Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 5, 2017 1:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty much a conclusion episode to wrap everything up. I think at this point, Ami really enjoyed all she wanted to related to cycling. Fortuna has one more ride and not even rain can stop them!

The photo at the end leaves a memory of what these girls have been through. They sure made quite a bit of memories in this show :o
Feb 5, 2017 6:39 AM

Apr 2010
So it's over.
It was a nice anime very informative as well tho it was mainly about the girls which was very good.
And for ones they weren't high schoolers.
University girls are way better!

The courses they where cycling on where nice as well not to mention the food talk.
Feb 5, 2017 7:32 AM

Aug 2016
Nice ending, was a nice series, 7/10 :)
Nanika ga Okashii
Feb 5, 2017 8:33 AM

Mar 2015
Nice little way to wrap up the series was worth the delay. Getting new people to ride and a new teamate, hopefully someday they can do their Paris trip.
Feb 5, 2017 8:52 AM

Dec 2014
Didn't expect both to come out at the same time, but the animation did get a LITTLE better (lip-synching problems still exist, CG is still janky) and both episodes were in tone with the rest of the show IE: very cutesy and comforting.

Long Riders was a fun show. Nothing groundbreaking, but does what its given pretty well. Ami by herself made the show for me, but everyone else is decent too. Far better bike girls show than Minami, that's for damn sure.
Feb 5, 2017 9:14 AM

Nov 2016
Aversa said:
The courses they where cycling on where nice as well not to mention the food talk.

Information on the courses they rode is available on the series' website. Look under "MAPS". Series' creator/artist/writer Taishi Miyaki is a long-distance cyclist himself. He has ridden all these courses (often more than once). A basic map & notes (albeit, in Japanese) are there.

Burger-Meister said:
Didn't expect both to come out at the same time, but the animation did get a LITTLE better (lip-synching problems still exist, CG is still janky) and both episodes were in tone with the rest of the show IE: very cutesy and comforting.

Long Riders was a fun show. Nothing groundbreaking, but does what its given pretty well. Ami by herself made the show for me, but everyone else is decent too. Far better bike girls show than Minami, that's for damn sure.

Yeah, I had higher hopes for MinaKama, too. No matter. Cycling is getting attention in the media, t'will be good for Cycling.

Now. Anyone notice: Ami breaks the 4th wall (early on in the episode)? And ... and ... and ... (I really shouldn't say this) ... Saeke's new Bianchi is TOO BIG FOR HER! (look at the head tube) DAMMIT, ACTAS!

Ladies and Gentlemen: y'all Ride Safe. Cheers!
Almost older than dirt
Feb 5, 2017 10:23 AM

Jun 2016
A good ending to the show. I really enjoyed Long Riders, wasn't my favorite of the season, but had nice characters, animation and was relaxing to watch. 8/10
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Feb 5, 2017 10:41 AM

Feb 2008
Nice ending to the series. This series reminded me why I've always enjoyed cycling and continue to do it to this day. This series ranks highly in my all time favorite sports anime.
Feb 5, 2017 11:30 AM
Apr 2014
Aversa said:
And for ones they weren't high schoolers.
University girls are way better!

I guess the way the characters were designed it still felt like they were high school girls, compared to golden time anyway.
Feb 5, 2017 2:05 PM

Dec 2014
It's taken forever for these last couple episodes to come out but they're finally out so I can get this off of my on-hold list. I did not like this show very much. The "friends" were imo complete assholes. They treated Ami like shit. Almost every ride they'd just leave her behind to fend for herself. In ep 11 they wanted to do a night ride and don't even tell her to bring any gear. How was she suppose to know? She didn't even know what a night ride was a few minutes ago! As far as the animation goes even in these last 2 episodes they couldn't get the mouth tracking right. I'm reading the subtitles and can still tell how bad it is, that's saying a lot. Oh well, it's finally over. I can move on now.

4/10
Feb 5, 2017 2:17 PM

Jun 2008
For more information about the Paris-Brest-Paris brevet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris%E2%80%93Brest%E2%80%93Paris
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 5, 2017 2:25 PM
Sep 2011
What a nice ride wish they make continuation of this

8/10
Feb 5, 2017 2:33 PM

Jun 2008
Duck_knight said:

8/10
So do I. They could make is like a travel-log styled series. Even if it's just for another 12 episode series.

