Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 56 57 [58] 59 60 » ... Last »
Feb 2, 2017 12:46 PM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
zerdkt said:
Hello @Conde_Mohr! Regarding the excel sheet, I just downloaded it moments ago and noticed that in the Challenge List (Manga) sheet, the 'Extra notes' column is protected and I can't add text to it. I'm not sure if it's just me though. Thanks in advance!

There are two "Extra notes" columns, and one of them is protected. Does it happen to both of them?

Feb 2, 2017 12:49 PM

Feb 2016
Conde_Mohr said:
zerdkt said:
Hello @Conde_Mohr! Regarding the excel sheet, I just downloaded it moments ago and noticed that in the Challenge List (Manga) sheet, the 'Extra notes' column is protected and I can't add text to it. I'm not sure if it's just me though. Thanks in advance!

There are two "Extra notes" columns, and one of them is protected. Does it happen to both of them?

Yep both of the columns are protected. It only happens on the one for manga.
Feb 2, 2017 12:52 PM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
zerdkt said:
Conde_Mohr said:

Yep both of the columns are protected. It only happens on the one for manga.

Fixed. If you download the file again, it should work now.

Feb 2, 2017 12:58 PM

Feb 2016
Conde_Mohr said:

Fixed. If you download the file again, it should work now.

Thank you very much for your time! :D
Feb 2, 2017 2:59 PM
Sep 2016
Can i get some recommendations please
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/LT2G?status=2 this is my list
Feb 2, 2017 3:04 PM

Dec 2014
LT2G said:
Can i get some recommendations please
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/LT2G?status=2 this is my list

I recommend Sunday Without God. It's pretty interesting.
Feb 2, 2017 3:29 PM
Sep 2016
thank you

Completing character limit
Feb 2, 2017 8:59 PM

May 2015
"59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread"
Please recommend me good ones, any genre.
Feb 2, 2017 9:01 PM
May 2015
RafaKazuto said:

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica watch this amazing piece of art

Feb 2, 2017 9:02 PM

May 2015
HeroTheKiller said:
RafaKazuto said:

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica watch this amazing piece of art

Thank you very much! i will watch it :)
Feb 2, 2017 10:14 PM
Sep 2015
One of my assigned challenges was "Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field". Does anyone have suggestions for this one? (Romance, Ecchi, Harem, Comedy genres preferred, but not required)
Feb 3, 2017 1:13 AM

Apr 2015
Hi, can anyone give me a recommendation for #59, please? :)
Feb 3, 2017 1:24 AM

Oct 2014
saturnscoria46 said:
One of my assigned challenges was "Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field". Does anyone have suggestions for this one? (Romance, Ecchi, Harem, Comedy genres preferred, but not required)
Sore ga Seiyuu (two are beginners, but they're all doing voice acting professionally), New Game (game design, some yuri), Rec (romance, advertising industry).

CathJ said:
Hi, can anyone give me a recommendation for #59, please? :)
Berserk (gritty war drama), Detroit Metal City (crude humour), Hitsugi no Chaika (cute battle anime).
Feb 3, 2017 1:26 AM

Apr 2015
@zombie_pegasus
Thank you for recommendations! :)
Feb 3, 2017 3:59 AM
Oct 2014
Did Shumatsu no Izetta is number #44?
And i don't understand number #60, i search other who complete the challenge but i can't find the their list.
nolnoaFeb 3, 2017 4:32 AM
Feb 3, 2017 4:34 AM

Aug 2013
RinceWavest said:
Did Shumatsu no Izetta is number #44?
And i don't understand number #60, but i find other the challenge their challenge list is removed :(

44- "Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth"

Not sure if Izetta counts since it happens in a alternate Earth. Most country's are based into real ones, but have fantasy names.

60." Watch an anime that another user has completed for this challenge".

My English is a little limited, from what I understood :

Watch an anime that some one used for the 2017 challenge. So check those "spoilers" in others peoples entry's and pick something from there.

In case I'm misunderstanding it; please correct me @AWC_mod xD
Feb 3, 2017 5:15 AM
Jan 2016
Can someone look at my list and recommend me an anime for #59, thanks!
Feb 3, 2017 5:31 AM

Dec 2014
Tymano said:

Suggestions based on shows you've watched:

Azumanga Daioh
Tonari no Seki-kun
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
The Seven Deadly Sins
Feb 3, 2017 5:33 AM
Jan 2016
AnnaSartin said:
Tymano said:

Suggestions based on shows you've watched:

Azumanga Daioh
Tonari no Seki-kun
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
The Seven Deadly Sins

All right, thank you for the suggestions!
Feb 3, 2017 7:40 AM

May 2016
I noticed that there are like 6 unsuccessful tries so far. What constitutes an unsuccessful try? Is it just the people who posted "withdrawn" or does it include those who turned in a list but got an entry wrong? I just wanna make sure @_@

For the finish the on-hold/dropped anime challenge, what date specifically should I put in the start date? (like the date I started watching the series or the date when I put in on-hold)

#28. Watch an anime adapted from a Visual Novel, Card Game or Game
Anyone got some recs? 1-cour's fine with me.

