Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2017 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was intense! The battles return to the battlefield as Tanya and the others show their talent.

She manages to graduate with good scores, not too surprising. Seeing Tanya work with Visha working together is quite pleasing. Tanya makes an interesting captain of her squad this episode.
Feb 3, 2017 6:15 AM

Jul 2008
She's a true leader! That warning speech aimed at the enemy base near the end lol... Made them think it was a child's prank!

Feb 3, 2017 6:43 AM

Mar 2008
They are speeding it up even firther, NUT probably want to finish whole Rhine's campaing by the end of a season. Still even more juicy parts of the story got cut off this episode and Visha's even uglier this episode (it's irksome considering how well her anime's design works for Youjo Shenki >_>)
Feb 3, 2017 8:12 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Tanya is fucking savage this episode lol

This anime is becoming almost disturbingly fun to watch. I'm not a sadist but damn it's enjoyable seeing this much malice first-hand for once
Feb 3, 2017 8:28 AM

Aug 2013
that warning speech in the end tho, heyaaheyaahyeaa
Feb 3, 2017 8:35 AM

Mar 2015
Another great eps I love this show! TAMAYA!
Feb 3, 2017 8:35 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'd be lying if I said that I was surprised that Tanya was this rough on applicants and her troops and that she'd lead them like a fucking PRO

Really enjoyed seeing her battalion wreck shit but the real tests for me comes when they go against other mages so I can't wait to see that

But that international law warning speech though LMAOOOOOO
Feb 3, 2017 8:43 AM

Jan 2015
Whoa, there goes the hell training begun. And I think this one-month training will fully cover the episode.
And Major Tanya, happy birthday. :)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 3, 2017 8:47 AM

Jan 2015
No OP or ED o_o I was laughing so hard when Tanya started speaking in that voice. Wasn't expecting to laugh in this episode after seeing that rigorous training

Btw i really like how their blue eyes is the only bright thing.
Feb 3, 2017 8:49 AM

Apr 2016
Tanya looks more psychotic... I love it. I think it's because of her character design. I'm not mad anymore they changed it. Also, Yuuki Aoi's voice acting... SUPERB.
SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT!SPLAT! SPLAT!
Feb 3, 2017 8:53 AM

Nov 2016
damm i loved the training scene especialy them digging holes to survive.
that one sided battle but still was fun to watch this episode was great i loved every part of it and that unexpected warning just i lost it soo good
Feb 3, 2017 8:53 AM

Apr 2012
They made Romania look like a joke here. During WW1 it was an important front. We lost but we put up a good fight.
Of course they didn't have aerial combat on the eastern front. Had they used planes it might have ended just at quick.
Feb 3, 2017 9:02 AM
May 2013
Great Ep ... Also at 21:25 - 21:26, when Tanya remarked 'oh..' I just loved it :D ...Need it as a message tone .. haha
That 'Child' voice completely caught me off-guard. lol...
Feb 3, 2017 9:05 AM

Feb 2013
Really liked this episode, Tanya's twistedness is becoming more and more enjoyable to watch.
Feb 3, 2017 9:08 AM

Sep 2015
Wooooow I didn't expect this anime to be that good, Tanya's character is very strong !
Feb 3, 2017 9:22 AM

Dec 2015
For someone who has his military training still fresh in mind I felt chills as I watched them train so harshly.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 3, 2017 9:26 AM
Jan 2013
Seriously that country was rly that weak?? They had no mages, or better artillery?

Also I wonder what had driven Tanya to that level of sadism. In previous life he was sort of neutral type of person, but here we have a complete monster.
Feb 3, 2017 9:27 AM

Jun 2015
No OP or ED, but still a damn good episode. That training session looks very tough. Everyone was lucky to survive. Tanya wasn't expecting them to keep on going. The action was great. They completely wrecked the Dakians. The warning speech was hilarious.
Feb 3, 2017 9:37 AM

Jul 2009
Some of those volunteers who ended up as 'failures' had some sort of scars in the manga.

The woman wasn't really scarred but she was a bit different, her pair was pretty big and had some scars and lost an eye and the latter one was very fat and with many scars.

And the order of the training was somewhat changed. Originally, first it was the blowing up the entire house all of them were in, then the 48 hour march then the artillery defensive training, then another march, then anti-interrogation training, and the others after that weren't as detailed.