Feb 5, 2017 3:24 PM

Nov 2016
Dodecahedron-O24 said:
Duck_knight said:

8/10
So do I. They could make is like a travel-log styled series. Even if it's just for another 12 episode series.

OVA's perhaps? I can imagine it: they train for and then complete their first brevet (200Km, the shortest recognized randonnée distance). Fast-forward a bit, and they're entering their first fleche together. Eventually? They do Paris-Brest-Paris (held every 4 years; the next one is, I think, in 2019) Parlez-vous français, Ami?

I know that's how the extended story would go. However, I'd love it if Team Fortuna would come to America and ride RAGBRAI (west-to-east touring ride across Iowa, averaging 100Km a day, almost 20,000 riders participating; it's a week-long cycling party!).

Would LOVE to see the continued adventures of Team Fortuna. Just make sure it's done by some other studio. Cheers, all!

(p.s.: LONG LIVE TEAM FORTUNA!)
Almost older than dirt
Feb 5, 2017 3:33 PM

Nov 2014
Damn, that was much better than I expected before I started watching it. I wish manga was translated.
Feb 5, 2017 3:49 PM

Nov 2013
wow this anime was awesome now that i finish it, wish it had a second season instead of the cycle anime of this season lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 5, 2017 4:41 PM

Jul 2010
Honestly these last two delayed eps were the best in the whole thing, really wish the rest were like that.

The ending was really happy feels good.
Feb 5, 2017 4:49 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Suspension bridges with dedicated bicycle/pedestrian lanes. I'm impressed. My experience here in the US is we have trouble just keeping our bridges from crumbling apart...

Yes, the animation was awkward at times, and I was occasionally annoyed at how the other characters tended to surprise Ami and not always tell her everything she needed to know (particularly the night trip), but otherwise this is a good story with good characters, on an uncommon topic (and without a competitive focus), with adult characters. It gets points from me for that.
Feb 5, 2017 7:02 PM

Dec 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this series. I do hope there is a 2nd season.

I really liked the part at the end where Ami was able to help her friend and invited her to the team.
Feb 5, 2017 7:23 PM

Jan 2012
Nice work Ami, enduring some rain riding and introducing Saeki to the wonderful world of cycling with Team Fortuna! XD Anyway, glad to finally be able to finish this rather cute, rather relaxing series. The production delays were unfortunate, but I think finishing this after starting Minami Kamakura from the current season has allowed me to appreciate it more. It might be a bit unfair to say only 5 episodes into that series, but this one is definitely the better of the two imo. Ami, Aoi, Saki, Yayoi and Hinako made for a team I always enjoyed watching interacting together. This sorta felt a bit like Hidamari Sketch with cycling. A very warm series. Ami's earnestness in taking up cycling felt genuinely touching throughout. And honestly I'd rather we got 12 more episodes of this than Minami. Which sounds like I'm shitting on that show when I really am enjoying it too. It's just that they're so similar and...I liked this better...again through 5 episodes of that, but I don't see that changing. Anyway, I'm rambling. This was a solidly good 7/10 series. I'm tempted to give it an 8, but I'll hold off.
Feb 5, 2017 9:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I want season 2 one day. Very sweet way to end the show. It's amazing how far Ami has come. Now she's recruited Saeki for the team. Overall I really enjoyed the scenery and the growth of Ami. Hinako overall is my favorite from the group. She may be a bit tough of Ami, but I really liked her way of teaching Ami, plus that personality of hers.
That scene where she holds Ami's panties xD
The guy in background lol

And thus ends one amazing show. The ending was real sweet and hopefully there's a season 2. Would be nice to see Team Fortuna compete in the brevet.
8/10

Feb 5, 2017 9:34 PM

Jun 2011
bdsbff said:
It's taken forever for these last couple episodes to come out but they're finally out so I can get this off of my on-hold list. I did not like this show very much. The "friends" were imo complete assholes. They treated Ami like shit. Almost every ride they'd just leave her behind to fend for herself. In ep 11 they wanted to do a night ride and don't even tell her to bring any gear. How was she suppose to know? She didn't even know what a night ride was a few minutes ago! As far as the animation goes even in these last 2 episodes they couldn't get the mouth tracking right. I'm reading the subtitles and can still tell how bad it is, that's saying a lot. Oh well, it's finally over. I can move on now.