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps~!

Feb 3, 2017 8:19 AM

Jan 2013
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
I noticed that there are like 6 unsuccessful tries so far. What constitutes an unsuccessful try? Is it just the people who posted "withdrawn" or does it include those who turned in a list but got an entry wrong? I just wanna make sure @_@

For the finish the on-hold/dropped anime challenge, what date specifically should I put in the start date? (like the date I started watching the series or the date when I put in on-hold)

#28. Watch an anime adapted from a Visual Novel, Card Game or Game
Anyone got some recs? 1-cour's fine with me.

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps~!

For the on-hold / dropped challenge you would obviously need the start date when you started the anime. - If it's early 2017 or 2016 that's fine.
So far I've seen that around 2 to 3 months or more is the general rule to start it again, as some people don't have on-hold or dropped and asked for the same question.

As for #28:
- Kanon 2006 = based on a Visual Novel.
- Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV = based on a video game.
Feb 3, 2017 8:41 AM

May 2016
PrOxAnto said:

For the on-hold / dropped challenge you would obviously need the start date when you started the anime. - If it's early 2017 or 2016 that's fine.
So far I've seen that around 2 to 3 months or more is the general rule to start it again, as some people don't have on-hold or dropped and asked for the same question.

As for #28:
- Kanon 2006 = based on a Visual Novel.
- Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV = based on a video game.

Woo. That took some weight off my chest because I kept overthinking about it. I completely forgot about Kingsglaive. Thanks~!

Feb 3, 2017 10:29 AM

Jan 2016
can someone recommend me new anime for my anime challenge
Feb 3, 2017 10:42 AM

Dec 2014
Rokuroh said:
can someone recommend me new anime for my anime challenge

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood isn't on your watched list yet. I recommend it!
Feb 3, 2017 10:54 AM

Oct 2013
Helloooooo guys! I need again some help :S
For this one... Watch an anime with adults as the main cast - needs 2 or more main characters and they should be 18 years old or older
A tv 12-13 episodes if possible :S

If not I will watch Psycho Pass I guess, but I'm too lazy for a 20+ episodes with a "serious" background x'D
Feb 3, 2017 11:45 AM

Oct 2014
Titadou said:
For this one... Watch an anime with adults as the main cast - needs 2 or more main characters and they should be 18 years old or older

If not I will watch Psycho Pass I guess, but I'm too lazy for a 20+ episodes with a "serious" background x'D
It doesn't look like you've seen Gravitation. It's 13 episodes and all the main characters are young adults. I hope you don't mind watching a shounen ai anime from 2000.
Feb 3, 2017 11:56 AM

May 2015
42. "Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese"

Does Firo Prochainezo count as a human, since he is an Immortal Human?
Feb 3, 2017 12:03 PM

Jan 2013
RafaKazuto said:

From "Baccano" right?
He's born in Manhattan and has an Italian father, so I think the "Immortal Human" has nothing to do with it.
As far as I know and have read, he's American.

TL;DR It counts for the challenge.
Feb 3, 2017 12:05 PM

May 2015
PrOxAnto said:
RafaKazuto said:

From "Baccano" right?
He's born in Manhattan and has an Italian father, so I think the "Immortal Human" has nothing to do with it.
As far as I know and have read, he's American.

TL;DR It counts for the challenge.

Thank you very much, i will be adding baccano then.
Feb 3, 2017 12:33 PM

Oct 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
Titadou said:

It doesn't look like you've seen Gravitation. It's 13 episodes and all the main characters are young adults. I hope you don't mind watching a shounen ai anime from 2000.

Well I just watched No.6 and I liked Love Stage! so I can try a shounen ai I guess.... thanks! x)
Feb 3, 2017 12:59 PM

Jan 2015
I got #59. Can I get some recommendations?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2017 1:08 PM

Apr 2012
hannab4343 said:

Since you gave Higurashi no naku koro nia high score, I recommend you Umineko no naku koro ni; it's from the same author… it ends on a cliffhanger since it never got a second season, but it's nevertheless a great anime, specially if you're also a Higurashi fan ;)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/4896/Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2017 1:19 PM

Feb 2011
dawnangel14 said:
hannab4343 said:

Since you gave Higurashi no naku koro nia high score, I recommend you Umineko no naku koro ni; it's from the same author… it ends on a cliffhanger since it never got a second season, but it's nevertheless a great anime, specially if you're also a Higurashi fan ;)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/4896/Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni

I'd say the fact that it's unfinished is a pretty huge hit against it. And apparently, it has lots of other issues (that cause it's lack of continuation in the first place). And with the original VN getting released on Steam, one really doesn't have to rely on the anime.