But I guess they can't really show war-inflicted disfigurements or torture that easily on TV, so I can understand why they skipped that.

There was also a bit more of a lecture for Weiss regarding his by the book tactics , with a few threats involved, but that's more or less a side thing.

The Dakians actually formed something like a square, but filled with troops, instead of the cavalry square (just a few ranks of troops in 4 directions) like in the manga / novel .

And there wasn't really any 'aweinspiring' demonstration of her battalion which would awe Rerugen, but that's okay as well.

All in all, they didn't really remove that many parts, although they shortened some parts as well, so with this pace they'll finish atleast Volume 3, since Ep 5 / 12 covered the end of Vol 1 and the start of Vol 2.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Feb 3, 2017 9:37 AM

Sep 2012
As always this episode was so good.
Feb 3, 2017 9:39 AM

Dec 2016
rikuhod said:
Seriously that country was rly that weak?? They had no mages, or better artillery?

Also I wonder what had driven Tanya to that level of sadism. In previous life he was sort of neutral type of person, but here we have a complete monster.

Dakian was weak, because similar to real life history, not all countries had advanced in terms of science and technology by the time WW1 came about. Just as Tanya mentioned at one point, they were pretty much living in the last century, and thus, were pretty much sitting ducks to her battalion, and they could not do anything about that at all. Everything about their army was, essentially, inferior to that of the Empire's, and in more than one way too. They were basically dead before they even knew what was coming.

Also, Tanya's pretty much desperate to live a comfortable life in the rear by any means possible, and if it meant that she had to become a monster in order to reach her goal, then so be it. Tie that up with her obsession of rules, efficiency, and perfection in her previous life as Mr. Japanese Salaryman, then we basically get the Adolf Hitloli we have now.
Feb 3, 2017 9:46 AM

May 2010
The voice she used to make that speech lmao
tamaya!
Feb 3, 2017 9:54 AM

Jun 2014
GOOD SOUND DESIGN IS THE BEST THING EVER. Oh man the sound of those spells is just fantastic.

Tayna is such a fucking boss.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 3, 2017 10:02 AM

Apr 2016
Tanya just prank them really hard
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Feb 3, 2017 10:06 AM

Dec 2014
shock troop..black ops...I am not much educated regarding this...but the enjoyment I am getting out of this is immense..

Feb 3, 2017 10:12 AM

May 2016
It is a wonderful creative job to combine the military disciplinetp and the attack the capital of Dakia, omitting OP and ED.

Tanya's demonic smile is devilishly cute xD
Feb 3, 2017 10:13 AM

Aug 2012
That was intense! 24mins flew so fast.

wvrFeb 3, 2017 10:30 PM
Feb 3, 2017 10:19 AM

Apr 2013
Adviel said:
They made Romania look like a joke here. During WW1 it was an important front. We lost but we put up a good fight.
Of course they didn't have aerial combat on the eastern front. Had they used planes it might have ended just at quick.

While on the map Dakia is our world's romania, I think it's pretty obvious that Dakia in the original material is representing the incompetence of Austria Hungary during the first world war rather than Romania. A country with a tremendous amount of men an territory, but completely out of date strategies and tactics, logistic, and technology.
ZefyrisFeb 3, 2017 10:27 AM
Feb 3, 2017 10:25 AM

Jul 2014
Well, despite no OP or ED, that was pretty damn enjoyable, especially with how obviously deliberate it was that Tanya went with the childish voice at the end there to make them think it was a prank.
Feb 3, 2017 10:25 AM
Jan 2017
Of the three shows from this season that I'm watching, this is by far the most unadulterated fun. It's great to see a character like Tanya, who is not only a wonderful villain protagonist, but also an incredibly flawed one. For every thing that she's great at, she runs into a wall with something else.

I loved the scene in which she is giving the warning to the Dakians. After giving the message in her super-girly voice, she starts glaring at her subordinates whilst they are complementing her on giving the impression that it was all a prank. It was obvious that she hated the way that she sounded over the radio, but decided to roll with it.

Great voice acting and awesome animation made this one of the best episodes thus far.
Feb 3, 2017 10:38 AM

Apr 2012
Zefyris said:
Adviel said:

While on the map Dakia is our world's romania, I think it's pretty obvious that Dakia in the original material is representing the incompetence of Austria Hungary during the first world war rather than Romania. A country with a tremendous amount of men an territory, but completely out of date strategies and tactics, logistic, and technology.

