands

Golly, that was... ice cold! Brrrrr, 寒い! 🥶

I'll try harder next time then!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
7 hours ago

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.