Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Will there be a season 3 of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime?? What Chapter did the anime stop at?

New
Dec 28, 2016 3:40 PM
Dec 2016
I finished both season 1 and 2 in a day and the OVA! Is there any news of a season 3?!? I heard a lot of it most likely not getting a season 3 due to Bones Studio w/ never continuing them but I don't want to lose hope!! Will there be a season 3?!? Also what Chapter did the anime stop at???
Dec 28, 2016 3:46 PM

Jul 2012
I can't say exactly what chapter since I'm too lazy to read them and there isn't a brief summary on the wiki. But going by character introductions the anime stopped around chapter 30 or volume 8 out of 16. In particular I'm basing this vague guess off of the character who first appeared in episode 18 appeared in chapter 24
GamerDLMDec 28, 2016 3:49 PM
Dec 28, 2016 4:06 PM
Dec 2016
GamerDLM said:
I can't say exactly what chapter since I'm too lazy to read them and there isn't a brief summary on the wiki. But going by character introductions the anime stopped around chapter 30 or volume 8 out of 16. In particular I'm basing this vague guess off of the character who first appeared in episode 18 appeared in chapter 24
Hmm ok, I figured since the roof scene with Obi and Trow was on Chapter 32
Dec 28, 2016 4:24 PM

Sep 2015
This show deserves a season 3. Things were just getting good, they can't stop now. :(
Dec 28, 2016 4:32 PM

Oct 2016
I'd love a season 3, but from what I read the ending was an alternate ending where there adventures continue, but it was supposed to give a satisfying conclusion.
Dec 28, 2016 4:44 PM
Aug 2016
I wish there could be a season 3, one of my favourite romances. I truly loved that show. However I don't think there will be sadly :/
Dec 28, 2016 5:20 PM
Dec 28, 2016 6:15 PM
Dec 2016
sarroush said:
Thread moved to proper board
Thank u! I'm new so I don't really know where to post for what
Jan 2, 2017 4:24 AM

Dec 2014
Sales are what make a difference. If it didn't sell well, then no season 3. Does anyone have the current numbers for the Japanese BluRays? Originally they weren't very good I'm told.
Feb 1, 2017 3:18 PM
May 2016
AnnaSartin said:
Sales are what make a difference. If it didn't sell well, then no season 3. Does anyone have the current numbers for the Japanese BluRays? Originally they weren't very good I'm told.

It's not just Bru-rays and DvDs. The primary focus is on the merchandise.
Feb 1, 2017 5:37 PM

Dec 2014
NG_Calen said:
AnnaSartin said:

The profits from the merch mainly go to the manufacturer, very little goes to the animation studio. Unless a TON of merch sells the profits don't make enough of a difference to count. Likewise, manga sales don't matter (none of those profits go to the studio at all) unless it encourages the publishing company to invest their own money in more OVAs or another season. In the end, companies need discs to sell. It's their main source of revenue to make back the money they spent producing the show.
Feb 1, 2017 6:17 PM
May 2016
AnnaSartin said:
NG_Calen said:

The profits from the merch mainly go to the manufacturer, very little goes to the animation studio. Unless a TON of merch sells the profits don't make enough of a difference to count. Likewise, manga sales don't matter (none of those profits go to the studio at all) unless it encourages the publishing company to invest their own money in more OVAs or another season. In the end, companies need discs to sell. It's their main source of revenue to make back the money they spent producing the show.

Well, that's just what I read.
Feb 2, 2017 5:08 AM
May 2016
AnnaSartin said:
NG_Calen said:

Also George Lucas made most of his money on Star Wars Merchandise. Also, the people who would get the money are not the Animators. The animators get payed whatever their paid. The people concerned about profits are the Producers, because the producers fund everything, and generally commission the studio to animate something, because they think it could make money.
Feb 2, 2017 5:57 AM

Dec 2014
NG_Calen said:

Also George Lucas made most of his money on Star Wars Merchandise. Also, the people who would get the money are not the Animators. The animators get payed whatever their paid. The people concerned about profits are the Producers, because the producers fund everything, and generally commission the studio to animate something, because they think it could make money.