Austria Hungary was alied with Germany in WW1 and fought Romania in the South-Eastern front. And Dakia is a reference to Dacia the ancient country that was there before Romania.
Feb 3, 2017 10:44 AM
Oct 2013
This episode in two words: Ants Extermination
Feb 3, 2017 10:45 AM

Apr 2013
Adviel said:
Zefyris said:

Austria Hungary was alied with Germany in WW1 and fought Romania in the South-Eastern front. And Dakia is a reference to Dacia the ancient country that was there before Romania.

I know which side was Austria Hungary. I'm pointing out that the Dakia incompetence is a direct link to Austria Hungary. Dakia is basically what would have happened to austria hungary if they didn't went to war against a country 10 times smaller than them (Serbia) but attacking an all powerful germany (the germany in that verse is even stronger than it was in our world in WW1) head on instead.
If you know the detials of the decisions made on Austria Hungary side, if the name of conrad von hotzendorf is (as it should be) for you one of the biggest example of criminal incompetence from an army chief of staff during the first world war, then you should know why I'm saying this.
Feb 3, 2017 10:50 AM

Dec 2009

Tanya's so cute and cuddly LOL

Is this supposed to be comedy as well as hardcore?
GenesisAriaFeb 3, 2017 10:55 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 3, 2017 10:54 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

That's some hellish training that Tanya put those soldiers through.

Action was great as usual and it was pretty cool seeing Tanya lead her battalion and wreck those opponent soldiers. The opposition stood absolutely zero chance against them.
Tanya's crazy smiles are always awesome. xD

That International Law message was hilarious. xD
Feb 3, 2017 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
That is a really viscous and evil way to use a loli voice. holy crap
Watching that slaughter felt similar to the massacres in GATE where higher technology just destroyed everything.
Feb 3, 2017 11:20 AM

Mar 2014
I loved every single second of it fam.

Feb 3, 2017 11:21 AM

Feb 2008
is it me, or won't god take away her magic as punishment for getting full of herself.
Feb 3, 2017 11:32 AM
Nov 2012
What means "Tamaya"?
Feb 3, 2017 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
Huach said:
What means "Tamaya"?

Read that short explanation for the origin of that shoot :

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/lexicon.php?id=106

:)
Feb 3, 2017 11:45 AM

Jul 2016
(He) She's so savage, I love it :D

Feb 3, 2017 11:46 AM
Nov 2012
Zefyris said:
Huach said:
What means "Tamaya"?

Read that short explanation for the origin of that shoot :

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/lexicon.php?id=106

:)
Tnaks, I ask in 4 places, no one know
Feb 3, 2017 11:56 AM

Feb 2015
That episode was savage. This show is getting better and better each week, its weird how twisted she is yet you still want her to succeed.
Feb 3, 2017 11:56 AM

Sep 2016
That was so awesome! Her voice was adorable when making that announcement xP
Feb 3, 2017 11:57 AM

Nov 2016
Another incredible episode! This anime is one of the bests from this season, not to say that is my favorite one, can't wait 'til next friday!
Feb 3, 2017 12:01 PM

Jun 2013
damn now that's some hellish traing right there ans that was a massacre i feel bad for them
Feb 3, 2017 12:06 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
INTERNATIONAL LAW MESSAGE is 10/10.
Feb 3, 2017 12:27 PM

Sep 2014
Damn she serious fked with them with her kid speech.

This situation is like drifters, where you see what technology advancements can do (Guns vs Swords now Guns vs Air forces). Good episode.
Feb 3, 2017 12:46 PM

Jan 2014
This show is so fucked up.......in a good way

Btw, tanya ftw TAMAYA!!!
Feb 3, 2017 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
Well, Dakia got rekt pretty hard, but that's not surprising, considering they went to the war against a country with flying magicians who shoot laser beams with horses and outdated guns.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

175 by Phixiately »»
Apr 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

186 by Phixiately »»
Apr 16, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2017

141 by Phixiately »»
Apr 15, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

290 by suyumanda »»
Apr 10, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

312 by Phixiately »»
Apr 10, 8:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.