4/10

You must have skin made of papyrus if you think they treated Ami like shit. Worse things have been done with their bros and they're still bros.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Feb 5, 2017 10:22 PM

Dec 2014
Our long awaited finale and a very nice one that.

It was fun seeing the girls on one last cycling trip cause I'm pretty doubtful if we'll get a second season. The OP insert along with the first half cycling made for a very nice montage.
Saki with her hair let down. <3

Night Ride last episode and this time we got ourselves a rain ride, I have to admit, I like walking around in the rain. It's a very weird form of pleasure. XD
It was nice when Ami told the rest of the group she wanted to cycle with them more.
Also loved the scene when Ami recruited Saeki into Fortuna, Group photo on her phone was lovely. They should have given us a full screen size version of that as the final card.

Overall, very sweet, relaxing and really enjoyable show. The cycling rides were great even if the CG looked a little weird at points, Ami's slow discovery of the joys of cycling was a pleasure to watch. Loved all the characters of the show, they were all adorable and really fun to watch. There were a lot of heartwarming and feel good moments which I couldn't help but smile at. I'm also gonna agree with multiple people above that Long Riders is better than what we've seen of Minami so far.
8/10 , would love to see a second season.
Feb 5, 2017 10:26 PM

Dec 2016
I love this show, I really hope that someday they'll come out with a second season.

For the mean time thanks to this episode the Shimanami Kaido is now on my bucket list.
Feb 5, 2017 10:46 PM

Jan 2012
I really liked this show. I could relate with so many of the things Ami went through from sticker shock from all biking accessories after buying road bike to popping tube when changing first one to calf cramps and so forth. These last few episodes make me want to try a multiple day ride with overnight in different locations. I'm sad this is over as Minami doesn't fill the void (dropped) and Yowamushi has a completely different (but good) feel.
Feb 5, 2017 11:11 PM

Dec 2013
This show was great. Not only was it informative, but the characters were all likable and made the theme work very well. Makes me really want to buy a bike and ride around Japan/France/around the world. It was inspiring and fun to watch.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 6, 2017 5:39 AM

Jun 2008
LovelyHikari said:
And thus ends one amazing show. The ending was real sweet and hopefully there's a season 2. Would be nice to see Team Fortuna compete in the brevet.
8/10
If they started competing then it would turn into a female version of Yowamushi. This series has a different feel to that and that's of exploring. I'd like to a season two where they did more of this. Ami always said that through biking she's done a lot of firsts. This would be a great biking tourism anime.

Feb 6, 2017 5:53 AM

Jun 2013
it was okay at best
Feb 6, 2017 8:29 AM

Nov 2016
Dodecahedron-O24 said:
This would be a great biking tourism anime.

(laughing) it IS a great bicycling tourism anime! (^_^)

So, it's over. Post-show depression sets in. I can only hope that there will be some sort of subbed DVD release for NorthAmerica ('though, I know those hopes will likely be for naught).

Cheers, all!
Almost older than dirt
Feb 6, 2017 8:43 AM

Dec 2008
this was a very soothing anime, I would definitively watch a 2nd season if there was one, remembers me of Aria with a different setting.
Feb 6, 2017 9:06 AM

Sep 2013
Paris-Brest-Paris brevet is the goal they are aiming for.
Riding in the rain and under a bridge made with biking in mind :O

Ami now helping Saeki with biking :)

7/5-10
Feb 6, 2017 9:09 AM

Apr 2011
Well that was fun. This was my favorite show. Cute college girls, slice-of-life, the beautiful scenery...

It kinda felt like Aria but with bikes on how relaxing this is.

Sad to see its over. I'm hopiing for a new season someday.

Well there's another cycling anime this season, but not as good as Loing Riders.

I'll miss this series. Well I'll do a marathon in the future. And just watching one or twice isn't enough for me.