Star Wars is not anime. Comparing profits from a hugely successful decades-old franchise known throughout the world like Star Wars to niche entertainment like anime (particularly a two year-old series like Shirayuki aimed at a specific audience) is like comparing the profit made at a convenience store to the profit made at a nationwide grocery chain. There's no comparison. As far as merchandise goes, Shirayuki is not going to sell the amount of merch that bigger series like Sailor Moon would sell that could make up for low sales, it doesn't have the huge worldwide fanbase for that. Animation companies and their investors need their main products to sell, DVDs and Blurays. I'm well aware that general animators do not share in the profits, they take home a paycheck like most standard employees. But the investors DO share in the profits, and if they do not see a big enough return on their investment they will not commission the animation studio to work on another season. Anime producer Marina Sasaki explains the situation perfectly here: http://goboiano.com/list/5373-anime-producer-explains-why-second-seasons-don%2527t-happen

"What if you sell a lot of licensed merchandise from the show? Royalties from anime merchandise is just a small percentage of the total revenue. If you sell 10 million yen worth of merchandise, only a few hundred thousand yen will go to the anime company. If you do not sell a lot of merchandise, then it would not be a large sum. In the end, it is tough if the Blu-ray discs do not sell."
AnnaSartinFeb 2, 2017 6:00 AM
Feb 2, 2017 6:33 AM

Dec 2014
For example let's say you have a production commitee consisting of the producer, a distribution company (to sell discs), a music company (to produce the music and sell the official soundtrack), a company that makes official merchandise like figures and clothing and the publishing company that prints and sells the show's source material. For the sake of simplification, let's say each member contributes 20 percent of the money used to make a one-season show. The merchandise sells very well, but the discs don't sell well enough for the music company or the DVD/BR distributor to be interested in contributing anymore money for future seasons. That's forty percent of the income for season 2 lost and it's entirely possible that the producer might not be able to contribute after the financial loss as well. Unless everyone left wants to pay more than their original twenty percent agreement (probably not happening) or they can find new investors to replace the old ones (also probably not happening, since companies generally don't want to take risks on projects that have already failed to live up to expectation) then any plans for season 2 are dead in the water.

In the case of Shirayuki, I'm hoping the franchise can make enough to justify a season 3. I really, really want one, but I know the reality is that sales are the lifeblood of future seasons. Let's hope lots of people show their support and buy it!
AnnaSartinFeb 2, 2017 2:50 PM
Feb 2, 2017 2:12 PM
May 2016
AnnaSartin said:
NG_Calen said:

Star Wars is not anime. Comparing profits from a hugely successful decades-old franchise known throughout the world like Star Wars to niche entertainment like anime (particularly a two year-old series like Shirayuki aimed at a specific audience) is like comparing the profit made at a convenience store to the profit made at a nationwide grocery chain. There's no comparison. As far as merchandise goes, Shirayuki is not going to sell the amount of merch that bigger series like Sailor Moon would sell that could make up for low sales, it doesn't have the huge worldwide fanbase for that. Animation companies and their investors need their main products to sell, DVDs and Blurays. I'm well aware that general animators do not share in the profits, they take home a paycheck like most standard employees. But the investors DO share in the profits, and if they do not see a big enough return on their investment they will not commission the animation studio to work on another season. Anime producer Marina Sasaki explains the situation perfectly here: http://goboiano.com/list/5373-anime-producer-explains-why-second-seasons-don%2527t-happen

"What if you sell a lot of licensed merchandise from the show? Royalties from anime merchandise is just a small percentage of the total revenue. If you sell 10 million yen worth of merchandise, only a few hundred thousand yen will go to the anime company. If you do not sell a lot of merchandise, then it would not be a large sum. In the end, it is tough if the Blu-ray discs do not sell."

But george Lucas had made that money early on when star wars was still small.
Also- http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-08-13/anime-insiders-share-how-much-producing-a-season-costs/.91536
Feb 2, 2017 2:17 PM
May 2016
Oops, I misread part of the article. sorry about that. no hard feelings Anna Sartin
May 9, 2017 4:50 AM
May 2017
I really want a season 3...TBH I still have a lot of questions...Regarding their marriage,Obi's feelings,Ryu's feelings,Prince Raji's feelings,and I kinda want a special twist in the story...I kinda want to see how Prince Zen would react if Shirayuki was a princess with magical hair from a far away land...And was kidnapped with a severe wound caused by a sword...I really want that to happen...Can I ask for everyone's support regarding the possibility of Season 3's creation...?
Please support it...I really want it to last for a long time...It's actually interesting...I'm not sure if I can but I wish that I can inspire you to pray for the animatic creation of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Season 3...Please pray for it's creation...please *PRAY FOR AKAGAMI NO SHIRAYUKI-HIME SEASON 3*...I respect and pray for positive reviews with your support to my supporting prayer...Please...HELP...
Jun 12, 2017 6:48 PM

Dec 2016
The show was fantastic, but judging from the final episode, specifically the episode number being replaced with 'Final Episode", and along with the end card showing 'FIN', I do believe that the adaption is complete. It is unfortunate to say the least, but it was a wonderful experience watching!