Feb 3, 2017 2:38 PM

Apr 2011
Anyone have some suggestions for me? I'll watch pretty much everything, but preferably not a shounen/shoujo ai or a kids anime.
Feb 3, 2017 2:59 PM

Sep 2014
KMH said:
Anyone have some suggestions for me? I'll watch pretty much everything, but preferably not a shounen/shoujo ai or a kids anime.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/120/Fruits_Basket

https://myanimelist.net/anime/853/Ouran_Koukou_Host_Club

I will also recommend Black Butler Book of Circus and Book of Murder. They are sequels, but can sort of work as stand alone stories as well if you know the basic premise of Black Butler.You can just watch season 1 if you want as well. We seem to have similar taste, that I really did like both of these.
Feb 3, 2017 3:29 PM

Oct 2013
I asked already, but any serious suggestions so I can start building up a to-do list for the rest of the year?
ShadexImpulse said:
Anyone know anything good for either of these two I can use?
For 30. a Web/Digital/4koma manga adapted series, I feel like I watched most of the 4komas I ever intended to see, so does anyone know some that came from a digital or web series?

For number 43, the one about the main being a professional, I'm looking for something where they have a job, but it still has a plot moving forward rather than just being about their job, I guess? Shows where nothing goes on but the protagonist living their daily life and doing their job/club/being cute bore me easily.
I've officially sworn off of 2016.
Feb 3, 2017 5:43 PM
Sep 2016
"59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread" Please recommend me good ones
Feb 3, 2017 5:44 PM

May 2015
EricLBW said:
"59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread" Please recommend me good ones

I recommend you Highschool DxD or Mayo Chiki!

https://myanimelist.net/anime/11617/High_School_DxD
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10110/Mayo_Chiki
Feb 3, 2017 9:04 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
chocolateparody said:
I was wondering if this one could be used for #40. Watch an anime with at least one child as MC because I spot a tail but it looks so cute.

Poko is described as a "young boy" but he's description here and there makes it seems that he's a bit older (given what he is). But I'm not sure since I haven't seen this and I would need to research a bit more.

Godeus said:

from Baccano! better use one of the followings
Laforet, Chane
Russo, Ladd
Stanfield, Claire

Kajo_Senpai69 said:

Withdrawn doesn't count for this. Unsuccessful tries are, well, that. Tries at completing the challenge that turn out unsuccessful. Meaning that there's is a title used in one (or more) of the items that doesn't fit what that particular item ask for. For example: using Your Lie in April for #04 (Watch a Music type anime).

჌ HiScore ჌ LoScore ჌ Auction

჌ Turn-Ins ჌ AWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 3, 2017 11:46 PM

Jul 2015
Number 26 says Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action - you can use any listed in that club. If the one you want to use isn't listed yet, request it's addition there.

Does this mean we have to see the live action movie or only the anime?
Feb 4, 2017 12:20 AM

Jul 2012
LauritaAnime said:
Number 26 says Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action - you can use any listed in that club. If the one you want to use isn't listed yet, request it's addition there.

The anime, it just has to have a live action counterpart to count for the challenge.
Feb 4, 2017 2:28 AM

Jun 2007
Ossu! I need a recommendation for challenge #59 please!
Feb 4, 2017 2:47 AM

Dec 2014
Question: What if you want to use something for a tag challenge that is not tagged correctly?
Feb 4, 2017 5:18 AM

Jul 2015
GamerDLM said:
LauritaAnime said:

The anime, it just has to have a live action counterpart to count for the challenge.

Okay, thanks for helping me out @GamerDLM !
Feb 4, 2017 6:16 AM

Mar 2011
Hi there! ^^

I just wanted to ask whether Pucca count as valid entry? :D
(for 24. Watch an anime with 33 episodes or more)

Feb 4, 2017 6:58 AM

Mar 2016
Renee-chan said:
Hi there! ^^

I just wanted to ask whether Pucca count as valid entry? :D
(for 24. Watch an anime with 33 episodes or more)
Yes that would count as a valid entry.
Feb 4, 2017 8:28 AM
Jul 2018
AnnaSartin said:
Question: What if you want to use something for a tag challenge that is not tagged correctly?

go this thread https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1510673 and hope they get around to it
Feb 4, 2017 8:44 AM

Aug 2013
meiiyukii said:
Ossu! I need a recommendation for challenge #59 please!

I recommend you Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, you should like it
Feb 4, 2017 8:55 AM

Dec 2014
>> Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio

For this challenge, take A-1 picture as an example. I search A-1 picture and list in descending order according to the scores.
I assume that anime with "N/A" score will NOT count as lowest score. (Correct me if it counts
From the explainations, it said,
Only count those titles that doesn't require to watch a prequel/related anime UNLESS you have watched that related anime already
What does "count" means?
Those OVA / ONA / Special which I do NOT watch the related anime will NOT count as the 5 lowest score?
Or just that they still count as the 5 lowest score, but they CANNOT be chosen as a challenge?
Feb 4, 2017 10:27 AM

Dec 2014
Nicholaevich said:
AnnaSartin said:

go this thread https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1510673 and hope they get around to it

Tried that last month but they never got back to me. At least this confirms I posted in the right thread.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 56 57 [58] 59 60 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

119 by Miyamotodex23 »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

67 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
7 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Apr 23

33 by MasterTasuke »»
7 minutes ago

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

96 by rho34 »»
11 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 1 hour ago

2 by LightWorker »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.