8/10
Feb 6, 2017 11:01 AM
Mar 2015
Great show production issues aside. If it wasn't for production issues it probably get up there around Aria and Non Non as comfort shows to watch. Maybe they will fix issues in dvd release. Like many others I think it is better than the other cycling show.
Feb 6, 2017 12:25 PM

Aug 2016
Nice end to a relaxing show! Sounds like they have a long adventure ahead of them.
Feb 6, 2017 1:29 PM

Jun 2008
Manckx said:
Dodecahedron-O24 said:
This would be a great biking tourism anime.

(laughing) it IS a great bicycling tourism anime! (^_^)

Indirectly. It started off and ended with Ami being the central character and learning about biking. They did showed some touring. Now they can step out of the teaching phase and go to actual sites that are bikable from certain points.

So, it's over. Post-show depression sets in. I can only hope that there will be some sort of subbed DVD release for North America ('though, I know those hopes will likely be for naught).

Cheers, all!
We'll get the BD/DVD subbed in the near future. I'm looking to get that, within a certain price range.

Feb 6, 2017 3:27 PM

Jul 2015
Ehhhhh, so we finally got the last two episodes. Ami's whining can finally come to a proper end now. Compared to this season's bicycle anime, this is like a crappy extended short, in terms of quality. There is no God. But yeah, it's finally over, and my final verdict for this, is a solid 6/10.

Looking back at it, this anime kind of sucked, there was a lot of cringe worthy moments that made me not want to share this with family, music that made me feel bad at times especially when Ami messing something up without knowing it, bad CG though I guess that's unavoidable, pretty dang bad animation and visual mistakes here and there though the scenery was good, and Ami's whining was starting to get too me, if not for the delay, I don't think I would have enjoyed this as much as I did. But it was also pretty fun still and had me smiling though for the wrong reasons at times. Plus it feels like more effort was put into the last episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 7, 2017 6:18 AM

Mar 2015
Nice to see how Ami's cycling bug has also bitten others!

This was a fun show. Biased because I also love cycling.

8/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 7, 2017 7:49 AM

Nov 2011
Yes! Really a nice final, even this episode was less than the previous. Lots of fun and romance at times, but it was also poignant episode in the final. Graphically, it is not the height of Minami Kamakura, but the sympathy of Ami and the other girls, it's really nice. Follow the entire series, it was pleasant and except the usual defects, now clear, the rest are fit for purpose; I loved the soundtrack and the jokes were funny. Too bad that the friend of Ami, enter the Team Fortuna only in the final, so I really want to see her in action on a bike. I want a second season, please!

For now, my vote is 7/10.
Feb 7, 2017 11:21 AM
Jun 2015
Cbr_Star said:
I love this show, I really hope that someday they'll come out with a second season.

For the mean time thanks to this episode the Shimanami Kaido is now on my bucket list.

the Shimanami Kaido was on my bucket list before this and I was soo excited seeing this. The real pics of this is just downright awesome for anyone that's a cyclist.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3478.html

Paris - Brest - Paris is also bucket list item for me but the challenge on that one would require serious training. I don't see that happening until my kids are teens so I can leave them for 4 days and not cause chaos for mom.

there's also a once a year event where they ride up Mt. Fuji if the writer was being a sadist they might steer the group that way. unfortunately manga isn't translated.
Feb 7, 2017 11:23 AM
Jun 2015

.... wait.... 7 members?!? there better be a 2nd season cause we're missing alot here!
Feb 7, 2017 11:26 AM

Nov 2016
(SIXTH try; trouble posting this pic') This just popped up on series creator Taishi Miyake's twitter. Thought I'd pass it along.

and -- MY APOLOGIES to Azrealx91, apparently, he sees it but I DON'T?? Well, the link is here (once again). Hope you all can see it. (I'm moving the link to an imjur file of the pic'. Seems to have cleaned up the problems I'm having) Cheers, all!
ManckxFeb 7, 2017 12:10 PM
Almost older than dirt
Feb 7, 2017 5:12 PM

Oct 2013
A solid 7/10 for me. This is one where the usual complaint of "no character development" falls flat. Ami had clearly grown as a person by the end of the series.

I doubt there will be an S2, but I would watch it since I'm now invested in these characters. Sad that Saeki didn't really have much exposure until the very end. She interests me.