However, one can always hope!
Jun 13, 2017 8:59 PM
Jun 2017
I guess from wut yall have said they won't be having a season 3. I wished they would tho. This show was so cute. If they ever had a season 3 I think they would get married. But like some of yall have said I still have hope! XD (Have any of u seen fairy tail)
Jun 13, 2017 9:02 PM
Jun 2017
Celestial_Jane said:
I really want a season 3...TBH I still have a lot of questions...Regarding their marriage,Obi's feelings,Ryu's feelings,Prince Raji's feelings,and I kinda want a special twist in the story...I kinda want to see how Prince Zen would react if Shirayuki was a princess with magical hair from a far away land...And was kidnapped with a severe wound caused by a sword...I really want that to happen...Can I ask for everyone's support regarding the possibility of Season 3's creation...?
Please support it...I really want it to last for a long time...It's actually interesting...I'm not sure if I can but I wish that I can inspire you to pray for the animatic creation of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Season 3...Please pray for it's creation...please *PRAY FOR AKAGAMI NO SHIRAYUKI-HIME SEASON 3*...I respect and pray for positive reviews with your support to my supporting prayer...Please...HELP...

Yes, I totally agree I have an imagination like u and want all of those questions answered. (P.S. I support ur prayer) good luc XD
Jun 13, 2017 9:03 PM
Jun 2017
Jak said:
I'd love a season 3, but from what I read the ending was an alternate ending where there adventures continue, but it was supposed to give a satisfying conclusion.

Wut do u mean alternate ending?
Jun 13, 2017 9:08 PM
Jun 2017
HecticLeo said:
This show deserves a season 3. Things were just getting good, they can't stop now. :(

I totally feel u.I thought they would get married and that stuff. They should have finished the show off like that. But I still have hope
Jun 25, 2017 1:39 AM
Jun 2017
there will most likely be no season three because of (pop) reasons.

1. At the end of season two of the anime which is clearly EP.24. After all of the credits and song had ended you can clearly see "Snow White with the red hair" and then Fin. Fin is actually a French word that translates to "end' And usually meaning in a case like ours it means"The End." Season 1 does not end like that and instead ends with scenes so we can prove that may mean the end of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime.

2. Yes there is a OVA to Akagami no shirayuki-hime. OVA's are made for "extra craveing fans" That want more of the Anime that they were watching that has either ended or is ending ,so that that person can be satisfied to have more to watch then being done with the Anime all together. Yes OVA means "Original Video animation. OVA's are used as a Pre-sequel, Sequel, or a US to the Anime storyline. Although the anime aired in Japan on July 6 2015. And Ended on March 28 2016. The OVA was released on January 5 2016 at the end of season 1. So we can prove that it was a US. (Universal storyline). The OVA was based all on Shirayuki's and Zens romantic relationship and going on a date while list also about Mitsuhide, Kiki, And Prince Ragi. But since this OVA was made before the ending of the Animation scripting we can conclude that it was a US with a ending story also revealing more about the Characters.

3.At the End of Season 2 we can see that the story has that "We are wraping up the entire thing with motivational words" type of thing. Like the end of a song and you can just tell. Yes this may not be a Solid reason but its a decent one to comprehend. It didn't seem like they were going to continue anything were they. Zen already made a Promise to marry Shirayuki and there were no conflicts going on at that moment of time. So the entire story has been wrapped up into a ending.

4.There has been no explicit evidence from the studios/or Author of the manga (Sorata Akizuki) That they will be continuing past the ending points of the manga and EP.24 of the anime. Yes all the die hearted fans and screaming like crazy but that won't help. There hasn't been solid evidence that there will be any continuation of either. The Manga ended after 17 volumes. and there has been not many signs or anyone saying anything to us fans about a season 3 even though the manga goes past the anime a lot in the storyline.