The bike lane under a suspension bridge is brilliant, but would never happen here. Too expensive and would take money away from aggressive war and benefits for the lowest common denominators.
Feb 7, 2017 9:22 PM

Nov 2016
redtailrav said:
The bike lane under a suspension bridge is brilliant

That ain't nuthin'! The long, circuitous ramps leading from the roadways (on the islands) up to the bridges are AMAZING! You can check 'em out by searching for Shimanami Kaido Cycling Road and looking on the various websites (there are vid's on YT, as well). Like it showed in the show, 3% average grade, sometimes over a Km long. Major Money was spent to do this, it was well thought-out. I'm joining the members who have put it on their bucket lists.
Almost older than dirt
Feb 7, 2017 9:54 PM

Dec 2016
Azrealx91 said:
Cbr_Star said:

the Shimanami Kaido was on my bucket list before this and I was soo excited seeing this. The real pics of this is just downright awesome for anyone that's a cyclist.

Paris - Brest - Paris is also bucket list item for me but the challenge on that one would require serious training. I don't see that happening until my kids are teens so I can leave them for 4 days and not cause chaos for mom.

there's also a once a year event where they ride up Mt. Fuji if the writer was being a sadist they might steer the group that way. unfortunately manga isn't translated.

You've actually ridden on the Shimanami Kaido? Wow I'm kinda jealous!lol.

Do you feel the show captured the feeling of traveling down it?
Feb 8, 2017 11:16 AM

Oct 2010
Manckx said:
(SIXTH try; trouble posting this pic') This just popped up on series creator Taishi Miyake's twitter. Thought I'd pass it along.

and -- MY APOLOGIES to Azrealx91, apparently, he sees it but I DON'T?? Well, the link is here (once again). Hope you all can see it. (I'm moving the link to an imjur file of the pic'. Seems to have cleaned up the problems I'm having) Cheers, all!

What is this image! Why do you dis du meeeee. 7 members? Creator you can't post that image and Not doing a better 2nd season...

It was very tender ending, but it feels too normal XD. We'll I admit, besides the production quality, this anime captured my heart ♥
Feb 8, 2017 2:17 PM

Oct 2013
puchacamilo said:
Manckx said:

What is this image! Why do you dis du meeeee. 7 members? Creator you can't post that image and Not doing a better 2nd season...

It was very tender ending, but it feels too normal XD. We'll I admit, besides the production quality, this anime captured my heart ♥

Ha! This pic is intriguing. One of the other girls is Saeki, but who is the 7th? Ami's little sister?
Feb 8, 2017 3:08 PM

Oct 2010
redtailrav said:
puchacamilo said:

Ha! This pic is intriguing. One of the other girls is Saeki, but who is the 7th? Ami's little sister?

It fits a little with her sister look, I think that too, but that face doesn't according to her personality XD it's a little weird
Feb 9, 2017 8:36 AM
Jun 2015
Cbr_Star said:
Azrealx91 said:

You've actually ridden on the Shimanami Kaido? Wow I'm kinda jealous!lol.

Do you feel the show captured the feeling of traveling down it?

No no I didn't get to ride on that yet, it's still a bucket list item. Living in North America and family of two kids makes this bucket list item very hard to attain until they are teenagers unfortunately! i'd be Jealous of anyone that gets to go! :)
Feb 9, 2017 10:55 AM

Jan 2015
Ahhhhh it's over .. what a pity .. so exciting to remember how it was to start cycling, few animes portrayed as well as every stage of a cyclist is ... meeting a group, pedaling in a group, going away ... I hope they do At least some "OVAs" ....
Feb 9, 2017 12:00 PM

Nov 2016
[quote=redtailrav message=49600698][quote=puchacamilo message=49599113]
Manckx said:
[quote=puchacamilo message=49601381][quote=redtailrav]
puchacamilo said:

It fits a little with her sister look, I think that too, but that face doesn't according to her personality XD it's a little weird

She has the right hair style, she has a white headband. And, she also has the same facial expressions Ami has when she's winded from heavy exercise ....
Almost older than dirt
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

34 by Serafos »»
Sep 1, 2022 3:27 PM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

35 by Serafos »»
Sep 1, 2022 5:12 AM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

28 by Serafos »»
Aug 31, 2022 9:09 AM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

30 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2022 5:10 AM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

39 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2022 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.