5.The manga is not being to popular in Japan.manga artist's that get showed have their stuff published and bought if not enough money is also being put into a animation studio for a anime then it can go downhill fast. Big animes like Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Black butler. A few of the main stream anime, are very popular and are most common to know in the anime community and people who watch anime. (even you must of heard of one of them) Manga's who aren't mainstream but yes are still popular but not getting enough funding can sink and may not continue just because of money issues.

I can go on for ever about super scissions and theories but these are the main FACTS about why...the anime most likely 97/100 not continuing.
Jul 8, 2017 5:06 AM
Jul 2017
i SWEAR IF THERE WON'T BE A SEASON 3 OF SNOW WHITE WITH THE RED HAIR....
:'(
Aug 14, 2017 5:33 PM
Aug 2017
[Celestial_Jane]I really want a season 3...TBH I still have a lot of questions...Regarding their marriage,Obi's feelings,Ryu's feelings,Prince Raji's feelings,and I kinda want a special twist in the story...I kinda want to see how Prince Zen would react if Shirayuki was a princess with magical hair from a far away land...And was kidnapped with a severe wound caused by a sword...I really want that to happen...Can I ask for everyone's support regarding the possibility of Season 3's creation...?
Please support it...I really want it to last for a long time...It's actually interesting...I'm not sure if I can but I wish that I can inspire you to pray for the animatic creation of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Season 3...Please pray for it's creation...please *PRAY FOR AKAGAMI NO SHIRAYUKI-HIME SEASON 3*...I respect and pray for positive reviews with your support to my supporting prayer...Please...HELP...[/quote][quote=123clair123][quote=Celestial_Jane message=50665003]I really want a season 3...TBH I still have a lot of questions...Regarding their marriage,Obi's feelings,Ryu's feelings,Prince Raji's feelings,and I kinda want a special twist in the story...I kinda want to see how Prince Zen would react if Shirayuki was a princess with magical hair from a far away land...And was kidnapped with a severe wound caused by a sword...I really want that to happen...Can I ask for everyone's support regarding the possibility of Season 3's creation...?

Yes, I totally agree I have an imagination like u and want all of those questions answered. (P.S. I support ur prayer) good luc XD

#PRAY FOR AKAGAMI NO SHIRAYUKI-HIME SEASON 3
Oct 2, 2017 1:23 PM
Sep 2017
Please someone tell me that there will be a season 3
Kokoro26Oct 2, 2017 4:21 PM
Nov 3, 2017 7:07 PM

Dec 2008
Just want to enquire as Im at a con and need some advice before buying this series. Does season 2 have any loose ends, or does it tie things up?
Nov 5, 2017 3:38 PM

Dec 2014
A season 3 is needed in my opinion, but the show is worth the purchase
Nov 18, 2017 2:34 PM
Aug 2014
Season 1 wasn't that good imo. but when one of my friend suggested to continue, i was very impressed with 2nd season. The character designing were fantastic. Characters like Obi and Prince Raj would be thrown away as side characters at most of the animes, but I'm glad they decided to put more influence in those characters.

What I'm saying is. finally they are doing a good work with this anime! So why should they stop? looking forward to the third season :)
Nov 22, 2017 10:06 AM
Nov 2017
WE NEED SEASON 3!!!! SOON IT WILL BE 3 YEARS SINCE FIRST EPISODE WAD PREMIERED SO PLEASE. DO SEASON 3! THERE IS MANY PEOPLE THAT ARE SAD ABOUT THAT SO DO IT FOR US AND MAKE SEASON 3! thank you.
Dec 10, 2017 6:55 PM
Dec 2017
I hope that there will be a third season because there are currently 92 chapters it would be a disappointment to all the fans of Akagami no Shirayukihime (Snow white with the red hair). But if there only end up being two seasons I will be satisfied because at least I got to see my cinnamon rolls grow up and I got to see one of my favorite ships become canon. :D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2016

117 by Seraschi »»
Feb 24, 1:44 PM

» Let's vote for production of the third season!

Shadow_Kurgansk - Dec 31, 2023

14 by Shadow_Kurgansk »»
Jan 16, 11:26 PM

» Help Us Promote "Shirayuki no Hime" Season 3 Petition

Shadow_Kurgansk - Jan 2

7 by SwiftSN »»
Jan 4, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

166 by pufinab »»
Nov 3, 2023 2:40 PM

» Season 3???

WannabeWeeb_ - Jul 22, 2021

15 by HaremKing01 »»
Jul 17, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.